• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

How would you like to battle?

• Writing with Showdown

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Writing with Dice roll system

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Writing Only

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Showdown Only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay well, while I work on my CS I'd like to reserve the following evolution lines. I'm expecting to start with most of my Pokemon not-yet evolved, with maybe one or two evolved to take care of any power-discrepancies I may have as a bug type user. I'm not for sure if I'm able to request a legendary right now or not but I have it included :3

Volcarona-Line
Araquanid-Line
Vespiquen-Line
Heracross
Scizor-Line
Vikavolt-Line

Legendary:
Genesect

I'm going to have it where my character discovered an egg in his youth which hatched into a Larvesta which will server as a starter.

The team is fine, but I think it'd be best if you started with Grubbin based on it's stats.
You can still hatch Larvesta from an egg later on though. @There's Tavros

[BCOLOR=rgb(0, 0, 0)][/BCOLOR]
"I'm not a very 'flow like water' person, thank you very much."

Diana of Undina

Appearance:
She is about 1.5 metres tall and has a less-than-average, thin build and flat, curveless appearance. Her eyes are blue, much like the ocean. At the end of her thin legs are her bare feet. That's fancy for 'she doesn't wear shoes'.

Hometown:
Undina Archipelago

History:
The Undina Tribe of the Undina Archipelago. No one knows where it is. No one but those who live there. It is said that the Undina Tribe are graceful, elegant and beautiful. They are said to use Water-type Pokemon in a most skillful manner. The Undina Tribe was thought to be a myth, a legend recorded only in books.

You might change your mind when you see Diana. She looks beautiful, but this kid is anything but elegant, graceful or skillful. And she doesn't use Water-type Pokemon either.

Diana was raised to be graceful and elegant like the waters that filled the area. However, she didn't like the ways and felt that it suppressed her, preventing her from becoming stronger. The Undine tribe believed that elegance was key to victory, but Diana begged to differ as she swam away from home with her buddy Tynamo and two other Pokemon. She wanted to find her own way of battling.

She wanted to prove that she could do things her way, but can she?

So yes, she swam all the way from the mist-hidden Undina Archipelago to the tropical Kealu region, where she will find her match, unbound by tradition so that she can battle in the way she desires.

Personality:
Contrary to her graceful appearance, Diana is persistent and, as some may describe, grating. She is always working hard to get what she wants. Some say that she is a sore loser, and it isn't exactly false to say that she will never accept defeat with the way she is right now.

Diana is said to be stubborn in nature, and wants to believe that her way is the best way to go about matters.

Diana may act tough on the outside, but in reality, she just wants to be seen as strong and unmatched.

Diana enjoys battling, and more importantly, victory.
Diana treasures her partner Pokemon very well, and to some extent, any friends she might have. If you asked who she'd save if both were drowning, she'd choose her friends, because her Pokemon can't drown.
Diana loves to explore and is very adventurous. She prefers the waters to the lands, but all is well either way.

Dislikes:
Diana's primary dislikes are losing, being belittled or mocked, and other things that make her feel inferior.
Diana doesn't like the ways of the Undina Tribe, believing that they are suppressing her true potential as a Pokemon Trainer.

Strengths:
Having been raised in a secluded Archipelago, she knows her way around oceans and to some extent, the wilderness. She has a strong sense of direction and memory, and has difficulty getting lost or forgetting promises.
She is very tenacious and loves to explore. It takes a lot more than a battle or three to beat down on her confidence.

Weaknesses:
Due to being raised by tradition, Diana doesn't know how to use technology, like, at all. She'll probably touch a few buttons before something explodes. This extends to other stuff, such as percieving glass panels as 'magic' and other hijinks.
She is not the brightest bulb.

Fears:
Deep inside, she fears admitting defeat, and even moreso when she's forced to do it, especially by someone like her mother.
She is somewhat afraid of her mother, mainly because her mother has put her in her place before despite her having two Pokemon with a type advantage, but that is, in no way, a reason for her leaving home.

Starting Team:
602.gif

Tynamo | Tynamo | Female | Levitate
Tynamo is Diana's main partner and ace. She boasts about how it has no weaknesses. The bond between Diana and Tynamo is very strong. Tynamo is the first Pokemon she has ever had - essentially her Starter Pokemon.

686.gif

Inkay | Inkay | Male | Contrary
A cherished friend of Diana whom she relies on to slam some pretty underhanded tactics. Inkay is a reminder that Diana isn't fond of rules.

781.png

Dhelmise | Dhelmise | Gender Unknown | Steelworker
This old bum is very defiant and doesn't want to listen to Diana's commands, much to her dismay. A shame, for Dhelmise is her primary powerhouse. Dhelmise would rather spend its days sleeping than battling.

Possible Future Team Members:
691.gif

Dragalge

797.png

Celesteela

Other Information:
The Pokeballs she has appear to be made from some sort of stone.​

Last edited:
Reactions: EchoRun
I have story reasons to include both Tynamo and Inkay, both of which have power equal to or less than traditional starters, plus Dhelmise, based on description, won't be used unless emergency calls for it OR much later when anchor arms stops lazing around.

At first, everytime Diana is left with only Dhelmise, she'll just run off. Think Iris' Excadrill or Ash's Charizard. Powerhouse that lazes around because issues.

Since your character won't be a student like you said before, then I will allow you to start with two since everyone else can practically get two starters as well anyway (one from their history and one from the professor). As for Dhelmise, that is fine since it will be unusable until later. @Crow

Now that that's out of the way, I'd like for you to add a 'strengths and weaknesses' section. Let me know what Diana is talented at and what her weak points are (plus fears). I'd also like to know more about her interests/favorite things and hobbies (which can be added to the personality section). And finally, please put her picture in a spoili (because of the size) and I will review the character sheet again.

Last edited:
Much better :) I would like you to add at least one fear, and she'll be good to go.

• Thank You
Reactions: Machinaes
Diana is accepted :) @Crow

Announcement for Everyone
@EternalInfinity @Maxim @EchoRun @Crow @Machinaes @timv999 @There's Tavros @Takumi @Mami Tomoe
Poké Rides have been added to the 1st post of the OOC.They are summonded by Ride Pagers (like in the games) that MUST be earned before use. Poké Rides are optional, but are convenient uses for assignments and exploring.
Poké Rides

Sky & Sea (Visual) - Trainers use Gyarados to glide from each island, and to surf the seas in Kealu.
Dive & Fish (Visual) - Wishiwashi (School Form) is summoned for fishing and diving in the ocean to search underwater.
Charge & Smash (Visual) - Bouffalant allows trainers to storm through Kealu with ease and is like the Tauros of Alola.
Soar & Shove (Visual) - Golurk is an option for blasting through the skies like a rocket and for pushing obstacles on land.
Crash & Slide (Visual) - Steelix allows trainers to slide across the islands and to dig tunnels when necessary.

*Poké Rides are for travelling ONLY & these Pokémon will NOT obey for battling under any circumstance*
(Gyarados is able to fly in the manga so we're going with it :P)

Last edited:
Reactions: Takumi
Poké Rides are optional, but are convenient uses for assignments and exploring.

Well, thank god Diana can just swim around and probably dive deep too.

I imagine her using a Pager would be pain.

Well there's Steelix's digging and if her Tynamo hasn't evolved by then, Golurk's strength. She'll definitely have to use those.

Reactions: True North
Good afternoon everyone ^ ^

Can't wait to start this RP.

Also happy new year all.

Reactions: True North
2017 is nearly here! Let's see what this year has to offer (:
- The rules section has also been added to the 1st post

Reactions: Mami Tomoe
For those who haven't completed their CS yet. I recommend getting it done today if possible. 2017 is going to bring a surprise to you all on its first day so get it in as soon as possible.

I am literally an hour and a half away from my laptop and CS;-;

For those who haven't completed their CS yet. I recommend getting it done today if possible. 2017 is going to bring a surprise to you all on its first day so get it in as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.