Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry! I've had a lot going on
I'll see if anyone's waiting on me and work on a post if they are

If this RP is still accepting, I have been looking for a Slice of Life RP for a while now. I will work up a race.

Reactions: IceQueen
If this RP is still accepting, I have been looking for a Slice of Life RP for a while now. I will work up a race.
It always will be! But uh, it's more of a fantasy slice of life than anything

I am done with my race. Do I post it here, or send it to @Kagayours?
Post it here. He'll review it whenever he wakes up. It may be a while considering on the west costs its 4 am

*cough* Just letting you know that our "slice of life" RP features jelly bean floods and also characters who may try to eat other characters...

You have been warned. XD

Depending on their age, a Floran's capabilities with their magical powers varies drastically.
Lifespan:
Being fairies, Florans do not age past physical maturity.
Well, lots of the longer-lived races don't really age past that point, but the purpose of the lifespan field is to give us a good estimate of how long they can actually life for. I see that, in the "short description" section, you mentioned that it takes 18 years to reach maturity (and it would be best to move that to the 'lifespan' section), but that still leaves the question -- are they effectively immortal after that?

Realm:
Flora
What connection does Flora have to earth? What reason do the Florans have for visiting earth, and how do they get there?

Short description:
Florans are a type of Fey, more specifically, a type of Fairies.

These beings are one with the essence of magic. They all take the shape of bipedal animals with colors ranging from mundane to explosively colorful.

Due to being Fey, Florans do not age. In fact, they have no concept of it beyond the years of maturity. In Flora, one's eighteenth year marks their maturity and shifts a person from child to mature. Beyond that point, age vanishes as a concept.

Florans are an incredibly magical species. All Florans can harness the magic within themselves and they are all created by it.

Florans do not bring forth magic from their surroundings or a magical plane, but rather from their own, innate being.

Being small and fragile, Florans seldom choose to resort to brawn, rather than grace or magic.

Florans possess a distinct, and also rather intoxicating fruity scent which is produced by their bodies as a natural function. The scent is also extended to taste, regardless of body part or fluids. This is reason enough to keep a distance from those willing to eat sentient beings.

Upon death, a Floran becomes one with their home plane of Flora rather than passing to an afterlife. They become part of the everlasting magical energy which sustains the plane.

Many consider Florans a beautiful sight, and being mystical fey, it is quite understandable.

Florans can only eat and digest fruit, water and some biological fluids due to their evolution and biology. Anything else will promptly lead to vomiting.

Being elemental fairies, Florans have access to a distinct kind of magic. Elemental Magic.

Every Floran have the ability to conjure forth a pair of fey wings at will. The appearance of these wings vary depending on their element but all are ethereal and phase through material objects.

Florans are rarely if ever religious and are highly neutral to things considered "Good" or "Evil".
Florans are always impulsive in nature, given their Fairy heritage and passion. It is uncommon for a Floran to stray towards ill deeds, but they are more than regularly mischievous, care free and passionate.

They tend to be a kindhearted species, but are anything but mild mannered.
This is way too long for a short description. o_o" If you look at the list of races on the first page, the tiny blurb for each race is the "short description", copied from each respective race sheet. It should only be the size of one of the bullet points listed here.

This information is good to include -- but it should be re-worked elsewhere. Most of it can probably go under "other" if it doesn't fit anywhere else. On top of that, some of these statements are redundant, as they just echo information that has already been mentioned elsewhere. So, go through this list, pick out the important bits of information that were only mentioned here, and move them elsewhere in the race sheet. All the redundant statements can just be done away with.

After that, you'll still need to write a one-or-two sentence summary of the race as a whole. Remember, it should only be the size of one of these statements. (In fact, some of these statements would already work pretty well as a short description -- you just have to narrow it down to only one or two.)

Also,

Florans are a type of Fey, more specifically, a type of Fairies.
Since a "Fey" isn't a race in the RP in general, it's probably best to not describe them as such. After all, we don't have specific classifications in place for what counts as a "Fey" and what other beings count as Feys without being Fairies. Saying that they're a "type of Fairy" is probably fine, though, since that just makes it easier to convey what the race is like in simple terms.

You're off to a good start and you've definitely put some thought into this, but you just need to fix up a few things before it can be accepted.

Let me know when you're done editing and I'll take another look at it. I look forward to seeing the updated version. ^^

Hm, actually, I am going to scrap the idea all together. Wasn't too satesfied with it in the end, in either event. I'll see if I can come up with something else.

Is it possible to make something simple like an X-Men inspired mutant human?

Is it possible to make something simple like an X-Men inspired mutant human?
Ehh... depends on how you plan on going about it.

If you can make a set of rules for how your particular type of mutant works then, yes, I can count that as a race. You could even just make a race sheet for magic-using humans, if you like, and then you'd have room to give your character basically whatever powers you want. But I don't think I could allow there to be a human that just has special powers without tying it to the kind of lore that could count as a "race", because then no one would have the opportunity to make a human character that got their powers in the same sort of way. Not only that, but, the goal of the ambassador system is to give each member a little piece of the world's lore to control. But if you just have a superhero-esque character then the only thing you're really in-control over is the lore pertaining to that particular character, rather than something a bit more broad. And if someone else makes a superhero-esque character, then they're only in control of their character's lore, and when you have these two explanations of how humans can gain magical powers that have nothing to do with each other, then... it's really just not as cohesive as I would like. (Does that make sense? I feel like I'm not explaining this very well...)

If you'd like to create a race for magic-using humans then you're welcome to do so. That would actually provide us with a set of rules as to how some humans can have access to magic, and what the lore surrounding them is -- which is a niche that we've been waiting for someone to fill for quite some time. But, for the sake of organization, I will ask that every character has some sort of race lore that they connect to -- be that your own or someone else's.

OR -- here's an idea that I thought of just now -- if you really want a human with special powers, then what you could do is create a human character that somehow managed to gain attributes or abilities from another race that we have here. As for how exactly you would make that work, you'd have to talk to the ambassador of whatever race you were thinking of. Creating some sort of hybrid character is the easiest way to go, but there are probably other ways that a human could get infused with magic due to some interaction with another race.

OR -- an even more straight-forward idea -- if creating some grand, fleshed-out world for your race is a bit daunting of a task, then, just remember, you really don't have to approach it from that angle. You can come up with a vague character idea first, and then design a race to fit that character. For example -- what is Superman but a member of the Kryptonian race? :P You can design a human-like character with whatever powers you want, and then design a race for that character to fit into. You also don't have to design your own realm if you don't want to. Honestly I'm surprised that so many members came up with completely original worlds for their races to inhabit. o.o I expected many of them to just be creatures that exist on earth.

Are any of these suggestions helpful? You're welcome to talk to me or any ambassadors whose lore you were thinking of using in order to just talk out your ideas before putting together an official race sheet or anything. Also just remember that if you do create a race to match a character, that A) I do technically have to look at your race sheet before the character sheet, and you might not want your character sheet to be 100% done before I look at the race sheet, because I might ask you to make changes to the race sheet which would then impact the character (which is why I look at the sheets in this order), and B) your character can't be "the only one of their kind", and your race lore has to leave room for other characters of that race potentially also joining this RP -- because all races in Omnibus will become available for other players to make characters for if they so desire.

@chaosheart13
I'm gonna give someone else a chance to post before I do, so it doesn't turn into a back and forth between us. :)

• Name singular: Necromancee
  • Name plural: Necromancer
  1. Powers/Abilities: The Abilty to bring anything back to life, including themselves. As well as overwhelming strength
    Lifespan: However long they deem fit, when theyre ready, thet die.
    Physical description: Usually coloures with unnatrually bright colours of hair and white iris' with dark black rings around them haunt their eyes.
    Cultural description:
    A necromancer is forced into showering twice a day due to the ungodly stench of the dead, their activities are more often then not used for good, and besides this they live as regular humans.

Short description:
  2. Often unearthly calm, never impressed nor depressed they often seem to lack emotions and are often called by humans. 'Sociapaths' Though this usually only happens wjen a Necromancee is accidently left in the hands of a human. Besides this they are rather argumentive creatures and enjoy verbal arguments.

Name: Levi Galway
Race: Necromancer
Age (apparerance.) Her height makes her appear younger. 16

Age (actual): 19.
Appearance: a 4'11 purple haired girl, she holds white iris' with dark black circles enhancing them, shes incredibly slim. And has dimples both on her cheeks and oddly her lower back.
Bio:
[personality/history] She seems calm and collected but truly shes lonely and becomes excited when people try to intiate friendship. She enjoys arguments but not fights. She was raised in a orphanage so does not talk about family.

• Name singular: Necromancee
  • Name plural: Necromancer
  1. Powers/Abilities: The Abilty to bring anything back to life, including themselves. As well as overwhelming strength
    Lifespan: However long they deem fit, when theyre ready, thet die.
    Physical description: Usually coloures with unnatrually bright colours of hair and white iris' with dark black rings around them haunt their eyes.
    Cultural description:
    A necromancer is forced into showering twice a day due to the ungodly stench of the dead, their activities are more often then not used for good, and besides this they live as regular humans.

Short description:
  2. Often unearthly calm, never impressed nor depressed they often seem to lack emotions and are often called by humans. 'Sociapaths' Though this usually only happens wjen a Necromancee is accidently left in the hands of a human. Besides this they are rather argumentive creatures and enjoy verbal arguments.
This... is missing a ton of information. Yeah, I said that the race sheet doesn't have to be followed to a T, but it's expected that all the same information is still touched on at some point, even if it's organized differently.

I guess you technically didn't leave out any fields -- except for their realm, which I'm assuming is earth, but it should still probably be clarified somewhere. But the rest of this is still... quite bare.

Also, the short description shouldn't provide any new information that isn't in the full description. It should just be a summary of what we've already read (or a preview of what you're going to read, which is its purpose when copied onto the race list). Since there's been a bit of confusion about this from more than one person, though, I'll edit that into the race sheet instructions when I find the time.

The Abilty to bring anything back to life, including themselves.
I'm... confused on how they do this. Is death basically just sleeping for them, then? And even then, most of us can't exactly wake up on command -- how does a necromancer bring themselves back to life if they aren't conscious?

Also, in what state are things brought back to life? Will a person be brought back exactly as they were before, perfectly healthy, with their personality and memories intact? Or are they more zombie-like? (And if it's the former, then there might be some other issues that need to be worked out, since we already have some established afterlife lore that this could conflict with -- but we'll cross that bridge when/if we get to it.)

The point is, I need a bit more info on what happens to the people that are brought back to life.

As well as overwhelming strength
Does this just mean superhero-esque super-strength? Or magical strength? Or does this imply that they're basically immune to physical attacks and all that?

This needs to be fleshed out more. It also raises a few questions.

Firstly, what do you mean "their activities are used for good"? What sorts of good deeds are they doing by bringing back the dead? All I can think of would be reviving people's loved ones by request, but that would break the "humans don't know about magic" rule. :/ It would also be fairly morally ambiguous to begin with...

And if they just live as regular humans -- then, is there no society of necromancers out there somewhere?

Also, I just thought of a few more questions in general:

How do more necromancers come into being? Are they just born from other necromancers, or is there some way in which a human can become a necromancer?

Often unearthly calm, never impressed nor depressed they often seem to lack emotions and are often called by humans. 'Sociapaths' Though this usually only happens wjen a Necromancee is accidently left in the hands of a human.
What do you mean "accidentally left in the hands of a human"? Firstly, if necromancers live amongst humans, then it makes sense that humans would interact with them fairly regularly anyway, and they would still be called "sociopaths" whether or not they were "accidentally left in the hands of a human" -- and I'm still not sure what exactly that even means. The first thing that comes to mind is a young necromancer being adopted by human parents or something, but, if so, how does this even happen? And how would the human parents never notice any signs that their kid isn't human? (Especially since I'm assuming necromancers don't exactly age past maturity -- although this was also never explicitly stated.)

Also, I don't look at CS's until the race sheet has been accepted. I appreciate that you want to join the RP, but your race sheet is going to need to be fleshed out a lot more before I can accept it.

This... is missing a ton of information. Yeah, I said that the race sheet doesn't have to be followed to a T, but it's expected that all the same information is still touched on at some point, even if it's organized differently.

I guess you technically didn't leave out any fields -- except for their realm, which I'm assuming is earth, but it should still probably be clarified somewhere. But the rest of this is still... quite bare.

Also, the short description shouldn't provide any new information that isn't in the full description. It should just be a summary of what we've already read (or a preview of what you're going to read, which is its purpose when copied onto the race list). Since there's been a bit of confusion about this from more than one person, though, I'll edit that into the race sheet instructions when I find the time.

I'm... confused on how they do this. Is death basically just sleeping for them, then? And even then, most of us can't exactly wake up on command -- how does a necromancer bring themselves back to life if they aren't conscious?

Also, in what state are things brought back to life? Will a person be brought back exactly as they were before, perfectly healthy, with their personality and memories intact? Or are they more zombie-like? (And if it's the former, then there might be some other issues that need to be worked out, since we already have some established afterlife lore that this could conflict with -- but we'll cross that bridge when/if we get to it.)

The point is, I need a bit more info on what happens to the people that are brought back to life.

Does this just mean superhero-esque super-strength? Or magical strength? Or does this imply that they're basically immune to physical attacks and all that?

This needs to be fleshed out more. It also raises a few questions.

Firstly, what do you mean "their activities are used for good"? What sorts of good deeds are they doing by bringing back the dead? All I can think of would be reviving people's loved ones by request, but that would break the "humans don't know about magic" rule. :/ It would also be fairly morally ambiguous to begin with...

And if they just live as regular humans -- then, is there no society of necromancers out there somewhere?

Also, I just thought of a few more questions in general:

How do more necromancers come into being? Are they just born from other necromancers, or is there some way in which a human can become a necromancer?

What do you mean "accidentally left in the hands of a human"? Firstly, if necromancers live amongst humans, then it makes sense that humans would interact with them fairly regularly anyway, and they would still be called "sociopaths" whether or not they were "accidentally left in the hands of a human" -- and I'm still not sure what exactly that even means. The first thing that comes to mind is a young necromancer being adopted by human parents or something, but, if so, how does this even happen? And how would the human parents never notice any signs that their kid isn't human? (Especially since I'm assuming necromancers don't exactly age past maturity -- although this was also never explicitly stated.)

Also, I don't look at CS's until the race sheet has been accepted. I appreciate that you want to join the RP, but your race sheet is going to need to be fleshed out a lot more before I can accept it.
Ah yes,sorry aboutbthat. Ill work on elaborating more though I dont believe itll be complete until tonight.

Ah yes,sorry aboutbthat. Ill work on elaborating more though I dont believe itll be complete until tonight.
That's fine, there's no rush! Please, take all the time you need. ^^ I personally take at least a few days minimum to write up something like this.

Just let me know when you've finished editing it so that I'll know to come back and take another look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.