• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great we can start posting soon then.

DNsXXq9.jpg

at least the treasure... wasn't some... metaphorical... nonsense... like comradeship...

Lol I feel like a fourth wall was broken here. Alternatively, what do you mean Kadi didn't value the camaraderie that was the captain rigging a bandage and telling him to put pep in his step so they didn't get shot hah

I'll try to have Alicia cut through people a bit faster than usual so we can pick up the new guys :P

Reactions: Arcadius
I said I was gonna post last night but boy howdy I didn't whoops-

Anywho! The next cycle will wrap everything up! (Kinda rushed I know, my apologies. I didn't exactly expect people to be interested so quickly. Don't want them waiting too long.)

A big thanks to @Grothnor for the arc!

The next posting cycle will beeee the 18th the 19th of June! Ideally, the 18th but I'm not sure if I'll be on considering the 18th is ma day of birth. So, yeah, you guys get an extra day!

Annd I've been slacking on songs so here's one I just found that I like:

Wheee! No more posting responsibilities above and beyond the norm! :p

Out of (drunken) boredom and the desire to play a game after witnessing a kickass trailer for an expansion on E3, I decided to create an XCOM2 squad based upon the Stardusk crew! I read through the appearance description and the images based on the OOC post and here are my best efforts.

You might have noticed that Jack is missing, only because I can't access his image for whatever reason, hence I have no idea what he looks like.

Haha nice. As for E3, I'm super excited for Anthem, Metro and the Horizon DLC, that's about it.

Lol I feel like a fourth wall was broken here. Alternatively, what do you mean Kadi didn't value the camaraderie that was the captain rigging a bandage and telling him to put pep in his step so they didn't get shot hah

Quite the opposite, I value camaraderie! But loot is loot.

In other news, that train in the Metro trailer looked absolutely awesome. Same for the XCOM expansion. Also, Anthem had Karpyshin writing the story, it seems (Drew Karpyshyn on Twitter) , so... guess we can declare tenative hype?

Edit: XCOM crew... <rant>of all the irrelevant countries, of course they had to only include Poland as the representative of Eastern Block Central European states!</rant> (In all seriousness, that actually quite fits, just a tad too old) But trooper isn't the right class, he should actually be... well, you'll see after my arc.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't know too much about the characters, aside from the OOC post, so I approximated nationalities and work through educated guessing. Like, Alicia is Japanese and Sara is Italian, for obvious reasons, but for Arc I guessed Poland because his name kind of sounds Polish.

Oh, by no means it was supposed to be complaint or anything! The team in XCOM is actually pretty cool idea, will you keep us informed about the progress of the game? Especially of Luro's and Alicia's killcount. We need to know which of them is the one with girly hands.

Reactions: Mizos
XCOM2 squad based upon the Stardusk crew!
This is neat I like it! And what flag is Runali's? If I'm not mistaken it's like Lithuania or something? I think I did a project on that country once upon a time ago

o I approximated nationalities and work through educated guessing.
That's pretty fair of a guess to be honest.

We need to know which of them is the one with girly hands.
Seconded.

Alicia's background and nation is a mix of Asian cultures, primarily Chinese and Japanese. So well done!

I think I'm going to start this XCom campaign over and set a mod in which I can have eight members at a time so the whole crew could exist on a team.

I'll also keep track of the campaign too.

@Capt. Blu I changed the nationality from Lithuania (good guess by the way) to India, since her name is apparently Indian in origin.

Oh, by no means it was supposed to be complaint or anything! The team in XCOM is actually pretty cool idea, will you keep us informed about the progress of the game? Especially of Luro's and Alicia's killcount. We need to know which of them is the one with girly hands.

Girly hands? I don't get it.

Throwback to Yula Fey drinking game:

Reactions: Mizos
(good guess by the way) to India, since her name is apparently Indian in origin.
Siiiiick, thanks middle school history. Also indeed it is. You are correct.

Throwback to Yula Fey drinking game:
A classic. A true classic. (And a nice song to match- well still a nice song)

Girly hands? I don't get it.

Luro keeps joking about Alicia having huge manly hands (or have I made that up? I feel like I keep losing marbles lately). The joke is that the better killer would have larger hands. It's crude, stupid and not overall that funny.

Luro keeps joking about Alicia having huge manly hands (or have I made that up? I feel like I keep losing marbles lately). The joke is that the better killer would have larger hands. It's crude, stupid and not overall that funny.

Oh ok, Luro for some reason references Alicia with manly examples, I think hands was one of them.

And also, losing the challenge would demolish Luro's ego.

Edit: this being XCOM2, whoever will be gunslinger sniper will win. Faceoff and Fan Fire just murderkills everything.

Luro has indeed mentioned manly hands, he still has four more body parts to name but that's reserved for future moments.

On that note I enjoyed every bit of those screenshots. Man I hope Metroid has a speedrun reward like the original, that'd be awesome.

Also no Arcadius...that joke was crudely classy, it was perfect.

XCom 2 - Gate Crasher!

Here are my rules;

1. The difficulty set is Normal, with Ironman enabled. For those who don't know, Ironman is a setting in which you can only have one save file at a time, and you can't revert to an older save. Whatever happens, happens!

2. My squad size is limited only to the Stardusk crew and there will be no substitutions. If someone is wounded or dead, I can't bring them along within for the next mission. I also dismissed any soldier that isn't part of the crew to prevent them from showing up.

Reactions: Capt. Blu
Status
Not open for further replies.