• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!

How would you like to battle?

• Writing with Showdown

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Writing with Dice roll system

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Writing Only

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Showdown Only

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I stated earlier on in the interest check that you may not be aware of.

It's not a beginner's school, but can be. It's like a vacation school of sorts. And yes, they can go there to prepare for the future trials as well. You can begin with one pokémon from your history section only, and can get a starter (traditional, or non after approval) from the Professor in the RP if your character is a student.

Some trainers might just want to start over on a new journey while on vacation and are not exactly beginners. Some trainers may be starting late for some reason or another. And like I said, they mainly go because they want to learn about Kealu, not because they have to. It's called an Academy, not a trainers school anyway. There's multiple subjects to be learned there.

I haven't required anyone to be above the age of 10. They chose that on their own. Nessa is 14, because she's already been a trainer and is a Trial Captain as everyone should know. She's just going to start over to create a circus team for Lyle. @There's Tavros

That clears up so much ;-;

Okay 2 more questions

1) If I get a starter from a Kealu professor, can I have Larvesta from my backstory? If not, can he at least arrive to Alola with the egg? Larvesta's stats are only slightly better than most starters and given how long it takes to evolve it's not really much of an advantage :U (plus it's a bug type)
2) Does a Fallers "fall" have to be referenced in their history or can it be roleplayed?

Reactions: True North
1. Larvesta is fine to begin with since he does take awhile to evolve.
2. How they fell can be revealed in a flashback or roleplayed if you like.
That's how Nessa's might be done if I decide to make her a Faller too.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: MagusOfTheScales
And with that post, I won't be posting until after the start of the first Field Trip.

Well, having gathered some more info, I think I'll go with a combination of not having him fight at the start, instead using a starter from the trainer's school until such time as Abra displays some egg/TM moves courtesy of his parents.

Hiiii. Is this still open or? Double checking, I think I'm too late, but if not nudge me. (:

Yes, spots are available again. At this point, it's first come first serve. Some who have expressed interest have had more than enough time to get a character sheet and intro in. Go ahead and submit a reserve list and get a CS in really soon :) @Lutalica

Reactions: mango
Name: Kaiten Amaya

Appearance:

Kaiten has longish red hair and purple eyes with a slender frame. He prefers to wear a hoodie at all times, even in summer and usually wears jeans and sneakers along with it. His pack generally has a book or two in it and he tends to read that along the way, sending them home as he enters town and waiting for the next one to be sent from home.

Birthplace: Sinnoh

Personality: Kaiten often sees himself as older than he is, mostly because he's usually far more well-read than most. However, he does show a more immature side, often squeeing when something he finds amazing happens. He has a deep respect for both his and other's pokemon and is more than willing to do what he can to help them. There is also a bit of a flair for the dramatic for him, brought on by the fact that he has psychic powers and he wants to use them to show off. Just a bit.

He has an innate curiosity and adventurous spirit that has gotten him into places he shouldn't be, especially after he and Abra were brought together and teleporting out of trouble was an option. Abra tends to sit on his shoulders with it's head on top of Kaiten's hair which, for all of it's natural straightness, turns into a mess when the psychic-type moves.

Strengths and Weaknesses:
Short-Range Telepathy - only with those he has bonded closely with and only in a range of about 60 ft.
Telekinesis - strong enough to throw pokeballs and levitate items weighing up to 10 lbs.
That really annoying ability to get into places you probably shouldn't be and could get into trouble for doing so but somehow a meddling kid always does it.
Though he's a great runner and has good stamina, he does his best to stay out of physical altercations since he knows he could do anything. He's not too shabby at free running and stealth either.
His psychic powers are still growing; sometimes they act up and other times, weird things can happen.
He and Abra converse almost completely telepathically, so others will probably be out of the loop fairly often.
He fears being treated like he's younger than his actual age and, to a lesser extent, treated like he isn't as old as he believes he is mentally. Treating him like he's just some idiot kid is the worst thing to do to him.

History and Present Life:
Kaiten is the son of Sinnoh Elite Four member Lucian and the cousin of Kanto Gym Leader Sabrina through his mother. Despite being loved by both parents, growing up was difficult, mostly because of Lucian's responsibilities as a member of the Elite Four. Most of the time, it seemed like he never saw his father and as a result bonded more with his mother and the pokemon around him.

Like his father, he had an affinity for psychic types but it ran even deeper than that - he himself was psychic. Not to the extent of his cousin Sabrina by any stretch, or even his uncle but he had telekinesis and a very limited telepathy. Like his father though, he had a love for reading and it was with books, pokemon, and psychic powers that his childhood was founded on.

Growing older, he came into his powers more and more: he could telepathically communicate to those he had a close bond to and his telekinesis was powerful enough to toss pokeballs. Such was it that he was able to communicate with the Espeon that was the fourth member of their family who in her own ways, helped Kaiten develop his psychic powers even more.

On his tenth birthday, he was surprised to find his father at home waiting for him when he awoke. As Lucian began the talk that all parents eventually have with their children, Kaiten listened eagerly, squeeing with delight when his father gave him the pokeball that held his first pokemon: an Abra, the offspring of Lucian's own Alakazam and bred specially for Kaiten. The two bonded almost instantly, a telepathic flow opening between the two of them in only a short while. Only feelings at first, but it grew stronger until the two were conversing entirely by telepathy.

However, Kaiten had within him his father's desire for adventure and it could not be sated by reading of others'. Unfortunately for him, Sinnoh didn't hold too much of interest for him - he had read about so much that there was little to be said for new and exciting. This lead him to discover the Kealu Region and it's wealth of unwritten information. Or at least not widely distributed.

Reserve List:
Abra -> Alakazam
Litten -> Incineroar
Honedge -> Aegislash
Gible -> Garchomp
Mareep -> Ampharos
Clauncher -> Clawitzer

Legendary -> Hoopa

I feel like he's gonna be full of fire and sass.

Last edited:
Reactions: Takumi
If I missed my spot I'm gunna die but here's my reservations and my Cs is about done, have to charge my laptop right now though!

1. Froakie (>Frogadier, Greninja)
2. Vibrava (>Flygon)
4. Aerodactyl
5. Fomantis

(Legend) Suicune

I'll change whatever I need to.

Last edited by a moderator:
As much as I wanted to do this looks like it's going to be a nvm. StRting a new job soon.

That's fine, you're welcome to go on a waiting list if you want or you can join if you change your mind and feel you can handle it. There is one spot still left after Lutalica gets a CS in. @There's Tavros

Kaiten is accepted :) I'd just like you to add a fear of his. Try to get a intro in soon.
We'll be proceeding with the IC today. @Yaoi Master Gavin

I know that Takumi wants Pikachu as well, but she might not evolve it or she might want the Alolan Raichu. If you just want the original Raichu then I'm sure she'll be fine with having doubles - unless you both want the original Raichu or you both want Raichu-A. @Lutalica

Just discuss it here, and decide what you guys want to do.
If you both want the same evolution then that's fine. @Takumi

EDIT: Btw, you can reserve a 6th non-legendary for your team. @Lutalica

Last edited:
Reactions: mango
So just to clarify, True Self's last post was focused on everyone currently (or upcoming) at the ceremony and that you can jump in at anytime. Also a suggestion for @Takumi and @EchoRun, since the two of you aren't currently talking with the group in the RP, maybe the two of you can talk and get your pokemon together or you can join in with the gang next post. Up to you.

I'm not evolving the Pikachu. I just can't here like I just can't in my Pokemon Sun copy due to cuteness. ;-;

Edit: also cause when I think of Pikachu, I think of Pikanium Z and it's just adorable.

Last edited:
Alright, I'll update when I get into work and have a chance and then makes a post.

Alright, post is up. It's not great, but I need to go to bed. Meeting family tomorrow and whatnot. I'll do a bit of editing once I have the chance, but nothing major

That's fine, you're welcome to go on a waiting list if you want or you can join if you change your mind and feel you can handle it. There is one spot still left after Lutalica gets a CS in. @There's Tavros

Kaiten is accepted :) I'd just like you to add a fear of his. Try to get a intro in soon.
We'll be proceeding with the IC today. @Yaoi Master Gavin

I know that Takumi wants Pikachu as well, but she might not evolve it or she might want the Alolan Raichu. If you just want the original Raichu then I'm sure she'll be fine with having doubles - unless you both want the original Raichu or you both want Raichu-A. @Lutalica

Just discuss it here, and decide what you guys want to do.
If you both want the same evolution then that's fine. @Takumi

EDIT: Btw, you can reserve a 6th non-legendary for your team. @Lutalica
Thanks so much! I will add that sixth when I figure out what it should be, haha. Working now, I'll be done soon!

@Takumi I know what you mean, Pikachu is a doll. I just wanna try something new. xD Two Pikachus usually make for a lot of fun, though!

Great, now Kaiten has a chance to be Carrie. If someone dumps a bucket of blood on him at the prom, it's crash and burn time.

Diana's just going to shove her face with Clawitzer at the buffet table if there is.

Status
Not open for further replies.