Hiroshi Akiyama - Iroh's Isle, brown
‘They’re already here?!’ Hiroshi thought with slightly widened eyes, listening to Hayashi’s words. His eyes returned to their original state once Hayashi ordered him to head down to the beach. He forced determination to overtake his face. Turning around, Hiroshi made his way to the beach. Not wanting to overwork his already worn out body Hiroshi kept a steady jog.

Hiroshi trying to think otherwise, the fact remained that his burning body wasn’t the only thing keeping him from taking his time. With chilled skin, he felt a bit nauseous. He was nervous, and a little scared. He wanted to take his time, the little time he did have, to get over the feeling. The closer he got the more nervous he became though. His breathing was shallow; he tried his best to remain calm. The beach was just up ahead, but once there…

Hiroshi stood frozen looking into the sky. Fucking rocks?! He watched one in particular, his eyes being the parents of it. Watching it as it was tiny, watching it as it grew. The rock came crashing down from the sky onto the beach, many more to follow. His stomach dropped at the scene; people scurrying to get into formation despite the attack, people being hit by the attacks. The groaning of the injured, the blood already spilled.

There was too much going on in just that short amount of time, to the point he just stared forth not sure what to do. He certainly had the power to ease their pain…He did didn’t he? So why wasn’t he doing so? Why wasn’t he moving? Shaking, Hiroshi tried to take a step forward; instead he ended up taking a step back. Putting a hand up to his mouth he fell to his knees feeling as if he was about to vomit. His body shook uncontrollably, why was he there? What was the point? He was weak! He couldn’t do anything! Atleast, that’s what was running through his head.

A gust of wind shot Hiroshi’s way due to the rocks. It knocked him onto the ground sending sand into his left eye. He sat up frowning, holding his eye. He was knocked out of the trance, but he still felt helpless in the situation. He doubted he would even be able to go out there without being crushed by a rock, what would happen if they got on land? Standing up he looked out, a frown still on his face. ‘What can I even do?’

Rini Yoto
Amegakure genin of Team 22.

Rini shivered as she took another bit of her soup. It was horrid in taste and though she was over half of it, Rini wondered how her mother could make something great out of vegetables, some meat and water. Perhaps she should've put more meat into the soup, but she had to watch over the money she had. Which wasn't much, so she couldn't afford much fancy tasting food.

Please, let it be over. Please, let it be over- Rini's eyes widened as she felt her stomach send forth a shock through her body. Opening her mouth, she puked. Trying to breath, she closed her eyes. Feeling horrible, she kept hoping that it would stop. That somebody would help her out. But another wave came up as the girl puked again.

Feeling weak, Rini fell on her knees as she tried to keep breathing. The nasty taste in her mouth didn't go away. But it was nowhere close to the pain. There she was, puking out her own food. Alone in her house. What a great kunoichi she was already.

Wanting to move away, Rini couldn't. She started to grow angry over her own weakness. Trying it, she managed only to raise herself up. Flushing the toilet, she took some paper to whip her mouth. But the bad taste still lingered her in mouth. And the anger didn't go away. Though it wasn't that late, Rini decided to walk, or rather drag herself more or less, towards her own room. Walking past her parent's room, she came to a slow halt. For a few seconds she simply stared to it. Ever since the attack, she hadn't dare to open the door. She couldn't. Lowering her head, she didn't cry. She had already cried enough. Walking towards her own room, she knew what she would do tomorrow.

Tomorrow she would test and push her limits again.​

Mika Hayashi,
Leader of the Revolution,

Iroh's Isle,
Mika didn't go straight towards the beach. She had to rally and give the commands to several units. Then when she quickly looked at the beach, she could see from even a distance at what was going on. Not deciding to stay at the fort, Mika went towards the beach as fast as she could. Most of the militia would stay at the fort, preparing it further in case that the assault would press the defenders at the beach away.

Several officers already started to shout orders as those who had been working on trying to set wooden stakes and such at the beach to fall back in order to escape the barrage of the Loyalists. Not fazed by the scene in front of her, Mika glanced to the left. Several formations of shinobi stood at the read. ''Ready their welcome! Let's make sure they won't forget this!''

More commands were shouted as the defenders moved away from the beach. Several groups of shinobi were formed together to repel the rocks. Some ninjutsu was used, but still, there were defenders getting hurt. While Mika took her position, she had to duck. A few shinobi had worked together in order to cut and push an incoming rock away. The rock was sliced in two, but the two parts managed to slam and hurt more people. Somebody kept screaming as the rock had landed on him, crushing his leg. Glancing over her shoulder, Mika noticed it. ''Cut his leg off.'' She commanded.

Glancing at the other formations, it was pretty easy to assume that the morale was being taking a beating due the fire of enemy artillery. ''Hold ground. Unleash hell on those dogs when they come over here.'' Mika shouted. ''Medics, attend to the wounded. Everybody else, prepare for combat, now!'' It felt odd, but she didn't feel worried. She felt calm as she would turn and stare at the enemy opposition. The barrage of rocks the least troublesome that they would receive.

The Empress Meets the Uchiha, crimson
In the Palace

During the Party

Summary:
Kiyomi is approached by Shozo Uchiha, the leader of the Uchiha and the two have an interesting game of words.

-*-
It seemed that both Hisoka and Shozo were late for the party. Both entered the wide hall when it was already brimming with people and buzzing with voices. For Hisoka, however, this was not true. He had been spending some time behind the scenes already, but now he finally made his grand entrance. Together with his father... Somehow Hisoka wished that that was different. Hate was a strong word to use to describe their relationship, but it was in no way based on friendship. Both men wore traditional kimono's colored in a shade of dark blue that was so often worn by their clan. On top of the kimono they both wore a striking white haori, but where Shozo's had the Uchiha clan symbol printed on the back Hisoka had the signs that signified that he was Hokage written in black. As if anyone needed that. They all knew who he was. But this was a formal occacion.

People parted for them. Shozo had his head high. Hisoka was a step ahead of him. Their zori making flip-flop sounds as they walked. The Hokage was the first to reach the new Empress. A small smile tugged on the corner of his lips when he saw her in an attempt to show her that he wasn't quite happy with the situation either. "I'd like to present Shozo Uchiha to the Empress of Akino." He said slowly as he stepped to the side allowing Shozo to come forwards. The man made a stiff bow.

"Forgive me for not bowing lower, I have sustained quite a backinjury a couple of days ago." The older Uchiha said, raising his head again.

For a moment, Kiyomi wanted to walk away. She didn't want to talk to either Hisoka or Shozo. But she hide her feelings well as she smiled back. Making a light bow towards both, Kiyomi already had the words in her mouth. ''I understand, Lord Uchiha-san. I hope it isn't anything bad. Might I else suggest we sit somewhere? Might be better for your comfort. '' She gestured to a small round table with a few chairs around.

Shozo inclined his head slightly. "That would be most kind." He took the initiative and walked forwards towards the table. Hisoka didn't follow. His eyes shot around to find a certain face, but he couldn't find her. For a moment he considered Kiyomi's shadow, but didn't speak. Nor did he apologize as he stepped away from the table and left the two. This was not a conversation he should be part of.

Shozo watched the retreating symbol of the Hokage make its way through the crowd, but then pulled a chair backwards and sat down, waiting for the girl to do the same.

Though Kiyomi wasn't sure what she would need to talk about with Shozo, she quickly glanced to Hisoka. For a moment, a cold shiver ran down her spine. She hadn't forgotten what he had shown her with his genjutsu. Those horrid memories. His memories. Following Shozo, she noticed that Hisoka went away. For a second, Kiyomi wanted to ask him something, but she couldn't. Trying to not linger on, she would walk towards the table to join Shozo. ''I'm glad that you could come Lord Shozo. I hope that you so far are able to enjoy the accomodations of the feast. If there is something you would wish for, please. '' Flashing a friendly smile, Kiyomi continued. ''I would be glad to hear so.''

Almost without noticing himself Shozo shove his chair slightly sideways so that the could observe the rest of the party as well as talk with the girl. His eyes went over the several clan leaders that had gathered here. Nara. Yamanaka. Hyuuga. His eyes rested on the Nimatsu boy for a second. Oh, he had heard the news. Interesting to say the least though he wasn't sure if he approved of the method. "The feast is certainly admirable." Shozo said as the girl finished speaking. He did an attempt at a fancy smile. "Must be strange for a kunoichi of your age to be the center of a party as this. Certainly not what you expected of your life I would assume?"

The question wasn't what made Kiyomi wary. It was what they had told her about Shozo. Keeping her smile up, Kiyomi slowly nodded. ''Oh indeed, Lord Uchiha-san. I grew up in a much more simple family and I still need to learn and adapt to all this.'' Kiyomi let in a short pause, as she tried to keep thinking about something she could say. It was a pain she couldn't be straight forward or better. Slap the man in the face. ''Then again, I don't think one can easily assume what they can expect, when they are being placed in a leadership of great importance. '' Kiyomi said. Like your son surpassing you, you fat oaf.

"Correct. But I am sure that you are aware that there are always people with more experience around you who would help you, might you be... struggling." Shozo took note that several eyes in the crowd were looking their way. Good, he thought. Let them know who is talking here. "No one can assume a leadership position without good advice. The Hokage himself still often visits me. So I hope you don't feel inclined to tackle everything on your own." He paused for a second and his eyes went over the crowd again. "If I may ask, I see the Hon are, for obvious reasons, present. Is the other side of your family visiting as well?"

Listening to the man, she wanted to tell him no. To the first words he had talked to her. Advise from him? ''Does he? I see.'' Kiyomi feigned an expression as if she was considering something. ''I'm most grateful that you've told me this, Lord Uchiha-san. I'll remember who has helped our Hokage so many times as you're most certainly right that every leader needs good advisors.'' Though the words were pure irony, she felt somewhat comfortable that he wouldn't know it. It would sound all like one big compliment. ''Oh, you mean the Sato's? '' Kiyomi asked, before she would continue. ''I fear that only my half sister will be coming to the feast, if she will be in time, Lord Uchiha-san.''

Shozo's eyes narrowed ever so slightly at the supposed compliment, trying to gauge if the words of the girl were truely genuine. He wasn't obvious. They were playing a game of words here. The winner was yet to be decided, but he had played this game many times unlike her. She was young. She was inexperienced. He on the other hand, had been practicing for years. He nodded once when Kiyomi mentioned the Sato, such a simpleminded name, and her half-sister. He smiled. "I look forward to her arrival then. I'm sure you must be glad that you will have someone of your age attending. I take it your friends couldn't make it?"

Kiyomi felt that he was poking her where he shouldn't. But she kept up her smile and friendly tone, though she felt like he was probably not going to just stay there. ''As do I. I'm sure that you would find her nice as she is a good person. The Savior of Kumogakure, none the less.'' Kiyomi said, feeling a bit of pride when she said it. Not sure if Midori would like it, but Kiyomi decided it would be better to say it instead of the man trying to find something to give Midori also a nasty time. ''As for my friends, I'm already happy that they can join the festival in the city. They must be quite happy now, as I am. '' Briefly her thoughts when to her team. To that 'friend'. ''Do you have any friends attending to the feast, Lord Uchiha-san?''

Savior of Kumogakure, Shozo raised his eyebrows slightly at that term, but didn't comment. Whatever that other girl was, she was part of a nomad clan, the lower clans of society. He would see for himself if this other girl posed any threat whatsoever. A Kumogakure family on the throne, he could still shake his head at the thought only, but he didn't. Shozo gestured to the room before the two of them, finally something akin to a real smile donned his face "You see my friends there," he said. "I have managed to build up good relations with almost all of the clanleaders present. They are all excellent men. Of course the children of the clan are enjoying the feast too today. Outside."

''I'm glad for you then, Lord Uchiha-san. '' No, she wasn't. She felt slowly growing angry at the man. But that was the whole game. He wanted her probably to make a wrong step. To just see her do it and then fall. Then it wouldn't matter if she had managed to overcome some doubts. Who would follow an Empress that would hurt one of her own subjects over a few words? Placing her hands on her lap, Kiyomi glanced at the crowd. Her eyes briefly tried to look for Zakito, Hisoka or Meisa. She wished that one of them would help her. ''It warms my hearth to hear that you're friends with many of the other clan heads. Though, might I ask you then what sort of flowers the head of the Yamanaka clan loves? '' Kiyomi asked. She turned her head to look at Shozo. ''I wish to honor her, as I did with Lord Akimichi-san. And besides, friends know things about each other, don't they? '' She smiled.

"Indeed they do. A gift for Miss Yamanaka... " Was this her test? To see if he knew his city? He knew more about it then she could ever dream of. He sat back a bit. "I would go for bush clovers, also called hagi. They are these lovely pink flowers that grown on vines. Their meaning is positive love. The Yamanaka clan adored them so much in the past that they put them in their clansymbol. To show that you know of this story and gift them with these flowers might show that you are genuine. Miss Yamanaka loves them especially much." He nodded to her another time before sitting up straight again. "But I shouldn't keep you occupied too long. People might get the wrong idea. Besides I wish to find my son's fiancée and speak a few words with her so if you could perhaps excuse me, or do you have any other questions for me, your Majesty?" The last two words were almost jocular.

Listening to Shozo, Kiyomi seemed to just accept his words with a smile. It was indeed troublesome that she couldn't get him with her previous question. As he asked if she had anymore questions for him, she decided to ask one more. She wanted to ask about to whom Hisoka was engaged as nobody had told her of such a thing. But she decided to ask something else first. ''I understand, though I've enjoyed our talk together Lord Uchiha-san. I see from who Hisoka has earned his best traits. '' She said, her words sounding like honey. The first true compliment she could give, as she meant the words. ''But I wonder if when the last time was when you gave Lady Yamanaka-san those flowers. I bet it must have been one good story.'' Raising herself up from the chair, she made a small bow towards the man. ''But I will need to attend to other people, if you would allow me, Lord Uchiha-san.''

"Last year on her birthday." Shozo replied on the same friendly tone. "And I would be glad to tell the story perhaps some time over a cup of tea? The uchiha compound with gladly open its doors for you." Shozo rose aswell and returned her gesture with the same stiff bow as before, now lowering his head below her eyes. "Of course. I have enjoyed our talk immensely." He raised his head slightly so that he could look into her eyes. "You have learned how to talk well." It almost sounded real.

Kiyomi stared back. She could remember the last time she had stared into the eyes of an Uchiha and what had came from it. But instead of wanting to cower away, she wanted to rip the eyes from their socket. This time, no smile was present on her lips. ''I'll inform my father of it then, Lord Uchiha-san. He would be glad to hear somebody complimenting me over how he raised me.'' For a moment longer, she kept staring before she would turn on her heels and walk away. Trying to control herself, Kiyomi didn't want to close her eyes. The images would be there. Waiting for her.

Reactions: Gerontis
Nazari Sutā
Team 15, Amegakure, Jounin Sensei

A late arrival, how unfortunate for the team. There was no emotion on her face, it was void of any feeling until Kazen was acting so foolish. Then it changed to annoyance, she stepped forwards and roughly brushed Kazen off of Shinra.
"You are late, five minutes late to be exact. Unlike Kazen, I do see a problem with that. Unlike Kazen, I will not act like it is alright to be late and I will not tolerate it, clear?" Nazari asked. Her tone was harsh, cold even and it dared both of them to contradict her. She then turned to her other students, the two that were on time and quite different. How interesting her team would turn out to be, if only one would have been on time. "It's time to train, we are not going to waste anymore time on formalities and chatter. I had wished to start tonight with a game you three might like but due to our late arrival, I think I will start with something else. Follow me," she said. With that she paid the owner what she owed him and bid him goodnight before gesturing for the others to follow her.

She could have been nice, said it was alright and left it at that. But that would give the wrong message, the view of her and she would not let it be seen as so. She wordlessly walked the streets of the village and to the training field. Then stopped at the forefront of it, this time she looked directly at Shinra Azuha.
"Because Shinra was late, everyone is to run 15 laps around the training field. But, after the fifth lap I want you to stop and do 20 push-ups then at then after the tenth, 25 sit ups and after the last lap, 20 jumping jacks," Nazari ordered. She believed that this would be the way to go, this would show them what happened when one was late and discourage tardiness. She looked to Kazen and decided to add something.

"Kazen, your other Sensei, will set the pace. If you fail to meet the pace, then you add to the amount of push-ups and sit-ups you have to do, understood?" Nazari asked. She was setting the bar rather high, but it was not impossible. In fact, she considered being kind, letting Kazen set the pace. She didn't think that Kazen would set it too fast or too slow, she would find the right one.

"When you are done, meet me at the tree in the middle of the training field, and yes Kazen, I expect you to join in their fun," Nazari said. She would then proceede to take out her journal, where she would take notes on everyone's performance.

Reactions: K3l
Akihiko Ken
Team 15
Tea Shoppe => Training Field 5,
Amegakure

Akihiko had to admit, he felt a bit of elation when the girl, Shinra introduced herself as a member of his team. After spending only a few moments with his team he could already see that they were a very excitable bunch. Needless to say his personality and excitable didn't exactly harmonize. It would be good to have a nice, calm and hopefully quiet girl on the team. And of course there was Kazen-sensei, who from the dispassionate looks she shot his way, clearly didn't like him. Oh well, life would go on. Nazari-sensei announced that they would be initiating their training and so he trailed behind his team as they made their way to the training field. "Because Shinra was late, everyone is to run 15 laps around the training field. But, after the fifth lap I want you to stop and do 20 push-ups then at then after the tenth, 25 sit ups and after the last lap, 20 jumping jacks." Akihiko made a mental sigh. His training had only just began and already he was being punished because of his teamates. There went his momentary elation. Because of this and his rapid shift into training mode, he decided to forego his introduction to Shinra. That could wait until later. He looked eagerly to Kazen-sensei as he thought, I'm ready whenever you are.

Last edited:
Reactions: IvoryHaze
S H I N R A - G E N I N, #00ccff
With: Team Sutā (15)​

Fortunately for her, the nervous introduction was a success, or so she thought. Kazen-sensei was quite cheerful when she hopped up and approached her quite blissfully. The reaction was quite surprising for her. Her sensei had immediately wrapped her arm around her shoulders. "Yes... Azuh--.. Shinra Azuha.." A smile was forced on her face. She did not know how to respond but that. Though it was a good thing that one of her sensei would be an uplifting person.

Only moments later, her sky blue eyes fell on Sutā-sensei, who, judging by the face, did not look happy at all. She did not see any type of reaction to her introduction, except the fact that she stood up from the table and removed Kazen-sensei's hand from around her shoulder. "Umm.. If I did anything wro--" She feared that she may have done something wrong, but again, it was something she assumed. But, she was interrupted before she could finish her sentence.

Her other sensei scolded her for being late. It was somewhat expected. This was exactly what her mother had warned her about, but there was nothing she could do. "Yes.. Sutā-sensei. This will not happen again. I deeply regret for being late." She bowed her head quite rapidly, though in a respecting manner. A couple of seconds later she lifted her head up, gazing at the other two beside her. They were students just like her, and she felt that she made a bad first impression to her team.

"Uhm.. It's a pleasure.." She nodded towards the rest of the team. However, it only took a short while before they had to leave the tea shop. It was because of what Sutā-sensei said, especially her last words, which stung her heart like if it was her own fault. Because of her that the plans seemingly had changed. Shinra silently accepted what her sensei said, though averted her eyes from her teammates. She was embarassed and disappointed in herself for whatever that was to come.

In reality, Shinra was an easy going person. She was just bad at first impressions, but in this case, she was late, which just made things worse for her, and difficult for her to speak like she normally does. Once both Kazen-sensei and Sutā-sensei started approaching the exit, while the rest followed, she was the last one to leave the tea shop. Tilting her head backwards, from the corner of her sky blue eyes, you could see that she was actually looking forward to drinking some tea with her new teammates. She could smell the beautiful fragrances from the many tea the shop had to offer. 'But... I wanted some tea first....' She pouted in her thoughts, before following her team.
_____

Minutes had passed, and they made it to the training field. She stood next to the fellow genin in their team. Akihiko Ken and Mitsunari Takeda. Once Sutā-sensei decided to speak and tell them about the unfortunate change of plans Shinra might have brought upon them, her look, her expression was filled with determination. She was ready to train, and to become an excellent kunoichi. Though once her sensei actually told them about what was in store for them, or how their training would start, her eyes slightly widened, as her expression was somewhat afraid and disappointed at the same time.

She was crying in her thoughts, because she knew that the session would be very tiresome. It would require quite the mental strength to be able to finish the 15 laps, the push-ups, the sit-ups and last but not least, the jumping jacks. Her eyes were locked onto the grass, as she felt that it was all her own fault, that her teammates had to go through this because of her. She diverted her eyes slowly towards her teammates, hoping they weren't giving her the killing look. But, she quickly moved her attention to both her sensei.

Sutā-sensei told them to meet up by the tree in the middle of the training field after their session was over, and the fact that Kazen-sensei was going to be behind the pace for it. She decided to brush off all the nervous thoughts from her mind and prepared herself. She was from the Azuha clan, and despite the fact that she did not care about the heritage, she would try her best no matter the training, though she knew that this was all about endurance. "I am ready for the session, Kazen-sensei." She stated, though couldn't really say anything to her teammates.

Last edited:
Shikaroku Nara, purple
Konoha Genin, Team 9
At the Meeting Place

He was glad to have a reason to avoid the festival. Not that he was against it by any means, but Shikaroku just didn't have the effort to put on a fake smile and pretend to be happy for it. Too much had changed recently.

The pills he had taken earlier had left him feeling numb, and Shikaroku wondered for a brief moment if he had perhaps taken more than he needed. He travelled slower than he would have normally and he couldn't tell if it was because of the pills, or if he just lacked the energy and motivation to push himself faster. The only solace he could find was that Hiron would be there. Shikaroku wasn't sure he was ready to face his sensei, but Hiron had proven many times that he was there to help.

Walking across the field, Shikaroku glanced up towards the top of the hill, spotting the large boulder on which he and Hiron had trained before leaving for the exams. Making his way steadily forwards, Shikaroku could not see anyone on top of the boulder but that didn't necessarily mean he was the first one here. The rock was a very large one, and he wouldn't know for certain if anyone else was there until he reached the top.

Pausing at the bottom of the hill, Shikaroku gathered a little chakra at the bottom of his feet, using it to help assist him in his climb. Cresting the top of the hill, Shikaroku moved straight onto the boulder, climbing slowly but steadily. As he reached the top, he noticed Hiron laying down near the middle. Not wishing to interrupt his sensei's thoughts, Shikaroku simply sat down, crossing his legs and steepling his fingers as he would wait.

Reactions: RedFox
Kaya Irozaki
Kumogakure genin,
Team 13.

Kaya rubbed her forehead. She wasn't in the best mood as it was so early. Too early. But she already knew who she had to blame for that. The 'Savior of Kumogakure'. Scoffing as she thought about it, she didn't like it. Why would they put her in charge of a team? Did they also put a turtle in charge of a ship? Kaya knew she that she shouldn't speak too loud. Some villagers did like their hero, their so called savior, but Kaya wondered if anybody remembered the attack of the Eight tails some years ago. How could they possibly call that person a hero?

Even if she had tamed the Eight tails, wasn't there not like a doubt that the beast would rampage again? How much guarantee was there? Kaya had so many questions, but none would be answered. Cause she wouldn't ask one. With a bitter mood, she went to the meeting place of Team 13. She didn't care if she would be a bit late. As long it wouldn't be too early and she would need to talk to her squad leader. Hero? No. Kaya didn't believe Midori Sato was a hero.

Approaching the meeting place, she was just in time to witness another girl not really talking that nicely to Midori. Which made Kaya frown as she slowed down a bit. Apparently she wasn't the only one who perhaps saw Midori as a threat? That would be a relief. In silence, she gave the other girl some bonus points. ''Morning. Kaya Irozaki, reporting in.''

The words were spoken with a neutral tone. With a blank look, Kaya didn't want to think about her earlier thoughts. She noticed another, smaller and perhaps younger girl, who seemed to be quite sad. Yes, this team was a real winner. Nothing to be afraid off, like she was told before.

Takeshi Shun & Team 2, Gold
FLASHBACK!
The Meeting of Team 2! - Kirigakure Training Fields
A collab between: ChromeHound, Fieryfly, Nytefall and Agent B52
(Roughly one week before the Chuunin Exams)

Summary:
Takeshi finishes his spar with Shiro and meets his two newest members, from there he decides to give them a brief training exercise that doesn't necessarily go as planned.​

Stretching out his stiffened limbs, Takeshi finally stood. It was getting to the point where he should probably start trying to find the other members of his team. Turning to glance briefly at Shiro, he wondered how his team would get along. Something caught his eye however, and he turned back to see a figure heading towards them. Strange, he thought. It wasn't someone he recognized, but Takeshi didn't worry too much. He decided to wait for the figure to come closer. Leaning against a nearby tree, Takeshi yawned and watched the boy's approach.

Kichiro leisurely strolled onto the training grounds, easily a good half an hour early. First impressions were important, and this counted doubly so for teammates that would have his back for the coming months. It was for the same reason that his current attire was a bright red kimono with a very convincing fake sword. At first glance, the very picture of a wandering noble. Given the first thing that any team did was a spar, he would promptly turn their assumptions against them.

The idea that they might see through his disguise did not once enter his mind. While their jonin sensei might see through it Kichiro was quite confident his acting skills would fool fellow genin. Plus even if they did somehow pick up on the lie too soon, the Kimono cloth was intentionally weakened to tear in strategic places, with a basic dirt brown training Gi underneath. If need be he could ditch the disguise in an instant in favour of more practical clothes that suited his preference for taijutsu.

He knew his new team was to gather at this particular training ground but other than the name of 'Takeshi Shun' he knew little details. Thus when his gaze fell on a man in a black longcoat with the Mist plate strapped to his chest, he assumed that the man was his new teacher. From the corner of his eye, Kichiro spotted someone else on the field as well. A fellow student most likely. Showtime then. He made a formal bow precisely as ettiquette prescribed.

"Kakurenbo Kichiro reporting for duty, SIR." he announced himself, once again following protocol to the letter.

Cocking his head to the side, Takeshi stared at the newcomer for a long moment. A small smirk tugged at the corners of his mouth. "Well, Kakurenbo Kichiro, it is nice to meet you. But what duty is that exactly?" He raised an eyebrow curiously, and took note of the boy's attire. Everything about him screamed excess, but Takeshi couldn't help but think that it somehow fit the kid.

"Sir, to serve Kirigakure as a member of Team 2, SIR!" Kichiro responded instantly. The textbook answer really, mostly because he had not expected this question as an opener. At least the man did not question his act or expose it in any way. His posture was still rigid at attention, so he could not see if the other student was looking at him or not. He assumed she was and did not communicate to his teacher about why he was acting the way he did yet.

Not lowering his eyebrow, Takeshi took abother long look at Kichiro. Am I getting another replacement? He thought to himself, for a single moment wondering if he was truly that poor of a sensei. Standing to his full height, Takeshi crossed his arms, a playful look growing on his face. "Do I really come across as someone who desires to be called sir?" He asked the boy, the amused look still on his face. Takeshi knew nothing about Kichiro, but so far he liked the boys enthusiasm, though he was going to have to tone down the formalities. Being called sir made him feel so... old.

"It is both protocol and a gesture of respect sir. You are my superior." Kichiro replied. A bit of his true personality shone through, he did respect the man simply on the basis that he was their jonin sensei. His previous sensei had that one message drilled into their collective skulls very well.

Shiro stretched looked at her ankle "Healed quite nicely thanks to sensei" She muttered to herself. Standing up she bounced up and down testing out her ankle a little. Satisfied that her ankle was fine she looked over at the person who had approached Takeshi. He introduced himself with a bow as Kakurenbo Kichiro. Shiro walked over to Takeshi looking at Kichiro in a shy manner. He was wearing a bright red Kimono and equipped with what looked like a sword, though shiro was not much of a weapons expert so she wasn't able to tell. Shiro bowed back Kichiro looking at his feet as she spoke. "So you're are new team member then?" blushing slightly she looked at him startled "I'm sorry I never introduced myself, My name. Ummmm. My name is Shiro Konton. And you're Kichiro. Kakurenbo Kichiro. It's very nice to meet you"

Kichiro immediately snapped off a salute at her. "At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; separated from law and justice he is the worst." he responded. Idly he wondered if he was laying it on too thick.

Nah.

The fourth one to enter the trainingsfield, if you included the sensei, was Nami. After the obnoxious boy had left the graveyard she had spend a couple more minutes staring the grave of her brother before finally getting up. She had dusted of her clothes with a certain precision and had left the gloomy place. To her astonishment however she found the same obnoxious boy that had been bugging her on the trainingsfield. For a moment she could do nothing but stare at him. Really? She would have to keep up with him? Her hands searched for the note she had received in one of the pockets of her wide pants. It really said that she had to come to this field. Well, that was just great. Nami's face got blank as she walked forwards to the older man on the field who was undoubtedly her sensei. She bowed as she arrived before him, ignoring the two other students at first though she caught both of their names.

"I was told to come to this field and hand you this note,sir." She said as she offered the paper to Takeshi. "I'm Nami Tachibana." She straightened and send a look to both of the Genin.

It was good that he was standing at attention already, for otherwise Kichiro would have noticably frozen in place. The girl from the graveyard, Nami Tachibana, was on his team and she had seen him with his mask off. More than that he had given her a clear view of his capabilities as well. No, he calmed himself, the game was not up yet. The lie would only have to last up until their first spar after all. He would have to convince her his current behaviour was his serious 'on duty' face.

"Again with the sir?" Takeshi lamented, to noone in particular. Sighing he took the note from the newest arrival and read it. His eyes opened slightly wider in mild surprise. "Well Nami, it is a pleasure to meet you. Welcome to the team... The ever growing team..." He was definitely a little confused as to why the Mizukage had decided to put more students on his team, perhaps she had forgotten he already had students... Oh well, Takeshi would bring it up with her later. Turning back to face the three in front of him he had to fight back a smile. They certainly were a mixed bunch at the very least. His eyes briefly moved past the three genin scanning around to see if Natsume would arrive soon.

"So..." He began, clasping his hands together in front of him. "How about you all introduce yourselves to each other?" Folding his arms across his chest, Takeshi leaned back and simply waited to see what the genin would do.

Shiro looked back at the ground blushing intensely at Kichiro's reply. When it was her turn to introduce her self she looked back at the ground and twideled with her thumbs saying quietly. " My name is Shiro Konton of the Konton Clan." Shiro ended her introduction with a short bow.

Nami assessed her other teammate as she replied to her sensei. "Thank you, si-" She bit her tongue. She had heard his words. Obviously he didn't like it when she called him sir, so she should refrain from doing that which was weird to her. Father always wanted her to call him sir, but she would have to remember that this guy was different. Spinning on her heels she faced her teammembers. Kichiro she had obviously already met and the other girl looked shy. Polite as ever Nami bowed back to her. "As I told sensei just now my name is Nami Tachibana. No clan, or at least none I know of. It is very nice to meet you Shiro and... Kichiro." With the last words she raised her head to look at the boy. Whatever he was trying to achieve with this ridiculous get up, she didn't buy it. He had seemed way more genuine on the graveyard, singing with his friends, being annoying and talkative. He still got that last part down it seemed along with being ridiculous. But as long as he was a fine ninja than she wouldn't mind him around.

Kichiro himself ignored Nami's stare for the moment. Shiro blushed. Why had she blushed? Sheer presence? Curses! His manly aura struck again. Not that this mattered into his current plan much, the persona he wore for the occasion was not the type to notice such things immediately. Time for his own proper introduction. Duty bound, honourable, and spoiled. With the possible exception of the first, around the opposite of his actual personality.

"A pleasure, miladies. As you have already heard, Kichiro Kakurenbo," at this point he bowed, " at your service." he introduced himself once again. His tone held an ever so slight simmer of arrogance that would be typical for someone raised a noble.

"Blood type oh-negative by the way." he told Shiro with a pointed look, or in other words: I am aware of your bloodline, and can donate blood if needed. His gaze shifted over to Nami.

"Nami-san, once again apologies for my earlier behaviour, such an act is normally beneath me."

Shiro's shy facade quickly dispated when Kichiro mentioned his blood type. Her Shy face and body language changed to one full of aggression. "What did you just say Kimono boy?! What makes you think I'll EVER. Need any of your blood?!" Shiro's wounds from the spar with Takeshi opened up blood boiling from the open wound illustrating her current rage.

"You think that I need you to tell me to becareful as well?! I can look after myself!" As she began to raise her fist towards Kichiro she stopped. Come on Shiro, he doesn't know anything about you. He meant nothing by it. Shrio's fist droped down to her side as she took a deep breath.

"Sorry about that, I'm quite hot blooded. Get it?" Shiro Chuckled nervously. "Let's try this again, without the shy girl act. My name is Shiro Konton. Please to meet ya." Shiro bowed to Kichiro.

"I'm very sorry for the outburst"

Kichiro raised his eyebrow slightly. When the girl moved to attack he had switched to a stance to either block or dodge whatever was about to come his way, but the sudden apology caught him off guard.

"Apology accepted. I merely thought it would be... prudent given your clan's reputation." he replied slowly. Inside he cried. Puns! So many puns! They could have had a PUN OFF! Alas that would be out of his current character. Decidedly something they should try later though. On another note he was amused to note he was not the only one who decided to wear a mask today.

What was with the outburst of emotion, Nami thought annoyed. Ninja's should be collected. They should never show what they truely feel or what they truely think. Apparantly Shiro didn't have this down as her temper flared when Kichiro offered his blood. It was a weird thing to say, that was true, but no need to get all jumpy about it. In the end Shiro perhaps was not so shy and Kichiro was still lying. She didn't believe it when he said singing and laughing with his friends was below him. So everyone was basically not telling the truth here. That was a good start. Nami decided just not to reply, but instead looked over to her new sensei. Maybe he would finally let them do something besides talking?

Watching the scene before him with mild amusement, Takeshi rolled his eyes. At least they're a spirited bunch, he thought to himself, absently scratching the back of his head. Takeshi took a thoughtful look at each of the genin, wondering how well they would ever get along. For a moment he pondered what Mika would do in this situation, but he quickly pushed that thought aside as he'd rather not have a bunch of dead students on his hands.

Takeshi cocked his head to the side as he surveyed his newest teammembers. The Kichiro fellow was trying a little too hard to keep up his act. Takeshi wasn't quite sure what the boy was trying to hide, but he had dealt with enough deceit in his time to know an act when he saw one. Shiro was... fiesty as ever, but she had managed to bring herself under control which was a good sign. Turning his attention to Nami, Takeshi realized that she was looking at him as well. This one seems quiet, he mused to himself. Nami appeared to be the straightest out of the bunch so far, but Takeshi felt like there was something more to the girl...

Letting out a loud sigh, Takeshi realized that they were probably waiting on him to give them all something to do. It was a realitvely strange situation that he found himself in, he had come to the training fields to help Shiro learn, and in the process had discovered that he apparently had two new students. Takeshi certainly hadn't planned a group training session yet... Thinking on his feet, he came up with a plan.

"Well... that was lovely. Now that you all know each other I suppose we can move on." Leaning forwards again, Takeshi stood to his full height and clasped his hands in front of him. "So, how about a team exercise to get us all warmed up?" He posed the question to the group, a bemused expression on his face.

"A team excercise sensei?" Shiro said her mind thinking back to the morning training she had already done "What kind of excercise. I've been training with my Grandmother since Dawn. But, I guess I'm up for some more training then. What did you have in mind?"

Kichiro perked up at the mention of an exercise. That was something he was ALWAYS up for. He snapped back to stand at attention again.

"Ready." he said simply, eyes shining.

Nami wondered what her sensei was thinking when he caught her glance. Whatever it was it was forgotten when sensei mentioned a team exercise. Everyone got excited. Nami quietly fixed her hair, using a long pin to tie it up into a knot. "Sounds good." She said. She was excited though. Even though she had already gotten training before it had been private. This was the start of her career as a shinobi here. That was quite something.

A grin growing on his face, Takeshi looked at the three genin in front of him and clapped his hands together. "Excellent! Well, seeing as you all seem to get along so well, you are going to have to work together to achieve the goal. And that goal is..." Takeshi paused for dramatic effect, reaching one hand into his pouch.

He grabbed the item he had brought along to train with Shiro, had she not chosen to spar instead, and withdrew it from the pouch. Holding it clenched in his fist, Takeshi wondered how well this exercise would function with only one of the required elements. ”… to get this bell from me before the end of the day!” Staring around at the three genin in front of him, Takeshi revealed the bell to them, hoping that they would enjoy the exercise. Had he been aware that he would be receiving two new students today, he would have planned a better one. As it was, he was stuck with the bell exercise, albeit a simpler version seeing as he only had one bell with him.

”If you fail to get the bell from me by sundown, then you will all be punished. But if one of you manages to get the bell, that person will receive a special reward.”

Kichiro placed his hands within his sleeves.

"Question, we start right now?" he asked.

Glancing at Kichiro, Takeshi paused for a moment. "Did I say go?" Takeshi asked, sounding mildly hurt. "You haven't even asked what the reward is..."

Inside his sleeves, Kichiro's hands came to a halt on the monkey seal.

"I do like surprises. Example: MITSUO!" he said as the technique activated. Hidden from view beneath his sleeves he had run through the handseals already, so all that was needed was for him to activate the illusion. A blinding flash of light emanated from his body. Kichiro knew his sensei was fast, all jonin were. Faster than the speed of light though, he doubted that. He burst forward to capitalise on the brief moments the man was blinded to make a grab for the bell. Should that fail, he'd have to pull back so he could make up a plan with his teammates.

It was this famous test. Nami had heard about it. You were supposed to pass it by using all of the team members thus learning that teamwork is better than solo attacks or something like that. Kichiro didn't seem to care, but Nami decided to help him anyway. She wasn't going to fail this if some guy was ego tripping. As soon as Takeshi said go, Nami was moving. It was probably not completely fair since he hadn't technically said that the test had started, but ninja's didn't play fair. Keeping her eyes on Takeshi, Nami started to run around him. Her sensing focussed as she pulled out several shuriken and formed at seal, infusing the things with Wind Chakra. With that she threw them to her sensei. Now she would be able to manipulate them and hopefully assault the bell with it. She had no intention to really attack Takeshi, because the attacks would probably not work anyway.

Shiro shook her head, She already had a general idea of Takeshi,'s fighting style and as a Jōnin he would definatly be a challenge to fight. She did know first hand how strong he was. "Guys becareful how you approach him!" Even though Takeshi hadn't even said go that didn't stop Kichiro who was already running head on into the fight. Shiro had already tried that but Kichiro's approach was to blind their sensei and land a hit. Shiro smiled. Clever boy She thought to herself. Shiro was thankful that the wound on her shoulder were still open from when she had raged at Kichiro. Making the necessary hand signs the blood from her open shoulder wounds formed spiked shoulder pads. The blood traveled down her shoulders to her fists forming spiked knuckle dusters. Shiro was not going head staright into the fight with Crimson lightning. She would proably hit a team mate. Instead she just watched the two charge in and waited for the moment Takeshi tried to dodge.

Interesting. Takeshi thought to himself the moment that Kichiro’s mouth opened. The brilliant flash of light indeed blinded him, but Takeshi was swift to react. Clutching the bell in his fist, he briefly wondered if he was happy or disappointed with the sudden attack. On one hand Kichiro had not waited for him to say go, and as a result Takeshi had not even had a chance to move the bell from his hand. But… at the same time a shinobi used every advantage they could in order to achieve their goals. A slight smile touching his face, despite the temporary blindness, and Takeshi whipped himself into motion. He had begun spinning his body the instant that the light had blinded him, suspecting a follow-up attack. Releasing chakra from his tenketsu, Takeshi performed the great whirlwind defense technique, forming a revolving barrier that would push back anything that got within several feet of him. Though he was blinded, Takeshi could still hear perfectly fine, and so he focused on that, listening to hear his students moving around him. It was quite evident that none of them were practitioners of silent killing, not that he had expected them to be, but it made it relatively easy to make out where the genin were. He held the technique for several seconds, building up chakra for his next defense.

The instant he lowered the barrier and stopped spinning, Takeshi unleashed a wave of chidori current around his body. The lightning would lash out sporadically hitting anything within several meters of him. The current wasn’t strong enough to wound any of the genin, but it was strong enough to cause numbness as well as a sharp pain wherever it struck. And if any of the students were caught within the lightning field they would most likely be paralyzed for several seconds.

Slowly, his eyes began working properly again. Takeshi still didn’t have his full vision back but he could at least make out fuzzy shapes. Let’s see how well they can react, Takeshi mused as he kept up the chidori current.

As Kichiro's face met the spinning barrier, he thought to himself that he really should have seen something like this coming. Reeling back he barely kept to his feet, instinctively clinging to the basic stance. The try was still worth it though, if only because it revealed not one but two of Takeshi's techniques. The spinning barrier was something he had no answer to at the moment. As for the lightning defense though, he ba rely needed to think. Two kunai were up in the air headed for his teacher's torso the moment he saw the first spark.

While the knives flew Kichiro briefly turned his attention to his teammates.

I distract, you flank? he hand-signalled to them. His illusion only impaired vision after all, so it was best not to shout out loud what they were up to.

Shiro watched Kichiro's attack bouncing of their sensei's barrier, she smiled inwardly. Head on attacks were only going to work if they could catch him of guard. Watching Kichiro she saw him signal to herself and Nami. So he wanted to be the distraction? Fine by me. She thought to herself. However she was at a disadvantage, she was a close comabtant but from what she could tell Takeshi had several defences to taijutsu and was fairly proficent in it himself. Well then she would just have to improvise. She waited to see how Nami reacted before she made her move.

Who appointed him leader? Nami thought looking to Kichiro as her shuriken flew back in several directions. Did he think he was the most experienced one of the bunch? Or the most clever? So far all he had done was set off some barrier and that surely didn't help. Not that it had damanged her or anything but they should have been planning carefully and then launch one grand scale attack to get the bell in one try. That would have been the most effective. With her hands still in the seals she had formed before she steered the shuriken back to Takeshi as she caught Kichiro's signal. He was the distraction? That was good, that meant that he could get hurt while she and Shiro could go unharmed. She sent two shuriken to launch themselves through the storm to Takeshi's hand that was holding the bell, while the other two would fly to meet her sensei's legs. Hopefully the natural avantage wind held over lightning would help the projectiles to meet their target.

Seeing Nami firing the shuriken she moved in. Activating Ligtning Crimson she speed towards their sensei aiming for his legs, should she grab them she would bring her sensei crashing into the ground with a bone breaking dump tackle following his grounding with an amplified punch to the chest with enough strength to shatter bone. The moment she entered the range of Takeshi's Chirdori she felt the paralyisis taking over. She pushed through the numbing effect, however if she did miss or even if she did hit Takeshi. Shiro would take some time to recover from the paralyisis. Shiro hoped that her speed would allow her to get the hit in and move out of the way or, failing that she would use her speed to move away from Takeshi. Hopefully her team mates would cover her after her attack.

Making out the blurry shapes of his students, Takeshi could see them moving. His vision was not yet good enough to make out the two kunai that Kichiro had thrown towards him however, and so he made no move to dodge them. The kunai travelled straight towards their target until they hit the chidori current. Once the metal kunai impacted with the current of lightning, they vibrated violently before being repelled. Takeshi’s vision was still clearing, and he caught just a glimpse of movement from the corner of his eye as Nami threw her shuriken towards him. Takeshi didn’t bother attempting to dodge them, as he knew the chidori current would be able to stop incoming projectiles. He didn’t realize however, that they were coated in wind chakra.

One of the shuriken’s chakra coating was too weak to break through the chidori current, and as a result it was repelled, the other three managed to pass through and continued towards their target. The wind coating protected the shuriken against the majority of the lightning, but they couldn’t fully negate the current’s force. As a result, two of the shuriken were pushed off course by quite some degree, while the third was shifted only slightly. It struck Takeshi across his arm, slicing through the skin. Gritting his teeth, Takeshi glanced over at Nami… Interesting… His vision was now at about 80% and he had to turn back as he noticed Shiro charging towards him.

Despite the paralyzing nature of the chidori current, Shiro was still coming towards Takeshi with quite some speed. Waiting until the last moment, he shifted to the side and sent a vicious side kick towards the charging girl. Takeshi had coated his foot with chakra, not to add strength to the attack, but to protect himself from the hardened blood 'spikes' that protruded from Shiro's body. He had come close to getting caught by them the first time he had sparred with the girl, and he had no intention of getting caught by them this time.

Kichiro practically stood still opposite of his teacher. Almost casually he snatched one of his own kunai on the rebound out of the air. The damage to the blade showed him that punching the field would be exactly as painful as it looked. Then Nami did something that allowed her shuriken to pierce the cloak, while Shiro demonstrated that enough force would also break through. Even as he considered a dozen different tactics at once his body moved on instinct to catch Shiro as she was launched away. Deftly he grabbed her hand and with a spin straight out of a tango set her down next to him.

A plan had formed in his mind. He paid no heed to Shiro next to him, she was out of it for the moment due to the paralysis and he had nothing that could help with that. Instead he flapped his sleeves up and down before he initiated another set of handseals that ended with him making the monkey seal behind his head. Arms wide, one foot in front of the other and hips thrust forward, Kichiro posed.

"MITSUO!"

Immediately he pulled out two extra kunai as well as one of his fishing wires. In the blink of an eye the kunai were tied together at the o-ring on their end with a good 4 meters of wire between them. Then with one foot on the wire to ensure ground contact, Kichiro started on a series of rapid jabs into the electrical field. This particular wire conducted electricity, and thus functioned similar to a lightning rod. In theory the only thing Kichiro would feel would be the physical force of the field trying to repel him, and hopefully this would ensure that Takeshi paid attention to him and him alone.

He prayed Nami would take advantage quickly because Kichiro had no illusions about how long he would last once the jonin started to make an active countermove.

Shiro had expected Takeshi's counter attack to work but thanks to the numbing effect of his chidori she didn't feel his foot connect with her stomach. As she was knocked away from Takeshi she saw, out of the corner of her eye Kichiro grabbed her hand and lay her down on the ground next to him. She looked at him angrily. "I didn't need you to grab me, I would've come to a graceful landing by myself." Getting to her feet she stood staring at Kichiro defiantly. But this lasted for about 2 seconds before she collapsed back to the ground. Her body was still numb, she waited for a bit regaining her stregnth before standing. "Well I would've been fine any way" She pouted. Shiro looked around, she was not much of a ranged girl but she could make use of the land around her. Close by she spotted a few rocks lying about. Picking it up she weighed it in her hand. "This will do nicely"[\b] As blood spread to the rocks in her hand she turned these harmless rocks into spikey crimson balls. Activating Lightning Crimson she began throwing them at Takeshi. She only had three but she followed these up with ten shuriken thrown so that each shuriken came at him from each side.

What the hell was Kichiro trying to do, Nami thought. Was he stabbing the lighting strikes? What was that going to accomplish? Besides him getting hurt. She was now standing to the side of Takeshi, seeing as he had partly turned to face Shiro. What she had been able to see from her abilities was pretty interesting. At least the girl had the same idea as she had. Getting close to her sensei wouldn't work. They would only get hit. If they could get enough ranged attacks in they could maybe get Takeshi to change his tactics, dropping those lightning strikes. Following Shiro's example Nami also pulled out some more shuriken, again infusing them with wind chakra. But she wouldn't do the same thing twice, that was unwise and unlikely to work. She threw them in the same fashion, but as they left her hand, she made one seal and blew out a stream of wind. The shuriken picked up in speed and raced towards Takeshi twice as fast asbefore.

His attention had turned back to Nami immediately after Kichiro caught Shiro. At the moment, Nami's wind release was the biggest threat, and Takeshi wasn't about to make this easy for them. He heard Kichiro shout something from the side, but Takeshi wasn't about to turn and get caught by that blinding flash technique again. Looking past Nami, he noticed the forest off in the distance. Hmm... He thought to himself, before making a very slight movement, and then... he took off running. The chidori current remained in place for a second or two longer as Takeshi moved with so much speed that the current only disappated when he was about 18 meters away. The current remained just long enough to block Shiro's shuriken, but her rocks were able to punch through the lightning field as there was no metal in them for the current to block. Takeshi had moved out of range however, moving with close to his full speed in order to reach the forest without delay. After all, the purpose of this training was not to fight the students, it was to stop them from getting the bell. Let's see how they cope with this, he thought to himself with a grin as he entered the forest.

Shiro watched Takeshi dodging her rocks. She noticed specifically the ones that punched through his shield. Very interesting She thought to herself. Watching Takeshi moving out of their range she saw where he was heading, to the forest. "Guys!? I don't want to worry you but if he gets to the forest he will most likely have a great advantage over us!" Her words were to late as Takeshi moved with great speed into the forest disappearing from Shiro's view. "Great, now we have to deal with him attacking us from the shadows.'

Shiro took this brief respite to catch her breath. Her arms were beging to ache; a sign that she was over using her bloodline. Shrugging off the aches she turned to her team mates. "We're going to need a plan of attack if we want to catch him and that bell. Any ideas?"

"Well my plan was basically 'surprise blitzkrieg' and that didn't work out." Kichiro admitted with a shrug. As he feared there was no way through the barrier though his lightning rod idea worked.

"I do have another one though, but first off: Sorry, I was lying you earlier, I'm not nearly as stuck up as tried to look like at first. A trick to try and gain an advantage should we have to spar against each other, but one that is unnecessary now. Also I don't use a sword, this thing's a stage prop. My specialties are taijutsu and some genjutsu. Now then, as for plans, how's this?" Kichiro said, and made a clone. He then promptly transformed himself into Nami, accurate right down to the bit of the tattoo he had managed to spot earlier.

"Me and myself and Shiro-san go out initially with Nami-san hidden. On the way we can switch out a couple of times just to add to the confusion." he went on. It was likely Takeshi would focus on the one that could beat his lightning shield first, hence why Kichiro chose to impersonate Nami.

"I have to admit it is a good idea Kichi my man. However we do need to remember that he has a massive advantage over us being in that forest. Sure it's three against one but that one is a skilled shinobi. Oh and as for that prop, do you mind if I borrow it? I am not exactly a gifted swordsmen but all i need is something to channel my bloodline through and that there sword of yours will do nicely. If you don't mind kindly letting me take it from you that is?"[\b] Shiro had plans for Kichiros prop sword with her kekei genkai she could easily slice through Takeshi's chidori barrier.

With a shrug Kichiro tossed the prop over.

"It's wood with a lead core just so you know. I originally planned to throw it at someone so it's sturdy enough to whack someone with." he added as an afterthought.

Grabbing it she activated her Kekei Genkai. Blood slowly covered the blade turning the wooden prop into a fully fledged sword. "Well I'm tapping out here, I can maintain this and my armour so no my rocks i'm afraid. However I should be able to slice through his chidori barrier using this" Giving the blade a few test swings into a tree she was able to carve deep scars into the trees trunk. "Yeah this will work"

"You are a bad liar." Nami deadpanned as she gave Kichiro a look. Or maybe it was giving herself a look since Kichiro had taken the liberty of transforming into her. It was strange to see yourself. This was not how she acted at all. He carried himself all wrong. But whatever, the initial plan was okay except for one flaw. They wouldn't be able to find Takeshi in the forest as she was pretty sure they didn't have any sensing capabilites. She on the other hand was perfectly aware were the man was. The question was, how was she going to bring that up. She had promised Farther not to talk overly much about the sensing, but if she didn't now then they might lose the exercise.

"I can find him." She finally decided to say, not specifying how she would be able to do that. "I can direct you guys to him, hide, as Kichiro suggested, and wait for a time to strike. The forest doesn't give him as much of an advantage as he might think. Unless he moves really far away there is no way I can lose him in this range." Her eyes shot to the forest. "So let's go?"

"Merely out of shape. I have not acted in half a year and I played the class clown for over five years before that." Kichiro said as he examined her with a critical eye. He had the wrong pose he saw, too far to the left compared to the original. Also still far, far too energetic. He clasped his hands and took a deep breath. Focus. The remains of his smirk vanished and a much more focused expression settled on his face. Better, though he needed a few more steps to get down the same grace and bearing as Nami had.

"Let's go." he nodded, satisfied.

As the genin entered the large forest, they would at first notice nothing. Only Nami would be able to notice that there were now four identical chakra signatures hiding throughout the forest. Two of them were moving away with some speed, while the other two remained hidden, far apart from each other.

Upon entering the forest Nami bit her lip as she concentrated. She should have figured that her sensei wouldn't be stupid, but to use three Shadow Clones? Quite a risk she would say, but then again, as her sensei had made clear this was not about fighting as much as it was about coming up with a good strategy. "There are four of him." She said to the other two Genin. "So three shadow clones, one real sensei with bells. I think we should eliminate them one by one as stealthy as possible. We could split up but I doubt that one of us is capable of landing a hit on him while being alone. Besides seeing as he has created quite some distance between them it seems like he expects us to break up, knowing that we can't win on our own."

"Agreed." Kichiro replied. It was logical, especially since he already had the transformation and the clone going.

"I think it would be best to let Kichiro clone go first, then Shiro, then me, then Nami last as hidden reserve." he observed.

Shiro nodded, looking around her all she saw were trees. She was no sensory type ninja. Shiro was more of a punch things into submission kind of girl. On edge Shiro found herself flinching at the slightest noise. "Jesus Shiro. Pull yourself together!' She whispered this to herself as she held the blood blade in her hands. "That's all well and said but we're not going to be able to get close enough to him without him sensing us. I say we rush him and catch him off guard. In a way he has kind of doomed himself by walking into this forest. From what I can tell Kichiro you are like me and prefer close combat. We have the advantage of their being two of us. However those clones of his will quickly come to his aid the moment we seek him out. The only tactic that comes to mind for me is to beat him face to face. Sneaking up to him just wont work."

With her view and idea put on the table she waited for the others to reply. True it wasn't the best tactic, charging him straight on but Shiro was confident that they would find sneaking up on him impossible.

"Well, let's go then and move." Nami said ushering the two forward. "I'll be behind you and guide you in the right direction. You two take him down." She continued as she rushed towards the first chakra signature she could find. It wouldn't take them long to arrive and for Nami to fall back and let the others move in first. In all honestly this was not only because she could sense the others and because the others were better at close range, mainly it was because if those two dumbasses could hold him off she could get the bell when the man was distracted. Given that this would be the guy with the bell of course.

The genin made their way through the forest, closing in on Takeshi's position. Walking in front of the group, Kichiro focused his effort on remaining in character. He hadn't known Nami for long enough to know every subtle nuance and quirk, but he was betting that their sensei would be in the same boat. Kichiro's clone kept in line behind Shiro, doing his best to not give away the fact that he had no substance.

"You guys are about as quiet as a stampede..." Takeshi spoke out suddenly, sounding disappointed. The jounin was standing on a thick branch high above the genins, leaning against the tree. Sighing, he shook his head. In reality, the genins hadn't done that bad a job of moving quietly through the forest, but Takeshi was used to fighting shinobi who were masters of Silent Killing, and that had forced him to be a lot more perceptive. "So what now?" He asked, a touch of amusement in his tone as he folded his arms across his chest.

Shiro's head snapped upwards at the branch that Takeshi was standing on. "Whatever you say Sensei" Smirking she crouched down onto all fours looking up at the branch. "I know that you're really fast, but so am I. I can push my muscle to almost super human levels in fact. From what I read one of my clansmen went toe to toe with an eight gates user. They still lost but that just shows the power that I weild! And now. You get to have a taste of it. Unlike are last scuffle I was holding back but now, I'm comming at you full force!'

Activating her lighting crimson jutsu she pounced off the ground and at Takeshi leaving a large crack in the hardened earth. Her muscle screamed in pain, reflected by Shiro actually shouting in pain as well. if this didn't work then she was out of ideas. Shiro was not even sure if she would be able to stand after pushing her muscle so hard. From her own assesment of her own body she had certainly torn a muscle ruptured a vein and possibly fractured her ankle but there was no time for pain! Out strecthing her arms her aim was to perform a high speed rugby tackle off the tree and onto the floor. She had enough force to break his ribs, but only if she hit. If she missed then Shiro would certainly fly off and land somewhere far away from Takeshi.

Seeing Shiro moving in to attack, Kichiro attempted to distract Takeshi so that his teammate could take the jounin down. His clone stepped forwards and shouted, "Mitsuo!" Because it was a simple clone and incapable of actually using chakra, nothing would happen, but Kichiro hoped that his sensei would be familiar with the technique and avert his eyes to avoid the potential blindness. At the same time, the real Kichiro, pulled out two kunai and launched them towards Takeshi, hoping to cut down his ability to dodge Shiro's attack.

He would have sighed, if he had time. But instead, Takeshi reacted in a way that was unexpected. Moulding the chakra he had already prepared at his feet, Takeshi pushed himself backwards, his feet still attached to the branch. Swinging himself around the branch, Takeshi watched as Shiro sailed over top of where he just was, narrowing his eyes slightly at the technique. The girl showed promise, that was certain, but she was going to need to learn some serious control if they were ever to work properly as a team.

Coming around in a full revolution, Takeshi once again stood atop the branch. His arms folded across his chest and a fierce expression on his face. "Enough!" He shouted, using a tone far more serious than he had ever used around the genin. "This exercise is over!"

Looking around at the genin, Takeshi shook his head, disappointed. "This exercise was not about trying to defeat me in combat, it was about working together to acheive your target! Instead you let yourselves get distracted and rushed into a fight without bothering to put a plan together." Staring hard at the real Kichiro, who was still disguised as Nami, Takeshi continued. "Do not think that you could fool me so easily either." Letting out a loud sigh, Takeshi brought one hand up, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Honestly... what were you thinking? Once you found out that I was a simple shadow clone, what would you have done? You've already exhausted a fair amount of chakra between the first attempt and this one. And you now have a teammate who is likely seriously injured. How were you planning on handling that!?"

Shaking his head again, he held up a hand, a sad look on his face. "You know what? I don't want to hear it. Not right now. You two go home and seriously think about what happened here today. Next time we train together I sincerely hope you are ready to work as a team, instead of as individuals. I will tend to Shiro, and make sure she doesn't suffer any more from her wounds. Now leave." Turning his head without further comment, Takeshi dropped from the tree and began making his way towards Shiro. For the second time that day, he was going to have to heal the girl's self-inflicted wounds.

Shiro had been extremely lucky. She had known that the whole charging into Takeshi head on would not work but she was surprised by how spectacularly it had failed. When Takeshi had disappeared by simply dropping down Shiro wanted to slap her face and curse her own stupidty. As she was flying high in the air she refelcted on her battle style. Shiro would agree that she was way to quick to jump into a fight and she would be feelign the results of that very soon. Gravity in this instance was not her friend, luck however was. Crashing into the canopy branches and leaves cushioned her fall. Not that she came out of the whole ordeal unscathed. Landing on her rear hard she got up massaging her sore behind. "Stupid Gravity, Stupid Sensei and stupid me." Muttering to herself she felt a sharp pain in her right hand. "Great, fractured my wrist. Though I suppose it could have been worse!" Why Shiro had decided to uttter that phrase escaped her as she smacked quickly with a dose of karma.

A loud tear came from her back. Looking around she saw her dress had caught on a sticking out branch and had ripped it from the top of her neck all the way down to her waist. "Why did I have to say anthing at all" Turning her head to inspect the damage she could see the back of her bra and her shorts showing from the back. Sighing she tried to push the too parts together but it was no use. "The one time I decide to not wear a shirt under this and this happens. Well I suppose it can't get any worse. Again she had spoken the dreaded words and karma was more then happy to answer them. Takeshi was on his way to check on her, little did he know of her current wardrobe malfunction.

Approaching the fallen genin, Takeshi found his thoughts conflicted about what to do for the future. As such he didn't notice the startled look in Shiro's eyes as he neared, nor did he factor in that the top half of her dress was torn almost entirely off. "What am I gonna do with--Oh dear." His eyes widening, Takeshi whipped back around. "Umm..." He had finally noticed that Shiro was in a rather... awkward predicament. Pulling off his tunic, Takeshi stood in his under shirt, Reaching behind himself blindly, he held out the tunic to the girl. "Here... uh... take this. And then we can see about getting you cleaned up." Sighing, Takeshi closed his eyes. Not for the first time he wondered if he were truly ready to lead a team.

Shiro wished she hadn't said anything. Takeshi appeared before her surpising Shiro, it took a moment for Takeshi to notice but when he saw he quickly span on the spot and look away. Snatching his tunic out of his hand she tied it around her chest to keep what was left of her top attached to her body and cover up her decency. "Didn't expect that to happen. Sorry Sensei. Anyway lead the way!" Shiro was more annoyed then embaressed after all everyone is naked under their clothes. Though it did give her a good idea as to how to catch Takeshi off guard if they ever spared again. Smiling to herself mischevously she followed Takeshi out of the forest...

Hayate Hyūzu, Silver
Konoha Chuunin, Team 2
Hayate's Secret Place

It wasn't fair. After everything he'd done, after coming so far... Kiyomi just kept getting pulled further and further away from him. Clenching his fists in frustration, Hayate had to fight the urge to slam his fist against the rock wall beside him. Letting out a loud frustrated sigh, he leaned backwards, letting his head rest against the cool stone of the cave wall, Hayate closed his eyes.

"Dwelling on these things is only going to make you feel worse, boy..." Came the low grumbling voice of Kuromu. Opening one of his eyes, Hayate stared unhappily at the dragon who was laying, curled up, on the ground in front of him. "And what makes you think you have any idea how I feel?" Hayate asked bitterly.

"We are in each other's head, remember?" The dragon responded through their telepathic link. Speaking aloud once again, Kuromu's voice held a hint of amusement to it. "Or did you forget that we share such a bond?"

Sighing once again, Hayate opened both of his eyes and sank to the ground, his arms wrapped around his knees. "No..." Another sigh, "I suppose you are right... Sorry..." The dragon snorted, and a thin puff of smoke shot from his nostrils. "But what can I do? Everything I try only seems to end up making things worse..."

"You can stop feeling sorry for yourself, for a start." Kuromu grumbled. "If you would like my advice however, then I shall be happy to give it. I may not know much about you fleshy types and your strange human emotions, but when one of my kind desires a mate that is of a more privileged stature, we prove our worth to win the right to be with them."

"And how exactly do you do that?" Hayate inquired, leaning forwards slightly.

With a wicked grin, Kuromu puffed himself up. "We simply show off our extraordinary physique and skills." Raising himself to his full height proudly, the dragon bared his fangs and spread his wings. Seeing Hayate's bemused expression, Kuromu scoffed and leaned in close to the boy. "Of course your teeth aren't nearly as long or sharp as they should be, and your wingspan isn't all that impressive yet... And you can't breathe fire. Hmph... You might be hopeless after all." Turning around and circling before laying down on the cold stone floor once again, Kuromu scoffed once again.

"Gee thanks..." Hayate muttered, pulling his legs in closer to his body and lowering his head.

Glancing at the boy, Kuromu let out a low sigh. "There is of course, another way..."

Lifting his head quickly, Hayate's eyes filled with a brief spark of hope. "What is it?"

Grinning once again, the dragon paused for dramatic effect. Letting a small stream of smoke shoot from his nostrils, Kuromu turned to face Hayate. "Trial by combat."

There was a moment of silence before Hayate let out an exasperated sigh and threw his arms up in the air. "Great... how is that supposed to help me??"

"Well," The dragon began, "You simply need to prove yourself worthy of being the girl's mate. Find a way to show your skills and your battle prowess and maybe if you can show that you are the girl's equal in combat, then you will be allowed to be together. Though... if you hope to get anywhere near her level of skill you've got a long, long, long way to go." Setting his head down, the dragon closed his eyes. Bringing his back leg up he absently tried to scratch an itch that had been bothering him for hours. As he finally hit the spot, a contented growl rumbled through him, and a poof of smoke shot from his nose.

Despite everything, Hayate felt a smile touch his lips. Shaking his head with an amused expression still on his face, Hayate placed both hands in his pockets. "I should be getting back... Thank you, Kuromu." The dragon emitted a short grumble in acknowledgement, keeping his eyes closed and trying to drift off into a peaceful sleep.

Some time later, back at Azumi...

Hayate closed the door to his room behind him and plopped down on his bed. Lifting his hands up above his head, Hayate laid back, glancing over as he noticed something on his nightstand. Sitting up, Hayate reached over and picked the item up off of the stand. It was an envelope with a fancy looking seal on it. The envelope was addressed to him, which made Hayate momentarily confused. Pulling out a kunai, he cut the envelope open, dumping the contents into his free hand. Immediately he was hit by a familiar scent, one he would recognize anywhere. A strange feeling came over him as he hurriedly unfolded the piece of paper in his hands. What was inside was a single line. But it was enough to fill Hayate with a warmth that he hadn't felt in quite some time.

I want a teddy bear.
~ K

Gently folding the letter back up, Hayate placed it inside his coat pocket next to the picture he always kept there. Laying back down, he rested his head against the pillow and closed his eyes.

There was hope.

Shisen Inuzuka & Shiro
Genin, Konoha Team 7

Shisen had decided to bring Arashi home and then come back to the festival with Shiro, for two reasons. One, Arashi was becoming aggrivated with the constant onslaught of the people in the festival and two, Shisen wanted to have some more fun. Also, Shiro needed more socialization with new people and this was a good way to get her that socialization. Now, walking through the festival with Shiro next to her she smiled a bit. A crowd isn't so bad... Maybe I can handle it now, she thought to herself. At first it was easy, nothing really bothered her but then the anxious and nervous feeling began to creep into her. I can do this... I can stay in the crowd, Shisen thought to herself. It wasn't as bad as she thought, she didn't need to run from the crowd, right?

Shiro barked, her tail wagging as she shook from excitement and eagerness.
"Shiro, you like this huh?" Shisen asked, she reached down and ran a hand through her ninkens soft white fur. She then picked up the small dog and let her climb onto her shoulders for a moment, she whined as it was not a stable place on her. Shisen put her back down and let her dart around her legs before sitting down, the hyper fur ball was easily excited and loved attention. Some people even stopped and asked what her name was, it made her smile. "You like the attention, girl? I'm glad," Shisen said with a smile.

She had made her way to the edge of the crowd, this way she could feel more at ease with everything and still see everything that was going on. Taking out a treat, she let Shiro take it from the palm of her hand and then bark her approval.

Hiron Hon,
Konohagakure Jounin | Team 9

Hiron kept staring at the clouds. Even though he had heard somebody, he just kept staring at the clouds and thinking. Slowly, Hiron closed his eyes. Just when Shikaroku sat down, Hiron started. ''I told her a story once. To explain what sometimes must be down. She loved stories, you knew that?'' Hiron asked calmly, but he didn't wait for his student to answer. He seemed to be half in thoughts and half aware of what was going on.

''A long time ago, in the time when ninjutsu wasn't really used, my clan used to wage wars against others. Divided, they were often prone to fights against each other, fighting each other as fiercely as they fought outsiders.'' Hiron told with a calm tone. He scoffed. ''There isn't much known or saved of these times as they are considered to be very old and weren't that important. At least, most events weren't. But there is one battle that nicked us the Wolves.'' Hiron paused, as if he was waiting to hear if Shikaroku was interested in the story or not. But it felt like he told it her again, like that time when she couldn't get any sleep. A smile tugged at his lips.

''Two brothers, who's names have long been forgotten, claimed each other's might and influence. It wasn't that strange back then that it meant a fight to the death. Both rallied fighters to their banner and cause. And soon both brothers were standing at the head of an army. Each determined that they would win a victory and seize each other's lands and power.''

Hiron thought about her reaction. She always loved stories, but he wondered what her favorite had been.

''One brother, the younger, however didn't had as many troops under his command as the other. It was said that he would fight a battle where the odds were against him. One of his against three of the enemy. Not the best battle to march towards.'' Hiron closed his eyes as he continued. ''Thus the younger brother had to make sure that he would use his forces well. He took up a position at where he had an advantage, a hill. His troops were however placed on several locations. He had archers placed behind a hill, laying in cover as they were out of the enemies field of sight.

Confident of himself, the older brother send forth his first detachment. He wanted to try to use his cavalry to attack the right center and hope to punch a breach into the formation of his younger brother. As response, the younger brother send forth a smaller cavalry force.'' Hiron opened his eyes again, looking at the clouds. He couldn't see any cloud with a particular shape in it.

''Though clad in good armor and looking rather menacing, as each was equipped with two crude looking sabres, the small group rode in a column formation. Straight towards the incoming cavalry charge. Heavily outnumbered, they charged in and started to slash and hack into each enemy that they passed. Many of the small group fell during that charge and thus they were forced to fall back. Riding back to the hills.

Tasting a certain victory, the forces of the older brother became too confident. They gave chase, trying to catch up with the fleeing foes. The younger brother watched how his faithful men rode back as he raised his right hand, clenching it in a fist. While the remaining of the small group rode back, reaching the hill, the archers behind it ran up. And they started to shoot their arrows.'' Hiron paused for a moment. He wasn't sure if his student was still paying attention and he thought briefly about something else.

''Friend and foe fell as the archers fired. Barrage after barrage. Soon due the cunning tactic, the younger brother had managed defeat a whole detachment of enemy troops with a small group of riders. Some say that the riders knew what was going to happen, but that they were willing to die for their clan. Other say that its proof that the Hon's are as crafty as a wolf, devouring however foe and friend if they can.''

Hiron glanced now at his student. ''I see it as that one needs to understand to gain a victory that something must be sacrificed. No change or victory can emerge without any loss. May it be the loss of comrades, wealth or even something as small as a bit of effort. Everything has a cost.'' Sighing, Hiron pushed himself up as he glanced in the direction of the palace. It was so far away, yet he could see it. ''No matter how bitter it may taste. Guess that is something we, who are called tacticians, should understand at best, don't we?''

Last edited:
Reactions: RedFox
Mitsunari Takeda
Hidden Rain

Weakness of a King

Mitsunari continued his haughty smile as another entered, his other teammate.... also a female. But she seemed so shy and apologetic, it was pathetic! Who cared if she was just 5 minutes late?

His answer was quickly answered by Nazari-hime, she appearantly cared...alot. As she announced the training, one thought went through his mind.

Please not Taijutsu or excersize, please not Taijutsu or excersize.... those are so degrading.

And to his horror, it was, and not light either. Honestly, he almost didn't pass the acadamy for his bad rating in those areas. Thoughts immediately came to his mind of 'how do I get out of here or suddenly get the flu', but he realized it was too late.... And he couldn't run anyways, he was of the Takeda clan, he had to show everyone what that meant (Though the thought didn't cross his mind, that he was also have to 'define' what that meant, as it didn't exist).

As they got to the training field, Mitsunari was oddly quiet, a first for him. He wasn't talking to anyone, including his favorite person in the world, himself. He was sweaty before they even got there.

Then Nazari-hime announced that Kazen-hime would be setting the speed. That worried him too.He decided he needed to know NOW what she was thinking about all this.

He quietly did some handsigns behind his back.

Thought Reader Technique

He activated his genjutsu on his Sensei, Kazen-hime to try and read her immediate thoughts, though he couldn't read any deeper than that (and the other thought that hadn't occured, she'd probably feel him activating the technique in her mind, and that might just make her angry, and was easily broken out of.). Was she going to full out, or did he get a break? Was she even thinking about that?

Reactions: IvoryHaze
Midori Sato, yellowgreen
Team 13
At the Gates of Kumogakure

Finally! Midori had spotted Reyna running towards them. Now things would get better. Slightly, but that was enough. With Reyna here things would be okay. Midori was about to open her mouth to greet her teammember, but Reyna beat her to it. She, however, didn't address Midori, she turned to the girl. Midori wanted to interrupt because she felt like she knew what Reyna was thinking now, but it was too late. Reyna's rage tumbled over the tiny girl.

"Reyna, no... She..." Midori started, but Reyna walzed right over her, shouting at her. Demanding to know how someone could replace him. Midori bit her lip and shook her head. She would never ever let someone else replace Deidara. No one ever could. When Reyna's words finally stopped Midori finished her sentence stammering: "... she... is our client..."

The words hung awkward between the two.

They hadn't spoken much in the two weeks that they had returned from the exam. Reyna had not been promoted. Deidara was gone. Midori was a leader. All those things felt strange. Next to her Akira began to sob. The girl had, of course, no clue what was going on between the other two.

"Well, you are stupid!" she said sobbing. She tried to hide the tears, but it was impossible. "I want to stay home. I don't want to go with you guys."

Midori sighed and slowly kneeled down. "Miss Akira, please accept Reyna's apology. You see, a friend of us has... passed away and she mistook you for-"

She was interrupted by the arrival of another girl and her heart skipped a beat. This was their new teammember. This was Deidara's replacement. No! This was just another addition. Deidara's spot was still left untouched. Akira mumbled something about being mean but Midori ignored it. Instead she got up and faced the girl. Kaya Irozaki.

"Nice to meet you. Sorry for calling you so early..." For some reason the flow of words just stopped for a moment. Weird. She used to be able to talk so well, but now with the idea that Deidara should be standing there, the words were gone. She gulped. "Ehm... We... We have a mission to do. It was given by the Raikage himself. This is Miss Akira." Midori gestured to the girl next to her. "We will escort her to the Land of Fire, to the new palace. At the border we will be met by Konoha shinobi, but that doesn't mean we will stop paying attention. The Raikage wants this girl protected and we are going to protect her. Any questions? If so you can ask them on the way. We are already late." With that Midori turned around, offered Akira her hand and started walking.

Team 8, crimson
Team 8
Operation : Knife in the dark.

Part I
Collab between the members of Team 8.

Summary :
Aiko gathers her team together and give them a short briefing of the mission they will need to do. After it is revealed it was a water clone, the students of Team 8 form up together a plan.

[spoili]
Katsu's eyes looked at Aiko's clone with distance as she turned into water. He crossed his arms, glancing back at the graves. He turned back to the other two, not saying anything. He simply watched them, as he had little to say about the job they were given. The explanation they'd gotten nagged him, giving him the rare, cold, distanced air.

Hearing what their mission would be, Koike looked at the bag. He didn't mind it. It wasn't his first assassination mission, though it was probably by far now the most difficult one. The previous ones were he could make a slight mistake as Aiko had always been there. Or somebody else who had his back, like the last time with Katsu. Now they were alone with the bag, with contents, and probably trying to figure out who was going to do what. Clearing his throat, Koike looked a bit worried. ''I think that the one who is going to do the dirty work, will get the blame shoved on him or her. Thus I'll take it.'' Koike said with a soft voice. Not his intention as he wanted to sound clear and firm. Confident of that he could do this. But his mind raced to the possibility that it could be that it was a mission where one of them would get framed and disposed off, to aid the state. Considering what he had been through with Miharu, Koike decided to add something. ''Listen up. I know we all aren't on friendly terms and this seems a bit out of reach, so if one of us is going to get burried six feet below the ground at the end of the day. I think I should take it.''

"Alright, I think Koike should do it too. Not because I want him blamed or buried or dead or anything but he does have the experience. Katsu and I can take the disguises, we can use our ear communicators to keep in touch with the other. Katsu is the quite the distraction and I know I can at least act like a proper lady long enough to get it all done," Yukara said. She was going to be worried about Koike though, what if he was noticed or recognized. What if he needed them to help him? "Koike... What if you get caught? Should we prepare a poison for you so they can't make you say anything? Would you want us to help you if you get caught?"

Katsu gave Koike a suspicious look. He had no problem with Koike doing it; as a matter of fact, he was glad he volunteered, but what he said annoyed him. "I'm okay with it as well but..." He paused for a second. "Don't you dare say things like that. If you 'get buried six feet', I'll pull you out and kill you all over, even if you're dead." After having expressed his concern in a strange manner, basically saying "If you die, I'll kill you," he sighed. "So it's decided."

Lowering his head, Koike let out a sigh. ''Well, what I would want would be a lot. But,'' Glancing at the two, a small grin grew on his lips. ''Would be perhaps that each of you watch out.'' Growing serious, Koike dropped the small grin. ''As for the ear communicators, let's try to disguise them. Same for the weapons. Let's not risk that somebody who isn't aware of this will see us with any sort of weapon.'' Koike said as he would pick up the small vial. If Aiko made the poison, he was sure that it was the only thing he would need. Other than a chance to use it. ''Perhaps we can make it out together and visit the festival.''

Yukara didn't have any problems at the moment, in fact, she was okay with most things. But what Katsu said was one of the things she had a problem with because she didn't want Koike to die. "Katsu! Be quiet; we are not assuming Koike will die. So stop threatening him! And Koike, if you do die then I will wait my turn to kill you after Katsu finishes with you, ok dear?" Yukara said. She crossed her arms and looked between the two expectantly. "That sounds like a plan," she said in response to Koike.

"Alright. Let's go and get ready then," he suggested. "We don't want to be later than we can be." He looked down at and inside the bag, inspecting the clothes for a second. He noticed a crumpling sound and searched for its source, finding a small sheet with a description on it. He folded it up nicely and held it out for Koike after having read through it quickly. "I think this one's meant for you."

Scratching the back of his head, Koike wondered briefly about a few things. Why were they so worried about him if they had their own lives to think about? Deciding that Katsu was right that they should get ready, Koike accepted what Katsu gave to him. ''Ah, yes. This is better than to try to ask around subtly how our target looks like.'' Koike mumbled as he folded the paper sheet. He thought of something as there wasn't a disguise for him. ''I will need to sneak in with one of you. That said, I will need to disguise myself with the Transformation technique to not... attract attention, so to say.'' Koike explained.

Yukara stood there silently as she thought about the coming the events, going into in the palace, blending in with everyone and keeping watch for Koike. "Well which one of us are you going to come in with? I don't think you would want to be in some dressy outfit or anything of the sorts, so? " Yukara asked. She frowned a bit and looked to Koike to see if he had any ideas, he was a Chuunin now after all. Surely, he had ideas of what to do.

Katsu watched the two, waiting for them to move. "We can decide while walking, you know," he said with a sigh. "Otherwise we'll just be debating in this graveyard until the daimyo leaves the village." He shifted the bag on his shoulder, looking over to the exit, eager to leave the resting grounds of the dead.

''Advisor. Our target is the advisor of the River daimyo.'' Koike corrected him as he thought. ''I think that it would be best if I would for a time just travel along as an item. Using the transformation, I can then try to sneak towards a position. With you two alerting me where the man is, I can take up a good position to kill him or poison him.'' Koike explained. He wasn't only not sure what. Then he looked at Katsu. ''I suppose I could go for a card or something small. You will then drop me along the way. I'll wait for a few moments and then I'll alert you once we start.'' He glanced at Yukara. ''Everybody agrees?''

"I think that's a good plan, don't you Katsu? " Yukara asked and took a step towards where she had came from. "We should head that way, get the plan straight as we go and such, " she said and then looked at Koike and Katsu. Though she was more interested in what Koike was thinking, the leader of this mission and he had the scary part of the mission to deal with as well.

"Sure, I guess. Maybe we can find a large vent to throw you into so that you don't attract attention when you transform back," Katsu suggested as he started walking. He glanced over to Koike and back in front of him. "Do you guys know what this is festival for?" he asked as he kept walking.

For a moment, Koike stared at Katsu. Throw him in a large vent? That was slightly unnerving. He wasn't fond of the idea, but decided to answer the question of Katsu first. ''Haven't you heard? '' He started to walk already. He could perform the transformation technique on the way, once they would get closed. After all, they had to get dressed first. ''The Fire Union has changed into the Empire of Akino. Kiyomi has been placed on the throne and having the Konoha higher ups as her regency council.'' Though he had paid attention to what had happened, he wasn't that really interested in. Even while he could consider himself now part of the ruling dynasty, Koike wasn't interested in politics. He didn't consider himself to be suited for it, as he was rather in the field.[/spoili]

Kazen Aniru
Amegakure team 15 Sensei
some where near a trainingsfield

Seeing Nazari near her Kazen knew she made a wrong move. Opposed too Kazen, Nazari was having tousle with Shinra showing up late. She rallied everyone to leave at once. No more tea, for no-one. 'Damn'. And so the party left and headed for the trainingsfield. There Nazai explained their exercise, not the game Kazen thought they would be doing, but running as 'Punishment' for Shinra being late. "When you are done, meet me at the tree in the middle of the training field, and yes Kazen, I expect you to join in their fun," Wait, what? "but.. but.." Kazen started, but it was no use. Walking up behind the genin, glaring daggers at Nazari, she whispered to Shinra that she should not worry. She moved to stand in front of them and looked at them. Shinra nodded she was ready, Akihiko stared at her intently, like he was ready to show her what he had and Takada looked like... Kazen shot him an angry look. "Listen up, we will start out easy but I will increase the pace every five rounds." That said she started jogging at 9Kmh (6Mph) after five laps while the Genin dropped down for their push-ups, Kazen kept running "You better be done when I come around again!" and so the genin followed Kazen the next five rounds when she came around again. Now setting the pace at 12Kmh (8Mph). Next round it was the same, when the genin went to do their sit-ups Kazen kept going and the genin stepped in when they were done. "Allright, show me what you've got! Sprint at full speed and if you manage to touch me you are done with this exercise" Kazen of course made sure neither of them would ever catch up to her and kept at least 2 feet out of reach of the fastest of the genin.

Akihiko Ken
Team 15
Training Feild Five, Ame

Grueling. That was the only way Akihiko could describe the training exercise. The running alone wasn't that bad. He managed to keep an even pace, staying just a bit behind Kazen-sensei. His body had been conditioned to endure running and maintain a good speed while doing it, After all, speed was one of the vital qualities of a good samurai, and it had been one of the qualities instilled in him by his clan. Perhaps even a side effect of his kekkei genkai. He wasn't sure if it was the last one, the worm release was not something he used often. So the running was all good and wonderful, the hard part of this exercise was without a doubt the push-ups and sit-ups that he had to do. If their was anything about Akihiko that he found lacking, it was certainly his physical strength. That was never and area he found important. "Alright, show me what you've got! Sprint at full speed and if you manage to touch me you are done with this exercise." Akihiko felt a sense of elation as she said this. He was all for cutting this exercise short. He watched Kazen-sensei's footwork as she sped her way along in front of him. He knew he could catch her, jounin or not. Akihiko was almost tempted to look behind him as he heard footseps. Takeda and Azuha were somewhere close, or maybe they were far behind and he just had good hearing. He didn't really care, his only focus right now was to catch his sensei and end the workout. He knew he was now putting out one hundred percent as his speed increased. If this wasn't enough then he didn't have what it took to catch her. He heard himself involuntarily begin a low chant. "Steady steps, steady steps, steady steps, steady steps. There, a slight stumble!" It was now or never. Akihiko put as much pressure into his feet as possible, and using the momentum gathered from his speed he lunged at Kazen with his palm outstretched, determined to catch her.

S H I N R A - G E N I N, #00ccff

Before they would start the session, Kazen-sensei had a few things to say. She whispered in Shinra's ear, which eased the tension around the air, atleast for her. A smile was plastered on her face. Seconds later, Kazen-sensei gazed at the rest, uttering some last words before they began. The 15 laps were divided into three parts, where the pace would become faster after each five laps. 'Yosh.. Despite this being my fault.. I have to do my best..' She made a mental note, as she locked her eyes onto her sensei.

And it began. They started jogging as the pace always started slow. The speed increased little by little. Shinra exhaled and inhaled deeply to keep herself composed. Running next to both her fellow teammates, she did nothing out of the ordinary. Minutes passed and they had reached the fourth lap. You could clearly see the sweat on her forehead as she was running a bit behind. Despite anything, she was already getting tired by the running, and the push-ups, the sit-ups and the jumping jacks hadn't even started. Once the fifth lap ended, they all stopped for the latter. The words uttered by Kazen-sensei only made her work harder, even if she may have been at her limit. "Y... Yes... Ka-- Kazen-sensei.." She slightly panted, keeping her breathing in check.

She wanted to begin with what she deemed more easier, even if it was push-ups first. She started with the former, which she found quite struggling. They were her nightmare. She had never actually done those before, not during the training back in the Azuha Residence. "This shouldn't be hard.. Right?... Right?" She glanced at her teammates, though her expression said otherwise. After that, she slowly did her push-ups. Using all the strength in her arms to push herself up and down. It required quite the stamina, especially for a new beginner.

"I... " She tried to utter something but lost her balance, falling right on the grass. Panting somewhat, she looked behind her, in case Kazen-sensei was approaching, or if she had noticed her failing the very first exercise. Luckily for her, the sensei was not there, not yet, but she could imagine that the sensei was right around the corner. "Ugh... Just a little bit more... Shinra..' She thought to herself.

She was able to finish the last push-up right before Kazen-sensei passed by her. Yes, it was time to run around five more times and repeat the same thing, but with a different exercise, the sit-ups. 'I'll never be late again.. Never..' Shinra did not want to go through such an ordeal again, or put her teammates in this position because of her. The pace changed and they started running much more fluidly and faster. Panting more than ever, she was able to keep her pace, even if she stumbled a couple of times, almost falling flat on the grass. "Kya... " A sudden sound escaped her lips, though luckily for her, she regained her balance and acted as if nothing had happened, if anyone noticed that is.

The last exercise was the easiest in her mind, and was the one she actually wanted to begin with, the jumping jacks, that is. Once she was done they ran the last five laps. When the session was almost reaching its end, Shinra stopped in her tracks. Bowing down, supporting her arms with her hand glued to her knees. She was panting heavily. Exhaling and inhaling the oxygen as much as she could, so she could get right back into the session. However, now that the hard part was over, they were told to actually catch Kazen-sensei, or atleast be able to touch her. So in other words, run after her, run faster than her, in order to catch her.

Unfortunately for her, Shinra's stamina was basically drained out of her due to the exercises earlier. "I.. I.. Can't catch him... I--- I can barely walk.." She stated, before she slowly started jogging, as if she was still clinging to the idea or the possibility to actually do what was required of her. She was probably the last one to actually do something like this, and it could clearly be seen when one of the teammates were ahead of her and was right behind their sensei.

Her eyes widened. She made a curious expression, wondering if Akihiko could actually catch Kazen-sensei.

S Ō H A - G E N I N, #808080
With: Team Dai (12)​

The last introduction made by one of the fellow genin was quite energetic. He was glad that no one actually knew his father, or anything that would change their view when it came to him. A smile came across his face, as he showed a pleased expression. He was actually quite fond of the impression Shika made. His teammates seemed like the people he could get along with, but then again, they were someone he'd had know better, and being in a team would allow just that.

Though the question she posed to Daiki-senpai was actually the same thing Sōha was wondering. But once their senpai mentioned the monster that had created such a turmoil in Kirigakure, his expression changed. You could see some anger written all over his face, though it was quickly brushed off when they were told that a mission would have to wait, and rebuilding the house they stood next to, would be their first assignment.

Sōha was actually pleased by it. He payed it no mind and accepted it without creating a fuss. "You're right senpai. I'll be happy to help rebuild this house." He nodded towards it, before glancing at his fellow genin. A smile plastered on his face, because he felt that doing something like this would be positive for him. Even if it was unusual for their first encounter with one another to be something else beside training, or venturing out on a simple task or a mission.

Once Daiki-senpai was done talking, he had to disappear, though the reasons were unknown, and Sōha wasn't the prying type. "As you say, Daiki-senpai." He uttered, though the idea for their senpai to leave did strike as something odd. Noticing the men and the women who came with the neccessary materials to speed up the process to rebuild the house, he lightly jogged in their direction.

Tilting his head back, he gazed at both Shika and Naname. "We should get to work.." He suggested. Reaching the fellow men and the women, he uttered. "Let me get that for you." He suggested, to one of the women who was having a hard time holding the materials.

"Oh' Shounen. Thank you. Thank you for your assistant." The old woman responded in kind. Sōha offered her a smile before he lifted the planks over his shoulder and walked over to the wrecked house. The men and the women who they were going to help simply showed gratitude by smiling. Despite anything, even if he offered his help, even if Daiki-senpai had said that rebuilding the house was their first assignment, he felt at ease that they were making things easier on the habitants in Kirigakure, atleast some of them.

Once both Naname and Shika decided to jump in and help. He sparked a conversation. "So.. Shika and Naname.. Right?" A simple but curious rhetorical question escaped his mouth. Perhaps getting to know them better would be ideal during their current circumstances.

"Anyways.. Despite all that has happened. I am glad to be a part of this team. It's a pleasure to meet the both of you." His eyes were closed, his head was tilted slightly to the side. A smile was plastered on his face.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Pyralithia
Asami Sanosuke,
Raikage Assistant

She looked rather frustrated. That old man Waki had died and in what kind of way. He had always been so full of his own abilities, but to think he was taken down like it was nothing was a clear message. Either his own confidence had been his downfall or the ones who had taken him down were smarter and knew his weaknesses. Without access to the report, Asami knew she had to be careful. Another higher up would be most likely targeted and Asami wasn't eager to be assassinated next.

Wondering for a moment, Asami had already made a few decisions in regard of her own safety. But she would need to request an audience with the Raikage. There were some things that she would need to discuss with him.

Asami Sanosuke,
Raikage Assistant,

Michi

The sparrow landed on a branch as it would wait for the student of Asami to come at the meeting point. He didn't need to wait long as the current student of Asami arrived on the field. The sparrow wasn't really impressed, but remembered himself that she was just a genin. Genin were rarely anything impressive. For a moment, Michi thought back what Asami had ordered him. Oh yes, to give the genin a test, cause Asami herself was too busy at the current moment with something more important.

Spreading out his wings, the sparrow let himself drop from the branch, soaring towards Nervani Chisu. ''I wouldn't call me a sensei, but some respect is always nice.'' Flapping with his wings, Michi slowly landed a short distance away from Nervani. ''Michi. Lady Asami is currently busy with something, so I'll oversee your training today.''