Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I've been dealing with some severe depression/suicidal thoughts the past few days on top of having to adult harder than usual, so I haven't been in a good place. Feeling a lot better tonight though and hopefully the kids I work with won't be a pain so I'll be getting up a CS for a sous chef sometime tonight.

It's gonna go in a way none of you expect.

Name: Seph Moonspear

Species: Animal-kin (Wolf)

Role: Scout/ Off-Time Sous Chef

Personality: As could be expected of someone with the surname Moonspear, Seph, is often soft-spoken but his words can cut sharper than any blade if he so wanted to. This is in juxtaposition to his particular tribe of Wolf-kin, the Kaitangata Riri, who are known to have rampant mood swings, among other infamous traits; Seph only rampages when forced into a fight, of which his skin testifies of quite well. Like most of his tribe, he is quite spiritual, following his tribes shamanistic ways, though he prefers to be an example instead of proselytizing. To many, he would appear to have an unnatural love of carnage and butchery, where this wuldbe perfectly normal among his tribe. He is a blend of both modern and tribalistic cultures and often does and says things inconsistant with one or the other.

Skills: Butchery
Stealth
Parkour
Acrobatics
Shamanistic Magic
Tracking
Survivalism
The art of making anything taste good, aka. Cooking things that aren't chicken like they are chicken.

Strengths: Speed, endurance, environmental survivalism, night vision, keen senses

Weaknesses: A number of skeletons in his closet associated with his tribe, a tendency to inflict collateral damage in fights when rampaging, a tendency to escalate things quickly,

Armaments: Like others of his tribe, his jaws, teeth and claws are far stronger than other tribes, allowing him to use them as weapons in close combat. In addition to this, he is equipped with a pair of refined Riri steel cables and spikes on his wrists. This steel is forged exclusively by his tribe using secret methods and is, at worst, three times stronger than regular steel and at best, ten times stronger, depending on the skill of who crafted it. They are operated through shamanistic pneumatics utilizing air allowing them to be shot and retracted at 30ft/s, though pinpoint accuracy is gone at 10.

@AshenAngel If you'd like me to, I can share the mentioned tribal skeletons with you via PM, or we can let it play out through the RP.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Crono
Sorry, I've been dealing with some severe depression/suicidal thoughts the past few days on top of having to adult harder than usual, so I haven't been in a good place. Feeling a lot better tonight though and hopefully the kids I work with won't be a pain so I'll be getting up a CS for a sous chef sometime tonight.

I'm sorry to hear you've been unwell as of late. I do hope you continue to feel better and that your adult responsibilities ease up. Let's look forward to future, shall we? I'm sure much joy shall await, Master Gavin.

Name: Seph Moonspear

Species: Animal-kin (Wolf)

Role: Sous Chef

Personality: As could be expected of someone with the surname Moonspear, Seph, is often soft-spoken but his words can cut sharper than any blade if he so wanted to. This is in juxtaposition to his particular tribe of Wolf-kin, the Kaitangata Riri, who are known to have rampant mood swings, among other infamous traits; Seph only rampages when forced into a fight, of which his skin testifies of quite well. Like most of his tribe, he is quite spiritual, following his tribes shamanistic ways, though he prefers to be an example instead of proselytizing. To many, he would appear to have an unnatural love of carnage and butchery, where this wuldbe perfectly normal among his tribe. He is a blend of both modern and tribalistic cultures and often does and says things inconsistant with one or the other.

Skills: Butchery
Stealth
Parkour
Acrobatics
Shamanistic Magic
Tracking
Survivalism
The art of making anything taste good, aka. Cooking things that aren't chicken like they are chicken.

Strengths: Speed, endurance, environmental survivalism, night vision, keen senses

Weaknesses: A number of skeletons in his closet associated with his tribe, a tendency to inflict collateral damage in fights, a tendency to escalate things quickly,

Armaments: Like others of his tribe, his jaws, teeth and claws are far stronger than other tribes, allowing him to use them as weapons in close combat. In addition to this, he is equipped with a pair of refined Riri steel cables and spikes on his wrists. This steel is forged exclusively by his tribe using secret methods and is, at worst, three times stronger than regular steel and at best, ten times stronger, depending on the skill of who crafted it. They are operated through shamanistic pneumatics utilizing air allowing them to be shot and retracted at 30ft/s, though pinpoint accuracy is gone at 10.

@AshenAngel If you'd like me to, I can share the mentioned tribal skeletons with you via PM, or we can let it play out through the RP.
An interesting character indeed. I like him. I can't wait for the IC and how everyone will get along.

• Love
Reactions: Yaoi Master Gavin

Please keep going on. You are worth fighting for. Please keep fighting.

And it's good to see you come on back to the RP^^!!

K, but sooooooo... back to RP. Right. So like just a bit of a concern about your charrie.

Most of Seph's skills, abilities and even equipment point towards like more of a thinly veiled bad ass pathfinder than a role of meat cutter and cook. Like his steel cable crazy spiked things are mentioned in more detail than a single butchery implement. Like he even has shamanic magics @@!! To me, it sounds like he should be like a Scout with a knack for cooking more so than Sous-Chef with a knack for beating the crap out of things.

Cuz tbh, it would be pretty upsetting if we go out on a Scouting mission and the Sous-chef outshines the two charries in the Scout team. I'm thinking better to welcome him as a Scout rather than rivalling the Scout team? Like dont' get Boo wrong, I loves it. But! Feels like if their role is Sous-chef the appie should reflect, if not focus, upon that and not just state it, if that makes sense?

Soooo like yeah... just Boo's observation. :]

Well, since the following has nothing to do with the skeletons in his closet, I'll go ahead and put it out here.

Because the Kaitangata Riri are a small tribe, maybe two hundred total across several groups, many aspects of roles overlap. Hunters are also skilled in the preparation of meats as well as the gathering of herbs and edible plants, though not necessarily the cooking of it beyond bare basics. Similarly, the region he hails from is a rocky and somewhat mountainous terrain, meaning that his cables are not just weapons but a means of traversing the lands quickly and safely, even with pounds of meat or such on his back. In his tribe, he was a hunter, hence his skills and equipment, but, due to circumstances related to skeletons, he has been forced from his homeland and working with what he can find. His survivalism has kept him alive and this is an opportunity for him to do something about what forced him from his homeland.

As for the shamanic magics, it's very faith based and minour compared to an actual shaman. He can listen to the winds and waves, sometimes even speak with them, but calling up a hurricane is far beyond what he could ever do. He might be able to call up a blast of wind but don't count on it; it's more about communication and being in-tune with nature than anything else.

Now, we might have different ideas when it comes to what a sous chef means. For me, it means someone who assists in the preparation of the meal, usually by preparing the ingredients to be cooked and occasionally cooking them as well, fully or first stage. Under that schema, Seph is a sous chef since he is very capable of preparing meals and knows the basics of cooking; don't asking him to braise anything but if you ask him to make a broth, he's quite capable. As an aside, he doesn't use knives unless it's a huge cut of meat that can't be sliced by his claws; of course, some in the group may not like that he literally has his hands in every pot but that's character development.

As for being a Scout, he could definitely fulfill that role as well, helping in the kitchen on the off side. And if @AshenAngel feels as though that may be a better place, I'm perfectly fine with that, especially seeing as we happen to have a slot open there as well.

Here's the fae mechanic that's been bouncing around my head. 100% okay with pocketing him for another day if it doesn't work out. But I figured I'd throw him out there since we're getting close to starting. ^_^ (Have I mentioned I'me xcited yet?

Image is ... missing. :| I'll try to find something suitable later. (So far I got he's tall.) I'm currently working off the assumption that fae are somewhat like elves with pointy ears and all, but honestly ... what are they? XD

And the name is a bit obtuse. Let me know if that doesn't fit in the world, though. ^^

Name: Quennelidor "Brett" Rozorthrya
Species: Fae
Role: Mechanic
Personality: Brett is not like most faes. Where others are solitary, he appears to always be engaged and cheerful. He'll laugh at the stupidest of jokes, and generally seems to enjoy the company of other people. He wasn't always like this, but during his adolescent years, he spent a time being a contrarian. While he's grown past that stage of life, there are two things he kept from that time: a love for machines and other people. Although he no longer breaks the rules just because he can, he still has a healthy dose of skepticism and doesn't just follow blindly. And it's basically impossible for him to turn down a direct challenge.

Skills:
- hitting things with a wrench (to fix things or break 'em)
- jury-rigging
- vehicular maintenance
- making tiny mechanical contraptions (mostly critters)
- business sense
- rudimentary healing (can heal minor cuts and bruises, and can contribute magic toward healing worse injuries, but would need precise guidance from a medical professional or the patient is just as likely to end up with their foot attached and working ... but facing backwards "Hey they can stand up, and that'd be good enough for a machine to keep working...")

Strengths:
- independent thinker
- great listener
- sees the best in people
- team player

Weaknesses:
- thrill seeker
- not terribly organized
- skeptic

Last edited:
Well, since the following has nothing to do with the skeletons in his closet, I'll go ahead and put it out here.

Because the Kaitangata Riri are a small tribe, maybe two hundred total across several groups, many aspects of roles overlap. Hunters are also skilled in the preparation of meats as well as the gathering of herbs and edible plants, though not necessarily the cooking of it beyond bare basics. Similarly, the region he hails from is a rocky and somewhat mountainous terrain, meaning that his cables are not just weapons but a means of traversing the lands quickly and safely, even with pounds of meat or such on his back. In his tribe, he was a hunter, hence his skills and equipment, but, due to circumstances related to skeletons, he has been forced from his homeland and working with what he can find. His survivalism has kept him alive and this is an opportunity for him to do something about what forced him from his homeland.

As for the shamanic magics, it's very faith based and minour compared to an actual shaman. He can listen to the winds and waves, sometimes even speak with them, but calling up a hurricane is far beyond what he could ever do. He might be able to call up a blast of wind but don't count on it; it's more about communication and being in-tune with nature than anything else.

Now, we might have different ideas when it comes to what a sous chef means. For me, it means someone who assists in the preparation of the meal, usually by preparing the ingredients to be cooked and occasionally cooking them as well, fully or first stage. Under that schema, Seph is a sous chef since he is very capable of preparing meals and knows the basics of cooking; don't asking him to braise anything but if you ask him to make a broth, he's quite capable. As an aside, he doesn't use knives unless it's a huge cut of meat that can't be sliced by his claws; of course, some in the group may not like that he literally has his hands in every pot but that's character development.

As for being a Scout, he could definitely fulfill that role as well, helping in the kitchen on the off side. And if @AshenAngel feels as though that may be a better place, I'm perfectly fine with that, especially seeing as we happen to have a slot open there as well.
K soooo... that makes more sense. Thanks for write up^^ And yeah... I'd like him on Scout team too. But k soooo like there'll be an interaction stage IC'ly that will let us flesh out what's up anyways^^

Here's the fae mechanic that's been bouncing around my head. 100% okay with pocketing him for another day if it doesn't work out. But I figured I'd throw him out there since we're getting close to starting. ^_^ (Have I mentioned I'me xcited yet?

Image is ... missing. :| I'll try to find something suitable later. (So far I got he's tall.) I'm currently working off the assumption that fae are somewhat like elves with pointy ears and all, but honestly ... what are they? XD

And the name is a bit obtuse. Let me know if that doesn't fit in the world, though. ^^

Name: Quennelidor "Brett" Rozorthrya
Species: Fae
Role: Mechanic
Personality: Brett is not like most faes. Where others are solitary, he appears to always be engaged and cheerful. He'll laugh at the stupidest of jokes, and generally seems to enjoy the company of other people. He wasn't always like this, but during his adolescent years, he spent a time being a contrarian. While he's grown past that stage of life, there are two things he kept from that time: a love for machines and other people. Although he no longer breaks the rules just because he can, he still has a healthy dose of skepticism and doesn't just follow blindly.

Skills:
- hitting things with a wrench (to fix things or break 'em)
- jury-rigging
- making tiny mechanical contraptions (mostly critters)
- business sense
- rudimentary healing (can heal minor cuts and bruises, and can contribute magic toward healing worse injuries, but would need precise guidance from a medical professional or the patient is just as likely to end up with their foot attached and working ... but facing backwards "Hey they can stand up, and that'd be good enough for a machine to keep working...")

Strengths:
- independent thinker
- great listener
- sees the best in people
- team player

Weaknesses:
- thrill seeker
- not terribly organized
- skeptic
Ooooohhh~~!! Do I see an appie that needs a pic?! Need some help with that?! Do ya?! :333~~

K but so like Boo's brain is liking the potential interactions between this charrie and the other mech charrie too ;DD

Know what? I like the line up of charries^^ Like reeeeeeeally reeeeeeeeally like em ALL!!! Feels like when the crew of Star Trek was gathering and meeting for the first time. Should be fun fo'sho~~!!

Reactions: Yaoi Master Gavin
Hiiiiiiii

K so like Boo did some digging and there was a question asked about Fae in OoC here. Basically Ashen said that they were more elf-like leaning towards fairy, but with no wings. Soooo... taking that and the description in OP as tall, lanky and 6 to 7 feet tall... so maybe like what Petri had linked (on right!) crossed with this(on left!!)?

nymph_zpsjshgu2dd.gif

Oooo. Thanks for the references. ^__^ I absolutely will take help finding pics. xD

And YES, I'm super pumped to see how everyone gets along (or not). ^___^

Oooooooooooh... @Shavynel k check it:

This one is pretty coooolllss... with the brass detatchable hand thing, right...

db548adb59353d1bf8cd2a1ea68da369.jpg

But like face wise... especially that expression... seems more suited to your steampunk'd mech Fae^^

e4b080054f57d4aa477d4a934160a815.jpg

OOOOOOOH YAYUH!!! ....aaaaaaaaand here this is from err'body's favorite song...!!!
Eric%2BSaade%2B100212-0244_3.jpg

;PPPP~~

K but like it's about that time!! Oh yeeeeeeah! Its time to gets a bit lit with some Sushi Roll Call! Right here, right now!!!

@Boo Girlie BoomBoom
Havnna Las Cassandras ~'Vanna~Animal-Kin Scout
Carmina Las Cassandras ~'Mina~Animal-Kin Navigator

@Akaida Martins
Mason JOSTAR ~Human Cabin Manboy

@Cait

@Crono
Doctor Stillmor Ciggmain ~Human Medic
Myo ~Urdin Mechanic

@Periodically Incorrect ~?~

@Petricus Euryale
Erica Lanly ~Human Cartographer

@Pray4me
Soren Vilhjalmsson ~Human Chef

@Saralaxy ~?~

@Shavynel
Simon Carlisle ~Human Biologist
Quennelidor "Brett" Rozorthrya ~Fae Mechanic

@The Wanderer[/USER ][COLOR=#00ff00] ✔
[URL='https://www.iwakuroleplay.com/threads/a-matter-of-heart-and-soul-ooc.151690/page-4#post-3215870'][COLOR=#00ff00]Karl Tanner ~Human [FONT=georgia][B]Scout[/B][/FONT][/COLOR][/URL][/COLOR]

[USER=3929]@Yaoi Master Gavin

Seph Moonspear ~Animal-Kin Scout/Sous-Chef

@:Cosmic: [/USER]

Last edited:
Hey! Sorry that I'm late in responding. I've been without computer access for a little bit. I think I'm going to have to pass on this RP even though I love it so much. If you are still doing sign-ups in about two weeks, or have any open spots later on, please ping me! I would love to join but I can't right now since I wouldn't be able to make the commitment.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
Hey! Sorry that I'm late in responding. I've been without computer access for a little bit. I think I'm going to have to pass on this RP even though I love it so much. If you are still doing sign-ups in about two weeks, or have any open spots later on, please ping me! I would love to join but I can't right now since I wouldn't be able to make the commitment.
Yeah fo'sho^^ Good lucks with IRL stuffs k?

Thanks for the quick responses err'body^^

I'm getting pretty excited now too~~!!

Reactions: Petricus Euryale
Woooooooows!!! You guys are so responsive^^ Awesomes!! K so just like a few more to YO!!! us! But defo we gots enough to get it all started fo'sho!!^-^!!

Boo, no one EVER said Yo. xP

But for everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.