Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Acorn

Closed. Thanks for all the interest!

• [fieldbox="History, #C20, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]I've been roleplaying off and on for roughly 15 years, and writing consistently since I figured out I could make up worlds and characters to live in them. I recently left my twenties behind, but my thirties have been pretty good to me, so I can't complain much. I've taken a few creative writing courses, though my college writing tended towards objective observations. At the very least, it was useful to me to watch and write down exactly what I saw — sort of like drawing a horse would later help someone draw a unicorn.

[/fieldbox][fieldbox="Availability, #C20, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]
    • I'm on the West Coast (PST)
    • My replies come at least once a day, and I would give a warning if anything came up that would disrupt my writing. If the stars align, I'll sneak in more replies, but one is most typical.
    • I'd prefer to play on the forums or via PM.

[/fieldbox][fieldbox="RP Style, #C20, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]
    • 3rd person, past tense.
    • Advanced, bordering on Prestige. I screw up semicolons and use too many commas or not enough commas and run-on sentences are totally sometimes a thing and I'm sorry. I proofread before submitting, but I miss things. Sometimes it's stylistic choice, but if you see me messing up something continuously that's causing you to twitch, please let me know.
    • My introductions are often absurdly long, especially if I'm the one establishing the setting. I'll average 2-5 meaty paragraphs. Sometimes I'll post less, but it's usually when there's a lot of dialogue.

[/fieldbox]
  • [fieldbox="Please, #C20, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]
    • Be 18+
    • Be able and willing to communicate with me. Let me know if you need to take a break, are bored with the RP (we might be able to salvage it or start another RP), or want the story to go a different direction.
    • Be willing to take on more than one character if needed. They don't have to be a main, but being able to move around an NPC for the sake of story progression is a huge help.
    • Be an active participant in the story, both OOC & IC.

[/fieldbox]
  • [fieldbox="Characters, #C20, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]
    • I am willing to play males or females, as well as any orientation a plot requires.
    • Characters will form relationships as organically as possible. I don't mind romance and character-developing sex scenes (I'm okay with fade-to-black, too), but unless it's true to a character's personality, it won't happen. I also enjoy playing other types of relationships that don't involve the expectation of sex or romance (e.g., platonic, family, friends, coworkers, etc.).
    • Sometimes characters just ain't gonna like each other. I don't ever take what another character does personally. In fact, some of my favorite RP scenes have involved all-out brawls.
    • I have many established characters that can be altered to fit most settings. However, I love creating new characters and if you can handle them being a little over-the-top until I settle into them, I'm game to make whatever is needed.

[/fieldbox][fieldbox="Settings, #C20, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]
    • Original only
    • Supernatural (modern & historical)
    • Fantasy (modern, historical, dark, high)
    • Modern
    • Post-Apocalyptic minus zombies
    • Willing to dabble in sci-fi

[/fieldbox][fieldbox="Ideas, #C20, dashed, 10, Tahoma"]
    Transformation (Claimed)
    Werewolf x Enforcer​

In the modern city this is based in, there's a group of humans called Enforcers that do their best to keep the supernatural in check. The general populace might suspect something odd is going on, but supernaturals aren't fully out. Within the Enforcers, there's someone who has a personal vendetta against them, and they have a run-in with a werewolf that leaves them cursed, too. It might be that they have a change of heart when they're one of the afflicted, or they end up hating supernaturals even more than they did in the first place: that's up to you.

Note: I'm a fan of traditional werewolves - humans suffering from lycanthropy, a curse. They turn into half man, half wolf creatures without much control of their actions at the full moon. The curse gets passed on by bite or scratch.

Silly Selkie
    Selkie x Any​

A Selkie originally took up residence at an aquarium because the eating was good, but gets busted trying to sneak out one night.

Gotcha
    Human x Any Supernatural​

A semi-popular blogger happens upon something of the supernatural variety happening, and like almost everyone, has access to a camera. He's not a sleuth at heart, though, and gets caught recording.

Note: Ideally this one would involve a supernatural critter that wouldn't be immediately inclined to eat said human or it'll be a very short RP. D:

Fairy Ring
    Elf x Human​

That circle of mushrooms looks innocent enough, but the warning has been passed down through the generations: don't step inside it. Ignoring the good sense of their ancestors, a human enters a fairy ring and is transported to a fantastical land with all sorts of fantastical creatures, including one fantastically pissed off elf. Turns out she doesn't much care for humans that trample about in their world and now hers.

Note: I haven't really built the Elven world up and would love to collaborate.

If none of my ideas inspire you, please feel free to share your own.
    [/fieldbox]

Contact me via PM for fastest response.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: ObsidianNyx
I'll be watching your updates! I love the fact you agree that characters don't always get along. XD I love communication and world creating. <3

Reactions: Acorn
Updated with some ideas.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested in RPing with you.

Added another plot idea. Also clarified some information in the preferences tab. Yay, tabs.

I would be interested in roleplaying with you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.