Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh. Load cartridge.

Whatever the case, I feel like some important part of this will be characters and their weapons venting steam after big finishers.
I'm also not sure if it's astute so much as "yes, I too play these RPGs."
You say that, but I see pattern recognition and forward analysis regarding consequences of intentionally designed mechanics and I certainly consider that astute. :3

Feel free to send that PM! I'm glad to see you guys thinking tactically about feeling different roles. There will be a variety of enemies to fight, with different methods of fighting, so varied capabilities is a wise approach.

As far as the cartridge cooling idea, it's not a bad one- but not one I would want to integrate into the base mechanics. It might be something shows up in a Prototype Quality Module though! But it definitely should not be a standard option. It makes sense logically, but is not in line with what I want the rules to accomplish. This is going to be partially a horror-action game, which are two things that are pretty difficult to combine. It's hard to feel horrified if you are empowered! With that in mind I designed things so that you would be powerful... but at a cost. Perhaps not all of which have yet to be revealed! And, well, the ability to skip Heat like that would work against the sort of atmosphere I'm looking to inspire, sorry to say!

Last edited by a moderator:
No big deal, on that. Horror is VERY difficult to do.

Oh, sweet!
We're Aspies! One less thing to worry about!
Anyway, I might add my two cents to this.
I'll read carefully!

I am not home all day, so I probably won't be posting a CS, but what determines the quality of a mod? That is one thing I am having a hard time finding. I know what the quality determines, but I do know how to decide when a mod is standard it improved

Hello! I was reading this while at work and I'm super interested. I'm reading through everything right now and I'd love to join if you'd have me. ~<3

I am not home all day, so I probably won't be posting a CS
You mean, today? Or at all? You don't have to get it in today, take your time. I'm not in any rush. Like I said in the rules this isn't first come first serve. I'll probably close off submissions in like 3 days perhaps, at the latest. We'll see how it goes.

but what determines the quality of a mod?
You do, when designing your character:
  • You get 30 Build Points
  • Standard Modules cost 2 Build Points
  • Improved Modules cost 6 Build Points
  • Advanced Modules cost 18 Build Points

I'm reading through everything right now and I'd love to join if you'd have me. ~<3
Yeah sure, probably! Make sure to read the whole thing to ensure that you're still interested though, yah?

And just as a general message to everyone, I was serious about wanting to make sure you have read, understand, and agree to the principles, expectations, and rules I posted in the end of my first post. Please post your agreement with your character submission. (hint hint, Ailucia. =P)

Ahhhh yah let me officially agree. I was kinda up from 11pm to maybe 3am making the character so when I thought I was finally done playing with the stats I was DONE. Just allow me to change that a bit then, ontop of the modules now that I have an even better understanding!

Oh oh and one more question, is overcharge something that we can consciously choose whether we want to overcharge at the time, or is it something that will ALWAYS be used as if its overcharged?

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
I am done reading, and I know fully we'll what I'm signing up for!~ I know ahead of time that I will likely not be able to see this through to finish, so the idea of character death means that I can still contriubute something if I ever need to leave the role play.

In the meantime, I work for another 7 hours. I'll be thinking of a character in the mean time before I get to write her out. Probably going to look into making a super fast gunner girl.

I know ahead of time that I will likely not be able to see this through to finish
Why do ya say that?

Oh oh and one more question, is overcharge something that we can consciously choose whether we want to overcharge at the time, or is it something that will ALWAYS be used as if its overcharged?
It's only activated when you want it to be, not all the time. I tried to word it so that was clearer but I just couldn't seem to do it. >.< But that's what I meant by 'in short bursts,' it's only when you want to use it.

Something always ends up coming up and eating away my time and writing muse. I always give things my best shot though ;D

Something always ends up coming up and eating away my time and writing muse. I always give things my best shot though ;D
Well sorry then, but you aren't the sort of player I'm looking for. Thanks for being up front about it, though!

It's just that, there's already going to be enough risk of people dropping out, even those with the best of intentions starting off. The last thing I need is people who are pretty much assured to get bored and go do something else.

I didn't say bored now :U
For instance, my last role play I left wasn't because I didn't want to continue, it was because school threw a lot on me all at once and the GMs pace was wayyyyyy too fast, and the people I was interacting with took forever to post.

I'm not saying I WILL leave and Im definitely not saying I WILL get bored, what I'm saying is my life is eventful and that may hinder me from posting quickly, and if it becomes too much I may have to leave, not that I want to.

That being said, everyone has the possibility to have an event in their life that prohibits them from roleplaying effevlctively. I'm just saying that I have a higher chance of one of those events. If you were to write me off based on chance I'd believe that to be a little rushed of a decision. Besides, I'd refuse to drop out unless I was able to make a dramatic exit that helped further along the story.

What I'm trying to say, is that if it were to show that I might have to leave, I want to contribute a meaningful character death to further along the story, and I highly doubt you'll find many people expressing their willingness to allow such to happen to their character so free willedly.

I have about 2 months of unencumbered role play potential at the moment, that means it'll be at least two months before I might have to leave. That's ample time to make a significant impact on the story :P

• Love
Reactions: IceChateau777
No just today. I hate auto correct. Always messes up what I'm trying to say

If you were to write me off based on chance I'd believe that to be a little rushed of a decision.
You can say that, and you're likely correct, but I've been in this exact situation before, with my last RP. And my instinct screamed at me to not let this person into the RP, who begged to join, and then wound up leaving exactly as warned. Which is fine, only two other people also vanished over time. If I'd listened to my instincts and said no...

I don't know. We'll see. I'll probably wind up letting you join.

No just today. I hate auto correct. Always messes up what I'm trying to say
Ah, haha, gotchya.

As a note to everyone, I updated the Module spreadsheet to include the Alternate Configuration upgrade, and also a place to include any Tuners or Add-ons which would effect Processing and Power usage though not Output. Make sure to put the number of Tuners/Add-ons, not Rating or anything. Dropbox - Module Tool.ods

I'll write up a character sheet at least and leave it. Just in case xD

My circumstances are the same as Taz. I have life hindrances that may prevent me from contributing as much as I want to.

As life stands now, I need to pull back.

I'd like to see where this goes. Might consider popping in later.

In the meantime, I do wish everyone else the best of luck.

I don't think anyone would stop you from reading the actual threads. Not like we could anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.