1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Male
Genres
Fantasy, Scifi, Modern, Action, Adventure.
Chapter 1: A Promise Fulfilled
North-Eastern Region of Tyr
'Damaged' Map of the Region
3MHPTnL.png

[/hr]

Synopsis: A group comprised of various members of different factions band together to travel to the North-Eastern Region of Tyr where The Oracle of Lyra says 'The Last Mage' is said to be. With a general location established, the group travels by sea, the ghost ship being captained by Thalia Vermon of the Stormraiders. Being able the avoid trouble since the start of their voyage 2 days prior, the group can only hope their journey across the Land of the Wraith King to 'The Last Mage' will be as smooth.​

[/hr]

Last edited:
Aeron Zaynesworth

Staring at the damaged map, Aeron rubbed his chin as he placed a finger on the map. Based on their current location, he worked on plotting the group's course. As soon as they docked, they'd be landing in The Silent City and they'd have to move quickly to avoid the Wraiths. From there, they'd have to cross the Witchfen River and hit Tabrygg Tower. But, that's where he predicted things would get messy.

The Legion had received reports from some merchants that there was a dragon that had roosted in old Bawold, and considering its proximity to Caer Hala, there was a chance they'd encounter it. But, even then, that was under the assumption they'd be able to make it past the tower without raising any suspicions and arrive at Caer Hala, one of the few temples that hadn't been destroyed by The High Command or been erected in The Dark God's honor.

Slamming his hands on the table, Aeron sighed before rubbing his face.

This was a total pain in the ass.

Rolling up the map, Aeron huffed out a sigh before shoving the parchment in his pocket. Looking around the shoddy cabin, the Legionnaire could only wonder how he found himself on such a precarious assignment. Well, he knew how, he just didn't like it.
"Oh well." Aeron breathed out as he stepped out of the cabin, quietly shutting the door behind him as he turned down the hall and made his way up the stairs, heading back topside. Though, before he even made it back on the deck, the sun was beaming down and practically blinding him. He couldn't remember which deity was supposed to be in charge of the sun, but if they ever showed their face he'd have some choice words for them. "Sick o' this shit." He commented in annoyance as he held his hand level with his eyebrows, blocking sun from blinding him.

Looking around the deck of the ship, Aeron couldn't help but be bothered by the state of the vessel. He understood why, they opted for such a shitty shit – knowing most patrols or scavengers would dismiss it as a ghost ship just drifting along the sea, but it made him nervous. He had half-expected one strong wave to send the crew straight to Davy Jones' Locker, but Thalia had ensured them she could get them to their destination.

Making his way across the deck towards a table where a woman sat, Aeron began to speak.

"A Legionnaire, a Stormraider, a Templar, a Warden and an Elf walk into a tavern. The Legionnaire asks for mead, the Stormraider asks for rum, the Templar asks for water, the Warden asks for ale and the Elf tries to speak but is drowned out by the others. The Legionnaire criticizes the Warden, the Templar scolds the Stormraider. Amidst their arguing, they drinks from their beverages and die because they were so busy arguing among themselves to realize that the tavern was run by one of the Dark God's demons while the Elf is dragged off to be executed." Aeron spoke as he pulled a chair back and sat down beside Helena, his eyes focused on the sea as the mainlands slowly came into sight. "The point of the 'joke' is that everyone is too busy fighting, arguing and not listening to see the threat right in front of them. I can never remember where I heard it but it always makes me laugh because it's so accurate." He chuckled as he turned to face the Oracle.

"So, you hear anything new from our friends in the sky? Or have they gone back to being quiet." He inquired as he leaned back in the chair, folding his arms across his chest.

Templar 3.jpg Alexis had risen before the sun that morning and had spent her customary hour meditating and worshiping before she dressed in full armor. She held the helmet at her side in her left hand against her hip and her right hand was on the hilt of her sword. She sensed no danger but this was her normal posture and not something she easily parted from anymore. She went up top and took her exercises and had just finished when she noticed a few others were awake as well. She'd gone and sat at a table with the Oracle and had offered her some fruit and a bit of jerky that she'd brought up earlier and placed on the table.

She watched as Aeron made his way on deck and crossed over to where they were all seated. She wasn't entirely sure she trusted him, or his dedication to their cause and call, but he was in possession of the map, so she had to follow. Liking that fact was another issue entirely. His 'joke' had her brows raising and her brows furrowing a bit, "Are you implying that we lack the ability to work together without fighting?' she asked. She took her duties very seriously, and his implications didn't exactly sit well with her. she smiled though to help those words be taken a little less offensively than they might. Perhaps he did mean it as a joke, in which case his sense of humor differed greatly from her limited one. She'd be the first to admit she was a bit lacking in the humor department. She'd not actually had time for frivolity and such carefree exercises and so had never developed a taste or understand of it.

When he asked his question her eyes turned from him to the oracle. Hellena had been easy to guard so far, and hadn't been as much trouble as she'd been led to believe by the other templars who had told her tales of difficulties working with oracles who knew everything and were impossible to deal with on any level. She was curious to hear the answer to that question as well actually.

Reactions: pinkpanda8357
Thalia Vermon

The fallout from another wave sparkled briefly in the midday sun, a reflection of "captain" Thalia Vermon's chipper mood. Unlike her counterparts amongst the Stormraiders who chuckled and spat upon hearing news of this Aeron's peculiar request, the Flametongue landed herself a job- and her first ever ship to commandeer. A suicide mission, perhaps. But one filled with thrills and valor. Thalia was never one to shrug away at the face of adversity.

Although Norris may have endowed to her the worst ship she's ever seen (which may or may not have been waiting to be scuttled) and a crew of only six men, nothing could deter the new-made captain's excitement. Leaning on the rail of the quarterdeck, she observed her human cargo.

A motley bunch, they were. Aeron seemed to be the spearhead of the troupe and was currently talking a woman he called "The Oracle" who was obviously impaired of sight, yet seemed to get along perfectly fine. Curious. Accompanying them a young Templar woman. A paying Templar, but a Templar nonetheless. Thalia was keeping an eye on that one. The captain had checked up with her passengers but once the past two days. Having a shortage of deckhands made the going tougher than she would have liked. Fortunately the morning brought winds that have been blowing in their favor, giving her a moment's respite.

Last edited:
Reactions: PoetLore
_The_Oracle.jpg Hellena had lain atop the bed for hours last night trying to be sure her mind and soul were clear of impediment which left little time for actual sleep. She found she didn't actually require much sleep as a rule. She'd always assumed it to be her gift from the gods to make up for her hours spent without sleep in mediation and honor to their magnificence. unlike most blind people here eyes were not white but seemed to be entirely black, with no iris at all. It was a haunting kind of look and few people could look at her face for too long because of it.

She lipped her feet off the bed and slid tot he floor. She was blind but her 'second sight' enabled her to see after a sort. Everything appeared in varying degrees of brightness and she'd learned to interpret that as surfaces, doors, windows, and obstacles. her 'sight' from the gods also warned her of things and kept her safe as well. so she moved unhindered and unguided up to the deck. She could see the outline of the Templar, who was becoming a familiar figure in her life. They seemed to have a diverse party, and she hadn't seen any hardships thus far, so she was glad to be able to give good news. This voyage aboard the ship was to be a smooth and uneventful one and for that she was glad. The only other time she'd been aboard a ship the seas were tumultuous and she'd suffered horrible sickness the entire time.

She took a seat at the table and waited for the others to join them. She gladly accepted Alexis' offering with a nod and a quiet, "Thank you, Alexis." The others soon joined them with Aeron being the last. His joke had a tiny smile forming on her lips. She did appreciate humor, but she immediately felt Alexis' displeasure and the ire the young templar was trying to mask.That one was still trying to prove to herself and everyone else that she was worthy.

Aeron asked his question and her head bowed slightly and her lips formed a smile, "I have seen no ill fortunes Aeron," she replied. The sea voyage will be free of peril or even storms." She finished her fruit, "Beyond the sea I have seen nothing, but you will know if I do. I do not intend to keep secrets."

Reactions: pinkpanda8357
Aeron Zaynesworth

Turning his attention to Alexis when she spoke, Aeron gave her a bright smile. He wouldn't answer her question. No, that would be too simple and ruin the fun he was having. It didn't take him long to figure out that the Templar wasn't exactly the humorous type, which merely made things more amusing for him.

"Oooh, that's great." Aeron commented in response to Helena. "I mean, I've honestly been expecting this 'rinky' piece of shit those Stormraiders have the nerve to call a 'boat' to sink at a moments notice. Nice to know I can strike 'drowning like an idiot' off my list of 'Potential Ways I'm Probably Going to Die During This Trip'." He spoke with a smirk, his tone dripping with a mixture of amusement and sarcasm. Leaning to the side, he pulled the map out of his pocket and laid it on the table, finally showing it to Alexis.

She had asked to see it earlier, but he had danced around actually showing it to her. Not because it inconvenienced him, but purely because he figured it'd annoy her.

'The map was given to me, not you, shortstack. I'll show it to you when you're old enough.' The words he spoke to her popped up in his head and he couldn't help but stifle a giggle as he remembered the look Alexis gave him. Ah, that was priceless.

"Okay, so, we're here." He said as he pointed to a spot on the map, his finger moving to key locations as he spoke. "We're gonna be landing in the Silent City and we're gonna have to move quick from there. I doubt I have to tell you, but if we stick around there it's gonna become Wraith-ville and we're gonna wind up in the City of Shadows like the rest of the poor bastards. From there, we'll trek through the forest til we come to Witchfen River where we'll have to cross and sneak around a High Command stronghold. From there, it'll be a clear shot to the Sanctuary where our mystery mage should be waiting. Some reports I got from the local yokels told me there's a dragon in the area, so keep an eye out for that." Aeron spoke, doing his best to be as serious as possible, though his tone will still relaxed as usual.

"If you see any sign of shit going bad, take Helena south. While it's not present on this piece of shit map, there'll be a small village of Legionnaire sympathizers who'll take you two in and get you back to Chistone." He informed the Templar as he slid the map to her. "Above all else, we have to keep Helena safe." Why Valerius chose to send their only Oracle on the voyage, Aeron would never know.

"Hey, Red, how soon do you think it'll be til we arrive?" He called out to Thalia, as he could just barely see land in the distance. But he didn't know how to sail a ship, so he couldn't even begin to guess how soon they'd arrive.

Thalia Vermon

Thalia peered down at the group from the quarterdeck, thoroughly enjoying this rare moment in which she didn't have to look up to talk to someone. Aeron didn't appear to share love for the Templar either- that put the captains mind a bit at ease. It was nothing personal, just an innate mistrust.

"If the winds stay at our backs we could reach land late tonight," she replied after some thought. She made her way down towards the trio, standing besides Aeron and lowering her voice slightly, "Where we're headed isn't the safest. I see two paths we can take. One, we dock at night and make our way as quickly as possible to where we need to go. This will grant us a bit of a lead towards the goal, but will raise suspicion if anyone happens to see us... most places don't take kindly to ghost ships leaving passengers in the middle of the night.

The other option is to rest up a bit and dock in the morning. It'll set us back in time but we won't have as big of a target on us. However, it'll be harder to remain inconspicuous traveling during the daytime".

She recalled a particularly messy covert assignment she had done and began to absently stroke her thumbs on the hilts of the rapiers at her side.

Hellena chuckled softly at Aeron's words. he liked to be brash and humorous but she could tell he was actually worried about their safety and hearing his contingency plan was just prove of it.

"If I see your death," she said with a slight curl of her lips, "I shall be sure to inform you so that you may add it to the possibilities before the time comes."

Printed paper was one of the few things she could not see, and it did annoy her a bit. She always saw the form of the pages but not the written text upon it. So to her the map was a blank rectangle of sorts that help no specific meaning or importance. He mentioned the places they must go and her ehad tipped a bit and she stared straight ahead as her hand lifted oddly like she was tracing something she saw in the air before her face. "It would appear we should keep west upon entering the Silent City," she said as her hand fell, "The wraiths are currently bunched together to the east ..there are others there who will make our escape possible but it is costing them a great deal."

She was often saddened at the whims of fate and the provisions of the gods. She had long ago realized that one cannot change the will of the gods, but instead to be grateful for their favor.

"If we need to move quickly," she added with a shrug, "I will be in need of a mount of some sort. Unless one of you is willing to carry me."

Alexis well remembered that conversation. Short stack indeed. The man was an absolute menace and was far too careless to ahve been given such a task. She obeyed orders though and so, she followed and watched over the Oracle. She too had wondered why they had seen fit to send Hellena with them, instead of leaving her safely at the temple, but again, she followed orders.

She was shocked when Aeron produced the map and laid it on the table and it showed plainly on her face. Apparently some indeterminable amount of time had passed and made her a grown up in his eyes and she could not account for it, so she dismissed it as irrelevant. She did however study that map, because she had ever confidence that he would withdraw it sooner than she'd like. She did not like what she saw or heard in any way, but she stored the information away.

"It goes without saying that Hellena must be kept safe," she replied looking back at him, "I will do what I must to ensure that she is safe. You may rely upon that fact." She took her duties very seriously and she was determined to prove to her commanders and those who doubt her ability that she was capable and level-headed enough to perform her assigned tasks.

Hearing him call to the captain she looked past him, and saw land ahead. "To the west we shall stay then, Milady Hellena," she replied to the Oracle's 'sight' and noting or the wraith's location. She returned her gaze to Aeron, "Have we access to steeds?" she inquired, having had no such information at her disposal.

Aeron Zaynesworth

"We need to get there as quickly as possible." Aeron said in response to Thalia. "Day or night isn't gonna make this any safer or dangerous." He added with a sigh before a smile slowly crept across his face, his gaze inevitably falling on Helena.

"Thanks, Hel. Few people are lucky enough to know how they bite the dust before it happens." Aeron laughed hollowly as he stretched, barely suppressing a groan as his back popped. "I'll trust your directions on which way to go, as far as avoiding any wraiths are concerned." Standing in response to Alexis' inquiry in regards to having access to any 'steeds', he chuckled.

"I completely forgot you, haven't met... Ah, never mind. Just follow me." He said as he motioned for Alexis to follow him before he tapped Helena's shoulder. "You too. I forgot you haven't met 'him' up close before." Aeron said as he descended below deck, knowing the two women would follow him. Doing his best to ignore the creaking of the ship, the Legionnaire walked to the cargo hold.

"Hey, dumbass. Get up." He said with a sharp whistle and a low rumble emanated from the other side of the ship. "Oh, don't give me that bullshit. You've slept enough." Aeron said with narrowed eyes and the sound of shifting could be heard before a crate was knocked over and Snowball arose. It was a rare creature, to the point it'd been mystified in the southern portions of Tyr as a 'War Mount' - a creature forged by Pophis for the sole purpose of war. 'Snowball', as Aeron had named the creature, was a Sabertooth Tiger that stood as tall as a horse while its sable fur seemed to contrast with the red war paint on various spots of its body.

"Helena," He spoke when the two women eventually arrived at the cargo hold. "Alexis, this is Snowball. He's my buddy. It would have been impossible to bring several horses, so I decided it'd be best to just bring him along. You may as well go ahead and introduce yourself now because you're gonna be spending most of this trip on his back. Alexis and I get to walk." Aeron said with mock happiness, the prospect of actually having to walk such a long distance annoying him.

"Snowball won't bite. Unless you bite him. But I mean if you bite him, he'd probably be more confused than anything, honestly."

• Love
Hellena grinned at Aeron's acceptance of her offer. Strange one he was. She nodded when he said he would follow her directions to avoid that wraiths. "I had rather assumed my presence here was to help in just such a manner...it would seem unwise and more than a little impolite to ignore my warnings." She had an odd sense of humor herself, and she thought the two of them were going to be very good friends by the end of this journey.

He indicated for her to follow and she had no problem doing so. They moved below deck and deeper into the ship than she normally traveled but she followed. She heard the beast before she saw him and she had already moved to greet him, before Aeron had instructed her to do so. She sensed no danger, so she moved forward and reached up a hand to stroke the soft fur and scritch just behind his ears. "What a beautiful steed you are, Snowball," she said in a soft gentle voice. "I thank you for your willingness to carry me on this journey."

She had a fierce love for animals and all nature really but working animals, they sometimes ahd a less than wonderful existence since they were often kept from the wild, open spaces they craved. Snowball however, felt content with his purpose and she was glad of it. "We will be fast friends you and I," she said as she continued to scritch his ears and smooth her other hand over his neck. "I am sorry the two of you will be walking, but you've trained for that....have you not?" there was a sparkle in her eyes as she 'looked' at Aeron. She could tell he wasn't happy about the walk, and she knew Alexis would never even THINK the thought or let it show if she did. She wondered how well those two would get along during this trip. Two totally different ways of looking at and dealing with the world around them. It was good they were meeting, they had things to teach one another.

• Love
Reactions: Shalashaska
Alexis furrowed her brows at Aeron but she followed. They moved to the deepest part of the ship, and she heard all that creaking and was more than a little uneasy. Aeron had one thing right, this was a decrepit old barely seaworthy craft, and they had been done no favors in being provided with it. They entered the cargo hold and she was confused, they didn't ahve any cargo that she knew of, but then she heard the noises and watched the box get toppled over. her hand went to her sword but then he was calling the great creature Snowball. Snowball? Seriously? She absently wondered if the beast LIKED being called Snowball. It did not seem to be a very dignified name for a war beast.

Seeing Hellena boldly approach the beast she did so as well, "It is good he is here," she said as she stroked the other side of his neck and side. "I do not mind walking," she said just as Hellena had figured she would. "It will make us both much more effective guardians." She said this with absolutely no doubt, because she was very confident in her training and strength. When she added the favor of the gods and Hellena's presence she felt certain they would emerge from this quest in tact. Possibly not uninjured, but she believed they would all live to see the end of it.

"Since we need to move quickly," she suggested, "It might be wise to have Snowball above deck, so that when we dock we can be immediately through and out of the Silent City." She looked at Aeron for support or a snarky remark. She never knew which she would be 'gifted' with, but he was in charge like it or not.

Reactions: Shalashaska
Aeron Zaynesworth

Standing off to the side, Aeron merely watched as Hellena approached Snowball without an ounce of hesitation. He'd never be able to understand it, honestly, how the blind woman seemed to have more courage than even the most armored knights. While it amazed him, it also worried him.

"Oh, walking isn't an issue, but it's annoying nevertheless. But, like Alexis said, it'd be better for us. Some things are easier to notice on foot." He said before clapping his hands, letting out a sharp sigh. "And yeah, we're definitely going to have to move Snowball topside. As soon as we made landfall we'll be able to get a move on - good thinkin', Shortstack." Aeron smirked as he agreed with her suggestion. First instinct was to mess with her, but he knew he had to keep her on her toes. He couldn't go and become too predictable. It would kill the fun.

"I'm gonna go see if Red can speed this up, and you two can just bring him up top." He said with a wave as he made his way back topside, immediately finding Thalia as he began bothering her to make the ship go faster.

• Love
Hellena was actually completely fearless. She could 'see' what she needed to and she did not see many things that would possibly bother or worry her. She had been given a great gift in being born blind as she was, and being gifted by the gods with the 'second sight' ability. She rubbed her cheek against the big cat's face and smiled, "Snowball will be no problem," she replied to Aeron's retreating form, "Will you?" she asked the great beast.

She 'looked' at Alexis, "Shall we then?' she asked as she moved toward the door and Snowball just moved with her maintaining that physical contact as if he knew she could not see and needed him. She smiled and buried her fingers in his fur, "You are such a good protector Snowball," she commented happily, "Thank you."

She made her way back the way they had come, and even though this was the first time she had ever been to this part of the ship, she had no problem retracing her steps. It was a talent that most blind people possessed, to be able to remember foot counts. She also had the added help of the color spectrum that she could 'see' in her mind. Still, she was glad for the contact and presence of the Tiger.

Alexis narrowed her eyes and cast Aeron a very displeased expression when he called her short stack. it wasn't as if she was a dwarf or anything. She was of a perfectly respectable size, thank you very much. She did have the completely uncharacteristic urge to poke her tongue out at him, but she did not do so. The very idea that the thought was there gave her a moment's pause and concern.
She watched him leave with a mixture of anger and relief and then listened to Hellena talk to the gigantic war cat like it was a fluffy little kitten.

the Oracle's actions worried her as well. She saw the fearlessness every day, and while she admired it, she could also tell that guarding her was going to be more than a little bit difficult. She wasn't sure she could trust Aeron to be vigilant, but she was not going to pass that sort of judgment against him until she was forced to do so. She may despise him, but that had nothing to do with his capabilities as a guardian. There had to be a reason he was chosen. Had to be.

She was pulled from her silent reveries when Hellena walked out of the hold and the cat followed like a pet. She blinked a few times in disbelief, but then, nothing Hellena did surprised her anymore. The woman had a gift, the gods had touched her and everything and everyone seemed to feel it. She tipped her head and followed them up top.

She looked over the bow of the ship and sighed seeing the Silent City clearly now. It screamed of danger and death and a shiver ran down her spine at the eerie, dead look of the place. She knew better than to let the stillness deceive her, there was life of a sort there, but not their kind of life.

Long ago, there was only the Creator.

The Creator, in His infinite wisdom, saw that the universe was empty and not in balance, and as such began to create the Seven Realms. The First Realm he named "Gevoth," meaning "nexus," as from it all of the other Realms would emerge. Then He created the Second Realm and named it "Gosvern," meaning "Heaven," and from here He would govern His creation. But He found it lonely, so He crafted for Himself seven children, each a god or goddess, though they shall be spoken of later. He then created the Third Realm which He named "Ausul," which means "Hell," where those who would threaten creation would be imprisoned. The Fourth Realm would be called "Ma'at," meaning "Judgement," and in the Realm creation would be judged to see to which realm they would be sent upon death. The Fifth Realm he named "Zii," meaning "Spirit," for it was from here he would craft the souls of the first creations and where he would give creations a chance to prove themselves. The Sixth Realm was called "Lein," meaning "Cosmos," and He left it to be place wherein creation would one day grow and expand. And Lastly, the Seventh Realm, which would house all of His mortal creations, He called "Nahlaas," which simply means "Alive."

Now He named His seven children, each given Their duties. The firstborn and the eldest son was the god Prothos, God of Foresight, the Skies, the Moon, and Fires. The second child and firstborn daughter was Althea, Goddess of the Wilds and Earth. Third was another daughter, who He named Ophelia, to govern as Goddess of the Sun, the Muse, and Medicine. Fourth was his second son, Pophis, God of the Seas and the Storm, governing all therein. The Fifth born was another daughter, Milatia, the Goddess of Love, Beauty, Marriage, and Childbirth. Last to be born were the twins, the Goddess of Magic, Wisdom, and Knowledge Lyra and her brother, Crassius, the God of War, Valor, and Great Beasts.

The Creator gave His children authority in all powers allotted to them as well in some universal categories, such as making deals with mortals and coming to their aid. And it was in this time that He had His children began to craft a world filled with life.

They started by taking it slow, using up time to create the Realms and eventually focusing their time solely on Nahlaas. They began by forming the world from rock and bisecting the Realm with Lein, having the two Realms lie within one another. The first life forms they made were the microbial lifeforms, which in turn were followed by plants. From there, they created beasts and animals of the sea, land, and sky, which were shortly followed by sentient beings, namely mortals. However, monsters soon emerged as results of the First Sins, wherein some mortals allied with sealed, forbidden powers and were punished for their crimes.

Regardless, the Twins took a particular interest in the of mortals, at times competing amongst one another and Their siblings to determine the fate of certain mortals. As a result, the Twins became the utmost worshipped gods in the pantheon. And the more They were worshipped, the stronger Their influence and power became.

But, in recent years, Crassius has become hungry and seeks to spread his influence to all of mankind, corrupting himself in the process as he bargained with monsters and beings from the Third Realm to follow him, but their combined presences allowed for the god to corrupt his purpose from merely expanding His influence to subjugating the Creator, forcing his father into a seal within Zii that could only be undone by living human hands.

As such, most of the other gods began to cower in fear of the youngest brother, many of them forcing their followers into alliances with Crassius. Regardless, the other Twin as well as Prothos, Pophis, and Ophelia stood against Their siblings.
Prothos lead his siblings into a heavenly war, wishing to involve the mortals as little as possible. And while this war was mainly fought in the heavens with armies of spirits, Crassius' human followers were order to sabotage the temples and murder the followers of His enemies, ensuring Their power waned and while his power grew.

But, alas to Crassius, Prothos' power escalated as his followers channeled the blessings of the Creator from the Realms, giving Him great powers for a short amount of time as Prothos was able to cast His younger brother into the darkest and deepest levels of Ausul, chaining him with divine power while summoning a human to free the Creator before His enhanced power creased. It was then that the Creator scorned His youngest son, stripping away His aspects and dominions whilst dividing them amongst His loyal children. Ophelia was granted dominion over Great Beasts, the animals of the land coming into Her care. Pophis was given War, as many human conflicts took place upon His seas. Lastly, little Lyra was given valor, as Her meek mages showed great bravery.

And soon, when mortals had all but forsaken Crassius- now called the Dark God- a peace entered the Realms as mortals began to advance.

Knowledge and reason led mortals into an age of growth, wherein mankind constructed temples and palaces, plumbing, and many other advances. Soon enough, there was a revolution in magics as well, and human mages began to ponder the possibility of traveling to another realm. Truly, the mortals wished to see the Sixth Realm, Lein, which had been promised to them. But mankind was not yet ready, and they had erred in their magic.

The first man to travel between the realms found himself not in Gevoth nor Gosvern, but instead the errors in their calculations placed them in Ausul, in the Dark God's prison. This gave the Dark God, who gave Himself by His subjugation of the inhabitants of Ausul the domains of Darkness, Chaos, Deceit, Evil, Monsters, and Demons. With the power taken from the human mage and the power of His demonic followers, Ausul broke free from His prison by imitating the powers of the Creator. Crassius soon made for Himself a throne in Ausul, beginning to plan His return and his vengeance.

It began with alliances, as the Dark God appeared in time to most of His siblings, tricking and turning most of Them, save His Twin, Prothos, and Pophis. The next step was to rebuild his cult among humankind, sending some of his demonic vassals to spread word of his glory to the mortals, having them practice it in the shadows, away from the sight of the Creator. As such, Crassius' power grew exponentially until He made His stand against the Creator.

Crassius returned to Gosvern, standing in the white heavens as they all began to turn black from His mere presence. And while He stood in Gosvern- now called the Black Palace- He drained the Creator's might and crushed the Creator's essence, sealing the Creator within the confines of Ma'at until a human and a god, bonded together, break the seal with divine magic.

However, the three remaining gods would not stand for the actions aforementioned and began to fight, vowing to kill Crassius as He had a mortality within Himself from the Creator's punishment. A mage would be the key to defeating Crassius, one who would be capable of learning divine magics in a school of their choosing. As such, Crassius sought to eliminate and enslave all of his enemies' followers, ensuring that none of them would praise the Twin and none offspring would be born a mage after a few generations.
In this unholy and abominable war Prothos' followers proved themselves to be mighty and sagacious knights and engineers whilst Lyra's were powerful sorcerers and scholars, with the number of sorcerers decreasing each generation as Lyra's cult waned and waned. Prothos' followers, however, were barely able to recruit enough neophytes to maintain the cult's power, all the while followers of Pophis kept superiority of the seas. But alas, Prothos and Pophis soon found Themselves sealed within two of the Dark God's designs, each snared and sealed under similar conditions and forms as the Creator on Nahlaas.

As such, the Realms soon fell under the whip of Their cruel master, with all who still praised the Creator, Prothos, Pophis, and Lyra doing so in secret.

As generations passed, the mages became fewer until there was but one left: a crying, enslaved infant held in the arms of his mother. The boy's mother kept hidden under her tunic a small medallion, which was a silver coin that had a flaming laurel wreath within a heptagram, the mark attributed to the Creator's temples. The infant, who was named Brom, would have brilliant blue eyes and brown hair, as well as a hidden store of magic within him.

When the boy was old enough, he was taken from his mother, who then gave him her medallion, and was sent to receive a minute education that all slaves received. The boy was instructed in rudimentary mathematics and language as well as the "approved" history and rites of the Dark God and His free siblings. Furthermore, the boy learned some basic sciences but did not have the chance to apply them as, shortly after he learned this, he turned twelve years of age and was sent to begin his formal slave labor in building the newest of the monuments dedicated to the Dark God.

After he built a series of monuments, it was deemed necessary that Brom, openly showing more mental capability and mental than some other slaves, be sent to serve in one of the Dark God's temples, wherein he was constantly put to labors far harder than those he had been subjugated to before, beaten and whipped in flagellation and ceremony, and used as a source for blood sacrifice, during all the time his magical talent remained locked away.
But one day, it all changed.

He was part the initial period of slave torture in the eyes of law at the age of twenty-three, and his physical form was well-sculpted from years of laborious tasks while being decently fed. While he still kept the medallion, he kept the coin covered in a small sleeve sewn from animal fur in order to hide the identity of the one it honored. The only clothing Brom was permitted to wear was a simple cloth kilt and a pair of reed sandals, as well as the medallion and any items the High Priest permitted, which was brown cassock when it rained or was especially cold out. His hair, now a bit darker while his skin was a few pigments darker than the priests', went down to his neck but remained slightly about his shoulders, lest he go bald as the only other option.

Being in a temple, the slave was able to learn much, furthering his knowledge far beyond that of most slaves and learning how he could free himself from his slavery, needing only a dagger and to escape. For, in more recent days, he had been able to sneak into a section of the temple's library where usually only the high priest could enter, wherein he had been reading scrolls about ancient storm magic. It was an impressive art, and one that calling about it to the priests would give him enough time to escape. After all, mages were considered valuable and powerful prizes by the lords and high priests that the Dark God had appointed.

As such, when an unpredicted rain came to the sky, the slave called out, yelling that the villagers nearby were saying a storm mage was responsible. As such, the slave had bought himself enough time in order to grab a bunch of random scrolls, coins, and his dagger before running in the opposite direction from all of the commotion as he read and heard about a temple lying in the west. It would be there that he could earn his freedom.

And then, as fate would permit naught else, Brom ran and ran and ran for days on end, eventually losing track of all time as he eventually came across an ancient stone temple not in the Dark One's honor. The cover over his amulet had fallen off, but it mattered not at this point as he ran inside, cutting his palm and writing the word he knew best on the altar: "SANCTUARY." He was now free, but in his recklessness he had exhausted himself as he passed out, the world around him going black.

Last edited:
Aeron Zaynesworth

Two days. That's how long it had been since the group had made landfall. And while they knew they were close to their goal, the journey had obviously taken its toll. Getting through the Silent City hadn't been as difficult as most would expect, but most wouldn't have an Oracle with them. But everything after that had been quite... Hazardous, to say the least. Having encountered a group of bandits at Witchfen River, they had been caught off guard.

By the time they had reached Tabrygg Tower, Thalia had been wounded and Aeron had grown increasingly skeptical of the worth of their journey. If they didn't find this 'prophesied' mage, then the trip would be have been pointless. But, he knew they had to press on. He didn't let his skepticism show, though. If he didn't remain confident, it'd affect the others. So he kept to his quick wit and smart aleck remarks to keep the mood light, but even he was beginning to become worn out. Losing their essential equipment down to their provisions, the journey had become even more difficult than it needed to be.

"We should be closing in on Caer Hala." Aeron said as they trudged along towards the stone temple. Sparing a glance to the side, he noticed Thalia stumbling along, holding her wounded side and he sighed before looking ahead, running a hand through his hair. Continuing along the trail, Aeron's weary eyes shifting as they progressed further through the forest.

As they continued to walk, Aeron noticed the foliage seemed to be thinning out and the dirt trail was slowly being replaced some sort of gravel. Narrowing his eyes, he squinted as he saw the temple came into sight and he held a hand up, signaling everyone to stop.

"Aw, come on..." He rubbed his shoulder as he crouched down onto one knee, he watched as several demons seemed to be circling around the temple, unable to enter. They were completely white, to the point it was like their skin was paste and their fingers were talons while their eyes seemed to have been replaced by red mist and their mouths were an abyss. Looking over his shoulder, he motioned Alexis to him.

"Looks like we're in for some trouble..." He commented gruffly. "Thalia can't fight, for obvious reasons. The way I see it, they can't go in the temple. Which makes it safe. We get their attention then have Snowball take Hellena into the temple. Then, we deal with the demons." Aeron planned, already drawing his sword.

"I'll go first - you make sure Snowball gets Hellena to the temple." Aeron ordered as he rushed forward, twirling the sword in his hand as he let out a sharp whistle. In unison the demons turned towards him and snarled. Gripping the sword tight, Aeron grinned as he met one demon shoulder first, ramming it back into a few of the others. "C'mon, let's dance." He taunted them as he readied himself as they rushed him and he willingly met them. Drawing his dagger as he did so, he cut through several of the demons, becoming a whirlwind of death as he did his best to give Hellena and Snowball enough time to reach the temple.

Last edited:
  • Love
Alexis was tired as well. She was a well conditioned soldier but this trip had been arduous. She' had managed to protect Hellena during each conflict, but only just barely. The woman was far too brave, and had even attempted to fight once, when she'd seen people attacking Thalia. Still, they were mostly in tact but Thalia was looking a bit worse for wear. She was worried about Thalia and about Aeron as well, if she were honest. For all his wise cracks and seeming lack of care about their well being, she could see that he was tired, physically and mentally. She was feeling it as well, which was not good. With Thalia injured it would be up to the two of them to ensure everyone's safety.

She heard him say stop and watched him crouch down. She moved to his side and followed his line of sight and couldn't quite manage to quench the groan that well up. She listened and nodded, but she wasn't exactly prepared when he took off right at that moment, "Crazy man..." she muttered and moved quickly to grab Snowball's neck. "Hold on Hellena," she instructed, "We must move quickly."

She looked into Snowballs eyes and spoke, "Run to the temple as fast as you can carry her...I am right beside you..." Hellena seemed to believe the beast could understand people, so she was hoping at this moment that Hellena was correct. "Go now," she said urgently when she saw the demons break away from the temple doors and go after Aeron.

She stayed next to them running as fast as her legs could move. She saw Snowball heading straight for the temple and the closed doors and she was about to scream when the doors suddenly opened and the two were safely inside. Relief welled inside her, but she had a mere second for that to settle when she felt the attack at her back. She had both hands on the hilt of her sword and twirled in a well practiced movement that sliced the demon's head off completely. She let out a shout the was a combination of fatigue and fervor mixed together. She moved toward Aeron in an effort to take a few of his opponents down and hopefully enable them both to survive this.

She didn't ahve time to look for Thalia, but she dearly hoped their ally had gone inside the temple with Hellena.

Hellena was not tired as the others were, since she was riding the whole time. And she had indeed felt the need to come to Thalia's aid during the Tabrygg Tower battle. She saw things other people did not see so she just walked up to one of the men and grabbed his hair and scolded him. She'd intended to tell the man his future but Thalia took that opportunity to thrust her knife up and into the man's chest, which caused him to slump to the ground dead and almost take Hellena with him. Luckily she'd released his hair or she would ahve been on the ground as well. Alexis had not been happy with her, but she knew they risked their lives to keep her safe, and she could not just sit idly by the whole while.

She heard Alexis's instructions and bent over Snowball to hold onto his neck and allow him to run faster. She saw him running straight at the doors and her head and whispered a prayer to the Creator and Siyla and the doors opened just before they were to run into them. once inside she rubbed Snowball's neck, "You are such a brave mount, Snowball." she said as she rubbed his neck. She slid off of him then and put her hand to his ears to scratch there affectionately. "Rest now my friend," she said and moved to the man who lie unconscious on the floor.

Her hands reached out to touch his chest and she smiled feeling the rise and fall of breath, "We have come a long way to find you Brom," her voice whispered softly. She began praying to the creator and to Siyla for wisdom and favor and for Brom to regain consciousness and strength.

1 Week Ago About a week ago! ((sorry))
The room was dimly lit, the only source of light coming from a flickering candle that sat on the center of a table that had two individuals sitting on each opposite side. One remained unknown with the only thing giving him away being his voice. On the other side of the table however sat Frazer who was keen to rest his elbows on the wooden structure with his face easily visible in the light that was casted by the flame. To the public eye he was seen as nothing more than a bureaucrat, a politician that united families with methods that are still mysterious to him. Some might call him a bastard, or a toff, but those who knew his purpose called him mad.

"Are you sure about sending me of all people?" The druid asked, his eyes seeming to pierce the darkness with a questioning influence in them. "If I were to get caught.. Everything I worked for will be all for nothing. The order will finally uncover one of our few pairs of eyes and ears under their nose."

"You have managed to tie together a system with the aid of the other druids, Frazer. There is no doubt that you will be a great sacrifice in this gamble. However you are one of few who can travel anywhere with your status and not even raise the brow of the all seeing eyes that are trained on us. If this lead is true, then you and your contacts will be of great use in order to ensure the mage's safety." The unnamed man replied,with a voice that was rather serene and calculated. The explanation was enough for the druid to relax, but there was still one more question lingering around.

"What if the Oracle is wrong?"

"... We can not afford for the Oracle to be wrong. You are to set on your journey tomorrow. We shall lend more helping hands whenever we are presented with the opportunity. Keep him safe Frazer."

There was a long pause following that response, the ambassador looking rather conflicted with what he was being ordered to do. To abandon this entire spying operation for the word of the Oracle seemed rather risky, but the reward could be the real opportunity to fight the Order and win. After a conceding sigh the druid finally spoke, his right hand reaching out towards the flame.

"Tell the High Elder that it will be done. I shall die before the Dark God gets his hands on the last mage." With that the druid closed his hands around the flame, bringing darkness to the room.

----------------- -----------------
@Jageroux ((Do I take control of NPCs or is that your run there?)) @PoetLore @AceSorcerer
Present

With a variety of challenges consisting of persuading guards and even members of the Order, Fraze found himself unable to link up with the group like he had been instructed to. With great stubbornness however he was quickly able to find his own route despite it being a rather uncomfortable journey. After all the trader wagons never did do the druid well especially in his second form. In his final miles he was able to purchase a horse to ride along the dirt paths.

He first stopped at one of the last cities that stood between him and the said temple where he was to find the mage. There he came across the usual grim scene of slaves and loyalists going about their daily bases. Being one who hid under the brim of his hat Frazer did well being unseen by the common eye, giving him the opportunity to take in his surroundings with a solemn mood about him. To witness the slaves being abused the way they were would make any average man rise up to fight.. How could this be the norm for these people? Such thoughts were soon brushed aside, for neglecting the call to action was apart of the spy business. He eventually pulled himself together and pressed on, leaving the village behind and never looking back. This was it.

The rest of the trip was incident free but very tedious and time consuming on the druid. Fortunately for him he arrived to his destination at the right time. Ahead he could see the temple, however that quickly was brushed aside the moment he spotted a man now doing a rather deadly dance with the demons that were in the area. Frazer took a moment to look around, no Order to be seen. After that observation he hopped off the horse that he had used to finish his trip, his gaze peering over the scene before him to gauge whether the man was capable enough to fight off the demons or if he needed another sword at his side.

Status
Not open for further replies.