Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, right now I feel heat is not our main concern, but Output is. If we can have a decent overall output, we will do just fine. However, I will definitely be investing in some Heatsinks soon enough

We'll have the output, but I think it's also going to increase the heat. At least we have a dedicated cool-off mode if we have time to rest.

Heat could be a problem, but it won't be a big one until we start using a large number of high output modules at full blast. A few things running simultaneously at 4 or 5 output will reliably produce a lot of heat from the power draw, but until we get there, no need to worry too much about it. I'm still likely to set up a few "status bars" to track heat levels and processing load, etc. when the 'frame's actually active.

Whatever the case, we'll see how things go as the game progresses. No real use in trying to figure out how to best work within the system before we've even sen it in play. Another magical girl game I was in had some potentially bad things that we at first all wanted to avoid, until we realized it really wasn't a big deal in normal play. So later PCs ended up designed more to actually push the issue rather than try to avoid it because "bad things".

That reminds me that one day I want to try a Double Cross campaign and deal with that meter. It turns you into a monster of some sort or other bad stuff if it overflows.

Double Cross is fun that way. I want to run it some time, myself, but I can't quite wrap my head around how it should actually be run. The sample scenarios have a pretty rigid structure, compared to the way games in my group usually go, so its difficult to figure out. I'll probably run it eventually when there's some time, though.

It should be fun. The risk of overheating is probably intended by the GM to make every fight/conflict full of tension. I don't imagine our girls will be dealing with every adversary easily despite the very powerful cyberframes. Which is great. The main characters of a story should be have real conflicts and dangers.

Agreed. That moment when your ranger is one failed roll away from death is such a great feeling. Which can immediately turn sour, or even better depending on the roll.

Alrighty everyone, sorry for the delay. I thought I'd finished the painting yesterday but I forgot about trim... It's been three long, tiring days of painting for as long as there's been sun, which has left me creatively drained, but I got the IC up!

CLOSED SIGNUPS - Scenario: Exponential Invasion (IC)

I'm going to start working next on setting information, both the city and the school specifically. Then I'll start working on previous violence case files that your characters might have heard of and also details on the various factions currently vying for control of Central City. Just need some free time to do it, eheh...

It should be fun. The risk of overheating is probably intended by the GM to make every fight/conflict full of tension. I don't imagine our girls will be dealing with every adversary easily despite the very powerful cyberframes. Which is great. The main characters of a story should be have real conflicts and dangers.
Yup, that was part of the design decision! I wanted to make something that would provide great power, but require heavy sacrifices for that power. Something that would reward teamwork and cooperation and punish lone-wolfing it. Something that would force some very difficult decisions. Not all mechanics have been revealed yet, so trying to plan for everything right now is a bit... premature. I'll be sure to thoroughly explain when you guys have unveiled a new mechanic, like how to upgrade your characters after character creation, how to upgrade your support facilities, how you ███ ████████ ██ ████ ███████, and how to ██████ █████ ███████!

Agreed. That moment when your ranger is one failed roll away from death is such a great feeling. Which can immediately turn sour, or even better depending on the roll.
At least there's not really gonna be rolling in this! I hate it when things are left yp to dumb luck like that. x3

• Love
Reactions: Izurich
Just a heads up. I'm going away on a trip til Sunday night. So my posting will be least than normal. I'll try to get at least one post in every night if possible. Writing on my mobile won't be fun.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
As much as I wanna just hop into the rp RIGHT NOW, I think I should actually rest before I make lots of typos and forget words.

Hey guys! Look what I have made! :D

Banners! Feel free to put these babies in as a header for your IC posts! ^.^
---
@Ailucia : For Remi! I edited the eyes to better represent her description, mix of red & blue!

J1eywIt.jpg

---
@Reanimator Bob : For Rita! A blank-faced redhead, hope the shield icon adequately represents her role as a tank!

hQdkVA6.jpg

---
@R-9 Pilot : For Ellen! Angela is a cutie. ;) Nice choice of avatar. She looks quite adorably badass here if I do say so myself!

DldZ32z.jpg

---
@Izurich : For Akni! To myself, I am just putting it here, sincerely, me.

ByYiTQJ.jpg

---
@Atenthirtyone : For Chie! The two style of fonts represent the two sides of her life, the restrictive life as an Heiress and the free-spirited soul who just wants to break free!

nxKrxd4.jpg

---

Enjoooooy~

With love,
Izurich

Those look great! Thanks for making them. I'll edit my post.

Oh jeez, how do I even get my crud to look like your posts. I'll figure it out.

Oh jeez, how do I even get my crud to look like your posts. I'll figure it out.
Here's the code for you!
Code:
[fieldbox=, yellow, solid]
[img]http://i.imgur.com/J1eywIt.jpg[/img]

Insert text here
[/fieldbox]

It will look like this!
[fieldbox=, yellow, solid]
J1eywIt.jpg

Insert text here
[/fieldbox]

• Thank You
Reactions: Ailucia
Well, I'll have to use that banner. Tailred is also good taste, as far as Akni's alter ego goes. Though I suppose Ellen would know her as Farron.

On the cyberframes and character advancement, I feel that much like the Symphogear system, they're under something like hundreds of layered limiter systems and interlocks, which are gradually removed as we actually get better at using them. Can't just give someone untrained full access and expect them to not kill themselves even worse that we could manage with what we have already.

Last edited:
On the cyberframes and character advancement, I feel that much like the Symphogear system, they're under something like hundreds of layered limiter systems and interlocks, which are gradually removed as we actually get better at using them. Can't just give someone untrained full access and expect them to not kill themselves even worse that we could manage with what we have already.
Nah. That's not a bad idea, but it really doesn't jive with the horror atmosphere. You really do only have what you have, and will have to acquire the resources to unlock the ability to create more. There will be a lot of... choosing, and sometimes those choices may be quite painful, but that's the part of the Fun™! :D

That works, too. Whatever the case, got to earn stuff.

Also, added a theme song in.

Reactions: Insomnant
Status
Not open for further replies.