1nczXaE.png

wUsiFI0.png

Location: Out at Sea - 3 weeks or so after Trovale (Present Time)

It wasn't often Runali allowed herself to 'lose her cool' so in her cabin, now was as good as any time as she grimaced and groaned, sliding her hands down her face. She looked tired, pacing back and forth in her as the night stretched on. By her count- though muddled by rapid and equally tired thoughts, it had been at least four hours since she wished the crew a good night.

Four hours of her not being able to sleep. Or at least, four hours today.

Coral was on her perch, watching the captain pace back and forth like a trapped animal. It was obvious something was wrong. It hadn't been the first night this had happened. Coral knew that the lack of sleep had started sometime around when the shipwright decided to go get into trouble but it suddenly gotten much more noticeable after the chef returned. There was a time that the bird was sure it stopped completely. But now it was getting in the way of Coral's sleep and becoming more noticeable during the day, so she decided to put matters into her own wings.

"What's wrong Coral?" Her head tilted a bit as she watched the hawk hop from her perch and to the captain's desk. "Gotta stretch your wings?" The captain followed the waddling bird to the door, opening it for her. The moment it did, Coral flew up and carefully perched on Runali's shoulder. Suddenly the bird's talons had a vice grip on Runali's shirt and pulled the captain out the door. Coral was no average sized bird, so it took more than a swat or a 'shoo' to get her to stop. "Oi! Cut it out Coral! What's the matter with you?" Pulling away was useless after a few attempts so with a defeated sigh, Runali allowed herself to be dragged to the deck of the ship.

"Fine, fiiine... Kadi had first watch and I wanted to ask about changing course anyway… Something about this path is giving me a bad feeling..." The captain had fallen into her own musings, not noticing Coral had let go of her and she was walking on her own. "Hey, Coral do you-" When she looked up, she spotted the bird taking refuge on Luro's shoulder. Kadi was nowhere to be seen so she figured she had just missed him. "Uh," Tired eyes blinked a bit too rapidly and her hand went up to pull her eyepatch down before she realized it was back in her cabin. She watched Coral give Luro light pecks on the head before nodding towards Runali as if to get his attention. The captain straightened up and mumbled, "Traitor" under her breath.

Luro stood on the deck staring at the sea with his hands in his sleeves, his eyelids lowered slightly as he lost himself amongst the endless waves. He always found his thoughts wandering whenever he watched the sea. When Imposter had more control he felt a strange duality as he watched the waves bob up and down, almost as if the two of them were watching it at the same time, he could still feel the sensation but it was fainter. Though he loved the view it always caused his thoughts to drift in certain directions. He worried over one particular thought but he was pulled from his own mental musings when Coral landed on his shoulder.
"Oh hey Coral," Luro said as he was tapped by the bird.
He turned to look where Coral was motioning only to see Runali, brows arching he grinned at her before reaching up and patting Coral.
"Hey Captain," he said moving his hands to his hips. "I had four nightmares instead of the usually three so I decided to get some fresh air. You havin' trouble sleeping...or are ya up to a little mischief."

"Sounds… pleasant?" Runali decided against making a quick exit. She could practically feel Coral's watchful gaze and had a feeling leaving wouldn't work too well. Instead, she decided to sit on a nearby barrel and for a passing moment wonder if there was even anything in it. "That's a lie," She slumped forward with her head in one hand. "That sounds like the worst, but you sound like you're taking it in stride. Are you okay?"

She looked at him for a moment, as if searching for something, but turned her gaze to the sea. The waves were always constant but never the same. Watching it long enough could lull her into a sense of ease. But as she stared out into the dark ocean, something seemed off, almost as if something or someone was watching them. Yet nothing was there. With a sigh and a small frown, she chalked it up as her restlessness. "Hm? Trouble? Nonsense Luro, when have I, of all pirates ever been in trouble?" She made a playful scoffing noise, deciding to sit up as she spoke. "As for mischief? Hah, when have I- or this crew, ever not been in mischief?" Quickly she added, "But don't tell Alicia I said that. She wouldn't let me live it down."

Luro offered a smile to Runali at her response, his eyes moving over to Coral at the look she was giving the Captain. He kind of wanted to ask her what was going on, but he found he always ended up talking about some things or another with Coral; it never stayed on one subject when they did talk. He knew what Imposter wanted to do to her and a part of him wondered if she sensed it sometimes.
He was pulled from his thoughts seeing Runali's concern and waved a hand in front of his face.
"I'm fine I've always had such nightmares. Only difference is I actually feel something seeing them now. Just Imposter reminding me I'm a terrible person, all the things I've done that whole thing."
Luro shrugged accustomed to such things,it just gave him an excuse to get fresh air.

Luro normally would sit near the Captain but with a bird on his shoulder he ended up remaining standing to keep from disturbing Coral. Bird or not she was a crewmate, granted Coral looked like a bird, he ended up staring at her for a long moment as this thought came to mind before looking back at the Captain.
"Secret's safe with me Captain. I'll just forget it later," Luro said raising a hand.
The smile on his face shrunk a little however as his eyes landed back on Runali, he stared at her for a long moment before returning his hands to his sleeves.
"...are you okay Captain? You don't seem like your usual self."
Luro smelled the air for a moment.
"Hm hm that's not your usual scent. You smell more like Z today."

"Wh-" Runali looked down at her clothes as if that would give her some sort of answer. She hadn't been doctored on that day. Grant it, from what Runali knew, Zil smelled clean… or maybe like blood from a particularly busy day. It was… an odd thought. "...A wild and dangerous person that's for sure. Terrible to others, but definitely the opposite of terrible to the Stardusk." It sounded as if she was talking about Luro rather than to him, but as he did, she let the matter go, waving her hand as if dismissing it. Runali heard his question, purposely avoiding it at first and not really sure why. It showed on her face she was debating her options, whatever they were.

It took a moment but she eventually let out a soft groan and stood to her feet, walking past him and Coral to lean against the ship's railing. She could hear the flap of wings as Coral flew off Luro to follow suit and perch nearby. The captain pushed her hair back so it was completely out of her face and then pointed straight out at the horizon. "There's nothing there besides ocean and sky." It wasn't a question, but the look of uncertainty she gave Luro called for reassurance. She stared out into the ocean again, seeing just that. Nothing. She closed her blind eye for emphasis. Still there was nothing there out of place.

"...And yet I'm so sure there's something there. Like somethin' that's, I dunno, just watching and waiting." She sighed and rested her head in one hand. She used her free hand to wave it in front of her as if dismissing it. "Could just be paranoia." It fell silent for a few moments with Runali staring at the sea and Coral watching the two of them, before the captain spoke up again. "No soul has ever died twice and had the strength to come back." Runali seemed to slump a little lower against the railing. "That's what Davy told us before we, y'know," She offered another waved hand that didn't really convey much meaning. Had she been able to figure out the right words, she probably would have said them. "We're one for two in the dying game. Although I'm not sure if the Undersea counts… Hard to tell. Not to say I'm scared of dying," She paused for a moment wondering if she was, but quickly shook her head. "It'd be a hellish life as a pirate to be. It's just a thing that happens. But," She tapped her fingers against the wood again. "Not sure. Just waiting for Davy to stop… haunting. Ruins the night."

Luro stared at Runali for a long moment as she checked herself, wondering why she was suddenly so concerned about her appearance. A smile was all he offered in response to her words but he shrunk a little as she walked past, his eyes only moving to Coral as she flew away before turning to the Runali. Something really seemed off about his Captain, but he remained silent not pushing the matter, only watching her waiting to see her response. He was concerned but it was more a curiosity than a need to know.

Luro's eyes moved out to the sea at the Captain's words and he stared out at the water searching for something, he only saw the same old sea as before. His brows arched for a moment as a fish jumped out of the water only to fall again as it returned to the ocean; without a doubt it was the same old sea he normally looked at.
What the Captain actually talked about was strange and caused him to turn his attention back to the waters, at the mention of Jones he moved his hands back to his sides remembering the man's words. He didn't speak for a moment mainly because he was bad when it came to things like this; the Captain was clearly pretty bothered by something. Alicia always knew the right words to say, Jack had a knack for figuring out people's feelings most of the time and Z was sensitive to this type of stuff. He was sure anyone else on the crew would get what the Captain was going on about, he could only just guess.
He gave a small shake of his head at that thought as he felt it was wrong. It wasn't a guess but more of a feeling than anything else.

"I don't see nothin' but the sea Captain. Though I'm used to the whole being watched part so I may be a little numb to it."
He motioned to the spot next to her where Imposter leaned against the railing, a wide grin on his face at being mentioned. He knew the Captain couldn't see him but Luro at least understood that particular feeling.
"He's always waiting for me…so I kinda get how bothersome it can be."
Luro walked over to Runali and took a seat opposite of the spot he pointed at, his eyes moved to horizon narrowing a little as if he was searching for something only to return his attention to the Captain.
"Well there aren't a lot of people who are 1 and 2 so that's an achievement in itself," Luro said with a small nod. "I do remember what Jones said though, next time's the real one. Though I was surprised the first one wasn't it."

Luro grinned a bit at this quite pleased at the second chance but the smile fell into a small one before he scratched the side of his head.
"Sorry Captain I'm probably not helping too much. I don't think it's too bad if Davy's watching us. I'd prefer him watching than the navy, at least he won't shoot at us…probably. I just finished fixing most of the ship."
Luro said this looking over at freshly cleaned spot worried it end up getting blown off again before looking back at Runali.
"If it's bothering you I can sit with you till you feel better Captain. It's easier to deal with that kinda thing with company after all. I can't promise I'll understand but I can at least listen to ya."
Luro pat his chest and grinned at Runali.
"I'm generally surprised if I survive the day so being watched by Jones won't bother me."

Her fingers continued to tap until Luro gestured to the space near her. Runali stared at the spot for a moment, not seeing anything- and yet somehow still having the same feeling she did looking out at sea. She let out a small 'hmph' towards the empty space but turned back to Luro as if purposely ignoring the presence. Runali didn't say much, instead offering a curious look when he apologized and a surprisingly softer one when he offered to stay with her. Somehow, his grin became contagious enough to make her smile back and laugh a little. "What are you talking about? You're with an entire crew, of course you'd survive the day. You survived years- even on your own." She fiddled with her necklace, looking over at Coral as she got comfortable perching near the two. "But… Better together than alone." She smiled at him again, a little less troubled than before. "At least that's the rough translation from what my mother once told me…"

Her attention abandoned the sea and went fully to Luro. "And y'know, get Lady in the air and bam problem solved. Hah, Navy can't shoot what they can't reach." She leaned over, startling Coral by stretching out one of her wings. "You and Passano do get a kick outta wings, yeah?" When she was given a light peck on the wrist, Runali let the bird go. "And… thank you by the way. For listening. S'pose can't really escape what's in your head... How do you deal with that anyway?"

Luro chuckled a little his eyes moving to the sea for a moment at the Captain's comment.
"Haha...I've had a few close ones on my own. Well more than a few. I do feel like I'm almost dying less with you guys which is nice. I don't think I'll die...but it's just habit to be prepared for it by now."
He focused his attention back on the Captain smiling at her as he pat his chest a few times.
"Everything's better with other people, it's lonely being alone," Luro said with a small nod. "Mom is wise."
At the idea of getting Lady in the air a toothy grin adorned Luro's face and he gave lady a small pat, though he quickly pulled his hand away as if he had touched a sore spot. Waving a hand at the mast as a form of apology before responding to the Captain.
"Hehe, a little more time Captain a little more time. With any luck the next time we see Risa it'll be from the clouds. I have been sending letters back getting her opinion on some stuff. Coral's been a bit of inspiration as well."
Luro looked over at his feathery crewmate but made no attempt to touch the bird, his eyes went to the empty spot and his eyebrows furrowed a bit before his face returned to normal.

"Anytime Captain. I'll always listen to ya," Luro said with a small nod to Runali. "Least I can do for all you've done."
At the mention of Imposter Luro reached up and rubbed the side of his head, his eyebrows arched a bit at Runali almost surprised she didn't know the answer.
"You."
Luro pointed at the Captain before pointing at the symbol displayed with pride on his chest.
"Stardusk helps me deal with that guy. Having you all around is a constant reminder why I can't lose to him...well that and-"
Luro trailed off for a moment flexing his right hand, he closed his eyes letting the feeling pass before opening them again.
"That and I'm used to him by now. He's been with me pretty long, about as long as my original mistress."
Luro pat his rifle in response to this before crossing his arms.
"Only difference is I'm making decisions without his input. Worst thing he does is remind me of every horrid thing I've ever done and how I'll be hated by the people whose lives I've ruined permanently, entrapping me in a world of constant hate filled misery."
Luro gave a small shrug at this.
"So you know a normal day. Kind of like how you deal with Z constantly admonshing you. He's nothing compared to being put in the 'bad corner' by Z."

The captain had been looking up at the sky, picking out a few distant clouds and thinking about how it would be a dream to sail along the clouds, close enough to touch the stars. But the dream stopped and there was a flash of surprise that crossed her face when Luro answered her question. She glanced in his direction, letting him finish what he had to say before calmly nodding. "Ah, I see… So the constant woes of adventure and, well, practice." She gave a small shrug. "It's an odd medicine, the lot of us would be, but if it works then no point trying t'fix it." There was a moment where it looked as if she wanted to ask something, but Runali decided against it and instead let out a small 'huff' before teasing, "Didn't know you knew what the word 'admonish' meant. But, you're right, nothing's scarier than an upset Z. She's got needles and knows how to use them." She couldn't help but shudder, remembering the last time she did something reckless and upset the doctor.

"Oh. Right. Enough of the, uh, solemn." Runali still felt a bit restless, but combated the fidgeting with placing her hands behind her back and heel turning to face Luro. "I never mentioned. I planned to mention... I wanted to-" Runali looked away from him for a brief moment, making a face off to the side, "I suppose I panicked," She wasn't entirely happy admitting that part but she carried on, relaxing again. "In Jaipur, traditions are... important. And one of those traditions is to give gifts to those you'd wish to, y'know marry." Quickly she held a hand up. "Please, don't take this as me asking for gifts- gods- I don't need things. I don't even think I want things." She relaxed more and sat on the edge of the ship, resting her head in one hand. "We're on a ship. I don't have space to put things." Her brow furrowed as she obviously lost her train of thought. "Besides, it's usually farm aids. I don't need that. I remember when the neighbor's son was given animals and frankly that's ridiculous. Who needs seven…" Her words trailed off into her home language as she rambled out loud. It wasn't until Coral gave an annoyed chirp at her noise did she stop. "Anyway, it's not me asking for gifts. It's me… uh, explaining a little bit more about Jaipur. More than I thought you'd ever really need to know... To be fair though, giving gifts- whatever they may be, usually has some importance behind it." She gestured over to him. "The rifle strap meant more than just a parting gift. So did all the other things. It's a symbol of…" She paused, looking it over for a second. "Trust. Maybe loyalty? I dunno for sure, but something in that realm." Running fingers through her hair she sighed and then let out a small laugh.

"Or maybe it's just her declaring you all as family. Point is, besides learning a fun fact, I've thought about it and… I don't really need anything from you. You've proven many times over that your…our bond runs deep- more times than you've tried and failed to break it. And I still think you're absolutely mad, but," Runali had been resting her head in her hands, but sat up at this point. "Like I said before, you're pretty much stuck with me. Might as well make it official." She offered a sheepish smile, "That is, if you still want to of course." There was a pause and before he could answer she pointed an accusing finger at him. "Oi, that doesn't mean you're off the hook with getting me new eyepatches. You owe me that." With a small huff and another smile she shrugged. "But I s'pose I can let the crown thing go…"

Luro wanted to comment that Z had taught him the word but felt now wasn't the time to explain that, he was more interested in what the Captain was sharing with him. He ended up leaning forward a bit as she explained more about Jaipur, giving a small nod here and there, a tilt of the head at the notion of giving her gifts. He wasn't entirely sure where Runali was going with all of this. She didn't want gifts but gifts were important? Luro brought a fist to the side of his head lightly tapping it as she tried to piece together the message in-between her words that was eluding him.

Though he was still lost at what the Captain was getting at he ran his hand over the strap given to him. He could tell it was a sincere action by Daya, he didn't say it out loud but he cherished it, it had a strange warmth to it he couldn't explain. It was one of the few gifts given to him without some catch to it, he smiled a little running his fingers over it before moving his rifle to his back as Runali continued explaining.
"Haha well if you still accept me knowing I'm not all here I can't ask for much better Captain," Luro said with a small smile.
What Runali said next however caused him to pause his whole body tensing; Luro's eyes widened a bit as he stared at her in silence, his brain slowly forming the words in his head, and putting meaning to them causing him to jump and raising his hands as everything clicked into place.
"Eh! You're saying yes Captain! Ahahahaha that's great!"
Luro grinned from ear to ear, almost hugging Runali to try and share the warmth spreading through his entire being but stopped mid step, partially at the point and the other part at a thought that suddenly emerged.
He pulled back slowly and brought a hand to his chin as he stared at the Captain, his mouth forming a thin line and his brow furrowing slightly before he closed his eyes. A troubled expression adorning his features as he lost himself in thought. Something about this didn't feel right, he was happy, absolutely ecstatic his heart felt like it was going to literally fly out of his body and he felt like his feet weren't touching the ground…but there was something in his chest that screamed at him. The Captain had given him so much, trusted him when no one else did, he could never repay all she did even devoting his life to her he knew that, but he wanted to give her something she wanted too.
"…no…I'll give you a gift," Luro said opening his eyes.
With a grin he pointed to the top of his head.
"I owe you a crown. So my present to you will be helping you be the king. That'll be my marriage gift to you. For all you've done for me…I want to give you at least that. Also..it'll give me an excuse not to go getting myself killed…well another reason. Whaddya think Captain. I do want to keep with your traditions at least a little as I don't have many myself, that and I think it'd be a funny story when mom and pops ask what I got you."
Luro pat his chest.
"I mean I'm not going anywhere anyway right? No rush."

1nczXaE.png

Q8NvlXr.png

Time: Late at Night, End of First Watch (Present)
Ocean

Luro was constantly full of surprises, but at his declaration, he was met with a laugh and a nod. His excitement was something she really couldn't say no too- nor was his declaration. He had a habit of being contagiously excited and full of surprises. Runali pushed her hair out of her face, looking up at the sky. "You're drivin' a hard bargain Luro." She laughed lightly. "But… can't say no to that. I'm sure my mother will be thrilled and my father will have a heart attack." She took a deep breath and smiled. "You're right. You'll be here. No rush at all."

Runali turned and started to call to Coral so they could take refuge in her cabin the rest of the night, but an eerie fog began to creep in, too sudden to be normal. As it did, silence followed. The sounds of the waves vanished nor did their footsteps didn't make a sound on the wooden deck. "Luro…" Her voice broke through as she said his name with a warning tone, telling him to get ready for whatever was happening.

Typically when it grew cold, especially as cold as it had just become, it was easy to see one's breath in front of them. However, the moment Runali spoke, it felt soul stealing. She put a hand to her chest when it felt as if tightened and took another step back. She swore she could hear the soft murmur of voices around her, but no matter where she looked all she could see was fog. In a strained whisper, Runali's voice wavered, oddly weak. "Do you hear that?"

For Luro, things did get silent and the fog was definitely more abnormal… at least by Luro's standards. He'd hear Runali's call and her question, but when it looked as if she started to say something else, she had gotten completely silent too. The fog began to obscure the area between them a little more, but stopped when Coral quickly flew to his shoulder, obviously ruffled by whatever was happening. She let out a short but loud chirp at the captain, but Runali didn't seem to be paying attention anymore. Her gaze was somewhere else.

"Ah, apologies for interruptin' this… heartwarmin' moment. But it's been awhile don't ya think, Makachi?"

~~~~~~

In the same moment, below deck for every other Stardusk, they were lulled awake by the familiar call of their captain. At least, that's what they heard.
"I need you up for watch!"
"Rise and shine!"
"You're gonna miss breakfast."
"The dead'll be up before you are."

They all heard different things, but they could all be sure it was Runali coaxing them out of their rooms and above deck. The moment each of the Stardusk woke and as they made their way above, they'd fall into the same fate as Luro. Everything was completely silent except their own voices. The animals on the ship stuck close to people, uneasy by the fog. And the moment it became harder to see the deck below, Chester and Chaos took refuge on shoulders. Amidst the fog, they could see each other and they could see Runali a few paces away but looking somewhere else.

And then a new voice appeared.

"Aye, hope ya don't mind the late wake up call! I was just strollin' around. Heard some things happenin' and thought I'd drop by. Say hello… and uh, collect a few things."

The voice was deep enough to be felt. It rumbled and caused the ocean waves to stir. The cats puffed up at the sound, but immediately cowered back. Coral, still on Luro's shoulder, ruffled her feathers and ducked her head down.

In the fog, the outline of a figure appeared, obscuring Runali. It was tall, broad and imposing as it got closer. Despite the stature of the person, their footsteps never made a sound, fitting the rest of the scene. It wasn't until the fog began to clear and a ragged boot broke from it, did sound break through. Stepping with a hard thump, the wood creaked under the weight. The fog cleared out even more, surrounding the ship instead, and revealing the imposing figure. A gruff looking man with a dirty beard and more traditional looking black and gray pirate clothing- albeit with bits of coral protruding here and there- stood before them. With a lazy wave of his hand, a cigar manifested from the fog nearby and he grabbed it before placing it between his lips. There was another moment of silence as he took a long drag, creating more fog as he blew out smoke.

"Now, I'd say it's nice ta see some familiar faces, but," His eyes flickered over to Alicia and Luro, examining them over before raising a brow at the rest. "Seems like I'll need ta reintroduce m'self." He gave a booming chuckle that made the ship lurch to a stop. And then, he sat down. To the Stardusk, he sat on nothing, but the way his posture relaxed it seemed as if he was in a throne chair. "Nice ta meet ya fine folks. Not quite the Stardusk I remember but that… charm's still there. I can practically smell it on ya. Lev sure knows how ta pick 'em. And you two," He nodded his head towards Alicia and Luro. "You've gotten… stronger. I s'pose you're takin' that quality life advice, good good." Despite his jolly greeting, there was an air of intimidation that was around him. "I'm sure you've heard of me, the ever notorious, legendary pirate, name that strikes fear in the hearts of many, Davy Jones. Ah yes, hold your applause. Thank you, thank you. I know, you're all big fans. I'm flattered, truly. I love a good look of shock and disbelief. But before ya go ramblin' about how this is a dream and I ain't real I'll tell ya, this is as real as the day you were born. Those two," He waved a hand at Alicia and Luro. "Can attest. So, like I said, it's nice ta meet ya. Let's see… Sara Masuma, Jack Kunal, Cedrc Langely, Zilia Vilimar, and…" His brow raised towards the navigator. By the looks of it, he had to think a little harder to find the name. "Mikchail Arcadius. Peculiar one." He gave a dismissive wave and gestured behind him. "Ah, right, don't worry about that captain of yours. I gotta discuss a few… business matters. Owed dues and debts, y'know, nothing out of the ordinary."

Last edited:
1574133556642.png
Up, up, chef. You missed breakfast time.

Jack snapped up in his cot, sprawling cats in an alarmed puff of fur. He never missed a meal! Jack whipped around, ready to apologize to the captain, but he didn't see her. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and blinked around. "Captain?" he murmured. The rest of the crew roused too. Glancing out of a porthole, there was only pitch blackness. Suspicion stirred until he heard Runali's voice again, calling them all to the deck. Jack pulled on his boots and trudged up behind Kadi.

"Do you know if something happened?" asked Jack to the navigator, when they entered a field of fog.

Taking Chaos into his arms, Jack fell towards his brother as they looked around, unable to see part his arm length. He stayed a step ahead of Cedric, two steps to the side, a familiar fighting stance they used. Jack attacked first while blocking his brother from sight so the summoner could attack out of their enemy's focus. It was an old habit. He didn't realize he'd done it until he glanced over his shoulder. This doesn't sit right with me, his face told his brother.

His suspicions were answered when they met a hulking shadow. Jack squinted, barely making Luro out standing next to an unfamiliar silhouette. The voice rattled his bones. Chaos scrambled to Jack's shoulders, digging in her claws as she hid under his dreadlocks. He bit his tongue to stop from yelping. His skin turned degrees paler as their mysterious ghost revealed himself. By the Gods... Davy Jones. He didn't doubt this was a dream, not after his crew's countless recountings of meeting the dreaded specter when they'd died. Instantly, the hairs on his neck stood on end. A shiver crawled up Jack's spine and he reached out to steady himself, using Cedric's shoulder. The younger brother felt the shake in his grip.

Of all the haunts to follow Stardusk, this was the one I'd hope never to meet. Is he really undead? Ghosts don't look so...solid. Oh gods.... Fear crept into his got with a cold, clawing hand ready to snatch his own soul, destine him to wander a thankless plain of existence. He stood petrified. He would have remained so, if he hadn't notice the lack of their captain. Where is Runali? Forcibly, Jack looked at Davy Jones and focused on what he said.

Reluctantly, Jack spoke up first with an obvious tremor. "What dues do you plan to collect? If you don't mind me asking. Do you plan to take our captain somewhere?"

1574255840419.png

A small smile found its way onto Luro's face but as he opened his mouth he felt something shift in the air. He wasn't entirely sure what it was but whatever came forward had stolen the sound of the sea with its presence. Luro's hand was already lingering near his rifle as the Captain called him, offering a nod understanding what she intended to say. This fog wasn't natural, he could feel it in his bones, just opening his mouth he felt like something might get pulled out of him causing him to close his mouth and hesitate before responding.
"I hear somethin' Captain."
That was all Luro could offer in response as reached out for anything within the fog, something to recognize or even feel. He wondered if the Court had returned but somehow this was different. Something about this feeling was familiar yet foreign, his hands felt clammy and he lowered his body slightly as his eyes scanned the fog. He took slow careful breaths and just as he started to relax a voice penetrated the fog, he recognized it and slowly he lowered his arm back to his side and straightened up relaxing a bit, he couldn't see him but it was hard to forget that voice.
"Well I think we've almost met again a few times already. Didn't think it'd be like this though."

Luro turned to look back at the others when they made it above deck, his gaze lingering on Alicia for a bit longer before he turned back towards the fog. When Davy himself stepped out into the open his hand twitched slightly seeing the man's visage. For a brief moment he wondered if it was another illusion, or some manner of trick. He knew it wasn't but there was a tiny part of him that expected it, seeing the man in front of him destroyed that tiny doubt.
Luro glanced sideways as Lady Luck stopped, his eyes moving to the sails which were doing their job, just the force of nature in front of them wanted the ship to stop so it did.
At Davy's words he looked back at everyone for a moment, holding a hand up as a greeting before looking back at Jones. The man still had the same air about him and at the mention of strength Luro grinned and pat his chest a bit puffing it out slightly.
"Why thank ya DJ I've been workin' hard. I'm nowhere near where Alicia's at though. You should go a round with her sometime, that'd be a sight to see."
Crossing his arms Luro looked over at Alicia before motioning back at the others as Davy motioned towards the two of them.
"The Captain's gone and vanished so…maybe we should explain a bit."
Luro looked back at the others and motioned to Davy Jones.
"DJ is quite real or rather Davy Jones is. I think we mentioned it before but we met him the first time we died and got a free pass to come back…but only once. He has a really great ship called the Albatross. Alicia, Captain and myself are the only ones left from that incident so it's nice you guys get to meet him without dying! Shame you can't meet his sister Lily though."
Luro motioned to Alicia.
"You remember Lily right Alicia, the one who kissed you…the other one who kissed you...I think …was she the third one? Actually thinking about it a lot of people kissed you back then but she was the lass-"
Luro blinked before touching his cheek for a moment and taking a small step away from her.
"I forgot you hit me after that…actually I don't remember why you hit me I didn't do anything."
He started to say something else but stopped after two things, the first was the look on Jack's face and the second was what Davy himself had said, something that Jack also seemed to pick up on. He looked back at Davy Jones for a moment and gently pet Coral realizing she was on edge right now. Thinking about it he'd be lying if he said he felt nothing towards seeing Jones again, but the feeling permeating through his body was a familiar one he fought with daily, that kept it from overtaking him. Luro looked back at the others for a moment before looking back at Davy as he also wanted an answer to Jack's question.
"I'm with Jack here. We haven't exactly died yet DJ. I mean we got real close recently but the Captain of all people hasn't cut it that close. Cedric, myself and Alicia sure but the Captain's fine. The only time we've been to the other side was in the Undersea dealing with the Drowned King, who seems to dislike you by the way, so I'm a little confused why you're coming after the Captain."

1574255619188.png

"This can't be real..
Zilia had awoken to Runali informing her that Luro was waving a severed arm around again.
After climbing out of her books she quickly made her way top deck only to be welcomed by fog and soon after the appearance of someone she had hoped to never see. All thoughts faded from her mind and her whole body went numb at the very sight of the man. She took a long deep breath trying to steady herself but it did little to assuage her worries. Then he spoke and Zilia felt it reverberate through her body, which was enough for her to realize very quickly that this was real.
Zilia felt her legs give out and she fell to her knees onto the cold wooden floor, her blood ran cold and she struggled to breathe afraid it'd be snatched away at a moment notice. She couldn't stop shaking and she hugged herself to try and stop the dread pouring through her body threatening to overtake all of her senses.
She had heard many tales of Davy Jones, of a monster with rows of teeth and a pointed tail, of a woman with the devil's smile, a creature whose form constantly twists and turns the more you gaze upon it. Her patients in their last moments would stare over her shoulder with wide eyes full of fear, and mutter something under their breath. This man in front of them may have been the last thing their eyes saw and in one moment she understood that look of terror. It wasn't death that shook them to their core, it was who took them.
None of the stories compared to the real thing.

Nothing she wanted to move responded, she only twitched in response when her name was called involuntary.
Zilia managed to place trembling hands on the deck of the ship after some effort and tried to climb back to her feet. This was different than before, she was able to mentally prepare when they went to the undersea, this…nothing was right about this, there was no time to react, no time to do anything but just accept that it was there and there was nothing to be done about it. Grabbing onto Sara's shirt she managed to get back to her feet raising a hand in apology once she could stand on two legs. She didn't let go of the woman however knowing without some manner of support she'd fall again. She didn't want to look directly at the man so she focused on Luro's back still trying to figure out how they were speaking to him. She had to applaud Jack for even being able to speak, her hands wouldn't stop shaking so she made no attempt to even reach for her notebook.
"For Death will wear the guise of man when he walks among us."
Zilia swallowed something down her grip tightening a bit more as she tried to stop herself from shaking. Old words echoed in her head and she pushed it down knowing she'd lose it if she let her thoughts drift too far.
"I don't know what he wants with the Captain…but this isn't a normal issue. Please…please handle it with Civility and Grace…Alicia…anyone except Luro please talk to him!"

Attachments

• 1574255780156.png
    1574255780156.png
    141.5 KB · Views: 1
EVksKxp.png

oooOOO A few days after Trovale OOOooo

Alicia was sat alone in her room, having sought some time to herself after how insistent Sara had been lately in ensuring she had everything she needed. She'd lost count of how many times she'd told her she was fine and while that wasn't exactly the truth she almost believed she was made of glass given how careful Sara was being around her. She wasn't the only one either, it seemed it hadn't gone unnoticed that the swordswoman had been left weakened after the event.

Honestly she hadn't expected to be here, broken spiritually and left weakened after the events that'd happened in the wake of Cedric's summon. With everything she'd done in the past and with all the lessons learned she didn't imagine she'd survive siphoning such a heavy influx of chaos and still be among the living. Not that she was ungrateful, but it'd be a while before she'd get over it all and accept things for how they are. 'Treat everyday like a gift, that is why it is called the present' her father would say.

Exhaling out a breath she closed her eyes as she prepared to mediate on things, to dispel the collecting fog and find clarity where he mind was falling heavy from running through the event over and over again. Her brow furrowed, her heart rate quickening as the darkness filling her vision faded away to bring her back to that moment one more time.

oooOOO A few days earlier, Anneau de Fleurs, 2nd Floor OOOooo

The blue hummingbird spread it's wings wide above her as the swirling dark and chaos manifested before her, twisting angrily. The dome of light fell over the area and a moment later everything suddenly came to a stop as if the world had frozen in time.

A look of confusion spread across Alicia's features, her eyes moving across the still movements of her friends and those they had met along the way. Even the vortex had paused, suspended in time as it no longer swirled or lashed out with threats of bringing death to those closest to it.

"I thought we might talk one last time before we see this through to the bitter end." Anduin spoke as he appeared before her, the tall handsome spirit with piercing blue eyes and pale features smiled warmly before offering his hand out to her. She took it, stepping away from her position, sweeping her gaze over the paused scene before looking back towards him. "Are you? how?" she questioned, causing the spirit to give an inward chuckle in response.

"Worry not, we are merely in a moment outside of time. I had only the strength to do this once and given what we're facing, now is as good a time as any." he responded, letting go of her hand before smiling down at her. "So here we are again, yet another test to your resolve against the hand of death. Had I not known you better I'd dare say you were inclined to put yourself at deaths doorstep." he spoke as he looked around, placing his hands upon his hips.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to squander your gift... I just, I can not bare the thought of not acting when one of my crew... my friends are in peril." she held her arm in her hand, feeling a small amount of guilt at his words, looking down towards the ground for a moment. "Why apologise?" her replied causing her to look back up to see he was still smiling warmly.

"Do you know why I gifted you a second chance at life?" the question was rhetorical. "It wasn't because of your ambition or your capacity to wield great strength, nor was it your charm or your looks. I did it because you have a certain quality I find to be rare, a trait found wanting in all but the most pure." he continued, tilting his head to see if Alicia would grasp it for herself first.

"Altruism." he eventually revealed. "I looked into your past, into every struggle and into every moment you faced adversity, I almost always saw you willing to put yourself in harms way for the sake of another. It is a flaw as much as it is a merit to your personality, but it is that selflessness that compelled me to see you return to the world, for I believed there was much more good you had yet to do."

Alicia wasn't really sure how to respond to that, her brow furrowing a little as she looked back towards the swirling dark suspended in time. "Some would call it recklessness, or overconfidence." she replied, earning yet another chuckle from the spirit. "And they would be correct, but that doesn't tarnish your good nature Alicia, be proud of it. But, I must say you do need to value yourself a little more."

She looked a little taken aback by that, prompting him to elaborate. "Selflessness is a nice enough quality, but you must remember that you are not the only one in the world capable of solving problems. Look around you." he motioned towards the others gathered around, locked in time. "You have friends, no... a family of people who would just as readily die for you as you would for them. Don't assume to throw your life away before you've given them the chance to help you find another way."

A pause lingered for a moment before she gave a slow nod, "I... you're right." she replied. "I suppose I let my fear of losing them push me to react a certain way, becoming desperate at times to solve the problem immediately." she added before smiling a little, "I'll try not to let that happen."

"Just trust them a little more, I think you'll be surprised to see what others are capable of when given the chance to shine." he grinned before turning towards the scene awaiting the return to the flow of time. "It's going to hurt isn't it." Alicia spoke, causing Anduin to glance down at her sideways before nodding. "Aye, it will. But we mustn't linger any longer I'm afraid. I'll be unable to hold this moment for much longer. Come, let's see this to the end together."

He walked with her back to her position, the swordswoman assuming her previous spot between Cedric and the vortex before raising her arms to ready herself to complete the siphon. Anduin smiled and nodded before he stepped back. "Thank you, Anduin."

"The pleasure was always mine."

oooOOO A few days after Trovale, Alicia's room OOOooo

Alicia's silver eyes opened, slightly wet albeit with a smile on her features as she recalled what'd happened. She owed it to him to heed his advice and work to take care of herself a little better from now on. For everything he'd given her, she could do that much at least. Alicia stood from her seated position upon a cushion at the center of her room before heading towards her door, feeling like some fresh air might do her some good considering she was still recovering. With a deep breath she placed her hand upon the door handle, stepping out and closing it behind her as she made her way towards the deck, it was probably a good idea to check on the others. Weakened or not there was always a chance someone was getting themselves into trouble, more than likely Luro but it was always a guessing game when it came to this crew.

oooOOO Present day OOOooo

'Alicia come quick!'

Her eyes opened before she sat herself up, her brow furrowing as she gave a small yawn before climbing out of bed and getting dressed. "On my way." she called back, tying her sword to her side before she began making her way up to where the others were, stopping short when she felt the presence of something familiar, something she hadn't felt for many years but could never forget. She stepped up beside Luro, shrugging off the bite of the cold as best she could as she folded her arms, watching as the harbinger of souls himself stepped out of the fog to greet them as if they were his long time friends.

Ever quiet as she usually was she waited and listened, noticing quickly that Ru wasn't around, which bothered her to no small amount given the importance of this visit. She didn't have to imagine her absence had something to do with their guest but considering she wasn't here it would fall to her to step in on her behalf till she returned. "It has certainly been a while, you'll have to forgive the crew for their caution to your presence. Your visits aren't often a sign of good tidings." she eventually spoke up, her eyes moving from Jack to Luro before settling onto Davy. "In the absence of our captain, I would ask you discuss any debts you have with this crew with me."

Collab between @Winter and @Fox of Hearts

1573872466084-png.187262

EVksKxp.png

"Meow," Chester remarked lazily.

The cat stretched. His mouth opened wide. He circled around the woman meditating on the deck. Chester relaxed and curled up close by. His own eyes closing in meditative contemplation. He rumbled.

A lone green eye cracked open at the sound of soft footfalls. He closed his eye again pretending to ignore his summoner. Cedric looked faintly amused. He placed a tray in front of the first mate and sat down across from her so she would see him the moment she opened her eyes. He didn't need to wait long. "Good morning, Alicia. It's rare to see you without Ms Masu these days."

He poured out two cups of fruity spiced tea. Two hands lifted the delicate cup off the tray and held them out to Alicia. "It's a special autumn blend. Chaos stole a pouch full before we left Trovale."

"She's a natural thief." He remarked off-handedly. His smile warmed gradually. The next thing he offered her was a jar of honey and a small wooden spoon. "I remember you like your tea plain but honey makes this particular tea taste better. Give it a try!"

Silver eyes opened as a world of light and colour faded within her mind to return to her corporeal form, a sensation she doubted she'd ever fully become accustomed too. The sun had made itself scarce, having fallen over the horizon to leave darkness in its absence, stars piercing though the sky accompanied with a gentle breeze that lifted the white fibres of Alicia's hair caught in the moonlight.

"Good evening." she replied softly, albeit in a tone gentler than usual. She reached a hand down towards Chester to stroke behind his ear a little before reaching to accept the offered tea, inclining her head in thanks. She rose the cup to her lips, giving a small blow on the rim before sampling the hot water.

"It's quite lovely, I fear you may be in competition with my youngest sister for brewing fine tea." she smiled with a modicum of amusement in her expression. "She's taken it upon herself to see to it none other might best her in brewing tea refined to my tastes." she added, wondering for a moment how Hanako is doing in her absence and reminding herself to withhold recent events from her, lest she worry.

"But you didn't come out here just to bring me tea. You've been avoiding me Cedric, though I am not sure why." she added as she placed the cup down in her lap, held neatly between both of her hands as she watched him to await a response.

Cedric shivered feeling oddly exposed. His long hair was gone so the breeze was able to caress. He carded his shortened strands out of habit. Jack helped him style his hair earlier that evening. It was now shaped into a medium bob that barely reached his collar. Only his long fringe remained as per his (persistent) request. Sid wished to hide the faint scars spidering down the right side of his jaw. If his fére had his way, Cedric was certain his fringe would be the first thing to go.

Purple eyes blinked slowly. The apprentice summoner remembered Alicia's eyes being a pleasant burnt citron. Cold stones sank in his stomach the longer he looked into those eyes. He wondered if their paleness was due to her illness. He squashed that thought immediately and put on an easy smile. Quickly, Sid exploited an earlier topic instead of answering Alicia's latest question. "Youngest sister?" he asked politely. "I thought you had only one blooded sister, the other Lady Tashigi. Captain said her name was Satia."

He listened politely to her explanation before adding a single comment towards the end. "Sounds like our siblings will be good friends. I wonder if we can pull them out of the kitchen once they start cooking together."

He laughed. Some of his uneasiness faded away but the prickling feeling returned quickly when he caught a glimpse of those silvery eyes and Alicia's hunched shoulders. This tiredness didn't suit his image of Alicia. She was always so strong.

"I didn't want to cause any unpleasantness. Ms Masu has been fussing and I dread being on the receiving end of her ire." He leaned against the railing and stared into the brightening sky. "Being in a relationship is complicated. Their feelings and moods are intertwined with yours. If she's upset, you would be affected in one way or another."

A strange sensation settled in the back of his mind. He wondered briefly if his feelings were more confused than he realised. He pushed it away. "I'm sorry," he said finally. He could have said a lot more but he felt there wasn't any need to. He didn't know why. He sensed she could tell exactly what was troubling him.

He lived a lonely life. Interacting with few save his most important people. He enjoyed his freedom since he was hardly ever indebted to someone else. Jack's kindness would already take him a whole lifetime to return. He crossed his arms unconsciously as his disquiet grew.

It's a pity I can only sacrifice myself once as repayment. He thought morosely. He toyed with the idea of giving up his life for Alicia instead. He was fairly confident that he could repay Jack in a different way.

Alicia was nothing of not patient, raising both her hands to raise the cup to her lips as she closed her eyes and listened to his response. The tea itself was quite nice and did well to ease the torrent angrily twisting within the depths of her soul.

She gave a single nod, "Satia is indeed my other sister and blood relative, Hanako however is my adopted sister. I don't tend to make the distinction however, she is family to me all the same." she replied.

She set the cup back down in front of her as Cedric continued, her features hardening slightly as her brows furrowed slightly. "You insult me." she replied in a tone more firm than before. "To apologise is to assume responsibility over my choice and that was not yours to make." she gave him a hard stare for a moment before exhaling, tilting her head back slightly to observe the blanket of stars above them.

"What I did was done because you are part of this crew, both myself and Runali are prepared to do what we must to ensure you and the others who call themselves Stardusk survive." she looked back towards him, the moonlight reflecting in the silver of her eyes. "But more than that, you're my friend... and I would readily give my own life to see yours spared."

"I require no payment for that, neither did I expect any upon making my decision." her features softened once more. "So please, do not apologise. The consequences of my choices are mine to deal with, regardless of the result."

Alicia's rebuke caused his eyes to widen in shock. Cedric sat there dumbly unable to find the appropriate words in response. A frown began creasing his brows. The certainty in his voice stirred feelings he never experienced before.

He fiddled with the spoon in the honey jar. He should say something but wasn't Jack. His fére always knew what to do at times like this. "You're too selfless, Alicia. It's ..."

He debated between the two different messages that could have been said. The words just weren't as poetic in Common. It's a pity. He lamented. He rolled the spoon around making ripples in the smooth honey surface. Was he coming of as nervous? He wondered.

I need to rectify that image. He chided himself. He became a little too self conscious knowing that the lull was dragging. "I never met someone like you before."

It was a lame conclusion but he realised his other words might not be so appropriate. The message wouldn't be taken well by someone already attached. He blinked. He really ought to steal some of Jack's novels. Common still wasn't his preferred language. There were so many subtleties he struggled with. Things he wished he could express as easily in this language.

He refilled Alicia's cup and added an appropriate amount of honey. He gazed up at the stars looking for inspiration. He didn't find any. "How are you really? I noticed you haven't recovered yet."

He allowed his concern to seep into his words. There were so many things he had become hyper aware about the first mate over the three weeks. He wondered how much of it was motivated by guilt. Another part of him wondered about something else. "Sorry if I'm intruding," he backtracked a little while trying to gauge her comfort or discomfort at his question. "I wondered. You didn't seem happy. You appear tired and lost."

It wouldn't have been the first time she'd be accused of altruism. To some it was a noble trait worth merit, to others it was a fault that conveyed a naivety and immaturity. She didn't much care for which one people took as their opinion, to her it was simply who she was. Her mother never hesitated to face danger if it meant protecting those she cared for or those who lacked the ability to protect themselves and she wished to follow that example, to embrace it. In the end if you couldn't give your all for your friends, then what were you even fighting for other than yourself.

"I'm dying." Alicia replied simply with a small sigh. "The chaos I filtered out of your life force is fighting to overwhelm and consume my soul, if it succeeds I will most certainly perish." she added before offering a small smile, picking up the newly filled cup and holding it for is warmth. "It is a simple matter of waiting to see if my spirit can overcome the affliction and absorb the chaos. It seems I won't be without scars however, I'm sure you've noticed by now my change in eye colour."

"It was claimed during the Syphoning and it'd likely have taken my hair colour had It not already been white. Till we discover which side will win, I'll likely remain weak and vulnerable, unable to access my power or connection to the world. Honestly, I hadn't expected to survive at all, so I'm rather pleased that I can still at least be here to enjoy conversation and hot tea." she softly laughed. "Whatever may be, I have no regrets. And otherwise I'm quite alright so you needn't worry... although I can see why that might be difficult considering what I just said."

Cedric stood up and draped his jacket over Alicia's shoulders. The winds have gotten a lot colder, making him think that rain was on the horizon. He scanned the sky. Not a cloud was in the sky at the moment. Definitely odd. "I - I mean we won't let you die so easily." He amended mid speech. He hoped she'd attribute the swap to his unfamiliarity with their shared language.

A small summoning card burned in his hand warming up the air between them. He allowed the flames to continue and the shadows swirled around the flame like dark moths. They wove together forming a pin. Spreading from the pin were silvery grey stars. The light extinguished and the finished ornament fell into his open palm.

"A small replacement for your rose," he explained. "And also a symbol of the promise. You will be okay."

He waited for her to accept the pin before standing up. He offered her his hand. "It's almost first watch and people will be milling around. I rather like my privacy. Would you like to head below deck with me?"

She didn't bother explaining that it was beyond anything anyone could do for her, thinking it would be more a comfort to let him think there was more to be done that might stave off the lingering hand of death.

She instead watched with curiosity as he summoned forth a hairpin, smiling as she accepted it graciously before allowing herself a moment to inspect the rather beautiful piece. "Thank you, I'll be sure to use it often." She replied, pulling the jacket around her shoulders before steadily climbing to her feet with his help which she gratefully accepted now that moving had become something which took her a lot more effort now.

"Of course. It seems I've overstayed my welcome anyway, the air is less kind to me at the moment." she replied with amusement in her tone before turning to head inside.

"I'll gift you a real one someday. The next port should have what I need."

Cedric followed slowly and respectfully behind. He planned to catch her if she stumbled but he wasn't going to hamper her. He didn't want any misunderstanding to happen between Alicia and Sara. "I'm surprised the air was less kind. You, the one who controls the wind." He jested.

As they passed the darkened kitchen, Sid's steps slowed. "Would you like to join me for a simple dinner or retire to your room? My cooking isn't Jack's but we won't die. He made sure I remember that chicken is never served medium rare."

Her movements were slower than usual, as if she were in a state of constant exhaustion. She'd bring a hand to her mouth and cough, a small white glow following before fading into the dark of the night. "That sounds lovely, although please don't overspend for me. You'll want a retirement fund after all." She replied with an amused smile.

"As for the wind, it doesn't recognise me anymore due to my affliction. While I remain cut off, it's doubtful the element will heel to my call."

The elements behaviour was much like an animal in that respect, behaving as if it didn't know her or she were someone else entirely. Until her soul recovered it would likely remain that way, something she hadn't anticipated... then again she hadn't expected to still be alive at all.

She stopped and turned, thinking back to the last time she ate before giving a small single nod. "I'd like that, besides I should probably eat to maintain what strength I have. At least Zilia will tell me as much." She started to softly laugh before breaking into another cough. "Ugh, forgive me. It would seem my body is in disagreement to my poor humour." she added, maintaining her tired amused expression.

"Don't worry about it. I think some food and rest will do you some good," he offered with one of his rare smiles. "Jack taught me this soup recipe once. Let's see if I can remember it."

He brushed away a stray lock from her face and apologised immediately. He paused for a long time to gauge her reaction. Feeling a little reassured, he took her hand and pulled her into the darkened kitchen. "Sit for a bit. Food should be ready soon. I'll steal some of Jack's prep for breakfast tomorrow."

Good Mornight, Davy

1573872466084-png.187262

"Time for your watch." Runali's voice called, shattering the illusion of sleep.

Cedric burrowed deeper into his blankets and screwed his eyes shut. He had checked his pocket watch the moment she called. It certainly wasn't time! He had three more hours. Sid rolled onto his side and pretended to be fast asleep. He hoped his silence would deter the good captain. He wouldn't be surprised if she didn't give up. Ms Lev could be very insistent if she wanted to.

Runali's shrill voice rippled the tranquility again. Cedric ignored her for the second time. He would have gladly remained in bed if two things hadn't happened simultaneously - Chester landing on his barely healed stomach and Jack exiting the bedroom beside his. Sid's eyes shot open. Que se passe-t-il! Ne savent-ils pas le temps? (what the hell! don't they know what time it is?)

Merde! Why was his brother entertaining their captain when he should be asleep? He frowned. Ms Vilimar stated very clearly that Jack wasn't to be on night watch until his night vision stabilised. The younger brother cursed under his breath. He hated being the person to drag his big brother's excitable ass back to bed. Seriously, those two have no sense of time and place!

He grabbed his jacket, his summoning cards and the tanto. He figured he might as well offer to take over the next three watches after he forced Jack to sleep. He doubt he'd get any himself. He was simply too wound up thanks to Jack.

"Fére, remets ton cul désolé au lit. Tes yeux ne sont pas guéris." (Brother, go back to bed. You're not fully healed yet.)

His words were swallowed by the fog. Sid pursed his lips not liking how his senses were dulled by this suffocating shroud. He stepped back as an unpleasant chill pricked his gut. This sensation unlocked traumatising memories of his encounter with the wolf. He had pushed into a corner by a willy opponent. He lost the fight even before it began.

Sid's breath hitched. Darker emotions tainted that fear and it dragged him down further. He shrank back and he started removing himself from the group. He needed to get out of here and return to his room. He was getting desperate. He broke his eye contact with Jack a little too quickly. He was so lost in the past that he didn't even notice they were within arm's reach. He was completely alone.

"Meow?" Chester's demanded.

His summoner's eyes blinked stupidly for a moment. Cedric stumbled forward drunkenly but he managed to thrust a foot out in time. He breathed a sigh of relief. He was glad no one noticed him spacing out for a moment there. He doubted he could live down Jack teasing him about it. Ever. He swallowed. He must have been ...

He's so pathetic.

Green cat eyes peered sympathetically into his. Chester nuzzled him gently on the cheek then pushed him away. The action was oddly caring for such a snobbish cat. Cedric couldn't help blinking stupidly again. The little lion rolled his eyes and leaped off his perch.

"Chester, attendez!" he gasped. (Chester, wait!)

Sid watched his familiar strode purposefully towards their unearthly visitor. His majesty sat in front of Davy Jones and cocked his. All traces of the faux fear in melted away in an instant. There was an eerie wisdom in that feline face far exceeded a human's lifetime. Chester hissed.

The master stumbled towards his cat in blind panic but a shaking hand stilled his steps. Cedric blinked in surprise. "Fére?" he whispered.

Jack's presence centred him again. Sid gave that hand a grateful squeeze, an action that went largely ignored. Jack was somewhat calmer now that he noticed something even more worrying. Cedric's eyes narrowed. Oh! He realised that they were a person short.

His gaze mirrored Chester's. Green and purple stares honed in on that ghastly face. They shared similar looks of disdain upon hearing the reaper's words. Instinctively, Sid glanced at Alicia and Sara in turn. He watched Sara even more closely than before. Was Ms Masu thinking the same thing?

"Dont-il des dettes? Priez pour ceux qui sont ici." He countered. He tried to make eye contact with Jack to press his point. With the yellow eyes firmly on him, he tilted his head slowly towards Luro then to Alicia. Them. Worry about them, frère. (And whose debt is he collecting? We should worry about those standing here and not just our captain.)

It wasn't like he didn't care about their leader. He had spared her a passing thought or two. Right now, they had a bigger problem. One which only Luro seemed to have caught on. He sighed and he stared at the first mate again. He wondered she realised she was the one in greatest danger. He really hated knowing the truth of her actual situation. It worried him endlessly.

He clenched and unclenched his fists nervously but he refused to say a word. At least, not in Common. He guessed he was better off observing this intruder closely. Undead or not, every person … thing, supposed contract … has an exploitable weakness. He couldn't fathom why any (supernatural) creditor would even want to deal with people like the Stardusk. This crew didn't strike him as people likely to uphold their end of a unfavourable bargain. They exploited situations and not the other way around.

Chester rumbled loudly to cut into the conversation after Alicia had spoken. His tail whipped stiffly side to side before he bared his fangs. He blinked slowly finally breaking eye contact with that barnacled face. He padded over to Alicia and sat close by. His current priority was clear.

Chaos wasn't as brave as her brother. She popped in and out of existence for the fifth time. Her furry head peeked out from under Jack's collar this time. Warm breath tickled the back of her other master's neck. She mewed skittishly. This creature-thing-person was certain less friendly than the man-creature known as Kadi. She pawed Jack gently warning him to be careful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt. Blu
"47... 48... 49... 50!" With a final grunt of effort, she let go of boom of the ship and dropped down to the surface with a heavy thump. With a grin of satisfaction, Sara flexed and looked down, examining herself with keen eye. Since Trovale, Sara had been far too busy to exercise as she had assisted Zillia with her medical duties and whatever else that the now under-manned Lady Luck needed tending to. Most of her time was spent by tending to Alicia, who was as expected acting tougher than she felt. She saw how Alicia struggled with some of the most basic tasks so she had took it upon herself to make her rest and recovery as comfortable as possible. Alicia had always pushed herself for the crew, and most likely continue doing so in her current state, and Sara figured it was time for the crew to push themselves for her, no matter her complaints.

Normally, after a few days of not exercising, attempting to do fifty pull ups was a tiring but doable exercise. But she didn't feel tired. If anything, she felt like she could easily do fifty more. Whatever happened at Trovale still left it's mark on her, she reasoned. Once Alicia was better, she should talk to her about it, it was likely that she knew more.

At the sudden arrival of the mystery guest, Sara already held her gun and pointed it straight at the thing's head. It... He... Whatever the creature was, it seemed to know her name but that wasn't much of a surprise. She kept quiet, but stood beside Alicia, slightly infront of her in a protective stance should combat occur with this creature.

1nczXaE.png

Q8NvlXr.png

Time: Night/Second Watch - Stopped in the middle of the ocean

"How long has it been Captain Lev~?" Davy Jones stood in front of Runali with his arms on his hips. The way he stood was relaxed and friendly compared to Runali's stiffer stance. Her arms were crossed and she stared Davy down, despite him being heads taller than her. A lot of people were taller than Runali but that didn't stop her from giving him a no nonsense gaze.

Realizing he wasn't going to get an answer, Davy continued. "More than a few months that's for sure. Time's not really important when yer dead. When did'yer crew shipwreck again?" He took a step forward, raising a brow when Runali took a step back. "What? I'm not gonna bite 'cha. I've just come ta collect."

"Jones, you promised you wouldn't bring them into this." Runali's words had surprising venom behind it that made Davy stop in his tracks. The two of them looked at the fog. Davy could see and hear the conversations going on, but Runali could only see the vague outlines of her crew standing on the other end of the ship. "Jones, I swear-"

"Relax Lev! For one that's so… calm and collected you can be a scary little thing." He cackled. "Hah! A true pirate! Where's this captain all the time? You'd get a lot more done like it. And maybe less deals would be made… Though, to be fair our deal was made when… the other crew was around. What happened to 'em anyway?" He gave a smirk when she raised her brow. "Of course, I kid. I know just about everything I need ta know. But~ ta be fair, when we made that deal-"

"I said anyone that sails under the Stardusk flag, you know that." She quipped. The fog became a little bit thicker around her, so she waved it away. Though, the moment she turned her head, Davy was leaning down in her face. "Eugh-"

"Y'know sailing under the Stardusk flag and actually being a Stardusk is two different things. I'm a pirate cap'n. I know the rules, hell I practically made 'em. Two of 'em have tried ta kill ya! Who's to say the third who doesn't trust ya won't try it next? Like I said, Lev! That scary, serious captain look you've got goin' woulda sent chills down my spine if I were still livin'. Ya don't need everyone ta like ya, but ya do need everyone ta respect ya... Oh by the way, congrats on the whole cutesy promises and all. Guess that's less disappointing than y'know, telling the redhead the 'possible truth' of-." He watched Runali walk past him to lean against the ship's railing. He fell silent for a moment, frowning and reappearing next to her. "Alright, alriiight. You're no fun. I won't tell 'em anything... you wouldn't want them ta know."

"And what exactly are you telling them then?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~​

Davy Jones eyed the group over with a rather lazy grin. He let them talk and sputter, taking drags of the cigar twirling between his fingers. Their reactions weren't new, he had seen many like it and he was sure he would see many more in the future. Seeing the doctor fall to her knees, he made no motion towards her, but let out a small ringlets of fog as if responding. He waited as patiently as a man would when being introduced to new people. That patient, lazy grin turned into something a little more vibrant when Luro spoke of him. He started to chime in when Luro spoke of the Albatross and their 'one free pass', but he bit his tongue letting him finish. He couldn't help but chuckle at the mention of his sister however.

"Goddess of the sea she may be, but I'm the one who the people fear." With a wink, Davy Jones added. "Still thinks highly of you too first mate Tashigi."

When Jack spoke, he sat up and leaned forward on his knees. Luro's words made Jones hum in slight amusement. There was a mischievous glint in his eyes as they roamed over the chef. Then he let out another hearty and booming chuckle. "Relax my boy, I'm not gonna hurt'cha. In fact I've got a pro-" His face scrunched up a bit in thought and he dismissed what he was going to say in favor of something else. "Take the captain somewhere?" He echoed and took another drag from the cigar. "Nah, she wouldn't go without a fight and between you and me, I'm curious how much hell she'll raise alive before dead. It's been a sight ta see this far. You can relax yerselves, I'm not takin' her anywhere yet. Nor any of ya." The cigar twirled in his fingers, turning into smoke every now and then before solidifying. "Aye well Chef Kunal, Luro, and the rest o' ya, I can't quite say what dues I'm collectin' just yet. Gotta do a little bargainin' with the cap'n to see what she's willin' to-"

The 'man' paused and pouted to himself, almost as if he was listening to something or someone else. "Ah right right. I'm a man of honor and not plannin' to break a deal." He smiled friendly again and shrugged. "That's your cap'n's place to say." His attention turned to Alicia and for a moment, he simply stared at her. His head cocked to the side for a brief moment and then he smiled. "Truly a selfless lot. Like I told ya first mate, I have no debts with you. Those that fly under that Stardusk flag are in no danger of death. Right now at least."

He looked conflicted for a moment and glanced back at the fog. "Ah, I'm sure she won't mind…" Davy Jones scratched a piece of coral off his face with a toothy grin. "Y'see, and keep it hush hush, cap'n and I made a deal a... while back and I figured the recent brushes knockin' on my door from some of ya was as good as any reason to take a stroll top side and have a nice chat. No harm in that, right?" He laughed again, causing the ocean to stir once more. "Trust me, if I wanted ta take anythin' I woulda taken it." The faint semblance of a threat was thinly veiled with the cheery smile he had. Davy Jones used the fog to draw an 'X' across where his heart would be. It had a faint glow to it before it disappeared. "Ya have a dead pirate's promise. The promise of Jones himself!" An amused smirk crossed his features. "Ya woundin' me with the lack of trust here, I'm doin' my best." The fluffy cat caught his attention enough to cause him to chuckle. "Brave cat. Not that smart though." His eyes flicked over to Sara and the gun she pointed at him. "Heh, can say the same for you too, lass. But I admire your resolve. The Albatross could use more ladies like ya."

Collab Between: @Winter @Arcadius @Eastwood @Mizos and @Fox of Hearts
Guest Starring: Davy Jones and the Fog
K4rqyfP.png

FSPXpT8.png

Kadi_Banner_V2.png

1OVkHAD.png

1573893358041-png.187274

1573893581198-png.187278
"On ne peut pas faire confiance à tout le monde," Cedric hissed softly. (implied "No one can trust the devil")

He wanted to say more but the look on his brother's face warned him about continuing in Trovalian. Sid blinked once. He had agreed to that silent request to switch to Common but he did so very reluctantly. "M. Diable, as I was saying earlier, you can make all the promises you want. We don't have to trust you. I believe that pact might not be valid any longer. The circumstances, as you so kindly informed us earlier, have changed since l'capitaine made that deal."

He stepped in front of Jack, pushing down the arm that tried to stop him. Sid wore the same stubborn expression as many of the crew although he appeared a little bored. "No one will relax until you bring back l'capitaine. I suggest you do that before someone attacks." He was about to mention Luro by name but he stopped. Ms Masu was the one pointing the gun at the spectre. The tailor crossed his arms to hide the summoning card in his right hand. "Both of you owe us an explanation about this so called "deal". I don't appreciate being bartered off without my consent."

Sara took a step back away from the creature. Whatever it was, it knew her name but that was hardly surprising. She kept her pistol leveled at it's head and turned to face Alicia slightly.

"How do you want to play this?" She hissed quietly under her breath. "Without the Captain, that leaves you in charge. This... thing gives me the creeps, and I think we should back off and regroup but it's your call."

The Navigator offered a very precisely measured nod, containing just the right amount of politness to be socially acceptable without being downright sarcastic or derisive. With a sleight of hand, and also a lot of mental strain, he pulled a very small rolled cigarette out of thin air and lit it.

"It can hardly be called a deal without consent, yes?" he added to Sid. "As far as I'm concerned, and more importantly, as far as Captain Hornister is concerned, people who deal me without consent learn how fun it is to be skinned alive the second time."

He pulled and puffed on the smoke. "On the other limb, if Captain does have amends to make, and... debts to pay..."

Alicia was already exhausted, the cool crisp air licking against her skin forcing her to fight the urge to shiver. Silently without a word she continued to listen to the added voices of the crew, her eyes moving to regard each of them before shifting back towards Davy.

"Put your weapons away." she spoke finally. "He who commands death can not himself be killed, at least not through conventional methods." her words ended with a cough into her hand, a sudden illumination brightening from her hand before fading as if she'd coughed up light itself.

"Moreover, attacking without first gaining more information on what is happening here would be foolish." she eyed Luro specifically as she spoke before turning back to Davy again. "I would like to have words with our captain, preferably all of us would. If you aren't inclined to take us all to her, consider taking me... if only to bring back information that might placate her crew."

Luro's gaze moved over to the others hearing their voices, his eyes lingering on the gun in Sara's hand for a moment, before returning to the Davy Jones. He rubbed the back of his head as everyone spoke to the man in front of them. His eyebrows knitted a bit and he shut his eyes, only opening them feeling Alicia's eyes on him. He offered a small smile in return and held both his hands up as a sign of good faith.

"If DJ's not here to take anyone or the Captain then I don't see any reason to go killin' him," Luro said with a small shrug. "DJ's been nothing but helpful to us, you guys are being awfully cold. Well Alicia you are the others I kinda get."

Luro crossed his arms at this and gave a small nod.

"That and we're pirates, I broke five promises recently. Not to you guys, four dead people. If DJ was lying it wouldn't be too surprising. Still DJ you could at least explain the 'deal' to them. I'd do it but I was Imposter then and my memory's all fuzzy. He is laughing a lot though so maybe it was that 'hundred years of servitude on the Albatross' thing."

Luro motioned to the man with his thumb before speaking to everyone.

"If he's lying then we beat him down, get the Captain and move on. No need for too much worry."

He grinned before looking back at Davy folding his hands behind his head.

"Dead or not enemy's an enemy. Long as DJ's not an enemy I'm fine listening to what he has to say about this thing."

Zilia stared at the scene trying to wrap her head around everything that was happening. The most she knew was Cedric and Kadi were back talking the Reaper of the sea and Sara had a gun pointed at him, which caused her to release her, take a large step away and grab onto Luro, only because Sara was near Alicia.

Luro met eyes with Zilia before nodding and looking back at DJ.

"Z wants to know what's going on too. She'd rather you not take Alicia alone though. The First Mate's job is to keep the crew together when the Captain's gone...she'd prefer she stay here. I'm apparently disposable and Kadi is fine as well."

Luro blinked a few times looking over at Kadi.

"...why are we the disposable ones....wait it's just me? That's cold-hearted Z! Cedric has magic stuff he could go."

Zilia shook her head at the idea. Cedric was recovering, Sara was gun-happy and Jack was only a little bit less scared than she was...Kadi who was reasonably healthy, and Luro who almost died everyday was fine.

Sara continued to stare at Alicia. It was clear to her that she was in no position to be standing out here, let alone even think about fighting. So when the decision came to parlay and the order to lower guns, Sara holstered her pistol immediately and continued to glare at the spectral intruder.

"A deal implies consent naturally. I'm glad both of us agree, Arcadius. To be bargained like chettal is a slap on the face and a little contradictory to everything the captain had us believe of her." Cedric was careful not to crush the card. His balled his free hand harder to stop it from shaking so much. He was too angry. He couldn't believe their captain had asked him to trust her when she was making such deals behind their backs.

"I'm sorry, Alicia. I would like to offer to take your place instead. I doubt our friend here can harm me." Sid said bluntly.

He eyed the reaper in absolute silence. He wasn't trying to be gung-ho in anyway but he struck a bargain back in Trovale with another supernatural. He doubted Jack would be happy once he told his brother about the deal. "M. Diable, we are all pretty accommodating, yes? An unusual thing for an excitable group. I hope you'd agree to let us talk to the captain as a group. No one wants Alicia nor Makachi to sacrifice themselves."

He skirted around the topic of Kadi. He had observed his familiars and how they reacted to the man. There was something a little odd about the navigator. Something that he couldn't seem to see nor fathom. Jack didn't seem that sure either. Yes, this crew was very reassuring to be around. We have an unexplained being and a lunatic. Who knows what other secrets were going to surface?

Alicia closed her eyes for a moment before giving a single nod. "You're right." she looked towards Zilia first before regarding Cedric. "It'd be more prudent if I remained. Therefore I should think Kadi and Cedric would be suited better to travel in my place. Unfortunately Zilia you're in the position of being the most important person in the crew and I'll need you here if things go... unfavourably." she chose her words carefully, her attention once more moving back towards Davy. "Of course this is all assuming our guest is willing and compliant with my request."

Last edited:
1575139700306.png

Jack decided not to participate in the crew's initial musings-- more like he couldn't. Every time he caught the otherworldly captain's eye, it brought back memories of being lost in a town where the dead's howls never ceased.

His eyes dropped into a half-lidded gaze. He concentrated on their voices, and Davy Jones' too, listening to the back and forth as a distraction. The way the man talked…

For an immortal, he's easy to read.

Cedric spoke up and Jack sighed, fiddling with his glasses before pocketing them into his waistcoat. How his brother talked made him uneasy, but where this newfound arrogance came from was something Jack couldn't guess at, not now anyways. Either way he feared his brother didn't know who they dealt with. Don't you remember the stories Hoshi told us? She gave herself to him, after all, when she went down with the Bloody Aurora.

Hands on weapons and propositions. The crew reared for a fight-- and why shouldn't they be? What haven't they encountered that ended up in a clash of blades and gunpowder. Fear made Jack hesitant, almost timid, but that fear had nothing to do with the person Davy Jones was known to be. "We should listen to him," he spoke at last. "Alicia is right. We can't fight him. No matter what you may think," he directed the last comment at Sid with a brief glance. "And he's obviously talking to the captain as he speaks to us. She's alright, for the moment."

Hands went for a cigarillo, rolling it and lighting it with a match, lacking the ability to summon one from thin air like Kadi and Davy Jones. "Whatever deal the captain made, she made with him, and he's not in position to reveal it. We'll have to ask her what it is. If you're willing for us, or some of us, to join whatever discussion you two are having, then fine. But I imagine the captain would prefer to stick together."

"For what it's worth I think it's wiser to help you, Captain Jones. You may not mean harm but you don't inspire comfort," Jack offered him a wane, sickly smile in emphasis from where he plopped down on one of Runali's sitting barrels. The smoke helped little to calm his irrational fear. "You say there's dues to collect but you're not sure what they are. Can we help make up your mind? Or perhaps you should finish the conversation with the captain and then be on your way."

Reactions: Fox of Hearts
zFsi3Jr.png

Time: Late at Night, End of First Watch (Present)
Ocean

Cedric's voice made Davy visibly perk up. His grin spread from ear to ear. It screamed nothing but trouble. "M'flattered monsieur tailor. A devil I may be, but trust you haven't seen the worst of me." His next words made Davy raise a brow. "Oh, is that so fancy man? Explanations? Consent?" Davy cackled and leaned forward in his seat with his hands on his legs, as if he planned to stand but never did. A bit of fog beckoned Cedric a step closer, not enough to be in arms reach, but enough to show that he could make him move should he want to.
"Tell me, where's your mark of this crew? Ah, wait a minute, you ain't got one on ya. Even little mouse over there has hers in her book. And the bird has her own insignia. As a pirate captain m'self, I'd be ashamed ta call ya apart of my own crew, let alone think you're worthy of needing an explanation of anything. Frankly, my dear boy, you're just cargo."

His attention turned to Sara and the look of curiosity returned. "Regroup where? Below deck? I don't see why you couldn't just talk right here, I went through all that effort ta wake ya up and all." When Kadi spoke and then Alicia, Davy's shoulders slumped and he sighed. "You all've got it all wrong here. Paintin' me like I'm some sorta bad guy." He scoffed and finally stood to his feet. "I just came around for a friendly chat. Ya'd think I was the one murderin' left and right just for my own sake." At that he paused, thinking to himself. "Well, unimportant really."

"Anyway," His hands fell to his hips, "Listen I may be a lotta things, but I'm a man of honor too- full pirate honor ta be clear. Your cap'n was the one that struck the deal. Not me. I'm not even holding her against her will." At that, he glanced over at the fog and then raised a brow at Jack. "She doesn't wanna talk with you guys listenin'. Apart of our friendly little agreement was that I kept my lips sealed about the contents of our deal. Until she told'ja at least. And since cap'n hasn't told'ja I can't either." He held up a finger. "Unless ya die. Then you're mine and I can say as I please. But I don't see the problem, you've all kept your secrets one way or the other. Captain doesn't have ta be a saint here or ever frankly. You all are pirates remember?"

Realizing he wasn't going to 'gain their trust'- not that he needed it- he cleared his throat. "I'm fantastic at multitaskin' thank you. Hm. One moment." He took a step back, disappearing into the fog and leaving the crew to themselves for a few short moments.

This time however, when he stepped back into view he was looking at the crew with a rather amused grin. "I've no debts to collect with any of you, only your captain as I've stated before despite none of you listening. However, I do have a… proposition for the Stardusk crew. A proposition and by the time we're done the captain will be done frownin' at me." He gave a formal semi-bow and cleared his throat as he continued.

"Hear out my woes before you cast me aside," He took a step forward. "You all want and need. You're human, of course you do. I can help you. And you can trust that I can help you. I've done it before."

And as Davy took another step forward, he turned into smoke that began to surround each of them, separating them from the other.

O2othuB.png

Q8NvlXr.png

He appeared before Alicia, much cleaner and with a rather curious expression. The two were sitting across from each other. When the fog had crept around the crew, Coral had moved from Luro to Alicia and was now sitting in Alicia's lap, pressed close and away from the spectral man across from them.
Davy Jones had his hands in his lap and there was a small table with a tea set in between the two. "S'pose ya'd want somethin' more comfortable while we had a chat, no? Rest assured your cap'n is safe." He reached over, grabbing one of the cups. If Alicia tried to grab one, she'd quickly realize that she wouldn't be able to. It was a simple illusion for the sake of comfort. "So. Ain't hard ta notice all that hell goin' on inside ya. Respectfully of course. Anduin must've seen a lotta potential in ya for him to go sacrificing himself." Davy frowned. Not at Alicia, but off to the side. "He was a good one…"

He waved a lazy hand in a circle. "There's not much that you'd ever want, I know I've looked. But I do know what you need." As his hand moved, a small orb of light swirled in front of them. It crackled as if a thunderstorm was inside of it. "Your cap'n wouldn't be happy ta know that soul of yours is in a… rather strained battle and you're tiptoeing life and death, hm? In fact I'm sure she'd go hell and back just to retrieve it should it be lost."

"So? Let me repair it for ya. Easy peasy. I'm sure Anduin would wantcha alive anyhow after all that trouble." He took a sip of tea and exhaled. "Of course that won't go without a price. That's the way of the game. Unfortunately, can't provide multiple freebies." He tapped his chin in thought. "What can I trade you that would be of equal value… Hmmm."

"Ah I know." He set the tea cup back on the table. The look he gave wasn't one of mischief nor mal intent. It was a simple offer- simple enough to him at the very least. " A fraction of your power. Nothing damaging. Nothing… permanent if you train hard enough. You'd be back to full health, the only downside is that well, maybe you'll have to relearn a trick or two or maybe it'll take a bit of time to reconnect with that element of yours. A small fraction you can always gain back later. No strings attached, no games played. You'd have my word." He chuckled. "I saved you before. I like you guys and Lily sees something in ya so an easy death like this ain't fun for anyone."

Cheb8zk.png

The fog disappeared and Davy Jones stood next to Luro, a friendly arm around his shoulder- considering he was tall enough to do so. He looked just as he did not long ago, rugged with coral protruding from his skin. Despite the dramatic fog, the two were still on Lady Luck as if they hadn't moved. However, not only was it just the two of them, but the ship looked a lot more pristine and put together. Even the tiniest nicks and scratches that only Luro would notice were gone. "You're a tough one. I like you Makachi. Favorite of the Stardusk, even." He patted the man's back a bit too roughly. "You're certainly the same man I met… but those eyes don't look the same. Like you're a different person or like… They're… lost? Searching even?" Davy scratched his beard. "Hm.. What good are you to a crew like this if even you don't know who you are? If you don't know what you could be? Is that about right?" He whistled a short tune, it was something that for Luro would sound familiar as if it was a distant memory or maybe from a dream. Nonetheless, it was something peaceful and almost comforting.

"Man or monster, I could help ya become what you're lookin' for. It'd be real easy too." He was looking out at the stars as he spoke to Luro, but when he offered, he gave him a light tap on the side of his head. "I can keep 'em quiet for ya. Maybe take 'em away too. Less of the nagging and annoying buzzes while you're makin' decisions." He gave a shrug and took a step away from Luro. "But can't give freebies anymore unfortunately so it'd cost ya something equal."

He started casually circling around Luro with his hands behind his back. "I think… An exchange for your clarity…" He paused and faced Luro. "Your loyalty."

"The loyalty you have to that captain of yours is unswaying- save for when that friend of yours messes with your head. When she says shoot, you do it. She lead you to death and back and yet you've been unwavering. No questions asked… That kinda loyalty is somethin' ya don't get from everyone." He crossed his arms. "You'd still get ta sail under the Stardusk flag. Still continue messin' with that fine weapon o' yours too. You'd get to do exactly as you please. There's no real downside save for maybe… S'pose probably wouldn't be best ta promise your cap'n anything though since your interests would be your own before hers… But hell plenty of lasses out there ta make wild promises to. I've done it my fair share of times, hah! So not much of a setback I don't think."

He looked at Luro with a patient gaze. "So, whaddya say? A clear head for loyalty?"

K4rqyfP.png

"You've got a sharp tongue on ya Cedric Langley." Davy appeared, towering over him with a rather intimidating grin. His arms were crossed as he watched the man in front of him. The two were on the deck of the ship, with nothing changed except the fact that it was just him, Cedric and two cats. "Ta try and be threatenin'? Ta think your little magic would do anything? And ever so hypocritical when you've been makin' worse dealings hm?" He took a step back, his eyes never leaving the tailor. "Frankly, nothing here matters to ya save for the brother of yours. How sweet… and even then ya barely trust him. I don't hafta know ya ta know your heart's as cold as they come." Davy smirked. "Fitting for a pirate I'd say. Not so much for one that's under this crew so I've learned…" His expression turned a little lazy and uncaring. "You're no use to the Stardusk from what I see. Nearly killed them ta save your brother. Trusts none of em… Don't even have the mark of 'em. So why are ya on this ship anyway? Tryin' to get somewhere? Cap'n isn't much of a kidnapper from what I know. So tell me Langley, what's your purpose?"

Davy chuckled. "If you even have one. If all you're doing is living because your brother is around then I'll gladly reap that soul of yours and put it ta good use. Hah, I've got a deal for ya. Tell me why the captain kept ya around and maybe I'll consider giving you the time o' day. Or are ya too upset because she's fiddled with the devil, not that you haven't been playing with demons yourself."

jlClo3A.png

Zilia found herself in a small cozy library, in a cushioned chair with a table of books just out of reach. Next to her was a pen and notepad, no doubt one that she already owned.

"So this is where most of the sense goes in this crew, huh?" A booming laughter echoed before Davy appeared in front of Zilia. He put his hands up, similar to someone surrendering just to show he meant no harm. Despite how heavy he looked when he plopped down on the opposite side of the small table, he didn't make a sound.

"You're a funny one. Compared to the others at least. Doctor to a buncha crazies. Always the toughest job as a pirate, I commend 'em." He laughed. "Tiresome yet rewardin' yeah? All for your fancy book." At the mention of her chronicle, he lifted a book on the top of the stack and sure enough it was hers. He left it be and continued. "What do you want… what do you want… Peace of mind? Nah, you'd be lyin' if ya said you wanted a normal life. That wouldn't be fun for you at all would it? Safe, but even the sensible doctor needs the shake up." He leaned forward on the table, tapping it in thought.

"You've got secrets there Doctor." With a nod, he gestured towards her arms. "And surely you don't want those gettin' out without you bein' the one ta spill it. Tsk, tsk and what would the captain think after all these sudden betrayals, if you too were to spill that you were hiding secrets as well?" There was a foreboding moment of silence that was replaced with chuckles. "Bah, she's too forgiving. It's gonna get her killed. The others on the other hand may not be so forgivin'... Let's see little mouse, what can I give you that you- ah! I know! Information." His fingers steepled. "A chronicler such as yourself- and a doctor such as yourself knows the importance of information, aye? And I can give you just about any piece of information you'd want. People ya wanna get revenge on, people stronger than ya, hidden treasures, hidden artifacts, you name it. But of course, for a price. I'd give freebies but Stardusk kinda ran outta luck there. Not to worry though, I'm not tryin' to steal your soul. All I'd want is," He scratched his beard in thought.

"Hmm. Your words." He put a hand up. "Not your voice, I know I know, you're not much of a talker. But those words of yours? Ah you could weave legacies that could reach the masses. Those words alone could save millions from dying. They'd have a lotta value if you play your cards right and all I'm askin' for is… a bit of trust that those words'll do just that. Annnd of course, that'd also mean keepin' this particular tale you're gonna write to yourself and outside of the chronicle. Can't have my rumor being tarnished by someone as convincing as yourself."

"Whaddya say doctor? Any piece of information I can give in exchange for your words."

7bwHZae.png

Jack ended up in the Stardusk kitchen. It was noticeably refurbished and extra clean. It looked like something was cooking on a fire, but there was no smell coming from it. And if Jack tried to reach for it, he'd quickly realize it was a mere illusion. Davy wasn't trying to hide this fact.

Another noticeable thing was that Jack's injuries were fully healed. Over at the table, Davy was sitting proper and waiting for Jack to calm. "Your cap'n would be flattered by how brave you're bein'. But like I said, I'm not trying ta hurt ya so relax. I can even make that a permanent fix ya know? Real easy. All ya gotta do is ask. That I can give for free." He pointed to his own eyes addressing Jack's newly healed face.

"Let's see… What does a brother, an ex-spy, a pirate… and a chef want…" Davy leaned back in the chair, letting it balance on two legs. "Oh, I got it." The chair legs hit the ground without a sound. "Peace of mind." He raised a hand before Jack could question and began to explain. "Peace of mind ta know that your mothers, your brother, and that fine lass of yours is safe from those demons you didn't quite get rid of. Y'know, the Charlotte lass? Seems ta be a thorn in your side. Can bandage it all ya like but if it's not removed it'll come back ta haunt ya." Davy shrugged. "Wouldn't be difficult at all. Just would be a price of equal value. And I think I may know what I want." He tapped the table, gesturing for Jack to take a seat.

"I'd want your knowledge. No, not to keep. You need that for yourself. I'd just want ya ta keep playin' spy. Not for any of those fools you've worked for, but for me. You'd still be a pirate if you want, living this eventful life. But hell, you've played a lot of cards over the years and have a lot of info that's all very useful to a pirate. Play those cards right and a bit longer, I'd almost guarantee it'd be helpful for that cap'n of yours. In the future, at least." He grinned and rested his arms on the table.

"No strings attached, no games played. Nothing up my sleeve either." For emphasis, he pulled his coat sleeve back to reveal nothing and then pulled it right back down. "Clear your name of all that Trovale drama for an easy double job. Pirate for Stardusk, spy for me. Whaddya say?"

FSPXpT8.png

Sara was in a similarly blank area to Alicia, except there were no pillows and there was an empty table between her and Davy. "Ah, yes. The one who hasn't heard of me. It's a shocker really. Never heard bedtime stories of the man, the myth, the legend?" He didn't wait for her response and instead let out a huff of air. "S'pose it can't be faulted. Can't all be cultured. But anywho Miss Sara, I noticed you're on edge."

He paused before laughing. He pulled Sara's gun from his own pocket and set it on the empty table. "Girlfriend's fatally injured. Captain's gone and disappeared- though she's not very far really. Ghost man on your ship. Reasons to be upset, I agree. But you know, you're a peculiar one." He was leaning on one arm, lazily resting. "You're strive… for perfection. To be better is something I can understand. I can see it in ya, in fact. Which confuses me as to why you'd decide on a pirate life of all things. More specifically, not a captain." He gave a small shrug. "Got some secret plan goin'? Plan to keep the girl close and marry into a well known family?" He laughed at his own joke. "Ah, of course not, You're a woman with class that's gonna build empires, yeah? You'll have power not only in strength, but in title." He looked over at Sara with a brow raised. "What good will pirating be if you're the one calling the shots, eh?"

"And I could give that to ya. The empires. Maybe not with a snap of my fingers... but with a snap of my fingers I can point ya the way to where you can get more money than the cap'n would be paying ya in a lifetime. You'd be sittin' rich well past the day you died." He snapped his fingers and a paper about the size of his hand appeared in front of him. He slid it across the table so she could see a treasure map. But it disappeared with another snap of his fingers.

"Somethin' like a compass that points to endless riches definitely doesn't come for free though. Equal exchange is only fair. And what's equal ta that, your loyalty? Nah that'd do me no good.. Oh, I got it. Your time." He shook his head. "Not all of it, of course. You've gotta stick around here for awhile. For as long as ya can. But, with an easy path to the riches part, you're skippin' a lotta hard work ta get the money. It'd be a breeze ta get… I'unno, maybe a statue or two of ya. Who knows, it'd be yours." He sat up straight and gave a nod. "No games, no tricks. No strings attached. You'd get riches beyond compare and I just get a bit of your time. Ya wouldn't feel a thing. In fact, make the deal and I'd be outta your hair post haste- er, well post haste upon talkin' to that cap'n."

9zl1wkA.png

Unlike the others, Kadi was left where he stood, watching the others disappear into a fog of their own. The fog around him cleared and he was left with Davy Jones standing before him with a wrinkled nose. "No wonder I can barely get a read on ya! You've got the stench of the Undersea tailin' ya. Blech, nasty." Disgust turned into a genuine curiosity. "Huh… and you're alive no less. Tell me, what's it like being able to see both spectrums of death and leave unscathed?" He glanced over Kadi, adding, "Well, unless that eye of yours was apart of it then mostly unscathed."

Kadi would realize that any answer he gave seemed to intrigue the reaper. It was something new and unheard of for the reaper. To him, no soul ever left the undead unless they were allowed. And from what he knew about the Drowned King, there were a lot of hoops to jump through if anyone wanted to even consider it.

His palms pressed together. "You… have information I want. Valuable things that I don't know, and as a dead man I hate ta not know things. You've also got a soul I'd want, but that's not for keeps- not yet at least. But I only work in deals… And what more could a man with a returned soul possibly want. That's a valuable gift in itself." He was in thought for a few moments, standing in front of Kadi still. "Could give you an eye. Unless the goal was to match with the cap'n." A few times, when he looked at the navigator, he seemed as if he was trying to get a read of him, but was having a hard time. "I really hate that Drowned fish… You wouldn't happen ta be loyal ta fish fer brains, hm?"

1nczXaE.png

Davy looked over at Runali with a modicum of surprise. "That's the deal ya want ta make, lass?" He watched her nod. "That's definitely worth the exchange… I could certainly use that for sure."

"What's the catch?" Runali was sitting on an empty barrel, pushing strands of hair away from her blind eye while she watched the fog start to slowly dissipate. She'd been separated from the crew long enough and could only imagine what trouble they were going to attempt to create.

Last edited:
zFsi3Jr.png

K4rqyfP.png

Collab between @Capt. Blu and @Fox of Hearts

Cedric marveled at how his words had been misconstrued. He was angry but he never threatened the devil of the seas. He resisted the urge to roll his eyes or sigh loudly. He didn't want to give this being anymore verbal ammunition.

Shrugging lightly, the tailor clambered onto the side of the ship. He sat facing Davy Jones with one of his stoniest expressions. Chaos found herself unceremoniously dumped into his lap the moment he made himself comfortable. Chester, the self-proclaimed protector, hissed again before settling himself sphinx-like at his master's feet.

"That's not a very good deal, is it? M. Diable, I must say I'm disappointed. I was offered the power to rent reality and tame lesser demons for a small price. All you offer me is your time of day for information you could have gotten so easily from l'capitaine herself. Are you sure I can't offer you more?"

His anger simmered lower but the sarcasm remained. Sid wasn't going to direct his anger towards anyone but his boss; she was the person who landed them in this mess way before half of them joined the crew. Davy Jones was merely her enabler.

"I've been pretty cooperative otherwise, I feel. I don't trust people so easily thanks to the life I lived. I suspect you know the details without me even saying it, yes? It's nothing either of us would enjoy discussing." He learned about the rest through Jack. These stories made their way into their nighttime conversations in the kitchen. More often than not over fresh cups of tisane. Well, tisane for him. Jack preferred his hot chocolate or warm milk. Sid guessed they had their individual particularités. (particularités = idiosyncrasies)

"Meow?"

"Hush," he warned his black kitten. Gloved hands patted her fur, lulling her back into a calm stupor. The carte remained visible just in case.

"I'm fine knowing you feel I have nothing to offer. I guess we could chat while waiting for the rest to return. Unless you prefer me to entertain you with fancy parlour tricks. Nothing your level, of course. I never graduated from my apprenticeship."

Cedric wasn't sure what else he could do in the meantime. Sitting around was never his style and he refused to answer such a personal question. It required a level of soul searching he wasn't ready for. There were far too many dark memories housed in his subconsciousness. More than half he never shared with anyone. Not Jack. Not Lily. His two closest confidantes.

"I've offered nothing actually, I give my time as I please." Davy's arms crossed and he shrugged. "The cap'n sees potential in ya, but if you don't see it what are you even strivin' for? What purpose do ya have for bein' on a pirate ship?" Davy leaned closer to the tailor, practically inspecting him. "So much anger in those eyes, but for what? There's no danger, I've already toldja that. So you can put your fancy toys away, won't do ya much good." Davy scoffed at how pretentious Cedric was being. "Aye, the life you've lived. Sure. It'd be easier ta admit you're just afraid of your own truth." There was a short pause before Davy added.

"Is your life that worthless to you that you'd consider payin' your soul as a small price? Sounds rather depressin' if you ask me. Got one life ta live and throw it away so easily."

"There's no pretending. I'm being me and this card represents security. It doesn't matter if it can't harm you. I feel better holding onto it." Cedric explained.

"You keep asking the same question in different guises. I have nothing special to tell you. I'm just a man living life as best as he could. Setting unattainable goals feels hollow. I prefer carving my own path as I walk instead of following a predetermined course."

His eyes narrowed to feline slits. He blinked and opened them again slowly. His emotions switched but what he felt was hidden under a mask. "I wasn't thinking clearly then. I wanted the power without the price but I won't make the same mistake twice."

He was annoyed that Davy kept redirecting him back to the main question. Wasn't there anything more interesting to talk about? He seethed. He could but he didn't think it was worth the bother.

"I don't have any other lucrative options coming my way. Nothing as fascinating anyway. I'm curious to hear what you offered the rest more worthy of your attention. You said you considered me as part of the cargo." He remarked while he watched his kitten vanish.

"Only ta make sure you're listenin'." Davy responded in regards to asking the same question over and over. There was reason for it, of course, but Cedric was much too stubborn to follow through. He continued to dance around the subject, but it was fine, Davy was dead and had all the patience in the world.

Anytime Davy could see or feel the change of emotion, he'd smirk as if telling Cedric he wasn't so sneaky. "Ah yes of course, that's because of the whole not trusting thing, aye? Trust yourself once to do something foolish, trust no one else ever again. You're an odd tailor."

His chuckling ceased when he was asked about the others. With a shake of his head, he sat back down in that invisible chair he had fashioned earlier. "The thing about deals made are that they stay amongst the dealer- m'self of course- and those that are given said deals. If the Stardusk want to share, then by all means, you will learn through them. Toldja Langley, I'm a man of pirate honor, that won't change. But you are right, I do only consider you cargo. And it's a little disappointin; that you would think the same. All I'm hearin' is that you don't wanna look into that cold heart of yours and remember those deep dark secrets. You've blocked everyone so much ya can't even see this would be the last crew ta ever 'judge' based on your past."

Sid became even more guarded. He looked away for the first time in ages. He shouldn't be surprised if this thing knew his life a little too intimately. That was part of its job, apparently. Still, hearing it from the reaper's mouth was unsettling. He gripped the wood beneath him. He preferred this conversation ending now before he was forced to talk about things he had been avoiding for the longest time. Some of which Jack had to learn from Lily.

"You seem a little too invested in Captain Lev and the rest. C'est amusing en fait! I didn't think anything can fascinate you." (en fait = actually)

Boredom was setting in. There was so much more he could be doing right now as they waited for the rest of the crew. He decided to stop avoiding the issue. "Seeing how ennuyeux this is, I may answer your question if you tell me why you keep pressing me for my purpose. I doubt you are asking the rest this same question as we speak."

"This will be information offered contrecœur since I usually charge a fee for any information I share. In this case, it feels like you're asking for it free of charge." Cedric shrugged. "Even if I don't like it, I guess you're satisfied." (contrecoeur = grudgingly)

The reaper gave a full blown grin when Cedric looked away. He didn't say anything until the man spoke again. "Oh aye you're correct. Some moons ago they were on death's door but they managed ta prove themselves worthy of living. That doesn't happen too often. Stardusk is a special crew, which is why I wanna know why you're here. What your purpose is. If you don't know then what's the point of wasting away on a ship when you could easily make yerself useful on land, tailoring clothes." He gave a shrug. "Ya think my 'sense o' wonder' died when I did? What? Expected me ta be some angry deity ready to smite you all? No fun doin' that all the time."

Davy purposely blew a puff of smoke in Cedric's face. "Don't act so high and mighty now boy. You were just fumin' not too long ago. Keep repressin' those emotions and you're gonna explode." He got comfortable in his chair. "Typically, I ask for things that I know'll be useful ta be later. Things ta use to shake things up in the land of the livin' and dead. For you however, I was just doin' you a favor." In fluent Trovalian he chimed in, "Can't hide from yourself forever. Figured I'd help and kick ya into gear."

Sid hid his surprise well. He didn't expect the reaper to speak his tongue but he wasn't going to indulge that man. Cedric waved the smoke away and scooted off to the side. He found himself sorely disappointed thus far. Meeting the faucheuse sounded way more dramatic Hoshi's stories. (faucheuse = grim reaper)

Faking a yawn, he pushed back his sleeve and studied the new marking seared into his wrist. He preferred deciphering the strange runes hidden in the intricate design. "No offence but it doesn't feel like a favour. I know my current goals and the Stardusk happened to be travelling in the same direction. I'll stay as long as my goals don't change."

He started sketching the symbols into the cloth over his thigh. His attention was definitely far from the person sitting opposite him. "Tailor happened to be a convenient job title since there is no need for my compétence. Not with someone of Ms Lev's disposition. You and I know what it is." (compétence = expertise)

Fingers stopped tracing. A thought popped into his mind and he allowed it to unravel. He glanced up. "Une nouvelle question? That one I can answer. Yes, I continue running errands for the guild. That's not exactly a se — no, it is to some extent. I never mentioned my excursions to anyone. It's my business." (Une nouvelle question = a new question)

He returned his attention to the spectre now a little more intrigued. Davy answered one of his questions, albeit indirectly. Things felt moins rassis and more familiar all of a sudden. He was so enthralled that he wished to paint this man before him. (moins rassis = less boring)

Cedric surveyed the creature wondering how he could capture that unearthliness in paint. He believed it would be a nice fixture in one of the many bedrooms in Jack's home. Fère serait so content! He doubted the Stardusk saw that side of Jack before; he wondered how they'd react. The tailor's expression remained blank despite the sullenness disappearing. (serait content = would be pleased)

The solution came to him so fast that it felt like a suggestion. One he didn't mind accepting. He never thought of such a technique before. It was interesting. As he reigned in his muse, Sid realised he no longer resented Davy's company. However, he took the necessary precautions to keep this nosey creature at bay. He might allow the unwelcomed guest to wander around his mental space but there was no way he'd allow this "honourable" devil to steal from him. He tilted his head away from Jones.

"I think you've made your point. Arrêtez de sonder s'il vous plait? I won't surrender the information without getting some benefit in return. I will answer your other question at least. A small thank you for the inspiration earlier. I'm sure the colour can be sold for a fortune once I auction off the painting." He smiles for the first time. (Arrêtez de sonder s'il vous plait = stop probing, please)

The tailor tapped on his chin to taunt his silent partner. He pretended to think for awhile before finally giving in. "It's not a question of conflicting loyalties. We can be members of different groups. The truth is that no one on this ship resonates with me. With one exception. No, make that two. I will support them and the captain if needed." He anticipated a follow up question and tensed up. visibly Thankfully Davy decided to move on after a mocking pause.

The next question challenged his earlier assumption. He thought the captain had written him off from the start. Apparently, not. "Moi? Oh well, quid pro quo. You answered another question so I'll answer one of yours." He shrugged not caring that he sounded crazy. The devil of the deep insisted on this little game. "If I put my skills to good use, I won't be loud about it. I work better when people don't notice me." (moi = mine)

All the information given didn't seem that significant. They were facts that anyone could have obtained if they bothered to ask. The only problem was that most people (l'capitaine in particularly) didn't know what to ask or how to ask. He guessed this made Davy Jones infinitely more interesting. After all, he could count the number of people who truly understand him on one hand. Sad to say - aside Jack - none of these people sailed with him. Except her.

Quel dommage indeed! It would have made his life so much easier if the crew were this easy to talk to. He would have stopped trying altogether if Jack hadn't reminded him of their little bet a week after they left Trovale. The when and how had been completely erased from his memory. It was far too embarrassing! He stiffened when he realised he accidentally let those traitorous thoughts slip passed his guard. A soft chuckle confirmed his fears. Merde! Jack's so going to die after this! (quel dommage = what a pity)

"Was that all you want?" The Trovalian asked finally. Cedric tried to regain some respectability by appearing nonchalant. He rested his chin against his open palm and leaned forward. The conversation felt like it was about to loop back to the one question he kept avoiding. "I've hinted from the start, M. Diable. If I have something you want, it's only fair that you offer me something in return. Of course, if you don't think it's worth your while, I'm happy to keep playing. This is one of the better conversations I had in months."

The reaper stared with a half-lidded, amused expression. It went unchanged while he sat there, and didn't change when the tailor finished. Finally with a rather dramatic yawn and stretch, Davy stood to his feet. "Aye, that's all I want from ya. No more questions about your ways and your feelings." He teased. "But I appreciate the deal." He took a singular step forward only to disappear and suddenly reemerge right beside Cedric. He gave the man a rough pat on the back and chuckled. "You'd rather make a worthwhile deal than just answer my questions freely. Can't say no ta that. Grant it, the deal might be tweaked a little as time goes on, but for now." He gestured towards Cedric's left hand.

On the back of the tailor's hand, it looked as though someone was writing out their name. It didn't hurt, but it did create a warm sensation. And upon closer inspection, in ornate cursive, it read 'D. Jones'. "I've got nothing worthwhile for you now, but don't fret. We'll meet again some time in the future- hopefully on not dead circumstances- although either way works for me." The signature soon disappeared, leaving his hand as it once was. "Eventful chat we had. I for one am thoroughly entertained. Life advice however, not everyone'll understand yer 'neatly placed' hints and things. "

"I shall keep that in mind. It was a pleasure, M. Jones. I feel things will get even more interesting after my other creditor learns about this new development. He won't be happy." The smirk deepened.

Last edited:
Collab bet'w Captain and Silent

1575481438918.png
1575481460269.png

Jack turned slow circles in the kitchen that was his, but not his. Shaky hands twitched the cigarillo between his lips as he avoided looking at the undead captain.

"Oh. I know," Jack said as Jones told him to relax. "I know you're not here to hurt us. You'll have to forgive my irrational fear. It can't be controlled...rationally." He grimaced.

Pacing, Jack didn't sit down but occupied his anxiety by touching the kitchen. Fingertips never contacted what he reached for, revealing a very adequate illusion. He focused on it while Davy Jones proposed the deal. He took the cigarillo from his lips and snuffed it on the hearth's mantle. "You know, changing my kitchen isn't exactly polite. Don't suppose you could...make this look normal?" He gestured to the kitchen "It's even more unsettling than-- well, than you. I think. You like putting people on their toes, don't you?"

Davy remained quiet as Jack roamed the kitchen, if only to give him some time to settle. His head rested in one hand, every now and then debating telling Jack about the illusion so he'd sit still. However, he seemed to catch on and Davy's attention focused on when Jack finally spoke. Before there was a response, the sound of his fingers snapping echoed around them and the kitchen was back to how Jack left it. "Was never a chef m'self so I s'pose I wouldn't know what was and wasn't polite. If normal's whatcha want then by all means." At his question, Davy sat up a bit.

"Hm… Can't say it isn't amusin'. But it also just comes with the job, y'know? Wouldn't be much of a reaper if I didn't send chills down the spines of those who came knockin'."

Once they were in his space again, Jack relaxed a little, though not by much. He was still sure they were in an illusion but seeing his space restored, also restored a sense of control. "Thank you.

"Though generally speaking, messing with one's things is impolite. To a cook or otherwise. I'm sure my old mentor would have told you… how's she doing anyways?" Jack sat down and put two fingertips to his temple. They connected with smooth skin devoid of scars. He twitched away, then felt it again, more slowly. Warily, he looked up at Davy Jones.

"Why?" he asked abruptly. "Why offer this proposition at all? I'm not even that good of a spy. I can't imagine being of that much help to you. If you want the best you should approach my… the Windy She-Devil. Although, I suppose that could cause an issue with your sister? She is a Devil Fruit user. 'I'm the wind and the wind is me, and the only thing that hates me is the sea.'" Jack made a mocking lilt, quoting what Adelaide once said to him. Nervousness made him talk faster than normal. But a sharp curiosity gleaned behind his eyes, showing he was in control of everything that left his lips.

For a moment, it looked as if Davy debated answering his question. "Hmm… Comfortable." Was all he offered, taking a moment to lean back and get comfortable in his seat. "What I do with the deals I make are beyond comprehension. Though, some are just for fun I'll admit. Even the dead are allowed ta have some fun- well, me specifically." He responded with a laugh at the mention of Adelaide. "You answered the question yourself my boy. Devil Fruit users are much harder to deal with. And you're a good a spy as any, even better with these new close ties with piracy- with someone wantin' ta be Pirate Lord no less. I deal with the dead, but my specialty has always been pirates. You may not see it Jack, but you're a valuable asset one like myself could have."

Jack smiled. "Flattered. But no."

"Flattered but no?" Davy parroted with a small pout. "Are ya denyin' my offer or denyin' that you're valuable?"

A coiled smirk played across the cook's face. "Yes."

He found channeling a different personality abated the fear that was ready to make him sick. A little, anyways. Jack turned his eyes down and ran a finger along the broken grooves and grains of the table. He could see them, but his fingers picked up smooth marble. The absence of touch. With a frown, he splayed his hand across the surface.

"When I was blind, it felt one part of me died only to wake up every other part of my body. My sight was gone...but my other senses ignited. I re-experienced the world in a way I could never dream. It was beautiful. I got lucky twice, Captain Jones. Once to lose it and second to regain it. I wouldn't have been able to live through that, if it wasn't for my mistakes."

Jack met the immortal's eyes. "Charlotte du Vontiago has her own dilemmas to handle before her sights land on me, and mine, again. Her country is tearing itself apart. Nobles fleeing and peasants rising up. A revolution that I had a hand in. What comes of it, I do not know. But I think it's time I stopped running from the taint on my name. I deserve it. Until then," he shrugged, "me and mine can protect ourselves. I don't intend to repeat mistakes-- we will be ready, if she comes for us again. My loyalty to Stardusk will not be tempered, except by Stardusk themselves. There's only two people who can use me as a spy again: Runali Lev and myself."

A hardness etched his mouth. Jack leaned back and crossed his arms. "I got myself into this mess by making a deal. Selling my soul to a job to save my brother. I will suffer anything to protect what I love but I'm not compromising anymore. So thank you. You flatter me. But I decline."

"Hm." Was all Davy Jones offered at first, musing over what the chef said. His gaze never left the man, watching him like a hawk as he read his body language and something… else. Something only Davy could see. "Loyalty to Stardusk…" His hand reached out at the air, pulling another cigar from nowhere. "Those bonds are strong, for most of ya. It's a valuable thing ta have as a pirate and I admire the… special cases Runali has brought aboard this ship. Can't wait ta steal ya before the Drowned King does."

He let out a hearty chuckle and the boat shook. Jack could hear the ocean waves splashing as if he was right beside it. "A man that'll face his problems head on, I respect it. Though your soul's your own till you die, nothing so dramatic from me right now. But satiate my curiosity Chef Kunal." Davy raised a brow. "What would be something you'd be willing to trade to the dead?"

"I have to start at some point," Jack said under his breath. His gaze drooped into half-lidded thoughts. "For what you ask in return? Nothing." Nails dug into a table that wasn't there. "However, I still have services to give. I would offer it gladly in exchange for something else. Information on one-- no, two-- names and...a conversation. Assuming it can be provided."

Jack added, "My only stipulation is it can't be information on Stardusk or my family. I won't betray their trust."

"Hmm, a talk with the dead and information? You're driving a hard bargain here." He chuckled. "Have you heard the saying 'let dead men lie'? It's usually with reason. Not everyone can handle that sorta thing." There was a moment's pause and then Davy shrugged. "I can pull some strings for ya though. Shouldn't be too hard dependin' on who and of course what info ya want."

Jack blanched. "I wouldn't be asking if I didn't need it. Believe you, me. As for the who that should be self-evident. She's the only one I've mentioned. As for the information… it's quite simple. I just want to know if there's two people who've joined your realm recently, or if they're still living."

Leaning forward again, the cook gave a small huff and a smirk at the table. "I guess...this deal isn't that much different. This is what I need for peace of mind. Temporary peace anyways. Tell me what you'd ask for in return. I won't seal this deal until I understand the full disclosure."

"Oh I'm aware, but doesn't hurt ta double check." He smiled at his own joke, as if a reaper would need to double check anything. "So instead of gettin' rid of your demons you wanna chat that mentor of yours. And info on two people." Davy rubbed his bearded face, nodding. "And ya don't wanna be a spy for me which is a little disappointin. So what else could you give me…" Davy sat with his arms crossed as he leaned against the chair. There were many things he could have requested and many things he might have wanted, but none felt right enough for this particular deal.

In a moment of epiphany, Davy snapped his fingers. "You can have this. Not for free, no. But in exchange for a… promise of sorts. One day I'll return with my part of the deal. I'll come ta collect and then you can be on your merry way. Still wouldn't be anything outta the ordinary, but it won't be spy business since that's not your cup o' tea anymore. Who knows, maybe it'll be ta kill some navy officer cheatin' death or maybe it'll be findin' something valuable and dumpin' it at sea so no one can find it again." Davy shrugged. "Depends on how life plays out for ya. Possibilities are endless. So, whaddya say? Your request for a promise ta meet again later?" He put his hand out to shake Jack's.

Jack looked at the hand with contemplation and unrestrained revolt. With extreme reluctance, he took the undead man's grasp. "Alright. Sure. I accept your accords."

On the back of the chef's left hand, it looked as though someone was writing out their name after Davy gave his hand a firm squeeze. It didn't hurt, but it did create a warm sensation. And upon closer inspection, in ornate cursive, it read 'D. Jones'. "A deal's a deal." He offered a grin and watched as the signature disappeared as if it was never there. "If you have nothing else, cap'n'll be out there waitin'."

FSPXpT8.png
Sara did not like Davy Jones. Not one bit. She listened to what he had to say with a skeptical eye and when he was done, she was silent. Then, she started to laugh. A cruel, vicious, mocking laugh.

"And here I thought you were going to offer me something special." Sara said, once her laughter had subsided. "You don't know me, you don't know me at all! If you honestly think that I would take any offer from the likes of you, then your brain must have rotted from too much saltwater. Only cowards and weaklings succumb to deceitful promises of fame and power, and I am neither of those things. I am Sara freaking Masuma, and I will succeed without the help of some thing that was dragged from the bottom of the sea that then call itself a god. I have more to say but, like you said, I have an injured girlfriend that I would like to get back to and she would be really upset if I died because of something I said to you."

zFsi3Jr.png

FSPXpT8.png

When the woman started, Davy raised a brow. He wasn't phased by her maniacal laughter. "S'pose now is a good a time as any to go mad. Quick stop to the Albatross since I'm here I s'pose." He picked at a piece of coral growing out of the back of his wrist while Sara self righteously proclaimed how much better she was than others. It was expected, he did know Sara, but he wasn't going to waste his time telling her that.

"Ah, yer done now yeah?" Davy chuckled, slapping his knee. "Ya sure like ta hear yerself talk huh? Always boastin' always braggin'. Always the woman with a plan, hm?" He clicked his tongue, not bothering to get up from his sitting position. "Happy accidents aren't really plans ya know? Be as confident as ya want, but near death ain't really a plan into bein' apart of Stardusk." He laughed again, still awfully jovial despite Sara's harsh tone, almost as if he was mocking her.

"Yer a confident fool but a fool no less. I'm amused how far ya think that's gonna take ya." Finally, he slowly stood to his feet, towering over Sara. "Have you ever considered how that ego of yours could affect others?" He gestured, next to him, a cloud of fog clearing up to reveal Alicia, sitting patiently. If Sara tried to get to her, she wouldn't be able to. "Tashigi is fightin' a battle for her life. A battle I could surely sway in either direction with the snap of my fingers... A soul is a fragile thing when damaged, surely ya know this? And thanks to your tailor friend, one wrong move and," Davy snapped his fingers and the Alicia the two saw suddenly held her chest tight. By the way her face contorted, it was obvious she was in pain but no sound came through. And in the next moments, she hunched forward and collapsed to the ground. "A good thing goin' for ya is gone."

Davy's expression never changed, unbothered by watching the woman die. "Oh, but right of course. You're a woman that only focuses on herself! Alicia's life doesn't matter to ya. Nor do the rest of this crew's. So all that would really matter is if I took from you, right?" He didn't wait for an answer. He decided to help show Sara just how real and just how serious he was. "You bite your tongue for no one of course! Alive or dead.." The table disappeared as he walked towards Sara. Should she try to move, she'd find herself stuck in the position she was in. "Learn ta humble yerself little lady." He gave her forehead a hard thump. Besides the painful sting, Sara would have the sudden overwhelming feeling of her life flashing before her eyes over and over, each ending different than the last. It lasted for mere seconds, long enough for Davy to snap his fingers and rid the illusion they were in. But for Sara it lasted for what felt like an hour. And when she finally came to, she'd realize she was with the others again, back to where the crew started.

Alicia brought her hands down to comfort Coral as the bird settled into her lap, stroking a hand down her back gently. She didn't make an attempt to reach for a cup, not because she knew it was an illusion but more because she wasn't entirely certain what the contents of the cup would be. And even if Davy was somewhat of an ally to them, assuming she was safe would be complacent even if he assured them he wouldn't attempt to harm them. She listened as he spoke, looking up at the orb of light when it cracked and feeling a small shiver run throughout her body as if she could very well feel it happening inside of her.

His offer seemed fairly waited in her favour, after all she wasn't giving up anything permanent and in exchange she was being cured of something with a very real and imminent potential to kill her. That being said it needed some thought, the swordswoman not often being one to hastily make decisions without careful and considerable thought. "It is a generous offer, although if we were to strike a deal here and now I would have some terms of my own." she replied, delicately preening some loose feathers from Coral before looking up at the spectral pirate. "My terms are simple. If we are to make a deal, you are not to make use of my power to bestow strength to anyone who would misuse it, nor may it be used to harm or kill those undeserving."

Given it was her power, it was her responsibility to ensure it didn't fall into the wrong hands, even if that wouldn't be his intention. She had to be clear with this, otherwise freely giving over a portion of her strength could indeed carry dire consequences to others. "If you can assure me of this, sealed with your honoured promise, we'll have a deal." she finished, allowing a preened feather to fall from her finger tips to be carried off into the air and dark around them.

1576015355639.png
1576015592968.png

Luro leaned forward a bit at the sudden gesture from Davy not accustomed to the action performed on himself, but he smiled nonetheless at the fellow pirate. He seemed to be the same person as always, that weird way about him but a pirate through and through. He didn't feel uncomfortable around the man strange as it was, seeing Davy again was like seeing an old friend, granted one with bits of coral poking out of him, but he had friends with worst coming out of them. That and he walked the line of life and death often a reunion could come at anytime to him.
"I like you too DJ. Not sure why everyone was mean to you, it's like they've never met a dead person before…and we've met at least…forty."
At the mention of his eyes Luro's smile softened a little and his eyes moved to the ship, he supposed a person like Davy would recognize it immediately. Staring at his own reflection even he could tell his eyes seemed different, Z who had the misfortune of staring into his eyes at his worst recognized it as well, but she couldn't identify what it was, yet Davy did so from a glance. It reminded him why he had his job at the very least.

Luro rubbed the side of his head as he noticed the tiny marks on the ship was gone.
"Gah it's just like before when ya removed the bullet mark from the shot that hit the Captain," Luro said leaning down to look at the wood. "Those little nicks give Lady character. I know the best sunspots because the cat's have clawed up the warmest parts of the ship. Chaos likes this part especially."
Luro stared at the wood for a long moment a small smile finding its way onto his face as he looked at the clean wood.
"Still…I can't complain about a clean Lady…she definitely deserves it."
Luro smiled a bit though he kind of missed the little marks from their journey, his eyes didn't have much time to wander the ship as Davy spoke to him again, with an offer that drew his attention and as far as he could tell the attention of the one inside of him.
Luro crossed his arms and closed his eyes as Davy spoke to him, saying the offer was tantalizing was like saying wind moved sails. Strange enough his head was surprisingly clear in this moment, it was quiet. Luro opened his eyes at this.
He couldn't remember the last time it was this quiet.
Whether that was Davy's doing or Imposter was enjoying this current moment he didn't know but he was being offered a small taste of what Davy was offering him. Luro couldn't deny how nice it felt, red recollections didn't flow through his head, faces twisted in horrified grimaces didn't pass over each time he looked at his friends faces, memories and warnings from Imposter as he tried to stare at the ocean in peace. None of that existing only clarity, and the ability to recognize what was real and what was false without doubt.
He reached up and gripped his chest however his body tensing as the offer played through his head again. If Davy had asked for his left arm he would have happily given it without a second thought for that kind of clarity…but his loyalty was a tough request.
Loyalty to Runali…was one of the few things Luro knew was real without question.

Luro rubbed the side of his head not sure how to answer Davy. Giving up his loyalty for what he was offering was fair in a sense, and if Davy could get rid of the voices then he wouldn't need to question anything every again. He wouldn't have to worry about losing himself and killing the first person his eyes landed on one day, he lost track how many time he's killed everyone in his head. Just sitting in the kitchen talking with Jack, his hand brushing against a knife as he leaned backwards, then in the next moment the knife is in Jack's neck, and the red splattering on his face and the scent of blood mixed with fresh bread tickling his nose seemed so real it made him sick. Even when he pulled himself back he could still taste the copper in his mouth and he found himself grinning.
Luro lowered his hand from his head and dug into his sleeve, pulling out a small wineskin before taking a small drink from it.
"Hmmm before I get into that DJ," Luro said before holding the container out towards him. "Got's a question."
Whether the man took it or not Luro continued staring at Davy for a long moment before his eyes moved back out towards the sea, his eyes narrowing slightly as what little joy he had left his face, replaced with a furrowed brow.
"…is Lina aboard the Albatross?"
His memories were fuzzy but it was hard to forget an experience like that, even if Imposter was in control Luro wasn't going to forget a day he actually died given all the close calls over the years.
"A hundred years of service right…then they earn their lives back if they wish. I mean Lina had a strong will so maybe she got the same treatment but…" Luro trailed off for a moment and gripped his shirt.
"Sometimes….sometimes I feel like she's still with me. Like a piece of her is still here…and I worry that she can't leave her fool of a brother alone."
There was a bit of self-depreciation in his weak tone, but he pushed it away with a clear of his throat and straightened up again.
"If anyone deserves a second chance it's Lina…so I wanted to ask if she's aboard your ship. Ah she may not be going by that name anymore…I wonder if she's going by her real name again."

"Aye, that's fair." Davy mumbled as he inspected the ship. "All o' my time spent underwater, y'know? Sometimes ya forget." He snapped his fingers and the ship was back to normal. "Y'know not sure why everyone's so feisty either. Come with a task and people get up and arms. You'd think I was here tryin' ta steal their souls or somethin'." He shook his head in mock disbelief, but turned his attention to the drink that was offered. He happily took it, offering a nod in thanks. While he did drink some of it, when it was given back to Luro, it seemed as though there was the same amount of alcohol from when Luro had it.

The question made Davy raise a brow. He always found it interesting that many would ask about loved ones already dead. Not everyone could handle the answers he gave which was no one's fault but their own. However he stared at Luro, almost looking through him before letting out a sigh and shrug. If anyone could handle it, it was certainly a man who had toed death more often than not. "That fiery sister of yours? She made it there. I made sure to snatch her up before the Drowned King could. Fine addition to the Albatross too." He nodded, resting his hands on his hips. "When dead, there's no room for falsehood. She goes by her real name when she wants." He gave Luro a small nudge. "Chin up, Makachi. The fight never left her so it shouldn't leave ya either." He left it at that, deciding to spare the extra details of the dead.

The smallest smile appeared on Luro's face as Davy answered his question, he shut his eyes chuckling a bit when he was nudged. He took in a deep breath and let it out before clapping his hands together, a toothy grin forming on his face as all his energy seemed to return in the span of a few seconds.
"Good! I'd prefer she be there than in that other place. She's always been a hard worker so that makes sense. If I'm lucky enough to make it there at my end then we can really go a round, it won't do for a little sister to hold back against her older brother. I shouldn't see her growth through the eyes of others."
Luro laughed a little at this crossing his arms over his chest, laughing towards the sky at the thought of meeting and fighting Lina again.
"Hm. Thank you Davy, that takes a lot of the unease out of me. Guess she left something behind for me in her own way. I know there's rules with the dead and stuff so I won't press or ask for more than that, though I wanna."
Luro reached down and rubbed one of his bandaged hands for a moment, with a small smile he closed it into a fist before giving a nod.
"Guess that means I'll probably have to speak my real name when my time comes. Good to know you can still go by another name though."

Luro looked back at Davy realizing he still had to give him an answer. He took another swig from his container and was surprised at how much was left but returned it to his sleeve without another thought.
Bringing a hand to his chin Luro considered Davy's offer again, he remained silent for a few minutes before he gave a firm nod. Opening his eyes he smiled at Davy and pat his chest.
"No thanks."
He raised his hand at the man before moving both into his sleeves.
"It's a really tempting offer. Really really tempting…but I created this problem and I'm a little tired of having other people solve the things I've started, besides if I let you get rid of them it'll feel like I lost on some level."
Luro grinned at Davy before rubbing the side of his head.
"Honestly I'm not sure if I'll ever find myself…much less stop them but…Lina had faith in me so I can't go letting someone else solve it huh."
Luro looked back out towards the sea his eyebrows lowering slightly as his body relaxed a bit.
"Until the breath leaves my body I'm going to keep fighting…I gotta fight hard enough for the both of us. Sides most of my encounters with Lasses has led me to be run out of homes, towns, a forest, a naval base-"
Luro continued naming places and encounters counting on his fingers.
"The church but I didn't realize she was a nun, I mean she was dressed like one but I just thought that was-"
Luro continued counting on his fingers and recollecting.
"I mean who tries to throw someone in a volcano, how was I supposed to know-"
Luro eventually stopped and waved a hand in front of my face.
"Well anyway there's more but I'm pretty content with this particular lass. She listens to my troubles so I'll take it, and there's jussst the right amount of danger and excitement. Her dad also didn't try to kill me…well yet."

"Any time- well. Not any time. I can't go givin' you things willy nilly. But that was an easy one."

Davy would have been lying if he said he wasn't at least a little disappointed by the rejection. But he wasn't very surprised by it. His expression was contemplative as Luro explained himself, only for it to lead into laughter. "You never cease ta amaze me. You've definitely brought a lot of bodies to my ship and I can't say I'm not appreciative. But, can't say it wouldn't have been a gold mine to have ya loyal under my flag." He heaved a sigh, fog escaping his mouth and his shoulders drooped a little.

"But ya know what? I respect that." He patted Luro again with a smile. "Ya may not know how yer gonna get there but ya do know where yer tryin' ta go. Means ya got some sense in that head… Even if ya completely missed the whole thing with the nun. That's still wildly amusin'. You're a menace Luro, but a good one."

He took a step away waving some of the fog that started to accumulate. "Answer me this though, just for my own curiosity what is something that'd you'd be willin' ta trade to the dead?"

"Haha I appreciate it nonetheless. I'm not big on taking from friends without giving something back so I won't make it a habit," Luro said holding up a hand.
At the idea of being loyal under his flag Luro smiled a little and offering a small shrug, if he had met the man before Stardusk things might have turned out differently, thinking about it there were probably a few moments in his more genocidal days when he almost did.
"Well with the way I am you may see me sooner rather than later. I did promise Captain and my sister though so I gotta at least try to stay alive. I'll pay my dues if I end up on your beautiful ship. I'm a carpenter after all I won't pass up the opportunity to work on a ship like that."
Luro laughed a bit this grinning at the idea of working on the Albatross it was a beautiful ship he wouldn't mind taking a good look at her when he passed to the other side.

He smiled a little at Davy at the kind words, he rubbed the back of his head an embarrassed laugh escaping from him. He wasn't used to the word 'respect' being used in his direction, it was a rather strange feeling.
"Hm being a menace is what I'm good at after all and thank ya DJ. Running forward and thinking later that's the Makachi way...I think. At the very least I'll be sendin' more to your ship."
Luro brought a hand to his chin wondering this but lowered his hand when Davy posed a question on him.
"Oh that's a good question...hmm my left arm maybe I consider that," Luro said. "I suppose...I'd either give my will or my anger."
Luro said this with a small nod and smile.
"I willingly bound myself to the Captain however, her will is mine. My own will is twisted up in knots and pulled in several different directions but it's there….as for my anger…"

There wasn't one particular moment that Luro had showed true unbridled anger, not around Stardusk and not before, even in the two years he was gone there was nothing but a smile on his face, a twisted one on occasion but one nonetheless. Even the Luro's inside him couldn't recall a moment the man had succumbed to that baser urge. Murderous intent sure but never anger.
"Hm you can take a look at it Davy. You can probably already see it but I won't suppress it for a moment. I can't give it to you now but I'd consider giving it up once I'm done with it."
He offered a bright smile to Davy and held his arms out.

1576015327080.png
1576015629106.png

Zilia held her arms up as the fog enveloped her closing her mouth and eyes not sure what it could do to her if it got into her body. For a moment Zilia felt lightheaded the world almost seeming to move and cautiously lowering her arms she realized was in a whole other area. She blinked a few times her eyes moving to take in the surroundings. Her brows arched as she took in the library, her gaze eventually landing on the familiar notebook and pen on the table, one of her spare ones she always had on her. The moment of peace was short lived however as a voice reminded her of the situation she was still in. Her whole body tensed and wrapping her arms around herself she tried to stop trembling, her eyes slowly moving to meet the Reaper that appeared before her.

She listened to his words not sure how much of it she should consider serious or just jests thrown in her direction. Zilia hated that she couldn't even offer a nod in his direction at his words, she just held herself trying to focus on at least stopping her body from shaking. This man in front of her was something she fought against on a daily basis, the visage of death. Her whole profession was rebellion against this man and he commended her? It didn't make sense but as far as she could tell she was still alive, she dare not reach for the Chronicle he held to keep it that way.

At the mention of secrets Zilia's trembling stopped and she gripped her right wrist. Her eyes moved to his narrowing slightly, fear replaced with cautiousness. This was Davy Jones so she supposed he understood what these words meant, her eyes moved to her arm at the mention of secrets, her eyelids lowering a bit at mention of the Captain.
"Runali….Runali wouldn't hate me...right? Even if she didn't...he's right about the others. Sara still...still hasn't forgiven Luro and Cedric clearly wasn't pleased."
Zilia gripped her arm a bit harder, she didn't think too much of it but Davy wasn't wrong. Not everyone on the crew was completely honest, she knew that. Cedric had secrets, as did Jack, Luro, Sara...even Alicia didn't speak of certain things. There were plenty of things they didn't say and reveal, Runali was no exception. Her secrets...were nothing compared to theirs she felt that, hers weren't worth a second thought to a Stardusk Pirate...but would they still be upset that she didn't say anything?
She lowered her head shutting her eyes tight, was it childish to think that wasn't fair? That she could be hated for not saying one or two things when so much has been kept from her as well?
Zilia was pulled back at the mention of information her eyes widening slightly at Davy's offer.
"...I'd be lying if I said I didn't need information," Zilia's eyes moved to the Chronicle.
Her eyes moved back to Davy when he mentioned the price she'd have to pay and Zilia blinked before tilting her head at him. She stared at him wondering if he was making fun of her when he clarified drawing her attention back to her book.
She stared death in the face almost everyday, he just had a tangible shape now, allowing herself to succumb to fear completely wasn't befitting a doctor.

Zilia took out her notebook and taking a moment to steady her hand she quickly scribbled something on the page before holding it up to him.
"I'm polite enough to leave out certain parts in the Chronicle but I can't leave out the encounter as it did happen, that would be false information. I'm not saying yes but you're offer does...interest me...what do you mean by my words? The ones I write on the page...or the one in the Chronicle."

"Of course it'd interest ya. It's a deal, that's what they're s'pose ta do." When Davy answered, it was almost out of courtesy that he looked at the notebook, that or he read far too quickly. "But pirates lie all the time Madame Doctor. Who's ta say one more would hurt 'em?" He didn't wait for Zilia to respond. "Don't think of it as false information, think of it as… givin' them only a taste of the real thing." He fiddled with the Chronicle on the table again, flipping through the pages. "S'pose you can think of it as a grand symbolic gesture for now." His gaze stayed on the book. "You write to remember, to tell a story. With hopes that others will see that story too, yes? Chronicling as it's called. I'm not askin' for one set story," He closed the Chronicle and set it back on the table. "As much as the Stardusk story entertains me. Consider me askin' for both." His face was contemplative for a moment while he figured out how best to explain a concept to someone as human, as mortal, as the woman in front of him. "The meaning behind the words, the... feeling is more significant than the words themselves. And as I am a man of action, it never hurts to have… an extra influence of power whether it be for myself. For trouble that could be had. For trouble that could be avoided. You name it."

Zilia stared at the Chronicle for a long moment as Davy spoke, her eyes would widen and narrow at random bits but there wasn't a moment where his deal didn't rest in her mind. His words had varying effects on her, the doctor going through at least five states of emotions but she was clearly considering his offer. Her gaze moved to the table as he mentioned others seeing the Chronicle, it was true she intended on sharing it's contents at some point so that was also a fact. There were a lot of reasons she put pen to paper, Davy's reasons was a part of that long list as well, Zilia couldn't deny Davy Jones made sense. She raised her eyes back to Davy as he went onto further explain his request and Zilia eyebrows arched as his words seemed to finally click. Almost as if in response to this realization Zilia reached up and fiddled with one of her bangs shutting her eyes.
It took her a long moment, longer than she wanted but she knew her answer, Davy's offer was a good and she couldn't ignore that.
"If you're asking what I think you're asking that is a fair offer...but I have to decline."
Unfortunately there was something else she couldn't ignore more.
"That information would be….beyond useful. However I can't offer that feeling, I...need it to keep my promise, the whole reason I made that Chronicle in the first place. I'm sorry.
Zilia lowered her head in apology before raising it up again with another note.
"If it's any condolence...I would prefer a deal with you than the Undersea King...I just can't pay that particular price...please don't kill me."

"So it's a no, huh?" Davy scratched a piece of coral off his beard. "That's disappointin'. Could have had a lot of fun with that one." With a shake of his head he sighed and hoisted himself to his feet. He started to say something else but a mischievous gleam flashed in his eyes. "It's a shame… the Stardusk really needed their doctor." He clicked his tongue to emphasize his disappointment. "But if there's no deal, then I guess I ain't got much use for ya." He reached for his hip, grabbing a pistol that surely wasn't there before. "You'll be a grand addition to the Albatross though," He took aim, standing there for a minute, only to double over in laughter.

"Ah couldn't go through with it. Joke's too cruel." He wiped a nonexistent tear from his eye. "Relax mouse, I'm not gonna kill ya. I for one, want ya ta keep livin'." The illusion started to slowly fade away. "We're done here. No worries about the deal, maybe I'll come around again and offer another."

When Davy stood going to leave Zilia visibly relaxed most of the tenseness leaving her body as her shoulders dropped a little. She almost went to stand herself when Davy's other words reached her. Zilia's eyes quickly shot up to him and she noticed the pistol suddenly pointed at her, the warmth of the library did very little to stop her from breaking out into a cold sweat. Her hands trembled to a point where she gripped her seat to try and hide them, basically shaking the chair itself. Her eyes never leaving the gun waiting for the final moment, her mind racing trying to figure out a way to get out of this but only panicked reminders responded.

She shut her eyes waiting for the end to come when Davy's laughter caused her to open one eye. Hearing his words she slowly opened another before blinking a few times realizing the man's joke. She grit her teeth and raised her hand almost prepared to strangle the man only to remember strangling him wouldn't work and he could change his mind. With a glare she just raised her hood and used it to cover her face trying to hide the anger present on it.
The feeling faded however as his final words caught her.
"You want me...to keep living?"
The very idea of Davy wanting her to live caught Zilia off guard but she offered a nod to him.
"I can't promise I'll be receptive but I'll at least listen."
She really hoped that wasn't too soon.

"Aye." Was all he responded with as he tipped his hat to her. The comfort of the library soon began to disappear to return her back to the deck of the ship like the rest.

zFsi3Jr.png

1nczXaE.png

Q8NvlXr.png

Time: Late at Night
Ocean

"Ah, thorough. But fair. S'pose I can't go enacting any master plans that involve it." Davy's joking was obvious. "I look forward seein' who else ya cut down with that blade of yours." The orb of light in his hand began to glow much to bright to look into, until it split apart. Unlike before, the storm that raged inside of it was separated, leaving the orb of light calm and still. "This one is yours." He nudged the orb, the very representation of her soul, back towards Alicia and it disappeared back where it belonged.

"Aye, and this one's mine." The separate 'storm' was placed in the inside of his coat pocket as if it were spare change. "And our deal," He politely gestured to Alicia's left hand. On the back of the first mate's hand, it looked as though someone was writing out their name. It didn't hurt, but it did create a warm sensation. And upon closer inspection, in ornate cursive, it read 'D. Jones'. "That's just ta make it official." The signature soon disappeared, leaving her hand as it once was. "Recovery time should be like," Davy snapped his hand to show how quick it would be and laughed. "Nice makin' deals with ya. Try not ta mess that soul up again, I don't usually untaint a soul, so much as keep it." He gave her a pirate salute and stood to his feet as the illusion began to fade.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Davy was standing in front of the crew again looking rather pleased with himself. Whether he got a deal out of the crew or not, he seemed to have gotten something he wanted.

With a smile, he flicked his hat upwards to the group. "Aye, I do appreciate all of the coo-op-erations. Yer an easy ta deal with crew compared ta others. Most panic and try ta fight fer their lives. It's not a pretty sight. Kinda pathetic if ya ask me." He was about to ramble on, but he snapped his fingers, getting back on track. "Right, your cap'n. You're all so anxiously worried about her." His gaze cut to Cedric for a brief moment. It was quick, but it was knowing as he acknowledge the man was a less anxious and more angry crew member. "And she's done hidin' and beratin' little ole me,"

With a casual wave of his hand, the wall of fog blocking the crew from the other side of the ship began to clear. Coral spotted the captain approaching first. The bird leapt from Alicia's shoulders and raced over to the captain, only to pause. For a moment, the bird seemed to not recognize Runali until the fog cleared completely.

"I wasn't gone that long." She mumbled while Coral pressed her head against Runali's cheek. "And hiding is… not the word I'd use for it." Despite Davy, disappearing and reappearing around the crew, Runali's eyes stayed on him. "It was a conversation that just… didn't need everyone's attention. And I'd appreciate if you'd stop spooking my crew and telling them wild stories."

"I've done nothing but tell them the truth, Lev! Cross my heart." Davy drew an 'X' where his heart would have been. "They don't know nothin' you don't want 'em to." He appeared at Luro's side. "But accordin' to some points made, I think they deserve ta know, y'know?" He ended up between Jack and Cedric, deciding to rest an arm on Cedric's shoulder. The tailor wouldn't feel a weight, rather a chilling presence instead. "Secrets kill haven't ya heard? And not everyone likes ya makin' deals with the devil." He pretended to hide his pointing behind one hand, but it was obvious he was gesturing to Cedric. "Even if this devil is a life saver. Ya know, it's that or they'll just keep askin' me." He began to mimic the crew's voices. "What dues do you plan to collect?" "Why are you comin' after the captain?" "In the absence of our captain, I would ask you discuss any debts you have with this crew with me." He sounded just like the crew, hovering between them as he spoke, almost to mock their postures as well. Though, eventually, he ended up back at Cedric's shoulder.

"I mean, I don't wanna tell 'em about the shipwreck if you're avid on not sharin'- oh, heh, whoops."

He didn't sound very remorseful. Runali knew he wasn't. She wasn't sure what he had been telling her crew, nor was she sure why he suddenly wanted to egg them on. She looked death in the eye, keeping her gaze away from her crew. For a brief moment, she looked challenging, but she seemed to lose an unspoken battle deciding to sigh and rub her temples.

"If you really must know, it was a deal for… a life." Runali pushed her hair out of her face and finally looked at each of her crew. "Stardusk has shipwrecked… twice." She paused and glanced over at Luro as if reaffirming it. "Yeah… twice. When we shipwrecked… the second time," That made it clear that the only ones really involved were Luro, Alicia, and Kadi. The others hadn't been apart of the crew at that time, so there was no reason for them to even be worried in Runali's eyes. "...Someone died. Or, almost died. So, I made a deal with Jones here." She gestured to the reaper who gave a salute. "I was gonna give a life for a life, but he decided to play some waiting game. So, no one died. Still went to Kane'Artem- almost died there, that was fun. Blahblahblah, and now we're here. He came to collect on his half of the deal." She waved a dismissive hand. "Who almost died isn't important because you're all here. Including the ones that I met after Kane'Artem."

Davy seemed to be overly satisfied with the reveal, while Runali kept a level tone not wanting to make it a big deal. He ended up between Sara and Alicia, and then between Alicia and Luro. "Stardusk luck never ceases ta amaze me. Any of ya woulda been a fine addition to my crew." He paused for a moment looking over at Kadi. "Aye, that one too. 'Cept the Undersea took you before I could." He gave a shrug. "S'pose that crosses out one outta who owes the cap'n a life debt."

"No one owes me a life debt." Runali corrected.

"That ain't how life debts work. Trust me, all of ya owe one ta me. Maybe 'cept the navigator and the foolish one over there." He jutted his thumb in Sara's direction. "Though, had it not been for me promisin', she'd probably be on a one way ticket ta the Albatross ." He raised a brow over at Sara. "A real shame ya can't swim yet. I'd be careful if I were you. Don't wanna get dragged down or anythin'."

"If he wanted you dead Sara, you'd be dead. Jones, if all you wanted was to pay a visit then by all means, you can go back to reaping others." The wind in the sails picked up, making the boat lurch forward and move again. Runali stuck her hand out causing Davy to stop hovering around the crew and step in front of the pirate captain. "Deal's a deal."

"Safety- no, a life for a memory? This is a fun collection I'm gonna have." He shook her hand and a familiar sight to a small few of them occurred. Runali's left hand looked as though someone was writing out their name. The sensation was warm and slightly annoying, but it lasted for seconds. And when he let go of her hand, the signature, 'D. Jones', was gone.

1576551786928.png
1576551768524.png

Zilia had to resist the urge not to fall to her knees upon seeing everyone again, she was genuinely surprised to see Luro wasn't missing an arm or something. Davy was still around though so she couldn't help but remain on edge, especially when he appeared next to her, but thankfully he moved on quickly enough. Seeing the Captain again also brought her a bit of relief along with the giant who was digging in his sleeves, only looking up once the Captain had returned. He smiled at her and waved before going back to his sleeves, as if seeing her again was just a matter of course.
"So everyone really was offered a proposition…" Zilia held up a note still clearly on edge.
"He offered me one too Z," Luro said
"…did you take it?"
"We can ask who took what later on Z, DJ's talking."
Zilia almost envied Luro's lack of awareness…almost.

Luro offered a bit of light applause, a bottle of rum in hand, at Davy's mimicry. Davy really nailed down the voices he even got the Alicia posture down, even he couldn't get it just right. He kept wondering if he should push his hips out more. Seeing it from the other side he got a handle on how he was doing it wrong, he took a moment to try doing it before straightening up. He looked over at Z afterwards as he wasn't entirely sure but he thought he noticed Z's hand twitch ever so slightly at Davy's 'secret' comment, he stared at her for a moment but let it go as he was pretty sure she was tense from being around Davy.
"Hey hey do Z next."
Zilia glanced in his direction and Luro held up a sheet of paper.
"Don't forget the glare."
Luro looked at Zilia and her narrowed eyes before he pointed at her.
"Yeah that one."

At the mention of a shipwreck the smile on Luro's face shrunk a little, he brought a hand to his shoulder at this and looked over at Runali. He offered a small nod when he met her gaze, that was one thing he wouldn't forget, whatever the state of his memories losing the Coral twice was all too real.
"Once by monster and once by sea," Luro said crossing his arms. "…she didn't survive the second and the first was only cause of DJ. We wrecked a few times, the Nyiri desert being one time but the Coral came back at least."
Luro took the rifle off his back and this and flipped it to the underside, as the Captain shared the specifics of the deal. Luro kept his gaze on the rifle but nodded to show at the very least he was listening to her. That day was still fresh in his mind, even during his own travels afterwards he could recall everything down to the smallest detail, the cold rain pelting against his skin, the harsh wind rocking the ship, the slick deck making it near impossible to stand. He remembered the taste of copper having bit his lip hard enough to bleed while trying to hold onto the rope that kept threatening to slip through his fingers.
The only real light was the dance of lighting around them, that seemed to flash inches away from the ship and he wouldn't forget the sick feeling in his stomach at hearing 'retreat' from the Captain.
He didn't disagree with her judgment then but something in his heart told him the Coral wouldn't survive, he could feel it.
His body shivered at the memory, Imposter was having the time of his life back then but he…he was filled with endless worry. He wanted to believe the Coral Pearl would hold…but he knew that ship, he knew what she could take and that storm wasn't one of them.
He'd be lying if he said he didn't feel excitement at fighting against the harshness of mother nature, but it cost him his crew so he couldn't call it a fond memory.

Zilia peeked over at Luro watching him stare at a small spot on his rifle with distant eyes. It was incredibly subtle, impossible to see without knowing it was there. A small piece of wood that was just slightly…ever so slightly a different hue from the rest of it, hidden where his hand normally rested. A piece of the Coral Pearl he constantly kept with him. She remembered Luro was able to recall that day vividly when she asked about it, almost as if it had happened the day before, he had shown her that piece of wood showing he always kept a piece of her with him.
She had spoken to Alicia, Kadi and the Captain about it as well, to see that moment from each of their eyes.
Admittedly she wasn't pleased the Captain had kept it from the three that were there, that day was never far behind, she remembered that Luro kept it incredibly close to heart looking at him now. She'd been around him long enough to know the sadness behind the smile currently resting on his face.

Luro returned his rifle to his back and his normal smile returned to him as he clapped his hands together at the mention of Luck, while Zilia was looking over at Sara concerned what exactly she had said to the 'reaper of the seas' to get that rather specific response from him. She tried to ask with her eyes but Luro's comment drew her attention back to him.
"The lost of the Coral a few years back that separated us all huh…" Luro said rubbing the side of his head. "Haha I thought I just got lucky, well minus waking up on a deserted island afterwards. So the Captain might have had a hand in that day."
Luro chuckled and shut his eyes before moving his hands into his sleeves.
"I'll end up on your ship eventually DJ, till then I got a promise to remain here. Especially so if my survival, once again was courtesy of the Captain…though it could have been one of the others. Alicia…Kadi…you guys got an opinion on this whole thing?"

Zilia ended up stumbling forward as the ship started moving again, all the more content to see see Davy be on his way. She didn't like having someone around who understood certain shameful aspects of her. Her eyes raised to the Captain before her moving to the writing on her hand, Zilia's eye twitched slightly and she looked at Luro seeing he was focused on the writing as well, looking at his own hand and tilting his head.
"Fancy."
That was the most that came out of him at the exchange and Zilia quickly wrote in her note holding it up to him.
"Captain…what did Davy Jones just collect...you said time but…"
"Aw man I could have asked where that monster was. I owe it a proper favor for destroying the Coral the first time," Luro said rubbing the side of his head. "DJ is that monster still around?"

Last edited:
Bony shoulders shrank under Davy's weight. Cedric glared at the offending arm. The chill stirred a darker emotion from deep within. He forced the bile back and leaned as far away as he could. He hated people intruding into his personal space without permission. It was extremely uncomfortable. Shuddering inwardly, the tailor forced himself to breath slowly. He needed to stay calm and focused.

Sid realised that he couldn't afford to expose anymore weaknesses to the people gathered here. They had already seen his pathetic self after he lost the fight with Charlotte. He ...

His mind spiralled out of control as disgust tainted his thoughts. He crossed his arms over his chest and hunched over. Slowly, his eyes screwed shut. He took several deep breaths before pulling himself together again. This intrusion was uncalled for! Cedric slapped the arm away for the umpteenth time.

"D'que diable parle-vous?" (implied "Aren't you that devil himself? I don't know any other devils") He muttered with a slight narrowing of his eyes. He hoped the reaper wouldn't call him out on his bluff. The pest knew him too well after their tête-à-tête.

Unconsciously, his right hand reached for the opposite wrist. Sid clutched the newly acquired brand as he backed away from the group. He was glad that no one seemed to notice. All eyes were focused on l'capitaine and her brief recount of the events leading up to this very moment. He continued rubbing his wrist while the information sank in.

The brothers' eyes met briefly. He stopped himself from chiding Jack for making such a reckless bargain; he was no hypocrite. The younger sibling let go of his wrist and massaged the bridge of his nose. He was going to have a long chat with fére after this. There was still the problem of their captain. The deal implied was ...

"Capitaine, did you offered this faucheuse your mémoire?" He blinked incredulously. The price was inégal (not equal). No memory could possibly be worth a life. "To bargain for a life ..."

"It's folie pure! (sheer madness) Are you sure this deal is worth your own life and sanity?" Cedric argued.

Her act might have been a noble sacrifice but he was disturbed. A leader without any sense of self-preservation was a very risky person to follow. He scowled. "But why ...? Whether it's our life or the entirety of our memories, you could have easily asked any of us to take your place. There wouldn't even be a crew without you."

He wasn't offering himself as a sacrifice by any means. He spoke because he felt obliged to point out the flaws in her plan. No matter how magnanimous, Ms Lev forgot her own important. It was a trait that was deeply ingrained in Alicia, the first mate. He fell silent, realising he was wasting his breath. There was no persuading the two women otherwise. Both them had shackled him to their cause without meaning to. He was never felt so trapped before. Another life debt? Non! It was simply too much too soon. Surely someone would agree with him. Wasn't that what was expected of a subordinate?