• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Nervani Chisu
Training Field, Kumogakure
Nervani flinched as the sparrow that had just recently landed on the branch was now soaring towards her, she was relieved to see that it stopped short of her and focused on wnat it had to say. Her Sensei was busy with something? Why is my Sensei too busy? Does she think I'm not worth her attention, even though she did send someone here to work on with me....

"Does she even know who I am? If she is too busy then why is she a Jounin Sensei at all then,"
Nervani asked sharply. Her Sensei not being here stung and it angered her, this 'Lady Asami' didn't even have time to be here. There was no reason for her absense, she had an obligation to her students and just sending a sparrow to train her was kind of insulting. "Until I see her, this Lady Asami, you are my Sensei. Michi-Sensei, what are we doing today?" Vani asked. Underneath her anger was depression, she felt bad and scared of what her Sensei's absense meant. Maybe something really is wrong that required her to be else where....

Hoshi Miwa, #8800FF
Amekage Office building, Amegakure

Hoshi's office

After getting back to her office, Hoshi sat down and looked at a couple of notes on her table. She wanted the festival to go on for at least 2 more days, so people will be able to try out all of the things and that everyone will get a chance to do so. She then picked one up which had a small note regarding the festival. She turned to look at the owl on top of the bookshelf and did a small whistle, which caught the owl's attention.

"I need you to go find Sho Deshuga, Rini Yoto and Kirine Azuha. Tell them to come to my office within 30 minutes exactly, as I have an assignment for their team." Hoshi said, and Hotori jumped from the bookshelf to her desk. The owl waited there for a moment as Hoshi got up and opened the window for it, and an instant after the owl was going, heading out to deliver the message to the three members of Team Ryoku.

Hoshi then went and sat back down in her chair, picking up the second note and thinking on who she should send to do that assignment.

Yoshikuni Sadako, #1589FF
Festival area, Amegakure

After the little talk from Hoshi cheered her up and gave her something to do, Kuni made her way back towards the festival area. Luckily for her, the people who previously surrounded her were gone by now, and the boy who previously threw the tomatos at her was also gone. She then looked down at her shirt and realised she had tomato stains on them. Sighing due to the fact there was nothing she could do within an instant, she started walking through the festival.

After a few minutes she found her teammates. Their names were Yogiri and Yuki, according to what Eiji told her before he left for the palace thing. She approached the two from behind silently and then stopped a few meters behind them. Her first instinct was to try and surprise them, but she realised that doing so will only add to the bad things people think of her. She needed to approach them in a proper way. Taking a deep breathe, she went and walked until she stood next to Yuki and Yogiri

"Hey there. Yuki and Yogiri, right? I'm Yoshikuni Sadako, your teammate in Team 11, or Team Eiji. It's nice to meet the two of you." She said with a gentle smile "You can call me Kuni, as I somewhat dislike being called Yoshikuni. Makes me feel like I'm boy." She said in a calm tone and looked at the dangoos Yogiri just offered Yuki and shook her head before Yogiri will offer her anything.

The First and Last Dance, olive
At the Palace

A collab between Lesli and Fieryfly

Summary:
Hisoka asks Meisa for a dance and reveals something about his future with Harumi.​

So many people wanted to talk to him, Hisoka was already tired before the whole party had really started. Everyone had their own little thing to say, their own little opinion to share. Hisoka remained calm, he remained patient and he tried to remain smiling. On occasion his eyes went back to his father. He hoped sincerely that he hadn't given Kiyomi too much of a hard time. He should probably talk about Shozo with her later, but ever since the "incident', as Hisoka now liked to call it, Kiyomi had been shunning him. It was partly his fault, of course, but he was not going to apologize for something she had demanded from him.

The music started.

Hisoka breathed out. If the people were dancing they could stop bothering him. He rubbed his eyes and streightened his back. Craning his head he looked around for the woman he had not yet been able to find in this mess of people. He really had to see her before... before... he had to see Harumi.

Using her skill to remain at the background came in handy. Sure, on occassion there was somebody interested to talk to the humble assistant of the Hokage and member of the regency council. With staying polite and now and then acting shy, Meisa managed to walk around without many pestering her with the formal or curious conversations. She didn't feel that at home among the clan leaders, but more because she had the desire to remain in the shadows. It had been interesting to remain in the shadows of Kiyomi for some time, but Meisa knew that she had to show her face or else people could always start to assume the wrong kind of things. Heading to the long table, with all the beverages and food, Meisa sighed. Picking up a glass, Meisa carefully started to fill it with wine. It tasted good, but it didn't really made her that much happier.

Finally. Hisoka was moving before he even noticed it himself. For once he was glad that the people went out of his way as he walked 'cause that meant he was able to reach the long table rather quickly. His eyes shot around again as they had done a million times already this night. "Are you happy with the selection of wine?" He asked Meisa as he arrived next to her. His hand reached out to grab a glass himself. With all the talking he hadn't been able to actually drink or eat something at al.

Meisa smiled a bit as she had heard Hisoka. She had been paying attention to the people, not glancing once at the man. Her eyes were fixed on the people who were dancing and it seemed that the tension that had been before in the room was somehow lifted. ''It is a bit expensive in my taste, but I think that I shouldn't start to nit pick this evening.'' She said, rather cheerful. ''She is doing great.'' She said on a softer tone.

"Good..." replied Hisoka slowly. "That is good. Maybe... I should get her something?" Even though it was supposed to be a statement, it turned more into a question. He took a rather large gulp of the wine and put the glass down on the table again. He was not one for excessive drinking. It didn't go well with his... mind. If anything it made it worse. But it was good to give his throat some leeway. For a moment he watched the dancing couples in silence, then he turned to Meisa. He held out his hand. Just this once. It should be fine. "Care to join me for a dance?" He asked. "You can't say no."

Meisa still stared at the dancing couples. Taking another sip, she glanced sideways at Hisoka. ''I think you shouldn't. Not now.'' She said, as reply on his first question. She thought about it and then was sure of it. Now wouldn't be a good time at all. ''And dance? I wasn't aware that you could even dance, Lord Hokage-sama.'' Meisa said, on a different tone as she raised her eyebrows, amused.

For a moment Hisoka wanted to throw a reply back at her, saying he could do something at least, but in the end he didn't. What did he know anyway? Not much which was a bitter pill to swallow, but something he had to live with. Luckily Meisa followed his change of subject. He quircked his eyebrows slightly at her. "Are you suggesting that the Hokage forgot his dance lessons?" He smiled slightly. "Sure, they were about 20 years ago, but I am sure I can handle myself. The question is, do you dare to find out?' He wingled the fingers of his outstretched hand.

Meisa was about to take another sip and almost had spitted out the wine as she quickly raised her free hand towards her mouth. ''I wouldn't dare, Lord Hokage-sama. '' She said on a softer tone, lowering her hand as she glanced at the place where people were dancing. ''I might have asked it, cause I didn't want to fool you with the fact I can't really dance.'' Her smile stayed, but her eyes gained another expression as some would say. ''I've never been taught the use of dancing, to be fair.''

"It is never to late to learn, is what they say." Hisoka said. He lowered his hand slightly only to take her glass and pry it out of her fingers. "Come on, just one." He placed the glass down, One before it might be too late. He didn't speak that thought out loud. "It is not really dancing anyway, it is more swaying to the music. Besides the people probably expect to see you on the dancefloor at some point."

She wanted to say something, disagreeing with that. Using her abilities to remain hidden away from the attention, staying at the comfortable background. But there was a temptation she couldn't resist. Even though she felt a bit shy, Meisa took another sip of her glass with wine before she placed it down on the table. ''Fine. One dance.'' She said, trying to sound resolute and confident.

For some reason Hisoka felt good that he had managed to convince her. He knew that if she had kept at the denial he would have given in at some point. And then the chance for a dance would forever be lost. Luckily she allowed him this one thing. "Good," he said as he offered his hand for a second time and proceeded to lead her to the dance floor where the people parted for them. Hisoka wondered if his father was watching, if Harumi was watching. What would both of them think?

Glancing at the hand, she seemed to waver and considering if she shouldn't still decline the offer. Placing her hand in his, she would walk with him towards the dance floor. ''I'm really not good at this kind of thing.'' She mumbled, loud enough for Hisoka to hear her. Meisa also quickly thought if it was proper if she would dance with Hisoka, but it was known by many that they were friends for a long time. It was more that she felt a bit wary if she could try to prevent to make a fool out of herself and thus making Hisoka look like a fool.

"Luckily for you my upbringing was quite... extensive..." Hisoka spoke the last word with a slight distaste. He tried to ignore the eyes that were on them now. it was okay anyway, they would see it as a dance of friends, a dance between the people that goverened this Empire. Nothing more, nothing less. He placed his hand on Meisa's hip while his other hand kept holding hers. "Just.. follow?" Somehow it felt weird to suggest that since it felt like he had been following her for a while now. "I trust you will avoid my toes."

''Depends.'' She mumbled, sounding a bit irritated. She wasn't really in the mood to joke around anymore as she still felt she was making a fool out of herself. For a moment she felt more nervous, but nobody would notice it as she kept up her mask. And there were only three who could see through that mask. Three who would likely laugh or chuckle if they saw how embarrassed she felt. ''I swear it. If I hear you chuckle once, I'm going to hang you up again.'' Meisa muttered, looking down at her feet. Luckily the pace wasn't fast.

"I wouldn't dare." Hisoka said, and he was serious. If there was anothing he would smile about it wasn't the fact that she had difficulties dancing, it was the fact that they were dancing together. It dawned on him that this was the first time they had danced together. They worked together and saw each other practically every day, but never for anything besides their job. They had stopped playing chess too. What did he do for fun anyway these past weeks? He couldn't think of much. "Besides you are doing fine," he said to break his own train of thoughts. "It... has been a while... since we did something.. together."

Good, she was doing fine. She felt somewhat calm and almost as calm as she would express with her body language and smile. ''I believe that is true. Perhaps we can play another boardgame soon? Or perhaps just a trip?'' Meisa suggested. After all, Kiyomi was now sort of the public leader and while the girl knew who was the real leader in the shadows, Meisa felt confident enough that Zakito would be enough to make sure that nothing would go out of hand. Which meant basically that she and Hisoka had more freedom. More time to do things friends could do, together.

"I haven't been fancing chess much lately, but maybe we could find something else?" Slowly Hisoka led Meisa to the other side of the dancefloor. He took notice of Zakito and Aiko who were dancing as well. In the far corner he could see his dad. His presence loomed over Hisoka as a dead sentence. Sooner or later he had to make a choice, but he didn't want to make one. "Leaving Konoha sounds... interesting." He raised his arm in the hope that she would pick up the hint that she should spin underneath it. "Where would we go?"

Her eyes widened a moment as she did managed to make the spin. It made her dress fluster by the movement, but she found it quite fun. Though Meisa couldn't still see a reasonable reason why she should try to learn how to dance like others. Taking a moment to fall back in with the dance, Meisa couldn't reply back instantly. She was paying attention in order to not step on his feet. ''I don't know. I suppose that it would be hard for somebody of your fame to blend in crowds like some shadow. But who knows? '' She raised her eyebrows, her expression changing to make it clear her next line was meant to be playful. ''Perhaps with some guidance and a good teacher, you can learn how to do so.''

Hisoka was about to mention that he too had managed to disappear for two years, but it wasn't the time to discuss anything heavy like that. "I should find one then. Do you know where I might search?" He enjoyed the game of banter they were playing. That too had been too long. Sure, they hid what they meant all the time, but it was always so serious. With a quick nudge Hisoka made Meisa take a few steps to the left and then the right before returning to their original position. "I don't think I know anyone with that expertice." He said mockingly.

Lowering her eyebrows, Meisa pouted. ''I guess then I'm doing it well enough if somebody as close as you still don't have the skill to notice.'' She replied, feinging that she was upset. For a moment she wanted to make a playful jest about his eyes, but she knew better than to do that. ''Though I must say that I never had been aware that you could dance. Who taught you?'' Meisa asked, trying to still keep her feet from stepping on his.

"My mom." Hisoka said, his tone rather soft. "Father wanted to hire a teacher, but my mom insisted. I think that is the only time she really convinced my father to change his mind. I can't remember any other time." He paused for a second as he pondered about his mother. She always seemed so... passive to him. "She loved dancing." She had thought Suchi too, but she never seemed to have the patience for it. His mother had laughed then and waved it off like it was nothing. Another pause. Hisoka was aware of the fact that the song would soon end and then the moment was over. They could dance more of course, but Hisoka doubted he should test Meisa's patience. "Say..." he said slowly. "There is something... I need to... something I need to say and discuss and... talk with you about."

''Oh? And you consider this the right moment and place? '' Meisa asked, clearly a bit wary as she placed emphasis on a certain word. For a moment Meisa wanted to end the dance, though she was having some fun with it. It was still troublesome and she had caught herself nearly planting a foot of hers on one of his. ''You sure have a knack for finding an impossible time to bother me with something, don't you?'' Meisa asked, trying to sound more cheerful. She had a bad feeling about this.

Hisoka smiled a bit warily. "I know. I am an awful person. And I shouldn't want to spoil such a nice dance, but I think that this moment is probably the only moment that we aren't bothered by other people who 'need' to talk to us." They were passing a few other couples as they made their way again to the other side of the dancefloor. "I..." The words didn't want to come, because he knew when he spoke them this moment would be over. It would upset her, it would upset him. And he didn't want that. He wanted her to be happy. "My... father wants me - or well it is more like demands me 'cause when does he ask something anyway - to make... the engagement with Harumi known to the public..." He swallowed and looked away from her face. "Tonight."

The mask stayed perfectly. No crack would be given away, except for her eyes. Luckily only Hisoka would see the glint in Meisa's eyes fading away as he announced her the news. Though her lips were curled up in a smile, Meisa's eyes told a different story. ''I think I will need to retreat soon to home.'' Meisa politely replied. ''If it is okay with the Lord Hokage-sama, I think that the wine was a bit too heavy for me. My stomach kind of aches, Lord Hokage-Sama.~''

"No." Hisoka's reply was desperate and immediate. "No that is not okay with me. I..." The hand that lay on her hip tightened as if he was afraid that she would walk away now and make it so he would never see her again. That he would lose her again right now. Maybe he already lost her by speaking those words. But he didn't want to keep more secrets from her. They had already cost so much. "I... I don't..." He wasn't good with words. Never had been. "I know that it is too much to ask. And know that I will not keep you if you walk away. But... please stay... Please..."

''Relax.'' She kept up the polite and cheerful tone, but he would know that it was an order. ''If it displeases my Lord Hokage-sama, I guess I'll request something to still the ache.'' The lips were tight pressed against each other as they kept forming the smile. ''Though I must say I'm honored to be probably the first to congrulate you with your... '' She paused as she let out a giggle. ''Soon to be marriage.'' Meisa kept up her mask, but she wanted to get away from him. Away before she would hear the truth. She had managed to work to the point where they both had a bit more freedom. He would have less pressure on him as the attention would most go towards Kiyomi, readying her to later succeed him as his successor. But now it was sort of lost. The whole personal plus that she had worked for. Lost, because of some marriage. The word alone caused a cold smothering anger to stir up.

"Please stop calling me that." Hisoka almost snapped at her, but managed to steady his voice. Relax. Relax. How was it that if she said relax, he would listen and his body would follow the thought his brain tried to send it. She said relax, so he followed her words. "And I don't..."

The song ended.

Suddenly the dancing stopped and Hisoka realized that the moment they had was over. He stopped moving, but didn't let go of Meisa. She would leave. She had all the right to. Why wouldn't she? He knew how she felt, because he had felt the same when she had explained that she was going to marry Sakamoto. How was it that they kept ending up apart? The couples on the floor started to change, to switch and they had to leave or they would be caught up in another dance. Another awkward one.

She didn't want it. Her smile and attitude were still the same. But she didn't want to stay close to him. ''It was a delightful dance.'' She told him, taking a step back as she let go of his hand. It seemed rather a simple thing to do, but she had mixed feelings about it. Making a short and rather graceful bow towards him. ''Maybe we can dance later again. But for now, I fear that I must take it easy.'' Placing a hand on her stomach, she let out a brief and soft laugh. ''Can't dance with an aching stomach, I fear.'' Taking a step back, Meisa wanted to turn around and murder a specific person. To smash a glass and use a shard to stab a certain Uchiha in his eyes. But she would remain calm, keeping the mask up. Perhaps she would get her chance one day.

Hisoka smiled back and bowed as well. "Indeed." He said as he stepped away from her as well, his hand lingering just a second too long on her hip. "I hope your stomach ache will not hinder your... enjoyment of this party. Y- We achieved a lot after all and that should be celebrated." The whole situation was awkward now and painful. So painful.

He turned around. It took effort, but somehow he managed. With the same smile on his face he started to walk away from the dancefloor. She probably didn't want to see him now. Or ever. Maybe she hated him now. It wouldn't surprise him. The people in the crowd all wanted to talk to him, but he politely declined and said that he had some business to attend real fast. Business that would take him to the garden and would let him have a breath of fresh air.

Reactions: Nim and Gerontis
Ryo Katsu
Shockwave

Ghost ANBU member.

Ryo sighed. He still saw no sign, but then he heard something. Somebody reported in a short fashion that the group they were supposed to escort had arrived. Hearing that they were required to take their positions, Ryo dropped from the branch to those below him in a fluid movement until he landed on the ground. Turning around, he was instructed to head towards the meeting point together with two other members of the Ghost ANBU. With their black atire and pale white masks, they kept some distance.

Though his body language wouldn't give it away, he mentally cringed. Somebody could stab him in the side and Ryo wouldn't move an inch. He stared towards the Kumogakure nin. He had expected that they were going to be a group of Kumogakure shinobi, protecting the valuable little person who would sign the alliance treaty between the Cloud and the Empire of Akino. Silently, Ryo felt something rolling over his right cheek.

It wasn't fair. It wasn't supposed to be like this. He wanted to shout it out and risk his life. But if he would then he would surely die the instant he would do so. Perhaps this was a test? Cause if he would lower his mask or reveal himself, who he really was, then either the trap seal would go off or one of the other Ghosts would stab him down where he would stand. Perhaps that would start a fight, thus a conflict. No. He couldn't let that happen.

Even though he wanted to make her smile, doing his best to make her happy, he knew that if he would act out of line that he would be the reason of not only hurting her but a lot of other people. He would start a national incident and perhaps a war? A war that would force Kensuke to face friends of Midori. And what would happen then? Death, sorrow and despair. Just cause he couldn't be strong enough to maintain himself.

''Greetings. We bear the words from the Hokage and her majesty, welcoming your into the Empire of Akino.'' The man next to Ryo said. He sounded rather polite as he gestured the team of Kumo nin and Akira to follow them. ''We've arranged the proper transport of horses with us as you all are expected in the capital. Personal orders of the Regency council as her majesty.''

Ryo took a step away, like the other silent Ghost ANBU member that stood in the open. The others were silently in cover, waiting. They would stay in cover, trying to make sure that nobody would get close with the people they were needed to escort. For a moment, Ryo wished that his position was to remain in cover. He was afraid for a moment that Midori would look at him and that he would lose it. That he would deem her smile more worth than the lives of a thousand innocent people.

Yet, he couldn't help it. As the three masked Ghosts were waiting for the Kumo nin to follow them where the horses were, Ryo thought he saw a familiar handle. Was she carrying his sword?

''I'm sorry.
For everything.''

He thought in silence.​

• Love
Reactions: Fieryfly
Kazen Aniru
Amegakure Jounin Sensei
Trainingsfield 3

While Kazen was enjoying the game and chasing Nazari she nearly chrashed into her when she suddenly stopped moving. Glancing around she suddenly noticed all of their genin missing. Mitsunari was quite easily found, hiding himself using the transformation technique. Shinra and Akihiko were called out and Nazari demanded an explanation. From there it all went downhill, much to Kazen's dislike.

And that is how they ended up in this nasty situation. Nazari on one side, holding Mitsunari hostage, Kazen and the other two genin on the other side, given ten minutes to save Mitsunari in order to clear themselves from punishment trough Mitsunari's misbehavior. Kazen was not pleased with Nazari's decision to turn their team-building training around like this but decided to go with it anyway "If I hear anything else about the Takada clan I will personally stitch his mouth shut with my kunai" mumbled Kazen, barely audible. Kazen could hear a flute tone in the distance and instantly shielded herself against this first attempt of Genjutsu casting of her 'partner'

She looked at Akihiko and Shinra, the latter asking her what the battle plan was. Kazen gestured them to get closer and sat down with her legs crossed "listen up you two, I've got a plan but I want to hear your thoughts first. Nazari is a genjutsu expert, I know her justsu's and so I can break them quite easily when they are cast on me. Be wary of any noise you hear from a flute, that is what she uses to cast them. If anything feels off try to break the genjutsu, you know how that is done right? The academy should have learned you." Kazen paused for a moment grinning sheepishly "you also need to tell me your strengths and weaknesses because i neglected to do my homework and read your profiles"

So she had neglected to read their profiles. That didn't come as much of a surprise to Akihiko. The woman was not the type to sit back and observe. She was impulsive, did things on a whim. That much was now clear to Akihiko. He looked to Shinra then back to Kazen. "I have quite a bit of endurance and physical speed. I am also good with my sword, but I didn't think to bring it on this occasion so I suppose that's irrelevant. I am able to use genjutsu well and I have a few low powered ninjutsu. But my greatest asset as a shinobi is my clan's Kekkei Genkai. I am able to manipulate my own body cells and reshape my cellular structure. This allows me to withstand more damage as well as move more quickly. Of course it's still in it's initial stage of development, and I haven't had much practice using it." He finished speaking and looked over to Mitsunari who still had a kunai to his throat. These explanations would cost them precious time they couldn't afford to lose. He looked back to Kazen-sensei. "My weakness is prolonged physical exertion as well as powerful ninjutsu and genjutsu." He hoped Kazen-sensei was satisfied. By the time Shinra started explaining her strengths and weaknesses they would already have lost a full minute. This night needed to be over fast.

Shika reluctantly relinquished her hold on the hammer as she was eager to start working on her part of the house. She didn't mind Soha calling her with any honorific though her parents had never used them much. Come to think of it, neither did she. Shika hoped that the others wouldn't think of her as rude. "Yup! You can call me anything you want, I don't mind." She squinted, examining his movements carefully. Rice she could pick. Weeds she could weed. But a hammer? It appeared just simply smashing the nail in wouldn't work. Once her mini lesson had been taught, Shika happily reclaimed her tools before working on her plank once again. This time her arm was a bit steadier and she managed a few good whacks on the nail, sinking it into the wood. "Hey hey! I did it! Thanks Soha! How's your part Naname?"

Chinatsu Hon
Konoha Team 6, Genin
Chinatsu wandered around the busy and crowded streets of the festival, she looked around distantly at the supposed fun. Why does everybody think this is fun? It was an excuse for those lazy people who didn't like having to work, an excuse to not work today and it was starting to bother her. Some Hon became Empress and now they are celebrating. She's not even a full Hon! The more Chinatsu thought about the situation the more she became angered with the whole ideal of it. "If I ever see that bratty empress...," Chinatsu muttered to herself in anger. Her fox summon, Torriku had tagged along and was now chuckling or at least that's what I sounded like.

"What bothers you more, that she is half a Hon or that she is competition?" Torriku asked then leapt up onto a stand, it startled the woman who was standing there but a second later the fox was on Chinatsu's shoulders. The days after the summoning were quite bothersome as Torriku insisted upon tagging along where she went while Chinatsu only wanted to be left alone.

"Does it matter? She isn't that much older than me, why don't put we just put a child on the throne, about the same thing as the half blooded Hon," Chinatsu growled. Torriku shook her head and peered over the top of her head with a sort of curiosity. One day, I will surpass the bratty empress and then i will chase her from Konoha.

Hanako Asushika
Kumo Team 3, Chuunin

Hanako turned to the net, dropping to her stomach she then she started to edge her under the net slowly as she made her way under the net. Eventually, around a minute or two, she was out from under it
and back on her feet a second later. She looked down at herwelf with a perplexed expression, she was no stranger to getting dirty due working in the fields. "Well I believe he is nice or at least not mean," Hanako said.

Looking to the wooden wall, it posed some difficulty but she hoped that it wouldn't be too bad. There was some foot holds near the bottom and she placed her foot on one and pushed herself up. This might be more difficult than I thought, she thought to herself. She forced her other foot onto another foot hold while taking in a deep breath. Great Mother, help me, please, she prayed to the Great Mother. She repeated the process slowly, three minutes later she was half way up the wooden wall. Half way there... I can do this, Hanako said.
"Great Mother... Give me strength," Hanako muttered as she forced herself up the rest of the way.

After she was all the way up and saw the platform, she narrowed her eyes before then propelling herself towards. With no chakra, it wasn't easy and for a second she thought she was going to die. But then her body hit the platform hard with a thud and the breath left her body. Alright she thought, a second to breath again won't hurt. She pushed herself into a sitting position and took in a few deep breaths.

Yogiri Hamura - Amegakure Festival
After offering dango to Yuki, Yogiri noticed that a girl relatively smaller than the both of them had stood beside them. Looking between the girl and Yuki, Yogiri took note that she was the tallest. Her attention was placed onto the random girl once more as she began speaking in a calm tone, with a gentle smile, informing the two that she was their teammate. Other information including her real name, but what she preferred being called. After Kuni spoke, Yogiri gave a nod.

"Oh, well it looks like the team is all here then!" Yogiri spoke with a smile, reaching a grin, "Well, atleast most of the team. Nice to meet you Kuni, you as well, Yuki!"

Looking over Kuni, Yogiri formed the opinion that the girl was cute. Kuni's hair was very pretty as well. Yogiri was tempted to reach over and touch it but figured that wouldn't be a very good first impression. Yogiri remembered she had food, and would have offered Kuni some dango if it weren't for her shaking her head no before Yogiri could. Well, more for her anyways. Sliding a piece off the stick, she threw it into the air. Once she caught it in her mouth, she threw her fists up in victory. "Woo!"

Sho Deshuga, lightblue

Team 22 Chuunin | Amegakure

Sho didn't like what the Yonbi attack had done with his mother. He didn't like it one bit. She hadn't been hurt or anything, all her limbs were still attached to her body (unfortunately) and nothing had landed on her head, though Sho something thought that maybe she had hit herself or something. No Kirira Uzumaki, Sho's mother, hadn't become less active, wasn't clustered to a hospital bed, if anything the whole attack had send her into a fit of activity.

During the Yonbi attack part of their house had collapsed. Sho couldn't give three fucks about that. He never cared much for the house, he pretty much left it every day as soon as he had eaten breakfast and returned late to avoid weird conversations with his mother. And now the building had partly transformed into a pile of rubble. Somehow this had shaken Kirira from her eternal dream that Soru would some day visit. Sho didn't know how, but suddenly his mother was up and out, ready to fix the house. She was always busy now. It felt weird. She was suddenly fussing about him, about them as a family, about real stuff in the real world. Sho didn't know if he liked it, mostly because he really didn't know how to handle it. It scared him in some way, that he no longer could predict what he would find when he came home.

So he had taken every other chance he got to get away from her. He couldn't deal with this.

Then the festival had come around. Sho was a Chuunin now, but he didn't get to do anything special. He didn't feel very special either. He had a new rank, but nothing else was new. He was still leading his shitty life. Currently he was walking through a crowd of people that were gathering in the center of the city because of the party that was going on. Sho didn't particularly feel like joining. All lame games and lame goods. He had to admit the food was pretty good though... He took another careful bite from his candied fruit and savored the flavor of strawberry and a tonload of sugar. He was just pondering if he should buy another one, he wasn't going to use his money for much else anyway, when he was attacked by an owl.

Well, it was not really attacked, but an owl just randomly attached itself to his shoulder and told him he was wanted in the office of the Jounin Commander. Maybe they finally got a mission? Though Sho wondered if his stupid team could even handle that. Rini was of no use, and Kira had disappeared. Sho didn't realy want a new teammember because he or she would probably be worthless as well.

Never the less, and despite all his disagreement with authorathy, Sho arrived at the office 28 minutes later and even bothered to knock. It was a half-assed knock, but it was a knock never the less. And then he waited.

Reactions: Nim
Spending time at the festival,
Winning and losing.

------------------------------------------------------------------
A collab between Chromehound and Aliceee

Summary :

Hayate and Mimi spend time together at the festival, being held down town in Konohagakure.

[spoili]
She ran a bit as she threw looks around. There was much to see and to do. Not really caring if she had pushed herself a bit through the crowd that was visiting the festival, Mimi's eyes had ever grown big when she had seen the festival from a distance. There were decorations and a number of activity that were strange to her. Pointing at a stand that sold candy, Mimi wanted to ask if that they could get some, but then was distracted by a stand that offered to play a sort of game, which made her turn around and point at it as well. ''Mimi says go go go! Mimi thinks Silly Face should walk faster!'' Turning around, Mimi kept shifting her weight from one leg to another.

His hands stuffed deep into the pockets of his long coat, Hayate walked behind the excited girl, a strange look on his face. It was hard not to smile at the crazy antics of the young girl, but Hayate was not really in the mood to smile. Glancing around at the festival, he tried to get into the spirit, but it was a struggle. Putting on a weak attempt at a smile, Hayate looked down at Mimi. "I'm coming, I'm coming. Sheesh, how can a girl with such short legs move so quickly?"

Puffing up her cheeks, Mimi frowned at Hayate. He was really slow today. ''Mimi has been training. Mimi has been training alone, but still training. '' She told him, turning already around as she threw glances around the places. There were a lot of interesting people, stands and things. Not to mention that there was also that delicious smell that was attracting her attention. ''Mimi wants to eat something. Mimi then wants to euhm....' Wavering, she wasn't sure anymore what she wanted to do first. A few places offered games that seemed fun.

A small smile tugged at the corner of his mouth at the girl's indecision. Catching up to her, Hayate reached out with one of his hands, ruffling Mimi's hair gently. "Come on, let's go get some snacks and then we can try out a few of the games." His thoughts traveling back to the note, Hayate felt a brief warmth. After all, I owe you one Kiyomi-chan...

Turning in the direction of a stand that sold some sort of powdered pastry, Hayate caught a whiff of something delicious. His stomach grumbling, he grabbed hold of Mimi's hand. "This one's on me."

Mimi nodded. She wouldn't mind if he would spend his money buying her a treat. It was nice to buy something yourself, but Mimi wouldn't mind to accept a treat from Hayate. ''Mimi thinks that is a good plan.'' Nodding again, as if she needed to confirm her own words, she stopped a bit with being so overactive. Yet she couldn't stop with throwing now and then a glance around. In her opinion there was a lot that was new to her. A lot of interesting things that she wanted to see.

Buying several of the mini pastries from the stand, Hayate handed a few to Mimi before taking a bite of his own. The taste was actually quite good, and Hayate pooped another one into his mouth as they walked. Spotting a nearby games stand where participants where supposed to throw darts at balloons in order to pop them, Hayate gently nudged Mimi. "How does that look? Care to try a game?"

Accepting the mini pastries, Mimi closed her eyes in delight as she liked them. Though she was eating a bit too fast, which resulted that she made a sort of snorting sound, Mimi already looked up to see what Hayate meant. Noticing what kind of game it was, Mimi nodded several times. It looked fun, but even more, the prizes look great. ''Mimi thinks we should!'' Though her words would be clear, half of her mouth was still filled with a bite from a pastry.

Fighting back a laugh, Hayate led the girl over towards the stand. "How much?" He asked the man running the booth.

"Three coins gets you five throws. Gotta get at least three balloons to win a small prize, four to win a medium and five will get you one of the big prizes. So what'll it be?"

Glancing down at Mimi, Hayate reached into his pocket and withdrew three coins. Handing them to the man, Hayate took the darts and handed them to Mimi. "Alright Mimi, show me how well you've been practicing."

Rolling up the long sleeves of the jacket, that was still too large for her, Mimi was determined to show how much she had learned at the Academy. Accepting the darts from Hayate, Mimi took a step away from him. Focusing as good as she could, Mimi tried to aim the first dart a yellow colored balloon. She disliked the color and thus thought it would be a nice target for her first dart.

Throwing the dart, the ugly colored balloon exploded.

Seem to be surprised by her success, Mimi then grinned. Another one, but the balloon had a green color. Green was a nice color, Mimi thought, but she wanted a prize. Focusing again on her aim, she heard something at her right. ''Heh?'' She turned her head just as she threw the dart. The man behind the counter was forced to take a quick step to the left to avoid getting the dart land in his face. Noticing only a moment later at what she had almost done, Mimi's cheeks flustered. ''Euh,.... Mimi Mimi says sorry, wait! Mimi will pop another!''

Trying to aim and focus, she threw her last dart. But it completely missed the green colored balloon and went behind the stand. Somebody shouting a loud 'auw' could be heard and Mimi cringed. ''Mimi... not so good at aiming?''

Raising his hand to his mouth to stifle a chuckle, Hayate glanced up at the man behind the stand and saw him glaring. Gently placing a hand on the young girl's shoulder, Hayate spoke quietly, "I think we should go before we cause any more trouble." Moving away from the stand, Hayate's eyes glanced around, looking for something else to pass the time.

At first Mimi wanted to refuse. She had done a decent job at the Academy during practice throwing. Nobody had then yelped in pain cause they were in the way of a projectile. But the man behind the counter was in a heavy discussion with somebody that had came from the back, holding up the dart. Deciding to not be too stubborn about it, Mimi would move away with Hayate. Then something caught her attention. ''Mimi thinks that looks nice!'' Pointing at where people had to throw rings at poles, she hoped that they could do that. Perhaps she could then gain a second chance.

Looking at where Mimi had pointed, Hayate furrowed his brow slightly. "I guess you can't hurt anyone too badly with one of those..." Letting Mimi lead him over to the new booth, Hayate reached into his pockets, already preparing to pull out some change. He could see the sign showing the price for three rings and laid the money down on the counter. "Well Mimi, shall we try again?" Smiling encouragingly at the girl, Hayate found himself to be having a little bit of fun, despite everything else.

The first reply of Hayate made Mimi pout. It wasn't her fault in her opinion that somebody had been so stupid to be in the way of where she had thrown the dart too. It was in her logic not her fault at all. Either it was the balloon, dart or the person who had been hurt. When Hayate asked if should try again, Mimi nodded firmly. Rolling again up the sleeves of the jacket, she had a very serious expression. ''Mimi is ready and ... ready!''

Handing Mimi the first ring, Hayate took a step back, watching how she did. The girl had spirit, that was for sure. Taking the ring in hand, Mimi threw a glance at it. It had that ugly color, yellow. It then seemed like she was weighing the ring and then would aim. Throwing the not sharp object, Mimi saw how it was soaring in the air, heading towards one of the small pillars. Biting her lower lip, she leaned a bit forward. The yellow object gently touched a pillar, but it bounced against one.

"Very close," Hayate said with an encouraging tone. Reaching over he passed Mimi the second ring. "Try throwing just a little higher next time so that the ring can arc onto the pillar." Stepping back again, he would simply fold his arms and watch. Again she accepted a ring, but it had that ugly color as the previous ring. Pouting, Mimi wanted to say something. That she had tried to throw it a bit higher, cause it would be a tad stupid if she would aim at the ground. Wait, she actually had sort of aimed at the ground, but the short pillars were on the ground!

Trying to not confuse herself, she then aimed a bit higher. But also tried to put more of her strength and back into the throw. It resulted that the ring went up higher than the previous one. Way higher as it soared over the pillars and over another stand. Staring at how the ring soared out of sight, Mimi glanced sideways at Hayate. ''Mimi thinks.... Silly Face should try..''

Hiding a grin, Hayate shrugged his shoulders. "If you are certain, I don't want to use up your last ring if you want another try." Glancing down to make sure it was okay, Hayate stepped forwards and grabbed one of the rings. Feeling its weight, he looked over at the pillars. Judging the distance, he pulled back the ring, aiming for his target. While he wasn't used to throwing a ring, he forced himself to think of it as an oddly shaped shuriken. Flicking his wrist, Hayate released the ring. It sailed through the air and towards its target. As it reached the pillar, the ring landed, revlolving around the pillar several times before finally sliding down to the ground. Satisfied, Hayate turned back to Mimi. "So, what do you think?"

Pouting, Mimi saw how he had managed to do a much better job than her last attempt. But she didn't want to be a sore loser. ''Mimi thinks she should try to practise more. Mimi thinks.. Silly Face is a good ring thrower.'' Wishing secretly that he wasn't, Mimi vowed that she would put more effort in attempts to become better. It would be annoying if Kiyomi would also be a better ring thrower than her! ''Mimi wonders where Ki-yomi is.'' Frowning, Mimi hadn't seen much of Kiyomi lately. Perhaps Hayate and Kiyomi had gotten into an argument? Then they should probably talk with one of the sensei's at the Academy. They were the best in resolving arguments about who was allowed to play with what during recess, after all.

The mention of Kiyomi stung Hayate more than he wanted to show. Turning away so that Mimi wouldn't notice his reaction, he paused. "Kiyomi-sama is very busy Mimi. She has a lot of responsibilites that she has to take care of now and... and it means we won't get to see her as much." Turning back, Hayate tried to hide behind a fake smile. "But that means we can still spend more time together, unless of course I'm too boring for you?" He tried to make his tone joking, but it came out sounding hollow.

Wondering why Hayate turned away, Mimi was content with the answer. She shook her head firmly when Hayate made his last joke, which Mimi didn't find funny in the slightest. ''Mimi likes to spend time. Mimi likes fun times!'' She said, puffing her cheeks as she wanted to show how much she didn´t want him to go away. He wouldn´t probably though, leaving her behind. ''Mimi just hopes that Ki-yomi can soon join though. Mimi thinks that everybody needs candy.'' Candy was nice and nice people deserved candy. A rather simple logic, but she wasn't much for complex things.

"I like spending time with you too Mimi-chan." Smiling at the girl's simplistic views, Hayate couldn't help but find her naivety to be charming. "Maybe if more people ate candy then this would be a nicer world." It was a nice thought, at least Hayate thought so. "So what would you like to do now?" The answer of Hayate made Mimi cross her arms and nod. Of course the world would be nicer. Candy solved a lot of things. When he asked what she would like to do now, Mimi thought about it. She wasn't fond of trying something else that would involve something to throw. She had just some sheer amount of bad luck with that. Walking with Hayate, she noticed something fun. Something she could do. Grabbing Hayate's wrist, she pointed towards a stand. ''Mimi find that looking fun!''

The stand was simply where one needed to pull some ropes. Each person was allowed to pull three ropes and depending on it, you could pick a price. Harmless and fun.

Glancing over to where Mimi had pointed, Hayate nodded. "I suppose that looks interesting." Holding the girl's hand, he walked them both over to the stand. The concept of the game seemed simple enough, yet Hayate couldn't help but wonder how they had rigged it, after all, his first experience at a carnival with Kiyomi had proved that you could never trust the games. Smiling at the memory of their first real "date" Hayate leaned down to Mimi. "Alright Mimi, what say we both try this one, and whoever gets the biggest prize can buy Ice cream later!"

Looking with a more determined look, she was so ready for that. Releasing Hayate's hand, she looked at the few ropes. For a moment she just stared at them. There were so many, so which one should she pick? She was sure that pulling one a bit and then not further pulling it would be unfair. So she had to be careful. Seeing a green colored rope, she was confident that one would give a nice price. Pulling the rope, Mimi saw how the rope would lift a tinderbox. ''Mimi didn't expect that.'' She mumbled, letting the rope slowly lower the tinderbox. She had two more tries. Pulling a dark red rope, Mimi noticed that it lifted up another tinderbox. ''Eeeeeehhhhhh?''

Slowly loosening the red rope, she puffed her cheeks. Stupid tinderboxes! What would so she do if she would get another one? After all, tinderboxes weren't really a big prize. Looking a the colored ropes, she noticed a yellow one. She disliked the color, but perhaps that was the trick to success? Pulling the color you disliked. Cause one of the green colored rope had failed her. Carefully pulling up the yellow colored rope, she noticed it lifted up a small stuff animal. An elephant. ''Mimi likes that one.'' She mumbled, a bit happy that she had managed to score at least one decent prize. The owner of the stand gave her the small elephant and Mimi stepped aside to let Hayate try it.

Watching the girl as she carefully tested a few of the ropes, Hayate tried to puzzle out how they worked. There was such a wide array of different items strewn about that it was hard to see which rope led where. Hayate offered Mimi a quick smile as she managed to win herself a stuffed elephant. "That is a very nice prize Mimi, I don't know if I can top it." Stepping up, Hayate took his time looking at the ropes. The first one that caught his eye was a bright blue colour. Reaching over, Hayate began pulling the rope. As he looked up, he noticed that it was lifting a small platform with a whistle on it. Hmm, not quite gonna beat out a stuffed elephant... Allowing it to settle, Hayate turned and began examining the ropes once again.

Spotting a yellow rope that seemed to lead up to an area that was especially ripe with prizes, Hayate leaned over and began pulling on it. After all, Mimi managed to win a prize with the yellow rope, maybe that was the secret. Glancing up to try and spot what his prize was going to be, Hayate suddenly paused. The prize that had begun lifting with the rope was a simple wooden box. That's not gonna do the trick either... Frowning, he allowed the rope to slide back into position and scratched the back of his head. Closing his eyes, Hayate decided that deciding at random was probably his best choice now. Reaching out he felt a rope touch his fingers and he quickly grabbed onto it. Pulling it up, he finally opened his eyes to see what it was. Looking up, a spark of hope filled his eyes to see -- a plain wooden tinderbox being lifted up... Sighing, Hayate accepted his prize and turned towards Mimi. "Well little one, I suppose you win this round."

Yes! The tinderboxes were useful after all! Lifting up her prize, Mimi grinned. With the proper amount of dramatic tone, she proclaimed herself. ''Mimi is now the Queen of the festival. Mimi has won.'' She said. Now she was going to get free ice cream, which was just amazing. Lowering the small elephant, she glanced at Hayate and back to the stuffed animal. ''Mimi thinks that it is fair that Silly Face should have this.'' Lifting the stuffed animal up towards Hayate, she smiled.

Forgetting everything else around them, Hayate realized that he was slowly beginning to cheer up. Maybe coming here with Mimi had been a good idea after all. The girl always seemed to have a way to raise his mood, even if he wanted nothing more than to be alone. Smiling with a genuine warmth, Hayate reached out and gently took the stuffed elephant from Mimi's hands. "You are too kind Mimi-chan, though, now I think I owe you something hmm?" Looking around for a brief moment, Hayate located a nearby ice cream cart. Reaching out his free hand, he took Mimi's in his own. "If you're gonna be the Queen of the festival then we're gonna have to find you a crown, aren't we?"

A crown? Yes. Then she could rule over the festival and demand people to pay her tribute and such. Walking at the side of Hayate, she already could see it. They would erect a proper throne for her, a throne where she would be able to oversee most of the festival. Eating ice cream and other kind of nice things, as that would be one of her tasks.''Queen Mimi then wants you to become the jester.'' She said, wishing that her daydream could become true.

"The jester?? Am I really that funny?" Hayate teased. As the line finally cleared for the ice cream, Hayate ordered a simple vanilla for himself and looked down to Mimi with a smile. "And which flavour would her majesty prefer? I shall have the royal ice cream maker whip it up for you at once!" Behind him, the guy serving the ice cream just rolled his eyes, waiting for the slow customers to order so that he could continue with the next ones.

''Queen Mimi thinks so, yes. '' She nodded firmly. Hayate could be funny. Sometimes she found it fun to just poke him and then run around. Unlike some, he didn't seem to be so quick to be bothered by her antics. Wanting to give an answer, Mimi yawned. ''Mimi wants just vanille.'' She said, cheerful in hopes that the yawn would go unnotice.

"A very good choice Milady!" Swiveling on his heel, Hayate smiled at the server. "Another vanilla if you'd be so kind! And be generous with the scoop, wouldn't want to disappoint the Queen now would you?" Winking at the bewildered ice cream cart server, Hayate retrieved the two cones, payed the man and turned back to Mimi. Handing the young girl the cone, Hayate thought of something. "You know, her majesty is a little too important to be walking around on her own. She needs a trusty steed to take her around!" Picking Mimi up quickly, Hayate positioned her so that she was sitting up on his shoulders. Taking a bite of his ice cream, Hayate tried to keep talking with a mouthful of food, failing spectacularly. "How id bat, your highnesh?"

Accepting the scone, Mimi gained a big smile on her face. Even more when she would get be allowed to get on Hayate's shoulders. Using her left hand to make sure she kept her balance, Mimi started to lick her ice cream. While she was doing so, she enjoyed the view from Hayate's shoulder. It was much better than to walk on her own, where things seemed much bigger. Perhaps it wasn't the throne she had in her day dream, but it was sufficient for now.

Walking carefully, so as not to make Mimi drop her ice cream, Hayate began making his way through the crowds. It was getting late, and despite the fact that the festivities were still going strong, Hayate wanted to get back to Azumi. He wasn't a huge fan of crowds as it was, and he had a feeling that more people were going to show up now that it had grown darker outside.

The festive lanterns that were hung up everywhere shed colourful lights throughout the city streets, and Hayate couldn't help but feel a sense of elation as they travelled further away from the celebration. This village was truly beautiful, and he was just happy he could call it home.
[/spoili]

Nariko Jun
Kumogakure Jounin Commander

Nariko was still in the owlery, right now preffering it over his office. He tried his best to enjoy the view he had as he sended out message after messages to the people he could gather to complete the task given to him by his Senpai. He had already contacted the people who will be responsible with the logistics to gather weapons and other tools for the march, but more importantly, food and medical supplies. Though he hoped they will not be necessary, he was not that naive - he was sent to a war march, not to a peace conference with the Antare clan. He took great care in sending a message to the Kumogakure archives - any and all notes on the Antare clan were most welcome and would become sujbects to thorough study.

As he sent the last message, the raven he sent to Satoshi returned with the message gone. That means Satoshi has it - and will hopefully arrive soon after the raven. He was sure about asking his brother to come with him, but he was worried about his team - most of them were young, unaware of what a real war means. He will have to explain himself as well and offer them a chance to reject the mission, should they desire. With the messages sent, he layed on his back, staring at the sky above his village.

" You are all young, after all. There is no need for you to witness and live through the things we have come to see and feel during wars. "

Reactions: Gerontis
Shikaroku Nara, purple
Konoha Genin, Team 9
At the Meeting Place

Sitting and listening patiently as Hiron told his story, Shikaroku tried to picture it in his mind. The pills made things cloudy, and he found himself wishing he hadn't taken them for the first time that day. He let Hiron's words wash over him, immersing himself in the tale. Hiron truly had a way with telling stories, and Shikaroku was thankful once again for having the man as his sensei.

When the story finished, Shikaroku at first said nothing. His eyes had been closed the whole time, and he opened them after hearing Hiron's last words. Something about the words seemed... personal. Shikaroku caught sight of Hiron staring off into the distance, and it took a moment for him to realize what the jounin was staring at.

"That was a beautiful story Hiron-sensei. Thank you for sharing it with me." Slowly getting to his feet, Shikaroku felt a brief moment of dizziness and closed his eyes, waiting for it to subside. "I feel, however, like that story may not have just been meant for me..." Taking a step towards his sensei and trying to push the cloud from his mind, Shikaroku looked out towards the palace.

"It doesn't ever get any easier, does it?" He spoke quietly, turning finally towards Hiron. "Giving up the things you care most about?"

Placing his hands in his pockets, Shikaroku looked down. He hoped his sensei knew what he was saying, but he could never be sure he was even making sense... Not while he had the pills...

Reactions: Gerontis
Kirine Azuha, crimson
Team 22 | Amegakure - Festival
It wasn't until shortly after that Kirine had finished her ramen bowl that she could hear the coos of an owl coming closer. Blinking, she got up from her seat and left the stall with a wave as she looked around to find an owl actually approaching her. Landing atop an awning nearby, the bird conveyed its message to her before flying off, which after hearing the message Kirine had guessed it still needed to find the others. "Huh... I wonder why they want me there of all places.. Ah well, I better get a move on I guess. Could be something pretty interesting if they want me over there. Sounds like fun." She bore a toothy grin as she thought aloud to herself, Kirine stretches her arms out forward with her fingers interlocked, popping the knuckles a couple times before she starts off towards the Amekage building. Whatever it was, it seems she'd be able to meet her team there as well. The curiosity was endless as she continued her way to her destination.​

Kumogatauri Dobustu

Kirigakure Training Field 3

So she was wrong about the lesson, guess she hadn't really learned what Hatake-sensei had to teach, but from the explanation given she could at least learn the importance of being out of sight. She kept her eyes on Tora the entire time, watching her movements and waiting to see if they had any relevance to the assignment she had for them. The little kunoichi merely nodded in understanding to Tora's critique of her tactics, she at least felt pride in the compliment of her use of Hiden techniques.

The task at hand though, two figures she hadn't previously noticed at the gates began walking away to be tailed, Kumoga rose to her feet and waited a moment before creating her own clone. "We will do out best, Hatake-sensei." The two Kumogas chimed in unison, cautiously peeking towards one of the two figures after they left, waiting for them to be a decent distance away before herself and her clone left, her clone took to the rooftops and scaffolding of the buildings and with the transformation technique, took on the form of a dainty spider which skittered away and followed Tora's clone as closely as possible

On the ground, Kumoga used the transformation technique to make herself appear to be more generic and unsuspecting, more like any other villager really. It would give her a slight edge at tailing her mark... Although they did have a 30 minute wait before they could actually attempt the capture.

Of course, from above Hatake-sensei's clone, Kumoga's clone would follow much closer than Kumoga herself, deftly weaving between people walking past to keep Tora in her sights with Kumoga tailing carefully from behind, keeping watch on where her clone went. During the tailing, both Kumoga and her clone had a few near-spottings and in the case of her clone it was being nearly stepped on, to which Kumoga would change disguise in case her current one had been noticed by Tora's copy. The clone took a few stops, spending some time in a ramen house for what seemed like a quick snack.

Kumoga's clone waited patiently outside the Ramen house for Tora to re-emerge, which she did before too long and headed further into Kirigakure, Kumoga herself watched her clone from another corner and waited for her to move to follow Tora before she moved herself with this improvised two-step pursuit procedure of Kumoga following her clone whom was following Tora's clone.

There wasn't long left, the duo had managed to evade detection for now, but they both believed that it was only going so well because Tora's clone was intentionally lowering her awareness of what was around and following her. The clone continued with a few more menial errands before it was time to strike... But they held back from pouncing, that would be what was expected, an immediate assault from them in an effort to capture her first. Instead they tailed her for five minutes longer, just to make sure that they could get a better drop on her.

They'd wait for her to find herself in a slightly enclosed space before they sprung their trap, Kumoga's clone beginning it by returning to her original form amidst a trio whom were in the middle of a conversation, sufficiently startling them and immediately attempting to entrap Tora's feet and legs with a flurry of half a dozen Spider Web Flowers, Kumoga herself rushing forwards to join the attempted assault. "We have you, sensei!" Was all she called as she used her clone as a spring-board to leap towards Tora's copy and attempt to grab her with the intent to bite and inject her nauseating venom into her.

(Sorry if it's a bit lacking, nim, but I'm kinda dry on posting motivation.)

An interesting dance, green
A collab between Fieryfly and Roran

The Royal Palace

Sitting on the side of the party on a bench, enjoying a second glass of wine already he eyed the dancing people. Kaori had left for the restrooms, and he hoped for her sake that it'd take as long as possible. Maybe she'd even ran away. Anything to lessen the amused smiles thrown in their direction. It infuriated him to see that all the work he had done to protect the reputation of his clan was undone in a single week's time by the efforts of whoever devised this plan. He still didn't believe it was Kiyomi, nor did he think she was a puppet. She was too strong-willed for that, and far too stubborn. Hisoka, his Hokage? No. He respected the man, as he did what was right for the village and most importantly its inhabitants. He didn't see him make such a bold and ambitious move. Even more since he recently withnessed his Hokage turn raving mad at the sight of a 'random' shinobi from the Rain, he didn't believe Hisoka was that ambitious. At least not anymore.

Meisa, his assistant, on the other hand... From what he had seen of her she was a cold and distant person, who seemed indifferent to everything aside from pure efficiency. He didn't like her, for pure efficiency wasn't even remotely efficient. Humans always had the tendance to have feelings that'd interfere with that. He didn't really know her that well though, but she seemed capable of devising such a plot. But what was to gain for her? Nothing.

As the music played he eyed the dancing people with mild disdain as he discarded his glass of wine. He never was much of a drinker, even though he could stomach it easily, and didn't like the influence of alcohol on his body. It was only untill he saw Meisa and Hisoka dance that he turned his attention on the dancers. Learning from his dramatically short and harsh course in using his dojutsu from his sister, he saw something that surprised him immensely. Meisa's body language seemed... insecure? That was the last thing he had expected of her. Perhaps his image of her was wrong. In any case, he observed the couple with his dojutsu because of a lack of anything better to do, and tried to match the image he got from his dojutsu to his previous train of thoughts. As they danced, subtle changes occured in their body language Kensuke couldn't quite place. They grew more relaxed, but that was all he could figure out. As Kaori approached again and he withdrew his attention from the dancing coiple. He threw a final glance in their direction. after eying Kaori, and ... Wait. Was that... Affection? That wasn't...

"They say it is rude to stare, don't you know?" Kaori said as she sat down next to him and inched sideways so that she was sitting close against him, his body heath warming her skin. "Who were you looking at?"

"Nothing, it's nothing." He replied, offering her a soft smile. "I was dozing off."

"Liar." Kaori smiled back. "I know you a little bit too well to believe that."

"Do you now? Since when have you become a renowned conaisseur of me?" He replied playfully. Anything to avoid the subject of their public humiliation and the horribly infuriating court politics.

"Since I slept more then one time on your couch and inspected most of the cupboards of your house. I believe I know you quite well. So, who were you so fixated on." She poked him playfully in his side, unknowingly agreeing not to talk more about politics or anything. Just them bantering, that was way more fun.

Looking at the Hokage again as he finished his dance with his assistant, he suddenly recognized a large change in their body language from before. Now it was noticably different. A lot more... pained. It was hard to recognize subtle changes about one's body language when all he ever used it for was analyzing his opponents. He knew pain, fear, the intention to do something, but this... Not really his field of work. Nevertheless, he saw Meisa shrink away in the crowd of people as Hisoka nearly stormed off into the gardens after the music stopped, which only seemed to confirm the weirdest of ideas growing in his head. "I was looking at Hisoka."

"The Hokage?" Kaori looked up to find the man who just seemed to leave after a dance.

"Yeah. He looked quite upset just now, but it's probably nothing." Kensuke continued, trying to disarm the conversation of its loaded subject. "Meisa probably stepped on his feet during their dance or something." He added with the best of fake grins he could manage, upon which he jumped on his feet. "For that matter, would you accept a dance with me, milady?"

"You, sir," Kaori said as she gathered the lower part of her kimono so that she wouldn't step on it. "are a terrible liar. There is no way that Lady Ichi would not know how to dance. So she would never step on the Hokage's foot. Also what is with the first name basis. I wasn't aware you were close with the Hokage?" Despite her words Kaori got up and smiled. "But I digress, I accept you dance offer. Let's at least do something that is akin to fun."

Kensuke laughed and shrugged as she accepted his hand. "Well, being a Brigade General of the 1st Division of the Konoha Military gets you to places." Leading her to the dancefloor, waiting for the next song to set in, he remembered their first dance. Just like now he had felt a thousand eyes upon them, and he felt more nervous than he should. "I sure do hope the lady knows how to dance?"

"That depends on the dance..." It seemed to dawn upon Kaori that dancing here was probably very, very different from other dancing she had done. At least she would have a feel for the beat, she tried to calm herself down. "But since you have to lead, I am sure I will do fine. Of course, you know how to dance... right?"

Kensuke formed a sly smile on his lips. "Well, uh..." He started, before winking confidently at her. "You do know that good swordfighters are always good dancers right? It's all in the footwork."

"We should have no problems then." Kaori replied smoothly as she placed one of her hands on his shoulder. "You lead. I will just try to not hit your feet." She stuck out her tongue. It was a childish gesture and not appropriate, but that was perhaps exactly why she did it.

As the music commenced so did he, as he dragged her along the dance he had learned a long time ago, back in the Village of Talons. Dancing had ironically been the one thing at which he easily outclassed his older brother, who was such a prodigy. His brother's pride and belief that dancing was useless had left any training spent on it sorely lacking. Finally a day where that came out handy, he grinned.

It had to be said that Kaori was pleasantly surprised by Kensuke's dancing capabilities. She just... hadn't expected it and she followed him with ease. The dance he picked didn't seem very hard and after a couple of minutes Kaori started to have fun. Dancing was the best thing about a party really. "You know... during our first dance I kissed you. Maybe this time you should kiss me..." She let her sentence trail off as she grinned.

"I think that that's not a good idea right now." he said with a misschievous smile. "However, it'd be bad manners of me not to do something in return at least. How about I kiss you when we got home? Just more ... extensively..."

"Hmmmm..." Kaori countered his smile with one of her own. "That sounds... somewhat acceptable yes. Yes, I believe I am okay with that." Maybe, she thought, maybe coming to the party was not so bad. Yes, the political stuff was awful, but in the end it was still her and Kensuke and that was always fun.

"Excuse me milady, but I believe you just stepped on my toe." He said as the final tunes of the song commenced, glad that she accepted his flimsy excuse. Well, it might've been flimsy and cheap, but he could sure use some distraction once this was all over.

As soon as the music ended, they made place for a new group of dancers to enter the floor. Well, he'd had some fun on this party at least. Anxious about the next day, he and Kaori took place against the edge of the hall, enjoying the many treats reserved for people just like them.

Reactions: Fieryfly
Team 8, #f0e68c
Team 8
Operation : Knife in the dark.

Part II
Collab between the members of Team 8.

Summary :
Team 8 preparing the first steps of their assassination mission.

"Sure, I guess. Maybe we can find a large vent to throw you into so that you don't attract attention when you transform back," Katsu suggested as he started walking. He glanced over to Koike and back in front of him. "Do you guys know what this is festival for?" he asked as he kept walking.

For a moment, Koike stared at Katsu. Throw him in a large vent? That was slightly unnerving. He wasn't fond of the idea, but decided to answer the question of Katsu first. ''Haven't you heard? '' He started to walk already. He could perform the transformation technique on the way, once they would get closed. After all, they had to get dressed first. ''The Fire Union has changed into the Empire of Akino. Kiyomi has been placed on the throne and having the Konoha higher ups as her regency council.'' Though he had paid attention to what had happened, he wasn't that really interested in. Even while he could consider himself now part of the ruling dynasty, Koike wasn't interested in politics. He didn't consider himself to be suited for it, as he was rather in the field.

She nodded at what was said, all the nurses were talking about it at the hospital and even her parents knew. "Aww, you dont think the lovely Empress will do any good?" Yukara asked. She was not sure of this Hon person being on the throne was a good idea or not, it should a well known Cho. Like Aiko or some other Cho, but there were already too many Hons.

"Kiyomi...? But... If she's empress..." Dark thoughts clouded Katsu's mind. She still owed him 4 or 5 requests, but being the empress, she could easily avoid the fulfillment of the agreement! He shuddered at the thought and sighed. "Anyway. I'm gonna go get dressed," he said, setting down the bag. He quickly pulled out the suit and looked over at the two. "I'll meet you guys at the in front of the pastry shop near the park." He made a quick hand seal and disappeared in a puff of smoke, leaving the bag with the dress in it behind without letting them object. He needed his strength.

With Katsu on his way, Koike shoved his hands into his pockets. He saw how Katsu went away and turned his head to nod towards Yukara. Walking away, he began to think about what he would need to do further on the mission. With most of the preparations ready, they would need to excute the striking part and then be done with it. For this operation at least.

Midori Sato, yellowgreen
Team 13 | Land of Fire​

It was a small group of ANBU. Midori took note of the pale color of their costumes and frowned slightly. She hadn't seen those around before. Where they different from other ANBU? They didn't behave differently. They were all stoïc and cold. One of the men approached her and the rest of her team and Midori shot a quick look back to see if the rest was still there.

''Greetings. We bear the words from the Hokage and her majesty, welcoming your into the Empire of Akino.'' The man said. Midori bowed her head slightly, but kept her eyes on him.

"Midori Sato, acting leader of Team 13 of Kumogakure. We bear words of the Raikage." She said as reply. The men nodded.

''We've arranged the proper transport of horses with us as you all are expected in the capital. Personal orders of the Regency council as her majesty.''

Horses? Midori almost smiled. She loved horses and she loved horseriding. It was not that commenly done by ninja's she had quickly realizeed when she had moved to Kumogakure, and she hadn't done it for quite a while. The last time was when she and Kiyomi had visited their father. That seemed a life time away now even though it wasn't even a year. Midori wished that she and Kiyomi could have spend more days in the peaceful green fields were everything was just easy to understand. There was no political intrige there, or wars. There were just people that lived their lives and tried to live it in a nice way.

Next to her Akira mumbled something about horses as well and Midori told her that they would share a horse. She took this job seriously. No, she had to take it seriously 'cause otherwise her mother and her friends and she herself would suffer the consequences. Besides she didn't even know if Akira could ride. It was not something that was taught to everybody. For that matter, she didn't know if Reyna and Kaya could ride, but they would have to figure it out. She shot a glance back to Reyna and send a small grin to her. At least her good friend was here. That made up for something.

"Lead the way then." She said. And that the men did. The horses were fast and the road was even. The pale ANBU didn't speak more words to them and Midori didn't feel the need to converse with them. What did they have to say anyway. The only thing that went through her mind was that maybe some of these men had known Ryo. ANBU knew each other right? So it was totally possible. But she didn't ask. Instead she focussed on Akira who had mustered up the courage to ask questions and whine again. Midori tried to patiently respond to her, but the annoyance could be heard in her tone.

Still it didn't take too long before they could start seeing the outlines of the city that bore the name Konohagakure. They entered it only minutes later and despite not wanting to look enthousiastic Midori couldn't help but excitedly looking around. She had never been here and it looked amazing. But then the premise of their visit came looming over the horizon and the happy thoughts disappeared. Soon they would arrive at the palace, soon they would stand before the empress. Soon Midori would see her sister again and she had absolutely no clue what to say.

Reactions: RoranHawkins
S H I N R A, #00ccff
With: Team Sutā (15)​

With Mitsunari as a hostage, and with Sutā-sensei keeping tabs on him, who they had to rescue, she kept quiet as she listened to what Kazen-sensei may have planned. Nodding as Kazen-sensei gave them some important information regarding one of the way their other sensei may approach them, though with genjutsu instead, she was completely focused. Though the means about genjutsu and how it works runs in her own clan, she had a fairly good idea about how to break off of a genjutsu spell, if you were to fall in one, that is.

"Yes, I have some idea about how one, if aware, is able to render a genjutsu spell and its effect away." She said, with confident. Though once the question regarding their weaknesses or strengths was asked, and how Kazen-sensei never actually looked at their profiles, Shinra frowned for a second, though it was a simple, and perhaps a silly expression, wondering why she hadn't.

"Umm.. I am slightly not that great when it comes to endurance, though I am quite flexible and fast... And.. Oh yeah.. My Kekkei Genkai, the Tendōgan allows me to see things with greater details, if focused right, but I wouldn't rely on that, since I am still trying to get used to it.." Shinra was somewhat in her own train of thoughts, wondering if there was anything useful she missed. She took a pause before she decided to continue.

"Also, my ninjutsu is on a normal level, perhaps average, since I know how to use it to an extent, but I wouldn't say I'm great at it... Yet.. There is much to learn... Oh oh.. If anyone gets injured, I can use what I've learned through my medical ninjutsu training.. to perhaps heal?" She posed a question to herself, since she could only do one technique. It was a fairly new category for her, along with sensory and even genjutsu, which she was in the process of learning. This made her realize that there is so much potential and knowledge she needs to know before she can become the kunoichi she is aiming to be.

"So.. That's it Kazen-sensei... But.. What are we going to do about Mitsunari?" She asked a question, which was perhaps, and probably running in Akihiko's mind as well. She glanced at the both of them with her sky blue eyes and wondering what was next.