Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox=Amelia Norwyn, blue, solid, 10, Book Antiqua]

Raising an eyebrow as she observed Brom and Brynn stabbing the stone-heart, Amelia could only shuffle on her feet a little awkwardly. Should she join in? It would be awfully rude if she was supposed to stab it too but didn't. Looking around the room, she whistled quietly before a smirk passed over Amelia's face.

"Aeron blew too early." She repeated under her breath, clearly amused. Luckily, she didn't have to worry about whether or not she was supposed to stab the stone when Brom quickly gave them instructions. "As you wish." She said with a nod before Brom left in a hurry and she nodded to Brynn.

"Lady Amelia Norwyn - pleasure to make your acquaintance." She introduced herself formally before stepping out of the room, hand on her spear as she walked down the hallway, smiling when several guards piled into the corridor. Gripping her spear, she readied it as the frost gem seemed to shine and she let instinct take over, thrusting the polearm forward as the magic in the gem seemed to churn. Soon the hallway was assaulted by a gust of freezing wind, the armor of the guards slowly frosting over as their movements became slow.

Taking advantage of the situation, Amelia quickly dashed into action, capitalizing on the range of her spear and the impaired movements of her enemies to quickly dispatch all of them. Stabbing her spear into the floor as she looked around to survey the carnage she wrecked on the group of guards.

At the sound of shuffling not far from her, she caught sight of a dwarf barreling through a window and she instinctively aimed her spear at the man, though it was clear she wasn't intending to attack... Yet. Narrowing her eyes, she looked over the dwarf before raising an eyebrow.

"Another acquaintance of Aeron?" She inquired, judging that he couldn't have been a slave based on his appearance, while also knowing that the amount of dwarves that operated under The High Command were few and in between. [/fieldbox]

Hellena smiled when Osan suddenly lost his corporeal form, "And so it begins," she said calmly and without one shred of fear or remorse. Osan's spirit enerfy passed through the wall and her head turned to the guards and that disarming gaze that seemed to see into you met each guard in turn, "Do you really believe you should obey the commands of a malevolent spirit whom Prothos has utterly condemned?" she asked, "Seems an extremely unwise course of action to me. But if you are determined to do so I must tell you all that you will suffer his fate this day. Such needless tragedy and loss."

She sat there not even attempting to move as her gaze swept the guards. She stood then and nodded to them all. "Gentlemen,: she smiled, "I am leaving." Her head tipped a bit as her looked at them, "Prothos WILL prevail this day. Choose your fate."

Alexis blinked at the wizard's change. That made a lot of things fall into place for her, but it didn't give her any boost in confidence like it did Hellena. Well hell and damnation, Hellena was spouting off more prophesy and all she could do was keep her hand on her sword at the ready and hope that these guards were freaked out. She mentally prayed to ehr patron for help and protection. She watched Hellea stand and did so as well. Her eyes were on the guard's weapons. If one drew she would strike. There were far more of them, but favor of the gods was not anything to trifle with or discount.

She did have the fleeting thought that Hellena's bravery was more than likely going to get her killed one day. Hopefully, that day was NOT today. She could hear the commotionm outside and wondered what THESE guards would think of it. Would they switch sides as Hellena was obviously offering? Would they choose to die with the spirit? Would they attempt to follow roders? She was going over every possible outcome. Please switch, her mind screamed, bt her logical side didn't actually expect that to happen even if Hellena seemed to think it would.

Brynn nodded, "Yes he will come," she said, "But he should be vulnerable now." she said hopefully. She nodded to Amelia, "A pleasure." she said, "I've been here fore a while now...the elves won't follow anyone but Celebror...hopefully he will be in the south quadrant."

She followed Amelia out of the room and watched as she made shhort work of those guards. She also saw the dwarf, "Friend or foe?" she asked having no notion which was true but her sword was at the ready, They had to get the elves out, they didn't really have time to interrogate, but they did need allies. Hopefully they would get out of that area vefore Osan sgowed up.

[fieldbox=Amasius, green, solid, 10, Book Antiqua] Amasius dusted himself off after he was dragged upright. He couldn't get a single word in edgewise before the strange man drew his sword and rushed the guards that had noticed him. "Wait, I don't know how to fi-." His voice cut off mid-sentence as the blood of the guards splattered on the ground, and on his face.

Stumbling backwards, he tried to wipe the blood drops off his face, but he could still feel the viscous liquid on his face, Amasius kept scrubbing his face with his sleeve.

He looked up with face scrubbed near raw to see that some straggling guards had surrounded him. Grabbing at the handle of the hammer, he desperately tried to grab and lift the heavy thing but fumbled and dropped it. Before he could even try to pick it up, he felt a blade enter the small of his back.

Looking down at the his stomach, where blood started to spill out and pool on the ground, he coughed and fell to his knees.
[/fieldbox]

Frazer tensed up at first but immediately relaxed after fighting down his first impulse to protest against the man's choice to remain in the danger zone. While the man turned to address the crowd a quiet sigh of defeat escaped the Druid and when they were able to speak again he would do so with his left hand resting casually on the hilt of his blades. "Alright alright.. But I beg you two to remain close. I will not be the one to tell a man his mother got herself killed moments before their reunion." The ambassador said, his eyes peering into the elder's with a great fire in them. There was indeed no way for the Druid to be persuaded otherwise.

With the crowd driven to fight Frazer had done his part, but to find Brom's mother quickly changed his priorities. He recalled their differences with one another and knew this lady was the person that the mage was willing to put everything on the line for if the situation demanded it, which was why he was more than certain to put everything on the line to make sure she made it to him. On an ordinary day he'd call himself crazy, but no matter how crazy the task got there was still that promise he made before setting off to find the boy.

[fieldbox=Aeron Cross, red, solid, 10, Book Antiqua]

It was a legitimate toss up in regards to who was more surprised.

Amasius, who had been stabbed.

Aeron, who was downright disappointed.

Or the guard who had actually stabbed Amasius.

"Oh." The expression of surprise was muffled by the guard's helmet as he looked between his bloody blade, Amasius and Aeron. In all honesty, the guard was just a lowly grunt who joined The High Command because it was the only real 'career' path for him. He didn't want to be a baker, he didn't want to be a blacksmith; he enjoyed swordplay, but the thought of being an actual knight was too spooky for him.

So, joining The High Command was kind of his only avenue. It wasn't the best thing - y'know, what with having to pretty much lord over a bunch of slaves, but he gave them breaks and was lenient when he could be. But, it was also his duty to defend the compound, and defend it he did. He had expected to die pretty fast seeing as how he was only a grunt in the larger scheme of things, and he didn't think he'd actually stab anyone.

"Oh... My apologies." The guard said as he stood behind Amasius, sword in hand and Aeron blinked, rubbing a hand over his face. Gripping his sword, the Legionnaire made quick work of the remaining opposition before it was only he, the guard and Amasius that remained. "So..." The guard said, kicking the dirt awkwardly as Amasius keeled over onto his side and Aeron sighed.

"What's your name?" Aeron questioned and the guard jumped in surprise. "Nevermind. Tin-head, that's your name from here on out, pick up that sorry bastard and follow me while I try to find Frazer so he can fix him." Aeron said as he brushed past the confused guard.

"Wait. Aren't you going to..." He motioned to the rest of the guard strewn about and Aeron rolled his eyes.

"No, Tin-head, I'm not. Now shut up, pick the kid up and follow me." The Legionnaire ordered before he continued walking. "Geez, find an NPC that actually does something and they instinctively want to die... He'll probably turn into a dragon or something later on..." Aeron grumbled under his breath, not really concerning himself with the walls he was breaking.
[/fieldbox]

Reactions: PoetLore
Buras must have gotten himself turned around at some point, because suddenly he was surrounded by elves clad in rags fighting armored men. "By the Mountains." he cursed silently to himself, ducking a sword swing and jabbing the guard in the gut with the pommel of his axe. "Which way, which way?" he said as he ran down one block after another, the castle staying firmly in place no matter which way he ran. "Bah, as the crow flies." And so he ran as best he could towards the keep. Which happened to have him cross paths with that druid Frazer. "DRUID!" he shouted, knee capping a guard as he passed. "Glad to see you alive! Maybe now I'll get to that bloody castle."

He turned to the speakers, still breathing heavy."Friend - assuming yer with Aeron's crew. You fellows are a real pain to find." He caught sight of the dead guards. Typical. "Fortunately for me, subtlety isn't yer strong point. Name's Basso." Finally, the search was over. Now he - they - only had to worry getting out alive. Great.

Footsteps echoed down the hallway. He pulled the rope arrow from the ceiling. There was a click, then a whirr as the mechanism wound the rope back into place. He returned it to his quiver, then drew an arrow with a rounded, glass head. He inspected it, then nocked it to his bow. He wanted to make this one count - these arrows were expensive, and this little adventure was already burning a hole in his purse. "Let's make ourselves scarce 'fore more of these tin-hats find some nerve." He dashed into the hallway, taking cover behind a pillar.

Last edited by a moderator:
[fieldbox=Amasius, green, solid, 10, Book Antiqua] Amasius tried to hold in the bile as the guard jostled him trying to keep up with the toolongsword man, he could take it for all of 2 minutes before he pushed himself off the guys shoulder.

"Ugh, you were jostling me too much. Here, just. Just give me your shoulder or something." Putting his arm around the mans shoulder, he limped behind the still moving man. Trying not to pass out and wishing he hadn't wasted 10 minutes gorging himself.
[/fieldbox]

The guards wouldn't have much of a choice as they would be knocked out by furiously flung doors, the half-elf stepping into the room with a relieved sigh. His sword was sheathed, although a faint azure glow seemed to trace the blade-edge as the hood continued to mask the half-elf's face.

"Thank the gods, you two are safe! You need to hurry back to the tunnel- Aeron and Buras blew the black powder too early and the slave uprising has already begun. Right now I came to check and find you two- I sense something is really wrong. I'm going to check it out and meet up with the rest of you all. Hopefully I can catch Aeron before he can do anything else too harebrained for his own good. I'll be seeing you again soon enough... for now, I'd best be on my way."

Brom soon made his way about the fortress, soon finding himself on the western ramparts as he felt a chill rush down his spine. Turning around, he saw Osan's form, standing as straight as he could in order to appear intimating.

"Sssso.... you are the one she wants to take under her wing. A pity that you dessstroyed part of my fortresssss. For thisss, you will sssuffer!"

The Kor then raised his hands, a dozen dark orbs circling above him, commanding magic with his will as he looked to his furiosity. The half-elf soon jumped aside, attempting to dodge the various orbs as he, after hesitating, placed the end of his head. Clearing his mind, the mage tapped into his will and the magical energy stored within him. His will changed form, being channeled throughout the faded wood and the focusing crystal where it emerged as bolts of arcane lighting, given direction and might by Brom's will and the aim of the staff. Brom soon wore himself out, however, giving his bolts amount power, each magical explosion as projectiles collided. He soon only had a faction of strength within him, using it to create an arcane shield around.

With an unearthly laugh, Osan dug his claws into Brom's projection, sending surges of dark magic as he eventually shattered the shield before hitting the half-elf with various dark magic projectiles before knocking him away with a blast of dark energy. Coughing up some blood, Brom's staff flew behind him, out of his reach as he struggled to stand, his singed hair and fallen hood giving way to his ears. Osan narrowed his otherwordly eyes.

"Ssso you are one of the mortal magic-usersss who need will, not an incantation? No wonder she values you so highly. You and that runaway knight... oh, well. I don't it mattersss ssso long are you're alive when it'sss time for you to be collected."

The mage then coughed up more of his blood, the substance on his robes as well as the ground. Seeing his sword glowing brightly, he drew it, wielding it in both hands as well as he could.

"Never..."

"Hmmm? What wasss that?"

"I will never, never... submit to your dark empire... ever... again!"

Then, in a rush of adrenaline and desperation, Brom stabbed Osan with the blade square in the chest, Osan's form disintegrtaing as it was enveloped in an azure light, vanishing from existence as Brom weakly walked over and grabbed his staff, leaning on it for support as he look to where Osan was felled, sensing a new presence.

Alexis was about to draw her sword when Brom bashed open the door and knocked out the last few guards who had been watching them. she listened and grabbed Hellena's arm dragging her after Brom out of the meeting hall. She grabbged the reigns of their horses, totally unwilling to leave without them. There were sure to be casualties, and they would be needed. Her gaze then fell to the battle between Brom and Osan.

She watched Brom struggling with the sword and frowned. "Both hands," she whispered as she watched, "Shift your weight.." She was so frustrated by the battle she didn't realize she was squeezing Hellena's arm until the other woman let out a squeak. "Sorry Hellena," she said quickly, "Our Mage isn't much of a swordsman..."

She didn't interfere until the very end, when he leaned on his staff. She left Hellena nd slipped and arm around Brom's waist, "Over to the horses...we will go out the main gates where we came in and circle around." She didn't give him a chance to argue. She just led him to the horses. Hellena was already up on her horse, though how shehad done it was a mystery to Alexis. She looked at Brom, "Can you get up there?" she asked, "And listen...once we get out of here...I am going to teach you how to use that sword. No sense having it if you don't know what to do with it...agreed?"

She looked up at Hellena, "And you," she said, "No more trouble..."

Hellena was grabbed by the arm and dragged out of the room. She waved on her way out and then stood watching the battle as well. She grinned at Alexis' whispered instructions. She noted the victory, or partial victory of their mage in training and was satified that he was coming into his own strength, but she also knew their were overstaying their welcome. She hopped up and used her arms to lift herself and shing her leg over the horse's back and waited for Alexis and Brom. She lifted a brow, "Me?" she asked and blew out a huff of air, "I am being helpful at every turn of our journey." she said with a smile.

She kicked her horse and it started toward gate they had come from, "The guards are going to be very helpful now...I have seen it." She approached the gate and smiled at the gate keeper, "We are leaving now," she announced, "Would you be so kind as to open the gate? Prothos will bless you for your cooperation." That 'seeing' gaze leveled on the gatekeeper and she smiled a beautiful smile. The Gatekeeper then turned and opened the gate with a goofy smile on his face in return.

"You are blessed, Famir, Son of Bashur," she announced as she passed.

Famir blinked and watched dumbfounded. "How?"

She glanced over her shoulder, "Prothos knows who you are. He has not forsaken this world. I am his Oracle and He speaks through me and to me. The time of the Dark Lord is short. If I were you I would consider who's side I was fighting on." She turned and led the horse out through the gate. She began to let her second sight lead to the place where the hole was made in the wall. She could not see the maps but she could follow the sight that Prothos and Liyra gave. She sent up prayers and she rode for the safety of the others. She had not seen death but it would be good to avoid as much injury as possible.

Brynn looked at Amelia, "Is he always like this?" she asked and followed. She saw the man moving across the compound right toward Osan's meeting house. "Where is he going?" she asked, "That is right where he will be...does he have a death wish?"

She slapped her hand to her forehead and ducked as a guard swung at her. "Seriously?' she asked as she continued to turn and her sword found its home deep in the guard's chest. "Why would you even try that?" she asked. "You know who I am." She sighed and pushed him off her sword and stepped over him. She didn't like killing, b ut she liked being killed even less, so she defended herself. The next guard made eye contact but backed away. "Smart man," she said and made her way to where the elves were gathering and fighting. "I heard the mage say there is a hole blasted in the southern wall...get out of here.."

@Beowulf

With little protest coming from the elder Frazer was able to at least have things under control in this chaotic situation. Everywhere around the Druid there was fighting between guard and slave, but he remained by Brom's mother, working like a general's body guard to ensure the two's safety. There was one guard who thought it be wise to challenge the Druid in order to cut the head off this massive snake. With a battle cry he raised his sword and charged through the crowd towards the pair, but before he could get close he found himself crashing into the Druid that had shifted in his wolf form. Instinctively the man swung at Frazer, considering him a monster. The Druid's handiwork was quick on the defense however and in a flash Frazer had caught the man's swinging arm by the risk, locking the two in place for a brief moment. The man had an expression of horror while he stared into Frazer's glare, it would be the last thing he would see before the wolf swiped his free pawish hand down on the man, the claws and palm slamming into the man's helm with enough force to make him collapse in a state of unconsciousness. The ambassador had considered ensuring the man would no longer be a threat by killing him, but a outburst from nearby caught his attention.

Shifting his gaze over to Buras the Druid gave his Conrad a raised brow as if signaling that he was wondering what the dwarf was up to. "Where are the others? Is the last mage unharmed?"

• Love
[fieldbox=Lady Zaynesworth, purple, solid, 10, Book Antiqua]
k2U0Wsq.png

(Interacting with Alexis, Hellena, Brom via Astral Projection)
"I want to be impressed, but I am not." The Sorceress' words greeted Brom before her visage did. In an instant, a vortex of fire surrounded the trio, yet there was no heat. Stepping from the flames, Lady Zaynesworth tilted her hat in greeting, a cold smile on her face as her orange eye focused solely on Brom. Even as she stood before them, it could still be questioned as to whether or not she was even there, magical apparition blurring the line of reality. Though, to Hellena's 'eyes' there nothing, the Oracle only able to hear the Sorceress' words. "To think you had such trouble killing Osan - I truly expected more from you, mage." She sighed out cruelly, her words dripping with venom while her cold gaze made her malicious nature blatant.

"But I suppose you still have much to learn." She frowned, slightly cocking her head to the side as if considering something. It was then that she 'acknowledged' Alexis and Hellena's presence. "Ah. The Ashen Legion's Oracle and some Templar. I have to give you credit, mage, you certainly know how to form a... Colorful party." Her frown slowly curled into a smile as if she knew something none of them did.

"Mage, I have little interests in games, so I'll make this quick. You can continue on your little path and hope Celebror can teach you a thing or two... Or I can show you the true extent of your power." She said as the vortex of flames seemed to swirl faster and landscape shifted until everyone, even Hellena, could see Brom standing on top a mountain, the brand of the Dark One on his forehead while a mass of bodies bowed before him, a knight armored in black standing beside him. "Real power, Mage."

(Interacting with Aeron physically)
Standing in Osan's office, the Sorceress lazily flipped through several tomes until she found what she was looking for. Her usual smirk made its way onto her face when she found the book and ran a thumb along the spine, setting it ablaze before she tossed it aside. Watching as the fire spread, she hummed happily before flames consumed her and she reappeared on top of the building.

Clasping her hands together, she focused as magic began to well up in her palms, her smirk turning into a grin. As the arcane energy in her hands grew, it slowly became more and more unstable. When she was satisfied with the power contained within her hands, she raised her arms upwards and let the magic free. Soon, a circle of fire appeared in the sky that spanned the entire compound. With glowing eyes, she focused on her creation before balls of fire began to rain from the sky, assaulting the compound.

Satisfied with her handiwork, she observed as the compound was slowly destroyed, the entire area smoldering from the magical bombardment. Stepping off the ledge of the building, she was soon walking on the ground, the sound of gravel crunching beneath her feet filled the air as she walked with a clear purpose. It wasn't long before she was face to face with what she was searching for, her usual cold smile on her face as she met Aeron's gaze.

"Oh Corvyx, mommy has missed you so." She sneered, pure venom in her voice.
[/hr][/fieldbox]

• Love
[fieldbox=Aeron Cross, red, solid, 10, Book Antiqua]

Eyes narrowed, Aeron paused when the sky above the compound darkened and he felt a strange chill up his spine. Looking over to Tin-Head and Amasius, he sighed heavily as he continued to lead them through the compound, searching for Frazer or someone that could help the wounded Elf. But when a ring of fire formed in the air above the compound and flames started trickling down to to the compound, he knew something was wrong.

He wanted to be wrong, but he knew exactly who the culprit was.

"Tin-Head, go on without me. Make sure you get the kid some help." Aeron called out as he took off into a sprint, heading towards the largest building where Osan previously 'ruled'. Boots digging into the ground as he skidded to a halt, his eyes narrowed as he met the Sorceress' and he felt a pit form in his stomach, a familiar unease taking hold of him.

'Oh Corvyx, mommy has missed you so.' Her voice made him flinch, even if he didn't realize it. Whenever they spoke, it was rarely a casual or 'friendly' affair unless she had something particularly cruel planned.

"What are you doing here?" He inquired, the grip on his sword tightening as he glared at the woman who feigned shock, gasping as a hand covered her mouth.

"Now Corvyx, is that any way to speak to your mother? You should be more respectful when speaking to me - I brought you into this world, and I am more than capable of removing you from it." She threatened as she took a step forward and the Legionnaire took a step back. "As for why I'm here - isn't it obvious? What loving parent could stay away from their child? It's been far too long since you ran away a joined those 'rebels'." Every word out of her mouth was toxic, her tone dripping with venom as the same cruel smile stayed etched upon her face.

"Didn't feel comfortable staying home - what with all the firestorms and everything." Aeron chuckled out, keeping his distance as he tried to figure out her angle. She was the cause of the firestorm, obviously. It was clear she wanted to the compound razed to the ground, but he couldn't be sure why. If she wanted to kill the slaves, specifically, he knew she'd be more direct. "What are you after?" He questioned, only to receive the same feigned gesture of offense.

"Why, Corvyx, is a mother not allowed to visit her son? As I said, it's been so long and I had started to worry." She sneered as she took a step forward once more, though this time Aeron didn't move. "Besides, you have made acquaintances with some interesting people... Even the 'prophesied' Mage." The corner of her mouth twitched and Aeron stepped back, hand shaking slightly as he looked at her warily.

"So that's what you're after." Aeron said and she frowned, eyes narrowing before she extended a hand and the sword in his hand seemed to become heavier - too heavy for even him to hold. Forced to drop the weapon, he looked to her in confusion as she walked forward at a brisk pace, stopping only a foot away from him.

"You have no need for such a toy, dear." She spat the words out, ignoring his observation in regards to the reason why she was at the compound. Almost immediately a familiar object materialized in her hands and Aeron exhaled roughly at the sight of the longsword, the black metal almost calling out to him. "I remember when I had this forged for you - you were so young. While I thought it'd be wasted on you, you used it so easily. It really did make me proud - watching you and Shambala cut through Legionnaires, Wardens, Rangers and whatever got in the way. Even if you run away from me, don't you agree running away from something so faithful to you is... Cruel?" The Sorceress pouted as she pushed the weapon forward before releasing it and Aeron instinctively caught it.

"What do you want from me?" Aeron asked, glaring into his mother's similarly hued eyes.

"Everything, and you know that, Corvyx. But, I can wait. And I can entertain your... Silly antics. For now. But, the time will come when you will do as you must, and perhaps then my pride in you will be restored." She said as she stepped past him, pulling the brim of her hat lower to cover her face. "I suppose I just have to find a way to kill this 'Aeron' so you can be your true self." She mused, leaving the Legionnaire standing alone as the compound continued to burn around him.
[/fieldbox]

• Love
[fieldbox=Amelia Norwyn, blue, solid, 10, Book Antiqua]

"Zere is no excitement in subtlety." Amelia spoke in response to Basso. "I am Lady Amelia of House Norwyn." She introduced herself as she had been taught to before the trio seemed to come to the quiet agreement that it would be best to get a move on. No point in loitering around when there were things to be done. "Ze Mage is... Odd." She whispered to Brynn, not really bothering with saying anything else. If he felt as though he was capable of fighting Osan, Amelia would not argue. Instead, she'd focus on regrouping with the others.

"Ze ozers should be near ze main courtyard. It'd be wise to head zere." Meeting with little to no opposition, the trio made their way out of the main compound and soon found themselves amongst most of the rioting slaves. Moving through the crowd, Amelia was pleased to catch sight of Frazer. "Druid!" She called out to get his attention.

"Ze Mage has gone to confront Osan. I believe Alexis and ze Oracle are wiz him." She said, and not too long after, the sky darkened before a ring of fire appeared over the compound and soon balls of fire were bombarding the area and Amelia could only watched in stunned silence. Slowly regaining her composure, she turned her attention back to Frazer. "Ve must evacuate ze slaves. I trust ze Mage is fine, but at zis rate we may not be."
[/fieldbox]

• Love
"How would I know where the others are?" was the prompt response as he kicked a guard hard in the shin to get him to bend down just enough to punch him in the face. "All I know is that the mage will probably be in that keep, so I was headed there with Aeron and someone else who decided to tag along." And with a wide swing, he buried his axe into another unlucky guard. "Then some guards showed up, he told me to go on without him, and I bloody well did. The man can hold his own against five guards just as easily as me, and that's saying something."

"And for that mage, I don't have a damn clue. I'd think he's at least not dead since we're all alive." It was at this point that it started to rain fire on them. "Why'd I have to go and jinx it." he muttered as he nimble dove out of the way of one of the fire balls that was raining down on them.

• Love
Alexis saw the flames and the blurred image before her but she was aware that it was magically created. She'd seen such things before. She took a step closer to Hellena at first but when it became clear that the woman had no interest in Hellena she shifted her focus to Brom and stood beside him. She felt an instant prickle and the hair on her neck stood on end.

"Do not heed her words," she said defiantly, "She is full of lies and deceit and self-advancement."

Her hand clasped around the hilt of her sword and she drew it in readiness. She was perfectly aware that a sword was not very effective against an apparition but she also knew magic could throw things at you, and she wanted to be prepared in any event. She didn't like this at all, not one little bit. When she saw the image of Brom atop a mountain with death and obeisance all around him she shook her head.

"THAT is not true power," she hissed out, "See the truth Brom, this is not what you are meant for..."

Status
Not open for further replies.