Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted. And Runali tends to have bad influence on people. Gets them into illegal situation, like jaywalking, larceny and grand theft ship.

@Arcadius

Hector is not the Warden, he's an administrator. Have you been reading past posts?

She's going to try her best to avoid posters of any sort! :3
Runali tends to have bad influence on people.
Just remember this. For future reference.

Have you been reading past posts?
I'm gonna step in here and just say it was an honest mistake. There's no need to sound (At least that's what is sounds like) so accusatory. If you didn't mean to make it sound that way then, well honest internet mistake is all, but also just a heads up.

And here I was, thinking I'd be told it's not actually a werewolf. The typo has been fixed. And no worries, @Capt. Blu , it's always a genuine pleasure to be told you have made an error by Cross.

How have you guys been? I checked this morning and realized that it's ...

222821-7-Days-Till-Christmas.jpg

Usher in the busiest week+ of the year, that the Christmas till the New Year non-stop partying. Anyone else still preparing for the long holidays? =P I've yet to find a present for my folks. My other gifts are settled.

Reactions: Arcadius
I too have to figure out gifts for several people, Fox. This year was not that gift-inspiring, unless you want to gift obituary of a famous person...

I've been working extra shifts for the gifts I still need to get. I can't wait to usher in the new year.

Anyone else still preparing for the long holidays? =P I've yet to find a present for my folks. My other gifts are settled.
My holidays are pretty lowkey this year, but I did go present shopping.
This year was not that gift-inspiring
Yeah, not the most festive holiday, I agree.

Speaking of this week, the next cycle is the 23rd but we're getting dangerously close into full holiday territory so I suspect this cycle will drag through the holidays. If it doesn't then, I'll keep posting up as per usual. If it does, we'll resume when...well when the holidays have simmered down. Ya know, the usual stuff.

Disguise Team: Pretty straightforward goal there. Grab the target, get going.

Sewer Team: You guys have plenty you can do, but I do suggest skipping floors. (Yeah going up 23 floors individually will take forever.)

Everyone: At this point, it's likely that more than a few floors know about the break in. Life's not getting any easier for any of them. So yeah, alarms have sounded. All that jazz.

I managed to find most of my gifts now. Buying gifts for my parents is proving to be the biggest challenge by far D:

@Arcadius I wouldn't mind that actually. Anyone with a not so perfect life and yet achieved everything they set their mind to is always a source of inspiration. Whose orbit would you like if you were getting one for Christmas?

@Mizos Fight on! :) Seeing people smiling when they unwrap their gifts is a reward in itself. Unfortunately for me, some of my gifts will have to wait till Jan to be received. :(

Also, what sort of job are you working at? (If you don't mind me asking...)

@Click This Hope your exams are going well! :D

@Capt. Blu *raises hand* Can we consider waiting till Boxing Day aka 26th and 27th. Day before Eve is usually busy too. :P I mean it can be a vote thing among the group.

Reactions: Astoria
Haha thanks Winter seeing their smiles is always a reward. I work a seasonal job at a football stadium for extra money, a lot of counting and a lot of heavy lifting basically.
In terms of gifting giving...bah! December...January just getting a gift from someone is nice, no matter the time frame. The younguns just expect it at Christmas, the older ones with bills and extra responsibility understand. Because insurance companies don't care that's it's Christmas, they're getting that money.

I'm okay with the waiting as well, I'm not sure how the next few days are going to look.

Actually, that's kinda true. I was just remarking today that Christmas is mostly for kids (and teens to some extent) as the excitement fades as the years pile up and your wallet becames emptier. #adulting

I am still wondering how I am gonna keep up getting gifts for my nieces, nephews and friend's kids. Probably need to learn crafty skills soon so I don't spend a fortune on toys. ;A;

And suggestions?

Yeah I was half asleep on that one, excuse me Winter, you too Fox.

Yeah Christmas loses a little bit of that magic when you're older, all part of being an adult.

Well I'd say anything handmade is good but not everyone like those. When I was a kid I couldn't appreciate it till I was little older. Some kids (and teens) like it though, especially if it's something they'd need. I'd love a scarf personally.
If you know their interests or something they like that's a good start, but simplicity is good too. You can get a youngun something they can play with that's new and they'll enjoy it. Sometimes something simple but personal for them works too.
I got pencils with my name on them for christmas I loved those pencils, I've seen these items made with the kids name inscribed on it. Stuff like that. Doesn't have to be expensive just...personal. Something for them. Get a teen a mug with their name on it, they give you lip ask them what they got you, and hope they didn't actually get you anything. (Don't take that advice, that's mean though I have done it).

This is just random stuff I found works if your wallet can't pay for that 100 dollar toy they'll throw away and use the box instead for. A gift card is always an option and teens will appreciate it if it's something they like though I personally don't like giving them, it works, it cheaps and shows you at least thought of them.

*raises hand* Can we consider waiting till Boxing Day aka 26th and 27th. Day before Eve is usually busy too. :P I mean it can be a vote thing among the group.
I assumed the cycle would be pushed till after the holidays anyway. I don't mind the wait. I'll say the 27th.

And Mizos has some pretty good suggestions. Certain age groups (maybe like 7 under) don't really know the real value of an expensive gift and appreciate whatever they get (said as a person who has younger siblings) Sometimes the really nice crayons and big coloring books will do- especially if they have their favorite characters on them. I'm pretty sure if you explain to a teen about the lack of funds they should understand and be okay with waiting- or at least getting something handmade. I don't know about them, but I would love handmade stuff. It's more effort in those kind of things and it's more personalized.

Reactions: Mizos
@Fox of Hearts I'm not really sure what you mean by orbit there... As for the discussion that followed, there's of course the reality hitting you with adult responsibilities to remind you how adult you are, despite it being the festive half of December, but really... people gift you socks. And it is awesome.

Since being and adult I too enjoy socks for Christmas :|

Reactions: Arcadius
I joked about that the other day and then I realized I actually don't have that many pairs of socks and need more.

Status
Not open for further replies.