3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
OOC/Signup Thread is here.

Interest Check is here

Several short scenarios and a general 'sandbox' to interact IC will be run on this thread, as we tread water at the time of this writing waiting for the updated Groups system.

After that point, other than the casual threads, all IC scenarios/missions will be invite only - invite contingent on being part of the group.

Last edited:
ooh ooh... That's what that number is.

I laugh a little bit, April, you sly little thing you. !

I hand Q the little slip that was with the Battery.
I punch in the password and it comes up."Looks mostly wiped. Wait,there's a message. Text to speech. Strange."

[[ Note, click the link, and hit the play all button or just hit the number 2 down near the center of the page to hear the second part ]]

Listen, I had to type this fast and save it as a text to speech file so I could encrypt it before I blitz my phone. I don't know where they're taking me exactly, but I've seen stuff in the car that gave me clues. I have fuzzy periods and missing time, but I remember several wrappers on the floor of the car from an Ugly Joe's Fish and Chips. There's also a crapload of sand on the floor of the car. The tall one is the hypnotist I think and the kid is some kind of super hacker, like better than possible My phone went into airplane mode by itself. I don't have much more time the kid is actually timing me in the bathroom can you believe that? Not sure if anyone will find this, it's kind of a longshot. It's a black car, used to be a police car, still has the cage between the front and back seats.

@Ringmaster @york @Gands

Last edited:
Hmph. At least now he knows how the guy died.

As well as capabilities.

"Hypnosis. Explains a bit. Not the best power, not the strongest method of compulsion. They tried on a doctor who knew of her, till I showed the picture. Then they killed the womans boss, who had a habit of avenging people like her. Drew Constantine into the mix. Records here."

He placed down copies of what he had taken all on subsequent flash drives as needed, pushing it over to Question.

"Find out what you can."

He was really getting thirsty though...And beneath his psyche, there was a flash of primal hunger as someting stirred.

Hold on. Just a bit longer....Not here.

Not now.

@Michale CS @Gands @york

"Hypnosis. Explains a bit. Not the best power, not the strongest method of compulsion. They tried on a doctor who knew of her, till I showed the picture. Then they killed the woman's boss, who had a habit of avenging people like her. Drew Constantine into the mix. Records here."

He placed down copies of what he had taken all on subsequent flash drives as needed, pushing it over to Question.

"Find out what you can."
"Constantine. Huh. I think the game is bigger than we thought. I'll see what I can do with what you've brought. I think it's about dinner time. Who's with me for Fish and Chips at Ugly Joe's?" I quip then stand up, pocketing the flash drives and starting to head for the door.

@Gands @Ringmaster @york

I'm ready to go, this time I brought the truck. Too many cabs.

I turn to Lilly

If you're with Q ma'am, you're welcome to join us. I'm Grady.

I find myself thinking that I've seen Lilly before. I remember doing a security job at a store here in town. I cant stop my eyes from widening just a little in recognition before I turn to the other mask.

Plenty of room Bud.

@Ringmaster @york @MichaleCS

He walked out and snagged a whiskey bottle along the way, tossing the cash for it behind him.

It'd help take the edge off for now.

But nothing would substitute for the real deal.

@Michale CS @Gands @york

Reactions: Michale CS
So, we all pile into Grady's truck. "We may be going into a combat situation here. Time to cut the nonsense and broody mysteriousness and level with each other. I'll start. Normal Joe here, really observant, can take a punch, trained in the basics of throwing down by the Bat himself, though we don't always see eye to eye. What do you got?"

@Ringmaster @york @Gands

My mother is a goddess, the Morrigan.

So I'm pretty tough, I heal quickly and I'm strong. Not all that much quicker or brighter than most folks Q and I've had a little training on staff fighting.

Remind me to show you the stuff I have in storage some time.

I am mothing off despite again the retail gal that I don't know yet. Too much at stake. I drive on.

"I kick people really hard."

Matthias said shortly. Right, with his record in town as it was? No way was he going to go beyond that. And it shouldn't even be a problem anyway....He hoped.

Just give him one, good victim and he'd be better.

@Gands @Michale CS @york

I punch in the password and it comes up."Looks mostly wiped. Wait,there's a message. Text to speech. Strange."

[[ Note, click the link, and hit the play all button or just hit the number 2 down near the center of the page to hear the second part ]]

@Ringmaster @york @Gands
Hmph. At least now he knows how the guy died.

As well as capabilities.

"Hypnosis. Explains a bit. Not the best power, not the strongest method of compulsion. They tried on a doctor who knew of her, till I showed the picture. Then they killed the womans boss, who had a habit of avenging people like her. Drew Constantine into the mix. Records here."

"Find out what you can."

He was really getting thirsty though...And beneath his psyche, there was a flash of primal hunger as someting stirred.

Hold on. Just a bit longer....Not here.

Not now.

@Michale CS @Gands @york
"Constantine. Huh. I think the game is bigger than we thought. I'll see what I can do with what you've brought. I think it's about dinner time. Who's with me for Fish and Chips at Ugly Joe's?" I quip then stand up, pocketing the flash drives and starting to head for the door.

@Gands @Ringmaster @york
I'm ready to go, this time I brought the truck. Too many cabs.

I turn to Lilly

If you're with Q ma'am, you're welcome to join us. I'm Grady.

I find myself thinking that I've seen Lilly before. I remember doing a security job at a store here in town. I cant stop my eyes from widening just a little in recognition before I turn to the other mask.

Plenty of room Bud.

@Ringmaster @york @MichaleCS
He walked out and snagged a whiskey bottle along the way, tossing the cash for it behind him.

It'd help take the edge off for now.

But nothing would substitute for the real deal.

@Michale CS @Gands @york
So, we all pile into Grady's truck. "We may be going into a combat situation here. Time to cut the nonsense and broody mysteriousness and level with each other. I'll start. Normal Joe here, really observant, can take a punch, trained in the basics of throwing down by the Bat himself, though we don't always see eye to eye. What do you got?"

@Ringmaster @york @Gands
My mother is a goddess, the Morrigan.

So I'm pretty tough, I heal quickly and I'm strong. Not all that much quicker or brighter than most folks Q and I've had a little training on staff fighting.

Remind me to show you the stuff I have in storage some time.

I am mothing off despite again the retail gal that I don't know yet. Too much at stake. I drive on.
"I kick people really hard."

Matthias said shortly. Right, with his record in town as it was? No way was he going to go beyond that. And it shouldn't even be a problem anyway....He hoped.

Just give him one, good victim and he'd be better.

@Gands @Michale CS @york
Lilly Briant (Argent Sentinel)
@Gands @Michale CS @Ringmaster

Lilly had deduced the details the message gave her rather quickly, as did the Question, it didn't take a genius to realize they were headed for Ugly Joe's, a place that was likely near a beach. They also had at least two threats to deal with; a hypnotist and a hacker kid, potential problems, in the right places... But, who knew better about using their environment to their advantage than she did?

"I'm in." She said, nodding a little.

Before she left, she had decided to take what was left of her drink with her, paying a little extra for the actual cup... It was unlikely she was going to bring it back intact if they were facing a potential combat situation. She was quick to understand the Questions' need to drop their mysteriousness, and so, Lilly decided to be upfront about this.

"When I'm off-duty, I'm Lilly." She started, pausing a bit to take a drink before she continued.

"But, on-duty... Just call me 'Argent Sentinel'." She said.

Another drink, surprisingly enough, her words weren't slurring or anything, at least that was good.

"If you're looking for a fighter, and a survivor. I'm your girl." She added.

Naturally, she had sworn to keep the full details under wraps, but the basics were free game; she was a good fighter, and one kn own to survive her combat encounters. Then again, she hadn't quite mentioned that she wasn't exactly invincible either, oh well... That should be self explanatory.

Lilly finished her drink, before she produced a good sized piece of army green cloth, which she had begun wrapping around her head, leaving just a slit for her eyes to see through. For those who have heard of the "Argent Sentinel", her appearance might just look alot more... Familiar now. Looks like she valued her identity, enough that she was willing to minimize facial recognition by covering her face. Fortunately, army green cloth was easily replaceable, and thus, the most ideal "mask" she could hide her own identity behind.

The ride to the docks area and Ugly Joe's Fish and Chips didn't take long. And the reason for the sand was most likely explained by the fact that Ugly Joe's was pretty close to the beach.

Looking around the area, other than the public beach and occasional lifeguard towers, a handful of tourist trap businesses dotted the area, as well as a couple of apparently abandoned areas - an amusement park that had been exploited by the Joker and his gang a few years ago that had never reopened, and a paddle boat rental place with sun-faded boats floating in front of it, caged in by nylon nets and mooring ropes. The sign there said "Grand reopening soon!" But that was doubtful given that sign was faded as well.

The group has a few options. Split up? Stick together?
And where to look first?

• Ugly Joe's
  • The abandoned amusement park
  • The lifeguard tower to get a bird's eye view
  • The abandoned paddle boat rental place
  • Or just ask around at the other businesses
@Gands @york @Ringmaster

"I say we check out the amusement park. Seems to make the most sense in terms of storage, unless they ship out these people."

Nosferatu said aloud.

And it'd be easier to split up and find a victim.

No! Mustn't think like that, but he was thirsty...He removed the mask part way to clamp fanged teeth on the whiskey bottle cap, before wrenching it off to down a gulp.

@Gands @Michale CS @york

Yeah, that does make the most sense, we could walk by Joes just in case we get lucky. Hey, anyone know how to prevent yourself from being hypnotized ?

I have a couple of cans of pepper spray, might make a good distraction. One under the back seat if anyone wants it.

I reach under my own seat, taking a box with a set of Stark night vision goggles. Still in the box, never used.

Alright.. I'm ready

@Michale CS @york @Ringmaster

The ride to the docks area and Ugly Joe's Fish and Chips didn't take long. And the reason for the sand was most likely explained by the fact that Ugly Joe's was pretty close to the beach.

Looking around the area, other than the public beach and occasional lifeguard towers, a handful of tourist trap businesses dotted the area, as well as a couple of apparently abandoned areas - an amusement park that had been exploited by the Joker and his gang a few years ago that had never reopened, and a paddle boat rental place with sun-faded boats floating in front of it, caged in by nylon nets and mooring ropes. The sign there said "Grand reopening soon!" But that was doubtful given that sign was faded as well.

The group has a few options. Split up? Stick together?
And where to look first?

• Ugly Joe's
  • The abandoned amusement park
  • The lifeguard tower to get a bird's eye view
  • The abandoned paddle boat rental place
  • Or just ask around at the other businesses
@Gands @york @Ringmaster
"I say we check out the amusement park. Seems to make the most sense in terms of storage, unless they ship out these people."

Nosferatu said aloud.

And it'd be easier to split up and find a victim.

No! Mustn't think like that, but he was thirsty...He removed the mask part way to clamp fanged teeth on the whiskey bottle cap, before wrenching it off to down a gulp.

@Gands @Michale CS @york
Yeah, that does make the most sense, we could walk by Joes just in case we get lucky. Hey, anyone know how to prevent yourself from being hypnotized ?

I have a couple of cans of pepper spray, might make a good distraction. One under the back seat if anyone wants it.

I reach under my own seat, taking a box with a set of Stark night vision goggles. Still in the box, never used.

Alright.. I'm ready

@Michale CS @york @Ringmaster
Lilly Briant (Argent Sentinel)
@Michale CS @Gands @Ringmaster

Hmm... The message mentioned something about having sand all over the floor, so that indicated their two suspects must have gone for the beach at some point. Which meant she might need a better view on the whole environment... She knew just the place for that.

"I'll take the lifeguard tower." She said simply.

Then, taking one last, carefull look at their surroundings, she headed off... Unless of course, someone decided to stop her.

"No clues how to stop a hypnotist, but having a sniper in the roost sounds great." I nod, getting out of the truck.

"Joe's is on the way to the amusement park. Any objections to stopping in there on the way, Nos?"

@york @Ringmaster @Gands

I get out of the truck, nervous, I pull on a Yankees cap and move towards the restaurant.

Why is my mouth dry ? Hell

I take a deep breath as I'm walking, it seems to help. I wonder if anyone else is nervous.
There is also the anger, a lot of anger. I could die I suppose, however unlikely that is, or I could wake up tomorrow hypnotized into thinking I'm a chicken.

61b0b86806f69d1fa57540296c8cb786
As Question, Grady and Nosferatu enter Ugly Joe's, it becomes apparent that Fish and Chips are pretty secondary to the booze the place serves. A deluge of noise comes across them, between the lady doing a pretty decent job on the Karaoke machine singing "One Way or Another" and the multiple TV's showing various sporting events it was a veritable cloud of sound once they entered. Being about 8:30, the bar was just picking up and was fairly well filled. No strange hypnotists here, no portly teenagers. Although the drinking age had been 18 in New Jersey since the 70s so it wasn't beyond the pale that he could have been here.

caity_lotz.jpg

4d6d0dd78201c18516c2c649038391d1

So, the could split up to cover the territory, but there were a few obvious routes to go. Talk to the bartenders, find someone who looked like a regular, or talk to the Karaoke singer once she got finished with her song. Or, some other option, perhaps?
il_570xN.738699845_gl67.jpg
As Lifeguard towers went, it wasn't tall. Unless you were to climb on top of the whole thing. It was after dark so it probably wouldn't be seen. The door to the inside of the shack was locked, but very feebly. A little shaking would pop the door loose, and with all the sounds coming from the various touristy places nearby, it wouldn't be heard down on the boardwalk.

Nothing really unusual about the tower itself, but it did have a very good view of both the parking lot and Ugly Joe's, and a fair view of at least the entrance to the Amusement Park, but the rides and buildings blocked view very far in.

Not that you could have told this until you were right there, with all the glare from the boardwalk, it was hard to judge just what would be visible from the tower unless you were there.

How does Argent proceed?

@Ringmaster @Gands @york

I will head for the bartenders and ask around Q.

I head in, trying to remember which , if any mob territory this bar is in. I would guess thornes..

I am looking around, checking the bouncers as I approach the bartenders.. I make sure I have a twenty to give her if she has info for me. I also remember to use my neighborhood irish accent as I talk to her.

Excuse me ma'am, have yah seen a tall thin fellah, that reminds yah of a butler, or a young heavyish lad with his face buried in a tablet ?

@MichalCS @Ringmaster

Last edited by a moderator:
il_570xN.738699845_gl67.jpg
As Lifeguard towers went, it wasn't tall. Unless you were to climb on top of the whole thing. It was after dark so it probably wouldn't be seen. The door to the inside of the shack was locked, but very feebly. A little shaking would pop the door loose, and with all the sounds coming from the various touristy places nearby, it wouldn't be heard down on the boardwalk.

Nothing really unusual about the tower itself, but it did have a very good view of both the parking lot and Ugly Joe's, and a fair view of at least the entrance to the Amusement Park, but the rides and buildings blocked view very far in.

Not that you could have told this until you were right there, with all the glare from the boardwalk, it was hard to judge just what would be visible from the tower unless you were there.

How does Argent proceed?
@york  
Argent Sentinel (Lilly Briant)
@Michale CS

There was a pretty good view from up there in the lifeguard tower, but the Sentinel wasn't so concerned with the view just yet. Even so, she took a brief look at her surroundings before she inspected the door, narrowing her eyes a little

Besides the obvious problem of breaking the actual lock, it looks like there were no other repercussions of breaching the door to the shack inside. Though it was unlikely there would be any evidence found inside, perhaps something might have been stashed here she could use?

In any case, she decided to pop the door loose to check out what was inside. If she was lucky, there might be something of use in there, somewhere.​

Nosferatu paused in the doorway. A crowded, immensely heavy environment where his inhibitions were lowered and he was thirsty?

Hahahaha- No.

So he went to guard the door while out of sight instead.

@Michale CS @Gands @york

Status
Not open for further replies.