Status
Not open for further replies.
So, we're waiting for @Winter to do her thing?

On another note, @Capt. Blu didjya catch Samrai Jack? :D
Aye aye to the first thing-

AND OF COURSE to the second! I loved how (without giving spoilers to those who haven't seen it) they kept it classic but you can most definitely tell that it's meant to stay on adult swim. Those action scenes + music in general??? On point. There was a whole lotta joy hearing that theme song play at the end too.

There was a whole lot to love okay. Samurai Jack is great.

Yeah, I was worried when they said 'it's gonna be darker' that it would be a dramatic, tone-breaking shift, but they pulled it off. The show and the character were darker, but they were still Samurai Jack.

Nah, I had faith. It was great on Adult Swim when it was first aired but then they toned it down. If it was getting a reboot on cartoon network then I would have been worried.

I'm constructing the post. It's a big one since I need to include what Alicia has been up to for the last 'X' amount of pages.

Well, Jack starts with "35 minutes ago". There's, I suppose, Apocalypse Now dark, and then there's that kind of dark.

Aw man, the video doesn't work for me

It's a clip from Watchmen, by the end when Veidt tells what he has already done 35 minutes ago.

As a sidenote, I wonder... this RP has been moving along at a decent pace for the past three-ish years. Every other thing I joined on Iwaku had died within three months. I want to ask, what are we doing so right? How come we are so resilient against quick slides into hiatus?

Reactions: Capt. Blu
It's a clip from Watchmen, by the end when Veidt tells what he has already done 35 minutes ago.
Oh! I know that clip. I gotcha I gotcha

I want to ask, what are we doing so right? How come we are so resilient against quick slides into hiatus?
Oh man, well let me tell you-

I have absolutely no idea.

Haha, every time I think about it I still go, "Wow this RP is still going." Grant it, we've lost some people along the way and it did go into a few months (how long?) of hiatus, but I'm pretty sure had it not, things would have still continued. I don't do anything special as a GM??? And when it first started (as I make you guys well aware) it was my first time being a GM. Lucky break??

So to be honest, I'm asking those same questions. What made you guys stick it through?

Funny enough, yesterday I read through the beginning of PA 1.0 (along with how everyone was introduced into the rp) and geez we've all come so far. And I'm very interested in what happens in the future.

I'm asking this because I thought I would give running my own RP a try once more, and I wanted to identify things which I should incorporate, and things which to avoid. Now that I think about it, though... I think it is the freeform PA allows. Piratin', but you're not too constricted by the setting, as everything you can think of is game.

Yeah that sounds about right.

I mean the bits of advice I can give from the experience is: Plan ahead but expect changes. I have ideas of how chapters are going to go, but you can't imagine how many times I've made impromptu changes because you guys decided to just not follow unnamed protocol. I kind of just nod and go, "oh yeah, that was definitely apart of the plan".

So, uh, fake it till you make it? Pretend like you know what you're doing and you end up doing something right haha. Oh and I think letting everyone help move the story forward (like the character arcs I do) might also be helpful. I haven't seen other rps do it and I think it sort of makes everyone become a little more engaged in the story. I MEAN, at least I think it does?? Planning arcs with you guys is always fun and bonus you guys help world building so I don't have to do it all by myself.

I'm asking this because I thought I would give running my own RP a try once more, and I wanted to identify things which I should incorporate, and things which to avoid. Now that I think about it, though... I think it is the freeform PA allows. Piratin', but you're not too constricted by the setting, as everything you can think of is game.
Persistence on behalf of the players is No. 1 reason.

Depends on whether people get bored/get too busy. Every other time I've tried to join a thread or do an RP on here, real life "catches up" which wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't the No. 1 excuse.

I guess we just got lucky and had a dedicated group from the get-go. I for one don't give up on RPs easily. I can't count the number of times I've been the last person to post something in an RP.

• Love
To date this has been one, if not my favorite group of writers to RP with. Dedication on top of great writing has kept this alive for me.

• Love
Aw you guys are great. And I agree you guys definitely bring life to this story.

Persistence on behalf of the players is No. 1 reason.

Depends on whether people get bored/get too busy. Every other time I've tried to join a thread or do an RP on here, real life "catches up" which wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't the No. 1 excuse.
Ah, yes. The dreaded "real life catching up". It would be more tolerable, if it wasn't so obnoxiously pervasive excuse. Noone ever shows enough of moral integrity to openly say they are bored, so they could be replaced in time to keep the ball rolling.

I've witnessed things like that. Some even say that and then spend their time on other rps. It's...not the best lie. Nor is it helpful. But it sucks because unless you pick the same band of rpers over and over- it's a 50/50 on whether they stay or go.

Like for PA, I made plans according to like...a whole group of 9(?) but that didn't work out so well. We have the original band plus Cross, which is no problem to me! Will I open up the Interest Check for PA again? Maybe? Any time soon? Probably not. If I did, it would more than likely be way after Arc's chapter due to how things are set up and all. Whether those people stay or not? Who knows.

Aww there was an intimate moment I missed. Darn you alerts!

I do agree though, freeform, commitment, open discussion all wonderful things that keeps rp's alive.

Of course I'm not going anywhere either, if I vanish I'm in a coma or something, got me to the end.

• Love
If you were looking for a sign, here it is~

If you were looking for music, then here this is~

Also, thanks for your patience guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.