3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
OOC/Signup Thread is here.

Interest Check is here

Several short scenarios and a general 'sandbox' to interact IC will be run on this thread, as we tread water at the time of this writing waiting for the updated Groups system.

After that point, other than the casual threads, all IC scenarios/missions will be invite only - invite contingent on being part of the group.

Last edited:
Yeah, I'm ready. Do you have my cell phone number ? You know, just in case ?

You do know, that I can handle myself right ? I may not be much compared to most masks... But I'm pretty tough.

I will try to meet you at the bar later to give you an update.

I put on a pair of gloves, slightly weighted and slightly armored, a trick some of Patrick's bruisers taught me. I'm wearing an old sweater of my fathers, with the leather patches on the elbows, along with a grey London fog. My boots and belt of course are strong Tir A Nog leather crafted. All of that and I have my Cane. I've never seen it even scratched.
"I'm not a fighter either you know. I just know the basics. Granted, I learned them from the Bat, so they're probably Good basics. I'll stay near the door and if I see you hit trouble I'll come in, otherwise, I'm going to start working these leads."

Once he was inside, it was just a normal looking cafe. One of those kind that give old timey country style breakfasts and close pretty close to dark. In fact, the name the place was A Touch of Smallville. The place featured pictures from all around the farming community, and the waitress was a kindly woman well into her fifties. "Take a seat anywhere, darlin'. Mind you, we close at seven. Sharp. But we won't run you out. Might ask you to flip the sign to closed and lock the front door until you're ready to go, though."

The woman's nametag declared her name was Alice, and she brought a menu to Grady the moment he chose a spot to sit. "Start you off with some coffee? It's a bit chilly near the coast about this time of day."

@Gands

Thank you Ma'am, coffee would be great. I have a little pang of hunger, could you get me your best sand which and fries ?

I look around, inside I am still a little wary and looking for things that don't fit. Once my meal arrives, I'll pull out my picture of April and ask Alice if she's seen my sister. My cane is next to my leg, just in case.

"We'll all right then. I think I have just the sandwich for you too. Corned beef on rye. Fries, and it'll come with a big ol pickle spear." Alice said as she was already pouring the coffee.

When approached with the picture, she stared for a long moment, then seemed like she'd just been reminded something important, and nodded. "Yes, I saw her in here a few days ago. Only reason I noticed is she obviously is the type used to much fancier places than ours. Looked around for a napkin, when they're right in the holder. You know, how the fancy places wrap up their silverware in cloth napkins? Sat right back there at the far booth. Came in with a couple of fellas. A tall thin man, reminded me of a butler, somehow, and a teenager. Kinda portly. Kids these days. this one was looking at his cell phone the whole time. One of those big ones that you can't rightly fit in your pocket? Anyway, I don't remember much outside of that other than they tipped really well and the lady left her phone behind. Dropped it underneath the booth. Didn't find it til we were sweeping up for the day, and by then the bugger wouldn't turn on. Nice one too, one of those Apple Droids or whatever you call em."

Then Alice blinked. "That was right peculiar. I didn't mean to rattle on so much, but I felt like I had to tell someone all of that. Like I'd been meaning to for awhile, but couldn't for some reason or other. Sorry to have nattered your ear off. I'll go put this order up and check in on you in a bit."

@Gands

Thank you Ma'am, that is quite a help actually. The girl Is my sister and she's gone missing. If you still have her phone, I'd be obliged if you could get it for me.

By this time I've finished my meal and I wipe my mouth, clean my spot a little just out of habit and take out a $20 dollar bill placing it in her hand and squeezing gently.

I expect if she was looking around, she was thinking of some way to leave a message. You ever see those fellahs before or since ?

I get up and walk over to the booth, reaching into the cushions for napkin notes. When Alice gets me April's phone, I clutch at it desperately taking a brief moment to get ahold of myself.

I call a taxi, needing to head over to the nameless bar. I send a text to Big Patrick, telling him I might have a lead and that I'll bring him more information in the morning.

Reactions: Michale CS
Thank you Ma'am, that is quite a help actually. The girl Is my sister and she's gone missing. If you still have her phone, I'd be obliged if you could get it for me.

By this time I've finished my meal and I wipe my mouth, clean my spot a little just out of habit and take out a $20 dollar bill placing it in her hand and squeezing gently.

I expect if she was looking around, she was thinking of some way to leave a message. You ever see those fellahs before or since ?

"The kid, yes. He came in a day or two later. Just ordered a milkshake to go. Sat right here at the counter. He acted like I'd never seen him before, so I did the same. Can't have been here five minutes. Left a nice tip too, but stared at that phone of his the whole time. Speaking of phones, I'll go get your sister's, Hun."

It looked like Alice was pointedly ignoring the fact Grady mentioned that April was trying to send a message.

When Grady checked the cushions of the booth, he struck out. Until he thought to check out the napkin holder itself out of desperation. Stuck to the bottom of the holder was a bandaid that was taping a phone battery to it.

Once he'd unstuck the battery, he indeed found a note. But it seemed to be a code more than anything.

Alice came over and handed Grady the phone, apparently oblivious to his antics at the booth. "I hope you find your sister, Hun. Be a shame if she got tied up with that actress scam I've been hearing about."

@Gands

Thank you Ma'am, very kind of you. If you see either the tall thin fellah, or the portly teen-ager again could you call me please.

I hand her my business card. I head out in a hurry, heading for the bar with no name. Not trusting myself with April's phone yet.

Thank you Ma'am, very kind of you. If you see either the tall thin fellah, or the portly teen-ager again could you call me please.

I hand her my business card. I head out in a hurry, heading for the bar with no name. Not trusting myself with April's phone yet.

"Sure will, Hun." She smiled and tucked away the card.

About a minute later, Alice hung up the phone.
"Well isn't that peculiar? I could have sworn I heard it ring. Alice, you're losing it girl."

[[ This unifies the timeline for all the current PCs. Expect a post later tonight ]]

@Gands @Ringmaster @york

Dateline: Friday September 2nd, 2005 - Approx 7pm

@Ringmaster

The hard drive gave virtually no clues for the current case, and the internet did a fairly horrible job at translating Hebrew. It was enough to reveal to Nosferatu that Rory also lived a double life, mainly avenging those who messed with the street folk and homeless and other underprivileged in his neighborhood. Cross referencing the journals to local police blotters seemed to indicate that this man had no problem being judge, jury and executioner to those he found guilty. Strangulation deaths of local thugs in this area were common, and somehow never looked further into by the GCPD.

Once Nosferatu got to the park on the first night, he wasn't there twenty minutes before he smelled that smoke and heard that voice again, behind him.

"You're lucky I put a tracer on this spot when you didn't show up right away that first night, Mate, or you'd be working on your own. You turn up anything I didn't? My Hebrew is only average, but I got the gist that our proprietor is hiding something, but is probably not our culprit. In fact he might be a victim himself by now, if what I suspect is true."
"He's a vigilante. Ran into something too big for him, if I'm reading this correctly. Wrote in Hebrew to hide his tracks, apparently ran up against a bigger fish playing hero. Can't say I've ever seen the appeal. How did you get into this?"

@Michale CS

"He's a vigilante. Ran into something too big for him, if I'm reading this correctly. Wrote in Hebrew to hide his tracks, apparently ran up against a bigger fish playing hero. Can't say I've ever seen the appeal. How did you get into this?"
"Can't say it was entirely my choice. Long story. I do what I have to, no more, no less." He flicked the cigarette away and shook his head. "There were traces of magic left behind, some may be our vigilante's - but there's something else."

"That rag shop wasn't my first place to have a peek at. I was down by the docks, near one of those empty warehouses. Traced a little magic there, might have been our vigilante's. Too faint to be sure. But I also found this."

He tossed a small velvet bag to Nosferatu. "Flash powder. The kind stage magicians use to appear and disappear on stage. Whomever we're after might have a little magic going for them, but mainly, it's just smoke and mirrors. I'll keep working the case, but looks like our git is just a novice when it comes to the finger-waggling."

John also handed Nosferatu a business card. "You find anything that's more than cheap parlor tricks, ring me up. You got any other questions, let me know. Me, I got somewhere to be for the next little while."

@Ringmaster

[[ Feel free to bridge this convo into joining the others at the Bar With No Name ]]

Not for the first time did I thank that I was wearing a mask to prevent people seeing my expression. Experience in keeping a low profile assisted as well, which gave me knowledge how to poise myself perfectly. Completely neutral though my mind was anything but. John Constantine seemed to be a big name in paranormal circles. Someone who didn't deal with petty mages.

Then again, Batman hunted down muggers so maybe there was something to that. So.

Dr. Thompson and her memory flickers.A formerly homeless woman goes missing alongside two others. A vigilante dies. Cross reference of names of gang members and their people are studied on my way to the bar. Always a connection, if you look closely.

I need blood. Feeling famished in a way that thirst has nothing to do with. How many days since I did? Hmph. After.

Maybe there's a blood bank nearby.

At least the bar is warm, the moment I step in.

@Gands @york @Michale CS

Dr. Thompson and her memory flickers.A formerly homeless woman goes missing alongside two others. A vigilante dies. Cross reference of names of gang members and their people are studied on my way to the bar. Always a connection, if you look closely.
Once Nosferatu entered the bar as well, my attention veers to the mask. "Good to see you're still around. I made some headway, as did the fellow looking for his sister. Hope you did too."

@Ringmaster @Gands @york

Once Nosferatu entered the bar as well, my attention veers to the mask. "Good to see you're still around. I made some headway, as did the fellow looking for his sister. Hope you did too."

@Ringmaster @Gands @york
"I'll share when the others come."

I grunt and cross my arms as I sit in the booth, head bowed.

All the better to restrain the hunger.

@Michale CS @Gands @york

I'm finally back to the no name bar. I am a bit breathless jogging in from the cab. Next time I drive my truck.
I look around for Q, still clutching April's phone. I spot the other mask first, give him a small nod before I spot Q and head that way.

Dateline: Friday September 2nd, 2005 - Approx 8pm

So I was back from Metropolis, with as many new questions as answers. I decided to see if Nosferatu had decided to drop by for a progress report. No such luck so far. There was, however, someone else that I suspected of having a double life. I just took my usual seat and ordered my usual drink. If she was here for the job, she'd know who I was and approach me.

@york
"Can't say it was entirely my choice. Long story. I do what I have to, no more, no less." He flicked the cigarette away and shook his head. "There were traces of magic left behind, some may be our vigilante's - but there's something else."

"That rag shop wasn't my first place to have a peek at. I was down by the docks, near one of those empty warehouses. Traced a little magic there, might have been our vigilante's. Too faint to be sure. But I also found this."

He tossed a small velvet bag to Nosferatu. "Flash powder. The kind stage magicians use to appear and disappear on stage. Whomever we're after might have a little magic going for them, but mainly, it's just smoke and mirrors. I'll keep working the case, but looks like our git is just a novice when it comes to the finger-waggling."

John also handed Nosferatu a business card. "You find anything that's more than cheap parlor tricks, ring me up. You got any other questions, let me know. Me, I got somewhere to be for the next little while."

@Ringmaster

[[ Feel free to bridge this convo into joining the others at the Bar With No Name ]]
Lilly Briant (Argent Sentinel)
@Ringmaster @Michale CS @Others?

Lilly was quick to notice a... Questionable figure enter the bar with no name, she quickly grabbed her drink, taking a notable sip before she approached, slowly... Cautiously. The expression on her face revealed very little about her motives, but she had arrived just in time to catch some of the conversation going on.

Though, the casual passerby might assume she had come to start a fight, possibly having taken on a much heavier beverage than she had bargained for, but instead, she suddenly spoke, concise, to the point, but quiet, knowing there were probably more prying ears about.

"Any suspects?" She asked, not seeming to feel any sense of remorse, barging into a conversation like that.

Of course, most folks would be more than a little curious why an ex-marine looking gal like herself was doing, nosing around into other people's business. However, as faint as it may be, that look in her eyes likely told the Question all he needed to know; he had a bite, but it was difficult to discern of what caliber.

Well, seeing that she had yet to feel the effects of her drink, at the very least she could hold her liquor, but one really had to wonder... What kind of life was she harboring, under a seemingly normal one?​

"Any suspects?" She asked, not seeming to feel any sense of remorse, barging into a conversation like that.

Of course, most folks would be more than a little curious why an ex-marine looking gal like herself was doing, nosing around into other people's business. However, as faint as it may be, that look in her eyes likely told the Question all he needed to know; he had a bite, but it was difficult to discern of what caliber.

Well, seeing that she had yet to feel the effects of her drink, at the very least she could hold her liquor, but one really had to wonder... What kind of life was she harboring, under a seemingly normal one?
I grunt and look her over. "Guess I haven't totally lost my touch. At least one of you came here because I put the word out. No genuine suspects, but I think we're getting close. Or at least building a profile."

@Gands @york @Ringmaster

I grunt and look her over. "Guess I haven't totally lost my touch. At least one of you came here because I put the word out. No genuine suspects, but I think we're getting close. Or at least building a profile."

@Gands @york @Ringmaster
I'm finally back to the no name bar. I am a bit breathless jogging in from the cab. Next time I drive my truck.
I look around for Q, still clutching April's phone. I spot the other mask first, give him a small nod before I spot Q and head that way.
@Gands @Ringmaster @Michale CS

Even the mention of a profile seemed to peak Lilly's interest, and she cocked a brow, giving another arrival a sideways glance, before she turned her attention to the case itself.

"What have we got so far?" She asked.

Now she knew she had a target... But, she had to know as many details as she could. Even the smallest of leads, might give them a more specifi locations, a place for her to prowl, until they could identify the correct suspect.​

I see a woman move to talk to Q as I am heading that way. First glance seems like a hard case, military or cop ? The other mask seems like he is pouting.

Hello Q.... I've got something... three or four somethings... I didn't... I didn't open it ... I wanted us all to see it.

I am breathless, excited, acting like a noob. Cripes.

I ... found.....her... Phone ! She managed to hide it. She was at that dinner, like three days back... With a ... oh hell...

I hand Q the phone... then the battery.

With a tall thin man that the waitress thought looked like a butler, and a portly teenage boy who couldn't stop looking at his tablet.

Uuuhm... Good evening Ma'am

Grady is dressed in a London Fog coat, with a leather elbow patched sweater, a pair of thick jeans with a fancy decorated pair of boots and matching belt. he has what seem to be padded gloves and is carrying an odd looking cane.

"What have we got so far?" She asked.

Now she knew she had a target... But, she had to know as many details as she could. Even the smallest of leads, might give them a more specifi locations, a place for her to prowl, until they could identify the correct suspect.

With a tall thin man that the waitress thought looked like a butler, and a portly teenage boy who couldn't stop looking at his tablet.

Grady is dressed in a London Fog coat, with a leather elbow patched sweater, a pair of thick jeans with a fancy decorated pair of boots and matching belt. he has what seem to be padded gloves and is carrying an odd looking cane.
I shake my head. This is what you get for free, right? "Well, that's something." I look over the phone. "Damn. She voided her warranty by prying a battery out of an iPhone." I manage to wiggle it back together. "Passworded. Don't suppose you know what that is?" I ask, once it comes up.

I figure Nosferatu is keeping quiet because of the new girl. I don't trust anyone either, but leaps of faith have to be made during times like this, so once he realizes I'm spilling everything to the girl anyway, I'm sure he'll pipe up. He looks a little distracted too, even more tired than Grady when he beat feet to get in here.

@Gands @york @Ringmaster

ooh ooh... That's what that number is.

I laugh a little bit, April, you sly little thing you. !

I hand Q the little slip that was with the Battery.

I don't question Q about the new girl, but part of me does want to shut the hell up, but right now I'm simply too excited to stop.

I see a woman move to talk to Q as I am heading that way. First glance seems like a hard case, military or cop ? The other mask seems like he is pouting.

Hello Q.... I've got something... three or four somethings... I didn't... I didn't open it ... I wanted us all to see it.

I am breathless, excited, acting like a noob. Cripes.

I ... found.....her... Phone ! She managed to hide it. She was at that dinner, like three days back... With a ... oh hell...

I shake my head. This is what you get for free, right? "Well, that's something." I look over the phone. "Damn. She voided her warranty by prying a battery out of an iPhone." I manage to wiggle it back together. "Passworded. Don't suppose you know what that is?" I ask, once it comes up.

I figure Nosferatu is keeping quiet because of the new girl. I don't trust anyone either, but leaps of faith have to be made during times like this, so once he realizes I'm spilling everything to the girl anyway, I'm sure he'll pipe up. He looks a little distracted too, even more tired than Grady when he beat feet to get in here.

@Gands @york @Ringmaster
ooh ooh... That's what that number is.

I laugh a little bit, April, you sly little thing you. !

I hand Q the little slip that was with the Battery.

I don't question Q about the new girl, but part of me does want to shut the hell up, but right now I'm simply too excited to stop.
@Gands @Ringmaster @Michale CS

Lilly offered a curt nod towards the newcomer's greeting. It was obvious the three gathered here had gone over more about this case than she had been here for, but nonetheless it peaked her interest. She eyed her drink carefully... She ordered something strong incase she didn't find who she was looking for and got impatient, but clearly, this was not the case. Perhaps for the better good, she put the glass down on the nearby table, before she looked closely at the phone the newcomer had brought in.

"Don't sweat it. For every coin... There's two sides." She said simply.

Looks like she wasn't keen on being direct with her words, a good tactic if one wanted to keep their secrets... Secret. Even in a place like this, she couldn't be completely sure that there were no other ears, listening in on them.

Lately, she had been keeping tabs on one particular case; the disappearance of April O' Rourke, a disappearance, much like many others that have occurred throughout Gotham. Typically a result of someone in a high place, or someone with the right connections, who wanted someone else silenced.

Apparantly she had worked at the Daily Planet.

Perhaps she simply treaded on the wrong toes? Or... Maybe she was roped into something bigger?

No immediate answers could be produced yet, but with time... And enough digging, she was certain they'd find out just how deep this rabbit hole goes.

Reactions: Gands
Status
Not open for further replies.