Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox=Aeron Cross, red, solid, 10, Book Antiqua]

"Just tell me you want to go see the flowers." Aeron said, folding his arms. "No one will really understand, but I will. And that's more than enough, honestly." He smiled before looking around, letting out a short sigh.

"Anyway, we should probably try to get ready to move. I doubt we're gonna stay camped here for long. C'mon, we can keep talking about it. It'd probably be a good idea to eat something too." He said, motioning Snowball in another direction, knowing the tiger would help lead Hellena as Aeron made small talk.

"Oh, look, we're here." Aeron commented from atop Snowball, riding the tiger alongside Hellena. He felt... Anxious. He felt like he didn't belong - the second they passed through the barrier he felt a pit form in his stomach. Swallowing down a lump that formed in his throat, he sighed. "Tuminor looks... Okay. Everything else looks like shit, in my opinion." He quipped, an amused smile on his face.

"Hopefully we'll be able to actually settle in soon. I want to just lay down already." He sighed in exasperation, an annoyed look on his face.
[/fieldbox]

"I was to see flowers," she said, "I'd like to actually, but I am content to smell them. Still. I will use the signal next time i am feeling crushed by the people." She said as she walked with him back to her horse. They engaged in their private discussion of Tuminor and the journey yet ahead. Both were more than a little saddle weary, but there was no time for coddling. It was nice to have someone just talk to her. She hadn't actually realized before, that no one ever spoke to her unless they needed her to see something for them, or make inquiry of Liyra. So, having someone take the time to speak to her without wanting anything from her was nice, and welcome.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

She was feeling the strain of the long hours of riding by the time they arrived at Tuminor. Her eyes were clouded over with a vision of the past battle that leveled the snow covered area. She could 'see' the warriors and the fire and the death and it saddened her heart. she came awake from the vision and looked over at the remaining fortress and smiled an odd smile, "The lone survivor," she said with a tilt of her head, "I wonder if it is as majestic as it was." she asked. She had seen it in the vision in all its glory, but what she saw now was a block of light yellow standing tall and proud in the distance, almost in defiance of the battle of the past. she turned her head and looked at Aeron, "I would welcome sleep," she said, "I hope we stay long enough for the imprint of this saddle to leave my behind." She huffed a bit but it was very true. She would continue one, if they did, but she'd really like a few days of rest.

Once everything was arranged for the group to continue with their risky journey Frazer started off his own path, separating from the group to honor Brom's wishes. His own path would be full of peril that would strengthen him and endanger him, putting every skill he had to the test as he walked beneath the High Command's vast network. What would take years to accomplish took days for the druid, exploiting every advantage he had with the Black Rose's complicated system. One stop lead him to a tavern, one that was the place where many would seek refuge from the oppression that plagued them outside. It had its fair share of merchants, citizens and everything in between, but deep inside it also had its fair share of spies that worked beneath many flags, even the high command. There was one man Frazer was interested in, a man that sat at one of the many tables delicately placed around the dining area with a vacant seat across from him. Upon spotting the man the druid would take the open seat, and their discussion would begin.

"The High Command has become more proactive in finding those responsible for the raiding of one of their slave pens. I pray you at least can bring some news to calm the High Elder." The man started, his voice hushed but loud enough to cut through the din that surrounded the table.

"Brom is safe from their search parties, along with many of the slaves. They are planning to take refuge in Tuminor, but he has dispatched me to help establish a coalition between the factions, one that would help protect those he takes in." Frazer spoke in a similar fashion, but seeing as there was nobody within proximity he added a little voice to his statement. "I volunteered for the task."

"Frazer... You can not keep doing this. You haven't been present to any of your summons and they have begun questioning your community about your whereabouts. Your time as our spy is coming to an end. You can not keep playing the game like you are still invisible, especially since you know about the mage. They will catch on, and they will look for you."

"... Until then I have much to do. Do be sure to make it back to the High Elder with this news."
----------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------
*Present Time, Tuminor*

The past few days of restless work had finally paid off. Frazer had met with templars, wardens, and even many Black Rose associated without a single moment's rest to delay his traveling. After acquiring a horse to help speed things up, the Druid had begun his return, now plagued with extreme fatigue. It was quite obvious that without the horse there was no way Frazer would have been able to make it to the others without hurting himself as a result of pushing his limits.

The others approaching the stronghold would spot their ambassador at a distance, his shoulders slump and his posture swaying as his obedient horse guided him towards the small caravan. He was successful though, and bore gifts from each of the factions on his person if not in his horse's cargo. Unfortunately the druid wasn't necessarily in a healthy condition, and from the looks of it his clothes had a lot of wolf fur stuck in the fabrics. It seems he had been exploiting his true form to stay awake up until this point. Only when he caught up to someone familiar to him did he finally loose grip with the real world, giving into his heavy eyelids and he started leaning sideways, perhaps even falling off the saddle and into the unforgiving dirt. In the clutch of his right hand he held onto a rather tattered scroll, no doubt his handling had made it less appealing and promising, but inscribed on the paper was a series of names from every faction that Brom had wished for the Druid to meet with. He had did it in an almost record breaking five days.

Last edited:
[fieldbox=Brom, blue, solid, 8, book antiqua]
Taking the scroll as they marched onwards, dismounting as he took the reins of his horse as well as Frazer's to allow their resident diplomat to get some rest as they walked about a quarter of an hour to the fortress gates.

It stood strong and powerful, the only true sign of age upon the fortress was the occasional strand of vine and an overgrowth of the crops that had been once cultivated within and along the outer walls, black stone almost shining in the snow-bound sun. The tower's state in the legend had been somewhat exaggerated, as the core structure and a fair amount of the stone still stood. Structurally sound, yes, but still functionally useless until it was repaired. And, soon enough, the holy aura became even stronger as they saw an ancient structure- the shrine around which Tuminor and the village and the farmland surrounding it had been built. Built of white granite and limestone, one would find that the grace of the Creator had kept the interior in the same condition as the day it was carved, pictographs of holy texts and figures on the walls and a map of the stars on the ceiling, with only the carving of Crassius scratched out by some divine force. Beneath the central oculus was a great marble altar, which doubled as a reliquary as the Shard was concealed within, the holy relic beneath the stone visible on total eclipses and only capable of being extracted by the worthy.

With some magic and some creative arrow shots, the gate soon fell, the party free to enter and explore the fortress as the mage gently woke up the druid.
100_6145.jpg

[/fieldbox]

Reactions: PoetLore
Alexis rode toward the back of their procession. She'd noticed that Aeron was taking charge of Hellena's personal well being so she felt guarding the rear was a better use of her skills. She didn't mind handing Hellena over to Aeron, because honestly the woman made her very nervous. She was glad to hand over the reckless seer, and just worry about being attacked by the high command.

She saw Tuminor coming up in the distance and was so very glad of it. She was used to long hours and days in the saddle but she needed to rest and worship to regain her mental focus and physical strength. She was taking shifts guarding the group, so rest was not something she had been allowing herself. The open expanse between the treeline and Tuminor itself gave her a bit of unease. She didn't like how open this area was. She fell back a bit more so that she could hear any movement more easily, just in case they were being followed or entrapped.

Luckily they were safe, and no one had followed. A fact that made her turn over the reasons, and the possible motives the High Command might have for allowing them to arrive here. Once inside Tuminor, she dismounted and took the horse to a grassing patch to let him eat as she removed his saddle and blanket and brushed him rigorously and cared for him. He had been a long while without proper care, through no fault of her own. But now that the time and place was there, she took care of him. He was a well trained mount and would not wander even untethered.

She went to find Brom. She looked at the massive central building, "I can feel the creator here," she said and knelt to pray and worship as soon as the feeling overtook her.

Brynn continued to travel with the group making note of the condition of weapons and armor. They were a rather rag tag group, but she could feel the sense of determination and purpose in them. That alone gave her the desire to remain with them.

She had no horse so she walked somewhere in the middle of the group, being a smith gave her more strength than a normal woman might possess, but she didn't usually spend this much time walking and her feet were making sure she knew of their displeasure. she did not complain or buckle under the stress of the journey, but like everyone else, continued to move forward.

The Druid had left and returned some days later, and she would be glad to see him return safely. The old fortress same into sight and she could have wept if she'd had the energy even for that. She watched the mage force the massive door open and nodded as a sign of her approval of his apparent power. He was going to need every bit of power he could muster to fulfill the prophesy.

Once inside she looked around for something to sit on. She didn't care what, but she needed to get off her feet for a bit. She saw the steps leading up and into the temple looking area. She was sitting there with her shoes off rubbing her sore feet when the Templar fell to her knees. Odd ones those Templars, but she didn't begrudge anyone their beliefs. She watched her even though she had no idea what the girl was doing. She slipped her feet back into her boots and stood up.

She looked at the group that had gathered a bit, "Do you suppose there are bunks or places to sleep in there?" she asked, "I think we could all use a bit of deep sleep."

"Well, well, well, looks like we're finally here." Aeron breathed out, a clear anxiety in his voice. He felt... uncomfortable. He always did, when magic was involved, but this was something else. It was as if every fiber of his being was telling him to put as much distance between Tuminor and himself as physically possible. He had an idea as to why, of course, but he knew it wasn't something he could act on. No, he had a duty and he would fulfill it.

Even if it required him being in a holy land.

"You must be ecstatic." Aeron quipped, glancing over to Hellena. All of this seemed like it'd be comforting for her, seeing as how she was an oracle. Spirituality and all that jazz. It wasn't something he really 'understood', but just from observing Alexis he knew it meant a lot for some people. And, low and behold, there she was praying. At first it was weird to him, but he eventually began to 'understand' it.

People do what they do to get by.

Slipping off of Snowball, Aeron groaned as he stretched until his back popped while the tiger just flopped to the ground. Rolling onto his side, Snowball let out a growl of discomfort and Aeron huffed.

"Oh shut up. I have not gained weight, thank you very much." He said pointedly at the tiger that almost seemed to roll its eyes in response and the legionnaire glared down at the beast, arms folded before looking over to Hellena. "Do you think I've gained weight?"
[/fieldbox]

• Love
Hellena had dismounted her horse and was trying to undo the saddle sot he poor thing could have a break as well but she could not quite reach it, or she was doing something wrong. Aeron said something about her being ecstatic and she smiled, "It is hallowed ground," she agreed, "But if I am honest what I am really glad of is to be off this horse, to eat, and to sleep...in that order exactly."

She heard Snowball fall on the ground and heard Aeron chiding him. She straightened from trying to figure out the saddle on the horse, turned to Aeron, and with a cheeky grin on her lips and a surprised tilt of her chin she asked, "Is that an invitation to inspect your bodily person?" Those green eyes were full of mischief even though she was so bone weary she could barely stand. "If so I accept..."

She stepped closer as if she were going to do just that but instead knelt next to snowball and rubbed his tummy, "Maybe he just wants a few tummy rubs," she said of the huge tiger. She had no doubt if anyone ever encountered Snowball as an enemy they would be shocked to see a blind woman scratching his belly like a common house cat, but life was sometimes full of oddities. She didn't have a lot of energy for the belly rubs and she sighed, "Sorry big guy," she said earnestly, "I am so tired...I owe you a good rub...I will repay..I promise."

Once she was kneeling on the ground though, she realized what a huge mistake that was. "I may need help getting back up," she said lifting her head and biting her lip, "My legs are in full rebellion. Would you mind?' she asked holding a hand up to Aeron, not entirely sure she would be able to stand even with help but willing to try at any rate.

Frazer was relieved of his duty once the scroll was taken, and he took the liberty to now rest. Even after the 15 minute travel time the druid was well asleep, to the point where the horse, one of the most uncomfortable resting places, felt like a lord's bed for him. Upon arrival he forced himself up for a brief moment, his heavy eyes just threatening to close and render him asleep again as he slowly pulled himself off the horse, so to look over at the others with his exhausted gaze.

"I... Will be over there." The ambassador said, pointing towards the bottom steps of the altar that would soon be his improvised bed for the time being. "Be sure to wake me before we move out." With that Frazer started towards the steps, almost walking like a zombie the whole way before curling up on a single step as if it were a very confined bunk bed. Soon the snores returned... A rather unfortunate result of a beautiful deep sleep.

While he looked at peace on the outside, there was great trouble in the ambassador's dreams. Echoes of the man's warning ran through his head, one that brought images of pain, of suffering. He could see the inside of a cell... There, at the doorway, stood a dark figure that was staring down at him, asking the question that would strike the druid's greatest fear. "How long will you endure, before you tell us about him? About the boy?" That image had faded, replaced by one that contained a burning catacombs. There was battle raging here, along with the mass execution of refugees and Dark Rose associates. Never had his organization been intended for head on combat with the High Command... What could happen if they got caught? Could Frazer keep this spy game up much longer?

• Nice Execution!
"Aye, siwmae." Aeron raised an eyebrow in response to Hellena's inquiry. Would she really be that bold? He knew the Oracle was certainly bold, that was inarguable, but even he'd be surprised if she actually took him up on his offer to feel him up. Though, when she instead chose to rub Snowball's stomach, he was a bit disappointed and maybe a little bit envious.

Just a little bit, though.

Folding his arms, he watched the two interact with a smirk on his face.

"The fact you two actually get a long surprises me." He remarked, still unused to the fact Snowball actively liked Hellena. When it came to the Legionnaire and the Tiger, though, it was somewhat of a brotherly bond in which they'd treat each other aggressively and act like they didn't like each other even if they did. Because they were both equally stupid and hardheaded.

"Good job getting stuck." Aeron laughed as he crouched down and slipped an arm beneath her legs while the other wrapped around her waist. "Don't get too excited now." He said as he lifted her up, quite surprised that she was almost weightless. Though he wouldn't remark on it - he learned a long time ago that there was just some things you don't even comment on even if it's positive.

"Alright, let's get into this Temple and see how much it sucks." He chortled as he carried Hellena past Alexis and he nudged the door open with his foot, surprised to find Amelia already inside examining an old tablet.

He didn't question it though. He learned not to question things. Things were simpler if he didn't question them.

"Well, we're here." He said as he sat Hellena down in one of the chairs before looking around, surprised by the fact the temple wasn't plagued by cobwebs and dust and other things. "Doesn't look as bad as I thought it would. I'm actually surprised." He remarked, arms folding across his chest.

• Love
Brynn watched as the druid pointed to the stairs and then proceeded to walk over to them and promptly fall asleep. She was exhausted from walking, but she didn't think she could fall asleep on the stone stairs. She was more than a little jealous of his ability to do so. She watched the legionnaire scoop up the Oracle like she was a feather and kick in the door and that was all the invitation she needed to go inside and look for a bed.

She made her way into the fortress, and like Aeron was surprised to see it so clean. "Someone has been living here..." she said aloud to no one in particular as she moved around the main room. The chairs looked comfortable enough, so she sat in one and looked at Amelia curiously, "Is that the book from the Wizard's office?" she asked, "Or it something you found here?"

Alexis rose to her feet once her prayers were offered and her soul was replenished. She saw Aeron kicking in the door to the temple and frowned. If Hellena was there, where was the horse? She saw the poor thing with its saddle still on and she went to it and relieved him of his burdens and gave him a good brush down as well. These animals had served them well and deserved no less. She moved the horse over to the green grass and left him with her own mount, knowing neither horse would move from that place. These two were trained by her, and she knew them both well. She gathered up the grooming supplies and stowed them in the saddle bags.

She was about to go inside when she noticed Frazier lying on the stone steps leading into the fortress. She shook her head and went to the other bag and pulled out a blanket which she rolled into a pillow. She went to him and lifted his head and placed the pillow beneath his head and removed her cape to cover him and then went up the stairs to investigate Tuminor.

She was awed by the holiness of the place. She could FEEL the creator's presence. She stepped inside and was greeted by the warm embrace of the protection within. She went over to Hellena and the others, "This should do nicely," she said looking around and then lifted a brow at Aeron, "Even you must agree for once." She smiled but it faded just as fast as it came. She was just as tired as everyone else, but this was not the time for rest. Not yet. "Maybe we should investigate...and make some sort of map of the place so we know where everyone is. I'm sure Brynn would like to find a forge or make one if need be." She glanced around then, "Has anyone seen Brom?"

Hellena wrapped her arms around his neck as he carried her inside, "What does Siwmae mean?" she asked curiously, "And why should Snowball and I not get along? And lastly, you cannot control my level of excitement with mere words." She said with a slight nod to accentuate the truth of them. As if in doing so, she sealed the power and acceptance of them as well. "You really should be careful though Aeron," she said softly, "I might start to think you are in earnest."

She let out a little squeak when he kicked in the door, as she hadn't been expecting anything of the kind to occur. And was a little disappointed when he set her down on a chair. Just a little though. She looked up at him, "Thank you," she said then, "I really do not know if I could have made it in my own power."

She heard Brynn's question and tipped her head, but did not speak. The fortress was showering her with sensations and images, most of them past images of activities from the battle that was long ago lost. The table she sat at was a very large ornately carved wooden table of the finest craftsmanship. The chairs were of the same wood, tall backs with emblems of once strong and powerful factions carved into them. She could see the leaders of many proud races, and factions seated there intending to make peace, and negotiate trade agreements. Instead, they were men bent over the maps sprawled out before them strategizing how best to combat the High Command, but in vain.

"Many brave men have stood over this table," she said as she looked around the room, seeing them all clearly. She heard Alexis speak then, "There is a forge, or there was once," She said lifting a hand and drawing in the air as if she could see some invisible map. "There is a large corridor off of this room. That will end. Go right until that ends and then go right again. At the end of that hallway will be a forge. Or where one once was." She blinked then and tipped her head, "OR....you can go out the way we arrived and go left and there is an outside entrance into it but I cannot tell how far it is."

She could see things yes, but distance was a hazy concept for her.

"You worry too much, Alexis- I am right behind you. I just lingered slightly longer before entering the gates because I notice a pack of what appeared to be either jaguars or mountain lions- either way they seemed rather docile when the approached me, which I believe to an effect of the Shard here as well as sweeping around the place to look at the outer walls. At least while we're fixing any issues we'll be well-protected after we refurbish the gates. The walls themselves must be at least fifty feet high and five feet thick, to be certain. Other than that, I do believe Frazer, Celebror, and some of the others went to the temple to explore- and possibly nap. Either way, the oddest things I've seen are these strange niches in the wall. They almost look as if they're meant to place my sword in. But that's a thought for another time. For now we need to sweep this place for anything useful andgive it a little spring cleaning. On another note, has anyone seen Amelia? She was looking at the walls with me last I saw her."

The mage soon sat down next to the oracle at the wooden table, dusting off some of the old books and maps that rested on it in hopes of gleaning information.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Amelia Norwyn, blue, solid, 10, Book Antiqua]

"Ze Wizard's office." Amelia said as she flipped through the pages, her gaze focused on the book. "Ze way he kept track of the slaves is quite unsettling. He managed to memorize ze name and appearance of pretty much every single slave; zis all means very little to me, admittedly. Vat I do find interesting is how he made mention of several annex's which ze high command used for secondary resources." She said as she handed the book to Brynn.

"Ze wording makes it seem as zough it is all unguarded due to it being cleverly hidden, but he wrote down ze general location of all five of them." Amelia chuckled. "Zis is somezing worth checking out. I highly doubt we'll find any truly usable resources such as food here." She sighed before shaking her head.

"Neverzeless, none of zis should concern you." She admitted. "I'd advise you get some rest; it was a long journey and you deserve some time to relax." Amelia said with a smile before turning on her heel, deciding to take her newfound information to Brom. Making her way over to the table where Brom and Hellena sat, when she came into the mage's view she gave him a slight bow before explaining about the storehouses.

"As such, I believe it'd be wise to acquire any goods zat may be zere before someone with Ze High Command does. Not only would we be taking resources from them, it'd help us settle in here." She explained her reasoning, knowing this wasn't something they should merely ignore. "I can easily go myself; we shouldn't have to use any unnecessary manpower."
[/fieldbox]

"Siwmae is an... Old expression. It's something I learned when I was younger. It doesn't have much of a meaning, but... Ah, it's difficult to explain. Long story and all that." Aeron explained with a shrug before smirking at Hellena's comment in regards to whether or not she would have been able to make it alone. "That's what I'm here for." He said with an almost smug tone as Alexis made her way over to them and he nodded in greeting.

"Jokes on you, Alexaniana." Aeron said, butchering her name as usual. "I can easily disagree." He chuckled as he leaned on the table, arms folded. He listened in on Alexis and Hellena talking about the location off a would-be forge, but he didn't pay it much attention. Instead, he found his mind wandering. Looking around, he couldn't help but notice the similarities in the idols of worship for

The Creator and the things he'd seen people used to worship The Dark God. It made him uncomfortable, many ways. He could see enough differences to tell them apart, but the fact still stood.

He was pulled from his thoughts when Brom sat down at the table and he whistled.

"Well, well, look at you. See, this is why I say swords are better than magic. Don't gotta read shit, just gotta figure out how to put the pointy end in the other person." He remarked when he saw the books Brom brought with him. "I'd die of boredom if I tried to read any of that, not going to lie."

'That and it'd probably all go over my head.' He admitted mentally, though his attention went from Brom to Amelia as the woman made her way over and began explaining what she found out.

"I'm not going." Was all Aeron said. It was final and absolute - he was far too tired, and frankly he just didn't want to. [/fieldbox]

Alexis resisted the urge to slap Aeron on the shoulder for his constant butchering of her name, partly because she had a feeling he wanted her to be upset by it, and partly because she was just that tired. There was no way she was going to let Aeron know that his little jibes bothered her in any way. She heard Hellena's words and turned to look in her direction. She recognized that faraway look. She was seeing things that none of them could. She had to believe Hellena's visions would be very clear and precise in such a holy place. If she could feel the presence of the Ancient Ones, Hellena must be actually talking to them. How odd that must be.

She listened to the directions to the forge, nodded and was about to cross the room to give Brynn the information when Brom appeared behind her with books and scrolls and sat down. She huffed at Areon's words about being bored reading the books, not surprised in the slightest. "Sometimes understanding your enemy is the thing you need in order for that pointed end to find its mark. And so you know, Brom IS learning to wield a sword as well as his magic."

"I do agree that we need to find provisions and everyone needs rest. Rest without food though will profit little. I can accompany you Amelia if you wish. I am tired but I can manage."

Hellena looked at Aeron with that unnerving stare and her expression would have that look of skepticism. "Somehow I find I doubt that...but I will not press for a more thorough answer. Not at this time at least." He said that's what he was there for and she chuckled, "Carrying me about like a rag doll is hardly what a warrior is here for, but I am grateful all the same."

She blinked to clear the visions and focused instead on the voices around her. Aeron was being his normal ornery self and refusing to be part of the foraging expedition. She could well imagine he was tired. She had a feeling taking care of her was more work than she might like to believe. They spoke of books and reading and she just sat silently knowing this was not something she could partake in, or comment with any intelligence. She let her eyes fall on the shapes before Brom, but they were only shapes. That was not a means she could employ to learn anything. Once she was in a room to rest, she would pray. That was how she obtained every bit of knowledge she possessed.

Brom mentioned something about little niches in the wall and that intrigued her. She stood slowly and moved away from the crowd at the table and went to the walls. They were cool and smooth and welcome to her fingertips. Her inner eye guided her and soon she found just such a niche. Her fingers moved over it and she was able to take its approximate measure in that way. She put both hands on the wall and tipped her head as she saw past the wall before her into another space. 'Perhaps the sword is a key?' she pondered to herself as she moved along the wall to another spot where a niche was in the wall. Again when she placed both hands on the wall she could see past into another room. This one appeared to be holding many weapons and much armor. "Forgive me for interrupting....Brom...perhaps you should use your sword on these niches...one of these hidden rooms may have food stored....this one has weapons and armor..."

She drew in a breath and rested her head against the cool stones of the wall. She needed to rest, but everyone else seemed able to continue at least to talk and plan. She had no idea where she should settle herself so that she would not be in anyone's way so she leaned against the wall and closed her eyes. They would probably think she was praying, or seeing something. Just a moment to rest...

If anyone was looking they'd see her sway and begin to look a little unsteady on her feet. If no one was looking she'd likely end up in a lump on the floor.

Brynn nodded when Amelia said it was the book from the office. She was glad it had stayed safely with them. "I am not at all surprised. The wizard was an arrogant man. You are more than likely right. He felt invulnerable in that camp and therefore no need to disguise his writings. Vile man..." she said with distaste. "And you are right. I have no business in this. I will make or hone as many weapons as necessary though, so that everyone will be well outfitted."

When Amelia left her she folded her arms on the table and laid her head on them and was almost immediately asleep. When her body needed rest, it shut down quickly much like the druid who was asleep on the stairs outside.

He put aside some of the maps he found- perhaps the most helpful one was a series of tunnels beneath the fortress that extended into the surrounding areas- perhaps an escape/transport route of some sort if they cleared it out. It certainly had its potential as a defense tactic, not to mention a means of evacuating and hiding people who were unable to fight. Handing the sheet to Aeron he spoke up, his voice full of inquiry as he was visibly somewhat trapped in thought. "Aeron, why don't you and Amelia try to find the entrance to some of these hidden tunnels? The map says there are also some chambers down there... perhaps you'll find some clues as to what happened here so long ago?"

Walking over to were Hellena was, Brom drew his sword, examining the niche in the walls before speaking up.

"Hellena, my sword doesn't fit in this niche. I think this is for one of the other Nuzan. And even then, I've no real idea if there are any hidden rooms in this place. Here, feel the grooves and inlets..." Then the mage guided the oracle's hand so that she felt the carvings in the sword and the raised bumps in the wall. There were seven total each with a different pattern of the three larger circles on the lower half of the blade, perhaps in time they would learn more about these strange niches.

The first week seemed to march on slower than grains of sand in an hourglass- but in that time, many houses and shelters were rebuilt while the fields began to be tended for seeding and harvest of some of the faster-growing foods since spring was close at hand. The ruined city- as well as the fortress and temple itself- began to spring to life as if it were a blazing a pheonix or an infant star emerging from a nebula. Brom, in this time, found himself immesurably busy. Between his lessons of the arcane with Celebror, meetings with civil leaders, sparing and training with Alexis, as well as assisting with the rebuilding of the town, the half-elf tended to stumble back into the fortress rather exhausted in the evening, although it was all in a good day's work.

In the eighth day after their arrival, as morning stuck, he soon found himself waking up in his humble bedroom, dressing himself and washing his face before grabbing his sword and moving towards the proving grounds for his morning lessons with Alexis.
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.