• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

How would you like to battle?

• Writing with Showdown

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Writing with Dice roll system

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Writing Only

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Showdown Only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first post will be an interlude post about leaving home.

My second post occurs during the first field trip.

Reactions: True North
Reactions: Takumi
@EternalInfinity I don't see your post when I look at the IC thread, just a blank space...

Edit: highlighting it made it readable, so that answers that I guess.

Last edited:
Guess it doesn't like it when I copy paste from Google Docs to Iwaku. Good to know. Thanks for letting me know.

I'll give the rest of you a chance to get your intros in before my next post :)
I'd like to continue by tonight though, so try and pop em in when possible.

So I just saw the banner for this and I had a couple of questions to ask.

1] Would it be alright to have Abra as a starter?
2] How much liberty do we have for character abilities?
3] It looks like you've tied in the canon info as well, so can there be stuff in the bio relating to canon characters as well?

Welcome :) Abra is quite strong for a starter, but you can have him on your team. What kind of abilities did you have in mind? Canon characters should be fine to mention, but there aren't any canon characters that exist in Kealu.

Well, I have an already made character who is Lucian's son and cousin to Sabrina so he has some minour psychic powers like basic telekinesis and telepathy with those he's emotionally close to. The Abra would have been hatched from an egg of Lucian's Alakazam so it could have a little combat capability.

Last edited:
I don't see a problem with some minor psychic powers.
Just don't go overboard and check with me about certain actions.
You could start out with him still trying to develop them at the beginning.
There are Psychic characters in the series, so why not?

Well, like I said, it's already pretty limited. It might get stronger as he ages but right now, his telekinesis is barely better than d20 Mage Hand and the telepathy would be hard pressed to happen to anybody in the RP that he doesn't already have an emotional connection to. So he's not going to be reading the minds of his opponents but he will probably be throwing pokeballs and doing tricks with his telekinesis because he does have a flair for the dramatic.

Welcome :) Abra is quite strong for a starter, but you can have him on your team. What kind of abilities did you have in mind? Canon characters should be fine to mention, but there aren't any canon characters that exist in Kealu.

Via regular level up and Egg moves, Abra cannot learn Special Attacks at all. Maybe make it so that Abra has trouble learning Special Attacks, that, by game mechanics, is TM-only?

That's quite acceptable then :) Maybe he could have Abra's egg to hatch a little later. @Yaoi Master Gavin
I see your point, but he is pretty fast in comparison to the others. @Crow

We could but I kinda like the idea of them growing up together and having an Ash/Pikachu relationship. Except Abra rides on his shoulders and naps with his head on MC's. I can see the sleep bubble now.

I'm having a little issue with my backstory. Like I recognize who Crux is and stuff, but I'm having a little trouble so I'm gonna ask some questions

1) What is the nature of training school again? Is it just for beginner trainers or for anyone about to get started on the Kealu trials?
2) How many pokemon are we allowed to start with? I mean are some of us going in with full teams or is it we go in with only a starter and a few others maybe?
3) If trainer school is for beginners why is everyone like 16 years old when pokemon training begins at like 11? Like I'm having trouble understanding why someone with 5 years training experience is going to a trainer school?

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, the academy isn't like a high school where the characters are forced to go and learn boring subjects. It's a place where the characters can willingly go to learn about the region and other useful things (like the lore) during their vacation. Primarily it is a starting place to meet the Professor and to receive their starters while also being introduced to some other important NPC's.
Something I stated earlier on in the interest check that you may not be aware of.

It's not a beginner's school, but can be. It's like a vacation school of sorts. And yes, they can go there to prepare for the future trials as well. You can begin with one pokémon from your history section only, and can get a starter (traditional, or non after approval) from the Professor in the RP if your character is a student.

Some trainers might just want to start over on a new journey while on vacation and are not exactly beginners. Some trainers may be starting late for some reason or another. And like I said, they mainly go because they want to learn about Kealu, not because they have to. It's called an Academy, not a trainers school anyway. There's multiple subjects to be learned there.

I haven't required anyone to be above the age of 10. They chose that on their own. Nessa is 14, because she's already been a trainer and is a Trial Captain as everyone should know. She's just going to start over to create a circus team for Lyle. @There's Tavros

Last edited:
Reactions: Takumi
Well I do like the idea of a psychic-in-training and would lead to some interesting situations.

And on the subject about Abra, while Abra can be pretty powerful for an non-traditional starter due to his high Special Attack and Speed, I see you want to have some kind of bond between your character and Abra. I think we can let him slide if either;

A) He doesn't fight, or has no interest in fighting for the time being
B) As Crow suggested, keep him to TM moves, which won't allow him to abuse his high Special Attack (at least until evolution)
C) Give him no moves and act like a mascot for the time being until he learns how to fight. We could throw in a teleport if you think it would be important for Abra. Just don't abuse it is all I ask.

If you have any questions or suggestions, let me know and I can try to help you more. @Yaoi Master Gavin

Status
Not open for further replies.