• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Kheire handed Vivi off to the nurse as soon as she arrived, wanting her to be in better hands. He watched in awe as the healer teacher used bubble aligned skills to transport her safely, diagnose her condition, and even begin her healing process all at the same time. It seemed so effortless, so beneficial, so perfect. It seemed like something he needed. He should do a bubble dungeon, and soon.

Awake from her bed rest after a day, she looked around the room filled with bubbles, sighing in awe. This was definitely not her room but damn did she want it to be. Taking in a deep breath, she realized they were all healing bubbles, something she should probably get to soon. She uncovered herself from the blankets and sat up, realizing the Nekomata had taken her human form again. It seemed, now a days, she was losing her hold on her cat form. This must've been caused by a lack of sleep, and Vivi swore to get herself more rested. Buuuuut, not now, she had accidently left her armor in the dorms. Stumbling out of bed, she stretched her legs and quickly ran out in just her white gown, heading towards the dorm living room. Bursting in, she found her armor on the couch, untouched. She digged in her bag that was next to the armor, pulling out a pen to capture the armor in it. She would need it soon for her wind dungeon. Yes, she would get ALL the cores...all of them...and hopefully make a profit on the ones she didn't need. 'Is that even legal...? Eh, I'll find out soon enough.' She thought to herself, emptying her bag.

"So, Kheire, can I have help with this core now?" Val asked, but then she noticed a machine in the room. "What's this?"

Kheire looked around at the various machines in the room, wondering which she meant before seeing the one her interest was drawn towards. "Ah, that is the body of what will soon be one of my two puppets. It may only look like a fancy spiked cube thing now, but its true form is much more. Now, let me see that core and I will get to work." He sat down on his floor next to the runic tattoo drawing tools and held out his hand for the gem-like monster remains.

Quin gets up and starts walking towards the gates. "Bo, Anthony, John, go to my room and lay down on my bed.... Kim, Vivi and Grace, we're gonna go gather random things in the woods." Quin smiles and starts to walk towards the woods with his new blood suckers.

Ren's past training kicked in, ducking gracelessly to try to avoid the attack that would never have hit to begin with.
His evasion was not one of an entirely hopeless student, more one of an amateur martial artist caught off-guard: a dodge that was offensive to even look at by anyone trained in combat, but still put him in a perfect position to counterattack.

A combination of realising this and the fact that he'd just revealed to Miki that he had orthodox combat skill forced him to break eye contact in sheer embarrassment.
He stood up slowly, flushing faintly.
"R-reflex," he mumbled, clearing his throat. "Um... I've never actually used a weapon before... But I can use Kalaripayattu a little bit..."

"That...that is workable. That style can work with swords right?" The brunette pressed the de-leafed stick into Ren's arms.
"For starters you can pretend this is a sword and get into a fighting position. We can work on using Kalaripayattu after you can do the basics. Maybe we can go on a dungeon to test things out."

"I'm not too sure about dungeons..." Ren mumbled, working on his foot positioning.
He eventually opted for a side-on stance with his left arm outstretched and the "sword" held over his head. "How's this?"

Miki took a step back to get a better view, collecting stray pebbles from the ground as he did so.
"Move this," he threw the stone at Ren's exposed ankle, "back half a step. No, that's a quarter step. Too much! Okay, take an eighth of a step back."
With each correction a rock was thrown with progressively more force than the last.
"Relax your arm, it's too straight, if you were in a real fight the enemy would've removed your head and half your organs by the time you reached them." A pebble to the side of Ren's head.

He moved to grab another stone but found that he had run out. Miki gave an exaggerated sigh as he moved closer to Ren, resorting to prodding at his limbs until they were in the correct position. "There, does that feel a bit more natural?"

Last edited by a moderator:
Ren was essentially shuddering with every move and flinching with every criticism at this stage, his face of a boy on the verge of tears.
"N-not r-really..." he murmured timidly. "It's a bit uncomfortable... b-but that might just be the bruises from the rocks."

He didn't recall signing up for this at all.

But Miki was doing his best to teach him, so he was probably the one doing something wrong. Maybe if he worked harder he wouldn't need rocks thrown at him...

Valentina handed him the core, her attention then drawn to the drawing tools.
"Oh? And what's that?"

"Maybe if I... on a scale of 'one' to 'no say in the matter' how comfortable are you with not being in control of your own arm?" It was an exaggeration, at best he could move half an inch before becoming tired.

Miki tried to ease the stick out for Ren's grasp. "Maybe this would work better with an actual weapon."

"I'll do the best I can...?" he attempted, hoping that it was the right answer.
Realising what Miki was doing, Ren opened his hand, letting the stick go but being very careful not to disturb the posture that he'd been guided into.
"Will a real sword be different?" he asked.

"Please catch me." Miki ignored the unintentional jab about swords and leapt at Ren, shifting into the blade he had been working on prior. It was still unfinished, dull to the point it would only be good for bludgeoning people. He angled his grip into Ren's hand and made himself known to shorter male's mind, conjuring up an obviously foreign image to best convey the message, Apologies if I scared you... I don't mean to...」
It was something he made sure to not do regularly, 'speaking' as a spirit was a special thing where no words were exchanged, none were needed, only images and feelings. Reassurance and a myriad of similar emotions would be poured into the recipient's mind.

If he had used the language freely he could surely make his target lose all sense of self as he steadily influenced their thought, emotions, and eventually behavior. Insanity would slowly begin to wrack their minds as they lost any idea of which feeling was whose feelings were whose.
He didn't even need to give any signs that he had transmitted emotions and they could just believe any feelings of hate or self-loathing or love was their own. All he would need to do was subtly lull his Master into a state of peace and twist him to fit and—

Have you calmed down?」

Ren's eyes lit up with wonder as he looked at the sword, pleasantly surprised.
Wow, Miki! I didn't know you could be wielded!」 his mental voice exclaimed in childlike excitement. 「Good idea! This will be a lot easier to learn with. What a useful ability to have... I'm jealous.
He was like a wistful schoolgirl in his unspoken whispers, his thoughts a crooning song of contentment.
With a mere display of what could have essentially amounted to a party trick in any other circumstance, the boy's unease was instantly availed. For an imminent victim of violating mind games, he was jarringly carefree.

He also responded with a degree of skill and clarity that was unusually unbecoming of someone who had no dependent spirits to their name.

Quin continued onword into the woods looking at all the different nature. "Vi 2, suck nectar out of that flower." Quin said and pointed to a blue flower. Vi 2 did as told and quin started walking again. Quin tripped over a rock and fell face first into a deep and dark hole. "AHHHH!" He screamed as his puppets flew after him. A loud banging sound later he was at the bottom of the pit. "Ahh.... uhhh... ugh my head..." quin looked around from where he's sitting. "Vi 2, inject me with that nectar." His puppet flew over and stabbed his arm with the needle. "Fuck me that hurts!" Vi 2 pushed the nectar into his arm. Quin Immediately vomited and looked at it. "Blood.... I did hit my head on the way down...." quin puts his hand on his heart. "No beat, still dead, phew." He smiles and stands, looking around more.

The Nekomata sneezed lightly as she grabbed a bottle of chocolate milk, uncaping it and chugging it down happily while holding it with both hands. Soon enough, the glass bottle was empty, Vivi panting slight. "Damn...I didn't know I was so thirsty...or hungry..." she muttered to herself, looking towards a pale Renya and pulling out a dry rainbow fish cake, handing it to her. "Here's your food...sorry I didn't come home son enough..." she stayed silent for Renya's reply, "Ya I know, it was stupid of me not to eat the snow...but it's so easy to forget about that when in a dungeon!...Yes, mean only me..." she looked down, ears flat against her head. Suddenly, her head snapped up, and she smiled brightly, "Yes, I will! Promise!" She chirped happily as she grabbed 3 more fish cakes for herself, running off intof Renya's room. "If you want one you better catch me!"

Miki began to send images of what he assumed Ren was going for, tweaking Ren's position with the occasional nudge of his arm.
And if you would just shift your weight like this... perfect. Can your body remember this position?」
He guessed it had to do with his roots, but being in this spot was a lot easier to work with than just observing from the side lines.

Vivi sat up from her pile of blankets, yawning and stretching tiredly as her stomach growled for food. Standing up slowly in her big jacket and shorts, she stumbled to Kheire's room and knocked tired while mewing loudly. Figuring knocking wasn't enough, she started pawing at it with her hand, clawing at it softly.

Kheire turned to the door, hearing the scratching coming from the other side. Turning back to Val, he lifted an index finger and replied, "Just a second, there seems to be a visitor at my door. Again." He opened it up and lifted Vivi into his arms. "Hello there. Feeling better? Oh, and in response to your question, Val, those are the tools I use for symbol magic. I had just finished giving Miki a set of runic tattoos when you came." He pets Vivi gently while talking to Val.