The King's Rules (Mitsunari decides screw the rules)

Mitsunari Takeda
The Hidden Rain

Mitsunari was relieved to hear that Akihiko had failed as well. He couldn't be THAT much higher than the mighty Takeda clan. He did wonder how he was so fit. He was a bit annoyed though that it was that Azuha girl had answered though. He didn't look at her, and just nodded. He took another drink of his tea, the rain was probably ruining it if he didn't finish it quickly.... The Eternal Rain of their village... Mitsunari'd always dealt with it, and was clothed for it, but for him thinking about it was weird... It was always there.

Then Kazen-hime announced their next training. They would be playing freeze tag. Mitsunari's blood boiled. MORE physical work. Were they going to just keep hitting his weakness again and again, and then compare him to his teammates? It already stung his massive ego when Kazen casually noted he'd done the worst. Like anyone needed to be told that. His anger was kindled more when she said In round one, neither taijutsu, not ninjutsu or any other techniques are allowed. What? Genjutsu wasn't even worth noting? His ply, his craft, and she couldn't even bother to NAME it. Maybe he couldn't use it, but still. As soon as he heard that, he decided he wasn't going to get caught first. He might have just given up otherwise. There was absolutely no way they could even hold out against Freeze tag. Their best bet was to screw team work and running, and turn it into hide and go seek.

Something else he'd learned in the Acadamy, Ninja's see under the underneath. Basically, he was told no jutsu, what he understood was don't get CAUGHT using jutsu.

Kazen-sensei called for them to go, and he ran behind a collection of old and broken pipes, something the Rain was littered with, he glanced back just in time to see Akihiko disappear up a tree.... a tree? That was rare here. But he did have a good vantage point, and Mitsunari liked that.

Mitsunari made sure Kazen-sensei was preoccupied, as was Nazari-hime before he started his handsigns. He hid behind pipes, making sure he was focused at the tree. Quietly making 4 handsigns. The first was Thought Reader, he used it on Akihiko in the tree. He wouldn't be able to see anything of course from Akihiko's perspective or anything, just read the odd thought, but the odd scattered thoughts from him about Nazari-hime and Kazen-sensei helpful while he got accommodated in his little hiding, even if it wouldn't last long, and if it would drain him. And if Akihiko felt him entering his psyche, so what? He was obviously hiding as well, and he wasn't going to scream at Mitsunari for rule breaking, that would give away his position.

He clumsily made 3 more. The Thought Reader screwed over his coordination, as always. He wouldn't be able to even run if he was caught.

He followed through with his next jutsu as he throw his Cape and hood off of him. The rain was bothersome, but oh well, the Mighty wouldn't fall to a little sickness! He was of the Takeda clan! The cape would fly above the pipes giving away his position before falling back ontop of where he'd been. It landed on a pipe that hadn't been there before, Mitsunari was now gone.

The cape was just lying there ontop of the pipe, along with others, making it look very much like a distraction.

To see through the underneath. I'll show them I'm a freakin' ninja! Screw my lack of taijutsu, I am KING!

The last part was probably a 'loud' enough thought to be transmitted to Akihiko

S H I N R A - G E N I N, #00ccff
With: Team Sūta (15)​

Once she finished drinking her own tea, she placed it on the ground. Gazing at the rest of her teammates. Kazen-sensei was ready to start something which seemed like a fun thing, atleast for her. It was basically a game called Freeze Tag, which was easily explained as simple as possible. It was not difficult for her to actually understand the concept behind it, and what the game was about. She felt excited. It was a game. It was going to be fun, and thanks to the tea Sutā-sensei brought, she had easily regained her stamina and was feeling quite good. However, she also took note of how she felt ignored. By one of her teammates. She did not pry into it, because she felt that the reason behind it may be because of her. Because of the results her coming late entailed.

She immediately diverted her attention towards both her sensei, before she actually stood up. Shinra canvassed her surroundings and took note of the few skyscrapers in their vicinity. The trees. It was an odd combination. The Freeze Tag was to start with round one. They could not use any form of techniques, or atleast the typical three; Genjutsu, Ninjutsu and Taijutsu. But once the game actually started, she noticed Akihiko running in his own direction, followed by the one who ignored her earlier, Mitsunari Takeda, who ran in another direction. 'Yosh... I'll make sure to find a good spot to hide." She was being hopeful.

A second or two later. Once both her teammates had gone their separate way to hide. She stood up. A smirk came across her face. The sound of the game was quite thrilling, and she needed something like this. Something fun. "Here I go..." She uttered, before she turned around, and started running. With a smile on her face, and once she felt that she was far enough. She tried to find herself a spot. Somewhere she would be difficult to detect, find or anything similar.

'Hmm.. Where can I hide...?" She curiously thought to herself. However, an idea sparked her mind, which eventually led her through the many alleys in-between a few houses, skyscrapers. She found a pipeline leading in an awkward or a weird direction. She hesitantly ventured inside. Even if the place was quite dark. She could hear the sound of her own footsteps. Like an echo. It gave her an idea. If anything. If someone actually came there, she would know, due to the sound. She started to run and found an X-formed path. Leading in several ways. Some up, some down, some in other directions. She decided to make her way up and noticed a few much more smaller pipes, though with a space between them and the wall of the huge pipeline. She hid herself in-between there. She crouched and felt that she found a very good spot. 'It shouldn't be that easy to find me here right? I mean.. I can hear if someone is coming or approaching me, or coming towards my direction.'

'Yes.. I should be fine.. I'll make sure I'm the last one they find.' Again, she was quite hopeful. Shinra was wondering if the game had started, and if Kazen-sensei was already the hunter she said she was. She giggled, though quickly stopped herself, placing her hand before her mouth. 'Shh.. Shinra.. Be quiet..' She was nervous and excited at the same time.

Team 11, teal
'Guess my luck never runs out....' Yuki thought sarcastically as he walked down the street with his hands stuffed into his coat pockets. Not only had it taken the academy an extra 2 weeks to find him a squad to join, due to his "special" situation. But now his new team's Sensei was at the Empress Ceremony, or whatever, at Konoha. Letting out a soft sigh he looks up at the brewing clouds 'looks like rain....Of course it always does here.' Yuki was told to seek out his teammates and get to know them while their Sensei was absent, but he really didnt know where to look, or what to say when he did find one.

Suddenly a low growl comes from his stomach. 'It is lunch time....Guess I can eat then go looking....' Thats when Yuki spotted a dumpling shop. His usual neutral expression lights up slightly at the sight before he goes in. There wasnt many people inside, which he liked, he always found being around a lot of people at once very uncomfortable. Heading to one of the tables he spots a girl around his age gulping down dumplings like her life depended on it. He recognized her from the photo the academy showed him, it was Yogiri, his new teammate. 'Wow...I guess shes hungry...' Hesitating for a moment he slowly approaches her. "H-hello, your Yogiri-san right? I'm Yuki, your new teammate." He had a low, mellow voice, his tone was a bit nervous but mostly neutral.

Reyna Azuma, Yellow
Kumo Genin, Team 13
The Gates of Kumogakure

Her heart sank to her stomach as Midori spoke. The... the client? Her eyes widening in a sense of panicked realization, Reyna didn't know what to do. Great job! You did it again... Stupid! So much for first impressions... Staring at the sobbing girl, Reyna trembled for a moment, unsure of what to say. "I... I am sorry Akira-san... Please, I didn't... Sorry." She said meekly, hanging her head in shame. Hearing the noise of someone else approaching, Reyna's head snapped back up turning quickly. For an instant, she thought he'd be standing there when she turned, ready to join them on another mission... Then realization hit her like a punch to the gut as Reyna stared at the new girl, Kaya Irozaki.

Opening her mouth to say something, Reyna quickly stopped herself. You've done enough harm today... Biting her tongue, Reyna nodded to her sensei as she told them to move out. Following behind Midori, Reyna threw a quick glance over to her new teammate. Her anger, her rage from before had been diffused the instant she had realized she was yelling at a little girl. Even now that Kaya was here, a new teammember, Reyna just didn't have the effort to be hostile. "Kaya Irozaki? It is... nice... to meet you. My name is Reyna."

Nami and the Dragon Lotus Part 1, gold
A collab between Mr. Nim and Fieryfly

Kirigakure | Before the Chuunin Exams

Summary:
While doing the groceries Nami meets Tora Hatake and gets in interesting invitation.​

It was a normal Tuesday afternoon and that meant that she had to get groceries. With a basket around her arm Nami made her way through the city of mist that was currenly following its name by laying out a deep blanket of white over the streets. Nami was used to it and moved without hesitation through the alleyways. With the speed she was moving on it didn't take her long to arrive at the store. In her mind she went through the stuff she had to buy. Cabbage, leeks, apples. It was quite a list.

With a soft push she opened the door. A chiming sound greeted her and with care she closed the door behind her and went on with her business. The shop seemed empty, but Nami immediately noticed the two persons standing in the far corner behind the counter. They were talking in hushed whispers and Nami couldn't help but wonder what they were saying. Why did they feel the need to whisper anyway? Did they have a great secret to hide?

Her hands found the spinach she was looking for and she put it in the basket as she moved on, closer to the two people as she browsed through the stuff. If she could just get a little bit closer without them noticing then she would be able to hear them.

Shaking the hand of the shop keeper's assistant and recieving a note from him in that handshake, Tora couldn't help but smile a bit. She got recieved another piece of information in that note, and she hoped it was something good. She gave him a nod and then he went back to the counter as she turned around and walked to a shelf with breads. She grabbed a bag and begun examining them, slipping the note into the bag as carefully as she could. She then decided on a bread and took it, placing it inside the bag as well before continuing the the fruit baskets and begun picking a few apples, putting those in a different bag and standing with her back to Nami. She already noticed the girl tried to spy on her, but she wondered if the girl will say anything on it.

Hearing something failed because it seemed the two just finished talking and now continued with their normal business as if nothing had happened at all. Like she was that stupid. But it was always good when people thought you are stupid and then forgot about you and allowed you to see stuff you weren't supposed to see. Like that note. Now Nami was not one for paranoia or superstition, but that was strange. If they were ninja's of Kirigakure then there would be no need for them to do this, meaning there was something else going on. Father would want to know this, shot through Nami's head. She always had to report things that happened that had caught her interest, how small it might be. He valued every bit of information she brought him. Still, how could she confront someone just like that? In a shop?Maybe it was better to just remember the person closely and do nothing. But if that note held something very valuable then it would be stupid to let the person go. She would never find her again.

She picked up another item, no clue what she was getting, and as she examined it she walked backwards as if she was debating about buying. This made her crash into the woman - on purpose of course - making her drop her own basket on the ground. Apples spilled everywhere followed by the rest of the vegetables. Nami feigned shock. "I'm so sorry." She said to the woman, making a low bow. "I wasn't paying attention. I should have looked where I was walking. I will clean it up." She reached for an apple that had rolled past the woman.

Nami's crashing into her made Tora drop her bag with the bread, and it fell on the floor. Sighing, she turned to see and hear the young girl apologize and then kneel down and begun collecting her apples. She began reaching to an apple which went past her own legs, so instead of allowing her to do so, she kicked the apple up into the air and caught it with her hand. She then cleaned it with her shirt before tossing it straight into the bag "Don't worry. Accidents happen. Just make sure to look back if you move in that direction next time." She said and gave her a friendly smile before kneeling down and picking up the bag with the bread, but the note slipped out and landed on the floor. Noticing this, she brought her left foot closer to it and stepped on the edge of the note, to ensure Nami won't pick it up.

The woman seemed really nice, handing her the apple and everything, but nice people could be deceiving too. Maybe even more so. On her knees Nami could see the note land before her and she was about to reach out for her when the woman stepped on it. The message was clear. That was not for her eyes to see. Her thoughts moved quickly. The piece of paper had fallen upside down and it was impossible to read it. Instead of trying she straightened up as if she hadn't seen anything and then looked down again. "Ah, you dropped something ma'am." She said pointing to the note on the ground while giving the woman a stern look. One that didn't match with the shocked face she had carried just a moment ago.

Nodding as a silent thanks, Tora kneeled down and moved her leg before picking up the note and placing it back in the bag. She then gave her a friendly smile before turning back to the fruits and beginning to pick out a few peaches. She figured she could make a fruit salad of sorts, but first she would need to ensure that girl won't try any more tricks. But then she decided on a different thing. If the girl wanted to find out what was written on the note so badly, then she would let her. She moved to a different shelf and then attempted to reach a can of olives, but the bags seemingly stopped her from doing so, so she placed the bags down and then focused on the olives, which were quite deep into one of the higher shelfs.

Nami knew she could not let it go now. Her curiosity had been peeked and she just had to know what was on that note. Would be stupid if it was something silly now. Imagine if it was a shopping list that would state things like: 2 milk, 1 bread, olives. But for some reason Nami didn't think that would be the case. Who got shopping lists from the grocery shop owner anyway? Still she had to find another method. Nami was about to turn away when a chance opened. The woman placed her bags down, searching for something on the upper shelves. Nami didn't hesitate but walked forwards, pretenting to search something down in the lower shelves. As she looked her hand reached out to find the bags and the note. It wasn't very hard to find and it disappeared between Nami's fingers before she pulled her hand back and grabbed a pot of potted peaches. Not really something she needed, but whatever.

Taking out the olive can, Tora kneeled down and placed it in the bag before tapping Nami's shoulder "Please give me what you just took from my bag. Its something given to me by someone who has a crush on me." She said and slightly raised an eyebrow as she placed her hand towards the young girl, wondering if she will make a run for it, which will result in a useless chase, or will she just hand the note back to her. It was a mere love note to her after all. Or at least, for most eyes it would be.

So the woman was more perceptive then Nami had thought. Still she had been able to quickly look at the note and it seemed that she was telling the truth. It spoke about love and stuff like that. Carefully Nami straightened up. She didn't seem shocked that the woman had caught her and also didn't seem ready to make a run for it. "I'm sorry ma'am." She said as she offered the note back to Tora. "I thought you were here to smuggle information and as shinobi of the Mist it is my duty to check stuff like that out. I am sure you will understand." She gave the woman a curt nod.

Taking the note back, Tora gave her a slight nod. She knew the code of the Mist very well herself, but she would never just try to take stuff inside a grocery store. That seemed like a bit too much to her, but at the same time, it could've been just what she was looking for. Someone who took note of everything that happened, just like herself. Her expression turned into a more serious one "I am very much aware of what you are supposed to check and what you are not. I am a Jounin of the Mist. And do you mind if I ask for you name, so I can tell your superior jounin of what a well done job his student has done." She said and the serious face slightly went away.

Automatically Nami made another bow. A Jounin was her surperior in every way so she was supposed to show respect. She didn't seem very troubled by the fact that she had just partly accused a Jounin of smuggling information. "Nami, ma'am. Nami Tachibana. Genin under the guidance of Takeshi Shun and thanks ma'am." She said her head still facing the ground. She hadn't expected the woman to say that she had done a good job. That was... new and pretty cool.

Placing her hand on Nami's shoulder, Tora gave her a reassuring smile "Don't worry about accusing me. You are still fairly new to the whole thing and its understandable you won't know everyone who is a shinobi in this village. But next time, try to ensure your target is truly not aware of what you want to do. Create a diversation or make them believe you want to do one thing while doing another." She said and then looked around before returning her look back to the young girl "Walk with me for a bit, if you don't mind?" She asked.

With the hand on her shoulder Nami raised up and returned the smile after a short pause. She nodded along with the words. It was a bit stupid maybe now that she thought about it. But then again she had been facing a Jounin. That was no excuse, Father would say. She could hear his voice in her mind. "Of course. Let me pay for these groceries first." She said as she hurried off with her products and dropped them at the counter. The owner smiled at her and put her stuff in a bag which Nami then placed in the basket she had brought along. With the items in hand she returned to the woman. "Okay, I'm ready. Thanks for the advice." She inclined her head one more time.

She looked at the shop keeper's assistant who raised his hand, and Tora gave him a quick wink back, making him blush. The owner merely gave her a note as he took out a small tab and added the things she took in the bags. After he wrote everything down he gave her a wave of his hand, and the jounin looked at the young genin and motioned to her to follow her. Exiting the grocery store, she looked around for a moment before beginning to lead the young girl in a random direction "You have an exceptional skill at seeing things." She said as they walked in the streets.

Slightly hurried Nami followed the woman outside. She wasn't quite sure what the woman wanted with her, but it would be rude just to leave. "Thank you." She repeated, not really sure what else to say to a Jounin she had just met. "I hope I didn't... mess up any love related stuff..." She said and trailed off at the end. She didn't really feel bad, but still it would be kind of sad if the relationship would turn out to be nothing because of her.

Allowing a few moments to pass, and ensuring they were mostly alone, Tora looked at Nami with a smile, but her eyes showed a more stern look "How would you react if I told you that you would be capable of using that skill of yours for the good of the world? And I mean beyond being a shinobi of Kiri. I mean being a shinobi that will help ensuring all is well, everywhere." She asked, and her smile remained in its place while her eyes gained a slightly softer look to them. She then looked up at the skies and noticed a cloud which looked somewhat like the shape of a dragon. It seemed so odd to her, that once she would've done anything to get away, and now she was doing the exact opposite.

Honestly Nami was not sure what to reply to that question. Using her skill for the good of the world? That seemed a bit much, really. Making sure that all was well everywhere? Nami hardly saw how that was possible. It did sound interesting though. Was this woman fighting for a goal like that? "I..." She started when she realized she had been quiet for a while. She hoped she was not offending the woman by not saying anything. That would be bad. "That would be difficult I assume. I mean that sounds like a really big task. I am not sure if something like that is even possible. I am not sure if I am capable of that now."

"Whoever said you will be doing this alone? I was talking about being a part of a group. A single person cannot achieve such a thing. But several together, it is very much possible. Hard to do, but possible."
She said before leading the young girl through a small garden, which will give them a bit of cover from the... Two ANBU Tora had counted that were following them. Once they reached the cover of the few trees, she spoke again "I'm fighting for such a goal, and it is something very risky. Something not a lot get the chance to help out with. But, in order to find the right people to help, I scout. And I think you, if you get some training of course, will be a wonderful addition." She told Nami as she kept walking.

The whole talk that the woman gave her made Nami frown. So this woman was part of a secret organisation or something like that. A group that fought for peace all over the world? She carefully assessed that information because that was a lot. First of all there was the fact that a group like that existed and since they strived for world peace or something it probably meant that people from all over the world were invested in this. That was pretty cool. And big. Secondly, she was asked. Of all the people in Kirigakure. Or maybe there had been more, she couldn't know that. Still it felt like something special. "The love note wasn't really a love note, was it?" She asked in reply though she didn't really expect an answer. "This sounds... really big. I..." Her frown deepened. "Will you kill me if I say no?" She asked then.

"If you say no, I will go on my way and you will go on yours. If you try to speak to anyone about this group, however, you might find yourself in a bad spot. And if you try to say I am the one who told you, then you will find that they will believe my word over yours due to the rank and age differences." Tora replied to her second question without even giving the first one a thought, and then looked at her "But deciding against being a part of this will only make it seem as if you do not wish world peace to be a thing, in which case, you could become a danger." She added, and the smile vanished from her face as they procceeded to go through the garden, and she could see the edge. Nami was obviously curious but wary, which was a good thing, even though she could force her into being a part of the group without asking, just like Zakito did to her. But she didn't want to do that to someone else. She wanted to give others a choice.

"How do I know?" Nami retorted. "How do I know that what you say now is the truth? I have never heard of an organisation striving for this." She really didn't mean to sound disrespectful but this whole deal sounded really out of her league and too good to be true. "And I mean world peace... I don't see how anyone would not want that. I hope you understand however that this is kind of... abrupt? I'm just a Genin... and a girl who was getting groceries for her dad. And then this. How do you know you can trust me?" She spoke, stating her thoughts to the woman before her from whom she didn't even know the name. "I mean I don't even know what to call you. We have only just met." She added.

Hearing the last comment, Tora couldn't help but let out a small laugh. Nami was right, she did not give her a name "My name is Tora Hatake. And people get stranger offers in much more ordinary situations. Thats what makes for a good disguise." She said and closed her eyes for a moment "As for how do I know I can trust you? You already proven yourself by returning the note. Most shinobi in the village would go and try to figure it out, determined that there is a secret hidden in it when it is a mere love note. A woman is allowed to have a love life, after all." She said and then opened one eye to look at Nami "While still being suspicious, you returned the note, before I introduced myself as a jounin of the village." She added.

"As for the organisation, if we were public for everyone to join and know of, then we wouldn't be even half effective as we are. The more people know of it, the less chance we have to impact places. We act from the shadows to ensure that most of the world won't know of us, and thus, allow us to act and slowly improve life for all without threats. Understand now, Nami Tachibana?" Tora asked, using her full name on purpose to try and sounde more serious.

Nami decided not to tell that she had read most of the note and that it wasn't hard to remember. It wouldn't help the case probably because she was most certainly intrigued. "I understand Hatake-san." She replied after Tora had finished. And indeed she understood her words perfectly. A shadow organisation that worked everywhere and nowhere. Interesting. "I appreciate the trust and I hope I am not bothering you with my questions but I would like to ask another one. Do I need to decide this now? Right here? Or can I go home and think about this? I mean it is a big choice it seems."

"While I did say you seem to be suited, this was not an invitation. Not yet. I still need to test you to see if you are completely fit to be a part of the group. You may go home and think about this, but you cannot tell anyone about this."
She said and then lead the girl back to the streets when they arrived on the other side of the garden "If you decide that you are interested in trying the tests out, then come see me tonight, at training field 3 at eight. If you do not within 10 minutes of the time I will assume you are not interested, and the next time we will meet it will be as if we never had this talk, and if you attempt to talk about this with anyone else, be sure that I will know." Tora told Nami as she kept leading her through the streets.

After a couple more moments, Tora came to a stop next to a house "I assume this is where you live, right? Because I haven't led us anywhere. I was, in fact, following you." She said with a little smile and looked at the house in front of her. It seemed like a nice house. All she had was a small apartment, but she was pleased with it.

At eight. Nami nodded slowly. "I understand Hatake-san." She said again. And then they were at her house. Nami stared to the front door and then back to Tora. She blinked a couple of times and then smiled. "Yes, this is where I live. I didn't even notice..." She chuckled and whistled. "Would you like to come in for a cup of tea? Father always says I make great tea, which is totally because he taught me how to make it. Though it might be a bit noisy. I have quite a few siblings."

Letting out another small laugh slip, Tora smiled at Nami "Thanks for the offer, but I must be heading to my own home. I need to prepare some food and ensure the place looks fine. You probably know, the basic things." She said and then looked at her with a calm look "You seem like a really interesting person. Hopefully I will see you at eight." She said and then gave her a wave of her hand and another smile before turning around from her and walking away.

"I know yes." Nami said smiling. "I do most of the chores since I am the eldest. Thank you again." She made a bow before the woman. "I hope I see you too." With that she turned around to the door and opened it. Without looking back she stepped inside and pulled the door shut behind her. Father stood in the hallway. She grinned to him and told him she had gotten the groceries. Very interesting groceries.

Reactions: Nim
Takeshi Shun, Gold
Kiri Jounin, Team 2 Sensei

Yawning and stretching out his arms, Takeshi sat up on the couch. How long had he been napping? Three hours, four? Shaking his sleep filled limbs awake, Takeshi glanced at the coffee table in front of the couch where the two pieces of paper laid. He had gotten halfway through writing a note to both Nami and Shiro but the effort of doing so, mixed with the amazing comfort of his couch, had caused him to fall asleep before the job could be finished. Yawning again, Takeshi stood up, stretching out the rest of his long body before heading into the kitchen to pour himself some coffee.

Settling back down on the couch, Takeshi leaned over and surveyed what he had written so far. Thinking of somethin g to add, he reached over, picked up a pen and began writing again. After a short time, Takeshi set down the pen, lifted his coffee and smiled, satisfied.

Meet at fields. Bring supplies.
~T

Taking a long sip of the coffee, Takeshi sighed. Is that too much? Setting the coffee down, Takeshi folded the pieces of paper, tucked them inside of a pair of plain white envelopes and tucked them into his pocket. He had made several preparations for the mission ahead, and hoped his students would be just as prepared. After all, his note should have been clear enough... Grabbing his coat, Takeshi made his way out of the house, making sure it was locked tight.

His hands stuffed into his pockets, Takeshi made his way through the streets of Kiri. He could tell there was a difference in the atmosphere, almost like a dark cloud had settled over the village. The villagers were clearly uneasy, and Takeshi knew it was the result of the rumours of revolution. He sighed inwardly at the naivety of the villagers, and continued on his way. Stopping to drop his letters off with someone who would deliver them for him, Takeshi began making his way towards the training fields. If he got their quickly enough, maybe he'd have time for another nap before his students arrived... That would be nice. A lazy smile filling his face, Takeshi continued on his way.

Nami and the Dragon Lotus Part 2, gold
A collab between Mr. Nim and Fieryfly
(and a little help from j8cob)

Kirigakure | Before the Chuunin Exams

Summary:
Nami gets invited to do three tests to see if she could be allowed in the Dragon Lotus.​

Standing at the entrance to Training Field 3, Tora looked at her clock and saw it was a minute before eight. She wondered if she stood there with no reason or will the person she was waiting for will arrive. Letting out a sigh, she couldn't help but look around a bit. She waved to a familiar face and then gave the clock another glance. Still a minute till eight. Wondering if the clock is slow, she let out a yawn.

At exactly eight o'clock Nami set foot on the field. She hadn't wanted to be so late, but first dinner had to be prepared and eaten and then she had to do the dishes. Then Hotaru had decided to take up even more of her time by demanding that Nami would help her with her dress. Luckily Father had stepped in and now she was here. Quite a bit of thought had gone over this organisation when she was home. Thought and contemplation, but there was no hesitation in her movements now. Slowly she approached Tora and as she arrived before her she made a small bow. "Hatake-san." She said. "I hope I didn't keep you waiting."

"You didn't. I arrived here a couple of minutes ago. And you are right on time, so no worries."
Tora said and gave Nami a smile. Then she looked around for a moment before leaning in and placing her mouth next to Nami's ear "There is a special item hidden in the garden we passed through earlier inside a seemingly unimportant package. I want you to retrieve it without anyone else knowing. You will find it at the roots of the oldest tree in there. It is also the largest tree. That is your first test. You cannot tell anyone else about this. Am I understood?" She asked, moving backwards from Nami and looking serious now.

Nami nodded. "Retrieve an item that is hidden at the roots of the oldest tree. Don't tell anyone. Totally understood." She replied as she straigthened up. "If I find the item and managed to get it out of the garden where will I find you? Will you still be here?" She asked as her thoughts already ran through the garden she had visited yesterday. She hadn't noticed any particular trees that stood out which meant that she had not paid enough attention. That was not good. She would have to do better.

Doing a nod on Nami's repeated instruction, she wondered for a moment where would she tell her to meet her so it won't be suspicious "Come to the grocery store in an hour and place the item behind the first bread. I will take it from there and then I'll meet you back here, in an hour and a half. Also, I should let you know that since you are in a test, then you need to consider everyone to be unaware of the organization. You will not be informed on who is a part and who is not until you have become a full member. So, do not mention this organization at all. Understood?" Tora asked, and her tone started to go into the more deadly side of being serious.

"Yes, ma'am." Nami replied with a serious tone as well. What Tora said made sense. She was not part of this organization yet so it was only logical that she wouldn't know who was in it. "If that is all I'd like to start. Only an hour and a half left after all." She said. She could not fail this test so she would need all the time she had. One never knew what one would encounter.

"Go, and you are half correct. You have an hour and a half to meet me here, but like I said, an hour to place the item in the grocery store. Now, go and find the item. And you cannot tell this to anyone!" She repeated herself before jumping away from the entrance to the Training field, moving in the direction of the center of the village, aiming to focus on hiding and observing from the distance on how Nami will do.

Yeah, she got it. Don't tell anyone. Without replying Nami turned around and started to leave the trainingsfield. This couldn't be too hard. She remembered where the garden was and it wasn't that big. If she would just walk over there it wouldn't cost her that much time. Walking would be way less suspicious then running so that would work fine. And it shouldn't be hard to find the biggest tree in the garden either. She just had to hope that there would be no one there otherwise getting a secret package could be more difficult.

Soon after the girl left the trainingsfield, a tall slender figure approached her from behind. Without a sound to give away its presence, it removed a rag from underneath a dark coat. Rather quickly, the person wrapped its arms around the unsuspecting Nami, placing the rag over her mouth and restraining her arms with its other arm. "Shhhh," the man said, the masculine voice revealing the gender. As her vision would be fading, it would be evident that the rag on her face was moist with chloroform. It was clear she wasn't being murdered, but taken alive.

As Nami would come to, she would quickly find herself in a dark room with no light, tied to a wooden chair in the middle. Though the room was dark, it was clear that she wasn't alone in the room. There was someone laying on the ground to her right and two figures standing to her left, one about the height of the man that knocked her out and another much shorter. "I think she is awake," the man spoke quietly, though there was no response from the other two people.

Nami's eyes tried to focus and pierce the dark as her thoughts tried to comprehend what just happened. It didn't take long to figure out. The smell in her nose was definitaly chloroform and the room spoke for itself. The real question was why? The only reason she could think of was that somebody had figure it out. But how? She flexed her fingers and carefuly assessed her bounds. Maybe she should start carrying something in her sleeve. Then again the one who had captured her would have removed it anyway. Speaking of the man, he was saying something and Nami lifted her head. She didn't reply to his words, but just tried to gather her bearings.

The shorter figure walked around Nami, before stopping two meters in front of her. In the darkness, it was difficult to make out any features. At least not until her eyes were adjusted. "So she is," the shorter one said, giving away that this person was female. As the woman stepped closer, it was also apparent her footsteps made no noise on the stone floor. "I'm going to make this simple," she said, before snapping her fingers. The man that had kidnapped her moved around to the person laying on the floor and delivered a sharp kick to its midsection. "My package was stolen and you know where it is. Talk."

So a man and a woman, Nami thought. Not that that really mattered, but every detail could be important. And they wanted to know about the package. Well she didn't truly know where it was since she hadn't found it yet so really she didn't even need to lie here. "I don't know. What are you talking about?! I didn't do anything." She replied, her voice quivering a bit. Her eyes however were steady and tried to make out the faces of the people that had captured her.

"Wrong answer." The woman snapped her fingers again and the man stomped on the body on the floor. Only this time it was several stomps. "You do know what I'm talking about and you did do something. This woman told you where it was. She was the one who stole it, after all. But unfortunately she passed out from the torture. So it's your turn." The woman got closer now, standing less than a meter away from Nami. She leaned forward slightly, before raising one of her hands. "You're a pretty girl. I don't want to have to mar that face... So I'll ask it again: where... is... my... package?"

"I don't. I don't know where it is. I don't even know what it is you are talking about." Her eyes flickered to the body as the man stomped it. That sounded painful. Was that Hatake-san? If so then why was she not doing anything? Wasn't she a Jounin? Did Jounin get beaten that easily? Nami didn't think so. She couldn't have been out long so Tora must have been beaten super fast. "I don't know anything about this package you are talking about." She said again. Honestly she had not confirmed where it was nor what it looked like or what was inside. She could really not tell anything about it.

There was a light chuckle from the woman, before she stood upright. "I hope you don't think I'm that stupid," the woman said, before holding her fingers together and pointing the tips at Nami's face. A small cut whipped across her right cheek, but it wasn't deep enough to be serious. "This woman told you where it is. Simply tell me what she told you. Another wrong answer and I will take her arm. Then yours." The man leaned over and picked up the person on the ground, forcing them to stand up. Though they were standing further away than the short woman, it was apparent that this was the unconcsious Tora Hatake.

Her cheek stung, but Nami didn't wince or cringe away from the woman. She bit her lip and praised the fact that she had received pretty good training from Father in being silent and not telling anything. She had made a promise not to speak up about the organization or about anything that had been discussed this day. So she wouldn't. She couldn't break that promise. The prospect of losing an arm was absolutely terrifying, but breaking that promise was actually more terrifying than that. Who knew what might happen then. Cetainly not much good. "Please don't take my arm..." She spoke softly. Her fingers fumbled again with the bound around her wrists. "I can't tell you things I don't know! Take her arm if she has the information you need."

"Oh? I have your permission?" the woman said, her voice sounding somewhat sarcastic. After a light chuckle, she swung her arm in a wide arc past her side. The man that was holding up Tora didn't move in the least, but the sound of flesh tearing was heard and Tora's left arm fell to the floor with a thud. The sound of blood dripping was also heard. "That looked painful," the man commented, earning a chuckle from the woman. "You said no to your arm, right?" The woman moved in close, putting her face just before Nami's. At this range, even in the darkness, it was clear who the person behind the voice was. It was the Mizukage. "Would you prefer if I took one of your legs then?"

The surge of pain going through her due the her arm being cut off made Tora open her eyes wide and let out a scream of pain. She then looked up and let a hiss of pain which was partially directed at Rika "You still won't get nothing from me!" She said with a pained tone.

Now Nami couldn't help but wince, but she didn't look away only to gulp the next second. The Mizukage's face was hanging before her own. Nami's eyes widened. What was the Mizukage doing here? The package, it belonged to her? Why would Tora steal an item from the woman that ruled this country? So many questions popped up in Nami's mind that she almost seemed to forget that the woman was demanding an answer from her. "No.." She said in a small voice. Losing her leg would be way worse.

The woman raised her hand again, making it clear to Nami that she was preparing another strike. "No? Are you sure about that?" She kept her hand in position, but lowered it and placed the side of her palm against Nami's thigh. "If I cut right here, the prosthetic leg would be awkward and painful. Because you see, the rest of the bone would have to be removed as well. But if I cut here..." She lowered her hand, putting it just above Nami's knee. "It would be much easier for you to get a fake leg. A working knee might be difficult to use at first but the operation itself would be much nicer. But I'm thinking about the first one..." She moved her hand back to the first position. "Are you sure you don't know where it is?" There was something sinister in her voice now, almost like Rika was daring her to say no.

Nami was painfully aware of the fact that her hands were shaking. Her toes were curled up in her shoes and her breath was quickening. This was fear. There was no doubt that the Mizukage would follow her words. Did she have to be so detailed about it? Yes, because that made her all the more afraid. As Rika touched her leg on various places Nami's breath kept hitching. "I..." She tried to say something. Her voice was quivering as well. This time for real. "I... I..." Was this promise worth her leg? The thought crossed her mind and she pushed it away immediately. That was not the question Father would like her to ask. She had to follow the words, not question them. That was how it was. "I-I-I'm s-sure." She managed to say after a try or two.

"I think this is enough, Mizukage-sama." Suddenly Tora spoke up and stood up with relative ease before brushing her arm and then brushing the air which previously contained her other arm "I think this proves this is a test all of the genin in the village should go through, to ensure their loyalty. Nami here was risking not being a shinobi anymore for the village." She said and gave the young girl a smile. She then looked at the other man "Next time, try to go a bit easier with the kick. I know you want to make things believeable, but don't go breaking all of the jounin's ribs now." She added with a slight annoyed tone and she placed her hand on her chest.

The young Mizukage let out a sigh and stood upright, giving Nami her personal space back. The man behind her released Tora and made a single handseal, releasing his genjutsu. The arm on the ground vanished and it became evident that Tora was never mutilated. Likewise, the room suddenly grew brighter and larger, revealing that they were actually in the Mizukage's Office. Even the cut on Nami's face was gone. "Perhaps but if we are to do this test we must go all out next time. I'm sorry, but I'm a terrible actress," the Mizukage said, closing her eyes and chuckling. The man behind her wore an ANBU mask, and he moved forward to untie Nami. "If I do this again, I'm going to need to think it a bit more through. It's hard to play the bad guy..." With a grin, the Mizukage walked past Nami and the ANBU and took a seat in her chair behind her desk.

It took Nami a couple of seconds to realize what was going on and then still her hands didn't stop shaking. It was stupid and she tried to stop it by folding them over each other as soon as she was untied. She stared to Tora's existing arm. All a trick. But for what? For a test for the Mizukage or a test for the organisation? Or both? Or the Mizukage was part of the organisation and was trying to help out. Was the ANBU part of it too then? Confused Nami looked back and forth between Rika and Tora. What was she supposed to say now or should she just stay silent? Slowly she rose from her chair - her knees were shaking too. This really had to stop - and made a bow towards the Mizukage. It would not be right to acknowledge the woman now that she had reveiled herself. She was the leader of the village after all.

Looking at Nami and noticing her slightly shaking hands and knees, Tora moved to look at Rika "I think you are right, Mizukage-sama. We should go further with this test, but as a first try, it was already very successful. I think that now I shall go and calm Nami down." She said and gave the Mizukage a deep bow before turning back to Nami and placing a hand on her shoulder, motioning with her head that it was time for them to leave. She had no intention of staying around Rika for longer than she had to, seeing they were done. She gave Nami a reassuring smile and a pat on the shoulder.

"Before you leave..." Rika spoke up again, before motioning for the ANBU to stand to the side. "I would like to give Nami a few words." Her eyes focused back on the genin in the room. Unlike before, the frightening demeanor was entirely gone. Her eyes not only seemed friendly but even inviting. "Next time you find yourself being interrogated, you need to lie better. I could see right through your words. You might want to practice that. And also: don't keep any secrets from me. I shouldn't be interrogating you any time soon..." The woman began chuckling now, covering her mouth with one hand. "But you know what I mean. But please don't go spilling all the secrets on the boys you like or what not. I only meant things related to the security of our village." The Mizukage opened a drawer in her desk and withdrew a coin, before tossing it to Nami. "It's worthless but consider it an apology for my behavior."

Nami didn't understand why the Mizukage was laughing about something that wasn't even remotely close to being funny. The woman was right however. As she caught the coin with both hands and looked at it she realized that indeed she had to learn how to lie better seeing as she hadn't lied. But there was nothing she could do to change it now. "Thank you, Lady Mizukage." She said. Her voice seemed to be back to normal which was good. She didn't want to give the Mizukage the impression that she was weak. "I will do better." She raised her head and looked to the small woman before turning to Tora. Hopefully they could leave now.

Giving Nami a nod which indicated she did good, Tora gave the Mizukage another bow before leading Nami out of the office. Once they were outside, she placed a finger on her mouth to signal to the young girl not to speak until they were outside of the building. A few minutes later, after they stepped outside of the building and were heading further away from the place, she let out a sigh "This was the first test, in case you wondered. It just so happened that the Mizukage looked for something to make sure all of the new and young shinobi are dedicated to the village completely. And I can already tell you that she is not a member, in case you wondered that too. So speaking to her about the organization could be very bad, and I can only assume you understand why." She finished speaking and gave a quick glance at Nami, to ensure the young girl was doing better now.

As soon as they arrived outside Nami's muscles seemed to relax. She hadn't even realized how tense the situation in that room had been until she could see the dark sky again. She nodded along with Tora's words. So two tests in one and she passed both it seemed. That was.... good. Probably. She hadn't spilled anything about anything. "I can imagine why it would be bad." Nami replied. Her eyes shot through the street as if she was expecting people to jump out again. Being surprised like that really had left a mark. "I... Did I do well?" She asked after a short pause.

"You did well. Just so you are aware, most people will not go as far as the Mizukage is willing to go. She is unique in that sense. So you don't need to worry about that." Tora said with a reassuring smile and then looked at the street. It was half empty, so she decided it wouldn't be the best idea to start talking about the next test here "The next test will be tomorrow at two in the afternoon. Meet me at the entrance to Training Field 3, like before. And make sure you are well rested. Encounters like this with the Mizukage could have a bad impact on someone." She added before looking around some more "You can head back home on your own, right?" She asked, just to make sure.

Nami wasn't so sure if she agreed on that with Tora. The Mizukage might be unique, but that still made it something to worry about. That woman was the leader of the their village. That kind of meant that she was a big deal. But Nami was tired and didn't feel like going against the point would make any difference. She didn't have to tell Tora everything she was thinking. "I can. It is not that far from here as you know. I can manage." She said. Frankly it would be nice to be alone now. She had to figure out her own feelings about all of this and then come home with a coherent story of what she had been doing the whole night. "I will see you tomorrow Hatake-san." Nami made a bow towards the woman and turned to the left after assuring Tora was fine with it.

Sending the young girl another smile upon hearing she can manage, Tora couldn't help but wonder a bit how would she manage with the next test "See you tomorrow, Nami-chan." She said and then walked in a different direction, aiming to reach her apartment as quickly as she could.

Without any difficulties Nami reached her home and entered it without making a sound. Her oldest little brother was still awake and came to greet her. She sent him to bed with a few words and set out to find Father. They talked as Nami tried to explain where she had been this night and why she came home this late. With Father satisfied she sought her bed. Much had happened tonight and she was exhausted. The steady breathing of Hotaru next to her did make her calm down a bit, but it took long before the girl managed to sleep in.

That night Nami dreamed of Rika Suzu and the cutting of arms and legs. It was unpleasant for her and for her sister who she kept waking up with her trashing, but it would stay on her mind for a while. Things like that weren't easily forgotten.[/B]

Tora was scretching her arms before leaning on a tree's trunk, with another young woman next to her, sitting on the grass and reading a book. Slowly sliding her back lower against the trunk, Tora would make herself be capable of seeing what was her friend reading before the young woman suddenly closed her book and looked up "She is here." Origami said before standing up and making Tora jump to her feet as well. Both looked at the entrance to the training field, which now looked less like a trainingfield and more like a makeshift ramen stall with 3 people sitting, eating a serving of ramen extremely slowly.

Nami had been jogging through the city. For once Father had let her sleep. Yesterday had been intense after all, and Nami had taken that opportunity to really get some hours in bed. it had been hard, dreams had been haunting her, but eventually she had woken up quite rested. One glance on the clock however had made her get up. Now she was nearly at the field and it was ten to two. She was on time thus which was good. Nami slowed down and steadied her breathing. Her mind couldn't help but try to imagine what the second test would be. Would it be just as intense as the previous one? If so, she would had to steel her mind. she had panicked way too much yesterday. Finally she arrived at the entrance and paused for a second. Why was there a ramen shop there? That hadn't been there before. Nami shot a look around and her eyes found the woman that was testing her on her left. Quickly she walked over to the woman and made a bow. "Hatake-sama, sorry if I kept you waiting." She said glancing up to the other woman while she wondered what she had to do with this. Was she a part of the organisation too?

"It is fine, Nami-chan. We needed to set things up for the test. And if you wondered about the ramen stall, I asked a favor from him to do an outside day. He is unaware this is for the test, and so are the other people." Tora explained and then sent Origami a nod, who went to take a bowl of ramen and then seat in a spot which had a chair from across her. After ensuring that everything was set, she looked back at Nami "Here is your test, and this one is straight forward. You need to get a certain piece of information from the young woman that just stood next to me, but do it without asking directly about it, as it will raise suspicion. You need to get information on her Father's whereabouts. You cannot ask her about her father, mother, or ask where she often goes to. You need to lead her into saying it on her own, and without realising it." She said and then moved to lean against the trunk of the tree behind her once more.

So no, it was definitaly not the same test as yesterday. Way less chance of capture with this. But that didn't make it any easier. Frowning, her mind already racing how she would try this, Nami nodded. "Is there a time limit Hatake-sama? And I am assuming that she knows that she is part of a test considering she was just standing here." Nami said, her eyes on the woman with the ramen.

"The only time limit you have is the one the woman has set before you. Until she finishes her ramen dish. And yes, she is aware, but she does not know what piece of information you need to retieve from her, so you can still be capable of getting it. I would suggest taking a bowl of ramen as well, as simply sitting in a ramen stall will be suspicious. Plus its free, my charge." Tora said and then closed her eyes.

A free bowl of ramen. That was nice at least. But that was clear. Nami nodded again and turned around. With easy steps she walked to the stand and found herself a place next to the woman. She didn't look at her once, but simply waited for the cook to ask for her order. She didn't eat ramen so often so it was actually nice to get to eat it for a change. What should she choose though. Her eyes went over the options. "Huh, what to choose..." She contemplated out loud. Finally she did settle for something. Ramen with shrimp, because you could hardly go wrong with shrimp. Her order was up in a second and carefully Nami picked up her chopsticks. She tried to break them, but they stubbornly refused to come apart it seemed. Suddenly though they shot apart, Nami's arms lashing out, hitting the woman next to her. She gulped and her eyes turned big. "I am so sorry." She said turning to the woman, bowing.

Nami's movements hit Origami's shoulder and made her drop her chopsticks into the bowl of ramen. She sighed for a moment before taking those out and beginning to clean them with a napkin, and then turning to look at the young girl "It's fine. Just be more careful next time. You were lucky nothing spilled on me." She said in a tone that could give shivers to anyone due to not having any emotion in it. She then returned to eating her ramen, not giving another glance to Nami.

Nami only blinked once at the tone of the woman. That was cold really. "I should be more careful." She said as if she hadn't noticed a thing about the way the woman spoke, using the reply that woman gave to give her a reason to respond. "This always happens... And Father always says that I have to watch out. I guess he was right. I should have listened to him or something." Nami stared to her ramen. She mumbled something about how stupid her dad was.

Still not looking in her direction, Origami took another bite of her ramen. She thought about her father for a few moments. He would've probably said something about her needing to be more nice to others. But what was the point if he did the only thing no one should ever do? She finished chewing and let out a small sigh "Your father is right, even if he is stupid. You need to be careful. You should have a good relationship with him, just so you will be ready for anything that might happen." She said, the same empty tone from before still being there.

If anything might happen? Nami didn't frown, but still those words were interesting. Why would someone tell someone else that unless something had "happened" to your own father. Had this woman experienced something bad with her dad? "Hmm." She said. "I guess that makes sense. Especially when you are a ninja. And I mean I do like my dad... He taught me a lot. Kinda everything I know..." Nami pondered about it. It was not a lie. Father really had given her so so much. A new life, a new home, a new purpose. Without Nagi she had been lost, but then there he was, giving her a place to cling to. Absentmindedly she took a bite from her ramen.

Origami closed her eyes for a moment as she took another bite from her ramen. She chewed it slowly and thought for herself about what Nami was doing, talking about her own dad. If it was on purpose, she already made several conclusions as to what Tora might've told her to get out of her, but she wanted to first see if it was on purpose or not. Swallowing, she took a cup of water and drank a bit before placing it down next to the ramen bowl "I didn't mean just because you are a ninja. Sure, that is a factor to take in, but there are a lot more things that could affect him." She said and then took another bite from her ramen.

"Like what?" Nami threw out before seemingly realising that that would be a very rude way to ask a question. But it was too late now anyway so she only added: "miss." to it to at least make it somewhat nicer. How strange it was to talk so impolitely. She really wasn't used to it which was, she realised now, not good. People weren't always polite. They were most of the time but casual conversations, she only had those with her siblings on occassion.

"Like losing his wife, or someone else close to him. That could cause him to..." Origami begun speaking and then took an instant stop. She took a sip from her water and then turned to look at Nami "Cause him to suicide. Or lose himself." She finished speaking and then examined the young girl for a moment, now knowing what it was the young girl was looking to find out from her. She then turned back to her ramen and took another bite, slightly wondering what was the young girl thinking about her.

Nami casted her eyes down at that. She didn't feel really sad about her words, but at least tried to pretend she did. Dead happened and she couldn't see Father falling over stupid things like that. Father didn't have a wife and as far as she knew he didn't particulary care that much about anyone. And he would never take his own life. Not unless it was absolutely necesarry. Slowly Nami started to consume more of her ramen. "Maybe I should pay more attention to him then." She said slowly, her chopsticks floating above the now half empty bowl. She didn't apologize or anything, but was sure to keep her posture small to show that she was insecure.

Nodding while chewing, Origami didn't speak straight away, due to not wanting to appear like she has no manners. She finished chewing and then turned to look at Nami "That was the first right thing you said in this entire conversation. And make sure you always remember that." She spoke in the same, empty tone before taking out her wallet. Her bowl was empty and the only thing that remained for her was her half empty glass of water. She placed her money on the counter for the cook and then took the glass of water, making it appeare as if she was going to finish the water and then be on her way.

Well, that was interesting considering that that last sentence had been a lie. Nami always paid attention to Father. If she didn't, well that could let her lose her head or something. "I will." She said, not getting up. She was going to finish those ramen first. It was free after all. "I will." she muttered again as the woman took out her money. In silence she finished the rest of her ramen.

"Next time you eat at a stall, make sure you know how to seperate your chopsticks with smaller movements. And here." Origami said and left next to Nami's bowl of ramen a small origami bird made from her napkin. She finished drinking her water, got up and then went to stand next to Tora, which made the latter open her eyes and the two begun talking in near silence about something.

Nami eyed the bird. Should she pick it up? It looked harmless really. The woman left before Nami had graced her with a reply which was fine. The bowl was empty now. To wash away the taste Nami also finished her glass of green tea that came standard with the set. Then she sighed and got up. She took the bird with her and did marvel at the craftship of it. When had she folded that, Nami suddenly wondered. With the same light steps she walked back to Tora and waited politely a few steps away until the two women would finish speaking.

Seeing Nami approaching her and Origami, Tora told something to her younger friend and motioned to Nami to approach the two. After the young girl approached them, Tora looked at Origami, who returned a rather blank look "She had approached the subject in question in a rather good manner. She made her first contact appear by complete accident, and then proccedded to talk to me as if nothing happened. However, I never directly mentioned what she was supposed to retrieve. Did you still manage to find out?" The young woman asked in her empty tone and then looked at the young girl, with Tora not saying a word, but simply waiting to hear what Nami had to say.

"I like to think so." Nami replied politely. She coughed and shot one glance at the other woman. "The father of miss here is dead. That means that his whereabouts are probably below the ground or scattered in the wind, but considering our habits in Kirigakure I'd say below the ground. Anyway he is not somewhere where we can talk with him." For a moment she considered apologizing to the woman for the loss of her father, but that felt kind of stupid because she didn't really feel sorry.

Origami nodded "That is correct. Now open the origami bird I gave you. My name is in there. And I need to take my leave, as I have a couple of reports to hand over to Rika first thing in the morning. Good day, Hatake-chan, Nami-chan. And good luck to you." She said before giving a small bow to Tora and then a small nod of her head to Nami before leaving the trainingfield. Tora looked at Nami and then gave the young girl a nod as well "You did well. That young woman over there is the village's Analysis Expert. So getting information out of her won't be a simple task, seeing she will be able to tell more things about you before you could figure out her name alone. I won't be surprised if the origami piece contains more than her name." She said and glanced at the direction of the training field entrance before looking back at the young girl in front of her.

Nami nodded in thanks. Inside she was happy. At least she wasn't completely incompetent. She raised her hand with the origami bird in it and gave it another look as Tora talked. "Thank you, Hatake-sama." She replied as she pried open the bird. In some way that was sad. It was beautifully made. Slowly the note unfolded and it read:

Tsubaki Origami
Father at a Graveyard
Tachibana Nami
Foster Kid, Adopted, cares deeply for her father
Used Lies to get Information

Nami raised her eyebrows slightly at the words. Well, that was interesting, she thought as she read it again. Then she folded it again and put it in her pocket before looking up to Tora again.

"Just so you know, she made the note while still eating the ramen. I think it was when the two of you talked about the reasons you need to make sure you have a good connection with your father or such. I saw that the napkin vanished then. So it must've been around then when she made the note and the origami though, although she could've made the origami bird within seconds, knowing her. She has a real talent with those. But then again, I guess everyone needs to have a hobby. Well, I hope you enjoyed the ramen, because you passed the second test, which means we are going straight to the third test. Just not here. Come." Tora said before beginning to walk into the forest which stood behind her, walking with haste but at a pace so Nami could still catch up with her.

She passed. That was good. She felt slightly proud of herself really, which she quickly shoved away. She shouldn't get cocky. That was a reciepe of disaster. In fact she needed to get even more observant. Tora had noticed more from a distance then she had from up close. "Yes Hatake-sama." She said. With quick steps she followed Tora who disappeared into the woods. She hadn't figured that the third test would be now, but that was okay. She was not unprepared, she was ready. Hopefully.

After walking for over 20 minutes inside the forest, and seemingly getting lost twice, Tora stopped on her tracks. She looked around for a couple of moments, making something sure and then closed her eyes "Nami-chan, come stand in front of me, but be three steps away from me." She said, and then remained quiet as she was waiting to hear the young girl's footsteps.

Nami remained silent as they walked. There was nothing to say really so talking was pointless. Finally they halted. Nami looked around but didn't see anything special. She turned back to Tora who had just given her an unusual order. Still Nami did comply. As Tora said she walked in front of the woman and then took three steps back, still facing her. "Yes Hatake-sama." She said when she was in place.

A moment passed before Tora made a nod with her head and then opened her eyes, looking at Nami with a rather serious look "You have agreed to take tests in order to see if you are capable of joining a certain organization. As a Mentor of the organization, I am one of the few people in charge of recruiting others, so I decided to test you, and you successfully passed both my tests. Now only one remains. This organization requires full loyalty of all its members. Leaving it is not an option. I will now ask you a single question." She said and took a deep breathe before placing her hands together, seemingly getting ready for something.

"Are you willing to serve the organization without asking any questions, and giving your all to it? Are you willing to be completely loyal to the organization, even if it means doing something the Mizukage will tell you is wrong, knowing the organization always does things for a good purpose?"

Nami's posture was straight, almost rigid. So it boiled down to a question of loyality. A question if she could serve an organisation without knowing exactly what it did, or who belonged to it. A question if she could go against the Mizukage herself, who had claimed that she wanted to cut her leg off. The answer came surprisingly easy.

"Yes."

The words were spoken with a calmness, her hands hung motionless next to her, her feet didn't shift in the sand. Yes, she could do that. Yes, she could serve.

Not letting her eyes move, Tora begun forming a long streak of seals "Prepare yourself. Once this starts, you are in." She said in a somewhat dark tone before performing the last hand seal, suddenly moving swiftly ahead and touching Nami's hands with her own. She then closed her eyes and knew what she will hear in mere moments, and hoped they will not attract attention. She was earlier informed by Origami that some of the ANBU are filing in reports to her before going to Rika in her office, which meant there was a much lesser risk of being found, not to mention no one was currently following them due to Rika being completely unaware, luckily for her.

For a second there was nothing. Tora had formed the seals and her hands were touching hers. Nami looked at them, expecting something to happen. And something did happen the second right after the previous one. Someone started screaming. It was loud and piercing and it hurt Nami's ears until she suddenly realized it was she who was screaming. Pain was coursing through her body, filling every inch of it, every viber. It was like the pain was riding through her bloodsteam, reaching even into her little toe. And it hurt. It hurt so much. Nami's knees shook and were unable to support her. She buckled and fell to the ground. She was unaware if she was still screaming or not, or that the whole world was just so loud. Thinking clear was impossible anyway. There was only that pain which seemed to never go away.

Then suddenly only her right foot was burning and the pain slowly dwindled away. As soon as it had appeared it stopped and Nami had to force herself to close her mouth and swallow. She was shaking, her limbs moving uncontrolled back and forth. It took Nami two tries to grab her foot and take of her shoe. On the side a black tattoo had been formed that was now shaping itself into a distinct shape. A Dragon.

"Welcome to the Dragon Lotus. My name is Tora Hatake, and from now on, I am your Mentor. Anything related to the organization, you come to me and only me. You will ask no one else about it, and will only be informed that someone else is an agent at the case it is needed. I will let you know on the organization as time passes by and you show you are indeed truly faithful and trustworthy." Tora's voice was heard, but if Nami looked at her, she will notice that the woman did not move her lips at all "If you attempt to disobey or reveal our presence to anyone, I will be forced to punish you, and if you will not cease afterwards, then I will be forced to excecute you. Am I understood?" Tora's voice was heard once more, sounding just as serious as before, as the woman looked at the young girl who was on the ground, with the Dragon seal on her right foot.

The little girl had a slightly hard time collecting her thoughts after the whole ordeal so at first she hardly registered that Tora was speaking at all. Finally she forced herself to look up to her new Mentor only to frown. How was she hearing her voice? DId the seal allow speech in some kind of mental way? Did that mean Tora could read her mind? Because she didn't want that. Her mind was her own, filled with memories and things that belonged to her and to no one else. She was still sitting on the ground and tried to get her shoe back on. Her hands were still shaking. Finally when Tora finished and her shoe was back in place Nami looked up again and nodded. "Understood Hatake-sama." She said out loud, her voice hoarse. She didn't dare to stand up yet, her legs feeling like they were made of jelly rather than of flesh.

Closing her eyes, she nodded to herself for a moment before opening her eyes and looking at Nami "For someone who just suffered those amounts of pain, you did fairly well. Besides the screaming of course. But, we must be going now. Get up. We need to head back to the training field, which is, in fact, only a couple of minutes away from here. There you could either rest, or go back home. Like I have told you when I first explained about this, you cannot talk about this organization with anyone but me, unless I have specifically told you to talk with someone else. And yes, you can communicate through use of what you just gained. You need to think about the person you wish to contact, but you must not use this just anywhere. Only when I tell you that you are able to use it." Tora spoke to the young girl through the seal once more and then looked around "Come on. I'm sure that by now someone is heading towards here because of your scream. We need to hurry." She said properly, and offered her hand to help Nami get up.

Nami nodded and nodded again to signal that she understood Hatake-sama's words. Gladly she accepted that hand that was offered to her. It was not the time to have a lot of pride. She had caused problems by screaming so she should make sure to get away and not make more trouble. With the help of Tora's hand Nami got up. Her stance was unsteady for a second but she forced herself to move. "I'm sorry for screaming Hatake-sama. And I will not use it unless you tell me to." She said as she started walking. For a moment she was silent and then she asked, sounding slightly fearful: "What would happen might I say anything about it? Will my tongue freeze, my head explode?"

Tora did not reply as she kept walking in a rather fast manner. She had no intention of repeating what she already explained to her. After a couple of minutes they arrived at the training field, which still had the ramen place and people eating, but now the ramen place owner was slightly more worried due to the scream. After going and reassuring him that everything will be fine and that a couple of jounins were sent to see what happened, she managed to spot something in the shadows of a tree, which indicated that an ANBU was now watching her. She turned to look at Nami, motioning to her to come with her as she went and left the training field. She was starting to think about the first plans she could use Nami for, but then decided to leave them as thoughts and nothing more.

After they walked a couple more minutes, with Tora keeping her silence, she turned to look at Nami "Go home. We are done for today. I'll talk to you about when we will have our next session the moment I can. Good day, Nami-chan." She said before turning and beginning to walk away from the girl, intending to go to the Mizukage's office building and check something.

Tora didn't reply so Nami concluded that the only restrains there were were the ones that Tora already mentioned. Tora would know if she talked and she would punish her. So she would not talk. Not that she had been planning to. After all, that was the point. Wearing the same silence Nami followed her mentor until she halted and told her to go. She nodded and bowed before the woman. "Yes, Hatake-sama." She said, repeating again what she had said so many times before. "Good day to you too." With that she turned around with started to make her way home. Her pace was slower than normal, but she just pretended to stroll around, looking at the shops along the way. As she came home and closed the door behind her she knew she would sleep wearing socks tonight.

Reaching the Mizukage's office, Tora quickly went to a small office on the ground floor and entered it, closing the door behind her. This made Origami turn to look at her 'What is the matter, Tora-ch-" She didn't get to finish her sentence as the older woman quickly silenced her with a whistle and waited until she heard a couple of footsteps passing by. She waited another moment, and then noticed Origami offered her a panther origami, which she accepted but still looked slightly nervous "I think we will need to get ready, With the way things went today..." She then silently looked at Origami, who only nodded, understanding. She proccedded to close a report and then both got up and got out of the office, hoping everything will be well.

Reactions: Nim
Team 3, orange
Riku felt a little better about telling them his....Unique situation, when Satoshi approved saying he was brave for doing so. That was until Hanako asked if Kyo was dangerous, looking at her he could tell she was uneasy about it. 'Great....' Sighing softly, he was about to tell her that Kyo had a temper but knew when to be quiet, but she was already gone. Riku watched for a moment as his new teammate took on the course without any hesitation.

Grinning he tightens the gloves on his hands before running after Hanako. He had to give her credit, she was fast, but he had a feeling he had superiority in brute strength. By about halfway up the hill, Riku started jogging so he didnt wear himself out. Until Hanako, already at the top, called after him. Not one to be left behind, Riku speeds up, using the strength in his legs to his advantage as he takes longer strides. By the time he gets up to the top with Hanako hes a bit breathless. Wiping a few beads of sweat from his brow, he looks to the net they now had to crouch under. "Jeeze, Sensei doesnt mess around huh?" He comments, but his eyes were bright, he was having fun.

Crouching beneath the net Riku starts to half walk, half shimmy across. Occasionally his spike chestnut hair would catch in the net causing a frustrated grumble to come from as he stops to untangle it.

Nazari Sutā
Jounin-Sensei, Ame Team 15

Nazari started moving away from Kazen the moment she began to explain the game to them and was dissapointed to see how her genin were reacting to the game. Though she didn't have much time to think about her dissapointment due to how fast Kazen was coming at her. She began to run herself and darted around the field avoiding Kazen narrowly each time and to her pleasant surprise, it was kind of fun.

Her fun didn't last long, she caught Mitsunari performing some hand seals behind his back and she immediately halted with a displeased look on her face. The rules were clear, no Jutsu or technique. And yet here he was using a jutsu or technique. She narrowed her eyes at him and then began to approach him, she was not happy.
"Mitsunari, perhaps you would like to restate one of the rules for everyone? Shinra! Come here for a moment please, it seems that Mitsunari is a bit confused on the rules for this round. Would you be so kind and clarify the rules, please? And Akihiko, you might as well join us over here, I would like it if you told me why you are all failing this round," Nazari ordered. No one was going to be left out, there was no better to teach them about following orders then to make them all take the hit for Mitsunari.

"I suppose it is a good thing that most of you need to work on your physical prowess, so once everyone is done clarifying and stating what went wrong, Shinra and Mitsunari I want you to run a lap. Akihiko, I want you to control the pace of the lap. And just in case I wasn't clear on anything, you all failed this round," Nazari said tightly. She looked to Kazen and then back to them, she could tell she was unhappy with everyone passing the first exercise. Hopefully this made her a bit happier and more accepting of them passing the first exercise.

Hoshi Miwa and Yoshikuni Sadako, Purple
A Way to Ease a Troubled Mind
Somewhere in Amegakure

With the festival in honour of the new empire going on and most of the civilians and shinobi attending, be it by guarding or enjoying their time. She had ensured that everything else was going well, which meant that she could finally relax a bit herself. Wondering how Ryoku and Eiji are spending their time in the new Palace, she closed her eyes and allowed her mind to drift away a bit, knowing that if anything happened she will be notified within seconds.

"Hoshi? Can I enter?" A voice suddenly asked from the other side of her office door. Opening her eyes and getting up, Hoshi went and opened the door herself "Hey Mei. Come in." She told her younger sister and cleared the way, allowing her to get inside. Mei appeared to be slightly troubled and worried "Sit down and relax a bit. This is a time for celebrating, not for wo-"

"How can I allow myself to relax sis, how? My best friend has been in a hospital bed in a coma ever since the Yonbi attack! The doctors keep telling me that the fact she reacts to noise and such is a good sign, but its been over a month now! How can I not worry?" Mei suddenly shouted at Hoshi before sitting down at one of the chairs. Hoshi sighed before approaching her sister, kneeling in front of her and placing a hand on her shoulder "I cannot tell you Naoko will be the same when she comes out of the coma, but the doctors have told me she will get out of it, with her strong vitals and small reactions confirming it. So just hang in there. Perhaps in the meanwhile you can go spend time with Yosh-"

Mei gave Hoshi a look that felt as if her younger sister just placed a knife to her throat and warned her not to finish saying the name. Hoshi gave her a stern look in return and stood up "With Yoshikuni. I believe that with Eiji out of town she will be glad to have someone else to spend time with." She finished her sentence before Mei let out a fake laugh "I can't go spend time with someone who has the reason my best friend is in a coma within them. Not yet. I've tried merely looking at her from the distance and all I saw was the Yonbi."

Hearing her younger sister's answer, Hoshi merely went and looked outside the window "Well, you have many other friends. She has none. Did you know that? And ever since the sealing, I've been hearing people not wanting to let their kids or relatives near her, as they do not believe they can trust her. So her chances of making new friends also became even more slim." She said in a serious tone, and Mei didn't respond.

There was silence in the office for about a minute before an ANBU suddenly appeared just behind Hoshi "Excuse me, Hoshi-sama. With the Amekage and his assistant out, I was informed you are the one incharge of Amegakure. I have a report regarding the Jinchuuriki." He said and waited until Hoshi marked to him with a nod thats correct "There is still a couple of ANBU watching over her location, but we saw that she left a situation which may have made her emotional state bad. How do you want us to proceed?" He asked, and Hoshi turned to look at him "Lead me to her. I'll take care of this myself."

"Wait, Hoshi, don't you need to stay here in case anything ha-" "If anything happens, I have Hotori who can quickly track me down and inform me." Hoshi interrupted her sister's question and motioned to the own, who was overlooking the entire conversation from the top of one of the bookshelves. Mei lowered her head before the ANBU quickly left the office with Hoshi following him.

After a couple of minutes of jumping between the roofs, Hoshi landed on a building which was across from where Kuni was at. She could see what the ANBU meant, the young girl looked like she was deeply depressed. The ANBU looked at her for a moment before turning away "Me and the other two ANBU are watching over her at the case anything happens. Good luck, Hoshi-sama." The ANBU quickly said before vanishing out of her sight. Hoshi then went and jumped across, landing just a small distance away from Yoshikuni. She approached the young girl as quietly as she could before moving to sit next to her.

"Go away." Was suddenly heard from Kuni, who had her head against her knees, making it impossible to see what kind of expression the young girl had. Hoshi didn't move an inch and waited in silence "I said go away." Kuni repeated herself, but Hoshi still didn't respond.

Now Kuni raised her head and looked at Hoshi. At first it appeared she was surprised for a second, but then the expression changed into an irritated one "Why won't you just go away and leave me alone!" The young girl shouted, letting go of her knees and seemingly got ready to begin punching the Jounin Commander, but didn't get the chance to even act as Hoshi's arms went around her head.

Hoshi hugged Kuni tightly, making the young girl wonder what just happened. But a couple of seconds later, tears begun flowing across her face, and it appeared that was the trigger for her emotional outburst "I-I-I can't believe people actually think these stuff about me... I was beginning to think I was left here to be alone... Even Mei doesn't want to see me." Kuni whispered beneath her tears that kept on flowing.

"Shhh now. You are not alone, no matter what others may think of you. Eiji will never let you be alone, and neither will I. You are in a bad place now, but you will recover. You're a strong girl, and it's one of the reasons Ryoku chose you to be the Jinchuuriki. You will make everyone in the village swallow their words and prove to them you are more than capable of being a good Jinchuuriki, and one who will protect them the best way she can."

After speaking, Hoshi let go of Kuni, who moved to wipe the tears away. She looked at Hoshi for a moment before gaining a slightly confused expression "Did you really come here just to make my worries go away?" She asked, and Hoshi nodded, raising her hand with 2 fingers sticking out, making Kuni wonder what the woman is about to say "I did it for two reasons. One is that being the Jinchuuriki, we always need to ensure you are fine. The second is that if I let you become an emotional mess, Eiji will never forgive me." She said, and Kuni laughed a bit.

"Now then, Yoshikuni-""It's Kuni.""I am aware that you have a couple of new teammates. Seeing Eiji isnt around, how about you go and formally welcome them, as the veteran student of Eiji and senior shinobi?" She asked, and Kuni thought about it for a moment before standing up "I'll do it! Wait, did you just call me old?" The younger girl asked before Hoshi stood up as well. Before being able to reply, Kuni stuck out her tongue at Hoshi and then took off, running down the building wall and vanishing from her sight. Sighing to herself, Hoshi smiled a bit and looked up at the sky, hoping she won't need to start doing this on a daily basis.

The King's Punishment

Mitsunari Takeda, The Hidden Rain

Mitsunari had a priceless 'oh crap' expression on his face. How the hell had she seen him doing his signs in his hiding place? He'd made it through the Thought Reader Technique4, Akihiko would feel it, but hadn't finished the Transformation Jutsu. But he was starting to feel annoyed. A game of freeze tag, running laps, various other things, Kazen-sensei forgetting genjutsu, 4him being punished for using jutsu, even worse, his teammates also. Not that he cared about them in the least, but the image of other falling for the mistake of the Takeda, that he couldn't take

Would he repeat the rules? Sure he would.

"Yes, a Ninja sees under the underneath. A shinobi does not have emotions. Anything to fulfill the objective. These are the rules, aren't they?"

He shook his head.

"I don't see the point in it all, you already know without my jutsu, I don't have anything for combat. I am not a freaking Taijutsu user!"

That burned more than anything else he'd ever said to admit. Now with his jutsu, he was the bes, who else could read a mind... but what did they want from him!?4 His face was red, but refused to show anything beyond that. Again, he would be punished for specializing in something other than Taijutsu. Why would he want that? Taijutsu left people hurt and broken, you, or your enemy, or both. Genjutsu, nobody had to end up in the hospital. Genjutsu he could prove he was king without inflicting wounds on someone, leaving someone like his mother, or his father. He could prove himself if anyone would freaking let him

"I don't see the point of this. Teamwork wouldn't have worked, I already know Kazen-sensei's speed is much higher than any of ours, your the only one who stands more than a sliver of a chance, but she's faster, I know pride when I see it. We couldn't outrun you. If you can see me doing handsigns while hiding, behind my back, then hiding was worthless in the first place. I don't know why I even tried, I should have just given up at the start, that way, no punishment for the attempt. But if there's punishment, why would you throw it to all of us for what I did? That would stain the Takeda honor for that to stand! I'd run 10 laps before that happens!"

His lungs already hurt, he wasn't sure he could, but for his pride, and for the Takeda, he couldn't just let it be blemished. Though his pride was really what he cared about. He hated these two instructors so far. He wanted to fight them, but that'd be as useless.

Nazari Sutā
Jounin Sensei, Ame Team 15

"Pointless you say? Alright then, we won't continue with this game," Nazari said. In the next second, she had Mitsunari tightly by his forearm and she took out a kunai. "However, you are now captured and unless your team along with Kazen-Sensei can work against me to free you effectively then after 10 minutes of being my hostage the punishment stands for everyone. If they are able to free you, then only you take the punishment before we move on, clear? And if you complain, you shorten the time they have," she said. Nazari pressed the kunai to his throat but not hard enough to really hurt him, it would only sting a bit. Though, she needed to put distance between them and with a swift kick to the legs she knocked Mitsunari down and half drug him away roughly.

"Time has already started," Nazari said sharply. She of course would use her Jutsu as she never said no one could in this activity, with one hand she performed the water clone jutsu and two appeared next to her. One took Mitsunari from her and the other stood in front of him with a kunai against his neck. The real one fingered her flute before playing a few notes that lingered in the air, it was already dark but everyone who had heard the notes would soon feel like they were being watched.

Yogiri Himura – Amegakure Festival
The festival was the best thing to ever happen! Not because of what it was actually for, peace or whatever, but because of the food. It was so delicious! Some of the best Yogiri had ever tasted! Stuffing her face with dumplings she wasn't focused on the way she ate — Like a pig — as her mind was focused on where her next visit would be. She thought about retracing her steps, to get some more Soba, possibly Udon! She gave a few seconds, thinking it over.

Picking up her Dango, her hand gently held the stick as she slid a piece of Dango off with her lips, popping it into her mouth. Turning to walk off, she suddenly halted once she saw the boy beside her. She almost bumped into him. He asked if she was, well, her…and informed her that he was her new teammate. She stared at him, noticing the neutral but slightly nervous tone. She gave a few chews before swallowing, giving a smile while holding her hand out. "Hi Yuki, I'm Yogiri! But, uh--I guess you kind of knew that already?"

She gave a small tilt to her head before it went back to a normal position. She held her Dango out, "Dango, new teammate?"

Satoshi Jun, lightsalmon
Satoshi Jun
Kumogakure Jounin | Team 3

Satoshi wanted to assure his newest and current only genin that he shouldn't worry. Of course, Satoshi understood the question of Hanake, but he saw it different. The boy had already made a leap with telling them open about it, but to continue to drive on it on the first day could create a backlashing effect. Satoshi wasn't planning on being too soft on the new genin, but he wanted to give him a lesser harsh time than he would give Hanake. There was after all a big difference between the responsibilities of a chuunin and a genin. With Hanake on her way, Satoshi was glad that Riku followed suit. Sighing, he noticed that at least that there was nothing wrong with the boy's spirit. Though he was still pondering on the second personality and thinking how he could take note of that for later date, Satoshi heard an unfamiliar sound.

Turning around, his students would be too busy, while a raven approached Satoshi. Though he looked calm, Satoshi didn't suspect good news. Offering his left, raising it up so that the raven could land on his arm, he took the small tone tied to a leg. Mumbling a thanks, the raven would return to his post. Reading the note, Satoshi's mood turned grim. ''Of all the times, now?'' He softly whispered, mentally cringing and groaning. He was proud that his older brother had managed to become the Jounin commander, even with the recent unrest and worries, but he hadn't expect this.

Running a hand through his hair, Satoshi thought quickly about the whole situation. To be selected to help and be part of such operation wouldn't be something he couldn't say no against. Duty was after all important, but he couldn't let his own family and best friend just march alone to face danger. Trying to see how his students were doing, Satoshi thought how he would inform them. Hanake was a chuunin, but even he doubted she would be ready for what they would get as first mission or operation. ''My luck.. I wonder where it is these days.'' He muttered to himself.

Akihiko Ken
Team 15
Training Field 5, Ame

These people were getting far too emotional and Akihiko wasn't built for those kinds of emotive outbursts. If only more people were like him and kept their emotions bottled up inside. Well at least he got something out of other people's emotive turmoil. He had proven it to be a fact that people bared their souls when they were overcome by emotions. Mitsunari had revealed his lack of talent for taijutsu in his frustration and Akihiko had every intention of exploiting that weakness. He didn't normally plot for the destruction of other's. Nor did he spend time harbouring animosity. But one thing was sure, in this moment, he had developed a strong dislike for Mitsunari. He had done the one thing that was unforgivable, and that was entering Akihiko's mind. His mind was the one place he valued more than anything else, the only place he felt secure and at peace. When people were as lost in their own consciousness as he was it was pretty easy to pick up on when you weren't alone in there. He decided that the best way to put Mitsunari in his place was to exploit his inferiority and humiliate him, and Akihiko would spring at the first chance he got. He jumped down from the tree he still occupied and made his way over to his team as Nazari-sensei 'captured ' Mitsunari. The aim of this new task was to work together and free him. Free the loud-mouth and make him run laps for us? no objection on my part. He was as ready as he would ever be. What was more pleasing than anything else was that they would be able to use jutsu. Maybe it was even a chance to use his kekkei genkai. He would need to start practicing eventually. He had neglected his birth-gift for far too long. He glanced at Kazen-sensei. She would more than likely want to call the shots on this one, and he was more than willing to follow her, if it meant victory and the chance to see Mitsunari squirm while doing more laps.

Last edited by a moderator:
S Ō H A - G E N I N, #808080
With: Team Dai (12)​

The house, or atleast a few parts of it were coming along nice. They were trying their best to help the villagers, or offer their services. Heeding their senpai's words, they kept it going. Hammering down a few nails through the wall and the planks to keep it together. On his end, things were going smoothly. It reminded him about his own house. He had some experience in this, but it revolved more around painting. However, he had a general idea about what went were.

He kept on hammering but stopped in his tracks. Glancing to his side he noticed how the bucket filled with nails and neccessary materials were almost dropped down on the floor, dragging Naname's body down. 'There's a trick to that, Naname..' He thought to himself, though noted that the fellow genin felt embarrassed. Once she approached him and Shika-chan. Sōha expressed a gentle smile.

He did not feel the need to mention or ease her mind. She was a genin like him, she could handle herself. Nodding towards the wall next to him, he spoke up. "Naname, you can start hammering away there. I've set the planks up so all you need is to grab the nails from the bucket you brought and start." He suggested.

"And likewise.. Our senpai certainly chose the right task for us to bond as a team." He slightly joked, before looking past Naname, noting Shika-chan, and how she was confused about the use of hammer. He could see that she wasn't holding it right.

"A sec..." He quickly said, before placing his hammer down by the bucket Naname brought. Walking over to Shika-chan, he decided to give her some advice, and to show her how its held. "You're not holding it right..." He stated, before gazing at her, followed by Sōha diverting his attention towards the wall she was about to use the hammer against.

"Give me the hammer for a second, Shika-chan... Is it alright if I call you Shika-chan?" He gave her a shoujo honorific, hoping he wasn't stepping over any limits. Once she gave him the hammer, he pretty much held it upright. With a steady grip. He held the nail from its pointy end.

"I have some fairly good idea about how this is done so... Hold your hammer with a firm grip. Use the momentum to hit the nail. It can be fast, or even slow, just to be safe." He kindly smiled, before continuing. "Make sure you hold the nail like this.. Almost by the pointy end. Use your index finger and your thumb. And if you're afraid that you might unintentionally lose your balance and hit the thumb instead, start very slow, and follow the pace until you feel like having good control. Not only that, after a few hits, the nail should be deeper inside, and you wont have to hold it anymore. Safe and sound.." He simply explained. Hoping Shika-chan understood what he meant.

"Alright, now give it a try.. And I'll do mine.." He finished, before giving her the nail and the hammer, followed by him moving back where he originally was, by his own plank, with his own hammer and nails.

S H I N R A - G E N I N, #00ccff
With: Team Sutā (15)​

Honestly, she was somewhat embarrassed, though didn't utter a single thing. They had completely misunderstood the game; Freeze Tag, but she felt that the explanation was not that thorough. Once she was called back, along with Akihiko who came just before her. She noted Mitsunari disagreeing with Sutā-sensei. She was not in the right to say anything, even if it was first stated that they'd have to run a lap again, because of Mitsunari. She felt that Mitsunari had ended up in the same position as herself earlier.

Keeping her mouth shut for the moment, the plans changed. And the cocky attitude from Mitsunari did not help the team, and it only made things worse. 'Yikes....!" The intimidating approach by Sutā-sensei was quite surprising, and even how she held her kunai against his throat.

Shinra had no idea that this would happen. Mitsunari already made a bad impression earlier, and judging by what he said, he only thought about himself. It felt as if an egoistical couldn't accept that he was in the wrong. Despite that, the team now had to work along with Kazen-sensei to help Mitsunari escape from the clutches of Sutā-sensei. She was about to frown, due to his teammates attitude. She glanced over at the rest and kept quiet, but could see that Akihiko was not thrilled.

One thing to note was that Shinra felt that she couldn't trust someone like that, who easily tapped into Akihiko's mind with his special jutsu. If anything, sharing secrets or being open with someone like that would perhaps not bode well for the one who shares. Even so, their objective was to work as a team, though without Mitsunari, who they had to help. Since Kazen-sensei was to help in this matter, she decided to let her take the point. "Kazen-sensei.. How should we approach this. Any ideas?" She posed a question. Composed as ever, she was wondering what kind of a strategy they would utilize. Perhaps her own Kekkei Genkai could become handy here.

Reactions: ≈Evërlastiπg≈
Kirine - Genin, crimson
Amegakure - Festival

Hands behind her head, Kirine was idly walking around passing stall by stall with a somewhat down expression. She was having fun surely, but she was looking forward to meeting her new team. Seeing how her leader had gone off somewhere and having not officially met her own teammates, trying to find them would be a drag. "Haaahn~... Shinra-senpai~.. I wonder how you're fairing with your own team.." Kirine thought aloud, her arms dropping back down as she slightly adjusts her jacket, the crest of her clan sitting clearly on the back, right in-between her shoulder blades. She was an Azuha and she carried that fact willingly, but the sad truth is that plenty in her clan wants nothing to do with her. Seen as an outcast just for being born practically, but that didn't stop her from moving forward. She still found ways to be happy, even through their spite. Hell, she put up her hair in a unique way to stand out even more just to spite them back, with plenty of them having their hair down. She even considered dying it at some point - Maybe she would someday.

As her self-reminiscing thoughts cleared away, Kirine shook her head as she patted her cheeks twice with her hands, "Come on Kiri.. Enough of that. If I can't see my teammates or my Sensei, I can just enjoy the festival. So.. Why not?.. Right?" Standing in place now, a hand on her hip, Kirine huffed out once before looking between stalls, grinning lightly as she approached one preparing ramen. The smell enticing enough to emit a growl from her stomach, she wiped away a sliver of saliva that was embarrassingly forming by the curl of her lip. Clearing her throat, she pushed away the curtain as she walked in smiling. Taking a seat, she looked to the cook and waved, "I'll have a bowl please, it smells really good."

Reactions: Akashi
Kaya Irozaki
Kumogakure genin,
Team 13.

Though she wanted to frown, Kaya stared at her team members. Wasn't it bad enough that she was in the same team as Midori Sato, who was nothing more than a vessel for the Hachibi and a danger in Kaya's eyes as she had seen or not experienced any proof that a girl could tame a Tailed Beast. Thinking quickly about it, the thought made no sense to Kaya. If Tailed Beasts were rumoured to be huge weapons and creatures of mass destruction, how could a young teen like Midori tame such a thing then?

"Kaya Irozaki? It is... nice... to meet you. My name is Reyna."

Sure, Kaya thought as she would reply. "Yes, pleasure to meet you too Reyna." Kaya said with a more neutral tone. She wasn't sure what to think of Reyna and decided to keep her distance from that girl as well. What was that a kind of way to introduce yourself to your new team member? Mentally Kaya started to puff and sigh. The start was already so bad that she suspected it wouldn't be able to go downhill from this point. If it could, then it would probably be because either Midori would go on a rampage due the Hachibi in her or be it a possible ambush.

Following the group, Kaya tried to stay more at the back of the group. It seemed that they had a sort of urgent mission if an introduction wasn't really made. Not that Kaya was too bothered with it. Who in Kumogakure hadn't learn about Midori Sato? And Reyna hadn't given the best first impression, so Kaya wasn't sure if she wanted to learn more about Reyna. And that little girl? Kaya tried to think about something to keep her mind occupied. For a moment Kaya's face moved almost in a scowl as she realized who's order she was following, but she decided to keep her mouth closed. Perhaps this would be just something temporary?

Though....

That could be a bad thing.
For her.

Saki Yamanaka, teal
Saki's training
Konoha chuunin, team 7

Lowering the bow, Saki glanced at the targets. She had enjoyed the time at the festival, but decided to pay also focus to her own training. She had headed home to retrieve her gear, in order that she could try to keep honing her skill. After a short and simple throwing kunai and shuriken practice, she decided to hone her skills with her bow further.

There were several targets, set on different ranges. Like usual, Saki didn't use any sort of normal or altered arrows. It was a training to improve her accuracy. Unlike a regular fight where she would try to get in a good position, to get a place where she would pin or shoot down a target, Saki didn't try to make it more difficult today. At some times she did, but she found it also relaxing to just do it in a more relaxed manner.

Looking at the targets, she formed a simple arrow, made from chakra, as she notched it on the string of her bow. With no effort, she pulled the string back as she raised the bow. Keeping her breathing controlled, she closed her left eye as she aimed the weapon. A moment of silence passed before her fingers would unleash the string. With a sort of deadly grace, the projectile would fly towards one of the targets and impale the dummy at it's chest. The wood trembled for several moments after the chakra made arrow pierced it. A few seconds later the chakra arrow vanished and Saki sighed.

Repeating the process, she also briefly thought about some other things. She wondered for a brief moment about the past. Before she had been serving in a Team Zero, but back in the days when she had been a genin and inexperienced chuunin. For some reason she kept thinking back now and then whenever she was trying to empty her mind while she was 'taking it easy' like this.

After a few hits, the dummy fell on its back. Lowering the bow, Saki felt bad for a moment. The wood couldn't endure an endless rain of her arrows as she just saw. But walking towards the fallen dummy, she couldn't help but to smile for a moment. It had something ironic. Standing still near the dummy, she stared at the object. Stretching her arm out, she realized why she found it ironic. Having pity with a dummy, she couldn't think of something more ironic if she considered her past.

Midori Sato, yellowgreen
Team 13 | Nearing the Border​

If Midori was bothered by the fact that Kaya didn't reply to her welcome, she didn't show it. And if she was bothered by the fact that the girl never spoke a word to her and didn't dare to come close, then she didn't show it. If Kaya didn't want to become close it suited Midori just fine. Kaya was Deidara's replacement, but she was never going to be and thus Midori didn't really want to talk to her. That was probably unfair and unkind, but really with all the stuff that had been going on, Midori didn't feel like forcing her to say anything else she didn't believe in.

So she kept her distance from the new girl. If Reyna wanted to talk to her, she could go ahead. Was probably for the better 'cause they needed to figure out what this Kaya could do. Now, of course, Midori had read her file. The fact that she had been allowed to do that still went over her head. She felt old. Either way, she had read the file and she knew what Kaya was capable off. On paper. Midori found it hard to judge someone from a piece of paper and would much rather prefer talking to the girl and asking her what she could do, but that meant actively acknowledging the fact that the girl was here and would stay here, and she didn't want that either. So she kept her mouth shut.

Their travels seemed to go without trouble. There was no attack in the Land of Lightning and soon they were reaching the border of their land and the Land of Fire. Midori's attention tightened. There were supposed to be Konoha shinobi around here. For some reason, her hand had to touch the blade on her back for a moment. If everything had been okay, Ryo could have been here to pick her up and she would have been so happy. But that wouldn't happen. Not ever. Because Ryo was dead.

Akira had long since stopped sobbing, but neither had been chatting much. Midori suspected that Akira still found her stupid, and she had the right to. To make traveling faster she had hoisted the girl on her back, but now she slowly put the girl down and halted on the designated meeting point. "We should be encountering Konoha shinobi any second now." She finally spoke to her "team." It didn't feel like a team. It felt like a random group of people. "They will escort us further, but don't let your guard down in the Land of Fire. We are still in charge of this mission."

Nami Tachibana, gold
Team 2 | Kirigakure

The message was short, but clear. Nami gave the small piece of paper that Father had just handed her another look as if she expected more words to pop up. But the message stayed the same. She had no doubt that Father had read it as well. He had, after all, given it to her. Besides he read all the letters that arrived at the house.

"I suggest you start packing. I'll finish the kitchen."

Nami nodded quietly and placed the pan she had been holding down in the sink. Quickly she dried her hands on her apron, pulled the apron over her head and hung in on there designated hook beside the fridge. Then she ran upstairs, taking the steps with two at the time. Father was still mad. She knew it. She could feel his disapprovement whenever he looked at her. And she felt bad for that. The first meeting with her sensei and team had been a disaster. She had failed and the teacher had been mad. That was not what was supposed to have happened. She had the skills, she would have been able to fulfill the test if her teammembers had worked with her. Nami's jaw set. That stupid Kichiro had messed everything up and had earned her a painful cheek.

Within a minute Nami had her gear and was ready to go. She thundered down the stairs again where Father was waiting for her.

"I expect you to do better this time." He said, completely unnecessary because Nami was already planning that. Still the words made her wince and she looked down to her feet. Father followed her gaze. "Nami?"

"Yes, Father. I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to disappoint you. I mean, I am really trying my best. It is the least I can do after all..."

Father placed a hand on her shoulder and surprised Nami looked up to him. He was smiling. It was the smile that was only for her, he had told her once when she was smaller. "I'm sure, you'll do great." He squeezed her shoulder just a bit too tight, but Nami smiled back. Father still had faith in her, so she would have faith in herself.

Five minutes later she was on her way to the field. Ten minutes later she arrived only to find a sleepy sensei already present. Slowly she walked forwards. "Sensei?' she asked carefully as she walked closer towards him.

Last edited by a moderator: