• AA

• AAA

• S

• SS

• SSS

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, how do you suppose that would work for a time/temporal mage? what would counter them, and what would they counter?
Well, that's for you to find out honestly. And its something your character has to know IC-wise, not OOC-wise. If you want the OOC knowledge. you're free to check out the character dump thread and see what can counter your character or who your character can counter.

OK, could I make this suggestion for a dice system augmentation to be considered:

Could we have extenuating circumstances that would somewhat influence the dice rolls, this way making them no 100% random?
For instance:

-If your character's magic is counter-element to the other guy's you get a +1 on your roll
-If you character has prior information about the enemy character you get +0.5 on your roll
-If your character doesn't know what kind of magic the enemy would have you get -0.5 on your roll
-If your character is somewhat injured/exhausted from a recent fight/job you get -1 on your roll
-If you have some terrain/etc. advantage like making a surprise attack or wielding the high ground against a melee-attacks dependent opponent, you gain +1 on your roll

I don't mean it should be exactly these, but I believe it's worth giving some consideration to making some augmentations over the dice system in order to circumvent complete randomness.
Thank you for your input. Those are all solid points. I'll be discussing this with @Ali and we'll come to a conclusion for the dice system in terms of same tier fights.

Zarrock just made a resume of everything I was thinking about as soon as I heard this stuff about rolls... How would you balance the difference in levels between characters in PVP too? Say, a Guild Master vs a C-Ranked Mage? You'd literally leave all to luck, making it so that even writing skill would mean nothing. A person can write an exuberant post, filled with the utmost detail and strategy, only to be fucked over by a random good roll.

Zarrock just made a resume of everything I was thinking about as soon as I heard this stuff about rolls... How would you balance the difference in levels between characters in PVP too? Say, a Guild Master vs a C-Ranked Mage? You'd literally leave all to luck, making it so that even writing skill would mean nothing. A person can write and exuberant post, filled with the utmost detail and strategy, only to be fucked over by a random good roll.
There we go. Summed up right here. Thank you @Yzmael for sharing my concern.

• Love
Reactions: Yaoi Master Gavin
He rolls to punch. Rolls a critical hit. Instant KO. Titanos has been defeated by a random dude who can roll well!
Hey, no need to get Salty about getting punched in the face by Touma.

I for one welcome our fisting overlord.​

giphy.gif

@CynderTheDragoness
@Honor-Sama
@CursedDawn
@Winter
@Circe
@★Under The Stars★
@Zarrock
@KatherinWinter
@-QT-
@Rauzi
@Whispering~Melody
@Aleksandar
@Warm Regret
@RainDash
@xLarius
@Blitzfang43
@Lulunopia
@Zero The Grimm
@Sammael9216
@DustBunny
@NacNak
@Solanik
@firejay1
@Mainstream Hipster
@Ruby.
@Reina
@Artorias
@Merlin
@Killjoy
@B l u E s
@Yzmael
@Yaoi Master Gavin
@RedArmyShogun
@EmperorsChosen

Here are the rules for the dice system... I've worked on this very hard and hope it appeases to you all.
REMINDER: We will try this system out for fair RP, if it does not work, we'll scrap it - just please give it a chance.

GENERAL DICE RULES
This RP uses a 5 sided dice to determine the odds/outcomes of jobs and same tier fights.

DICE OUTCOMES
Roll 1 = Low fight probability/difficult quest
Roll 2 = Semi-low fight probability/semi-difficult quest
Roll 3 = Medium fight probability/quest can go either way
Roll 4 = Medium-high fight probability/semi-easy quest
Roll 5 = High probability/ easy quest

--> Each roll constitutes a "probability" outcome for both same-tier fights and quests
--> Rolling a 'low' number generally means your quest will go sour/be difficult (numbers 1,2,3)
--> Rolling a 'high' number generally means your quest will go swimmingly/be easy (numbers 3,4,5)

•Rolling a "three" (unless otherwise stated) is a 'wild card' when it comes to quests. Should you roll a three, it is automatically up to you/your group leader, how the quest will go.

•Should characters come to a 'draw' in a same-tier fight with final dice rolls (Ex. both role a 5) they must re-roll.
-->Side Note: Should the two players who have come to a draw wish to leave it like so, they may agree over OOC and end the duel as such.

IN CHARACTER RULES
when questing.....
• Jobs which REQUIRE dice, must always be rolled. This can be done in the OOC thread on any of your newest posts that are of course, your choosing.
--> If you are questing with a group, the group leader (or the person who has been designated as 'roller') is the ONLY one who may roll the dice.
• There are a few jobs which do not require dice-rolls, please ensure you do not roll for these jobs.
• Some job have 'roll lists' that entail what each roll will do - more specifically, what each dice face will do. These must be followed, no exceptions.

when fighting NPC's....
• Your original dice roll for whichever job your character/characters are partaking in determines your success against any and all NPC's, unless stated otherwise.

--> Even if you roll low, your characters still have a (if very) slim chance at defeating all monsters and completing the job at hand successfully. However, you and your group must respect the dice roll and make the job either very difficult/easy - depending on the original dice roll.

• Occasional jobs have "bosses" or quest completion points that require a dice to be rolled in order to determine your groups/your own, fate
--> If there is no statement that an objective needs a secondary role, proceed as planned.

when fighting a wizard of the same tier....
• Any and all wizards who fall underneath the same tier must use the dice system put in place in order to determine who shall be victorious. This roll must be made at the end of a fight, to determine who takes the cake.

ONE X ONE FIGHTS: These battles have a limit of ten (10) posts per character. Once the tenth post is reached by each character, a dice roll must be made on the previous IC post by each character to determine who will take the win. (Refer to general rules if there is a draw)
2 .vs. 2: These battles have a maximum limit of fifteen (15) posts per character (30 posts per group). Upon each characters 15th post a double dice roll will be made by each character on a single team. If lower numbers are rolled, you will lose. If higher numbers are rolled, you will win. If one high, and one low is rolled, you must find the difference and use that as your battle outcome.
LARGER GROUP BATTLES: Larger group battles (3 or more on one team) may consist of 20 maximum posts per character. Upon the 20th post, a dice must be rolled to determine a single characters outcome.
-->The more characters with favourable outcomes on a single team, determines the winning side.

when fighting a higher/lower tier player....
•No dice need to be rolled
• There are no maximum turn posts
• If you come to a draw (upon agreeance) you may roll a dice.

Zarrock just made a resume of everything I was thinking about as soon as I heard this stuff about rolls... How would you balance the difference in levels between characters in PVP too? Say, a Guild Master vs a C-Ranked Mage? You'd literally leave all to luck, making it so that even writing skill would mean nothing. A person can write an exuberant post, filled with the utmost detail and strategy, only to be fucked over by a random good roll.
There we go. Summed up right here. Thank you @Yzmael for sharing my concern.
Dudes, the rolls are only for two characters that are in the same Tier LMFAO. So your example just went to garbage xD

Not that I'm trying to pick on you necessarily. You have a point and it would make sense... but they are not relevant to the case haha.

The rolls are CERTAIN missions in which it will determine success or not... and it will be used ONLY in matches where characters are even in power. Of course, that brings up counter powers etc, but that was already mentioned and they are going to have something for that.

We're not making different tier'd wizards role. We'll leave that up to skill.

I personally find dice rolls, and the whole tier system to be distasteful. I'll obey it, but I won't be surprised if I see a higher rank beating a lower "just cause".

Well Ali had to ninja me. How in different tiers is this set to work?

I personally find dice rolls, and the whole tier system to be distasteful. I'll obey it, but I won't be surprised if I see a higher rank beating a lower "just cause".

Well Ali had to ninja me. How in different tiers is this set to work?
Again, that won't happen because we're not making different tier wizards use the dice system :l

Again, that won't happen because we're not making different tier wizards use the dice system :l
Which is why I added that 2nd Line. How will we decide between those, and why can't that system be applied to same tier?

Which is why I added that 2nd Line. How will we decide between those, and why can't that system be applied to same tier?
In different tiers, we leave it up to skill with roleplaying because there are power difference levels between different tiers.
That can work itself out.

If those of different tiers wish to role a dice to decide the fight outcome, they're more than welcome to do so, yet not required.

it will be used ONLY in matches where characters are even in power. Of course, that brings up counter powers etc, but that was already mentioned and they are going to have something for that.
Then our examples stay for that. If the wizards are equal in power, then they win based on who has the most creative use of their powers. If you roll a dice at the end of a fight, then you could write three paragraphs per fight post or just say "He punches him" and have the same probability of winning. It removes the creativity required in writing, and I personally feel that adding dice to combat will lower the quality of this RP.

@Akashi thank you. I saw you also rated Zarrock's post as useful - I'm glad you guys are considering the repercussions here :)

@Ali , in view of those rules you've just put up, does that mean that when there is 1x1, 2x2 etc. fight between wizards of a same tier, if the battle were to end before the, respectively, 10th or 15th post, because one player's character gets defeated due to one of the players admitting defeat, that would mean that the fight is over thanks to a mutual understanding between the roleplayers, without the need to implement the dice roll. In other words, am I correct in understanding, that the die roll will be done after the 10th, 15th, 20th post, just to make sure the battle finally has a clear victor, in case both players are too headstrong for either of them to concede having been beaten?

@Zarrock as a fellow DnD player, I completely stand behind every word you stated in your concluding paragraph

Hmm I see...we'll just have to make do with that, I have no problem in either case. I mean I play town of Salem and FF14, RNGesus and being screwed over, or the one doing the screwing isn't new to me. But I won't be surprised if we have a bit of Drama-rama from others.

@Akashi thank you. I saw you also rated Zarrock's post as useful - I'm glad you guys are considering the repercussions here :)

@Ali , in view of those rules you've just put up, does that mean that when there is 1x1, 2x2 etc. fight between wizards of a same tier, if the battle were to end before the, respectively, 10th or 15th post, because one player's character gets defeated due to one of the players admitting defeat, that would mean that the fight is over thanks to a mutual understanding between the roleplayers, without the need to implement the dice roll. In other words, am I correct in understanding, that the die roll will be done after the 10th, 15th, 20th post, just to make sure the battle finally has a clear victor, in case both players are too headstrong for either of them to concede having been beaten?

@Zarrock as a fellow DnD player, I completely stand behind every word you stated in your concluding paragraph
Yes, that is exactly what I'm getting at. My goal here is not to make it unfair for people, but for there to be a concise victory for someone rather than having 2 (or more, respectively) headstrong people go at it with the mindset that they're "ultra powerful" and are "guaranteed to win".

Hmm I see...we'll just have to make do with that, I have no problem in either case. I mean I play town of Salem and FF14, RNGesus and being screwed over, or the one doing the screwing isn't new to me. But I won't be surprised if we have a bit of Drama-rama from others.
I've been ready for the drama since the second this idea came to fruition.

I'll obey it, but I won't be surprised if I see a higher rank beating a lower "just cause".
If someone is a higher rank, then of course they'll beat lowers "just cause". Like I said, a Guild Master won't lose to a C-Ranked Mage just because the difference in quality posts between the two is higher. In my opinion, the max that a mage who is 3 ranks lower than the enemy should be able to do is draw. Anything above 5 ranks of difference should be considered an immediate loss. I'm just pointing out here, if a system exists, it is to point out the difference in power between the two characters. Otherwise, we might as well just make everyone equal, and Guild Masters would be meaningless.

I stand by the same words Zarrock said. And I have to agree, the dice system is distasteful. It'd be easier to make purposefully difficult quests difficult and easier quests easy. Does that mean if I get a C-Rank Quest that involves mining ore, if I roll very low, I will fail at mining ore even though my character is an S-Rank? Or that it will take me a lot more time to actually mine the damn ore? It doesn't make a lot of sense.

Alright guys. I feel that everything you guys have said is useful, and I've taken it into account, HOWEVER, know that there is no STAT system here. There are no dice rolls in every PvP. There is one simple roll when the same tiers face one another.

So if two blue tiers fight one another, and after the 10th post, they can roll the dice. The dice is ONLY for the final blow as to say. Where one would come out victorious. However, if @Aleksandar mentioned just now. If the fight ends before the 10th post, or if you come to an agreement with your fellow PvP partner, then you may end it with one coming out victorious over the other. Then the dice roll will not be needed. If both PvP partners wants to fight it to the end, they are allowed to, and then we have the dice roll after the 10th post. IF both partners end up getting the same roll, then they can DECIDE amongst eachother to call it a draw. IF they do not want a draw, then you roll the dice AGAIN.

I hope you guys are understanding that there is no stat system here guys. NO stat system at all. No dice rolls for every single fight. Or where a random F tier wizard with just one spell would come and kick a GM's ass because he got the better roll. So there is NOTHING like that.

• Thank You
Reactions: DustBunny and Ali
Yes, that is exactly what I'm getting at. My goal here is not to make it unfair for people, but for there to be a concise victory for someone rather than having 2 (or more, respectively) headstrong people go at it with the mindset that they're "ultra powerful" and are "guaranteed to win".
This is always an issue in any RP with PvP in it, however, I feel that it should not be randomized who wins for the reasons I stated in my previous post. I feel that at the end of the post limit for the fight, either GMs decide the victor, or it is put up to vote. I feel this is much more fair. This would give a clear conclusion to the fight, but still maintain the need for creativity in posts.

If someone is a higher rank, then of course they'll beat lowers "just cause". Like I said, a Guild Master won't lose to a C-Ranked Mage just because the difference in quality posts between the two is higher. In my opinion, the max that a mage who is 3 ranks lower than the enemy should be able to do is draw. Anything above 5 ranks of difference should be considered an immediate loss. I'm just pointing out here, if a system exists, it is to point out the difference in power between the two characters. Otherwise, we might as well just make everyone equal, and Guild Masters would be meaningless.

I stand by the same words Zarrock said. And I have to agree, the dice system is distasteful. It'd be easier to make purposefully difficult quests difficult and easier quests easy. Does that mean if I get a C-Rank Quest that involves mining ore, if I roll very low, I will fail at mining ore even though my character is an S-Rank? Or that it will take me a lot more time to actually mine the damn ore? It doesn't make a lot of sense.
With quests, it's more a probability thing than a determined outcome/final blow.
Rolling lower guarantees the quest will be quite difficult, and as a roleplayer apart of this RP, Akashi and I ask you guys respect that.
It won't be impossible to do, but it will be hard.
Same thing with a high roll, but in a completely different light.

I've implemented the dice system so that people can have fun with their characters actions. To challenge their skills as an RP'er.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: DustBunny
If someone is a higher rank, then of course they'll beat lowers "just cause".
*Face palms* Do you even watch the show Yz? Half the time the upper god like people end up dead, because of last moment inspiration. Which might be bullshit, but if my S rank goes off the rocker, I'm not going to raise a fuss if some group of C's outwit him, which in turn defeats, or drives him off.

But then again I like Challenging battles, more than curb stomps. The upper should win, correct. But in the case of being at a tactical disadvantage or multiple on one, well quantity has a quality all of its own. Least it shouldn't just be dismissed out of hand. Least I can, provided I make quests, just put up an Impassible roadblock for a team.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: DustBunny
Status
Not open for further replies.