Mitsunari Takeda
The Hidden Rain

The King Falls

Mitsunari's heart just about gave out as he performed his Mind Reader Jutsu, and got next to nothing back. What on earth was that suppose to mean? Was Kazen-himethat much of an action driven kunoichi? His annoyance would be very much felt before he cancelled the jutsu, again behind his back. How was he suppose to do this? This was far more than he'd ever successful done. What was he suppose to do?

He visibly groaned even before it began. "ARGH!"

And then Kazen started. Mitsunari didn't know what to do. He stood for a second before he made up his mind.

"FOR THE TAKEDA CLAN!"

He was going to give it everything! He couldn't shame what he'd talked about this entire time. To say he ran like a pansy would be an understatement. But Mitsunari did give it all. He ran keeping up for the most part with everyone. It wasn't so bad at first. But as they kept going it get worse and worse. It burned as he got to the situps, he managed to go, just saying to himself,

Just a little more, I can't fall behind yet

And that was the halfway mark as it hurt. Time seemed to slow down and down as it got more and more difficult, and his breathing became heavier and heavier. He felt like he was going to pass out. Mitsunari swore he wasn't going to shame his family name, his Father... he wouldn't!

Kazen-hime announced that if someone caught her, they would be done. In a blurred vision, he looked out to see one of the other genin running at Kazen. His voice was weak as he called out.

"Do it...."

He ran forward as well, trying what he could as well, but at this point his body no longer burned, it was completely numb. That was probably the most trust he'd ever put in someone as his mind went. He seemed closest to the task. His other teammate seemed pretty tired too.

Mitsunari didn't know what happened, but suddenly he was gone from the training field, and in a better place. He saw his mother, standing up greeting him, out of bed. He saw looked outside to see a sign that said "Takeda clan" outside a fabulous mansion.

Meanwhile back in the real world, his collapsed body was a bout 3 feet away from where they had done the situps.

Last edited:
Reactions: Greyslate
Nazari Sutā
Jounin-Sensei, Ame Team 15

Nazari stood still as she heard Kazen, it seemed like she was being merciful and yet hard on them at the same time. It was a good combonation. The events that took place held no surprises for her, it went as expected based on their profiles. To start, Akihiko was from a clan where physical training was a key aspect to their success so the exercise was not hard for him. He even managed to slightly impress Nazari with the amount of effort he put forth in trying to catch Kazen. Though he ultimately failed, she considered him to pass this part of the training. She wrote her notes down accordingly and next to the words physically fit, she put a 'yes.'

Now, Shinra was another story but not a bad one. She was late, yes, but she took responsibility for her mistake and didn't complain about the consequences of being late. That was a good thing, she understood her mistake and was able to do what was ordered with understanding. The first five laps for her went as expected, easy, then the push-ups which was not easy for her. But she didn't give up, she tried and ultimately succeeded in them despite the struggle. The struggle were the last laps and Shinra began slowing down, her energy was depleted at this point. Though, Nazari took in everything up to this point and passed her on this exercise as well.

Lastly, Mitsunari. This was the one where she didn't know if she should pass or fail him, it was hard to go either way. On the one hand, he certainly tried his best and didn't really complain either. So he had a decent attitude about the consequence and he put forth effort. His profile said that he struggled a good but more than everyone else in the Academy and barely graduated because of it. Then he fainted, Nazari was there the next second and removed from the exercise. Due to him being unable to continue, she considered failing him on this exercise. When she looked at everything up to this point, he didn't do bad. It was why she decided to pass him on the exercise but marked him poor on the physically fit part of the test.

Performing the hand seals for the Water Clone Jutsu, she then would tell the clone to watch them as she left for the Tea Shoppe. About seven minutes later, once everyone was finished with the exercise and she dismissed her clone, she was back. She came back with Tea for everyone and not a drop spilled. She took educated guesses on what they all liked, White Lotus, Rose, Cinnamon and Lemon Tea.
"Good news, no one failed the exercise. Answer me this, what did everyone learn from the exercise? And come have some tea, it's well deserved," Nazari said. She stepped back and revealed the different teas. Then she moved to look at Mitsunari, he didn't have any serious injuries. She gently shook him to wake him up. "Mitsunari, you passed. Time to take a break before the next activity."

Akihiko. was distraught when he realized he had missed. It wasn't something that he didn't expect. Despite his timing and precision, Kazen-sensei was simply too experienced to get caught so easily. Nevertheless, he was pleased with himself. He doubted she had expected him to come within more than a few feet of her. A small smile snaked its way unto his lips. He might have failed, but as he had learned from his father so many times, there was no shame in losing to a more experienced warrior. And on top of all that, his teammate Takeda had shouted his encouragements to him. Somehow Akihiko doubted that was something he did often and he was greatly honoured. He quickly dismissed his smile when he realized he was still crouching on the ground. He resumed his previous speed and hurriedly finished the jumping-jacks. It was only then that he realized how much energy he had exerted trying to catch Kazen-sensei. Jumping-jacks weren't suppose to be that strenuous. He finished the training exercise and went over to the tree Nazari-sensei had told them to meet her at. She had gone back to the Tea Shoppe sometime during the course of the exercise and now she was offering tea. "Good news, no one failed the exercise. Answer me this, what did everyone learn from the exercise? And come have some tea, it's well deserved." Akihiko took the White Lotus tea and slowly sipped it as he considered what exactly it was that he was suppose to have learnt from the exercise. He began to speak in a low voice. "I think the purpose of this exercise was.......to show us the importance of being able to endure." Akihiko was even less sure of his answer than he sounded. Maybe I should have waited for someone else to speak before me, he thought anxiously. Oh well. He glanced at his other teammates as he waited for them to answer. They seemed exhausted, and so was he, but he at least tried not to show it. And then he realized something. He had finished the exercise first. Which probably meant that he was in better physical shape than them. This didn't bring him any joy though. If anything, he was disappointed. He wanted strong teammates who could in turn push him toward becoming even stronger. But then again, it was only one exercise. It was at that point that Akihiko started mentally scolding himself. He was getting lost in his own thoughts again. A side effect of spending too much time alone. He sat cross-legged on the ground and focused his mind on what was going on around him as he sipped his tea. Keeping himself grounded in reality might turn out to be a harder task than his training.

A formal Meeting, green
A collab between Fieryfly, Roran Hawkins and Alice
The Royal Palace

Kensuke Nimatsu and Masami Nimatsu along with their partners officially greet Empress Kiyomi. The meeting is awkward and short, much to the amusement and disgust of any nearby courtiers.

He hadn't been enjoying the party untill now. It was the same as ever, high-ranked people talking amongst eachother about high people business. Quite frankly he hated dealing with other clanleaders. They seemed to look down on him as much as he found them annoyingly polite and annoying. A base politeness and respectfulness was enough, but he didn't feel the need to have a conversation lasting 20 minutes as an introduction to asking what his opinion was on his sister's sexual orientation. The only positive side was Kaori's presence. At least now they could be bored and annoyed together. "Alright. It seems it's our turn to greet our new Empress." By now he was desperate for a normal conversation partner, and he hoped to find one in Kiyomi, Empress or not. He found the entire 'empire' idea bollocks anyways. All it did was placing a figurative foot in the figurative nuts of every clanleader with any kind of arrogance. Pretty much all of them. He resisted massaging his back as he nodded at Masami and Misaki as they made their way towards Kiyomi together.

Even though Kaori had spoken with the new Empress before, in a swordshop when everything was still normal and she didn't have a boyfriend to attend fancy parties with, it felt very strange to actually step forward to meet a leader. That little girl she had met now held a lot of power. It was almost tangible in the room. Tension. Luckily Kensuke seemed just as bored by the party as she was. If there had been fancy drink and good music they might actually get some dancing done, but now, it was all stiff and strict. Her nerves had calmed down. Now, however, they had started racing again as with every step they set they got closer to the Empress and more attention would focus on them. Kaori wondering if people would start recognizing her on the street. That was something she definitaly did not want. Her life was her own, it didn't need to get more complicated. Her fingers wrapped themselves tightly around Kensuke's arm as she followed him forwards until they arrived before the girl.

This was stupid. That was stupid. Kiyomi kept smiling, but in her mind, she was looking at things. And they were stupid. The feast seemed to nice and such, but she was wondering about the festival. Where most of her friends would be. Having fun. Together. Everybody except her. Managing to not show her disappointment, Kiyomi had picked up a glass with water. Luckily she could use her age to say why she wouldn't take any of the fancy wine or other alcoholic beverages. Perhaps she could send one of those to Keiko and Hiron? They would probably laugh about such expensive alcohol, but also like the gesture. Making a mental note, Kiyomi raised the glass to her lips as she noticed that she was being approached by. At first, she almost wanted to throw the glass towards the few as she had enough of the whole playing nice towards clan heads and important figures. But she noticed Kensuke and as she lowered her glass, her smile became more genuine than before. ''Good evening, Lord and Lady Nimatsu.'' Making a short bow towards the two, she noticed the other two companions. The 'fiancee' of Masami, who Kiyomi already disliked. And Koari. Keeping her smile, she made a short nod towards the other two.

He let out a pained sigh as Kiyomi aswell began with a very polite sentence, but he had to admit to himself that it wasn't actually too polite or anything. He was just about to say something along the lines of 'screw this, I'm just Kensuke' or 'whatever Kiyomi' when his sister spoke up.

"Good evening Empress Kiyomi Sato-Hon. I greet you in the name of our clan, and wish to introduce you to my fiancée, Lady Misaki Chinatsu." Masami began, bowing softly.

Kensuke sent her a look in between annoyance and pure suffering, but didn't object. He quickly made some sort of a vague bow aswell since his sister was doing it aswell, which ended up making his back-ache even worse. He hated standing around like this. His leadership over his clan was about as real as Matsuri's loyalty to the Hyuuga. He bore the title, and that was it. He'd gladly let his sister do the talking for now, so long he'd have the chance to talk normally after that.

"It is an honour, your highness." Misaki said, making a short bow.

Well now Kaori felt even more awkward. This was by far the most confusion situation she had ever been in, and that said something because she had been to a lot of parties. She didn't think she was supposed to say something, but was she then just supposed to bow and then step back, or what? Kaori wished Kensuke had explained more. In the end she followed Kensuke's movements and made a bow, yet she couldn't help but glance back up to see how the girl would react to the sudden presence of Masami's fiancée.

It was the same old thing, the whole evening. At least, with a few exceptions, they did the same old thing. Except Kaori, as she didn't act that stiff in Kiyomi's opinion. Glancing in Koari's direction, there was a little light in Kiyomi's eyes as she wanted to start to ask a question. But remembering formalities were now more important, Kiyomi turned her eyes to Misaki. The Sunagakure bitch.

''As it is mine to receive a guest from the Lands of the Wind. I hope that Konohagakure pleases as much as Sunagakure does.'' Kiyomi said with a friendly tone. There were some darker thoughts going through her mind, but she remembered that she couldn't say them. Not now. ''I'm also glad to meet you, Lady Nimatsu. I regret it now that I hadn't been able to pay you a visit during my last time in the Talon Village.''

"Truly, the pleasure is mine. I am of course eager to welcome the Empress inside my estate should she decide to honour us with a visit, but do not let my humble invitation disrupt any existing plans." Masami replied gracefully, much to Kensuke's surprise. Alright, he admitted, Kiyomi wasn't being exactly open to an easy conversation, and she seemed to have sent an almost scarily dark glare at Misaki as she introduced herself, but his sister's response ... When had she ever learned to talk like that?

"Regardless of that, I am here to confirm the oath of loyalty of the Talon Village to you, as requested by the Daimyo of the Fire Nation."

Kaori bit her lip. She wished Kensuke would say something. He knew Kiyomi well right? I mean he had been teaching her in that shop about swords. She was kind of his apprentice. Couldn't they just talk? Like normal people? Say: oh how have you been? How are your new rooms? Do you have awesome male sevants that bring you everything you ask for? But apparantly you couldn't ask that. Kaori's eyes dwelled back to the ground and then back to the girl and to Kensuke. What was she doing here?

Oh, yes. And she did that with much joy, Kiyomi thought as she smiled again. Cocking her head a bit to the left, she replied back. ''And it would be a joy for me to accept it, Lady Nimatsu.'' Kiyomi then turned her attention towards Kaori. A more playful smile appeared on her lips. ''Now, I must be sorry, but I've a very urgent question for Miss Kaori-chan.'' Kiyomi said, knowing that it wasn't probably in line with formality rule number what ever. ''But I've never met you again, after the little talk in the sword shop. How are you?'' Kiyomi asked, feeling somewhat relieved that Kaori wasn't much of a stiff noble clan head or anything near that. At least, Kiyomi hoped that.

With wide eyes Kaori looked up to the Empress who suddenly decided to break of the conversation with a clan head and talk to her. How was she doing? That was the question. A simple one really but suddenly Kaori really wondered what she should reply. "I... eh..." Uncomfortable to be the center of attention she shot a look to Masami. Hopefully the girl wouldn't see this as something offensive. "I am..." Should she answer truthfully? Or should she lie and tell her she was having the best time of her life. Somehow she doubted that. "I am... a bit out of my element... you Majesty...?" She added Kiyomi's title almost in a question as if she wasn't sure if she should add it. "I''ve never been to a party like this. It is quite... interesting... But I am doing well. I got to wear a fancy kimono for the first time."

Kensuke felt the tension rising as Kiyomi insulted his sister by wiping her aside to speak to Kaori. The fact that he hated being at events like these didn't mean he was inexperienced or oblivious to the meaning of them. He didn't know what spurred Kiyomi into such hostility towards his sister and especially Misaki. The formation of the 'Empire of Akino' had been one large insult against the vassal states who were now in name ordinary subjects instead of vassals, and Kiyomi's hostility didn't help to solve that. She did surprisingly well he had to admit, but this made it clear to him that it hadn't been her idea either, or that she hadn't been involved too much in the making of the plans to form this empire. Kensuke could easily see how his sister took this with his kekkei genkai, but he decided not to react on it. Instead he sorrowed the idea of being able to talk normally to Kiyomi. "As much out of her element as me, your grace. You will undoubtedly understand the the shock for us ordinary people to attend such an event as this one." Kensuke added politely as he had learned to do on previous occasions. He had offically given up.

Kiyomi blinked twice rapidly with her eyes. Out of her element? Then she suddenly bursted out in laughter, probably attracting some attention. Managing to control herself, Kiyomi kept giggling. She felt out of her element? Kiyomi wanted to give a rather ironic reponse, but kept her earlier composure. Placing her hands on her back, she heard what Kensuke told her, but she barely glanced at him. Keeping up the smile, she nodded towards Koari. ''I quite understand that. I do hope you will enjoy the dancing, which will happen at any given moment. Hope you'll at least feel more in your element at that department.'' Giving a wink, she turned her attenion briefly on Kensuke. ''I quite understand that. Yes.'' With having spoken those few words, she simply stared at him for a second or two. Then she made another short bow. ''You do have to forgive me, as I remembered I'm need elsewhere. Please, enjoy and drink. Perhaps we can talk later.'' Without waiting for a response, Kiyomi turned around on her heels as she kept her head a bit higher. With some attention drawn towards the few, she knew she had done her job as Meisa would want it. Yet, Kiyomi didn't feel that proud on how she had acted.

Kensuke wasn't as amused as he had wanted to be when Kiyomi's mask finally broke into the person he knew since long. It only made the situation more awkward as he was aware of Masami's hidden outrage upon this humiliation, which was only worsened by their quick dismissal in the eyes of everyone present. A faint smile made it to his lips as for the second time that evening his loyalties started feeling stretchy. He refused to accept that Kiyomi's deeds were of her own initiative, but it didn't make the pain he felt as they walked away any less. It was bad that his sister's suspicions were confirmed, but that they were by Kiyomi, someone who he had always seen as a close friend made it sting twice as bad. He didn't feel much for dancing anymore, and even felt a trace of anger grow inside of him directed towards Kiyomi as he noticed the cruelly amused courtiers fail to hide their smiles from his dojutsu. What worried him even more than angered him, he saw as many equally insulted people present as smiling ones.

Oh, she made the Empress laugh and Masami mad. Kaori's jaw set as Kiyomi walked away. She would have loved to talk more with her, but no. Kaori drew her arms close to her body.

"I should never have come." She mumbled. This had been a terrible idea. All of it. Coming along, talking to Kiyomi. She should have just stayed home, minded her own business, her own problems. Not mingled with high ranked people and ideas she knew nothing about. "This was a terrible idea."

"As much as I would hate to agree, yes. This entire thing has been a bad idea." He said, not only talking about coming to the feast together.

A small conversation
The next step.

A collab between Lesli and Alice

Summary :

Kiyomi manages to find some peace as she uses the excuse she needs to get something. After a quick conversation with Meisa, she heads back to the feast.

[spoili]
Kiyomi smiled and nodded, walking away from the feast. Sneaking out of the palace, she would head to the part of the garden where nobody was or would be. Dropping the polite smile and look, Kiyomi walked in a faster pace. She didn't like the last conversation. Her blood had been near a boiling point. In her mind she was thinking how she could kill Masami and that fiancee of hers. They were the sole reason why Kiyomi had distanced herself from Kensuke. And due her reactions, others would surely follow with her.

Standing in the shadow of a tree, Kiyomi turned around. ''I didn't like this.'' She said with a soft tone. Though she was angry and feeling bad, she knew better than to speak with a cold tone towards the other. ''So what now then?'' She asked, looking away. She had already a good hunch.

''Simple. Bond a bit with those who already are on your side. I suspect that your last action has earned you praise from the others as it will be seen as you disapprove the whole marriage between the Nimatsu and that person from Sunagakure.'' Meisa said calmly. She knew that Kiyomi didn't like the whole idea, but she had done it so far great. There were a few flaws, but Meisa was silently proud of her apprentice. ''Take some fresh air and then proceed with the next step.'' She advised.

''I don't want it.'' Kiyomi suddenly said. She looked back at Meisa as she clenched his fists. ''I want to talk and dance with Kensuke. He doesn't deserve this treatment. What if everybody will distance from him?'' She asked, blaming herself as she knew better. Asking that kind of questions was asking for the known direction.

She stayed silent and then a sound was heard. A slapping sound. ''Get used to it.'' Meisa said with a cold tone. Her facial expression was still calm. ''The Nimatsu clan chose out of free will for their connection with Sunagakure. They aren't remotely near the border with the wind, so that they chose self to conduct a marriage with a prominent person from their clan, is their choice. If they need to cover that up with some weak claim then it clear how things are'' Meisa paused. ''All clan leaders know that this is an act out of disagreeing what everybody oath was in the first place. Remember that well, Kiyomi.''

She was surprised, stumbling a few steps backwards as she looked shocked at Meisa, covering her cheek with one of her hand. It hadn't been hard, but Kiyomi froze in fear. Though she was confident in her own combat abilities to face somebody as strong as Hisoka or Zakito, she didn't even consider to raise her hand back at Meisa. Lowering her head and hand, she stayed silent for a moment. ''Yes, Meisa.'' She muttered.

''You would do well to remember who is in charge Kiyomi.'' Meisa told the girl. She already half turned around, but threw a glance at Kiyomi. ''Over time this will pass, Kiyomi. You already have gathered much support and only a few might be against it. But I'm already on it.'' Meisa didn't flash a smile as she would walk away. She had to do a few things on her own now.

Feeling miserable, Kiyomi wished she could turn invisible. She wasn't sure if she was up for this as she did believe that Meisa would arrange things. She had knack for that, Kiyomi knew. But still, she wanted to feel somewhere more comfortable. Glad that she wouldn't be noticed in the large garden, in the shadow of a tree, Kiyomi slowly sat down, leaning against the tree. Pulling her legs up, she became silent.
[/spoili]

Nariko Jun
Kumogakure Jounin Commander

Preparations for a long march

Nariko left the office of the Raikage with his mask on his face, heading straight to his office. The order was given, and now it was his duty to fulfill the order. Using the Body Flicker technique, he made his way back to his office rather quickly, and a minute or two later, he was already sitting behind his desk - his blade leaned against the desk, his mask on it. He reached for the list of all the available teams that was actualized each day and he frowned - he had to make his preparations with a rather small amount of people. Placing down the list, he sighed and stared into nothingness for a few moments. Then, he knew what he had to do. Reaching for a scroll and a pen, he quickly grabbed his gear, the list of available teams and made his way to the owlery.

A few minutes later, his fand was creating a message for his brother, Satoshi. From all the teams he saw were availabe, he wanted the team of his brother the most. The march will indeed be a dangerous one, but he knew that his brother and his team could handle it. He made several attempts at the message, only to change his mind at the very last moment. It was a good thing be bouth such a long scroll - it took him three attempts to craft a message for Satoshi.

Satoshi,
I know this might not be the right time but I was given a task by the Raikage - a mission that is very, very dangerous. I am to gather a host that will march to the north and bring an end to the Antare Clan revolt that is taking place there. I want someone reliable with on this march - and you are the first person that came to my mind. If possible, please meet me at the owlery.

Nariko

He stood up and rolled the message so that it could be attached to the leg of a bird. He was looking through them - some owls, falcons, even some hawks. They looked strong and fit, but something was not right with them. They were not meant for these kinds of messages. And then, a second later, Nariko was a large, black raven sitting on one of the perches. Extending his hand towards it, the raven landed on his hand and started to eye him with great curiosity. Nariko attached the letter to its leg and raised his head. The raven, acting on instinct, flew off. He would find Satoshi and deliver the message ... a message that was a bit mysterious. But Nariko looked forward to explaining everything to his brother.​

Reactions: Gerontis
Aiko Cho-Hon
Konohagakure sensei,
Team 8

Aiko walked slowly around. Zakito had to speak with Meisa, apparently something very important, but she didn't mind it. Her husband was after all a member of the regency council and would likely need to talk about politics. Waving his apologies away, Aiko had set out on her own. She could amuse herself. After managing to get a glass of wine, Aiko took a sip from it. ''Somebody has a good taste.'' She mumbled to herself. Taking another sip, she reminded herself that she would need to watch herself. For most this was an evening of opportunities. That counted for her as well, she thought with a smile.

Walking a bit around, she managed to get herself in conversation with several people. She frankly enjoyed herself. Only wishing that the music was more cheerful, just a few notches and it would've been perfect for her taste. Talking with a few people, Aiko managed to talk with the heads of a few small clans. Talking largely about their clans and hers, she was building some working ground. From these conversations, she could then improve her clan's standing with that of others. If she had to cut bonds subtly with that of the Nimatsu, then she would very well find other clans that would replace that one.

As she proceeded, looking around, she heard somebody laughing. It caught her attention instantly, wondering what had happened as she recognized only a second later the voice. Smiling, she turned around and was expecting to see Kiyomi having fun. Seeing her standing with Kensuke and few others, Aiko took a sip of her wine. For a moment, she had almost headed to join the conversation, but she didn't. Remembering what Zakito had told her, she thought it would be wise to stay away from the young man or at least his sister. Before she had turned around, Aiko noticed Kiyomi walking away, in a sort of prideful manner. That wasn't probably a good conversation, Aiko thought already turning around. She overheard somebody mumbling that their Empress was already doing the correct thing. For a moment Aiko wanted to butt in, but she knew why people would approve this sort of action.

Bothersome clan politics, Aiko took another sip of her wine. While she was very well aware of what could be dreadful politics, Aiko wasn't going to mingle in what she considered dreadful politics. Heading back to refill herself a new glass with wine, Aiko noticed a change in tune with the music. After filling her glass, she noticed that there were more people starting to dance as almost instinctively others made room for people to dance in front of the place where the musicians were playing. Taking a sip, Aiko wondered where Zakito was. They had to dance, whether he would like or not, she thought with a playful tug at her lips. Taking another sip, she remembered herself again that she should watch how much she would drink.

Yumi Hasewaga
Strife,

Member of the Ghost ANBU

Yumi kept watch at her position. She wasn't really at the feast, but stationed in the garden. Seeing Kiyomi walking away, Yumi had hoped to see a little smile present on the lips of the girl. When Yumi had heard that there would be a feast, she imagined that Kiyomi would use her traits and abilities to make people enjoy themselves. But when she saw the face of the newly incarnated leader, Yumi felt bad for wishing that. Something was amiss and for that reason, Yumi would hold back anybody who would follow Kiyomi into the more silent part of the gardens.

Though standing guard was one thing, Yumi was sitting behind a small hedge, wary of who ever would pass it. It made her think of the stories where a hero would want to cross over a bridge, but had to convince the guard of the bridge, often a big mean troll, to let him pass. Not really content with her analogy, as she didn't consider herself a troll, Yumi was glad that nobody was trailing Kiyomi.

A few moments later the assistant of the Hokage walked by, surprising Yumi a bit. She hadn't been able to spot the woman before and she had been paying attention all the time. Worried, Yumi threw a look at the direction she had came from. But she couldn't see anybody. Wavering, Yumi made a decision. Silently she would sneak away from her post to see if she could find her friend and empress. Staying in the shadows, she reached the place and almost had not seen her. The girl, silently, sitting in a position that made Yumi made even feel worse. Glancing over her shoulder, she noticed that nobody was nearby. ''Your majesty.'' Yumi said on a soft tone. ''Might I be so very bold to request a dance?'' Yumi asked, placing a hand on her mask to move it a bit away. Hopefully she could cheer the other a bit up as she would try to flash her most friendliest smile.

Kimi Iomaski
Kirigakure ANBU and Spymaster

Sitting in her rather small office, Kimi couldn't lay her finger on it. It was clear that somebody of either an organization or nation had acted and managed to cause the damage. A rather serious and threatening transgression and Kimi wasn't sure who she could point and call guilty. It wouldn't be the revolutionaries, or perhaps it was them? Kimi was already considering to use the event against the revolutionaries, but decided it could be seen as Rika's propaganda, trying to use the death and sorrow of her own people for her own cause. Something that Kimi wouldn't like to see as it would backfire heavily.

Frowning deeply, Kimi thought about other nations. It could be easily either the Cloud or the newly formed Empire of Akino. But even so it wasn't like Kirigakure could afford to 'repay' to who-ever had caused the damage. They first were needed to deal with the revolutionaries. And unlike Rika, Kimi was more careful before claiming that it would be easy to deal with them. Perhaps if the first few victories would be the first messages that she would show more confidence, but Kimi didn't want to just assume things without anything backing it up. And right now they were sort of in the dark.

Sighing, Kimi glanced at the door. Perhaps some fresh air would do her good. Rising up, Kimi would leave her office. She then forgot that she had an appointment. Mentally cursing herself, Kimi would head down the hall. ''No rest for the wicked they say. If I ever find the moron who came up with that.'' She muttered irritated.

Mitsunari Takeda
The Hidden Rain

A King.... uh... where was I?

Mitsunari was in the middle of world domination when someone shook him, and he opened his eyes, as he heard them talking... what were they talking about?

He was dazed for a minute before he understood what was going on. Of course, as soon as his brain connected, so did his mouth. He gathered from Akihiko that they were talking about the purpose of... something? Probably the excersize.

"The purpose is to see our physical prowess? Are we going to have a mental prowess next? No one is going to beat me at that!"

If they did that, well, he didn't have a doubt in his prowess. Wait.... They weren't excersizing anymore.... and he wasn't dead? How long had he been out? He turned to his teammate, and tried whispering over to him.

"Hey, Akihiko, did you catch Kazen-hime?"

He had to admit, he was impressed with him.... and envious of his physical prowess. If he had managed to catch her.... there'd be no way he'd let that go. He'd gone a whole two seconds without mentioning the 'Takeda Clan', mostly because in truth he was a bit embarrassed he... didn't do so well. Not even Mitsunari could be delusioned into thinking that went well....

As far as his other Teammate, Shinra... He was already envious , and couldn't look at her directly. Sure she wasn't as fit as Akihiko, and nobody could be as smart as him.... but she was from an actual clan!.... well, a clan that was well-known, even to him. The Takeda weren't there yet. They would be! They would be the most revered clan in the Hidden Rain! The Rain would even be able to take on the Leaf once got his life goal. But she didn't have to worry about obscurity! She didn't have to worry that nobody cared about you, or money, or an ailing... Mitsunari stopped on that front as he noticed someone approaching

He turned and saw the beautiful Sensei #1 with tea, and happily took the cinnamon tea. Well, that meant a few minutes before he had to do anything. Excellent! Ooo, and Cinnamon Tea, even better.

Last edited:
S H I N R A - G E N I N, #00ccff
With: Team Sutā (15)​

Once the session was over, they all gathered by the tree. Her stamina was coming back, and she decided to sit down by it, by her fellow teammates. Once Sutā-sensei returned, she brought some tea with her. Curious as the young genin may have been, the flavor from her favorite tea was caught by her nose. She had no idea that her sensei had left for the tea shop, nor did she notice that the one before her was actually a clone. A cheerful smile was plastered on her face, noticing that the tea she brought was for them. 'Tea!..' She happily thought.

She had no idea that she would get to drink some tea from the shop earlier. Due to her being late, they had to leave immediately after her arrival. She, was, however, glad that they were offered tea after the session. It was a great addition to their health, especially after being exhausted. "You brought my favorite.. Rose flavored tea.. How did you know, Sutā-sensei?" She jumped up, approaching her and grabbing it with both her hands clasped around the cup.

It was hot, but she was able to quell it by blowing on it a couple of times, or constantly to make sure she wouldn't burn her own tongue or the likes. She sat down, looking at the rest. "Thanks, sensei." She expressed her gratitude, before sipping it a few times. But there was another reason. They had passed. All three of them. And the question as to why they had to go through such harsh training from day one piqued her interest. To Shinra, it was somewhat obvious. She immediately thought that the message behind the session was to never be late, but she assumed that there was an ulterior motive, especially when such a question was asked of them.

Before she could give her own take on the question, Akihiko gave his response, or rather, what he believed was the purpose behind it. She agreed, that may have been one of the many reasons behind their little exercise. But once she noticed that Mitsunari was finally up after being collapsed, she giggled, as she gazed at him. To her, he had made some good impressions. However, she could have easily been in his position, and been the one who was collapsed on the grass. The determination behind Mitsunari's answer was not surprising. She could take note that he would try as hard as her to achieve the goals they've set out for themselves. It was nice for her to see that.

Shinra decided that it may have been for the best if she also gave her opinion on the matter. "I think that what Akihiko said is probably one of the reasons behind this session. But I also believe that this session was to see what we were capable of doing. Mentally and physically. And how our bodies would handle the change of pace, the exercises. Or in other words, how well we could adjust to different circumstances during a situation... And to never be late.. Sutā-sensei." She responded in kind, but was surprised by what she said. Thinking back on what she just uttered made her think that she said something very wise, or rather, smart.

Glancing at her fellow genin, she noticed Mitsunari asking Akhiko if he was able to catch Kazen-sensei. Before the latter could respond, she interrupted. It may have been better to just join in on the conversation. Sipping more of her tea. a fresh sound of breath escaped her lips. "Nope.. He was unable to catch her. But he tried his best though." She kindly stated, trying to butt in.

Kirigakure - Building a House, #09b02d
Nana was a bit surprised by Shika's....Interesting introduction, but she enjoyed the girls energy, she stifles a giggle when she tells Soha and Daiki that shes never heard of their brother and father. 'Shes so carefree...' A slight twinge of envy shadows Nana for a moment 'Wish I could be more like that....' but just as soon as it came, it was gone. Upon hearing their training-or rather job for the day, she smiles big. "Will do Senpai, you cant count on us!" Though her voice is enthusiastic, its small since shes still shy.

After Daiki goes off to do something important, Naname follows after Soha who seemed just as enthusiastic as her about their job. Seeing him help a lady with some boards, she follows suit, jogging over to one of the men she takes the bucket of nails and multiple hammers from him. "Please let me get that for you Si-" Unfortunately Naname wasnt known for her strength, and the bucket of nails was a bit heavier than she thought. As soon as the man let it go for her to carry, it, along with her arm, plummeted to the ground. Luckily it didnt spill, now thoroughly embarrassed Naname makes a nervous "Heh" sound as her cheeks tinge with red. The man she had taken them from gives her an unsure look "Miss I can take tho-" Placing her hand out in a "stop" gesture, she gives the villager a encouraging smile. "No, no worries Sir, I just lost my balance for a moment. Please leave this to us." Her voice is respectful and determined as she lifts up the bucket of nails, along with the 3 hammers, and walks over to the others.

"Oops, guess I should pay more attention." She was obviously embarrassed, hoping her teammates didnt think her weak now. "Yup I'm Naname, its nice to meet you too Soha. I'm happy to have you and Shika for my teammates." She responds to Soha honestly, a warm smile coming to her lips as she looks from one to the other.

Hanako Asushika
Chuunin, Kumo Team 3

Hanako stood still as she listened to what Riku said, so he had two different personalities which was certainly interesting and yet concerning. She wondered what Satoshi-Sensei thought of it and how it would affect the team. "Is this other side of you dangerous? What if i-Kyo, gives our location away?" Hanako asked. She frowned as she thought of how a mission could go wrong because of this other side of Riku. She listened to what Satoshi-Sensei said about their objective today and glanced at the obstacle course in front of them.

She decided to start it, breaking into a jog as she headed towards the two hills which seemed huge.
I can do this, Hanako thought. She didn't stop jogging once she was at the hills and she didn't slow down either, she did her best to maintain her pace going up. Hanako had to give the hills some credit, they certainly were tiring to go up. Then for the second one, she tried to increase her speed going up and found that it was a bit more difficult to do. In, out, in, out, Hanako repeated to herself to keep her breathing steady.

After what seemed like much too long, she was finally at the top of the second hill.
"Riku! Are you coming?" Hanako asked him from all the over the two hills.

Hiroshi Akiyama - Iroh's Isle, brown
''Cut his leg off.'' Hiroshi heard a familiar voice call out not too far off. Turning his head to the left his right eye caught Hayashi in its sight. She was barking orders, telling medics attend to the wounded and the soldiers to hold their ground. As much as he wouldn't like to admit it, he counted as a medic. He also knew he'd most likely get chewed out for just…standing there, with sand in his eye, doing nothing.

His fear of what Hayashi would do to him overtook his insecurities allowing him to take an actual step onto the battlefield. He gulped, watching as the man trapped under the rock got his leg cut off. There was so much blood…so much…pain…so much…Hiroshi stumbled back feeling light headed, a hand covering his mouth once more. He took a few deep breaths before running up to the man. He knew better medics than him would be over soon, but he couldn't let the man go through anymore pain, he couldn't handle it himself.

With fingers closed in towards his palm, and wrists flipping downwards, Hiroshi made the boar hand seal. His wrists then returned to normal with his fingers overlapping one another except for his index and thumb, which were held straight up creating the tiger seal. Hiroshi got on his knees, palms forward hovering over the stump that once was the man's leg. Hiroshi closed his eye; keeping chakra into his palms then matching the flow with the wounded man being his focus. After a few seconds the man seemed to have shut up with his agonizing screaming.

Opening his eye, Hiroshi looked down at the wound; it had stopped bleeding. If one were to look closely enough they would see that the wound was slowly healing, but the healing process was for another to do. The man would pull through though. Hiroshi let out a breath, smiling lightly. He looked up at one of the medical-nin who had run up. "Please, take over," Hiroshi said. The medical-nin got on their knees; forming a few hand seals they placed their hand over the wound.

Hiroshi removed his hands. He stood up and began walking off, but not before he heard a good job from the medical-nin. The compliment boosted his spirit a little bit. He felt…good. He felt he could atleast do something, do more. Doing a small twirl, Hiroshi took in all the wounded in sight. He gave another frown. Walking behind one of the fallen rocks he began forming hand seals; bird, dragon, tiger. Soon water surrounded his feet and created five arms resembling that of an octopus.

Hiroshi wasn't sure where the water had come from exactly; he went with the logical choice which was the large body of water not too far away from the battlefield. Shrugging it off he closed his eye to focus. Pouring chakra into the water the arms grew more than five feet, possibly ten feet or a little bit more than that. Opening his eye he then directed the arms, letting them wrap around different individuals. The people weren't injured too badly. They were probably hurt by being blow away, or getting hit by some debris due to the rocks. The injuries were performance threatening at most.

As time passed Hiroshi let the people go, it seemed as if they were fully healed supported by how they soon ran off to go join others. The water from the jutsu fell to the ground as Hiroshi couldn't keep it up anymore. His back was pressed against the large rock as he rested, breathing difficult. He felt that that was his limit; he couldn't muster up anymore chakra to hold another ability for that long. Hiroshi felt good that he could help though, that he was useful in some way.

The thought in the back of his head remained, knowing that he was just one of the smaller pieces in the whole thing. Nonetheless he was happy, and held a light smile as he rested against the rock. Next part was managing to survive more rocks, or if the enemy managed to get on land. He needed all the strength he could get; otherwise he'd be done for.

It wasn't what Shika had expected but it sure beat having to kill anybody. Thought the academy taught many deadly skills to its students, Shika was glad that her teacher didn't think of them as killing instruments in the making. She skipped on over to the workers toiling away at the ruins, eager to help and to learn what she could in order to rebuild her own house. She watched as Soha hefted up a bunch of wooden planks and Naname a bucket of nails along with three hammers but she didn't get the opportunity to pick up anything herself. Instead she walked along her new found companions and chattered happily, pleased that their mission was so easy going. "Mmm hmm! I'm Shika, you're Soha and you're Naname. I didn't think we would get to fix these houses but this mission's not so bad, is it?"

As they stopped at a house, Shika reached over for one of the hammers, a handful of nails and whistled at the wreckage. "Alright you! It's time to get fixed up! Here we go!" Shika looked around for a spare wooden plank. Once she spotted one, she stuck the nails in her mouth and attempted to lift up the plank. "Itfsh hervy! Burt I gert it!" She attempted to heave it upwards before opting to half drag and half lift it into the house. With a loud thud and a small cloud of dirt, Shika placed it in place and spat out the nails. "Oh! I didn't think wood would be that heavy. Whew! Now, what do I do with these? Do I just start hammering?" She pounced on the nails and lay down to get closer to the plank. The hammer wavered in her hand unsteadily and it seemed more likely she would smash her thumb instead of the nail.

Daiki Shun,
Kirigakure Chuunin | Squad Leader, Team 12

Kirigakure

Daiki walked down the street, his hands stuffed into his pockets. He was hoping that the team would be capable of working together and with others. That was one thing of the 'mission'. It wasn't a test to see if their skills were adequate enough. If the people at the Academy had done their job good enough, there was no need to test that out. The real test he had for them was to learn how to follow, thus doing as he said so without too much questions or any sort of bad behavior, and knowing how to cooperate with each other. Even if they weren't really familiar with each other. For a moment, Daiki wondered if he should go back or not. He took a left turn and would head into an alley that seemed rather desolated. Coming slowly to a halt, he noticed somebody standing in the shadow.

''Time is running out.''

Daiki frowned as he shrugged. ''I'm well aware of that. But it isn't like we can do much about it. The leaders have told us what we need to do. If we act too fast then we can expect more damage. More orphans and stuff we try to avoid in the first place.'' Daiki replied back. He knew that he had to not sound to stern or negative as he wasn't the other person's superior. In either rank or combat abilities.

''So what then? Are you just going to mingle around with your team? If you're planning to betray-''

''Betraying the revolution I've helped already? Give me a break. If you want to sneer or what ever at me, think of a better reason. '' Daiki grew irritated. ''I'll see that the next assignment is done.''

''I'll try to report it back to the leaders. Your assignment will be delivered as the previous time.''

With that said, the person in the shadows would walk away as Daiki turned around. He wasn't going straight back to his team. He had things to think about. He was partly wondering what he would need to do in order to aid the revolution. Taking a little detour, Daiki even bought himself a nice sandwich. While he was finishing it, Daiki was already walking back to where his team was. Chewing the last bite away, he noticed that it was going rather well. They worked not too far apart from each other and though he considered to join them right away, Daiki had a better plan. Simply leaning against a wall, he would watch them from a distance. Even if he couldn't hear them, he would try to keep an eye on them, making mental notes. At least a task he wouldn't do without growing grumpy or being sneered at, hopefully.

Politics and dancing, violet
A talk between regents,
Discussing the next step
And taking some steps.

Collab between Lesli and Gerontis

Summary :
Meisa and Zakito go in private to briefly discuss about the current matters and afterwards, Zakito and Aiko have a dance.
We hope you enjoy.

[spoili]
"Right now, we're in control." He calmly said, leaning backwards. Zakito looked calm at a painting and wondered why somebody made a painting of a waterfall. He found it stunning, but was there another reason? Perhaps it had been a special place for that said person?

"Then why shouldn't we move forward?" Meisa asked, she was pacing back and forth in the small room as she and Zakito were having a rather private talk. "Many clan leaders openly support the newly Dynasty. Those who don't still are forced to bow." Meisa stopped and frowned. "Or am I seeing it wrong then?"

"No, you see it correctly." He told her, glancing at the woman. "Kiyomi has a good amount of renown, name and respect among the nation. I might even say beyond the borders. Using my and Hisoka's name in order to support her only make it more easier for the commoners, who outnumber the clan heads, to give her a chance." Zakito summed up calmly. He was well known with how Meisa was going to tackle the whole ordeal. "Those who still are against this probably are smarter to try to win their own support. However, that is also the problem for them."

"What do you mean then?" Meisa carefully asked. She stopped pacing, but she was still not pleased with how things were. Sure, she believed him in that the situation was more than under control as she was well aware of how much their influence and power was in the realm. Yet, Meisa was wiser than to doubt the man who had managed to keep the world for a decade at peace.

"The problem is how they act and on what reasons. You would be more surprised to know what kind of reasons people would follow than what they would find reasonable." Zakito sighed as he shook his head. "For example, let's take the Nimatsu. They feel offended, without a doubt. Do they have the right to be so? Who knows. Their rival clan from old is now more than just above them. Even after I tried to settle down the rivalry and dislike, it seems that they are too stuck in that." Zakito said. "Right now they have made a claim to marry a vassal of the Sand, on a reason that makes little sense or can have much impact on the realm."

"So we can ignore them, is that what you're trying to tell me?" Meisa asked. She wanted to be certain. When she had heard the rumours and then the confirmation that it was true, she wanted to deal with it right away. It was easy to use it for her own advantage, but she knew better to quickly paint the clan black.

"Most likely, yes. They were allowed to build their village upon the soil and land of the Fire Lord Daimyo. With him passing the power to Kiyomi, they are forced to follow a Hon. I suppose that might be, a shock, for some of the more traditional Nimatsu." Zakito kept talking with a calm tone. As if he saw it as a mere game that was usually played by small children. That analogy appeared in his mind and made him smile behind his mask. "Right now, they did made a major mistake as they have done this action. They literally have gained the distrust of any clan that resides within the borders of the Fire country and the whole River country, who had suffered in the last short war." Zakito sighed, he was growing rather dull with the whole topic. "The more they try to consolidate their own might on land that is being rented to them, the easier it is to topple them. In other words, let them."

Meisa started to pace again. She could understand Zakito's advise, but it didn't sit well with her. She wanted to bring it to a direct halt. Not to endure more idiotic rumors that would just irritate her and ruin her lunches. "What about the Hyuzu information we have gained?" She asked. Turning slowly towards Zakito, she had a more worried expression on her face.

"Now that is indeed going to be a bit more troublesome. No evidence. No arrogant move. In other words," Zakito sighed as he shook his head. "We can't do anything but to prepare at the current moment. See if we can find an opening and if we do." He made a short gesture. "Then we eliminate it."

Walking into the room again, he looked around. There weren't many that were truly enjoying themselves and Zakito thought briefly of heading home. It reeked of hidden politics in the room and though he was aware that he was needed, the man had grown weary of it. It was one of the reasons he hadn't accepted the role of Hokage when it had been presented to him again. Walking towards the musicians, Zakito softly made some requests. A conversation between him and the leader of the musicians started, but after a few moments the tune of the music changed into something more cheerful. Slowly clapping with his hands, Zakito tried to gain some more attention as he then cleared his throat.

"Many would know I'm not probably the best dancers, but surely, we all will enjoy one?"

As he hoped for, it caused a slight shuffling movement as either people gave room for others to dance or to join. For a moment Zakito wondered how old he had became when he compared the adult men and women in the feast as mere shy boys and girls that were unsure how they could dance with each other.

"Milord?''

Looking surprised, Zakito noticed Aiko, who made a short graceful bowing towards him. "M'lady, how can I serve you?" He asked, returning the bow. Aiko smiled as she tilted her head a bit to the right, towards the place where other couples were dancing. "I think I know a suitable task for my lord if he wishes to join me." Raising her hand, she gained a slight blush on her cheeks.

Looking a tad more serious, Zakito made another bow as he would accept her hand. "M'lady. You would honor this simple man way too much." With that, he would walk at her side and like many others, wrap an arm around her waist and hold her hand with his other hand.

"You know, this makes me think of the first time we danced." Aiko said softly, glad that they were doing something else than the usual shinobi business or such. Something that was fun to do, without anything threatening to it. "I do hope you don't mention the time in the desert." Zakito said with an amused tone.

"Oh no!" She frowned a she locked her eyes with him. "I meant that time when you finally had the courage to ask me out." She said, a smile slowly creeping on her thin lips. "Or must I refresh your memory of that?" She asked, her frown still present.

"I fear that I must later ask you again then m'lady. If you would still be keen to remind of that." Zakito chuckled. "I fear that if you wish to dance as then again, in the moonlight, that you shouldn't drink more wine." His response made Aiko's eyes widen as she then looked a bit worried. "No, you don't think that I smell of alcohol, do you?" She asked, almost wanting to quickly check it herself. "Curses, I've used that nice strawberry parfum that my aunt had given me last week." He chuckled lightly.

"You're a horrible, horrible man, you knew that?" She said, feigning obviously that she minded his joke. Smiling she quickly smooched him. "Though if we are going to dance in the moonlight, I do wish to see your smile. If that isn't too much asked, milord.~''

"I'm afraid that I can't refuse that."
[/spoili]

Last edited:
Nazari Sutā
Jounin-Sensei, Ame Team 15

Nazari observed everyone now, she watched how they reacted to what she said and how they formed their response to her question. They all had decent answers to her question, physical prowess, enduring and being on time. All of them were acceptable answers and all of them earned a small smile in response. "Very good, you all have good answers. You are all different, for example, Akihiko showed little struggle with the exercise while Mitsunari showed the most. Shinra, I think you learned that you need to work on your push-ups, yes?" Nazari asked as she glanced at the girl.

"I think the needs of each of you differ, next time, I think everyone will have a different exercise but not as strenuous. I do think, that you three, will need to run 5 laps before we start anything in the next few sessions. The pace will be up to you, but I encourage all of you to try hard in those laps. Does anyone want to share what they thought was the mos difficult part of this exercise was?" She asked them and then stepped back to give them time to answer. She knew that asking them to share a weakness would likely result in them being willing to admit to having one. Nazari looked to Kazen and raised her eyebrows at her, like she was asking when she was planning on doing something.

There was one thing she knew up to now, her team had great potential and they would proud Shinobi of the Hidden Rain one day. But for now, they were just starting that journey and how hard they worked would be told in due time.

Kazen Aniru
Amegakure Jounin-sensei
Trainingsfield outskirts, wrapping up exercise one

Kazen was happily darting ahead of the three genin, not yet at full speed, not even nearly, not to mention activating Wind Walk. She looked over her shoulder and saw Shinra resting with her hands on her knees, clearly exhausted and not be able to continue running. She scouted around a little more, hearing a noise she noticed that Akihiko was not far behind her. She giggled, the boy must be proud that he could 'keep up' with his sensei. She did her best not to burst out in laughter, he would not be able to catch up with her in his life! "Do it" she heard someone yell, as she noticed the footsteps behind her disappear. Akihiko lunged at her with all his strength, his momentum allowed him to jump far and his outstretched palm made clear he was hellbent on catching her. Kazen smiled and simply pivoted out of the way, the boy fell flat on his face before getting up and continuing and finishing the exercise. Kazen jumped over the passed out Mitsunari and finished the exercise with her genin.

Coming back to Nazari she saw a clone brought them tea, she saw her favorite, White Lotus tea. But Akihiko snatched it away in front of her "But... I... That's..." Not being able to finish her sentences she sulked and took the last cup of tea. Nazari asked them a question and told them they all passed. Even Shira and Mitsunari who weren't able to finish it. Kazen was usually the less serious, less strict, more fun sensei but when it came to running and agility she wasn't that easy, she went easy on them and since they graduated they should have been able to finish this exercise.

Being lost in that thought she noticed Nazari looking at her intently a little late. Mitsunari asked if Akihiko catched her 'Not nearly' She thought as she stood up and cleared her throat. "Now that everyone rested a little bit we are going to play around a bit. We'll play a couple matches of Freeze Tag? Is everyone familiar with that? In round one there will be one hunter, Me, and four runners, you are. In round one, neither taijutsu, not ninjutsu or any other techniques are allowed. When touched by a hunter you need to stay in place until you are touched by a teammate. When each of you is 'frozen' you lose. When the time limit is over, you win... ready... go!" After Kazen spoke that last word she waited 30 seconds for everyone to get up and run away after she took off at full speed and went after Nazari first.

Akihiko finished sipping the white lotus tea while his teammates were answering Nazari-sensei's question. Mitsunari answered first. "The purpose is to see our physical prowess? Are we going to have a mental prowess next? No one is going to beat me at that!" Akihiko thought on that for a moment. It was actually a good answer, which really surprised him coming from Mitsunari. Maybe he wasn't as dim-witted as he appeared to be. It was clear Nazari-sensei approved his answer too, because she smiled slightly when he said it, much like she had when he had answered. But as for Mitsunari's declaration that he would win in an exercise of mental prowess, Akihiko was more than ready to prove him wrong. Next to answer was Shinra. "I think that what Akihiko said is probably one of the reasons behind this session. But I also believe that this session was to see what we were capable of doing. Mentally and physically. And how our bodies would handle the change of pace, the exercises. Or in other words, how well we could adjust to different circumstances during a situation... And to never be late.. Sutā-sensei." That answer was more detailed than either his or Mitsunari's. Akihiko wondered if she put in so much effort into the answer because she was trying to show off or if she was genuinely just that diligent. It's definitely showing off, he thought. When Nazari-sensei asked what the most difficult part of the exercise was, Akihiko didn't need to think on it to answer. "The hardest part of the exercise was the final set of jumping jacks Nazari-sensei. I had exerted myself far too much in trying to catch Kazen-sensei, which left me a bit tired toward the end. I believe that perhaps better pacing myself might remedy this problem, or maybe more endurance training......" Akihiko trailed off and he knew exactly why. He was falling back into his own little dream world, remembering how his father used to push him to the limit in endurance. He jumped up from his seat on the ground, snapping out of his trance. He would really need to work on that. Kazen-sensei decided to add her voice to the exchange. Apparently they were going to play a game of freeze tag. He had never played anything like that before because he wasn't big on playing, even before half of his clan was killed, but he understood the rules clearly enough from Kazen-sensei's explanation. Unfortunately, they wouldn't get the opportunity to use any justus. They had barely gotten time to recover from the last exercise. So this was how it was going to be. The life of a genin. And if her speed just now was any indication of just how fast Kazen-sensei could go then this game would end in their failure soon enough. He waited for Kazen-sensei to give the indication and then he jumped away from her, keeping his face in her direction. Apparently she was going to go after Nazari-sensei first. Good. He would see how long he could wait it out in the shadows before he was discovered. He jumped unto the branch of a nearby tree which was shrouded in the shadows and immediately went to work. He twisted and bent several small tree branches, weaving them around until they made a cocoon like structure around him. He kept them in place with a few kunai and made a small peephole in one of the leaves. He doubted Kazen-sensei saw when he entered the tree as busy as she was going after Nazari-sensei. And even if she did find him, the time she would spend trying to get through the cocoon would be sufficient time for him to escape. He felt a small smile snake it's way unto his lips as he assumed his favourite cross-legged sitting position on the branch. He had found a perfect vantage point, he had made a perfect structure to aid in stealth and defense and last but not least, he was going to win this game.