The Nekomata went to Kheire's backside, climbing on top of him and continuing the loud mews. "Foood...fooooood....Kheire I'm staarrvviing...please make somefiiin...!" She chanted with her eyes closed, whining more for Kheire to make his special food.

Kheire sighed, patting the Nekomata atop his head. "Alright, alright. What would you like? Oh, and would you like something too, Val?" He attempts to be a good host to both his guests.

"Aaannythiiing! Food! Food! Food! Food!" She chanted more while clinging to Kheire. Her tired expression was quickly turned into a happy one, pawing at Kheire's hair.

"Runic tattoos? What do they do?" Val asked.
"Anyway, sure, food would be lovely."

"Hmmm. I could go for an omelette. How do you like your eggs, you two? As for the tattoos, Val, they can do a wide variety of things. Store attacks, store items, store exin, boost your traits, etc." Kheire replied, smiling at how happy Vivi was. He began to head to the kitchen, expecting Val to follow. "Bring the tools if you'd like me to give you some."

"Scrambled and Sunnyside up please! And hardboiled!" She chirped while nuzzling Kheire's head.

Armeria breathed in, her hand holding over her pounding heart. She never thought in a million years that she would go somewhere...with so many people, especially after everything that happened around her.
The female breathed out, clutching her suitcase tight to her side, her blue eyes moving to glance up at the entrance of the dormitories, transfer student... Ha, more like fresh bait.
She gently tucked her hair back, walking up the stairs to enter.

Ren was silent for a moment or two.
"Let's find out, I suppose..." he decided.
He carefully disengaged from the stance, fully prepared for what should happen if he couldn't get back into it.

But, calling up the image Miki had given to him, he quickly managed to emulate it with a great degree of accuracy for an amateur swordsman.
He didn't want to admit it, but it was really down to Wu Zhan having pushed him during classes that he could take a stance so easily.
How did I do?」he asked his partner, figuring he'd be able to spot any little details that were off.

Kheire, Vivi, and Val all enjoyed a pleasant meal of breakfast foods. After having filled their stomachs, Kheire gave Val his journal on symbol magic, written in the same format as his mother's, but he wouldn't let someone touch that needlessly. While she was choosing what tattoos she would have and on what parts of her body, Vivi rested on Kheire's head while he tinkered with the core Val brought him. After which, he set it into a glove, for ease of use and access. Upon receiving the glove, Val told Kheire the specifications for her tattoos. By the time they had finished, the day was nearly half over. Kheire laid Vivi in her bed and sent Val on her way, hoping she was happy with them.

Acceptable. Next time move your hand down a bit, but we can move on to the next step now.

The brunette changed back into his human form, falling onto the ground with a bit more grace than his last attempt. Miki picked himself up from the ground, and stretched from the hours of being in his other form, "For a beginner you did pretty well. Try to fit those exercises into your schedule. It would be a better use of time than... meditating in Mage classes."

Last edited by a moderator:
"R-right. Yeah. Meditating. Mm-hm," he nodded. "I do that. It's really important to my daily routine. Like eating."

He seemed to dwell on this notion for a moment or two, before smiling widely. "Let's go eat! There's a couple things I have to ask Kheire too."

Well, there was that, but there was also a new student that Dr Yellow had mentioned who was meant to be joining soon. He admitted that he had no idea as to who they were or what they were like, but they were certainly someone to keep an eye out for. Maybe he would be able to show somebody else the ropes for a change.

Yui was getting ready for the dungeon he was about to venture off to. He made sure to make the potions Kheire had gave before he left. "It was really nice of Kheire to give these to me." He said to himself as he was getting into his set of plate armor. "Let's see." He started checking things off one last time before he left. "Potions, armor, Okin. Alright I got it all." Yui began to make his way out of his room and towards the portal room. "I can do this, it's not going to be that bad. At least I hope it won't." Yui began to think has he went into the portal room, walking towards the portal to the bone dungeon.

The portal opened up into a new world of dimly lit catacombs, presumably deep underground. The walls were made of stacked bones from ancient corpses, the skulls inscribed with their date of death.

Yui looked around and studied some of the skulls, reading dates out and such. "This place is a little weird, but it doesn't matter. I just need to get it done." He began to walk down the hallway, keeping an eye out to make sure he didn't trip on anything or trigger any traps. He walked onwards.

Bones scrambled around, forming confused monstrosities that drew closer to Yui, seemingly aggressive. They grabbed bones and threw them at Yui with terrible aim.

Yui had drawn Okin and took a sweeping strike at the three skeletons before them, breaking them apart. Their bones shattered into pieces, leaving only three shining bone cores. They could be used for interesting equipment or skills. Yui had picked them up and kept walking. "I hate this damned place already." He got the chills from just walking around, after seeing those things come out of no where. "I guess those things formed with magic, they had horrible aim though." Yui had picked his pace up to a jog now, trying to progess as fast he could.

His first crossroads came up soon enough, three paths of varying sizes. Yui had taken to largest path, still keeping up his pace. His armor had made rustling sounds as he jogged. "Wonder if more of those things will show up." A roar shook the walls shortly after he finished talking to himself. "What the hell?!" Yui had wondered what made the sound, and how big it was. "I am really starting to hate this place." His jog had turned into a run. "So help me if I get out here alive I hope I get some good loot from this." The roar turned into more of a groan, always coming from the largest passageways. Despite every groan he heard he kept pushing onwards, ready for almost everything life was about to throw at him. "What keeps making those noises?"

The largest opening yet came up, bringing into view the source of the ominous sounds. It was a skeletal giant, made from the combined remains of many smaller creatures. It was slowly lumbering around its lair, making groaning noises every once in a while. "What the fuck is that?" He mumbled, hoping not to alert it. "Is this really what I have to fight?" He started to give Okin a few swings before slowly walking towards the beast.
The abomination struck out with its bone club, making a swing at the intruder to its home. The swing went way off course, the beast having only one eye, made from its core. The club struck the ground, blowing up a cloud of dust.
Yui had taken this chance to run up the club towards the beast's head, using the morning star on Okin's chain to attempt a strike at the head. The hit landed. Yui had leapt back, wrapping the chain around his hand.
The bone giant took another swing, having a much higher chance at such close range with its huge size. It was able to get a hit off, swinging Yui into the wall. Yui let out a pained scream, coughing up some blood. He had wiped it away with his sleeve. "Now you made me stain my nice white shirt, you fucking creep." He attempted to swing the blade of Okin at it's leg, trying to take the entire bone itself out.
A deep gash was left on the bone as the beast roared in agony, lifting its club and slamming it back down on Yui, able to mark him as an easy target since he is cornered.Yui let out another scream of pain. "This thing is tough I'll give it that." He would then attempt to hit it's skull with Okin's blade.
The beastly bone amalgamation shrugged off the hit and continued to beat down Yui with its club. Yui had let out yet another scream of pain. At that moment, something clicked into place.
It was not so much a sensation of realisation so much as rememberance.
Something that should have always been yet had not until now became.
A key clicked into a lock that had been sealed since it was created.
The keyhole was filled entirely and perfectly.
Something broke. The world was bathed in crimson. Yui and jumped up and boosted himself off the wall, swinging the blade of Okin towards the bone giant hoping the chain would wrap around it's neck. It had, Yui had yanked the chain down while he was falling, tearing the bone giant's head clean off. Yui turned and swung the blade of Okin towards its skull, with the blade lodged in the bone giant's head, Yui had swung down sending its head into the ground. Yui slowly walked towards its head and pulled Okin out. He then pulled the core out of its right eye socket. Yui looked around the room for a chest, scanning the room carefully. He found it by a door and opened it, he collected two rings from the chest and opened the door. He was back in the portal room. "Glad that's over with finally." He exhaled deeply and started to walk back to his room.

Valentina was confused. Who even was this person. She wasn't really sure, but Sammy wanted to bite her and Kheire was nagging about no fights outside of the arena. She wasn't even fighting! It was her dumbass dragon. Well, might as well, she supposed.
In the prep. room she had Sam sit on her shoulder, and her knives were all tucked into her jacket. She also had her gun, but in her storage tattoo. Briefly, Val contemplated using the boosters, but she decided against it for the moment. She also had the glove with the dart move from the core inlaid into it on her hand.

Haruhi looked into the mirror. She had her bow strapped to her back, along with every arrow she could find. She twirled her scythe into her hands, trying to prepare her best. She took out cloth and alcohol and began to clean.

Val pulled her hair into a ponytail, and her wings grew out. She wasn't going full avian yet, but flying would be nice. She pulled two throwing knives out and let Sammy slobber all over the blade, making it venomous.

Haruhi wasnt sure who she was fighting, she just wished for a challenging opponent. She pulled her scarf up to cover her mouth. She quickly brushed her hair and tail. She then threw her scythe into the air and caught it. She mumbled a bit to it for good luck.

Val walked out of the room into the arena. Time to fight, or whatever? Okay, Val, you need to be more serious about this. She wiped the little grin off of her face and became as serious as possible.

Haruhi stepped out into the light. She breathed in deeply happy to be here. She slung her scythe over her shoulders. Her tail swaying happily. She was ready for this fight. Whether she won or lost so be it. She would try her best always.

A scythe, huh? That won't be much of a problem, but the bow was slightly threatening. Val hoped she didn't have very good aim. Flying into the air, Valentina took a knife in each hand, and Sam flew to the side of the arena, ready to help if she needed it.

"Hello! I'm Takanashi. Its a pleasure to meet you. I hope to have an eventful fight. " She flew into the air as well. She smiled, but it was hidden under the scarf.

Okay now the scythe could be a problem. Val was betting on being a better flier though.
"My name is Valentina. I hope I can meet your expectations."

"Lovely name. I'm sure you will." She bows the best you can when flying. Haruhi threw her scythe into the air. With her free hands she shot a regular arrow at her. She quickly put it back and caught her other weapon.

Val wizzed to the side, the arrow zooming past her. She flew over Haruhi and threw a poisoned knife at her.

The knife hit her, the venom burning in her leg. While Val was closer to her , Haruhi flew straight up with her scythe ready. She channeled light aligned exin into her scythe, expanding and its edge sharpening the more she poured in. She sliced at her.
The blade pierced through Val's left arm, coming out of her hand almost immediately.
With a sharp pain, the limb went limp, as if having tendons severed... Oh.

Holy- ow, what the hell? Her knife clattered to the ground. Val flew a mild distance away. Maybe it was time to try this new move out... Her beast side was trying to fight to the surface though.
She lifted her right hand with the glove on it, and casted fire darts.

The darts struck Haruhi directly, an explosion of flame ringing out and blasting her out of the sky. She is quickly slammed into the ground. She winces in pain. She carefully stands up. She channels mental strength and exin, sending out orbs of psychic power. She sends them straight towards Val.

The pain exploding in her head shatters her ability to keep her other form at bay, and she transforms, becoming feathered and angry. She sends large three fireballs at her opponent.

In the single instant before the match reached a definitive end, the victor was decided. Haruhi's body was encased in flame, wrapping around her as if to wring her out. Her blackening skin burned away, her eyes bursting like superheated eggs and bones exploding spectacularly into shrapnel fireworks right before the arena returned to normal, wiping away any trace of injuries or destruction, as if the duel had never taken place at all.
In a sense, it hadn't.
But, of course, it had.

The feathers turned to dust along with Val's wings once she landed, and her arm was healed. She walked to the knife on the ground and picked it up, feeling a little bad for the new student. Sam flew to her, sitting on her shoulder.
Valentina was victorious for once, and she walked through the empty corridor to her room. She wanted to take a nap.

Quin continued onwards into the woods looking at all the different nature. "Vi 2, suck nectar out of that flower." Quin said and pointed to a blue flower. Vi 2 did as told and Quin started walking again. Quin tripped over a rock and fell face first into a deep and dark hole.
He screamed as his puppets flew after him. After a loud banging sound he was at the bottom of the pit. "Uugh my head..." Quin looked around from where he's sitting, "Vi 2, inject me with that nectar."
His puppet flew over and stabbed his arm with its needle-like mouth. "Fuck me that hurt!" Vi 2 pushed the nectar into his arm. Quin immediately vomited and looked at it. "Blood.... I did hit my head on the way down...."
Quin puts his hand on his heart. "No beat, still dead, phew." He smiles and stands, looking around more.
"Damn, it's dark..." Quin pointed out the obvious. From the looks of it he had two ways to go, left or right. "Hmmmm... you." He pointed at Kim, one of his other puppets, "Fly down the left." the puppet did as it was told, and Quin started walking to the right.

"I guess I won't be seeing her for a while." He stated walking deeper into the cave. As Quin walked he could see different forms of vegetation on the walls. Quin walks over to what he thinks is a vine, instead it is a rope. "How did a rope get all the way down here?" he asks himself, "Am I not the only one who's explored this place?" he stares at the rope, baffled. He shakes the thought out of his head and keeps walking forward.
As Quin walks he sees a glowing rock. He picks up the rock and something flies out of a hole that the rock was covering. It hits him in the face and Quin falls back on to the ground.
"Fucking whore." He says covering his cheek where he was scratched at. Quin scans the room frantically trying to find whatever scratched his face. Quin stands up and hears a noise.
"Fucking done with this shit." He spins in a circle breathing lightning all around him, his two puppets cling to his back for safety, the cave lights up like it's the middle of day. He stops after a minute of spinning, dizzy he listens for any noises that could be around. "Nothing."

He smiles and sits down. "Grace, sit on my shoulder and light up the world... well in this case, whatever is in front of me." as Quin says that, his puppet crawls onto his shoulder, lights flickered on and Quin can see. "Ah yes, let there be light..." Quin said sarcastically.
Quin starts walking again. As he gets farther along in the cave he begins to hear more noises. He slows down his walk trying to observe more of his surroundings. He stops walking and looks at a wall, pure rock, he looks at the other wall, some mushrooms are growing from it, "Don't really have much use for these, but maybe someone else will..." Quin says as he grabs a few of them.
He hears a loud scratching noise. Quin covers his ears and looks around trying to figure out where it's coming from. He sees a small little bat almost three feet away from him. He takes his hand off his ear and runs toward the bat, turning his arm to a sword and slicing it as he gets in range. He hits the bat slicing it in half, "Now I can die without a fucking head ache."
Quin laughs at his joke and picks up the dead bat. "What can we do with you wings? Or your body? Or your head and brain?" Quin thinks for a few moments. "I'll ask Kheire when I get back." With that he pockets the bat and keeps walking.

"Grace?" His puppet flies off his shoulder and hovers in front of him. "Do you think Kim is okay?" Quin asks and Grace continues to hover in front of him. "I don't think she is, I kinda regret sending her on the left alone..." Quin says looking at the ground feeling ashamed for trashing one of his brand new puppets. "Grace sit back on my shoulder and light the way in front of me up please."
Quin looks up and starts walking forward again. "Stupid ass noise everywhere..." He states and keeps walking. As Quin walks he kicks a lose rock, under the rock happens to be water, or some liquid. "I can't take that... cool rock though." He picks up the greenish blueish rock and puts it in his pocket. Quin keeps walking forward until he reaches a big open room. From the entrance he looks around the room. "Empty..." he states and walks in more.

Quin walks in further and looks around more. He picks up and rock and throws it towards the center of the room. The rock hits the floor and echos, then the room starts to rumble and the ground starts to rise. Quin backs his way to the entrance. He sees wings, legs, eyes, and
a proboscis, or the mouth of the mosquito. "Fuck me...." he looks at the giant bug in front of him, "Vi 2, Grace, Go suck blood!" Quin shouts and the two puppets fly off of him, clinging to the bigger mosquito sucking blood out of it.
The winged beast's flesh was assaulted and its wings vibrated furiously to show its fury, causing an ear-piercing screech that only caused the puppets to falter for a half second, giving it enough time to shake them away.
Quin looks at his puppets as they short circuited for the second or two, he breathes lightning towards it.
Lightning passed harmlessly around the creature as it reared its head to stab the Vampire with its mouth.
Quin runs towards the creature, and tries to jump onto it, Quin turns his arms into swords and tries to use them to catch himself.
A loud wail pierced the air and the creature struggled to dislodge the blades in its thorax to no avail. It took to wildly colliding into the walls to crush the Vampire.
Quin used his magnificent lighting breath, and breathed into the stab wound.
The smell of burning tissue filled the air and the mosquito beast repeated its frantic actions, finally dislodging Quin from its side.
"Grace, Vi 2 Attack the wound." Quin tells his puppets to attack and they fly over.
Seeing the two puppets approaching it, the beast smashed straight into them, barrelling towards the tall male at full force.
Quin picks up one of his puppets, and injects himself with the healing potion in it, "Ugh!" He grunted in pain as the potion worked its magic.
The mosquito swung its proboscis at Quin like a blunt weapon aiming for him while he was still down.
Quin breathes lightning on the beast itself, running towards it.

Quin soon woke up at a strange looking place. He looked around scanning his surroundings. He was in a corner with what looked like Cots, or hospital beds around him, he looked at his suit, all torn and raggedy. "What the hell happened?" Quin sits up groaning in pain "ahh... ow...." he doesn't dare try to walk, he pulls his sleeve up and looks at his arm. "Pale.... I need to drink blood or something...." quin says to himself looking around more, he notices a door that looks as if it's leading out. He looks around more seeing some bandaids laying around on different beds. "Hospital?" Quin starts to shake. "Am I in town? No, no, no, these look like a school, I'm back at the academy... wait one second." Quin takes his hand and puts it over his heart. "Thank god I'm still dead..." Quin laughs to himself, with that final thought he lays back down taking a nap.

Hearing the news of Quin being in the infirmary, Vivi wasted no time bolting towards the hospital wing. She pushed pass anyone and everyone, eyes hard with determinitation to go and find him. Finally bursting into the rooms, she came across the sleeping Vampire, looking pale and absolutely dreadful. Not wasting a second, the Nekomata pounced on the sleeping form, yelling loudly as she hugged him tightly.
"WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!? WHERE WERE YOU!? YOU COULD'VE ASKED ME TO JOIN YOU IF YOU WERE GOING SOMEWHERE DANGEROUS!" Vivi had ranted on, ears flat against her head and tail curled around her leg to give her a fragile human appearance to show her worry.

Quin's eyes opened. "Jesus fucking Christ you scared me back to life." Quin laughes slightly, hugging Vivi. "I went to a dungeon by mistake I suppose.... I fell, and don't remember what else happen, I just woke up here, pale, raggedy, and tired." Quin looks at his blood red tie, torn and raggedy, it hung loosely around his neck. "Damn I liked that tie." Quin smiles and moves over in the hospital cot, making room for Vivi. "Hop in, there's room."

Vivi quickly snuggled into the blankets next to Quin, purring loudly and clinging to the Vampire's arm. "Worry me like that again and im castrating whatever balls you have and making it bait for sardines..." she muttered under her breath, being audible enough for him to hear.

Quin's eyes go wide. "I may be dead but I'd like to keep those...." he says. "So who told you I was here? More importantly, want a fire tonight?" Quin smiles trying to sit up. "Ow." he mutters under his breath.

"First off, I over heard some other students in my healer class saying they hoped to work on the vampire body that was recently brought in. Second, I fire sound amazingly awesome." Vivi grinned at the last part, tail uncurling from her leg and flicking side to side excitedly.

"Okay no, I'm not some science expiriment, the only person I trust working on me is you and Kheire..." Quin smiles brightly. "Yes a fire tonight with more s'mores, it's a date." Quin froze almost immediately.