Status
Not open for further replies.
[fieldbox=Aeron Cross, red, solid, 10, Book Antiqua]

Aeron didn't know about everyone else, but he was pretty happy with Brom being in control. Solely because that meant he could return to putting in very little effort unless it involved stabbing things. That, and it made it easier for him to ensure Amelia kept her mouth shut. While the woman had given him her word, some that wasn't taken lightly when it came to a noble-blooded individual such as herself, Aeron was still a naturally cautious person.

Rubbing his shoulder, Aeron dismounted from Snowball, scratching behind the tiger's ear as he retrieved his share of the explosives. Placing his sword in its sheath on his back, the Legionnaire huffed when the dwarf began to rush him. Why did he have to get stuck with the dwarf? Like, out of everyone, it had to be him. He didn't have anything against dwarves, exactly, but he knew most of them tended to veer on the side of... 'stereotypes'.

"I'm hurrying - don't get your beard in a knot." Aeron muttered as he began to walk. "Let's go over this one more time, yeah? You and me - we wait until we here the sound of the main gate opening, then we blow the southern wall. A sudden 'attack' along with an Oracle showing up would be more than enough to get Osan out." He repeated Brom's instructions before pausing, his eyes narrowing as he dropped down into a crouch, suddenly level with the dwarf as he peered through the forestry.

"Oh." Aeron said dumbly, glancing over to Buras before looking back to the 9 foot tall golem standing sentry, with 4 armed infantry at its side. "Oooooooooooh." The Legionnaire repeated before he let out a low chuckle, holding his face with his free hand as his head shook.

"Why does this surprise me? Why does the biggest slave compound in Tyr having a magical golem guarding the southern wall surprise me? How the hell did they even hide this from our scout?" He inquired with muffled laughter, a smile on his face as he found the entire thing oddly amusing. "So, dwarf, how brave are you?"
[/fieldbox]

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore
[fieldbox=Amelia Norwyn, blue, solid, 10, Book Antiqua]

Spear strapped to her back, Amelia stuck close to Brom. While he may have been a mage of prophecy, she didn't know what he was capable of. What she did know, however, was that he needed to be kept alive. It was an odd thing, being a part of a 'group'. Having lived a nomadic lifestyle for the past few years, she had forgotten what it was like to actually be around the same people. But, it was refreshing. A nice change of pace.

"Ve must tread carefully." Amelia spoke in a hushed tone, though she still sounded 'chipper' as she usually did. "Until we hear ze commotion, ve must tread wiz caution." She reminded Brom, mostly to fill the air because she was growing to hate the sound of silence.

"Is zere anyzing I should know about zis 'Osan'?"
[/fieldbox]

• Love
I'm not sure how I ended up staying with these people when I was supposed to already be riding for the compound... eh, whatever, Daemon thought, sighing as he found himself with the others within their makeshift band of misfits. Daemon found it difficult to bury his annoyance in the notion that he'd have to work with someone else. It wasn't like he had any particular distaste towards the Druid, no. It was more so that Daemon was used to working alone. Stealth was easier if he was by himself; having someone else with him risked detection.

But then again that didn't matter anymore because he was obviously not going to sneak in anywhere anytime soon. From stealth to inciting riots... talk about a one-eighty. He turned to Frazer, "Hope you got a voice on you, Druid. I'm more the type to slash some throats, y'see." He said, taking yet another swig out of his flask, humming in content as the burning liquor flowed down his throat.

• Love
Frazer did as he was instructed as he guided the group to the nearest cell like he had offered to do so. From there they were able to retrieve their supplies and make the big plan. He couldn't help but chuckle at the fact that he was going to be the one arming and inspiring the prisoners. To some he was a figure for them to hate, a upper class politician that looked down on the population. Very few knew of his association with the high elder... He wouldn't be a good spy if everyone and their children knew who he actually was. Regardless, the Druid didn't pro test, his gaze following his newly appointed battle buddy that he had spoken against earlier that day. It was most certainly an 'odd pairing'

"Of course, my friend. I wouldn't have been be a good ambassador if I didn't have a good... Voice." He chuckled quietly and folded his arms. "Besides.. It isn't hard to inspire people with the temptation of true freedom." After his word of assurance he leaned forward a bit and gestured towards the drink as if silently asking if he could indulge in a sip. Being paired up five minutes ago and Frazer was already keen to start 'sharing' things...

• Love
Alexis Had been leading Hellena's horse during the whole of the trip to both the Black rose camp, where as normal, the Oracle made fast friends and seemed to charm her way into even that group's darker hearts. She rather envied the ability to be at ease with anyone and everyone, but she'd been trained not to be so trusting, and it had saved her life a time of two. Plus Hellena was blessed with an unusual amount of favor and protection from the gods. So, she just stayed near and watchful and made sure to keep up her own training and mediation time so as to remain vigilant at all times.

She held fast to the reins of both her horse and Hellena's, as Brom laid out their plans once more. She wasn't especially keen on using Hellena in this way but, Hellena was practically glowing with confidence and excitement at the prospect. Great. As if the woman wasn't already outrageously brave, to the point of reckless, now she was brimming over with enthusiasm as well.

Her mind was flicking through their plans and all the things that could possibly go awry, which to her mind were far far too many. She sent up a quick prayer to Prothos for protection and to Lyra for guidance as she gave Brom a meaningful glance. "Keep yourself safe, Brom" she said and her eyes met Amelia's as well, "All of this is for naught if you perish here."

She watched everyone split into their groups and leaned over to the Oracle, "Ready Hellena?' she asked.

Hellena had enjoyed the trip to the Black Rose camp. She had not ever met a group of people, or actually any person, aside from the acolytes of the dark god, with which she could not find some common ground or means of building a friendship or camaraderie. She would not consider it a gift, but rather an attitude of seeing every person she encountered as a special gift to her life. Some taught her about sorrow, some about hatred, some about love and respect, but everyone had something to teach whether good or bad. She chose to see as much good as she possibly could, even when there was very little to find. even the truly evil people she had encountered only made her appreciate her friends more, so even they created good in her life. It was difficult to be around Hellena with a sour disposition for any extended period of time, since she radiated optimism and joy, and did so in an infectious manner.

She had not seen the death of any member of their party, but she had seen a lot of bloodshed. Her visions were not always perfectly understandable, so she was staying silent about those details, but she knew they would ultimately succeed. She had prayed, and asked for mercies and protection, and as always she believed the creator was able to provide her request and that he was desirous of granting it to them.

When Alexis asked if she was ready her smile was calm and serene as always. "I am always ready Alexis," she said 'glancing' to each person in turn and making that uncanny eye contact with each, "Prothos guide and protect you my friends until I meet you once more."

They approached the main gate and she sat tall and confident in her saddle and smiled when the guards called out to them to halt.

"I am the Oracle of the Holy City Typry," she said with her commanding voice, "I have a message for Osan from the Mighty Gods." it was not a complete lie. She DID have a message, and she USED to be the oracle of that great city. her manner was as always one of complete and utter calm and her unseeing eyes met the guard's gazes in that eerie way she had of seeing right into your soul. Neither guard could hold her gaze and she smiled. If she hadn't been in character before then her finger would have lifted to tick off her victory, but since she was she merely grinned in that knowing way she had.

The guards stepped forward as if they would take hold of the horses and her hand raised, "Do not come closer," she instructed, "You approach hallowed ground in my presence. Inform the Wizard we await him. he will come, I assure you."

The two looked completely confused but they stopped. They needed the wizard to come to them, and he would, she had seen as much, but she could not have these two taking control of the situation. "You may inform him of our presence," she said as if she were in control, "We will await him here."

((Alexis meanwhile is over on her horse attempting not to laugh out loud at the men who are taking commands from a blind wisp of a woman as if they were puppets))

Brynn Danoff was being forced to work long hours at the forge, creating weapons for the guards of the prison. She'd been captured about six months ago and they had been attempting to use her skills as a blacksmith to their advantage. Sadly for them, she knew how to make faulty weapons that looked strong and had been doing so for her entire stay in their luxurious accommodations. No, she was NOT going to help them in any way, and had been sneaking small weapons to the elves as she could. It wasn't much, but she was trying.

Her hands were holding fast to an actual sword at the moment,. one that would stand the test of battle with strength and she planned to hone the blade of it to a point that would be able to slice a human hair in half. It was for herself. She was done slaving for these people, today she was leaving. She didn't know how, but she was, or she was going to die trying. She knew at least that a few of those damned guards would be going with her if she did die, more than a few. She was at the stone sliding the blade along it. She could see the shine and her smile widened. It was a thing of beauty. She continued to work until the blade was just as she wished it to be and then she slipped it into sheath she'd created for it. She planned to wait for dusk to make her move, when some of the guards took their meal. She was going to head for the tunnels toward the south wall and with any luck, she would find that fabled exit the elves spoke of.

"I know the plan, I have ears that work just as well as yours." he said, giving him an impatient look as he was treated like a child. Well, he felt like he was being treated like a child. It might not have been the case, but again he felt like he was being treated like a child. "We place these bags, wait for the gate to open, and make another hole. Simple, simple, simple. What are you 'oohing' about?"

Turning to see for himself, he sees the massive golem. "Dwarves are not scared of stones, magical or not." The question of bravery answered, he studies the golem with narrowed eyes. Suddenly, he shoved his bag of explosive powder into Aeron's chest before muttering "Hold these for me. I need both hands for my axe. It's not that far of a run, I can keep distract them while you put the bags in place. And by some miracle you're done with that before I'm done with them, then you can come and help. But that golem is mine, I don't think you could handle it."

With that, he got ready to break out of the treeline and run, screaming, at the guards who would no doubt be somewhat surprised to see a lone dwarf running at them as fast as his legs could carry him.

• Love
Frazer did as he was instructed as he guided the group to the nearest cell like he had offered to do so. From there they were able to retrieve their supplies and make the big plan. He couldn't help but chuckle at the fact that he was going to be the one arming and inspiring the prisoners. To some he was a figure for them to hate, a upper class politician that looked down on the population. Very few knew of his association with the high elder... He wouldn't be a good spy if everyone and their children knew who he actually was. Regardless, the Druid didn't pro test, his gaze following his newly appointed battle buddy that he had spoken against earlier that day. It was most certainly an 'odd pairing'

"Of course, my friend. I wouldn't have been be a good ambassador if I didn't have a good... Voice." He chuckled quietly and folded his arms. "Besides.. It isn't hard to inspire people with the temptation of true freedom." After his word of assurance he leaned forward a bit and gestured towards the drink as if silently asking if he could indulge in a sip. Being paired up five minutes ago and Frazer was already keen to start 'sharing' things...
"Ambassador, eh?" Daemon mused to himself, in his mind remembering how he had to deal with people of 'high power' on several other occasions. Most of them were either scrawny or bloated wusses that could barely really do anything besides whine and threaten him with their 'political power.' This piqued the shadowy Hunter's interest. He quirked a brow at how Frazer stared at his flask, and later snorted with some amusement as he passed the item to the druid, "Careful with that. Stronger than most."

"So, tell me. How does an ambassador such as yourself get mixed up in all of this heroic crap, sire?" He questioned, putting emphasis on the word as he looked around, focusing on two things at the same time. He was trying to see what made the Druid tic. It wasn't that he disliked him, per se. Daemon simply didn't trust people easily, more so with politicians.

And then came his second train of thought. They were already going through cells and not a single guard in sight. It made him feel uneasy, and as such he gripped the hilt of his dagger tightly. Daemon remained on high alert, yet was focused on the task at hand. Why? He wasn't exactly sure. Following someone else's orders wasn't something commonplace for the wayward rogue. But if 'shit hit the fan,' as he had heard one of his Hunter acquaintances say, he could rather easily make his escape.

• Love
Frazer collected the flask with a 'thank you' escaping him before he lifted up the container to take a prompt swing. He took note of the man's warning, but even then the burning sensation made the Druid cringe, or perhaps it was because of the man's emphasized word.. Regardless Frazer, the man who has lived a life where trust was scarce, understood where his newly met comrade was coming from.

"You'd have to buy me a meal if you want my story. A reasonable price for a man's history, hrm?" Frazer replied as he held the flask out to the man, seeming rather comfortable with the current circumstances. As they went down the corridor though even the Druid could feel something was off. Soon after he spoke the rogue would hear the Druid making a series of grunts and growls. By the time he looked back to Frazer a second time he'd find himself not looking at a man but a Lycan-like creature who was still holding the flask out of he hadn't taken it. "I am a... Asset to the dark rose. I hide in plain sight while gathering information and forging alliances between the families that silently oppose the order. Do not worry... I am as good as a fighter as anyone else."

• Love

Spear strapped to her back, Amelia stuck close to Brom. While he may have been a mage of prophecy, she didn't know what he was capable of. What she did know, however, was that he needed to be kept alive. It was an odd thing, being a part of a 'group'. Having lived a nomadic lifestyle for the past few years, she had forgotten what it was like to actually be around the same people. But, it was refreshing. A nice change of pace.

"Ve must tread carefully." Amelia spoke in a hushed tone, though she still sounded 'chipper' as she usually did. "Until we hear ze commotion, ve must tread wiz caution." She reminded Brom, mostly to fill the air because she was growing to hate the sound of silence.

"Is zere anyzing I should know about zis 'Osan'?"
[/fieldbox]
Unlike Amelia, the only weapon that Brom had was a dagger he had concealed in his belt. The halfling had no knowledge of how to fight, merely only how to brawl. And even then, the only magic he was truly able to perform was just a very basic telekinesis with pebbles he kept on him. But make no mistake, magic gave him just enough accuracy to land a deadly hit with unwavering accuracy. The half-elf would remove his hood, looking about as he stood ready to do as he needed to.

Hearing a noise, which could be later identified as the clanking of armor and slamming spears of the guards, Brom grabbed one of his stone, using magic to send it down the corridor and create a distraction that would lead them away from them. Grabbing Amelia's wrist, the two went into the nearest room, locking the door behind them as the mage took a look around, walking though it. He then dusted some of the items in the room, evident that very few people were allowed to access the contents of the room. Grabbing what seemed to be a staff, Brom recoiled in surprise as electric sparks temporarily burst out of the crystal atop of the white, oaken staff. He then analyzed it further, after which he looked at the contents of the room closer.

"It looks like this room is full of arcane tools and weapons... hopefully there's something we can use here."

Last edited:
  • Love

Smirking, Aeron nodded in response to Buras' declaration of Dwarven bravery.

'Gods bless your stupid soul.' Aeron thought as he waited for Buras to run ahead first before he quickly made a bee-line for the southern wall. They all seemed to be distracted by the rampaging Dwarf who seemed to have every intention of every intention of soloing the entire group of guards and the golem. 'I guess you really don't need a team for a teamfight.' Aeron concluded mentally, a few old memories making him smile as he reached the wall and he began placing the explosives.

The sound of metal clanging filled the air as he focused on making sure he didn't mess anything up. Sparing a moment to glance over his shoulder, he smirked when he saw the Dwarf was indeed putting in work. Looking back to the explosives, after he was certain they were primed, he backed away and drew his sword.

Rushing to the action, his blade cut through the back of one of the guards as he spun through them and thrust forward, he blade finding its mark as it was buried in the chest of another guard. Pulling his blade away, Aeron rolled backwards along the ground when the golem's fist smashed down and he caught sight of 4 more guards rushing to meet them.

Had they been found out? No. There weren't any alarms. They probably heard the commotion and came running.

Good.

"We'll need to end this quickly." [/fieldbox]

• Love

Amelia had been prepared to wreak havoc when the sound of armor and spears filled the air, but Brom had acted quick to diffuse the situation. While she understood why the halfling chose to avoid combat, she still needed some form of combat. All this sneaking around wasn't for her, but she'd play her part.

Still, a smirk crossed her lips as Brom found a staff and her gaze scoured the room, searching for something that truly interested her.

"You must be careful, halfling." She said as she ran her hands through a small box of gemstones. "Dragging a lady into a room can be quite scandalous." Amelia teased until she felt a cold chill on her fingers and she slowly retrieved a gemstone brimming with magical energy. Looking to her spear, she looked at all of the indents for different types of gems. It was an enchanted weapon, and the man who forged put special care into the weapon to ensure Amelia could alter it in any way by means of magic.

Placing the stone in the spear, the light embers around the blade were replaced by frost as the base of the blade, where it was connected to the handle, seemed to freeze.

Splendid.

"I do not hear any troops, perhaps ve should proceed? Ve would do well to mark zis place somehow, just so ve can send someone to recover the contents after we're done."

[/fieldbox]

• Love
An amused snort left Daemon at the suggestion, "Don't even know you that long and you're already asking me out- Oh." The man blinked dumbly several times as he witnessed Frazer in his new form. "Uh...huh." He replied, carefully taking back his flask. It wasn't like this was the first time he'd seen a Druid change. Then again he'd never seen one do it and not try to kill him seconds later.

Then something hit him, "Damn it, Fido!" He exclaimed, "Now I'll have to do all the talking. The slaves are more likely to shit themselves than fight together with us after seeing you!" He groaned in exasperation, scratching at the back of his head. Suddenly all of his senses went into red alert as he managed to pick up the sound of approaching footsteps.

He pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed, weighing his options, "Look, I'll take your word that you're 'as good a fighter as anyone else,' but, see, I'm a positively horrible motivational speaker. So, how about you do your woof woof moon call and shift back," He pulled one of his daggers out, tossed in the air, caught it, and after jerking his body around he threw it towards the other side of the corridor. It would've seemed like it was just a random throw that would've hit absolutely nothing, but somewhere along the way a guard came out from around the corner, his head meeting the edged blade of Daemon's dagger, "and I'll keep the guards off your back long enough for you to get some manpower, yeah?" Daemon took a bow and suddenly disappeared in a flash of dark light.

A mere moment later he reappeared near the guard before his body even had the chance to hit the floor. Spinning, he pulled his weapon out of the side of the guard's head and quickly proceeded to slash the throat of his enemy's partner. Watching as the two now-dead guards were mid-disappearing, he scoffed. He turned back to Frazer, "Well? Get to it." He urged in an all to nonchalant fashion as he pointed towards the cells with his dagger before disappearing around the corner.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
The sight of a screaming armored dwarf got the reaction Buras was hoping for. A look of concern and confusion crossed their faces, and before they could react he already had his axe buried in one of them. But that was the only freebie he got, because the rest of the guards shook off their confusion and the golem was starting to go into motion. And at that point it was an actual fight.

Buras fought tooth and nail, using his head as much as his axe. Butting those that his axe couldn't reach in time, jumping out of the way of the golem when it tried to crush him. It was all rather exhilarating. He even had a method to his fighting, and that was to take out the soldiers before moving onto the golem. But Aeron showed up, and his plan changed.

"Take care of the soldiers." he said quickly before hoping onto the golem's arm while it was still in the ground, and rode it up. Great, now he was on a golem, what was he supposed to do now. Well, hitting things in their head usually meant killing them, so he'd start there. Climbing further up the golem, his progress slowed whenever he had to drop slightly to avoid being squashed like a bug, he reached the shoulders. Once his feet were planted as firmly as he could get them, he raised his axe above his head and brought it down with a shout onto the golem's rather small head.

• Love
Aeron was on the move. Before Buras could even tell him to handle the soldiers, Aeron had already engaged them. At first glance, one would think this would not end well for the Legionnaire, but it soon became clear who had the true advantage. Aeron was relentless and swift - by the time his sword cleaved through one enemy, it was already buried in the next. There was a glint in his golden eyes as he cut through the guards, turning in time to catch a blade aimed at his back.

Unfazed by the stinging sensation of the metal cutting through the skin while unusually dark blood flowed down his arm. Thrusting forward, his sword found purchase in the guard's chest as he pushed forward all the way to the hilt. Stepping forward, he used the guard's body as a shield as he pressed onwards, burying his blade through another guard before stepping away. Spinning, sword at the ready, Aeron quickly struck down the last two before burying his weapon in the ground, his eyes closing as he took a moment to breath.

Surely Buras would have dealt with the golem by now.[/fieldbox]

Amelia had been prepared to wreak havoc when the sound of armor and spears filled the air, but Brom had acted quick to diffuse the situation. While she understood why the halfling chose to avoid combat, she still needed some form of combat. All this sneaking around wasn't for her, but she'd play her part.

Still, a smirk crossed her lips as Brom found a staff and her gaze scoured the room, searching for something that truly interested her.

"You must be careful, halfling." She said as she ran her hands through a small box of gemstones. "Dragging a lady into a room can be quite scandalous." Amelia teased until she felt a cold chill on her fingers and she slowly retrieved a gemstone brimming with magical energy. Looking to her spear, she looked at all of the indents for different types of gems. It was an enchanted weapon, and the man who forged put special care into the weapon to ensure Amelia could alter it in any way by means of magic.

Placing the stone in the spear, the light embers around the blade were replaced by frost as the base of the blade, where it was connected to the handle, seemed to freeze.

Splendid.

"I do not hear any troops, perhaps ve should proceed? Ve would do well to mark zis place somehow, just so ve can send someone to recover the contents after we're done."

[/fieldbox]
Brom heard what sounded like a whisper. No, not a whisper- an echo. He looked for the source, his magical awareness almost exploding as the echo turned into a hurricane upon the ocean. Reaching out, a silver ring engraved with an odd crest flew onto the mage's right ring finger, adjusting to fit the mage as Brom extended his senses as little as he could to see that someone had stored massive amounts of magic energy into the ring. The scrolls had spoken of this- storing energy in gemstones and precious metals to draw on later since using magic required drawing on the caster's physical energy. After further inspection, the half-elf soon moved, creaking open the door and beginning to go outside.

When the duo went outside, the half-elf grabbed a torch as they went down the hallway. Seeing a staircase and a door, the man looked to his companion.

"Well, up, down, or in that door. Your choice."

• Love

Amelia wasn't exactly keen on choosing their direction, but if Brom insisted...

"Ve should go up." She said, twirling her spear absentmindedly. "Anyzing of note shall be on ze higher floors." Amelia knew how noble houses worked, and the person running the compound had to have quite the ego, so it wouldn't be too far fetched to expect him to follow the rules of nobility.

"Ve should be wary, neverzeless. While most guards vill patrol zese lower floors, ze higher ve ascend, ze more chance of a... 'magical' trap." She warned before she took the lead, going up the staircase carefully, her spear at the ready.
[/fieldbox]

• Love
Brynn immediately felt the chill in the air. Someone was in the arcane weapon's hold. She looked out into the hall in both directions to see who emerged. If it was that damned Osan, he was about to feel a blade buried to the hilt in that evil heart of his. But no...who was that? she wondered.

She watched as they chose to go UP the stairs. 'Why would they do that?' she wondered. She hesitated though and watched a guard motioning to another to follow them up the stairs. She gritted her teeth and silently followed. The two guards never heard her, but they both felt the blade as she plunged it from behind through both men as they were single filed and just emerging from the stairwell. The two feel to the ground and she looked at the others and put her fingers to her lips in the universal quiet sign and pointed to the left. The only thing worth finding up here was Osan and his office. If she had help, and seeing the icy gem on the staff of the woman brought a smile to her lips, she would steal that bastard blind, or more preferably see him dead.

She started toward his office, half hoping he was there. She wanted to exact her pound of flesh physically and in person, but she was wise enough to know his magic gave him a ridiculous advantage. so, for prudence sake and these others, she hoped he was not there. She knew how to weaken him, and if he was out of that office..he would be easy for someone else to kill very soon.

• Love
Reactions: Shalashaska
[fieldbox=Amasius, green, solid, 10, Book Antiqua]
Amasius yawned, staring at the drab wood of the barrack, tossing a small, polished rock back and forth his between his hands, futilely trying to make time go by faster. It hadn't worked before, but hope sprung eternal.

After an indeterminate amount of time had passed, he finally gave up trying to distract himself and decided to get some air. The barrack felt like it was closing in on him, it always did when he spent too long sitting around.

Shuffling through the doorway, he swiped at his nose, stemming the tide before it burst through. He'd been battling with a runny nose for nearly two weeks now. Glancing up, he heard some kind of uproar coming from near the entrance of the compound, stopping mid stride, he squinted through the haze.

He was able to make out a couple of vague looking shapes.

"This looks like it's going to be trouble."
[/fieldbox]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.