11ce6hj.jpg

Luro let out a small 'ow' at Ray's kick and rubbed his shin staring at his friend for the strange action, straightening his body he scratched his cheek over what he was upset about. They had the captain again so he was sure they could find a way out, if they didn't the worst thing that could happen was they'd be imprisoned or killed, that wasn't too bad considering all they did to get up here, they'd at least have a few stories for their fellow inmates or Davy Jones.
"It's okay Ray we can just make up a new plan, if all goes wrong I'm sure our deaths will be quick and painless," Luro said patting the man on the shoulder. "Let's put our trust in the captain, she's never steered us wrong, except that one time we ended up in the wrong place because of her steering but I mean another type of steering, I don't know the exact definition but I'm sure it works here."
They had managed not to die with the captain around, right now probably wouldn't be any different.

Luro watched Runali try to think of a plan, a headache forming in his own head from how hard she seemed to be thinking. Reaching into his pocket he pulled out his leather drinking pouch since they had a moment to themselves. Hearing the captain speak he looked in her direction as he removed the top.
"Huh what did I have?" Luro said looking at Ray to see if he understood.
Watching the captain free a woman nearby he took a quick drink from his pouch holding it out to Ray and Durant in case they also wanted a drink. He was positive he heard water rushing at some point but he dug in his ear thinking he had gotten some in there from their earlier swim, he was more interested in the dispute going on not too far away, he wanted to run over and get a better look but the captain had yet to give an order so he stayed where he was, a part of him hoped it involved explosions.
"Alicia and the others are pretty good at it, if I get captured again I'd trust you guys to get me out," Luro said with a small nod.
Hearing the captain's order Luro grinned and smashed his fist against his chest with a small nod.
"Aye captain!"
Luro grabbed all the explosives off his belt making his way towards one of the walls, he stopped mid-step however catching Duran's comment, arching a brow at the man he looked back in the direction the captain had gone before shrugging his shoulders looking back at the clearly distressed man.
"Well of course, if the captain says to jump off the 23rd floor then we jump off the 23rd floor, have you never had a captain before Durant?" Luro said shaking his head with a small smile. "If you wanna stay I won't stop you but you're going to miss your best buddy Ray. If the worst happens just learn to fly, birds do it, and I know a lady who can, it's not that hard once you know the formula. If you can't learn well I did mention our deaths would be quick, nothing faster than that."

Luro walked over to the wall and dropped all his explosives near it before kneeling down and lighting the fuse on one of them, he stared at the short fuse for a moment reaching forward to move the grenade a bit closer together. His head tilting to the side he continued to mess with the grenades ignoring the quick burning fuse before taking a few steps back. He didn't realize that on the other side Arcadius was also dealing with gunpowder. He was about to ask Ray's opinion on the explosive setup only to see him run off shooting at Kino, seeing this Luro held his arms out slightly as Ray jumped into the fray.
"Is everyone going to take my fight with Kino?" Luro said. "Bannon I understand but why Ray?"

[BCOLOR=transparent]Location: Living on a Prayer (still)[/BCOLOR]

et5w5v.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dani and Saff hurriedly untangled themselves, the former grumbling some explicits in her native tongue. As they stood, out the corner of her eye, she noticed a figure cowered in a corner doing a spectacular job at remaining unseen. "That young lady, Hana. She's not too far off." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Saff had already scoped the area when they first ran in and noted where each of their party was. "The fight doesn't get past where we stand." She was met with a nod and the two once again readied their weapons to fight. The floors above began to unlock and open once more now that they weren't threatened by the rush of water, allowing more of the guards to move down to assist the overseers. [/BCOLOR]

250ruac.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]The captain hadn't been running that long, nor did she have many places she could run to, but she was already out of breath. "Gods, I'm outta shape-" Runali would have to worry about complaining later because in the corner of her good eye, she could see Kino effortlessly catching up to her without the use of her portals. "A little insulting, but that's fair." Fortunately, just as she was about to lunge forward, bullets stopped Kino in her tracks. The overseer made note to steer clear of Ray. He wasn't a threat, but he was enough to be a pest. Kino fired a warning shot at him, although the warning was more 'Dodge or Die' and then aimed the gun at Runali who was putting more distance between them.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"We've let you live long enough." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kino pulled the trigger. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The same time the captain fell, the gunshot echoed alongside one large thunderous shake that caused Kino to falter. She looked back to see Runali popping back up moments later when she realized she wasn't hit. Despite the overseer's blank expression, frustration ebbed within towards missing an easy kill. She turned to see what the cause of her vertigo was and not to her surprise, she witnessed the Warden slamming Bannon into the ground causing him to cough up blood. Underneath them a large crater formed. It wasn't deep enough to break through to the next floor, but the damage was noticeable enough.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It was when the Warden was about to stab Bannon with his own spear he noticed that the small quake was not only caused by him, but an explosion as well. One of the many cell doors was blown clean off and fell to the floor. Moments later, another explosion went off behind him. Neither caused the amount of damaged the pirates hoped for but it did cause the seastone to fracture and crack in different spots. Seeing Luro closest to the damage done was all the Warden needed to know about who and what caused the destruction of his prison. He glowered at the redhead and dropped the spear, forgetting about Bannon for the time being.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]When there was enough distance between the Warden and Bannon, both Dani and Saff rushed over to Bannon's side. "C'mon ya can't die on us. The princess will not have any of that nonsense." Saffron checked his pulse and sighed in relief to know he was still breathing. Bannon groaned and forced himself into a sitting position despite the pain. "Get him over to Hana. He needs the cover." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The ringing in his ears slowly died down, and it was clear by their looks they wanted him to stop. "I'll rest when I'm dead. And I'm not dead yet." He grabbed his spear and used it to hoist himself up, only to be stopped by Dani. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"You're men and your people need you alive. Tashigi needs you alive. As a general, wisdom does not come from suicide. Your fight was valiant, but," Dani gave a small gesture to the holes in the walls that started spewing heavy streams of water through them. "The battle has shifted. There's a new plan underway and we need everyone to be able to get out as quick as they can." She gave a challenging look but after a few stubborn seconds Bannon backed down. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I don't plan on sitting out any fight...but I will avoid any suicidal attempts." He did decide to go to Hana for a moment, needing to check and make sure she was okay. Of course, the small medic turned the tables and pulled out a small kit to treat some of his wounds as fast her fingers would allow. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Belen's assault had come to a halt when the explosions started. "Elise, I think we've got a better plan." Fighting Aidan was getting them nowhere but at a stalemate. They needed to regroup and put their heads together. They needed to get out-[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Once more, a deafening sound caused everyone to stop in their tracks. The Warden stalked towards where Luro, Ray, and Durant stood. The latter was quick to rush away from the path of destruction. He was going to remember the StarDusk as the insane pirates they were- but he hoped he'd live to actually tell tales of why no one should trust the insane group. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Still in motion, the Warden sent something similar to a shockwave punch at them. The man was a fit of angry grumbles that couldn't be heard over his own attacks. Most of the freed prisoners had gathered along the far wall where Dani, Saff, Elise, Bannon, Hana, and Arcadius were. Runali was somewhere in the middle, picking herself up off the ground with Cecilia's help. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oh man I thought you died girly."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"For a moment, I did too."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kino appeared at Aidan's side with her gun drawn. "They've rounded themselves up. We could kill them off and save the time." It probably wouldn't be up to code, or do well with paperwork, but surely the Warden wouldn't mind?" She wasn't in any authority however so she waited for Aidan's orders since the Warden was on a rampage to get rid of the arsonist. [/BCOLOR]

Last edited:
11ce6hj.jpg

Luro stared at the limited destruction and rubbed the side of his head, this stuff was pretty tough he kind of wished they brought bigger explosives, or at least more of them. He pat his body but he had thrown everything he had into that explosion, it sounded like a big one as well, most like it had come from three locations so he was surprised there was no real damage.
"Man where's Alicia when you need her, she's good at breaking stuff. Actually where is Hana she can break stuff too right?"
Luro turned around only to see Bannon in a crater in the floor and the Warden looking in his direction as he released the man. Luro blinked a few times looking behind him at the wall and then over to Durant who was already gone. Looking back at Warden it was pretty clear he was looking at him, the instincts still functioning at this point told him that dealing with this guy wasn't really a good idea. Luro however never listened to those instincts because they were boring, but he couldn't deny the air around this man reminded him of an old friend. His hand moved to his gun and he spread his feet a bit, he could feel the difference between them from where he was standing, and he couldn't keep the grin from forming on his face. The Warden was blocking the path back to his friends and seeing what he did to Bannon getting past him didn't seem like an option.
When the Warden punched from a distance he tilted his head but quickly moved out of the way feeling the force of the shockwave narrowly pass his body his eyes moving to the fracture in the wall.

He blinked a few times his mind flashing back to the crater before he moved back in front of the fracture, that guy did more damage to the floor then the bombs did, Luro thought back to the times he was thrown out of a window by a larger guy, if he thought of this guy like a bomb and that place like a window could he break it. It took him a moment but he was able to visualize the Warden as a giant bomb with hands and feet poking out, that or he was too drunk to make out shapes and his mind filled in the blanks, he wasn't sure anymore.
"That is the third time my life has flashed before my eyes today," Luro said moving his hand away from his sheathed rifle. "If this is my last stand I'm going down like a proper pirate."
Luro turned and sticking his rear out smacked it a few times at the Warden shaking it to and fro as he goaded the irritable man from a distance. Turning around he brought both hands to his head and stuck his tongue out of him as he moved his hands like a pair of floppy ears on his head, wriggling the fingers.
Luro's definition of dying like a proper pirate, do as much as possible to annoy a naval officer before your eventual demise, taught to him by a wise man who died while taunting naval officer.

Facing the Warden and his Overseers, Ray finally was able to appraise the gap in strength between them, and it was considerable. Even at his peak, he doubted he could even scratch the man, but tired and trapped as they were, Ray began to falter. This... may be it. I'm not sure we can win here. Lords, all the crap I went through just to die here? Or worse, spend the rest of my life locked in one of these Lords-forsaken cells.... Ray was on the verge of panicking when Luro, of all things, began crudely taunting the Warden.

At first, he could only stare in shock and disbelief, but he soon began chuckling, then howling in laughter. Ray doubled over, struggling to remain standing through his paroxysm of mirth. "Lords, haha, Luro you loony *snrk* lispy log!" He laughed at the nonsense of what he just said. After regaining a modicum of composure, he stood upright alongside the gunner. "Don't worry, I'll make sure this won't be your last stand, if only so you can make me laugh like that again. Now, *snrrk* what was the plan again?" Ray began laughing again.

lYQbT8O.jpg
"Like damned sheep to the damned slaughter. Actually worse than girly death," gritted Arcadius through his teeth, establishing the tactical disadvantage the pirates have found themselves in. The air was full smoke and dust, smelling acrid and sour they way gunpowder stinks, and every movement of the air or slash of a weapon would send ripples through the mixture, for a moment imprinting the movement on itself and suspending it in time. Died, actually, executed, nearly blind, stinking of ammonia harvested from shit. What an epitaph, Kadi. Great job, he thought.

"Don't know," Arcadius responded to Raymond. "Sure as hell isn't surrender. Saw how that went once. Still don't get why those poor sods let themselves get taken, just to be beheaded two days later. I don't intend to waste time like that," he answered sourly. "Got one bullet left, but no powder. The Navy blade I have is still up for some amateur appendectomy. Ideas, anyone?"

[BCOLOR=transparent]Location: Deep Sea Diving[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]
et5w5v.jpg
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
250ruac.jpg
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The first shockwave missed Luro but it hit the far wall of the cell floor causing another small shake. It was a fortune no one had lost their hearing in fights with him. Everything about his movements were forceful and matter of fact and every attack was as loud as it was damaging. Donovan clenched and unclenched his fists, his eyes never leaving Luro should he plan to counter. But that never happened. For the first time, and for the briefest of seconds, surprise colored his face as this tall redheaded man made a fool of himself, only for this act to be followed with baffled laughter. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Surprise was ebbed in the faces of Dani, Saff, and even Bannon. None of them said a word however, instead, confused and waiting to see just why Luro was trying to find the fastest route to his demise- Ray too because he was laughing and encouraging him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"This is… a Stardusk thing, no?" Dani's voice was a low whisper, not wanting too much attention drawn back this way. The uncertain question didn't receive much of an answer, instead it received a boisterous laugh from off to the side. Belen was holding her sides, cackling at just how silly Luro was and how well he was handling the situation. Here they were, at a near panic about how to escape and that redhead was doing the most ridiculous dance with death. Or at least someone that was more than willing to provide it for him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Oi, I think… I think he actually knows what he's doing…" Saffron watched as the rage endowed warden fought- well chased after Luro. The shipwright was much nimbler than she had given him credit for considering he managed not to die this long, dodging the shock wave strikes that were being thrown at him. Raising her goggles, her eyes scanned across the damage being done. A lightbulb went off in her head only for the Warden's roar of frustration to send everyone to their knees. "This isn't… This won't be good." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"As if it was good to begin with?!" One accompanying pirate yelled over the noise. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"What do you see eagle eyes?" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The nickname Belen chimed made roll her eyes. "Cracks along the prison cells are all going in the same direction. There's a few on the opposite side as well." She nodded towards Luro, gesturing that little by little, he was making his way near the elevator door still locked tight thanks to the water. "Arcadius, suppose we take a...23 story dive, what's your opinion about survival rate?" Contrary to her questioning, any slight chance they had or if they had any at all, she'd put a thumbs up and reply with, "That's good enough." Looking between Elise and Dani, she followed up with, "How's your swimming?" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Kino watched them mumble and whisper back and forth, a little annoyed that they were so confident in themselves that they believed they could sit there comfortably. The click of her gun caught their attention once more, making them go silent again. Being selectively silent most of her life, she wasn't sure how to feel about the lack of response from Aidan when she did speak. Pushing the thought to the side, she glanced back towards the Warden's fight after another small quake. 'I'm sure he's being careful about the damage done…' Even she noticed that his temper was making him more of a threat to the cells than the ingrates that broke in. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]In the next moment, Kino watched the warden's arm reel back for another punch. This time, her arm dropped to her side and she turned fully. "Sir." Kino's voice didn't carry and she wasn't sure how to stop the force of nature in front of them, instead she and the prisoners began to put distance between them and the warden. A deafening roar drowned out the rest of the sound and this time, blinded by his own temper, Donovan attacked once again. Except this time, as he reeled his arm back the pressure normally sent outwards turned into a vacuum, pulling rubble and debris into its path. This time, while the pressure was being built up, he kept his eyes on Luro, set that he would end the man where he stood.. The powerful force when unleashed created a path of destruction, tearing off the doors of cells and chunks of the dividers separating them. It wasn't clear if Luro or Ray had actually been hit, but the loud sounds of the wall crackling made everyone weary. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]~~~~~[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"So? What's the plan outta here captain?!" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Plan out? I didn't even know there was a plan in! How'm I s'pose to know?" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Their whispers faltered when the chaos of it all suddenly halted. Before rubble and smoke could clear, water began rapidly filling the floor out of a newly formed hole where the elevator doors once were. "Nevermind. That's definitely the plan and we need to get going!" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]~~~~[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Hana had been frozen with fear for the most of this expedition so she kept quiet and followed the rest of the pack. However, there was a small squeak of fear when she was suddenly hoisted up and pulled to Bannon's shoulders. "You're going to have to hold on tight and hold your breath!" Bannon was worse for wear but that didn't stop him from taking initiative and leading the group forward. It didn't take long for the water to reach ankle level, so they needed to hurry before they either drowned or missed the only opportunity they were going to be given. Dani, after acknowledging Saff's gaze followed behind Bannon to keep up with him should he falter. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I'm not really a fan of the water." Belen took Arcadius' hand. "I hope you and your crew are as good at swimming as you are navigating." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Runali stayed back a little longer, waiting for Luro and Ray to appear out of the destruction. Once she was absolutely sure they were okay and escaping, then she'd follow suit and quite literally jump into a man made waterfall/drain. Kino started to chase after them, but they were already too far into the water. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It took a moment for Donovan's temper to clear enough for him to realize his mistake. Before he could once again fall into disbelieving outrage, he fell back as the rose high enough to reach his hips. He managed to grab Kino by her arm before she slipped under the water as well. [/BCOLOR]

"23 stories worth of fall landing on the cliffs or in the water raging against those cliffs?" Arcadius shouted back his answer over the general mayhem going all around them, dodging a a brick-sized stone fragment that chipped away from the wall during another volley of attacks sent by the Warden. The fragment struck where the Navigator was sitting two seconds ago and cracked the floor flagstone in two. "My educated and erudite opinion is 'you don't want to know the odds'. Best to die with light heart!"

When the combat reached its crescendo and the Warden unleashed his coup-de-grace attack, it came in odd silence. The sudden pressure difference made everyone's ears go 'pop' by the shockwave riding in front of the destructive force. Arcadius felt strangely detached from his corporeal form as he watched the quiet blast tear out stones from walls and floors, rip out cell doors from their hinges, and finish what he started on the water bulkhead. The water, rushing in through the tear, grabbing rubble and bodies along the way like they weighted nothing, made Kadi snap back to reality. Were he to succeed earlier, he'd be caught by the worst of the liquid meatgrinder riding the front wave. "Oh. Darn."

On the more positive side of things, the outer wall finally gave in, sun shining and wind blowing through the broken masonwork. The way twenty three floors worth of fall looked made his stomach churn, but it was just very probable death, while, looking back at the Warden, Aidan and Kino, behind was absolutely certain one. "Well, Belen," he said, looking up at her and grinning. "What can I say. Have I ever steered you wrong?" he asked, before pulling her for a quick kiss, and a long, long fall.

[BCOLOR=transparent]
2f0ey3p.jpg

Aidan looked at Kino curiously, shocked that she said anything now of all times.
[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"We can kill any who do not surrender, that is in accordance with the rules & law"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Aidan began to march forwards towards some of the new arriving surviving pirates, of all times for them to convene, they couldn't have possibly have chosen a worse time with the arrival of the Warden to forestall any hope they had of escape. All according to the plan. [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent][/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]A few pirates rushed Aidan, but with every attack that they tried to slam into him, he deflected & threw them off two fold, striking some with his blades as he tried to wade his way through the crowd to the wall. He closed his eyes as he used only his senses to counter every target that came in range but there were still so many after they somehow managed to break out..[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]How could they have possibly done that… I wonder….[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]He stiffen the thoughts to himself as he focused on subduing the pirates. He could feel Kino's presence by his side as they continued to fend them off, with portals flashing all around as the sound of a massive revolver echoing periodically but it nowhere shocked the hallway as much as when Donovan went in for his strikes, the entire floor shuddering & overwhelming the senses of everyone here. Aidan couldn't help but just… stop… it felt like the entire universe was blinded to him every time the Warden struck. However, he noticed the mistake begin as fissures began to erupt across the wall.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]No… Aidan was already too late as he attempted to rush forward & stop that stupid pirate but before he could fully make it there it was too late as the area erupted in a massive flash of noise & light. Before he knew it he could feel the force of water slam down on top of him, he tried to turn & wade back towards the others but the only ones still standing were Kino & Donovon. Like himself they were both devil fruit eaters.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The warden was barely able to keep himself & Kino from getting swept. Aidan was shoved back as more water began to pour through the gap. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dammit… he grabbed with all his might onto the shattered wall but several tons of water were shoving past him & with one anger-filled glare towards the pirates he was swept away.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Suppose this is it then…[/BCOLOR]

Raymond's mirth changed to a hopeful smile when he saw the elevator doors blasted free by the Warden's careless attack. As he ran through the smoke, he paused for a moment before looking into the shaft. His hope turned to hesitation, then anxiousness as he beheld the seawater.

"You want us to swim? Uh... that may not be the best plan for everyone." Ray nervously tugged at his collar. "Luro, could you do me a favor and make sure I don't drown? I'll owe you a drink." Ray was fairly certain he had managed to use the magic words to get Luro to do most anything, but it had been two years, and he wasn't sure.

11ce6hj.jpg
Luro's dancing was only halted by the loud roar from the Warden causing Luro to close one of his eyes being a little closer to the man, he dug in his ear afterwards sticking his tongue out a bit as he tried to get rid of the ringing. It felt like he had been standing next to a cannon when it went off, directly next to it. Luro still moved out of the way of the man's attack however as he knew if he got hit by one of those things, fun as it would be to fly the landing would probably hurt. He could feel the force of the man's attacks as he moved a small smile on his face as he watched the Warden's movements. When the man brought his arm back the world seeming to shift at his power a toothy grin found it's way on Luro's face and he held his arms out seeing the man lowering his stance. He wasn't sure what he was doing but he really wanted to see what he was going to throw at him now. The moment it came Luro's eyebrows arched as everything around the shock wave he unleashed seem to shatter, he brought a hand to his chin wondering if that was a sign to move.
Thankfully his body reacted before his brain could finish the thought, though he caught the tail end of it the force blowing him back into a wall. He closed his hands into fists as he slid down the wall falling to one knee as he coughed a bit.

Raising his head he noticed the waterfall that had formed and the water that flooded into the room, he chuckled a little before throwing both his arms in the air seeing the hole in the wall.
"Best plan ever! Good job captain!" Luro exclaimed.
He wasted no time making his way to the hole seeing everyone was already making their way there, seeing Aidan holding on he grinned at the man and waved at him.
"Hi Aidan!" he yelled towards him.
The man fell however with an angry expression causing Luro to blink a few times, he looked really mad for some strange reason.
His attention was pulled away from the hole however as Ray spoke to him, he arched his brows as Ray brought up drinks and grinning he put his arm around his comrade's shoulders grinning at him.
"I'd never let you drown Ray! If you're going to give me a drink not to do so it's even more reason. So you should start drowning so I can save you. See you down there!"
Luro pushed Ray towards the hole before turning and waving to the Warden and Kino.
"Bye! I'll miss you guys!" Luro yelled before turning and leaping out of the hole.
Luro had been through a few adventures in his time alone, granted the latter part of it was being stuck on an island but being with StarDusk again he was reminded just how much was missing from the world travelling mostly alone. Not once in any of his adventures did he break into a prison just to free fall out of it into the water below, that's something that could only happen with StarDusk.
"Hahahaha! I love you guys! First rounds on me in Davy Jones Locker!"

[BCOLOR=transparent]Location: Hopefully Not Drowning [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Outside Kane'Artem → Onboard a Yula Fei Ship [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Time of Day: Late Evening[/BCOLOR]

250ruac.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]At this point, the water was almost as tall as Runali. She may have been shorter than most of her crew, but she still reached average height and knew that she was running out of time before either she drowned or the water passed their floor. She reached over to her left wrist, making sure the cloth was still wrapped tight around it. It was the only piece of her flag she managed to save. It reminded her that she was in fact still a captain, and as a captain, she refused to budge until she was absolutely sure that her entire crew was out of the prison- including the extra pirates that she didn't know. Her hold was firm on a cell door that refused to be swayed. The currents were trying to push her out with the rest, but she stayed. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]She stayed long enough to see both Luro and Ray appear from rubble and water. It was getting a little more difficult to speak as water splashed this way and that, so she waved them down to hurry out the prison. Runali slowly walked after them, trying to keep her balance so she would be prepared to jump out of a building instead of fall out one. She was going to give one last smug look to the three that ran Kane'Artem, but when she turned, there were only two and those two were having a hard time on their own. "Wh-" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It wasn't hard to spot the figure floating rapidly into the waterfall's current. The captain didn't even have to guess who it was. Unfortunately, there was no time to "weigh options", so without hesitation she dived under the water and grabbed Aidan by the collar of his overcoat. It wouldn't do much to help him, but as they began to fall dangerously down the man made waterfall, Runali at least knew that she wasn't going to lose the guy anytime soon.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]During the fall, she wasn't sure if she was disillusioned, but she was almost sure she could hear a child's scream of absolute terror. There were a few times she and Aidan had surfaced above the water and the second time she was almost sure she witnessed someone's dive not make it into the ocean. Either way, the scenarios weren't enough to phase her from the focus of descent. Adrenaline and the sheer knowledge of not being chained to a wall was keeping her from panicking about the fall. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]When they hit water, it felt like a punch to the gut. It was a pain she wasn't ready for that caused her to inhale underwater- only for her to have to scramble and resurface. While Runali was having her coughing fit, she mentally cursed when she realized she had let Aidan go in the process- so once more she went after him. [/BCOLOR]

et5w5v.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]
2e3puac.jpg
[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Saff pushed hair from in front of her goggles and scanned the area. Pirates bobbed and poked their heads from above the water, some in groups, others in pairs. All of them began to gather in one large group though. "Great! It looks like most of us are here- a good majority. I didn't get a good count." She swam around, looking for signs that their ships were close by. Instead, she saw Bannon swimming up to her with Hana clinging onto him like a wet cat. "How're you holding up?" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]The large man put a thumbs up before stopping and with fingers in the corners of his mouth, he whistled. There was very little around them so the loud sound managed to carry a good distance. If the Yula Fei ships didn't hear that cue, then the large waterfall should have been a well enough cue on its own. "Hana, I understand you're a bit shaken up, but you're gonna end up choking me if you don't loosen that grip." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"S-Sorry." Hana's voice was soft and shaky. Swallowing some of her fear, she hoisted herself up on Bannon's shoulders to get a count of everyone, mainly searching for ones that weren't capable of swimming on their own or needed any help. [/BCOLOR]

2my43ya.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]
155oppz.jpg
[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]
2n9j1xc.jpg
[/BCOLOR]​

[BCOLOR=transparent]Dani gasped for air and looked down at the smaller thief in her arms. "Are you alright?" Cecilia could only stare and nod. When they were falling, Cecilia wasn't sure how it happened but she got the air knocked out of her before she hit the water and when she did, she was sure she was done for. She was sure, up until an angel had saved her. "Hm. Good." Dani carried on, swimming to the rest of the group.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Not too far off, Elise, a little less poised than she had been, turned in circles, a little amazed that they survived. "...I can't believe that worked…" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Aye! Sometimes us pirates know what we're doing." This was not one of those times.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Not expecting anyone to respond, she uncharacteristically jumped, only to clear her throat and nod. "Yes, well…" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Belen grinned and gestured for her to go forward. "See Kadi? And you had doubts we weren't going to make it." She spotted Luro pulling Ray along and added, "We even had plans for the powered people! Though, I suppose you had enough faith to jump out a building." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I'm more surprised Ray trusted Luro to save him." A pirate commented, swimming past them. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]As everyone gathered, Yula Fei ships began to come into view.Coming in closer were five rescue boats hurriedly paddling to collect people. "We'll take you to the doctor as quick as possible." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Hurry, hurry!" [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Good to see this insane plan worked." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Yula Fei soldiers helped everyone into boats. Tired, Runali didn't pay much attention to someone easily hoisting her out the water and putting her in one of the boats, with Aidan in tow. A few pirates looked horrified, whereas Belen looked a lot more disgusted. "You brought him with you!? Why? Are you using him as a hostage!? Is he dead?! Wait, you wouldn't need him then… Could be a sacrifice to the collectors of the dead. Perhaps a threat to the navy to get your names out there real quick. Hey you guys might even rival 'The Court' for their spot in the Worst Gen ranks with a stunt like this!" Her gaze became a lot more curious and excited as she questioned Runali from the opposite boat. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"He's definitely still alive." A Yula Fei soldier checked Aidan over without really making contact. "A little worse for wear, but he's in tact."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]To Belen's dismay, Runali shook her head. The one eyed pirate was watching as the Yula Fei ships quickly approached for them to be transported again. "Eh. He fell in with the rest of us." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yeah, and?!" This time the response was from another pirate. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Even she briefly contemplated the question. Runali wasn't too sure why she thought it was a good idea to save one of the very people who kept her imprisoned, but she could only shrug. "I asked him to be apart of my crew a few...months ago." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Most of them could only stare in complete disbelief, but it was short lived due to everyone focusing on getting on the ship at this point.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]There was a lot of hustle and bustle on the deck as they all jumped on, but the most noticeable was the frantic question of:[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Where was Alicia Tashigi?![/BCOLOR]

jj37lg.jpg

No sooner had the question been thought by the tired minds of the crew, before a loud explosion erupted from three thirds of the way up the stone tower of Kane'Artem, like a violent volcanic beast throwing its final tantrum amidst the chaos brought by the fleeing pirates. Those with an adept perception aboard the ship would notice a few details that followed, one was that bodies fell from the tower among the chunk of debris, the other was the distinctive silver hair and black sword that fell beside them.

~~~~~ Thirty five minutes before the explosion ~~~~​

A flurry of flashing arcs made the only physical sign of her blade passing through the air as she dispatched a small group of passing guards that'd been on route towards the chaos. Alicia had made a decision to head toward where the Marines appeared to be reinforcing from, having learned that the floors where being shut down from above, reinforcement descending downward towards where she was sure the rest of her crew were headed. Fortunately during her distraction effort she'd come across a crude simplified map of the prison, discovered upon the body of a fallen marine officer. There appeared to be a large linking bridge type structure that separated the rest upper half of the tower from the bottom half.

It seemed to her like an obvious weakness, given that she intended to exploit it... but perhaps if one were trying to escape it'd make things considerably more difficult to bypass. 'Should be just up ahead now' she thought to herself, passing through the narrow maze like corridors at speed before sliding to a stop at the foot of the connecting bridge. Air blew in from open stone holes in the walls, creating an oddly strong draft that seemingly disappeared every few minutes. The swordsman could already hear the patter of feet accompanied by the chants and cries of rallying marines. Alicia exhaled deeply, for it was here that she intended to stop them. If she could halt the reinforcement, even for a short amount of time, it'd make all the difference to the others bellow.

"Officer! step aside your blocking the way!" a gruff marine shouted towards her as their group advanced, hands clutching swords and riffles wearing fierce expressions, perhaps empowered by the momentum of having easily reclaimed the floors above. Alicia responded by pulling her sword from it's saya in one smooth motion, laying it to rest beside her with it's tip facing downward. The officer raised his hand to order the force to halt, brows furrowing as his expression contorted in part confusion, part irritation. "Officer I said stand asi-" her arm moved with the speed of a bullet, shooting forwards causing the blade to whip and strike his throat. He collapsed in a heap, knocked unconscious in a single moment.

"Shes not an officer she's one of them!" one of them cried as they brought weapons to bare, a few officers from behind the group moving out to pull their fallen comrade behind their front line. By now one half of the entire bridge was full with marines, backed up into the upper half waiting to advance. "She can't take us all! push forwards!" another voice from the crowd called and a resounding battle cry followed as they began to advance again. Alicia shed the officers coat with the symbol of justice painted across its back, seeing no more need for it as she readied herself for quite possible the toughest odds she'd ever faced.

She started to walk at first, which picked up into a jog, then eventually a full sprint as she moved to meet the horde of marines head on. Bullets whipped past her head into stone, filling the space with a chaos of noise before she allowed her own cry of battle to join theirs, her blade moving in swift flurries against the wall of swords that came endlessly. Whenever one would fall, another took it's place seemingly instantly. Rifles never stopped where there was room to take shots at her, and Alicia never once stayed in one place, ever moving to avoid an impossible number of dangers attacking from multiple angles.

What felt like hours passed by in only minutes, overwhelming numbers pushing against her to overpower and seize control of the vital location, the location that linked the halves and would allow them to advance towards the others. Beads of sweat formed on her face as she fought, the marines moving in and out of each other when some of them became tired from fighting, replacing them with fresh rested fighters to take advantage against her exertion. Despite Alicia's prowess with the sword, even she couldn't surpass these odds in such a small space, taking hits and cuts every so often which threatened to weaken her resolve.

Bodies continued to fall, creating another problem as they filled space that neither side could afford to lose. The fighting continued on, Alicia could feel herself faltering against the insurmountable strength in front of her, her body tiring and her grip on consciousness wavering due to physical exertion. She considered falling back when finally the wall broke and withdrew from her position, back up the bridge a short way away from her. Alicia placed the tip of the blade on the ground and rested upon the hilt for a moment, breathing deeply as blood ran from the fresh cuts where some of them had landed their blows.

"She must be one of the Cuthroats! no other pirate could fight like that!" one of the marines still standing shouted to his fellow men. "FOOLS!" a voice echoed over the others, causing them to part to either side as a man with an exceptionally long katana walked into view between them. "That is no Cuthroat... that is a Stardusk, and the first born of Sakura Hikari" there were some surprised expressions and some gasps from the marines, but the newly arrived swordsman's face remained stoic. "How disappointing, Sakura was a living legend and here you are, a mere pirate" his eyes bore down at her, one of his hands holding his swords saya like a staff while the other rested casually on his other arm.

Alicia regained her composure, standing straight as she faced the newcommer. "Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Ironwill Presley, your mother was one of my great idols. Hence my disappointment upon learning how her daughter has amounted to nothing" his words were spoken as if they were fact. "You know nothing of me... " Alicia responded, her throat slightly dry which carried in her words. "Clearly" he responded. "Though I believe I will have plenty of option to do so once you're given your very own cell here in the prison. I mean you didn't honestly believe you'd succeed here did you? and even if you did, how would you escape?" Presley's expression appeared casually amused as he spoke.

Alicia swallowed, trying to ignore the complaints of her body as she gave her own response. "For some of us to win, some of us may need to lose" Presley shook his head, once again appearing disappointed. "Noble, but I bet your friends would never even know your sacrifice... you will rot here, without them ever knowing what you did" Alicia allowed a small smile to grace her tired beaten expression, "Then you mistake my honor for the pursuit of an ego boost" Presley's expression hardened with her response and he pulled his sword to reveal a blade with elaborate designed engraved into the silvery metal. "I grow tired of this, of you... time to remove you".

Alicia barely had time to ready herself before he flashed behind her, slamming his fist into the back of her head with such force that she was sent bounding across the stone floor. The marines didn't move but merely watched with expressions of shock and fear as Alicia rose only to be met with his large sword arching across her body, it's power sending her flying against the wall with such force that a normal human would have probably been out right killed. "Did you expect to win this fight, daughter of Sakura. For every kind of fruit user... weapon user, person with unnatural ability... we have someone here suited to stop them" He spoke as he walked casually towards her. Alicia shakily rose to her feet, leveling her blade before moving to strike him, moving at her usual staggering speed.

Presley side stepped and moved between her attempts as if he weren't really trying, countering with ease. He suddenly moved beyond her speed again and grabbed her by the throat, "And that is why I'm here" he said before throwing her against the wall. This time Alicia managed to counter and push her feet into the wall she was thrown against, bending her knees before unleashing a powerful strike as her eye ignited with destructive power. Presley merely grinned, placing the flat of his blade against the incoming strike to absorb the energy before locking his blade back inside it's saya. "Goodbye, daughter of Sakura.... " he said with amusement before unleashing his blade back towards her, sending not only her power but also his own back at her. Alicia's eyes widened and she gasped as she placed her blade in front of her to guard against the attack.

An explosion erupted around her as the entire wall crumbled, sending her and bodies of marines hurtling from the tower. Her vision began to flicker and fade, the sounds of her heart thumping in her ears as her body felt hot with sweat and the feeling of blood on her skin. She began to black out as air whistled past her ears. Alicia was going to die.

"Alicia... ALICIA WAKE UP!!"
Her vision returned in time to see the ground becoming bigger and bigger as she fell. The swordswoman rotated mid air and swept her sword behind her in one final exertion of energy. A ring of wind burst her forwards in the air, just enough to push her outward from hitting the ground, clearing it by just enough so she hit the water after it along with some of the bodies. The cold hit her almost as hard as the stone wall from the bridge, her senses numbed as cold needles jabbed and bit at her skin. Alicia gasped for breath as she broke the surface, crawling from the water onto the dock arm that lead back towards where the ship and the rest of the crew were located. It was easy to see just how hurt she was as she slowly pulled herself to her feat, water dripping from her clothes and her hair as she began to slowly limp down the dock arm.

The gates to Kane'Artem opened behind her, revealing a regrouped portion of marines from the other sectors, rifles open fired down the dock arm as they began pursuit in a last ditch effort to stop the pirates. Alicia was unable to quicken her pace, resorting to swatting away the rifle bullets that would otherwise hit her as she continued making her way towards the ship. Bannon was the first to speak up on the situation, "It's Lady Tashigi! get my spear!" he boomed to one of his subordinates before the ships captain spoke up, "Sir! the prison's defenses are coming online, we have to set sail or we'll be annihilated!" Bannons hands gripped the wooden rail, almost crushing it in anger which turned to shock as the captain turned and made order to steer away from the dock. "We can't leave!" Bannon shouted.

The captain rounded on Bannon with an expression that told of a man complying with something he didn't want to. "Admiral Tashigi has ordered it! and communications aren't getting through!" Bannon once again turned to watch Alicia as she continued to limp down toward the ship, "Then delay the command! please I'm begging you" the captain paused before giving a solemn nod. Just as their conversations finished, the outward cannons of the prison began to fire down on the dockyard, vacant ships being obliterated as the marines searched for which ship housed the fleeing pirates.

A ship exploded close to Alicia, engulfing her in fire and wooden shrapnel. It was almost enough to assume she'd been immediately killed before a sharp swathe of wind cut through the fire, parting it for the swordswoman to limb through. Cannonballs were deflected as some of them took aim on her, others hitting the water or parts of the dock to add to the chaos. "TASHIGI!" a voice pierced the destruction and the cannons ceased fire almost immediately. Alicia turned, her tired beaten featured looking back to see Presley marching up the dock arm. "You survived... impressive. But I'm afraid once again I must remind you that there is no victory to be found for you here" his stoic expression relaxed to allow for some amusement to slip in.

Alicia looked back at the ship for a moment before turning fully towards Presley. "Allow me to ease your suffering" Once again the large blade came out before him, he took a stance before bringing the sword in a downward arc, letting out a powerful shout as a brutal wave of energy began to race towards Alicia, splintering and destroying the dock arm as it traveled towards her. Alicia went to grip her own sword, but then all of a sudden let go of it altogether, leaving herself defenseless. "ALICIA!" Bannon and Hanako shouted almost in unison as the swordswoman closed her eyes.
~~~~~ Two years ago ~~~~~​

Alicia and Satia stood in the courtyard of their estate, the same stone courtyard where their father had fallen to the mysterious swordsman shortly after the invasion of Yula Fei. They had argued over who should maintain ownership of the estate and the school, their opinions on such subjects having differed greatly which wasn't uncommon among sisters. This time they had decided to settle it in a duel, not to the death but merely as a test of skill to decide whom had the truest right to take full ownership for the affairs and direction of the estate and school that had belonged in their family for generations on their mothers side.

The duel started with a respectful bow from both of them, the sisters taking their stances before settling into a combat ready position. Petals from the trees fall like snow around the courtyard, the remnants of their yearly cycles swirling in the wind between the stone steps and statues that faced in towards the arena. Both of them visually exhaled before the battle would begin, the display a spectacular feat of skill and power

They appeared to almost dance with each other, demonstrating all of what they'd learned up to this moment. While it was true Satia was younger, she'd come a long way in her training, enough to be a more then reasonable challenge to her older sister. Both o f them refused to give ground, parrying, countering and performing feats of acrobatic ability around the other. It was almost poetic, elegant within a nature beyond the natural world.

Satia managed to give herself some ground, spinning herself into a sideways roll away from Alicia. Upon touching the ground she took up both her blades and unleashed a powerful volley of destruction towards her older sibling. Alicia saw the power within her younger sister, the aspiring nature of Satia's will to see Alicia as equal and not as lesser. It was in that moment that Alicia truly understood her, and was both humbled and proud.

Alicia dropped her sword to the ground, and exhaled from her body as her arms moved in a fluid motion before her palm extended towards the incoming attack. Satia's eyes widened as she let out a terrified cry, "NO!!" but it was already too late, The attack struck Alicia, but instead of tearing her to pieces, Alicia closed her eyes and once again began to move her arms in a fluid motion, as if she were moving the power around herself.

Her arms expelled it towards the sky and a loud thunderous boom echoed the land of the estate, the trees shaking from the wind that furiously swirled around her. Alicia held her pose for a moment more, blood beginning to leak from the corner of her mouth before she fell to her knees. Satia raced to her side, her eyes filled with tears as she shook. "Alicia! please say something!" she said as she held her older sisters body.

Alicia looked up with a small smile, "Fear not Satia, I'm still here". The younger swordsman embraced her older sister after dropping both her swords, accepting defeat by withdrawing from discovering the extent of Alicia's power and progress.

~~~~ Present Day ~~~~
Alicia held up her palm towards the incoming attack, the powerful destructive arc colliding with it before she moved her arms gently and elegantly in dance like movement. Alicia opened her eyes with a small smile before she released the redirected energy back in an outward cone towards Presley. The force caused the remaining ships to burst into splintered wood along with the rest of the dock arm, leaving only the marines and Presley stood on the other side just out of harms way. There was a brief pause of disbelief on the face of the marines, but Presley appeared to be smiling at Alicia. "Sir! orders to advance!" one of the marines asked, looking to their officer. Presley gave a subtle small nod towards Alicia before turning to his subordinate, "Tend to the wounded, we're done here" he said before turning to walk back towards the prison. "B-But sir!" the marine protested, "That's an order!". The marine nodded, taking a look back towards Alicia and the crew before they withdrew from the dock. Alicia turned and continued her limp towards the ship, eventually reaching it and climbing aboard where she collapsed entirely, her body having finally given up under the stress of the battle.​

Time: Evening

250ruac.jpg

et5w5v.jpg

There was a moment of excitement when everyone reached the large Yula Fei ship. Cheers sounded around the ship and a chorus of people began yelling out,

"Let's go!"

"We've got no time to waste here!"

"I'm ready to get out of here!"

Runali was very much on board with the idea of making escape. She never wanted to look back at that prison again. Two soldiers carried Aidan off to the infirmary on the ship and she was about to follow until rejoicing turned into panicking. She stopped in her tracks a little surprised to see the sudden rushing around. Most of the ones in panic were the Yula Fei soldiers.

"Where's Alicia?!"

"Did she not escape with you?!"

The captain whirled around and hurried to the edge of the boat. "We can't leave! My crew came to get me from that hellhole and by the gods we are all leaving toge-" Kane'Artem was met with another explosion and after searching through fallen debris and smoke, she leaned over the edge of the boat spotting the fight. "There she is! We need to get her-"

"Slow down captain. You'll fall off this boat before helpin' anyone." Saff caught the younger pirate by the back of her shirt and gestured forward for her to watch. "It's been awhile, but ya gotta trust your friends here. They're tough." Everything happened rather quickly from an intricate sword fight to the soldiers helping Alicia back on the ship.

Runali couldn't deny that she was more than relieved to know that they were all accounted for. She wasn't sure she could live with the idea of one of her crew losing their life just to save her from Kane'Artem. The idea made her shudder but she looked up when Saff put a hand on her shoulder. "I know they're tough. I just-"

"Worried? Scared to lose them to Davy? I get it. But relax now girly, we're outta there. Best part is, they're not even following us! And just like the princess over there, you need the rest."

"I'm out of there…" She echoed the comment as Saffron walked off to join the rest of the cheering pirates. Runali pushed her eyepatch off her face and moved the stray strands of hair so she could look out at the sea. Kane'Artem was getting farther and farther away.

She was amazed, she was overwhelmed, she was reminiscent- she could have cried. In fact, she didn't realize she was tearing up. "We're out of there!" Her demeanor changed rather quickly. From staring out at the sea, she was now in amongst the crew she thought she lost and pirates that decided for some insane reason to help them. "I can't believe you guys risked your lives- actually I can, but that's besides the point! You guys are alive, I knew it. It's a captain's intuition I tell you! You guys have to tell me about what happened! Where have you been!? How'd you even find me!? What did I miss?!" She started pacing back and forth now that it was permanently etched into her mind that she could move more than a foot without being stopped by restraints. All the while, she prattled on nonstop. All of her questions, exclamations, and overall happiness had boiled down into this one moment. Runali didn't hear the suggestions to relax or take a seat as she did the very opposite. She wanted to know just what happened to all of her crew to who exactly all of the extra people were.

One doctor had began to wade his way through the mass of pirates and soldiers injured from battle. His quick eye caught on first as Runali's words slurred together and her pacing became lethargic a bit too abruptly. As if he suspected it, he caught her in one swooping motion and before the others could voice their concern, he spoke calmly. "Fatigue. Probably vertigo from not being able to move around so much, maybe mixed with being on a ship. She'll be alright. Quite surprised she actually lasted this long and didn't pass out during the escape. Some much needed rest, food, and medicine will do her well. I'll care for her. Hana, while I tend to Miss Runali, Alicia, and the other more...critically injured patients, I need you and the other nurses to tend to the wounded here." The young girl was a little apprehensive about leaving Alicia's side, but she gave a firm nod and grabbed her kit. She was a nurse as well. She had to do her job. The doctor carried Runali away, and yelled over his shoulder, "I will be checking in on all of you shortly. Please, don't give my nurses a hard time. And don't do anything stupid to injure yourselves. Again." And without hesitation, he added. "Bannon. To the infirmary. Now."
There were few people Bannon wouldn't challenge and one of them happened to be the stern voice of a doctor telling him to rest. After relaying as much information as he could to Satia, he headed off to do as he was told.

~~~~~

The trip itself was a mixture of emotions with the dominant one being relief that they had gotten out of the prison alive. Many were counting their blessings and most of the pirates that allied with the group were excitedly planning their trip back to their respective crews and families. There was chatter of the need to borrow several small boats in order to get back to where they needed to be, along with pirates deciding to journey together since they were headed in the same direction. Fortunately, Yula Fei was more than willing to give them a few of their small merchant and trade ships.

"You better start thinkin' up one helluva apology hothead." Saffron's nose was in a book as she walked past a group sharing drinks.

"Hmm~?" Belen was a bit too busy being...well Belen. She was leaning over Kadi's shoulders, listening to the group of pirates tell tales of their heroism and acts of bravery as if they didn't share the same experience together. Some were even boasting about how many they managed to incapacitate or kill.

"Ya have a captain ta appease, remember?"

This made Belen bolt right up and head to Saff's side with something similar to a puppy dog look. "Aw, Saffy you don't really think she'll be mad? She'll understand- you'll back me up right?"

"She was gonna start a war for you. You're not off the hook there."

A curious pirate close by chimed up. "So you Cutthroat ladies get in trouble for getting caught by the Navy?"

At first, Saffron planned to ignore the man and carry on, but she figured there was no harm in telling him a little about her band of pirates. "It's not so much gettin' caught. It's how ya get caught- more specifically how this dummy got caught. Smart and as dangerous as she is, she got careless. It's all about the title and the navy's understandin' of 'we don't break anything they don't come for us' thing. ."

"I've heard if the big names start wars there'd be hell to pay on both ends."

"Aye, and unlike some, we tend ta avoid unnecessary lives lost of our crew."

The conversation shifted. Some began asking questions about the Cutthroat pirates life while others asked about which rumors were true. The moment they learned that the Stardusk crew managed to visit the 'pirate paradise' many of them questioned their experience- some a little more jealous than others.

~~~~

About a week's worth of traveling

It took almost a week to make it to Yula Fei, but in the end, all of the ships made it in more or less on piece. Damage could always be fixed now that they had returned. They didn't have navy ships hunting them down, which rose more suspicion from some rather than give relief.

During most of that week on the ship, Runali was slowly regaining her health and her sea legs. It was a frustrating process but she took on the challenge with fervor. Two years was enough falling behind her own crew and she couldn't bare to waste any more of that time.

A few times during the trip she checked up on Aidan to make sure no one had tried getting rid of him in one way or the other. Fortunately, they abided her wishes, albeit with dozens of questions. Most of the time she'd give the same quiet shrug to everyone leaving them with even more questions.

"So what are you going to do with the guy?" Belen berated this time, wanting an actual answer. She felt she had the right to know considering she was a prisoner just like Runali had been.

"That warden must think he's dead at this point… I don't see them having much use for a dead man. So, he's gonna be apart of my crew."

While Belen looked on in disbelief, Saff cackled in the background. "Leave it to a captain of a pirate crew to make such insane choices. 's why I like the firstmate job. Just go with it Belen. Maybe she'll let you sucker punch him before ya leave."

~~~~

It felt like forever but they had finally made it to the Yula Fei shore. Some were a lot more eager to get going, grouping up and being escorted to the first sail boat or free ship the Yula Fei soldiers would give them. Others decided that they'd just take the time to rest a little bit longer- if the people of Yula Fei allowed them.

2n9j1xc.jpg

Elise was among that first group. As the ship docked, she looked amongst the group.. "It was...definitely eventful working with the lot of you. I can say, it wasn't anything I've ever dreamt or expected I would do that's for sure. But I'd rather not over welcome my stay here." It was obvious she was more eager to leave than worried about being an intrusion. "I have my name to clear, a navy to resign from, and a long, long vacation that's waiting for me." Elise couldn't help the small smirk forming on her otherwise indifferent expression. "I suppose this is a goodbye. I don't know if luck is something you need. It seems you have plenty of it. And, yeah," It had definitely been an adventure, that was for sure. Well rested and now stocked with a boat and decent amount of supplies, Elise Forsythe gave a small bow to the Tashigi sisters along with all who decided to watch her depart. The navy officer, soon to be ex-navy officer, gave a small salute as the boat slowly drifted out to sea. She couldn't believe that the ragtag team had actually grown on her.

More importantly...she couldn't believe she was actually rooting for their success.

~~~~~

As things began to settle, Satia took it upon herself to do the leading. She was avid on making sure her older sister got the rest she needed after the stunt she pulled. "It has been awhile since the last time some of you have visited our home, and welcome to the ones who have never been to Yula Fei. If you would follow me and my soldiers, we can show you just where you can rest. And from there, you're free to explore as you wish."

"Heh, I know we haven't seen each other in forever Satia, but there's no need to be so prim and proper!" Runali grinned and followed, once again admiring the natural beauty that it held.

Last edited:
Ray thrashed in terror after being pushed into the water by Luro and began sinking. Eyes shut in terror, he clung to the first thing his flailing fingers could find purchase upon in the water and only hope it was buoyant. After several agonizingly long moments of holding his breath, Ray surfaced, indeed clinging to Luro. "Lords!" Ray sputtered. "What did I ever do to deserve this?" Ray wasn't sure if his prayer was one of gratitude or complaint.

As luck would have it, Alicia was on hand with a ship to pick up the survivors. When he finally let go of his death-grip on Luro and took Alicia's hand to be pulled aboard, he said, "What a bedazzling sight you are, Lady Tashigi." Taking a moment on the deck to cough out some water, he continued, "Getting rescued by beautiful women like you is something I could get used to," he struggled to affix a charming smile, but gave up, too tired to figure out whether his flirtations were because he had outgrown being intimidated by the swordswoman or if it was merely Michael's toxin and his exhaustion doing the talking.

Ray sat down and caught his breath, relaxing for the first time in what seemed like a long time. Heh, like two years.... Looking to the Captain, he saw she was tearing up with emotion, and couldn't help responding in kind. "Just... repaying a debt, Captain." He smiled tiredly, wiping the tears from his eyes.

<> <> <> <> <>​

During the trip back, Ray explained what he had been up to in their two year absence. "I was working with the Separatists. You remember, that shadow organization that my estranged family is part of, fighting to keep my homeland independent? Anyway, it wasn't as if I joined them. We were strictly allies of convenience. I needed to find out what happened to you guys. They had an information network that could get me answers, and I could do their dirty work fighting the Royalists. Besides, I owed the Royalists back for killing the people who saved my life after the storm." Ray's expression was dark. "When the Separatists finally got me some answers, they... weren't the ones I was looking for, but ones I needed anyway; they told me where I could find Lisset." Ray took a breath to steady himself. "I went to see her. It was a trap. She had the navy capture me and they were taking me to Kane'Artum, which is where Alicia and the rest of the Yula Fei guys found me."

<> <> <> <> <>​

As the ship pulled into Port Hurasai, Ray caught sight of the young woman waiting for them upon the docks. As soon as they stepped off the ship, Ray bowed, "Bestill my heart, Lady Satia Tashigi. Two years since out first meeting and you beauty has only grown." He took her hand and kissed it delicately, acting the perfect gentleman, despite his bedraggled appearance. At least this time there aren't any Royal Guards around to mess up my introduction. "Now, seeing as we're back together, I propose a toast. Is that place with the drinking challenge still open?" Ray asked, sure that such a suggestion would get Luro's attention and vote.

Reactions: Capt. Blu

Alicia had said very little after she'd regained consciousness. Not because she was upset, but because she felt content to bask in the company of the friends she'd sailed with those years ago, a life she'd thought was laid to rest. Now here they all were again, without the pearl but never the less together and out on the open sea once more. Alicia had decided not to talk about what happened leading up to the confrontation at the dock. She didn't need any of them to know what'd happened or what she'd done, they were safe and that was the main goal. Over the days it took to sail back to Yula Fei she'd for the first time in a long time, set her sword aside. She decided to allow herself to simply be herself for a while, without hiding beyond the black surface of her late mothers sword. As usual she could be found at the bow, the wind in her hair with an expression of serenity.

When the horizon cleared and the haze of the thick sea fog lifted, they would be greeted with the spectacular jewel that was Yula Fei. A land rich in natural beauty, be it the local flora or cultural architecture that made even seasoned architects marvel. The nation thrived within itself and boasted a deep somber history that some might even remember from their first visit, had they been paying attention. Unlike the last visit however, they were not just greeted with the site of Yula Fei's port, the massive port of Hurasai. The entire naval fleet was anchored just outside of the port, dormant as if waiting diligently to face off any invasion.

Princess Omoiyari had invested much into their military since the last invasion and the expense was telling. Between the many frigates were titan warships that boasted overwhelming firepower, the size of the fleet itself were perhaps almost equivalent to the armada that Odyn himself had attempted to invade the island with. It put into perspective just how insignificant the four ships they'd used to liberate Runali were, given how many warships lay anchored before them. "Quite a sight, no?" Kei Lyn commented as they began to bank towards the dock arms, passing through the field of warships. The other ships that'd taken part in the liberation banked away to rejoin the fleet, allowing them plenty of space to moor to the dock arm.

Satia had been the first to leave the ship, followed shortly by Alicia whom had just about recovered from her injuries. Neither of the sisters could have expected what happened next however, as Ray hopped over and took it upon himself to take the hand of one of Yula Fei's most recent rear admirals, kissing her hand. Satia looked uncomfortable, unsure what to do as her cheeks very slightly reddened. Perhaps what made the scene that much more amusing was the dockyard guard, one of them nudging the others with an elbow before motioning towards the scene with his halberd. Satia shot a single glance towards them and the guards almost ran into each other before nonchalantly pretending to focus on something else. Alicia bapped Ray on the head with the saya of her sword, "Not... my... sister!" she said plainly with an bemused expression, tapping his head firmly once with each word.

"I.. well, ahem. Thank you, Raymond" Satia eventually replied as she recomposed herself. Satia had definitely come a long way since the first time they'd met. She was more a woman now, even if it had been only a few years. She wore her hair short still, much like Alicia had done when she'd been that age not so long ago. "As for the toast, you may have to wait. Many have come far from all over Yula Fei to greet you, the heroes whom saved them from Odyn" Satia had already been aware of what was to come prior to docking. Their warships had communication devices commissioned from the Brass Cape. It wasn't often Yula Fei made trade with other nations but the perks of a stronger communication method were too good to pass up. "I believed they're waiting just past the port entrance. Guards have been allocated to prevent things getting out of hand, but I believe it is the will of the people to throw a celebration, there's likely to be music, fireworks, food and more across the nation tonight" Satia went on to explain.

"Of course you're all free to do as you please" Satia made a small smile before she was handed a chart from one of her subordinates, writing her signature with a quill to sign the ledger for the docked ship.

"Undeniably so," Arcadius answered to Kei Lyn. "Were only you had those ships when there was an enemy preparing to attack you, sir," he continued, his eyes darting between the docked vessels. The Navigator was frowning, standing stiffly with his hands locked behind his back. "Do tell me, how much you had to raise taxes to build all of these ships, by the way? Which projects had funding slashed to find money for the construction? How many dissidents you had to imprison and silence?" Arcadius knew most of the answers for his questions. Yula Fei was odd mixture of island sitting in the middle of nowhere, yet large enough to support notable agriculture and local industry. The island was comfortably self sufficient, and investment into the ships was probably seen as mild inconvenience and assurance of future safety. Not to mention, the local miniature ship model industry must have experienced a huge boom as well.

The last week, spend locked with Belen on one ship, was beyond pleasurable. Well, carnally pleasurable, not mentally, to be precise. How come she's not noticing it? Everyone around is running around nearly naked from the day's heat, and yet I feel like finding winter clothing. Or stealing another table-cloth. She sleeps next to me, yet she says nothing. Can't be just... effort at subtle politeness. Belen's a lot of thing, but subtle she's not. The Navigator's mood has been miserable for the past two days, finally concluding the cold he was experiencing was completely in his head, or at least not perceived by the outside world. So far, it was just a mild inconvenience, but each day, he felt, he was getting closer and closer to... Well, what? You ain't slowly dying of hypothermia, Kadi.

"Nevertheless, it is an impressive display of military might, and I am more than happy I will not have to crash a ship into another ship next time your island is attacked," Arcadius concluded his thoughts on socio-economical ramifications of unchecked militarization. Expired. No, not dead. Expired. Well, the crew's back together. There's time. Hope, too. See where the plan takes us next. Will need some bargaining chips for the journey, after all.

Time: Early Afternoon

et5w5v.jpg

250ruac.jpg

She couldn't help the sympathetic looks or comments when she learned what exactly happened to each of them while they were separated for the two years. From Ray having to work with the family he despised to Luro being- quite literally stranded for who knows how long. It was rough for all of them, but she was happy they were alive and counted for.

No one had any qualms about following Satia to the Tashigi Estate. While they needed to stretch from the long trip, it would be nice to have a decent meal and to get settled in before scurrying off into the corners of Yula Fei.

Soldiers escorted the large group of pirates, breaking them up into groups so they didn't need to crowd one area and also to escort them to a proper resting ground. Of course, the Stardusk crew, Aidan, and Satia stuck to the same route. Yula Fei had already been given the forewarning that the ships would be returning and a feast had already been prepared. The celebration wasn't exactly something for the Yula Fei people, but with Stardusk crew helping to save their country, they were still held in high regard.

"If any of you need to rest, I can show you where you can."
"There's more drinks if need be."
There were other formalities and suggestions passed around and Runali simply watched as everyone got comfortable.

"Say, captain, what do you wanna to do with the overseer there?" Saff looked over at Aidan who was very out of place with a bunch of pirates. He wasn't tied up or chained, but it was obvious that there was always someone near to block any sudden escape routes.

"Huh, well. Let him...bond with the rest. Just as long as he doesn't run off on the next ship out, he's free to do what he wants."

"You're not too well trained in the 'prisoner' thing are ya?" Saff's arms crossed and she chuckled. "Aye, aye. I'm sure he'll get along...just fine with...pirates. Oi, what if he puts up a fight?"

Scratching her head, Runali once again stared at Aidan for a minute. "I mean. he can only get so far, really. But… I trust he won't do anything that brash." Before the first mate could ask why, the captain continued. "He's smart! Besides, if he does, you guys can handle it. Like I said, I can trust him!"

While everyone began to float towards something that interested them, Runali quietly pulled Alicia to the side. Her question was whispered, earning her a small laugh and nod before the both walked off.

"Niiice- Thanks. You don't have to wait up though, I'm probably going to sit in here till I prune or drown." In front of them were various sized pools of hot springs. Some were connected by small bridges or streams, while others were completely separate from the rest. The captain decided to slip into one of the separate ones.

"If anyone asks where I went-" The rest of the sentence was muffled by the captain sinking lower into the water, only to sit back up and add, "Unless you're joining then by all means."

What felt like days happened to be a few hours that she was sure she needed. The captain saw it best to dispose of her old clothes permanently and replace them with one of the many traditional kimonos Yula Fei had to offer until she could get a new wardrobe. In her opinion, it was probably best to leave all traces of that prison behind. The only thing she did keep was the ripped fabric she salvaged from her pirate flag. It wasn't much, but it held the most significance. Even her eyepatch could be replaced.

Speaking of new things, with only a torn piece of a flag, Runali planned to search around for spare fabric and maybe a good artist to make a new one. Immediately, the realization hit that they'd also need someplace to hang the new flag… Runali would have sighed if she hadn't been so far submerged under water at the time. They were going to need an entirely new ship. 'We'll need to restock everything. Food, lost treasure, Luro's throne chairs- huh forgot about those, fortunately we can restock on the next island. Once we get a ship that is."

When she started mumbling to herself about ships and plans, she realized it was now a good time to go join the rest of them group again. No need to start talking to herself when she had a group of people to talk to.

Time: Evening but Who's keeping track?

"Alright, alright, it's been long enough. I s'pose you do deserve some sort of explanation on why you're-" Runali's hand waved to and fro as she tried to figure out the word. "Hm, well trapped." The two were outside, not too far away from the Estate. Runali had her hands behind her back while she looked up at the night sky. "You're kind of stuck in Yula Fei at the moment. I may have asked them to make sure you couldn't escape. I mean, I guess it's considered a prisoner situation, but!" Her hand went up for emphasis. "Only because I wanted you to hear me out!"

She did a small twirl to face Aidan. "Be apart of my crew!" Her hands clasped together and she grinned. "It'll be fun- and Neptune knows you need that. There's a lot of adventure and it does beat sitting in a prison, staring at the same half dead people all day." She refrained from shuddering at the thought of Kane'Artem. "I mean, to be fair, you were kinda swept out into the ocean. If they think you died, it's a clean slate for you." Runali chuckled and slipped her hands into opposite sleeves.

"So? Whadyya say? Go back to that stuffy navy job or live a life out on the sea, without a care in the world- and occasionally fighting pirates that stand in our way? You'd fit right in. Like I said before, you'd make a pretty good pirate."

Last edited:
Time:The sun's up so not night, probably morning.
11ce6hj.jpg

Luro stood in the same Yula Fei courtyard from two years ago, during one of his night outings. His rifle had been set to the side and he held a bow in his hand a quiver of arrows on his back as he stared at a single target a fair distance away. Memories played in his head as he reached back and drew an arrow. The escape from the prison, the captain's barrage of questions, Alicia's return, the time on the ship and their arrival at Yula Fei. Luro had as he always did when it came to his past travels told many tales of his adventures, there were a mix of heroes and villains, lovers, rivals, locations each one more amazing then the last and he told the stories with an endless amount of energy. Whether the stories had truth's in them or were complete lies were up to debate, but the one thing he was very clear about was being stranded as that was a simple story. Though he didn't talk about the other Luro's specifically he did comment that he didn't feel alone while there. In the end none of that mattered, now was the most important thing and he told the captain that as well, though if he was ever questioned as to why he went through the trouble Luro's answer was simple.
"It was boring without you guys."

During the week on the ship Luro generally sat on the edge of the ship staring out at the sea with a bottle of rum in his hand, occasionally he'd sit near Alicia to keep her company. He spent most of the weeks just reconnecting and telling old tales and new ones that seemed to insane to make any sense, but seeing as they had just blown a hole in the side of an 'inescapable' prison and jumped out of it, doubt tended to quickly faded at the authenticity of some of the stories.
When Ray revealed how he had been captured Luro nodded at the man.
"Ah Ray's got the lass blues, Nura got me imprisoned when I found her once...or twice so you're not alone. Old lasses are trouble...but sometimes they're worth it ya know."
He also made small jabs toward Kadi since he knew the look of a man who was getting some, they were generally as follows:
"Kadi got some!"
"Here Kadi have some water, I know you're probably thirsty...cause you got some."
"Kadi what's a fancy word for got some so I can inform you that you got some fancily."
"Kadi there's an island I'm looking for on this map could you help me. I'm also looking for where the ship currently is since that's where you got some."
"I'm so proud of you Kadi. I knew you got some but I never had proof. I'll write a letter to Nura about it. Kadi got some."
"Ray! Ray! Kadi got some! Yeah go tell the captain! Alicia! Kadi got some!"

The celebration thrown for them was a wonderful memory, the visit to Yula Fei was always enjoyable, it was either a celebration or immense military power trying to destroy the island at least in Luro's experience and both were equally fun opportunities. He ended up challenging people to drinking contests during the celebration since he couldn't do the sake challenge upon arrival. He even tried to prod Aidan to join in on the fun, but in the end he just ended up drinking not really paying too much attention if anyone joined him.
He was coerced into bathing however as the sea couldn't wash away all the sink on the redhead's body.

While in Yula Fei Luro approached the Tashigi sisters to request an audience with the queen, partially because he couldn't find where she was at. He didn't walking up to the princess on his own but he couldn't find her so he had to rely on Alicia and Satia for assistance. His question was a simple one, he wanted her throne as his old one was gone. He informed that his other one was probably stolen by Davy Jones, and since they were friends it seemed rude to just steal it.
Luro also randomly challenged any students in training since he always enjoyed watching them duel with one another. To the surprise of some of the students he won plenty of bouts with them, but lost just as many. He always had a smile on his face as he fought them complimenting their skills no matter the end result. He also visited the blacksmith's as he did before some remembering him and he took additional notes having applied some of their teachings during his travels. Due to the secret of their art they didn't share everything but Luro walked away with a fair bit of knowledge. Aside from that he took in the sight, tried to find a lass to listen to his troubles and tried to take in Yula Fei with his fellow crew members. He even invited Aidan out to drink a few times.

Though he traveled all over Yula Fei, Rongyu Temple and Pilgrims Rise being two places he couldn't visit often before he always ended up in the courtyard. Each day he stopped by there, it got to a point the guard just handed him a bow and quiver of arrows knowing why he had shown up, as each day Luro just shot arrows at a target. Drawing the bow Luro's gaze went to the target and the world for a moment seemed to slow as his eyes focused on the target ahead. Luro was told on numerous occasions that he seemed detached from the real world, and there was a mess of truth to that, he wasn't sure where he stood on the matter but in moments like this the entire world came into view.
The fall of the petals around him, the faint sound of the fluttering cloth on the nearby buildings, the birds song nearby and the flapping of their wings as they took flight, Luro was aware of all of it. The feel of the wind brushing against what little skin showed, the fragrance of the flowers nearby, the feel of the bow in his hand, he could feel the object's desire to release the object in it's care, a desire he granted as he released the arrow flying straight and hitting the target dead center. Though that moment seemed infinite in Luro's eyes the guard merely saw Luro raise the bow and release. Eventually he was asked where he had learned to shoot and Luro motioned to the tattoo on his face with a grin.
He didn't clarify what he meant when asked and he only drew another arrow if other questions were asked pulling himself back into that world again. Luro eventually left as the guard wandered off to take care of a matter, Luro always withdrew the arrows and put them away setting the bow and quiver full of arrows on the ground if the guard wasn't there. The guard sighed and walking over picked up the quiver, his eyes resting on the petals trapped underneath. The man blinked a few times picking up one to see a notch was on the the petal, on some in the center. His eyes moved to another petal to see another notch and each day he found similar notch if he looked at just the right petal. The man looked in the direction Luro had gone holding the petal in his hand. There wasn't a moment when Luro was aiming at the target, hitting it was inevitable, he was aiming for the harder target.
Touching the part of the world so easy to miss, that's what he enjoyed doing, it's one of the reasons he was a Stardusk.​

Reactions: Capt. Blu
Time: Now Now

The whole ship's crew was assembled on deck, the sailors and the port crew working hard to tether the ship to the pier, thick cotton ropes groaning as the strong arms pulled and tied them to the posts. Arcadius inhaled deep through his nose. Each harbour in the world had its unique bouquet, an olfactory name a sailor could use to absolutely identify where his travels took him this time. The navigator could smell fish and salt, of course, the main carrier stinks all harbours had, and a signal noise of human settlement; smell of bakeries, shops, smithies and tanneries hitching a ride. Yula Fei's calling card, however, was the faint sweet fragrance of the sakura cherry trees, politely standing behind all of those uncouth smells, waiting for all of them to leave before politely allowing itself to be known, as the golden pivot of the complex scent mixture. Perfectly complimenting the sweet taste of revenge, Arcadius thought.

He turned around. Luro was leaning over the railing, jug of rum in his hand, waving at one of the dock workers, making undented proposals to her. Just as he invited her to the celebration to be held for the crew, and the gal was about to accept, Arcadius reach the man and softly grabbed him by the shoulders, pulling his attention from her to him. "Luro," he started, smiling at his compatriot. The sailors behind him just removed part of the ship's railing in order to make room for the gangplank to be extended from the pier, but there were still dozen meters of open water between the ship and the pier. "I have to thank you for your exhausting twenty four hour a day coverage of my sexual prowess. I have no idea what would the crew do without you keeping watch on my coital progress!" Arcadius said with as much ham as he could while mainlining a deadly serious face. "Now, however, as we have finally reached our destination, on the beautiful and mysterious island of Yula Fei, your watch has ended. Finally, you can rest easy and..."

With one fluid movement, he pushed Luro overboard through the hole in the railing behind him, into the dirty harbour water under the ship. "Cool off!"

Time: Party-o-clock

Alicia was not underselling. It seemed like the whole island was celebrating. Them. Of all the things, they were celebrating a bunch of pirates. I wonder how many murderers and criminals we let loose. Worse, how many have we brought with us here. He let out a tired sigh and looked around at all the happy people around him. Nearby, Belen was showing the local male population how wrong they were when they proposed the hypothesis that they could drink her under the table. The first few losers now served, piled up, as a foot recliner for the woman. How? How the hell can she just... release herself from everything?

In that moment, he genuinely hated her, his... beloved. She was everything he felt he was not, a person not beset by fears, worries and regrets, a person who could easily let themselves go and enjoy themselves. For a moment he considered joining the competition, losing it, letting Belen just take over him, guiding him drunkenly through the rest of the night, but this notion was quickly beaten into dust by the other thoughts in his head: I'd be just spoiling their fun, with my seriousness and bitterness. She has the right to have some time without me instantly bothering her for attention. Just... let it go. The sun rises in ten hours. It will be over by then, a new day.

Ten minutes of suffering the boiling cauldron of bitterness in his head, he groaned. "Aw, to hell with it..." He stood up, looked around and noticed an unguarded jug which, after smelling test, proved to contain the local wine. There was a slight chance it was full of the fuel some of the Brass Cap contraptions used, but the risk proved acceptable to Arcadius. With the jug, he sneaked out of the celebration and the city itself, finding himself a nice cliff overlooking the bay to sit on. The grass was soft to sit on, the sea was bubbling underneath as the waves broke against the rocks at the base of the cliff and the sky was clear. With just the jug of wine and the l'appel du vide to keep him company, Kadi drunk himself to stupor.

As expected, the next day proved to be much more bearable with a killer of a hangover. For some reasons, wishing to be dead in order to stop the physical pain always succeeded in making one forget about the heartache of the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mizos and Capt. Blu
2f0ey3p.jpg

[BCOLOR=transparent]Aidan had spent the last few days in perpetual annoyance.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Having awoken & found himself treated upon a strange ship, a pirate ship at that, he could not believe the audacity of his newfound captors. At first he imagined that he was being kept for information… he kept a close watch on the scampering about the deck & found himself greatly appalled when it even seemed his guards would go take rum breaks lasting into the few hours before stumbling back.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]I could leave… they're distracted…. No, wait, that's not why I'm here. I should at least wait till I hear more.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]& wait he continued to do so… He sat against the wall, feeling the drinking going on in the other room… The amount of food being tossed around, the lack of demeanor. He could swear these people spat food when they laughed. He did nothing but glare into the wall as he tried to get any sense of information from those outside but the more & more he attempted to do so the more he realized he was strongly overestimating these pirates. Thus was when footsteps finally headed towards the door. A set of non-pirate looking guards seemed to be urging him to go with them outside. & with his fortune, it would seem she was there waiting for him. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yula Fei?" He shook his head & continued to glare at her. He's traveled many places but he'd never seen any place such that on any map. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"I'm sorry… What?" He looked at her with a deadpan expression. "You want me…. To be a pirate? Are you out of your mind? Whether I'm dead or not I don't think there will ever consider myself low enough to stoop to that of a pirate." He sighed. "However… I will sail with you… for the time being at least so I can…. Ugh… think about it… Call me a hostage or whatever but I am NO pirate & never will be. I only intend to let this last until I arrive in familiar waters."[/BCOLOR]

Reactions: Mizos and Capt. Blu