3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
OOC/Signup Thread is here.

Interest Check is here

Several short scenarios and a general 'sandbox' to interact IC will be run on this thread, as we tread water at the time of this writing waiting for the updated Groups system.

After that point, other than the casual threads, all IC scenarios/missions will be invite only - invite contingent on being part of the group.

Last edited:
"Reliant on voice commands. Yours to be exact. But otherwise, no brain to follow anything else I suspect. Now let me put it this way- Call it a professional courtesy. I'm going to give you a chance to run. I won't stop you, you can get out of town and try again another time. Its just conflicting interests for me here that sets me against you. Or you can stay and try to fight me. Send your goons, use whatever gimmick you like. But if you do?"

He turned to the image and grinned widely, revealing the glint of fangs.

"Know that as I'm not a hero, I'm not going to arrest you."
The image tipped his hat to Nosferatu and it disappeared.

And with that, he lashed out with a kick towards the mirror, in an attempt to shatter it before turning towards the women.

"Now then....Names? Reveal your designation."
The mirror shattered easily. However, the results weren't exactly what he was expecting. The patchwork girl started her skipping again, directly toward the entrance to the hall of mirrors.

The other girl, well...
main-qimg-e5aa65aa55ee78dd0fe5297a7322a0ae-c

Wasn't exactly a girl anymore as she leaped for Nosferatu with speed roughly equal to his own.
Garou.

@Ringmaster

This is said while I'm dodging around, I'll need to break his signal somehow so I wack April in the back of the legs from behind and pick her up, throwing her over my shoulder, expecting her to be heavier than a normal person I don't pull my punch much. I'll just have to rely on my body's toughness for now.

Do yah know what kinda signal he's usin April ?
She did weigh more. Almost exactly if she were made from solid, hardened ceramic. Of course, the attacking didn't stop there. Hammer blows rained down upon Grady from enraged fists as her legs kicked wldly, striking nothing. The hits from her arms were really bruising badly and that much weight shifting around would be hard for him to balance, even if he could handle the load. This seemed a less than optimal solution. But at least it bought enough time for her to talk some more.

"I'd guess it was cellular. I noticed a fake palm tree near the lifeguard tower. That could be a cell tower, there might be something in the park too. You could also... take out the implant. But that might kill me. I don't know. He drilled it into the back of my neck. I don't care either way. I'm a monster now."

@Gands

Wasn't exactly a girl anymore as she leaped for Nosferatu with speed roughly equal to his own.
Garou.
That explained Constantine's stake in this at least. Ah well. He promised ten minutes for the man.

He could spend them here.

He placed his hands behind his back and slid into his stance, waited....Wait... And as soon as she leaped, spun in a muay thai roundhouse kick that took full advantage of his speed and strength, aiming to impact it directly for the side of her head as he aimed for the ear.

@Michale CS

Thinking fast, she drew her pistol, aiming to fire off a few quick shots towards the girl's legs, and preparing to dodge whatever might be coming next. At the very least, it would be ideal to see if this girl, in her current state was durable enough to take armor piercing bullets at close range. In the case that she wasn't, the Sentinel realized she would have to improvise... Her opponent was strong, but... She had to figure out what else she might have up her sleeve before she went on the offensive.​
The girl was fast, but wasn't fast enough to dodge bullets, apparently. She went down but one hand snaked out and grabbed Argent's ankle, then all was disorientation. Floor, Sky, Beach, Sky, ouch. Apparently she had been tossed like a rag doll end over end, landing on the beach. Seeing as it was the beach, the damage was minimal, but that proved the girl's newfound strength and speed.

FFsPpCU.jpg

"Shit. I hope I heal fast. Hey, you okay? Really didn't mean to do that but mind control. Whatcha gonna do?" The woman drug herself to the railing, useless legs already seeming to mend. "Thanks for that, by the way. A shitload of pain is apparently the cure for Mr. Belevedere and his amazing wonky hat."

@york

I have to find a way to break this signal, this is starting to hurt. I could jam her into the stark field, but that might kill her.
I cant do that while I still have a chance to save her. I head towards the cell tower, the two of us are going to crash right through it. I hope she doesn't break.

April... this fight might kill the both of us, but I'll be damned if I let them take you.

April as yet, doesn't know what I am either. Lets hope it stays that way.

He placed his hands behind his back and slid into his stance, waited....Wait... And as soon as she leaped, spun in a Muay Thai roundhouse kick that took full advantage of his speed and strength, aiming to impact it directly for the side of her head as he aimed for the ear.
That had several results. First. it did strike her. Secondly, she twisted her head and her fangs got a good rip into Nosferatu's leg as she skittered back into a roll.

Third, she shifted partially back to human. "Who are you? Where am I? And tell me why I shouldn't kill you now, bloodsucker. Your choice of the order you answer those in." She asked, her claws still at the ready and blood dripping from her teeth.

Meanwhile, the hall of mirrors was starting to light up and music began playing from inside. And... among it all, a smell that seemed out of place from nearby.

Cigarette smoke.

@Ringmaster

That had several results. First. it did strike her. Secondly, she twisted her head and her fangs got a good rip into Nosferatu's leg as she skittered back into a roll.

Third, she shifted partially back to human. "Who are you? Where am I? And tell me why I shouldn't kill you now, bloodsucker. Your choice of the order you answer those in." She asked, her claws still at the ready and blood dripping from her teeth.

Meanwhile, the hall of mirrors was starting to light up and music began playing from inside. And... among it all, a smell that seemed out of place from nearby.

Cigarette smoke.

@Ringmaster
"Nosferatu, Theme Park and if you're who I think you are, you got a friend around here who needs help. Apparently, he was looking for you and got into trouble." He dropped the picture of her on the ground and turned to walk away, heading for the vehicle as he sat down and checked his watch.

"You recovered fast from that blow of mine. Normally, the disorientation when you impact the ear tends to make people sick. And you had the presence of mind to bite me as well."

@Michale CS

I have to find a way to break this signal, this is starting to hurt. I could jam her into the stark field, but that might kill her.
I cant do that while I still have a chance to save her. I head towards the cell tower, the two of us are going to crash right through it. I hope she doesn't break.

April... this fight might kill the both of us, but I'll be damned if I let them take you.

April as yet, doesn't know what I am either. Lets hope it stays that way.
Since he was close to the exit, that was the fastest way to get to the cell tower. Three times he stumbled, and three times there was a wrestling match that Grady was winning by less and less of a margin each time. He felt ribs crack at least once, and his collarbone was about dislocated.

And that was before they slammed full on into the tower, which lazily fell over onto the beach.

They sat in a pile, with him on top of April. For a time, an awful, horrible time, April seemed to be unmoving and unresponsive.

Finally he heard her voice again. "Ach, get offa me ya bastard. Yer me cousin. Or are ye? I dinna think we ever worked that out." He felt that resounding from somewhere in the middle of her chest.

The next thing he heard was the sound of someone trying to start a motorboat. They seemed to be having trouble getting it going.

@Gands

Reactions: Gands
"Nosferatu, Theme Park and if you're who I think you are, you got a friend around here who needs help. Apparently, he was looking for you and got into trouble." He dropped the picture of her on the ground and turned to walk away, heading for the vehicle as he sat down and checked his watch.

"You recovered fast from that blow of mine. Normally, the disorientation when you impact the ear tends to make people sick. And you had the presence of mind to bite me as well."
"No. I'm not her. She got lucky. Her friend negotiated for her, submitted to get her free and happy. Guess who he is? I'm... Just Maven. I didn't used to be this way. Not til he changed me. And, thanks for the compliment." She didn't bother to let him know but he'd sense from the way she was holding herself, that she was still recovering from dizziness delivered by that blow.

"I don't want to be changed back. I don't think you can. But if you don't stop what they're doing, this is gonna get a lot worse."

@Ringmaster

Damnit April, stay here will yah. I found your phone yah daft woman and came to save yah.

I get up slowly, picking up my cane, stretch a little bit as things start to knit back together. After a moment, I start running for the boats. I sure as hell hope these women can be ... changed back. I hope the good guys haven't taken as much of a pounding as I have.

"No. I'm not her. She got lucky. Her friend negotiated for her, submitted to get her free and happy. Guess who he is? I'm... Just Maven. I didn't used to be this way. Not til he changed me. And, thanks for the compliment." She didn't bother to let him know but he'd sense from the way she was holding herself, that she was still recovering from dizziness delivered by that blow.

"I don't want to be changed back. I don't think you can. But if you don't stop what they're doing, this is gonna get a lot worse."
"That my dear, is a matter of time. Its the only reason I'm doing this."

He replied a little coolly. Ten minutes were almost up and he added.

"So. You familiar with a man named Constantine? Also, whats the big deal behind all this? Seems a lot of trouble."

@Michale CS

The girl was fast, but wasn't fast enough to dodge bullets, apparently. She went down but one hand snaked out and grabbed Argent's ankle, then all was disorientation. Floor, Sky, Beach, Sky, ouch. Apparently she had been tossed like a rag doll end over end, landing on the beach. Seeing as it was the beach, the damage was minimal, but that proved the girl's newfound strength and speed.

FFsPpCU.jpg

"Shit. I hope I heal fast. Hey, you okay? Really didn't mean to do that but mind control. Whatcha gonna do?" The woman drug herself to the railing, useless legs already seeming to mend. "Thanks for that, by the way. A shitload of pain is apparently the cure for Mr. Belevedere and his amazing wonky hat."

@york
Argent Sentinel (Lilly Briant)
@Michale CS

Looks like her bullets did the trick, but unfortunately she wasn't quite fast enough to dodge that lightning fast grab to the ankle. She had been trained well, sure, and had reaction speeds most humans could only dream of, but alas, she was only human... And so, she found herself being flung through the air, and onto the beach. Fortunately, she was durable enough to survive the fall unscathes, that and it was sand, and not much of a drop.

She groaned quietly, getting herself up off the ground and dusting herself off; she had still kept a good grip on that phone, fortunately. Then, she looked up at the woman, noticing that her legs were already healing despite the bullet wounds. She mentioned mind control... And someone called Mr. Belevedere... Hmm... Could he be that hypnotist April had mentioned?

"Hey! Did you see anyone else with him?" She asked.

With any luck, the answer is a yes.

Damnit April, stay here will yah. I found your phone yah daft woman and came to save yah.

I get up slowly, picking up my cane, stretch a little bit as things start to knit back together. After a moment, I start running for the boats. I sure as hell hope these women can be ... changed back. I hope the good guys haven't taken as much of a pounding as I have.
"Oh yah, I'll just lay here and get meself a tan, shall I?" She called after him, shifting back to a sitting position.

Grady heard the engine fire up, and right as he got to the shore, a small motorboat tore out of the mooring area around the old Paddleboat place.

From the looks of it, three people were in it. A tall man in a green outfit, a portly teenager... and a woman, hands bound behind her back and mouth gagged. You don't gag mind control victims, usually, so that was a good sign at least?

But the only ways that Grady had of catching them was either to swim, or to go after a motorboat in a paddleboat.

Talk about life handing you lemons.

@Gands

. And someone called Mr. Belevedere... Hmm... Could he be that hypnotist April had mentioned?

"Hey! Did you see anyone else with him?" She asked.

With any luck, the answer is a yes.
That's when they heard the motorboat start up in the distance.

"Yup. And you might be able to catch them. Here." She tossed a set of keys to Argent. "See the next lifeguard tower over? The speedboat's there. If you're a fast runner maybe you can get to em fast enough."

@york @Gands

I climb into the boat and paddle for my life.

Q, dammit, the paddle boats man, they're at the paddle boats.

I yell at the top of my lungs as I climb into a paddle boat, using my more than normal strength to keep the paddle boat going as fast as I can make it. I couldn't throw anything without risking hurting the last girl.

That's when they heard the motorboat start up in the distance.

"Yup. And you might be able to catch them. Here." She tossed a set of keys to Argent. "See the next lifeguard tower over? The speedboat's there. If you're a fast runner maybe you can get to em fast enough."

@york @Gands
@Michale CS @Gands

The Sentinel nodded, catching the keys out of the air... Giving the woman one last glance, she rushed off towards the speedboat, aiming to get to whoever was already fleeing at this point, the last thing she wanted was to lose someone valuable to this case.

I climb into the boat and paddle for my life.

Q, dammit, the paddle boats man, they're at the paddle boats.

I yell at the top of my lungs as I climb into a paddle boat, using my more than normal strength to keep the paddle boat going as fast as I can make it. I couldn't throw anything without risking hurting the last girl.
The Sentinel nodded, catching the keys out of the air... Giving the woman one last glance, she rushed off towards the speedboat, aiming to get to whoever was already fleeing at this point, the last thing she wanted was to lose someone valuable to this case.
Argent got to the speedboat with the big red cross on the side of it and sped off toward the fleeing people, quickly catching up to Grady. It wouldn't be too hard for Grady to swing himself up onto the boat, seeing as it was made for water rescues.

Presuming they met up, the speedboat seemed far more than a match in speed for the motorboat the villains were using.

Once they got close, the tall man produced a cloak from behind him and smiled. "I am sorry, you little control freak, but our association is at an end." The teenager stood up.

"What? You can't... do this." But it was too late, when the tall man flicked his cloak, he had disappeared.

The next thing he knew, he was cowering with Grady pulling himself into the boat and Argent sitting in the speedboat, covering him with a pistol.

"I give up?" He said feebly.

Meanwhile, the girl, who was obviously Rayleen Thorne, was struggling against her bonds and complaining as best she could while gagged.

@york @Gands

Argent, tell me I cant crack this punk's skull open. Tell us where the rest of the girls are you knot head.

I menace the lad, holding my cane at the ready.

And for that matter, drop all of your electronics.

Argent got to the speedboat with the big red cross on the side of it and sped off toward the fleeing people, quickly catching up to Grady. It wouldn't be too hard for Grady to swing himself up onto the boat, seeing as it was made for water rescues.

Presuming they met up, the speedboat seemed far more than a match in speed for the motorboat the villains were using.

Once they got close, the tall man produced a cloak from behind him and smiled. "I am sorry, you little control freak, but our association is at an end." The teenager stood up.

"What? You can't... do this." But it was too late, when the tall man flicked his cloak, he had disappeared.

The next thing he knew, he was cowering with Grady pulling himself into the boat and Argent sitting in the speedboat, covering him with a pistol.

"I give up?" He said feebly.

Meanwhile, the girl, who was obviously Rayleen Thorne, was struggling against her bonds and complaining as best she could while gagged.

@york @Gands
Argent, tell me I cant crack this punk's skull open. Tell us where the rest of the girls are you knot head.

I menace the lad, holding my cane at the ready.

And for that matter, drop all of your electronics.
@Gands @Michale CS

The sentinel shook her head.

"If we want our answers. We keep our... Merchandise intact." She said simply.

Eyeing their captive carefully, she studied him for a moment before she spoke.

"Now. Tell us what you know, or this will be a... Long ride for you." She said, her voice taking on quite the chilling tone.

The look in her eyes told him she was dead serious about this too... Hopefully their captive would make the easier decision.​

"Now. Tell us what you know, or this will be a... Long ride for you." She said, her voice taking on quite the chilling tone.

The look in her eyes told him she was dead serious about this too... Hopefully their captive would make the easier decision.
"Jesus, Joseph and Mary you guys are intense. Keep your pants on!" He pulled out several cell phones out of his pockets, undid his watch and dropped it and then, well something kind of stupid.

He shoved Rayleen Thorne over the edge of the boat, and then attempted to dive over the side of it himself.

@york @Gands

Argent's taking over the conversation was just the time I needed to get ahold my anger and deep desire to throttle the kid.
Just as he jumps overboard. As much as I'd like to help him drown, but better side already has the joystick and I dive in after the Thorne girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.