Status
Not open for further replies.
Hellena was sitting atop her horse 'watching' when she heard a voice. "Oh we have company?" she asked and stopped her horse and lifting her leg over the horse's back she slid off gracefully and landed with a soft thud on the ground next to him. She moved to Brom and Alexis and though she could not 'see' anyone she could hear what they said.

"My my," she said shaking her head, "Bold for one who serves a master who will be defeated."

She heard the dismissive tone and the lack of regard for the mage of prophecy, and it amused her. The ones who serve evil were always SO confident in their 'power' and master. She was surprised to be seeing the image of Brom atop the mountain, not because of the image itself, but because she wondered at the reason for showing her specifically.

"Lady Zaynesworth..." she said with a tilt to her head and a brow raised, "This is a pathetic and predictable ploy, I would think you could come up with something a bit more creative." She sighed, "Brom will know what true power is, when he vanquishes Celebror and restores the true order once more. Bowing in fear is not a proof of power over others. having their loyalty and service willingly proves your worth and power."

She waved a dismissive hand, "You may leave us now. Your message was delivered. I do not envy you delivering the answer."

She moved to touch Brom's shoulder, "You are more powerful than you know, but SHE knows. Fear not to accept your destiny and embrace it, Prothos and Liyra are with you, and so am I."

Brynn nodded, "A pleasure...though the circumstances are not ideal. I am grateful to be getting out of this place." She listened and pushed open a door, "The courtyard is just through here," she said as she moved quickly and knowingly. Once out of the building she saw the chaos and frowned, "damn it," she said and cast her eyes around the yard. "Most magic users are ..odd...but they are handy to ahve around if they aren't serving the dark lord."

She heard Amelia call out to a druid? What an interesting group, maybe they would have need of her skills. She followed tot he druid and used her sword efficiently and effectively on any that tried to impede their progress or any that would attack them. Glancing around she could see a lot of fallen guards and wondered exactly how many they had brought with them.

She felt a ripple of magic and looked up and saw the circle of fire and cursed aloud, "That is not good..."

She looked at Amelia, "You are here to free the slaves?" she asked, "I thought you came to kill Osan....we need to get to the tunnels or this fire is going to consume everyone and everything. The largest tunnel is there," she said pointing to the east, "The elves will know that, but your people may not...how many of you are there?"

She turned quickly and thrust her sword to the hilt into a guard's stomach and hefted upward. "Stupid move Hector," she said as she watched the life ebb from his eyes. She lifted her foot and pushed him off her sword and turned back to the others. "Are we leaving?" she asked, "This seems like a good time to high tail it out of here."

Brom rode on horseback, too weak to walk as the group walked through the valleys as they made their way to the ruins of Tuminor, already a few days into their journey. Soon enough, they would appear at the ruins of the fortress, but for now their were echoes as some of the children began to sing. However, the meadows and mountains seemed to echo the song, coming alive as all who could speak the elvish language joined in the ancient hymn praising the Creator, thanking him for their freedom. Brom weakly smiled, joining in singing the first stanza of the hymn as the others continued afterwards.

"Ara tu mithrad Evanur da Ma dar lat vir!
"Ara tu mithrad Evanur da Ma dar lat vir!
"Vir las serannas revas Ma las vir!
"Ghil na andanar Ma iona evana?
"Ghil na eta haninor ta Ma sethenerenan?
"Mel hanin, nehn, mithran tu'u Evanur..."

--------------

Translated:

"I will honor to the Creator for He has been kind to us!
"I will honor to the Creator for He has been kind to us!
"We give thanks for this freedom He has given us!
"Who is greater than He amongst the gods?
"Who is more magnificent then He in all the worlds?
"All glory, laud, and honor be unto Him..."

With all that was happening it was no surprise for Frazer to concede to the motion to finally withdraw, as a matter of fact it seemed he was very much down with leaving this prison alone in the first place. Regardless, he followed his plan to the letter, guiding the slaves to the tunnels where he would remain to tend to those in need of a druid's hand. There were few he could help, and few who would have to live with new handicaps, but all would live with something that was worth the price: Freedom. He never got to see Brom get reunited with his mother, nor was he able to see to it that the oracle would be informed of his success. Everytime the others saw him they'd notice him kneeling down over some injured slave, his furry palms hovering over the victim while he chanted something in a language that wasn't common for the average city dweller. Only when the last person was tended to or given the bad news, did the exhausted ambassador finally stopped his healing practices. Shortly after, in the dark rose hideout, the druid, in his human form, walked besides a man that seemed to stick with the shadows in the catacombs they meandered about. They had been talking for some time about current events, but more importantly about Brom.

"It was heroic for the mage to bring us all these refugees.. We can see to it they stay safe as long as they remain in our carefully knit system here, but why did he do it and why did you carelessly separate yourself from him?" The unnamed man asked in a rather serene tone that did well concealing whatever true emotion that might influence his questions.

"The boy seeked revenge, but more importantly he wished for his mother's freedom." The druid stopped to glance over at the man, seeming to try and read him for a good minute before he continued walking side by side with his mysterious conversation partner.

"I see.. It will empower the people to resist once word gets out.. With your successes tying families together, and his triumphant victories, we shall see a light in the horizon once more. However.. Do try to ensure you put more effort into guiding the boy out of danger. This act of defiance will not go quietly throughout the Order. When they find out that he is answering the prophecy they will burn every village to the ground looking for him. The collateral damage will be seve-"

"I understand that." Frazer said, stopping again the moment he cut the man off. "But if the oracle speaks the truth... He will bring hope to the broken people. The order will be overwhelmed... I just have to keep Brom alive, but I can not force him a specific way." He smiled at the man, betraying his well hidden happiness for once. "We did the right thing. This is what anyone in the Black Rose would kill for. I think he will be more careful though, and if not... I made you a promise."

"... I pray for the best, Frazer. Remain with Brom, fight for him, for us. . . But he is young, he knows not of the risks he takes. It will be up to you to encourage him or stop him from doing such a reckless thing once more."

- - - - - - - -

The days of traveling were strenous, but traveling was every day business for anyone in the Dark Rose. Frazer enjoyed it truth be told, for this sort of traveling was very pleasuresome compared to zipping and winding through a tunnel underground full of tombs and skeletons. The sun was welcomed, and the wind was refreshing, giving Frazer the reserve of energy that one might have when it comes to venturing a more comfortable front. He remained infront of the horse, even offering to hold onto the reins and guide it should the mage have fallen asleep at times. While there was pleasure in this venture, the druid always looked cautious and observant, his gaze always shift everywhere.

When the ruins came into sight Frazer fixated on the approaching structure, only glancing over at the others once until their final arrival. While Brom sang, the druid made the motion to halt the group just outside the entry way, his eyes peering through the darkness that was casted over his face by the brim of his hat. "We have traveled with out incident for too long... I am starting to not like this peace... And the voices. Should we press on?"

• Love
Reactions: PoetLore
Alexis had watched as Brom pretty much ignored the threats and enticements of Lady Zaynesworth and just climbed onto the horse and rode away. She wasn't about to wait around to be pummeled by falling brimstone and fire, so she moved to Hellena and urged her up onto her mount as well, and then followed suit. They were out of the compound before the place was completely destroyed, but just barely.

Hellena wanted to take the lead for some reason, and she knew better than to brook that attitude from the Oracle. This was turning out to be the most demanding assignment she'd ever had, by far. They met up uneventfully with the others at the south end of what had formerly been the slave camp and as a group they had traveled to the Encampment of the Black Rose. She was glad for the rest there, and the help of that group with the many slave refugees that were now with them. They couldn't continue to travel with such a huge group, could they?

Brom seemed a bit out of sorts and she wasn't the best at knowing how to handle such bouts from anyone. She had been trained to eliminate emotions from her thoughts and activities as much as possible, and now it was not easy for her to identify them, or even feel them. Still she felt she should try to speak to him.

"Brom," she said as she rode up along side him, "I wonder if I might have a word with you." She was looking straight ahead but then turned to cast her eyes in his direction. "You never answered me before, but I was wondering if you would be interested in learning to use your sword...to train to use it more easily."

@AceSorcerer

Hellena Rode out of the camp and used her wight to find the others at the south end where the hole had been blown in the wall. It wasn't difficult to 'see' the thousand freed captives. Her smile was wide and ahppy at their success, even though she knew it would cause the Dark Lord to begin targeting Brom in more and more ways, with stronger and stronger minions. It was all part of the training process, and would help Brom gain the strength and confidence he needed to fulfill the prophesy.

She had not found the others from their party within that mass of people before her, but eventually they came together and were traveling as a more cohesive unit, if one could call them that. The group was unusually quiet and introspective as they traveled, and she wasn't quite sure how to handle that actually. She waited until the stopped for a rest to move to where Aeron was, "what is going on?' she asked him, "Where is the angst-riddled banter and sharp tongue I ahve grown accustomed to hearing?" She tipped her head and 'looked' at him with those unseeing, and yet all seeing eyes. "Surely you are not bothered by the appearance of Lady Zaynesworth. I do not judge you by her part in you, but by your own actions since meeting you. You ahve a destiny, apart from her whether she knows that or not. I know it is true, and you will fulfill it. Take heart ... I am never wrong." There was a sideways grin on her face as she spoke that last, "Well...almost never."

@Jageroux

Buras had gladly, and quickly, left the fortress when he saw everyone else heading towards the hole he had made after fighting a golem. And he was all to glad to see the fortress dwindle into the distance once he mysteriously climbed on his horse and booted it into motion away. But the fire rain reached further then he had though, and he muttered curses as he dodged fire ball after fire ball.

Days later, he was still on his horse, but he somehow had found his way to everyone else. His rear was sore, but he refused to walk and slow everyone down. But the grimace on his face showed how much pain he was in, it was starting to chafe after all. Luckily the ruins came into sight. "About bloody time." he shouted, losing control of the volume of his voice for those three short words.

• Love
Brynn led some of the slaves through the tunnels and out the south where the explosion had occurred. she had seen the druid stopping to help everyone he could, and she'd followed behind helping them get footing and stay with the others. She was worried about the druid, because it seemed to her he was going to fall over from exhaustion, but he kept going. She was very impressed.

She hadn't actually formally asked to join their group, rather she just tagged along where they were going, staying close to what appeared to her to be the main group. She had never actually seen the blind oracle before, but she'd heard of her. To this point though, she'd steered clear of her, not wanting a confrontation with someone who could tell her things she didn't want to hear. She made her way to the druid though, "Forgive me," she said as she approached him, "I have been meaning to say how impressed I was by your diligence in healing the captives as we all raced out of the camp. I can't recall ever seeing anything like that before..." She hesitated then, but pushed on, "Are you in charge here?" she asked, "I would like to join myself to your party if I might. Anyone who is fighting against the Dark Lord...I want to be with them."

@Furasian

Hellena Rode out of the camp and used her wight to find the others at the south end where the hole had been blown in the wall. It wasn't difficult to 'see' the thousand freed captives. Her smile was wide and ahppy at their success, even though she knew it would cause the Dark Lord to begin targeting Brom in more and more ways, with stronger and stronger minions. It was all part of the training process, and would help Brom gain the strength and confidence he needed to fulfill the prophesy.

She had not found the others from their party within that mass of people before her, but eventually they came together and were traveling as a more cohesive unit, if one could call them that. The group was unusually quiet and introspective as they traveled, and she wasn't quite sure how to handle that actually. She waited until the stopped for a rest to move to where Aeron was, "what is going on?' she asked him, "Where is the angst-riddled banter and sharp tongue I ahve grown accustomed to hearing?" She tipped her head and 'looked' at him with those unseeing, and yet all seeing eyes. "Surely you are not bothered by the appearance of Lady Zaynesworth. I do not judge you by her part in you, but by your own actions since meeting you. You ahve a destiny, apart from her whether she knows that or not. I know it is true, and you will fulfill it. Take heart ... I am never wrong." There was a sideways grin on her face as she spoke that last, "Well...almost never."

@Jageroux
[fieldbox=Aeron Cross, red, solid, 10, Book Antiqua]

Aeron remained silent and somewhat away from the group as he rode atop Snowball, his gaze glued on the rode ahead. With Shambala strapped to the tiger's side, he was mentally stuck in the past. Hands tightly gripping the reigns, he frequently found his gaze shifting between the various members of the group.

Eventually, they chose to take a rest. Aeron soon found himself sitting off to the side with Snowball, quietly feeding his companion as he quickly found himself lost in thought. Eventually, he was pulled from his self-reflection when Hellena approached and he acknowledged her with a glance over his shoulder, though he notably remained focused on the feeding of the hungry tiger.

As she finished speaking, silence was initially his only rebuttal. Huffing out a sigh, he patted Snowball's head before he turned to face Hellena, arms folding across his chest.

"You know a lot, Hellena, but there are things even you don't know. I fully understand my destiny, and it's far different from what either one of you have in mind." Aeron said, scowling slightly. "She was like you, at one point. She was an Oracle, but things happened. And she changed. And you both do the same thing - where you talk to me like you have everything figured out about everything. But you can't bank on that, Hellena." He sighed, burying his hands in his pockets.

"All I know is protecting you is my job, and that's what I'm going to do. I just have a lot on my mind right now." Aeron admitted while looking around the area. "You have any idea where our prophesied leader is taking us? With all of this singing, he's making us a Goddamn target."
[/fieldbox]

• Love
The days of traveling were strenous, but traveling was every day business for anyone in the Dark Rose. Frazer enjoyed it truth be told, for this sort of traveling was very pleasuresome compared to zipping and winding through a tunnel underground full of tombs and skeletons. The sun was welcomed, and the wind was refreshing, giving Frazer the reserve of energy that one might have when it comes to venturing a more comfortable front. He remained infront of the horse, even offering to hold onto the reins and guide it should the mage have fallen asleep at times. While there was pleasure in this venture, the druid always looked cautious and observant, his gaze always shift everywhere.

When the ruins came into sight Frazer fixated on the approaching structure, only glancing over at the others once until their final arrival. While Brom sang, the druid made the motion to halt the group just outside the entry way, his eyes peering through the darkness that was casted over his face by the brim of his hat. "We have traveled with out incident for too long... I am starting to not like this peace... And the voices. Should we press on?"

[fieldbox=Amelia Norwyn, blue, solid, 10, Book Antiqua]

"Ze ruins appear to be clear, Sir Frazer." Amelia announced as she rode back to the druid. She had volunteered to scout ahead, partly because she was wary of the ruins being a trap and also because she wasn't used to travelling in large groups. As a Warden, she was only used to travelling with, at most, 4 people.

This was just... Odd.

And mildly uncomfortable.

"Yet, ve zhould remain wary." She advised, constantly on the look out for another firestorm ever since they escaped the compound.
[/fieldbox]

• Love
The former slaves soon ended their hymn as the group halted to an end to camp for the night. When they would leave in the morning, they would arrive at the ruined fortress by noon. In this time, he looked to Alexis. He was still weak, but his strength was returning.

"Yes, I'd love too... let's start tonight, after we set up camp."

Once they halted, Brom dismounted his steed and removed his pack, pitching his tent as he prepared a simple place to sleep, laying out a soft bedroll and a small pillow. Other than that, he only kept in that place his knapsack, a lantern, and a canteen. Walking out with his blade in hand as he left his staff in his tent, he went to wash his blade as he had seen Alexis do many times before. After that he then began to mimic her stance and movements, although it was rather different since he wielded a longsword as opposed to a greatsword. His body, although built from the rigors of slavery, was not accustomed to the finesse of the sword. Although the blade spoke to him, tuned itself to him through the magic bond that developed between the pair. He soon sat next to the communal bonfire, waiting for his new instructor.

Alexis nodded, pleased he'd accepted her offer and went to help set up camp. She traveled light but she did ahve a little to spare and was helping some of the slaves to be a bit more comfortable. She had been trained to sleep without any provision, so it didn't bother her to have the ground as he bed, but these slaves had not been well treated and needed her few things far more than she did.

Normally she would not have been given to such charity, or concern even, but Hellena seemed to be rubbing off on her. She was actually speaking to people and listening to their troubles like a normal person. This was definitely NOT something she was normally prone to do, or even think to do. This kind interaction with other was a quality she had immediately noticed in Hellena, and one she'd envied and admired. She wasn't good at it, but she was trying. Perhaps practice would make the activity more palatable and easier? She was hoping that was the case, at any rat.

She made her way to the communal fire and looked for Brom. She saw him sitting with his sword in hand and approached him. "Ready to begin then?' she asked. She tipped her head and motioned for him to follow her away from the others and into a small clearing she'd found earlier. She turned and knelt on the ground, "I am not sure how you prepare for training, but I prepare with prayer and meditation." She said and with a smile she then bowed her head and held her sword by the hilt with the tip pointing toward the sky. She spent time every day communing with her patron, which she'd already been ridiculed for, because she knew the power and favor it brought to her life and to her sword.

She remained in this position for about fifteen minutes since she'd already spent her regular time that morning. She stood and then she positioned herself with her feet shoulder width apart and bent her knees. "The first thing you ahve to learn is to be one with the sword," she said, "Do not think of it as something you are holding, but rather an extension of your arm. The more you practice the less you will notice the weight of it as well." She continued to instruct and correct as they worked together for the next hour and a half. All she worked on was stance, and proper weight balance as he moved. He needed to build the muscles necessary to make the weapon weightless, but he was doing very well, much better and she was pleased.

"We better stop for tonight," she said as she lowered her own sword and sheathed it. "You will be quite sore tomorrow I fear," she said, "The more we work the less pain it will cause."

@AceSorcerer

Hellena watched the body language and knew what was coming. "OH there are many, many things I do not know Aeron," she admitted. "I am grateful for the fact. Knowing everything would be too great a burden for anyone to bear. I only know what the gods have shown me. They have never been wrong, and I do believe them."

She frowned then, not something she often did and not something she allowed many people to see. her hand started to reach out but she withdrew it before she actually touched him, and instead gave Snowball's ears a scratch. "Forgive me," she said softly, "I do not mean to sound as if I am judging you or trying to force you to do something you have no desire to do. I tell what I see. That is what I do. I am very sure you have many destinies far beyond the task before you, that the gods do not see fit to tell me of. You are not limited to my finite sight." These were not things she normally shared with anyone, mostly because people sought her out and then left. No one ever had the time or inclination to actually get to know her or see past the 'Oracle' title.

"I am sorry your mother chosen the path she did," she said as she leaned closer to Snowball. "I cannot imagine making that choice, but things do indeed happen. The dark lord would have no use for one like myself, so I will never have that choice to make. I am not exactly suited for any other life other than the one I lead. This is my only destiny. I see what the gods wish me to see and I speak their words. I have no other purpose. Be glad of your life Aeron, you have choices."

She gave Snowball and hug around his neck and then stepped away. "I believe we are traveling to the fortress Tuminor, though I believe it lies in ruins now. I have been praying that the gods will protect us, and hide our movements. This is quite a large group to keep hidden. We are also going to need means to feed them all as well. I am not entirely certain of the long term plans, but it might be wise for us all to sit down and meet over that topic before we start out again."

@Jageroux

Running a hand through his hair, Aeron sighed.

"This is a mess." He commented with a sigh, arms crossed while shaking his head. He didn't mind not being in charge, but this caravan of slaves singing some 'song' was starting to actively annoy him. "Trying to make a base out of ruins with this many people is... Illogical. Though I suspect Brom expects us to actually take care of this many people. I had originally hoped we'd be able to take control of the compound after we overthrew it, but that obviously wasn't going to be an option. Instead, we have to deal with this... Bullshit." Aeron rolled his eyes, shaking his head once more before he walked over to Snowball.

Grabbing a satchel he had tied to the tiger's harness, he quickly opened it and rifled through it. Retrieving an apple, he slung the satchel over his shoulder and sighed. Walking back over to Hellena, he took her hand before giving her the fruit.

"Eat this. I'll cook something later - whenever we make an actual camp or whatever." He said before rubbing his neck. "There's something you and I have to talk about, though. Do you have any intention of returning to the Legion? Technically, we were only supposed to find Brom and return him to the Legion. But, it's obvious he has his own... Intentions. That has very little to do with me, but making sure your safety is my business. If the Legion were to demand you return, what would you do?"
[/fieldbox]
@PoetLore

• Love
Hellena listened as he vented his frustrations and voiced many of her same concerns. She wasn't any kind of a military person, but she understood that they were traveling in far too large a group to remain unnoticed. She also knew that Brom was in need of a quest of sorts, to build his personal confidence and strengthen his own magical ability. Thus far he did not seem to be attempting to use his magic, at least not that she had noticed. Granted, she did not see everything, and in this large group she did not even really know where he was precisely, just that he was indeed still with them.

"Perhaps the temple is not completely in ruins..." she offered a bit weakly. "It is possible that part of it may be standing." He mentioned the prison camp and she made a slight face, "Your mother seemed to have other plans there, yes." she said with a tip of her head, "But I would think had she not destroyed it, that the dark lord would ahve sent more people to man it and restore it. So perhaps that is a good thing. We can hope they won't be expecting us to use a ruins as a base." They could hope at least.

He touched her hand and she physically jolted a bit, in shock but recovered quickly, "Thank you," she said and bit the apple. It was sweet and welcome. She was a bit parched and hungry but she wasn't going to mention such things when there were so many others who had not had a decent meal in a year. He asked her about the Legion and she bit her lip and level those eyes on him, "Aeron," she said and he'd recognize that she was about to say something she probably shouldn't, "I cannot believe they would demand anything of me, though they likely do expect me to return eventually. I have seen Brom defeat the dark Lord. Seen it, but I want to be there when it happens. Should they try to force me to return I would have to disobey. After this is all over...and we are free of the tyranny of the Dark Lord..." She lowered her gaze and frowned a bit, "I am not sure what will become of me, to be honest. My 'sight' would not be needed by the legion at that point."

she buried her free hand in Snowball's fur and felt the sting of tears though she fought them back and they did not fall, "What becomes of an oracle when no one needs to know what she sees?" she asked with a shrug.

@Jageroux

• Love
Reactions: Shalashaska
Frazer kept his gaze fixated on Amelia as she approached the group following her routine scouting pattern, only allowing himself to glance over at Brynn the moment he heard her opening apology. The druid didn't respond immediately, putting the time it took for the Warden to make her return to great use as he rolled over the recently presented inquiry. Once the all clear was confirmed by his colleagues however the man turned to the girl asking to join the party and gave her a very critical look over, trying to read her intentions and motives. It gave a rather intimidating response, but soon the man backed off, a quiet chuckle escaping him as he tipped his hat back to allow the sun's rays to cast over his face.

"Sorry about that. It is an impulse of mine coming from a life of lying my way through the guard." Frazer confessed with a apologetic smirk forming on his face before he turned to observe the others dispersing and making their own parties. Their current situation gravely concerned him, and both the Warden and those who stood around him still could easily read it if they caught a sight of his frown before he tipped his hat forward to block the sun's rays. "We have to find a save haven for these slaves.. We can not protect all of them, nor can we provide them the supplies necessary to feed all these mouths.." He thought aloud, only pausing for a second to quickly devise a way to digress from his unintentional comment. He found the girl asking to join the group to be a perfect way to change the subject.

"Ah! And you... What do you specialize in?"

Hands in his pockets, he stood silently as he listened to Hellena. He had never really considered what would happen to her after everything was said and done. And he couldn't lie - her concerns were legitimate. An Oracle would always be useful - any form of foresight would be extremely useful. To any and everyone, and that could easily lead to someone wanting to exploit an ability such as Hellena's.

"I said I'll protect and I'll keep my word. If The Legion demands you return, and you don't want to, then you won't." Aeron said simply, as he reached into the satchel once more. Grabbing an apple and immediately biting into it, he looked around and sighed. "As for when all of this is over... Tyr is a big place - lots of stuff to do and lots of places to explore. We can keep travelling, I hear there's some interesting things in the far north. Though, I heard some people talking about some 'paradise' to the south-west if you go far enough. It'd be fun to try and find, if you wanna come along." He spoke simply as he finished chewing the apple. Tossing the core to Snowball, he smiled when the tiger caught it in its maw and immediately swallowed the remains of the fruit before almost glaring at Aeron while the swordsman smirked in response.

"Or, if you'd prefer, I could probably get Amelia to get you set up in some noble house in one of the capital cities."
[/fieldbox]

• Love
Hellena cast a seriously confused gaze at him as he spoke. it was as if she had never seen him before and was trying to figure out who and what he was. "I have never doubted that you would keep your word Aeron," she said honestly, "You have a tendency to poke at people and your sarcastic wit eludes some people's comprehension but you always do what's best for everyone." She smiled then and shrugged, "I have heard tales of the places to the north adn the south, and people like to show me pictures of things," she chuckled and let out a 'pft' kind of sound. "I can see the paper but not what you see on it. I usually just smile and say, oh how lovely," she shook her head and scratched Snowball's neck when he caught the apple core.

She lifted her eyes back to look at him then and as she was apt to do, looked at him so long it could be unnerving, though she didn't realize it. "I cannot even imagine living in such a place," she said, "I would be afraid of breaking something or behaving in a way that was not acceptable. But...I would very much like to continue seeing new things, and being able to touch them and smell them...not just see them from afar while I am in a cold fortress alone." She fed the rest of her apple to Snowball, though it was likely about as much left as Aeron's, "If you would be so kind as to offer to allow me to come with you, I will very gladly accept that offer."

She grinned then, "I cannot offer much in return for your kindness, except a lifetime of free 'sight'..." not that she ever charged for what she saw. She was unaware that the Legion charged a fee sometimes, because she would never have the thought to do so. Unlike Aeron, the idea of someone abusing her gift had never occurred to her. "I am curious though..." she said as she ran her finers through Snowball's fur, "Why are you offering?"

Brynn saw that he was engaged in some kind of activity that had his attention, so she didn't press for a quick reply. She instead looked around and watched everything and everyone as closely as she could. She wanted to get a feel for how they all interacted together, and for people's individual strengths and weaknesses.

He would eventually turn back to her however, and just stare at her with an odd intensity. She just allowed it and did not appear uncomfortable or even shocked by it. "No need to apologize," she said, "I am a stranger. I understand caution all too well."

She held out her sword, "This is my specialty," she said as she pulled a dagger from another sheath and extended that was well. "I am a blacksmith by trade, and am able to create magically enhanced weapons as well. They were forcing me to create things for the guards when I was imprisoned, but I used weaker metals and inferior crystals, so they would break or backfire. But your mage," she said, "He has the wizard's blade. It is quite powerful in the right hands."

She looked around at the people, "This is quite a large group to traipse around Tyr," she said in agreement, "Surely you are not going to attempt it." she said as she looked back at him from the group, "Are we not traveling to a haven of some sort??"

[fieldbox=Brom & Celebror, blue, solid, 8, book antqua]
Brom's muscles tired from something as simple as the exercise as they meditated and then went through the motions of these movements. While his muscles were built and firm, he was rather unused to these sorts of actions. He got some assistance from Alexis when he lost his balance and fell over and when he made such fatal mistakes. In the end, Brom tried to be an ideal student and absorb his instructor's teachings as he calmed his heart, learning every second. Smiling when he stuck his sword back in its sash, he chuckled, walking over to the fire and grabbing a plate of venison they had hunted on their travels, handing it to Alexis to eat before grabbing his own and passing her a stein of drinking water collected from a nearby stream.

"Here- we might as well eat up. And I'll wake up with you before the dawn to meditate with you. Other than that, we should arrive at Tuminor tomorrow. If I remember correctly, the fortress and the village near it were burned, but not destroyed. Other than that it's been forbidden for anyone to go there, so I doubt there will be anyone expecting us except maybe those we've sent for."

After the swordswoman spoke, wise old Celebror came over with a stein and staff in hand before sitting down.

"Tuminor is a great place- a place of old power and legacy. And something tells me you remembered the story of Tuminor enough to choose it."

And that was when various children ran up, tugging at at his clothes beginning him to tell the story.

"Alright, alright! Listen children and all as I tell you the story of Tuminor and the Vanyalí.

"Long, long, long ago during the time of magic, mages walked through every village all across the land. Every people had mages, from the shortest dwarf to the tallest orc. There was even among the tree-folk, the ents, although it was far different than the magic used by the rest of the mortal races.

"But the problem was that there were no rules for magic, no safe way for teaching magic to others, and unlimited access to spells that could hurt the innocent. It was to this a powerful mage named Gwydion the White decided that this could no longer be allowed to happen. So Gwydion took his apprentices as well as other mages and their own apprentices and formed an order known as the 'Vanyalí,' which the word for 'magic' in a strange known as the Language of Power. No one knows where the language came from, but it is understood by every living thing.

"But in time, the mages needed a home for themselves and for their families. So, as a solution, the built the fortress of Tuminor. They used the strong black stone of the Panath Mountains to build Tuminor, placing each and every stone with a careful precision that was almost unheard of, the mages and the masons and carpenters among them built a fortress that couldn't be destroyed by magic nor the elements, a measure of safety taken by the mages.

"In the end this order stood as a beacon of hope and strength until three centuries ago, when the fortress and the surrounding village were set ablaze for rising against the High Command. Although one of its towers fell, the fortress remained and it stays to this very day. That's why Brom wishes to go there."
[/fieldbox]

• Love
Status
Not open for further replies.