Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted a bit more of a clearer setting. I think this will be the last cycle before @Grothnor's arc. More than likely. So feel free to do a 'one week' time span in your posts.

Next cycle is on Tuesday the 5th (leaning towards Wednesday though)

Alsooo, I realized the new pirate ship doesn't have an 'official' name (like the Coral Pearl did) sooo any suggestions before I choose one??

Last edited:
"We won this in Sabbaku" isn't very setting appropriate, is it?

Merchant Ship Number 7

I feel like I should have saw this coming. WELL I'll take these suggestions and put them in the bin for....consideration. Yes, consideration.

Also, in honor of April Fool's Day or April 1st if you don't participate in it, like myself.

It sounds like a play of Yue and Oasis if I'm pronouncing that right. Which is basically moon paradise. Which is also completely on a tangent from the original point. Which is also my specialty.

In all seriousness, I'd go and say one usually names one's ship after something close to one's heart. Past love, yearning burning in one's soul, let's say? Does Runali has something like that?

Past love
Hoo boy so once upon a time she found a person washed up on the shores of her home island-

Ha, nah. Her life of love is either nonexistent or a mystery. Haven't decided yet. Go figure.

yearning burning in one's soul
Oh getting into the deeper dimensions that is the captain.

Don't ask why it prompted this-
1zvdbus.png

Lies I think I made that like months ago out of boredom.

Let's seeeee, Captain's driving force, "yearning desire", whatever you want to call it, has been flip floppy since she started her pirating. Pirating was in fact more of an 'on a whim' ordeal because she thought exploring would be more fun with a group.

But I think after making her a more 3 dimensional pc, a recurring driving force for her is to essentially, "Be somebody". Having a fairly stagnant lifestyle prompted that bit. So (without rambling too much), something along the lines of doing something that puts her name in history. But now that she has a crew, she's also learned that another driving force is to help them get to their goals whatever they may be- but that's just sentimental stuff etc etc.

Hmmm that is a toughie...Arcadius is right time to put serious hats on.

Also I mess with people 364 days of a week minus leap years, April's fools is my day off.

Welp, let's start with something direct and easy, then. How about "Legend" for a name?

Tattered Phoenix

I MEAN--

I had a short list of names. The "sentimental value" of the names may be questionable because I wasn't thinking about it at the time. But, uh, the only one I kept was Golden Saber.

But I'll think of another list.

Edit: that's a good one Mizos - ya ninja'd me but well worth it

Reactions: Mizos
I just realized that probably wasn't simple my bad Arcadius.

Nah nah let's make a list, put Golden Saber in there. A roundtable discussion of a name sounds fun. Throw Holy Grail in there for the shiggles.

Whoop, round table time!

1. Legend
  2. Tattered Phoenix
  3. Golden Saber
  4. Holy Grail
  5. Ocean's Curse
  6. Something about Reckoning maybe
  7. North Star (I was watching Fist of the North Star so that happened)
  8. Something with Seeker (-slides Legend in front of it maybe-)
  9. Lady Luck
  10. ???
  11. ????
  12. ?????
Add if you dare

I mean if we're bringing up Fist of the North Star.

IrfwHN9.jpg

Also yay list time, Imma try and think of some more later. Right now I gotta make up for missing the last cycle.

Reactions: Capt. Blu
"Will of Destiny", perhaps? And naturally something like Stormbreaker, or Stormreaver, or somesuch.

Edit: And "Goddamn Batman". Not that it is a good name for a ship, but we all should always have a choice to answer any query with "Goddamn Batman".

Edit to edit: How about just "Lady", or "The Lady"?

Last edited by a moderator:
Anything with Storm is funny due to the previous incident, I love it.

Oh what about Willbreaker or something, mix of Will and Stormbreaker from above.

Edit: I'm game for the Batman. If we go with lady we got a mess of Lass to work with. Long as the ship doesn't sound like a tavern name.

Last edited:
I am more upset that I laughed at this than its creation.

EDIT: G O D I REALIZED I DIDN'T REFRESH AND PL EASE

Edit: And "Goddamn Batman". Not that it is a good name for a ship, but we all should always have a choice to answer any query with "Goddamn Batman".
Running gag that it's a pirate swear. No one knows the origin. No one knows what a Batman is.

But then again navy Batman probably exists.

Anything with Storm is funny due to the previous incident, I love it.
Lovin' that irony I agree.

Will of Destiny is good too... Or even Willbreaker

But it probably doesn't help if I say all of them are really good.

@Winter, @CrossJustX, @Grothnor whaddya think??

Edit: Kadi's gonna punch Luro or something of that nature. (Out of true brotherly love obviously)
Edit: I actually redact that because Alicia's already got first dibs and is usually first in line. And maybe Satia.

Last edited:
Luro will be punished for his poor manners.

Edit: Also, "Kevin of Destiny". No way Will hogs all the fame.

Reactions: Capt. Blu
Status
Not open for further replies.