Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't know who Bell is, I'm just Winter here.
How ominous. Like a retired hero.

Or villain.

we're ready to post on your orders, @Capt. Blu .
Hold those horses. The new cycle hasn't started yet. And I believe there will be a short tavern scene that could end up being one entire cycle in itself. Don't worry, if it's not the most obvious when to post it, Winter'll let you know.

did two most 'order' leaning characters agreed to do a very, very low swindle on the fight to win money?
The pirate ways, the Stardusk life- it's gotten to them

(Also I didn't mention this yet but thank you for keeping up the puns @Mizos haha it was well overdue for cold jokes)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mizos
Luro is so proud of those two they've come over to the Chaos side. Well Neutral Chaos.

Reactions: Capt. Blu
Just a heads up, since you guys are going to a bar.

Wine is the most common drink to Tilea.. The hills produce excellent grapes thanks to the volcanic soil, which leads Tilean winemakers to make some of the finest, and most intoxicating, wine in the world. So, not much soil, if any, is dedicated to alcoholic crops outside of grape vines so other Tilean booze is super rare. Since it is a harbor town, it'll be cheaper so don't worry too much about it.

Oh, one more thing to note. The wine is super strong so people water it down as to enjoy it more. Tileans view anyone who doesn't do this practice as barbarians and philistines, so with a bottle of wine it's common to add a separate order of water, free of charge.

• Useful
Reactions: Capt. Blu
Despite it being a cartoon theme, this is a nice song. It 'radiates positivity' even. I think I might have shared this one before.

I don't think we're waiting for anyone right now?

@Eastwood gets a free period, if ya wanna just post what Sara's up to before the fight- not necessary but you can. @SilentxChaos same ordeal for you too with Jack as well. Technically, the "big fight" is waited upon. So, if you two wanna skip the cycle let me know.

I can probably post the next cycle tomorrow.

How does that sound to you guys? Also how're you guys? I don't ask that a lot, do I?

Last edited:
I didn't even realize I posted this early in the cycle, not even kidding I had to go back and look.

That information you gave is extremely handy East...it's a shame I can't translate that into the story.

Kadi has yet to ask his favor Aki, we just got set up and now tension. I say give it another day unless Arcadius is just going to do it during the transfer or something, I wanna know what's up.

In answer to your question I'm good, busy but good thanks for asking Aki, and ask that question all you want.

I didn't even realize I posted this early in the cycle, not even kidding I had to go back and look.
Yeah everyone posted a lot earlier than I expected.

Kadi has yet to ask his favor Aki
Oh not to worry, that's covered and taken care of. I'm giving it a whole cycle on its own- which is the next cycle.

And also nice nice good to hear.

As the local holder of the Staff of Pedantry, i have to ask: theres only so far you can go in proof with simple fermentation. What about brandy distillation? Its solution on what to do with substandart crops or batches of wine that is simply not up to par.

Additionally, what about fortified wines, like vermouth?

...oh I'm looking forward to the answer to that question.

How are you doing Aki?

Made me smile.

I'm okay. It's really humid where I am and will be for the next week, so I'm not exactly thrilled, but otherwise, doin' pretty good.

I... honestly have no idea what to say to that Arc. I don't know very much alcohol, much less wine, so I couldn't tell you.

What I can tell you though is that wine, pretty much like everything else that Tilea is based on, is practically Roman wine. I don't know too much about it's strength, but according to accounts, a common party trick was to flick just a tiny amount of it into the flame of a candle and watch it ignite.

As for brandy, hmm, sure. But if you have any good ideas, throw em out there.

Lord knows I need them.

Yep yep, I may just post later today or tomorrow, depending on when I or Arc do last minute edits to the post.

Staff of Pedantry
It's an Arcadius specialty. I've only learned to be somewhat prepared for it. Mostly prepared- Prepared enough.

How are you doing Aki?
O me I'm fiiine. It's humid here too but I've been under a fan for like three days and refuse to move. I don't do much besides art, work and eventually go back to school anyway hah

Made me smile.
These are two things I never thought I'd see together nor have I thought about in the same light and yet here they are. The internet sure is a crazy place full of wonders lol
(And also good that you're good)

Ah, sure, I know where (well, me and wiki does) you come from. A quick glance at the wiki tidbit seems to hint that the lack of alcohol varieties (as in, types of distillates and whatnot) was made up with adding flavoring and fragrants into the wine proper. Obviously, brandy or any distillate is product of alchemy and chemistry, and since ancient Rome wouldn't know much about proper distillation process (sans freeze-distillation, where you freeze the fermented liquid to separate water and increase the alcohol concentration, I actually suspect that could have been the source of the wine Pliny mentions. To actually sustain flame, you need >50%/100proof strong liquid), would not really be around yet, but we ain't constrained by that technology wise (but we could be culturally, Tilea could see distillation via flames and complicated distilling columns as impure and artificial?).

Fermentation by itself can yield max 25%/50 proof alcohol, with modern tech and modern yeast (link). I reckon 15%/30 proof would be attainable with natural yeast that wasn't made with advanced breeding engineering.

Anyway, point is, it seems that if you want to base it on Roman, ancient Roman, wine culture, you have extreme range of options, without needing to use modern equivalents.

Yula Fei alcohol is mostly Sake.

Keep in mind that that's Ancient Rome, and Tilea is kind of like the Roman Empire if it hadn't completely collapsed. So the foundation is Roman, sure, but with years upon years of development.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mostly Sake she says.

I always enjoy lesson time in the OOC. You don't get to slack cause it's summer.

Some of that I actually didn't know (I know a few bartenders so you learn stuff) always fun to learn something new.

I also enjoy we have a "rome", now we just need a Mesopotamia.

O me I'm fiiine
Spoke too soon, I'm melting in the heat now lol

I also enjoy we have a "rome", now we just need a Mesopotamia.
Anything's possible in PA- so I've learned.

And a post is up! Early too, so that's cool. Thanks Arc for the collab. A nice 'mysterious' build up towards the future. And also a short pre-fight interaction can't hurt. Although, fair warning, this will only last one cycle. Just so you know and don't plan anything worth...more than that. Of course next cycle I'm moving the group towards the "big fight". So another heads up to not push, too far forward there also. The next cycle is on the 6th (Thursday) so get your posts up then!

I had a reason for sharing this. I did.

But hey, you guys get two songs for the price of one today. I don't have any other breaking news announcements so *thumbs up*

On a different note, going through old PA OOC stuff I realize I do --> *thumbs up* <--- a lot.

Reactions: Eastwood and Mizos
Texas... that place must be like a state sized grill in summer, no?

This is why I don't wanna go to Texas or Arizona in the summer ever. Saw an article that things were quite literally melting in Arizona.

Also let me live it was storming like 3 days straight before hand. Mother nature is just spinning a wheel going "Huh, wonder what the weather should be today!" Or rather "in the next 3 hours what dramatic change can I make?"

I can only shake my fist at the sky.

Well, thanks to SNL, I don't think I can ever take that song seriously.
Oh no you're right that skit was hilarious. That might have been the reason too. Dang should've shared the skit instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.