Status
Not open for further replies.
Jelly bean tsunami <- Wat
*slams hand on the desk* This is the kind of stuff that I wanted to bring back from the original TJA!

Weird-ass shit like a jelly bean flood, combined with legitimate threats like a demon who's probably going to try to eat another student at some point.

I am so sorry you all had to go so long without this RP having any sense of conflict, but now we can set things right!!

Yes!! Mwahahaha!! Bring on the jelly bean tsunamis! Bring on the giant glass of killer coffee! Bring on the attack of the brainwashed squirrels! Bring on the dead little children!! Bring on the conflicts! I want them alls!!!! XD

• Love
Reactions: Kagayours
(On a more serious note, I may make Nightshade go an investigate. Not quite sure yet. Kind of reliant on if Deen ends up answering Nightshade's question within the next day or so.

Yes!! Mwahahaha!! Bring on the jelly bean tsunamis! Bring on the giant glass of killer coffee! Bring on the attack of the brainwashed squirrels! Bring on the dead little children!! Bring on the conflicts! I want them alls!!!! XD
FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT YOU ARE ALSO WELCOME TO CREATE CONFLICTS AND SIDE-PLOTS AND THAT YOUR CHARACTER IS ALLOWED TO DO MORE THAN START PRANK WARS. YOU DON'T NEED TO WAIT FOR ME TO INTRODUCE CONFLICT. :D

Yes...I have plans. MWHAHAHA!!!!!!!! I have some very dark ones, and very lighthearted ones. Kind of depends on how the jelly beans go. I'd like to see some fighting in the RP, show off more of the students powers. Might make that a conflict or something.

Yes...I have plans. MWHAHAHA!!!!!!!! I have some very dark ones, and very lighthearted ones. Kind of depends on how the jelly beans go. I'd like to see some fighting in the RP, show off more of the students powers. Might make that a conflict or something.
Well, feel free to PM me if you want to flesh one of your ideas out and coordinate it so that it's more likely to happen. Or you could just guide things in that direction in the IC and let everything else unfold naturally. Either way. ^^

I have PM'ed you a possible idea, and I've got some more. :)

I have PM'ed you a possible idea, and I've got some more. :)
Well I already replied to your first PM, but if you have other ideas then I'd love to hear those and just bounce ideas around for a while. owo

*slams hand on the desk* This is the kind of stuff that I wanted to bring back from the original TJA!

Weird-ass shit like a jelly bean flood, combined with legitimate threats like a demon who's probably going to try to eat another student at some point.

I am so sorry you all had to go so long without this RP having any sense of conflict, but now we can set things right!!
Ah, welp, would've been easier to swallow if I were in TJA XD

Night my friends. See ya tomorrow!

Ah, welp, would've been easier to swallow if I were in TJA XD
I expected that this kind of crazy would be around from the start, but apparently I was wrong...

No worries, though. I am now actively working to make things interesting again.

(On a more serious note, I may make Nightshade go an investigate. Not quite sure yet. Kind of reliant on if Deen ends up answering Nightshade's question within the next day or so.

Working on it... work schedule and other annoying bits are making things difficult, but I should be able to put out something, hopefully, by tomorrow evening. Lots of people's posts to deal with!

If/when I reach the point where I'm caught up on all my RP's, I'll start working on that other race idea I had, so that I can get even more characters in. :P

I expected that this kind of crazy would be around from the start, but apparently I was wrong...

No worries, though. I am now actively working to make things interesting again.
Well, I usually avoid random craziness without a very direct invitation from the GM to go wild. Especially if it isn't caused directly by my own character. Most other RPs, if I suddenly brought on a jelly bean flood, the GM would slap me with an instant retcon. Guess I need to get used to writing aggressive. Rawr.

Most other RPs, if I suddenly brought on a jelly bean flood, the GM would slap me with an instant retcon.
Well, I'd say Omnibus isn't most other RP's. :P

But yeah, I get what you're saying, and I suppose a jelly bean flood isn't exactly what I expected from everyone in the RP, and is a bit over-the-top even by those standards -- but I was at least expecting some sort of antics as well as legitimate conflicts, like, characters trying to eat each others' pets. Or sometimes just straight-up murdering each other. Like I said, that was the tone of the original TJA, and I guess I just assumed that having everyone create these diverse and out-there characters and then letting those characters play off of each other would be enough of a recipe for that. But, I can see pretty clearly now that I failed to set the tone that I wanted, which is why I'm fixing it now.

Although, I'd say the whole "I am 100% ok with Hau becoming a smoothie" thing that I kept harping on was a pretty clear indicator of me getting fed up with the lack of antics and trying to let everyone know that I was ok with things getting weird and fucked-up. XD

BUT YEAH, now I'm doing what I should've done from the beginning -- introducing jelly bean floods, and characters like Kaessya, and pretty soon I think I'm also going to introduce ~silvers~ and all the fun that comes with them... :P

Reactions: Luma
Posted!

Java Squirrel is back in business... :bsmile:

@Yorika @Luma @gamer5 @Eruantien @chaosheart13 @IceQueen @Psuedoku @Roose Hurro @Sail

Just a reminder for those of you with free characters (or those of you who might be planning on moving your characters somewhere else, like Sail just did), Kaessya still needs someone to interact with. I'm starting to worry that I made the jelly bean flood a bit too enticing, if everyone's just going to flock over there. XD

Also! We have quite a few players who really haven't been active in a while, and who are basically drop-outs -- but I haven't confirmed anything or taken their characters/races off the list. I'll try to get around to doing that today.

@Yorika @Luma @gamer5 @Eruantien @chaosheart13 @IceQueen @Psuedoku @Roose Hurro @Sail

More updates:

Since DANAsaur hasn't been active in over a month, I moved her race and character to the graveyard. I also graveyarded the shapeshifter race -- which, to be honest, I completely forgot even existed -- since its ambassador has also been inactive for over a month.

I also reached out to Daird and Hachiro Terra, who haven't been very active here but have still been active on Iwaku in a general sense, so I wanted to check in with them once more to see if they're still interested. Hachiro Terra says he just hasn't had time to make a character -- so I reminded him that he can still hang out in the OOC lounge until he has time to make a character, so that we at least know that he's still around. I still haven't gotten a response from Daird yet -- and if he doesn't respond by Tuesday, I'll move his race, character, and realm to the graveyard.

I also wouldn't mind re-modeling the graveyard so that races, realms, and characters are all displayed in the form of neat little lists under spoilers -- as opposed to the races being all sprawled-out with their mini descriptions like in the main race list, which is the way it is currently. But, that can wait till another day.

• Useful
Reactions: Eru
Just a reminder for those of you with free characters (or those of you who might be planning on moving your characters somewhere else, like Sail just did), Kaessya still needs someone to interact with. I'm starting to worry that I made the jelly bean flood a bit too enticing, if everyone's just going to flock over there. XD

Also! We have quite a few players who really haven't been active in a while, and who are basically drop-outs -- but I haven't confirmed anything or taken their characters/races off the list. I'll try to get around to doing that today.
Maybe I'll have Luna say hello. It's been a while since she's pretended to perform an exorcism.

I also wouldn't mind re-modeling the graveyard so that races, realms, and characters are all displayed in the form of neat little lists under spoilers -- as opposed to the races being all sprawled-out with their mini descriptions like in the main race list, which is the way it is currently. But, that can wait till another day.
Done.

• Thank You
  • Useful
Reactions: Kagayours and Eru
Daird has informed me that they're dropping.

Status
Not open for further replies.