• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

How would you like to battle?

• Writing with Showdown

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Writing with Dice roll system

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Writing Only

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Showdown Only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I have a question I have yet to see answered - does everyone have to be a trainer taking on the league? I read the diverse sheets but I'm not sure if that answers my question. Or can they be more like tag alongs that interact and support everyone, but have their own pursuit? I was thinking of something different for my character, specifically a battle tournament/league host/commentator or something like that, but it wouldn't affect the story in any way nor would I try to have her own plot line, she'd just tag along with everyone else and it'd all be relevant to her pursuits somehow. Not sure if that's plausible, let me know as I'm nearly done, I just can't finish the history without knowing for sure my limits. And if anyone has better suggestions please say so(:

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOVE your new avatar. Now, yes your character can aspire to be anything you want really. Your character doesn't have to be a trainer who battles. Mine doesn't really. I think the commentator thing is something different, so I like it. Some other professions might be for him/her to be an archeologist, astronomer, etc.

• Love
Reactions: mango
I would like to make an apology. I wanted my character to look around and get ideas to what to say to the group next, but I accidentally used one of True Self's NPC without permission, even if it was for one sentence. And I apologize for it.

Anyways if you are and were going to the professor on your next post, don't. We want everyone to stick together AS A GROUP (expect Crow's character at this time) before they get their pokemon from the professor. This is a recent change from True Self because we didn't want to cause any more waiting.

@Yaoi Master Gavin, sorry to make you do this, but I need you to edit the post so that you're meeting with the group rather than getting a pokemon from the professor because of the change.

No worries. I should've came to you sooner about the situation.
I want to keep everyone organized for now until we get the adventure rolling

Everyone will have a chance at snagging a starter in their next post after I am able to post again.

You don't necessarily have to meet with the group in the post, unless Kaiten wants to @Yaoi Master Gavin
I'd just like for him to be in the general vicinity until my next post, so that he won't miss everything.

Reactions: mango and Takumi
Hey guys,

Just let the Professor know which pokémon your character wants and I'll have him hand them out in my following post. I was going to have him give them in my latest one, but the post was getting lengthy and some other factors got in the way.

The holograms will be animated btw, which will display different moves that the Pokémon know. A Pokédex entry is visible in the info provided on the table as well as it's gender, move-set, and type.

If the majority of you would like for me to edit in where the professor gives them a Pokémon in my current post then that works too. However, I know one who would prefer to wait since they've already posted. Lemme know

Last edited:
Reactions: Takumi
Alright, I'll be getting a post up tonight fi I get the chance.

Reactions: True North
Ooookay, finally finished! If there are any issues I'll change whatever just say so (: But if not I'll get my post in as soon as I get the okay, I added some stuff sorely to fill out the background but can water down whatever is necessary.

As for my team, I never picked a sixth and would like to remove Jangmo-o if that's allowed. The others will stay till I figure out what would best suit my OC. (:

large.jpg

MELELANI "LANI" ONAONA

BIRTHPLACE

Okalae village, Ichiki, Kealu.

APPEARANCE

Despite her age (16) and height (5'8), Lani's dainty frame only weighs about 110 lbs; she does have a (extremely slim) figure, notable features being her long legs and fingers meant for the piano. Beneath her thick lashes are dark brown irises, speckled with amber; her brows are groomed a bit thin, lips medium-fill and blush colored against her fair skin. Her long, fine hair is (color). Her face/body is spotted with the occasional chocolate freckle, with a splatter of faint freckles across her cheeks. Above her mouth, to the left at the corner of her lips, is a prominent beauty mark. Her only notable islander features are her nose, which has a bit of an exotic distinction, and her eyes which are quite large and native; she is odd for having the lightest skin in the village, though that's due to her being half islander.

PERSONALITY

Melelani is a perplexing individual, insufferably finicky, but earthy enough to be described as a breath of fresh air. She often garners the response "but that doesn't make sense" and while most of what she does is truly unconventional, more often than not, she finds a way to make it work. Her voice is soft, words riddled with insightful responses and unique vocabulary; you can always learn something Melelani, though it's typically her dislikes (of which there are many) that people find out the soonest. Her oddball nature can really be taken any way, and garners her as much trouble as it does favor-ability - some love her, and some think she's just a bumbling skinny thing. She is obviously kind hearted, though easily turned off; generous by nature, and enjoys sharing what she has.

Being tucked away from the world, soft chimes, earthy remnants (such as the cave crystals and riptide shells), pink sand, mornings, orchids, sharing, making diy gifts with stuff she finds.

DISLIKES

Overcrowded areas, a lot of attention, low/negative vibrations, coffee, being mistaken for air headedness, intimate encounters, spicy foods, grapefruit, rejection, idle time, being indoors very long, oranguru, elders,

FEARS

Drowning (To a lesser extent, swimming)
Losing her voice, as her music is all she really has.
Rejection, which she has faced many times but naively seems to rebound from and try again.

ASPIRATIONS

Aside from exploring the depths of the sea caverns to find what she once saw, and perhaps taking on more instruments? Nothing, at the moment.

TALENTS

Has an unusual, somewhat trance inducing singing voice tuned to an odd frequency that resonates with animals, specifically marine life. Her music is unconventional, some describe it as haunting, while others that're more spiritual believe it to have healing properties - some say it's the lost tribal music, others think it's off key and a bit uncomfortable. But it garners everyone's attention whether they like it or not, and the sounds have become familiar within the community, could have been a local tradition if she hadn't been enrolled in the Academy.

(Also a habit) Often practices to play piano (accurately finding the keys) on table surfaces, in the air, etc.

Decent if not better at other forms of art, specifically watercolor and charcoal.

Novice gardener.

Can actually hula quite well, but has zero confidence in that ability so it's something only vibrava and her mother have witnessed.

STRENGTHS

Creative Intellectual
, abstract thinker and improviser. In many ways and is quick to hone to new outlets be it musically, physical art, etc. Has always been inclined, inherited much skill from her mother, a well known artist on Ichiki.

Courageous, if she's curious, could also be described as stubborn.

Clear spoken, communicative, persuasive. Can make light of serious situations, and sweet talk her way out of (most) trouble, though her naivety can lead others to mistake her for insensitive, or air headed.

Others would call it pure luck while lost, but she always seems to find her way, literally and metaphorically speaking, with a natural sense of direction.

She'll help out even when she didn't have enough for herself, this generosity and kindness can also be seen as a weakness, however, as it's easy to take advantage of if she's comfortable with you.

WEAKNESSES

Defeatist
and easily discouraged.
Fragile, easily bruised/scarred/bleeds.
Socially naive, she's quick to fall for stories and is often too honest/open.
Likes to take detours, to wander off on her own without a word and generally just get lost due to curiosity.
No sense of time.

HISTORY

Born in the village of Okalae, descendant of a well respected tribal bloodline though she, herself, was an outcast at birth for being only half; most of the family never really accepted her, demanding she sit at the far end of tables and shunning her lack of traditional mannerisms. This is a rejection she always seemed to recover from, but also endured enough to make it something she fears often. She has an immense disdain (and near fear) of oranguru, as the elders of her family would purposefully have their own keep an eye on her, enforcing their disciplines like not playing with the other kids, doing extra chores and putting together their food. They constantly watched her, and she recalls their "heavy glares" as she sat in the wrong chair at the dining table, which would weigh on her until she moved or left the kitchen entirely.

Since the beginning, Lani's been a misunderstood creative soul, either using the same talents as her artist mother to craft, explore new artistic outlets, or as she's become a little known for, singing. In her much younger years, her mother (as well as older cousins) was a well known and exquisite dancer, a grace and elegance Lani is convinced she doesn't have though on the contrary, she picked up from her mother's later year teachings and could be just as successful if she'd only practice (sometimes she does, when she's alone).

Though well acquainted with animals, be it the domestics or that which inhabited their village, she was not a battler at a young age and never received her license; as the others left early for journeys, trials or other dreams, she stayed home mostly, only really starting to explore when some cousins moved in. She was never antisocial, in fact quite the opposite, though via her personal experiences she would argue that she's had better conversations with rocks than people. While the rest were typically surfing, traveling or battling, Lani half heartedly took up gardening with her mother, only ever wanting to plant orchids, and failing quite often with her own side of the garden for she didn't have the heart to shoo the yungoos or zigzagoon off and instead kept feeding them all their vegetables. It was here that she had become acquainted with a trapinch, which went to great lengths with it's slow nature to come to the garden for it's favored snacks. It was a frequent visitor and friend of Lani's until her cousins scared it off trying to catch it, to her dismay it never returned.

Her earliest memory of (a not so pleasant) real adventure was when her older cousins had been tasked with watching her (to their dismay) though instead of staying within the village, they took her down to the sea caverns to meet up with their friends. The drive was dangerous, especially when the road broke off and the group had to go on foot - Lani was entirely oblivious to the dangers, allowing them to turn the trek into a game of who could be quiet the longest on the way down to the shoreline. The truth was, the area belonged to the dragons - the boys knew better, keeping as far from the heart of the territories as they could on their way down. The village was well acquainted with pain of loss, be it from the disappearances of brave trainers that weren't prepared for the strengths above, or the unproven tales of local spirits being the lost souls of those who were lost to 'dragons'.

Foolishly they let the child come with them into open waters. It was not long before they got distracted, letting their grip on her loosen up for a mere moment, just long enough for a rush of water to come in and snatch her from their grasp, abruptly thrusting her into the deep, open waters. Incredible distance was put between them, teenagers flailed in fear that her death would be on their heads and little Lani herself was already choking - the struggle lasted much longer in her mind than it truly did, however, which explains her modern day fear of being submerged in water - she will always opt out of swimming. After a few seemingly hopeless moments she'd found herself perched on the back of what she'd later come to identify as a Lapras. The creature seemed to greet her with a kind gaze over the shell, watching curiously as the girl sputtered and choked, attempting to rid her innards of all the salt water and simultaneously make sense of what was going on. Her cousins watched on in awe as the little girl drifted on the back of the sea creature, of which perked its head and began to emit haunting yet beautiful cries that shushed the crashing waves and were soon met with many more - Melelani soon found herself surrounded by the 'big blue turtles' as she called them, of which joined in a song that was tuned to a frequency non of them had heard before, though it resonated with the soul. Being the curious child she was, after regaining her composure and boldly clinging onto the neck of the Lapras, she too began to mimic their sounds, which earned a reaction she'd describe today as acceptance. The indescribable moment lasted for just that, before she was taken back to the shoreline, dropped off and for a few months she wasn't allowed anywhere near the waters (or her cousins for that matter) after her mother learned of what had happened.

Time passed, however, and Mele found herself adventuring back out to those same sea caves, and every time since she'd been greeted by some school of marine life, seemingly teaching her new songs and responding positively to her own voice. Years passed and she found herself amateurishly playing first the piano, and then the guitar, far from capable of producing a proper song, but able to tune the strings and chords to that same frequency and get a greater reaction not only sea side, but from the local hives, compromised of diverse bug types, all of which seemed to want to introduce her to their music as well, be it with the vibration of their wings, or their own chirps and clicks. Through her own music, played at home and emitted from her window, she attracted a familiar spirit back (the former trapinch), though it's now a young and bumbling dragonfly known as vibrava, of which began to stick around again, and is seen always attempting to collaborate with her own frequencies though it's ultrasonic waves have created far more headaches than music

Melelani dedicated many months to hanging around those sea caves, to her mother's dismay, and while she's honed her skills the girl has gotten hurt on several occasions, be it attacked by wild animals, slicing herself on the rocks, or nearly freezing herself in the rain much too stubborn to leave. She finally lost her privileges to venture out there when she wandered into an off limits cave and went missing for nearly three days. No one believes her, but she swears to have been led in there by an animal she'd never before, which sang beautifully and seemed to be trying to show her something, reaching an even more unique frequency of which Lani has always wished she could mimic, but can't seem to find the strings for it. The vibrava was there and remembers it as well, but even together, no one was convinced.

PRESENT LIFE

Melelani was enrolled in an Academy some family attended, so her mother didn't have to worry about her venturing off anymore. The news was rather devastating, first meeting the girl's irrefutable refusal before she found her things packed for her, and was on the first boat up to Leiluahu.

Reactions: Takumi
If you changed your mind about Jangmo-o then that's ok. For some reason I can't see the text for your Cs? (Only can see the visual) Might need to change the words to the default color option.

edit - Maybe it was just on my phone.

Last edited:
If you changed your mind about Jangmo-o then that's ok. For some reason I can't see the text for your Cs? (Only can see the visual) Might need to change the words to the default color option.

edit - Maybe it was just on my phone.

The same is for me too

Oh shoot I'm sorry I just wanted to have it organized. I'll edit that asap.

omg hey guys I am so so sorry. Can I still make my character? How far in are you guys?

You're accepted @Lutalica Very nice CS.

As for @timv999, you've had a week or so to get a CS in since you last responded and we haven't heard from you in some time. Me and True Self discussed about this and we're willing to give you another chance on to making a CS, since we have one more slot open and you seem genuine sorry about it too. I just ask that you be more active and respondent to us on Iwaku for the time being. To me, if someone doesn't respond in a OOC or IC in about a week, it shows that they don't have any interest in the RP. So don't worry about it and get in your CS ASAP.

As for how far we got, we've gotten our first assignment and our currently getting our starter Pokemon from the professor.

You're accepted @Lutalica Very nice CS.

As for @timv999, you've had a week or so to get a CS in since you last responded and we haven't heard from you in some time. Me and True Self discussed about this and we're willing to give you another chance on to making a CS, since we have one more slot open and you seem genuine sorry about it too. I just ask that you be more active and respondent to us on Iwaku for the time being. To me, if someone doesn't respond in a OOC or IC in about a week, it shows that they don't have any interest in the RP. So don't worry about it and get in your CS ASAP.

As for how far we got, we've gotten our first assignment and our currently getting our starter Pokemon from the professor.
Thank you so Much ill get it up ASAP

Reactions: True North
I could see it on my laptop fine before you changed it (but it's good now regardless) @Lutalica I've been on campus all day, so I wasn't able to give your Cs my full undivided attention. But anywho, welcome aboard ^ ^ I'm heading home and I will hopefully finish my post if I don't fall asleep. It's one of those nights where I'm just ready to hop in bed, so we'll see. I'll be waiting for your intro :)

• Thank You
Reactions: mango
Jimmy Rowan

teen.png

Birthplace: Kanto

Personality:
Jimmy is a nice, funny, athletic kid. He is kind most of the time but if you get on his bad side you will know it. He is very protective of people he cares about. He will do almost anything for them. He is a very driven person and wants to fulfill his dreams.

Jimmy enjoys exercising outside . Jimmy loves to eat very good food especially very good meat. He is usually wearing jean or shorts with either t-shirts or jackets and sneakers

Fears: Failing as a trainer. Letting down the people he cares for. Losing the people he cares for.
Hobbies: Playing sports. Playing video games, Surfing, Going to the beach. Exploring the pokemon world.

Strengths and Weaknesses:

When it comes to his strengths, Jimmy is very athletic. He is strong and fast for his age. He is very skilled with his pokemon people calling him a natural pokemon trainer.

In terms of weakness, Jimmy can be way too confident of his own skills. Believing that he can do just about anything when it comes to athletics or pokemon training and battling. He doesn't always think things through all the way, sometimes he will just do things with out thinking. He can also sometimes get too emotional about things which also cloud his judgement.

History and Present Life:

Jimmy was born in Viridian City in Kanto. His father was the gym leader in Viridian and was a very successful one. Jimmy grew up around pokemon his entire life and became a natural with them. Jimmy loved pokemon and being around them and decided that he wanted to follow in his fathers footsteps and be a trainer. He quickly learned what it meant to be a trainer and how to train pokemon from his father. Eventually after being the leader of the gym for a long time his father decided to retire and let one of his pupils take over. His parents decided to move their family to All as they had enough money and wanted to live in Paradise and live a relaxing life. Watching his father made Jimmy want to become a trainer. When he was little his father took him out into the woods all the time to catch pokemon. This made Jimmy want to become a trainer like his father.

This is now where Jimmy and his family live as Jimmy is getting ready to set off on his own pokemon journey like his father did before him.

Team:
Charmander- Charizard
Gastly- Gengar
Lucario
Dratini- Dragonite
Magickarp- Gyrados
Pupitar- Tyranitar

Lengendary:
Entei

Last edited:
@timv999 Some things I need you to do:

1) First of all, Birthplace is telling me your character was born on Kantos rather than Kanto. Not sure if that was a spelling mistake or not. If so, fix it or let me know.

2) I would like you to add fears, more weaknesses, dislikes, and perhaps some more hobbies to your character, just to get to know your characters more.

3) Add a bit of depth to your CS. Go ahead and try to throw in an event or two that helped Jimmy wanting to go on a pokemon journey and his fears if you want to.

4) Regarding your Reserve List, while you did reserve Abra before, you never did post the CS til now. And since Yaoi posted his CS before you, he got to reserve Abra officially (which is why people need to take the "First come, first serve" saying more seriously here) You can ask Yaoi and see if he would be fine with you doubling Abra, either that or find another pokemon to reserve.

If you have any other questions, let me know here.

@EternalInfinity Thanks! (:

@True Self Takumi said they were having issues too, so I just thought eh, I can go without a border for once, haha. Hope you got some rest! Writing it up now, will be posting within this afternoon if life doesn't send any curve balls.

@EternalInfinity ok I changed Abra to Gastly. I added few more weaknesses. And added another reason why he wanted to be a trainer. Sorry I'm much better at actual role plays then the character sheet. I hope this is okay now and I can begin this!

Status
Not open for further replies.