Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, I haven't been following the action in the IC thread super closely so I'd like to ask whether anybody has an idea of the current positions of any character/groups. I'm planning on writing Neptune back into the action, but I'm just trying to see where everybody's at currently.

I PMed you with an idea :)

Alright. So I believe I have a better copy laid out. Any complications or errors you see I'll gladly fix.

Name singular: Necromancee
Name plural: Necromancer
Powers/Abilities: The Ability to bring anything back to life, including themselves. As well as overwhelming strength
Lifespan: However long they deem fit, when they're ready, they die.
Physical description: Usually colored with unnaturally bright colours of hair and white iris' with dark black rings around them haunt their eyes.
Cultural description: A necromancer is forced into showering twice a day due to the ungodly stench of the dead, their activities are more often than not used for good, and besides this they live as regular humans.

Short description:
Often unearthly calm, never impressed nor depressed they often seem to lack emotions and are often called by humans. 'Sociopaths' Though this usually only happens when a Necromancee is accidently left in the hands of a human. Besides this they are rather argumentative creatures and enjoy verbal arguments. When a creature is brought back to life by a necromancer it is more often then the same as they once were, Unless the act is done by a incredibly young or inexperienced necromancee.

If this act is performed by a young or inexperienced the person's personality and body could both be demented. For an example, say a rabbit was ressurected from the dead by a young wizard. The rabbit would. be born with a blank slate of mind. Meaning the only they can remember properly is breathing, which could provide complicated. Another example would be if the rabbit had been dead for too long, when it is raided it could still be rotted and maggot infested, though this won't immediately kill them. When A necromancer revives a soul its almost like raising warriors from the dead. Any dead a necromancer raises will be bound to its order. Though with a incantation and a sacrifice of the original necromancers blood the creature can be released.

Necromancers are notoriously known for bringing back animals then releasing them to continue their life. Though this is only known under the following circumstances. The animal is shot by a human. The animal is ran over by a human made device. The animal is killed due to deforestation from the humans, or otherwise killed by humans. It is also known that more than half of necromancers are vegetarians.

The strength they hold isn't entirely unbeatable. With every necromancer their strength comes with their weight or height. For example a 110 pound necromancer could easily bench press 220 pounds. And while this strength is great and all, if a necromancer doesn't know how to fight. They can still be killed.

It is extremely important that Necromancee children aren't left to be adopted. Leaving them so can cause confusion and conflict and a clash since humans are not to know about their power. Since there is no Necromancer community, only singular wandering necromancers or even occasionally small groups. Its often difficult to keep track of all the Necromancers to make sure they don't fall into the adoptive system.

It can hold severe after effects if a human is to realize that their child is not normal. Some major examples of this are. Their bright coloured hair. Their eyes. They often don't age past 16 or 17 human years. The often carry the stench of death even if they had not been working with them.

Another thing worth mentioning is their ability to bring themselves back from the dead. This is almost always an instantaneous decision. There's is little room left to stop and think. As for a necromancer the second they die a sort of backup generator starts up. Its there only to keep them in between life and death. The backup generator is absort of reserve of energy, but aside for when the Necromancer needs it most. When they decide they will live or die one of the following will happen. They will decide to die, and release their magical clutch onto their reserve, allowing them to pass to death. Or they will choose to live and use the remaining energy from the reserve to rise again. This is why the choice must be made so quickly, so they still have enough power to be pulled back to live.

On another note, a necromancer is born a necromancer and there's no other available way to access ot. Though the blood of a necromancer is dominant and can even become suddenly active after generations of laying dormant.

@gamer5 You sealed the jelly beans off in one direction -- but I say that the flood is still spreading out in other directions, so that other people still have a chance to react to it.

Besides, no one's found the source of them yet. :P

Sorry, I haven't been following the action in the IC thread super closely so I'd like to ask whether anybody has an idea of the current positions of any character/groups. I'm planning on writing Neptune back into the action, but I'm just trying to see where everybody's at currently.
Deen, Aelos, Nova, Primary, and Ishika are at the Java Squirrel, where everyone is currently naked -- except for Nova, because she didn't arrive until after everyone became naked.

Avarice, Seiko, and Aerly are... somewhere. I don't remember where they are, but I know that those three are interacting together (@chaosheart13, @AnimeLover_Princess).

Kaessya just bumped into another student, and I didn't say who it was, so that anyone who has a free character can insert themselves there. She's also sort of stuck until someone does take that offer. And I WOULD say that it's probably the best way to re-introduce Neptune, but @Luma said something about putting Luna in that role, and I don't remember if that's still going to be a thing or not.

Naia and Nightshade were just dealing with the jelly bean flood, and Naia managed to seal it in one hallway (but it's still spreading out elsewhere, because no one's found the source of the flood yet, and sealing off one hallway doesn't completely contain it). Then Nightshade went back to his room.

Sera, Anna, Sol, and possibly Luna (depending on whether or not Luna's going to be the one who interacts with Kaessya) are all free characters.

• Thank You
Reactions: Eru
I'm glad that you've fleshed this out. It's much more detailed now. However the organization is a huge issue. All the information that I wanted you to add, was just tacked under the "short description" field, which makes it sound like all of it is supposed to be part of the short description, but obviously that isn't right. This info should all be edited into the appropriate areas. For example, when I asked how bringing people back from the dead works, it would make sense to add that additional information right after the part where you said that they have that ability in the first place. Does that make sense?

I offered some suggestions about where to move each piece of information, but, really, you can put it wherever you think it makes the most sense, and revise things to flow better overall if you deem it necessary. But some effort does need to be made to move everything to the appropriate section.

Name singular: Necromancee
Uh... you sure? "Necromancee" would normally be the word used to describe a person who was brought back to life via necromancy. :/ And there are a few instances in the CS where you use the word "necromancer" as the singular (which really makes more sense to begin with), so... yeah...

First thing's first -- choose what the singular form is (it's either "necromancee" or "necromancer", and I saw you using both). Secondly... it really doesn't need to be "necromancee". Like I said, it would be a rather confusing choice of words. "Necromancer" would be much better, if you have no objections to it.

When a creature is brought back to life by a necromancer it is more often then the same as they once were, Unless the act is done by a incredibly young or inexperienced necromancee.
Ok then... this would imply that the individuals who were brought back had their souls returned to them, but that would become a problem if that soul no longer exists (ie: souls that were sent to hell and eaten by demons).

What happens if there is no soul to bring back? (I wouldn't have expected you to have thought of this before -- but since it conflicts with existing lore, it's something we should sort out now.)

Also, this info should be moved under powers/abilities with the other information about bringing the dead back to life. (And I recommend just making a bulleted list for powers so that you have room to explain each one without everything getting cluttered together, in that case.)

Any dead a necromancer raises will be bound to its order. Though with a incantation and a sacrifice of the original necromancers blood the creature can be released.
I feel like there should be a little more elaboration on this. What "incantation and sacrifice"? o_o"

Also, this entire paragraph should be moved under powers/abilities -- again, preferably under a bullet point solely dedicated to reviving the dead.

Necromancers are notoriously known for bringing back animals then releasing them to continue their life. Though this is only known under the following circumstances. The animal is shot by a human. The animal is ran over by a human made device. The animal is killed due to deforestation from the humans, or otherwise killed by humans. It is also known that more than half of necromancers are vegetarians.
Should we assume that animals don't have souls, and that therefore any rules related to that don't apply to them? (Your judgement call on this, really.)

Also, this paragraph should be moved to "cultural description".

The strength they hold isn't entirely unbeatable. With every necromancer their strength comes with their weight or height. For example a 110 pound necromancer could easily bench press 220 pounds. And while this strength is great and all, if a necromancer doesn't know how to fight. They can still be killed.
This should be moved under powers/abilities, under a bullet point dedicated to explaining a necromancer's strength.

It is extremely important that Necromancee children aren't left to be adopted. Leaving them so can cause confusion and conflict and a clash since humans are not to know about their power. Since there is no Necromancer community, only singular wandering necromancers or even occasionally small groups. Its often difficult to keep track of all the Necromancers to make sure they don't fall into the adoptive system.
This should also be moved under "cultural description".

It can hold severe after effects if a human is to realize that their child is not normal. Some major examples of this are. Their bright coloured hair. Their eyes. They often don't age past 16 or 17 human years. The often carry the stench of death even if they had not been working with them.
This should also be moved under "cultural description", ideally right after where you left off talking about necromancer children being adopted by humans (there doesn't even need to be a paragraph break).

Another thing worth mentioning is their ability to bring themselves back from the dead. This is almost always an instantaneous decision. There's is little room left to stop and think. As for a necromancer the second they die a sort of backup generator starts up. Its there only to keep them in between life and death. The backup generator is absort of reserve of energy, but aside for when the Necromancer needs it most. When they decide they will live or die one of the following will happen. They will decide to die, and release their magical clutch onto their reserve, allowing them to pass to death. Or they will choose to live and use the remaining energy from the reserve to rise again. This is why the choice must be made so quickly, so they still have enough power to be pulled back to live.
This should be moved under powers/abilities, under a bullet point dedicated to their ability to bring themselves back.

On another note, a necromancer is born a necromancer and there's no other available way to access ot. Though the blood of a necromancer is dominant and can even become suddenly active after generations of laying dormant.
This should be moved... really anywhere else you see fit. It could go under physical or cultural description, or "other" if you don't think it fits anywhere else.

Hopefully the last edit. :)

Name singular: Necromancer

Powers/Abilities:

Ability to bring the dead back

When a creature is brought back to life by a necromancer it is more often then the same as they once were, Unless the act is done by a incredibly young or inexperienced necromancer. If this act is performed by a young or inexperienced the person's personality and body could both be demented. For an example, say a rabbit was resurrected from the dead by a young wizard. The rabbit would. be born with a blank slate of mind. Meaning the only they can remember properly is breathing, which could provide complicated. Another example would be if the rabbit had been dead for too long, when it is raided it could still be rotted and maggot infested, though this won't immediately kill them. When A necromancer revives a soul it's almost like raising warriors from the dead. Any dead a necromancer raises will be bound to its order. Though with a incantation and a sacrifice of the original necromancers blood the creature can be released.

Another thing worth mentioning is their ability to bring themselves back from the dead. This is almost always an instantaneous decision. There's is little room left to stop and think. As for a necromancer the second they die a sort of backup generator starts up. Its there only to keep them in between life and death. The backup generator is absort of reserve of energy, but aside for when the Necromancer needs it most. When they decide they will live or die one of the following will happen. They will decide to die, and release their magical clutch onto their reserve, allowing them to pass to death. Or they will choose to live and use the remaining energy from the reserve to rise again. This is why the choice must be made so quickly, so they still have enough power to be pulled back to live. Though Necromancers aren't perfect and there are occasions in which the soul from the revived animal or person is no longer around. Mostly being eaten by demons. And in this case life is brought back to the corpse. Though now it holds no emotions or memories. It's the same outcome as if a child performed Necromancee.

Extra Strength

Physical description: Usually colored with unnaturally bright colours of hair and white iris' with dark black rings around them haunt their eyes.

Cultural description:

A necromancer is forced into showering twice a day due to the ungodly stench of the dead, their activities are more often than not used for good, and besides this they live as regular humans.

It is extremely important that Necromancer children aren't left to be adopted. Leaving them so can cause confusion and conflict and a clash since humans are not to know about their power. Since there is no Necromancer community, only singular wandering necromancers or even occasionally small groups. Its often difficult to keep track of all the Necromancers to make sure they don't fall into the adoptive system. It can hold severe after effects if a human is to realize that their child is not normal. Some major examples of this are. Their bright coloured hair. Their eyes. They often don't age past 16 or 17 human years. The often carry the stench of death even if they had not been working with them.

Short description:
Often unearthly calm, never impressed nor depressed they often seem to lack emotions and are often called by humans. 'Sociopaths' Though this usually only happens when a Necromancer is accidently left in the hands of a human. Besides this they are rather argumentative creatures and enjoy verbal arguments.

Other

The plural, I imagine, would still be "necromancers"... unless you really want the plural and singular forms to be the same.

When A necromancer revives a soul it's almost like raising warriors from the dead.
We still haven't worked out what happens when a necromancer tries to revive someone whose soul has already been destroyed.

Though with a incantation and a sacrifice of the original necromancers blood the creature can be released.
I also would still like to know more about this "incantation and sacrifice".

Often unearthly calm, never impressed nor depressed they often seem to lack emotions and are often called by humans. 'Sociopaths' Though this usually only happens when a Necromancer is accidently left in the hands of a human. Besides this they are rather argumentative creatures and enjoy verbal arguments.
Also, I forgot to clarify this, but, the "short description" shouldn't provide any new information, which this one does. What you have here can easily be moved under the "cultural description".

The short description is just supposed to serve as a summary/preview of the full race sheet. For necromancers, I would say something like, "creatures that bring back the dead..." along with any other key characteristics that are worth noting.

Other

And while the order of the fields normally doesn't matter, the "short description" should really be the last thing, because it's sort of separate from the race sheet as a whole. So, just move "other" so that it comes before the "short description".

The plural, I imagine, would still be "necromancers"... unless you really want the plural and singular forms to be the same.

We still haven't worked out what happens when a necromancer tries to revive someone whose soul has already been destroyed.

I also would still like to know more about this "incantation and sacrifice".

Also, I forgot to clarify this, but, the "short description" shouldn't provide any new information, which this one does. What you have here can easily be moved under the "cultural description".

The short description is just supposed to serve as a summary/preview of the full race sheet. For necromancers, I would say something like, "creatures that bring back the dead..." along with any other key characteristics that are worth noting.

And while the order of the fields normally doesn't matter, the "short description" should really be the last thing, because it's sort of separate from the race sheet as a whole. So, just move "other" so that it comes before the "short description".
Alright. Ill fix that all up again. But i did add a bit about what happens when the souls gome undee abolities.

Name plural: Necromancers

Powers/Abilities:

When a creature is brought back to life by a necromancer it is more often then the same as they once were, Unless the act is done by a incredibly young or inexperienced necromancer. If this act is performed by a young or inexperienced the person's personality and body could both be demented. For an example, say a rabbit was resurrected from the dead by a young wizard. The rabbit would. be born with a blank slate of mind. Meaning the only they can remember properly is breathing, which could provide complicated. Another example would be if the rabbit had been dead for too long, when it is raided it could still be rotted and maggot infested, though this won't immediately kill them. When A necromancer revives a soul it's almost like raising warriors from the dead. Any dead a necromancer raises will be bound to its order. Though with a incantation and a sacrifice of the original necromancers blood the creature can be released.

Another thing worth mentioning is their ability to bring themselves back from the dead. This is almost always an instantaneous decision. There's is little room left to stop and think. As for a necromancer the second they die a sort of backup generator starts up. Its there only to keep them in between life and death. The backup generator is absort of reserve of energy, but aside for when the Necromancer needs it most. When they decide they will live or die one of the following will happen. They will decide to die, and release their magical clutch onto their reserve, allowing them to pass to death. Or they will choose to live and use the remaining energy from the reserve to rise again. This is why the choice must be made so quickly, so they still have enough power to be pulled back to live. Though Necromancers aren't perfect and there are occasions in which the soul from the revived animal or person is no longer around. Mostly being eaten by demons. And in this case life is brought back to the corpse. Though now it holds no emotions or memories. It's the same outcome as if a child performed Necromancee.

Extra Strength

Cultural description:

A necromancer is forced into showering twice a day due to the ungodly stench of the dead, their activities are more often than not used for good, and besides this they live as regular humans.

It is extremely important that Necromancer children aren't left to be adopted. Leaving them so can cause confusion and conflict and a clash since humans are not to know about their power. Since there is no Necromancer community, only singular wandering necromancers or even occasionally small groups. Its often difficult to keep track of all the Necromancers to make sure they don't fall into the adoptive system. It can hold severe after effects if a human is to realize that their child is not normal. Some major examples of this are. Their bright coloured hair. Their eyes. They often don't age past 16 or 17 human years. The often carry the stench of death even if they had not been working with them.

Other

To release an animal's soul a Necromancer must have at least one hand resting on the animal. After this they are to slice open their opposite palm, and place it over the first hand. Once this is done they are to shout a simple 9 syllable chant. After this is done. The necromancer will be temporarily unconscious. This usually lasts 10 to 20 minutes. Occasionally it can be as short as 2 or as long as 45 minutes. Though after this the animal is free.

Short description:
Necromancers are creatures that use their powers to bring life back into the dead. They are easily spotted with their bright hair and plain eyes and rarely travel in groups. Overall Necromancers are mostly solitary people.

Though Necromancers aren't perfect and there are occasions in which the soul from the revived animal or person is no longer around. Mostly being eaten by demons. And in this case life is brought back to the corpse. Though now it holds no emotions or memories. It's the same outcome as if a child performed Necromancee.
Ah, ok, I see it now -- I missed this the first time because I assumed that if you added this, it would've been mentioned in the paragraph about necromancers bringing other people back to life -- which makes more sense organization-wise than putting it in the paragraph about bringing themselves back.

I recommend moving it.

To release an animal's soul a Necromancer must have at least one hand resting on the animal. After this they are to slice open their opposite palm, and place it over the first hand. Once this is done they are to shout a simple 9 syllable chant. After this is done. The necromancer will be temporarily unconscious. This usually lasts 10 to 20 minutes. Occasionally it can be as short as 2 or as long as 45 minutes. Though after this the animal is free.
Again, for organization's sake, I would recommend either moving this so that it's right after the part that mentions the "incantation and sacrifice", OR you could add something to that sentence in parenthesis saying "more about this under 'other'" or something. Does that make sense?

Other than that, this looks good! ^^ Just fix those last couple things and I think you'll be good to go. Then I can take a look at your character sheet (although you may want to flesh it out more, if you haven't already -- it also looked rather bare when I first glanced at it).

Ah, ok, I see it now -- I missed this the first time because I assumed that if you added this, it would've been mentioned in the paragraph about necromancers bringing other people back to life -- which makes more sense organization-wise than putting it in the paragraph about bringing themselves back.

I recommend moving it.

Again, for organization's sake, I would recommend either moving this so that it's right after the part that mentions the "incantation and sacrifice", OR you could add something to that sentence in parenthesis saying "more about this under 'other'" or something. Does that make sense?

Other than that, this looks good! ^^ Just fix those last couple things and I think you'll be good to go. Then I can take a look at your character sheet (although you may want to flesh it out more, if you haven't already -- it also looked rather bare when I first glanced at it).

Powers/Abilities:

When a creature is brought back to life by a necromancer it is more often then the same as they once were, Unless the act is done by a incredibly young or inexperienced necromancer. If this act is performed by a young or inexperienced the person's personality and body could both be demented. For an example, say a rabbit was resurrected from the dead by a young wizard. The rabbit would. be born with a blank slate of mind. Meaning the only they can remember properly is breathing, which could provide complicated. Another example would be if the rabbit had been dead for too long, when it is raided it could still be rotted and maggot infested, though this won't immediately kill them. When A necromancer revives a soul it's almost like raising warriors from the dead. Any dead a necromancer raises will be bound to its order. Though with a incantation and a sacrifice of the original necromancers blood the creature can be released. (See more under other.) Though Necromancers aren't perfect and there are occasions in which the soul from the revived animal or person is no longer around. Mostly being eaten by demons. And in this case life is brought back to the corpse. Though now it holds no emotions or memories. It's the same outcome as if a child performed Necromancee.

Extra Strength

Cultural description:

Other

Short description:
Necromancers are creatures that use their powers to bring life back into the dead. They are easily spotted with their bright hair and plain eyes and rarely travel in groups. Overall Necromancers are mostly solitary people.

I think we got it now! Ill go flesh out my character sheet now.

Powers/Abilities:

When a creature is brought back to life by a necromancer it is more often then the same as they once were, Unless the act is done by a incredibly young or inexperienced necromancer. If this act is performed by a young or inexperienced the person's personality and body could both be demented. For an example, say a rabbit was resurrected from the dead by a young wizard. The rabbit would. be born with a blank slate of mind. Meaning the only they can remember properly is breathing, which could provide complicated. Another example would be if the rabbit had been dead for too long, when it is raided it could still be rotted and maggot infested, though this won't immediately kill them. When A necromancer revives a soul it's almost like raising warriors from the dead. Any dead a necromancer raises will be bound to its order. Though with a incantation and a sacrifice of the original necromancers blood the creature can be released. (See more under other.) Though Necromancers aren't perfect and there are occasions in which the soul from the revived animal or person is no longer around. Mostly being eaten by demons. And in this case life is brought back to the corpse. Though now it holds no emotions or memories. It's the same outcome as if a child performed Necromancee.

Extra Strength

Cultural description:

Other

Short description:

I think we got it now! Ill go flesh out my character sheet now.
Looks good to me! I'll add you to the race list. ^^

New @gamer5 You sealed the jelly beans off in one direction -- but I say that the flood is still spreading out in other directions, so that other people still have a chance to react to it.
That is the idea. I was planning on having Naia jump around, interacting with anyone from the cast that runs into the jellly flood...

That is the idea. I was planning on having Naia jump around, interacting with anyone from the cast that runs into the jellly flood...
Ok. Just don't solve the whole issue too quickly. I would've been annoyed if the whole conflict was resolved with just one spell. >.>

Tell me what you think. ^^

Name: Levi Galway.

Her middle name and true last name are unknown even to her

Race. Necromancer

Gender. She both identifies and is biologically female.

Age: (Apparent) Levi appears to be about 16, though this is mostly due to her vertical height challenges.

Age: (Actual) Levi is really only 19, and will most likely soon stop growing.

Appearance:

Levi Galway is not nearly as large as her personality may lead you to believe. She comes in at a mere 4'11 and weighs just under 90 pounds. The small girl rocks her purple hair as best she can sometimes jumping from colour to colour. When it comes to her hair she's very fickle. But for fickleness that's about it.

Backstory.

It all started a lonely summer day, the air was humid and tension poured through everyone's soul. Levi was a product of a one night stand between the head cheerleader and a man passing through town claiming he was much younger than he was. Levi had a total of 8 attempted abortions placed upon her, but she lived on. Only to be put up for adoption the week after she left her mothers womb.

She went through many foster homes due to her pretty face, but was returned each time, claimed as a devil's child or a satanic worshipper. One rather creative lady claimed she was a young succubus This continued until she hit the ripe ol age of 13. Where a lonely old woman took her in cared for her. The lady even bought her a black and white rabbit who was immediately titled ''Oreo.' All was good and Levi was convinced that this woman was going to keep her. Sure she was an entire 2 provinces away from her friends at the orphanage but the lady seemed nice. But Ms. Kanelly had accidently stepped on Oreo that night, and in a panic hid the rabbit under her bed in a shoe box. Levi had been past the point of concern for her rabbit when Ms Kanelly told her that she was at the vet, but had accepted it. It was only a week later Levi had found Oreo in the box, and upon her clutching the rabbit to her chest with tears running down her cheeks. The rabbit got up and hopped again. Ms. Kanelly was convinced she was a witch and promptly threw her out of the house. To this day it haunts her that she never released the soul of the rabbit as she properly should have.

Though the releasing of souls wasn't introduced to her until her late 16's where she had actually been caught wandering the streets of Berlin. From that point she was taken in by a rather young man by the name of Demetri. Demetri made well as her mentor and taught her the ways of the necromancer world. They had a rather good relationship going when he shipped her off to the school perched on a lone island. The two still write occasionally.

Personality

Levi is a hard headed girl whose firm with her beliefs about people and the world. Despite this though she is terribly kind. Levi often finds herself putting herself in front of others. Though she unwillingly puts up a cold hard front. This isn't intentional on her part, simply who she is, but it often turns things in the opposite of her favour, much to her dismay.

Her middle name and true last name are unknown even to her
Is there a reason for this? And does this mean that the last name listed under the 'name' field is one that she just made up?

It all started a lonely summer day, the air was humid and tension poured through everyone's soul. Levi was a product of a one night stand between the head cheerleader and a man passing through town claiming he was much younger than he was. Levi had a total of 8 attempted abortions placed upon her, but she lived on. Only to be put up for adoption the week after she left her mothers womb.
Wouldn't this make Levi only half-necromancer? And wouldn't she be a bit different from a full-blooded necromancer as a result?

Levi is a hard headed girl whose firm with her beliefs about people and the world. Despite this though she is terribly kind. Levi often finds herself putting herself in front of others. Though she unwillingly puts up a cold hard front. This isn't intentional on her part, simply who she is, but it often turns things in the opposite of her favour, much to her dismay.
In your race sheet, you made it sound like necromancers are cold and emotionless. But Levi certainly seems to have more emotion than that. Is this due to her being half-human?

Is there a reason for this? And does this mean that the last name listed under the 'name' field is one that she just made up?

Wouldn't this make Levi only half-necromancer? And wouldn't she be a bit different from a full-blooded necromancer as a result?

In your race sheet, you made it sound like necromancers are cold and emotionless. But Levi certainly seems to have more emotion than that. Is this due to her being half-human?

Suppose I shouldve made that more clear huh? Ill go back and fix it up a little.

Name: Levi Galway.

Her middle name and true last name are unknown even to her. So she eagerly took the last name of her mentor. Galway.

Race. Necromancer.

Well actually only half. Or to her knowledge at least, her biological mother had apparently been claimed fully human. Though further research shows that there may or may not have been Necromancer blood in her mother's side. She refused to keep contact with them. So she'll never know.

Gender. She both identifies and is biologically female.

Age: (Apparent) Levi appears to be about 16, though this is mostly due to her vertical height challenges.

Age: (Actual) Levi is really only 19, and will most likely soon stop growing.

Appearance:

Levi Galway is not nearly as large as her personality may lead you to believe. She comes in at a mere 4'11 and weighs just under 90 pounds. The small girl rocks her purple hair as best she can sometimes jumping from colour to colour. When it comes to her hair she's very fickle. But for fickleness that's about it.

Backstory.

She went through many foster homes due to her pretty face, but was returned each time, claimed as a devil's child or a satanic worshipper. One rather creative lady claimed she was a young succubus This continued until she hit the ripe ol age of 13. Where a lonely old woman took her in cared for her. The lady even bought her a black and white rabbit who was immediately titled ''Oreo.' All was good and Levi was convinced that this woman was going to keep her. Sure she was an entire 2 provinces away from her friends at the orphanage but the lady seemed nice. But Ms. Kanelly had accidently stepped on Oreo that night, and in a panic hid the rabbit under her bed in a shoe box. Levi had been past the point of concern for her rabbit when Ms Kanelly told her that she was at the vet, but had accepted it. It was only a week later Levi had found Oreo in the box, and upon her clutching the rabbit to her chest with tears running down her cheeks. The rabbit got up and hopped again. Ms. Kanelly was convinced she was a witch and promptly threw her out of the house. To this day it haunts her that she never released the soul of the rabbit as she properly should have.

Though the releasing of souls wasn't introduced to her until her late 16's where she had actually been caught wandering the streets of Berlin. From that point she was taken in by a rather young man by the name of Demetri. Demetri made well as her mentor and taught her the ways of the necromancer world. They had a rather good relationship going when he shipped her off to the school perched on a lone island. The two still write occasionally.

Personality

Other

Her middle and last name were never truly given to her, her mother simply refused to give her a middle name, and her mother's last name is long forgotten.

• Love
Reactions: Luma
I'm alive btw. I just started classes up again and I had to drastically change my sleep schedule, and I need to sleep first, post later

In theme with tonight... may I present my second race. A supernatural one, to be sure, but I've discussed it with @Kagayours and everything seems to be fine. Also going to ping @Luma to triple-check everything.

Harbingers

Name:
Harbinger(s). Also known by various cultures as "Shinigami" or the "Grim Reaper".

SFHo9EX.jpg

Mf1vELA.jpg
Lifespan:
Infinite (∞). An immortal race, Harbingers have existed since the beginning of time.

Physical Description:
A Harbinger may assume the shape of whatever it desires. Their true form has never been seen by mortal eyes. Across the ages, many races speak differently of death's appearance. The most common form is that of a horseman wielding a scythe, or a skeletal harvester scouring the world for its yield.

Abilities:
  • Weather Manipulation.
  • Invulnerability: Cannot be injured or otherwise harmed by mundane methods. Cannot be harmed at all by any being that does not possess a soul. The only weapon that has ever been rumoured to seal the fate of a Harbinger is the legendary Excalibur itself. Other blessed items possess a minor damaging factor against a Harbinger.
  • Death's Boons
    For the following abilities to have any effect, the victim must possess a soul.
    • Penance Stare: Cause a variety of debilitating effects with a gaze. Most who fall under a Harbinger's Penance Stare are subjected to a dreadful, paralyzing fear.
      Strains the conscience of victims. Often a Harbinger will use its Penance Stare to show its victim the state of their own soul in a nonpartisan view.
    • Severing: Kill by severing the life-line. The target's soul is instantly separated from its physical body.

Cultural Description:

Harbingers are excellent musicians, able to play most any musical instrument ever invented, including wonders such as the golden fiddle, hyperbass flute and piccolo trombone. This is more whimsical than their most important attribute.

As avatars of Death, Harbingers are entitled to traverse the lines between life and death, the real and the unreal, in order to shuttle those whose time has come. Commonly, this requires enormous amounts of power, but to that end, there is a special method that has been devised for swift and simple transportation of both Harbingers and their harvest alike: locomotives (or, trains, for the uninitiated). It is steadfastly maintained in what remains of Harbinger culture that the original locomotive was designed by Death himself, and afterward propagated throughout realities as beings received inspiration from glimpses into the Unreal through their dreams.

Dreams are a common trait among sentient beings across realities. Sometimes, when an individual begins to dream, they will not remain among their own thoughts but become joined with the rest of the consciousnesses who are also dreaming at the same time. This occurrence allows for unclear yet epic adventures with other beings beyond the realms of space and time. Some have posited that the strange phenomena referred to as "Ley Lines" accounts for this collection of consciousnesses.

Whatever the reason, the Harbingers make good use of the joined space of minds, and often traverse it in order to shorten their travel by mystical locomotive. Additionally, the proposed Ley Lines have provided for the construction of the so-called "Spirit Tracks", a permanent intangible railway system along which Harbinger locomotives may transport their souls ever swifter. These tracks are often linked to defined points in spacetime and allow for even shortened journeys. Still, locomotive transportation may take several hours in common time measurement, but it is certainly faster and able to collect more souls at one time.

There are advanced magical societies that have transcended the call of death. To these, the Harbingers have no purpose, but do willingly accept mundane contracts such as transport of beings or freight. It is not rare to observe a long stream of mystical cargo attached to a Harbinger's locomotive, streaming through a disjointed reality (that is, to those who are /able/ to see such occurrences).

Harbingers do not often feel emotional. They are quite content with their calling, but sometimes the trauma of those they have been called to harvest touches them. In such cases, Harbingers are given the gift of granting last wishes or reasonable requests to these troubled souls, before they must finally depart for good.

Realm: Valhalla.

The resting place of those who either subscribed to no particular deity in this life, or never leaned to either end of the morality spectra. Those souls who reach Valhalla are destined for eternal slumber, until the end of time itself. Sometimes those within will stir and wake for a time, and perhaps even return to their world as but a shade or a spectre, but soon enough the Harbingers will hunt them down and recall them to their rest.

While Valhalla is certainly the center of the Harbinger "operations", Harbingers also take on the task of shuttling all the dead ones to their true final destination, whether it be a heaven, hell, or something else entirely. They never join their ferried souls upon arrival, but instead return to continue their own assigned duties.​

Other: "Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel -- merely terribly, terribly good at his job."

Short Description:
The race of beings that are bound by neither the laws of good or evil, but follow the directive of Death as its avatars.

Status
Not open for further replies.