3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
OOC/Signup Thread is here.

Interest Check is here

Several short scenarios and a general 'sandbox' to interact IC will be run on this thread, as we tread water at the time of this writing waiting for the updated Groups system.

After that point, other than the casual threads, all IC scenarios/missions will be invite only - invite contingent on being part of the group.

Last edited:
Tick-tock.

Ten minutes are up.

And around the theme park area, Nosferatu follows the trail of the rag girl.

The others have things well in hand and he has no way to get to them anyway.

Not without wings.

@Michale CS

Tick-tock.

Ten minutes are up.

And around the theme park area, Nosferatu follows the trail of the rag girl.

The others have things well in hand and he has no way to get to them anyway.

Not without wings.
The wolf girl simply turned and bolted without another word. Something for another time, perhaps.

Once he entered the hall of mirrors he heard two voices. The first, a male, with an English accent. "You know, there's a solid possibility I can fix what was done to you."

"And what makes you think I need fixing?"

"Elizabeth Berg. She's the reason you agreed to become like this, isn't she? Can't see any other reason why there's a new pop sensation waiting to be discovered out there calling herself Lizzy Berg when all the rest of the birds got given the double whammy."

"Shut up! I'm not that person any more. Oh... we have a visitor. We know his secrets, yes we do. The mirrors show all. I looked in that mirror for a long time. A very long time. He wants to rid himself of a curse he does. Come, find me little mosquito, and soon, you'll be craving pizza and hot pockets like the rest of us. That's what I'll miss most about having flesh. Eating. So sensual."

"If that's who I think it is who joined us, follow my voice. You have to get me to the artifact. If I can do that I can-"

"What? Fix me? Fix any of this? No, it's all change, it's all different. What you do? Touch it? Oh please, come touch it little meddler and be changed."

@Ringmaster

The wolf girl simply turned and bolted without another word. Something for another time, perhaps.

Once he entered the hall of mirrors he heard two voices. The first, a male, with an English accent. "You know, there's a solid possibility I can fix what was done to you."

"And what makes you think I need fixing?"

"Elizabeth Berg. She's the reason you agreed to become like this, isn't she? Can't see any other reason why there's a new pop sensation waiting to be discovered out there calling herself Lizzy Berg when all the rest of the birds got given the double whammy."

"Shut up! I'm not that person any more. Oh... we have a visitor. We know his secrets, yes we do. The mirrors show all. I looked in that mirror for a long time. A very long time. He wants to rid himself of a curse he does. Come, find me little mosquito, and soon, you'll be craving pizza and hot pockets like the rest of us. That's what I'll miss most about having flesh. Eating. So sensual."

"If that's who I think it is who joined us, follow my voice. You have to get me to the artifact. If I can do that I can-"

"What? Fix me? Fix any of this? No, it's all change, it's all different. What you do? Touch it? Oh please, come touch it little meddler and be changed."

@Ringmaster
"So. You know what I am. Then in that case, you should know why I want to rid myself of this....Thing."

He paused and glanced around.

"Constantine, are you there? Give a man some kind of path, will you? And tell me what this is all about."

@Michale CS

He paused and glanced around.

"Constantine, are you there? Give a man some kind of path, will you? And tell me what this is all about."
"You've got a good sniffer, right Mate? Where there's smoke there's fire, what? And whatever you do, if you see a floaty sort of crystal... mirrored... thing, don't look at it if you can help it yeah? And most certainly don't touch it. You can follow my voice too but since it's all echoey in here I'm not sure that'll get things sorted, will it?"

"Oh yes, bring the little human to me too. How long to turn a human into a monster, or... why aim low? How about a talking duck? Wouldn't that be grand? But it would be easy, frighteningly easy, to turn a monster into a man who never ever played with toys he shouldn't have. Come, please find me and look at eternity in all its glory!"

And indeed it was echoing in here. Most people couldn't follow the tell-tale sign of cigarette smoke to its source once it proliferated throughout an enclosed space.

But then again, Nosferatu wasn't most people.

@Ringmaster

"Jesus, Joseph and Mary you guys are intense. Keep your pants on!" He pulled out several cell phones out of his pockets, undid his watch and dropped it and then, well something kind of stupid.

He shoved Rayleen Thorne over the edge of the boat, and then attempted to dive over the side of it himself.

@york @Gands
Argent's taking over the conversation was just the time I needed to get ahold my anger and deep desire to throttle the kid.
Just as he jumps overboard. As much as I'd like to help him drown, but better side already has the joystick and I dive in after the Thorne girl.
Argent Sentinel (Lilly Briant)
@Michale CS @Gands

Rolling her eyes, the Sentinel dropped off the phone she had acquired from the Lifeguard Tower into the boat, and dove over the edge for the boy. Fortunately, even waterlogged, her clothes wouldn't be too much of a problem, her biggest concern was their captive.

Despite having alot of electronics and even a watch to dig through, there was always the possibility that the phones were password protected, which meant that this boy still had some considerable use in him.

"You've got a good sniffer, right Mate? Where there's smoke there's fire, what? And whatever you do, if you see a floaty sort of crystal... mirrored... thing, don't look at it if you can help it yeah? And most certainly don't touch it. You can follow my voice too but since it's all echoey in here I'm not sure that'll get things sorted, will it?"

"Oh yes, bring the little human to me too. How long to turn a human into a monster, or... why aim low? How about a talking duck? Wouldn't that be grand? But it would be easy, frighteningly easy, to turn a monster into a man who never ever played with toys he shouldn't have. Come, please find me and look at eternity in all its glory!"

And indeed it was echoing in here. Most people couldn't follow the tell-tale sign of cigarette smoke to its source once it proliferated throughout an enclosed space.

But then again, Nosferatu wasn't most people.

@Ringmaster
"Spirit that haunts this dark lagoon to-night," he cried, "dost hear me?"

Following where he could, he kept going.

"Have you another voice? Another name?"

Left-left-right. Hmmm.

@Michale CS

Argent's taking over the conversation was just the time I needed to get ahold my anger and deep desire to throttle the kid.
Just as he jumps overboard. As much as I'd like to help him drown, but better side already has the joystick and I dive in after the Thorne girl.
@Michale CS @Gands

Rolling her eyes, the Sentinel dropped off the phone she had acquired from the Lifeguard Tower into the boat, and dove over the edge for the boy. Fortunately, even waterlogged, her clothes wouldn't be too much of a problem, her biggest concern was their captive.

Despite having alot of electronics and even a watch to dig through, there was always the possibility that the phones were password protected, which meant that this boy still had some considerable use in him.
Grady, despite his injuries, found Rayleen before she had gotten too deep in the water. Funny, but the ropes around her hands had come off before he even got to her. Must have been loosened by the water. It wasn't long before he was hauling her up over the edge of the speedboat, that being a better place to get people out of the water from.

Argent took a little bit longer to get to her goal as her rescuee was unwilling. He was also a relatively out of shape teenager, so he ran out of fight quickly.

A few minutes later, they returned to shore, to find...

Big Patrick, a couple of his boys, Rupert Thorne, the 'bouncers' from Ugly Joe's and Meloncholy.

Thorne immediately accepted a hug from Rayleen, then looked over at the rest of them.

"I owe you for bringing back my Rayleen. You ever need anything, you let me know. Patrick, you've got a good kid here."

"Don't ya think I know that? Grady, ya done us proud." Patrick replied with a smile.

"Yeah yeah, I'm gonna bail. Doesn't look like you need me after all." The woman said.

But something wasn't right. Grady wasn't feeling especially calm around Meloncholy. And wouldn't April have been here before Thorne and Patrick could get here?

About that time, the Question was running full tilt down the beach toward them, waving his arms and yelling. Couldn't hear what he was saying though.

@york @Gands

"Spirit that haunts this dark lagoon to-night," he cried, "dost hear me?"

Following where he could, he kept going.

"Have you another voice? Another name?"

Left-left-right. Hmmm.
"Oh you can call me Scraps now. Yes, Scraps the Patchwork Girl? Do you know the story? Probably not, it's well before your time."

"Oz. It's an Oz story. A girl created from scraps. Lives as a slave to her creators, until Dorothy and the others help people realize she should be free. As you should be. You're acting according to a hypnotic suggestion. I can break that. I'm rather good at that sort of thing. Honest."

That's about when Nosferatu came across John. He jotted down a note on a little notepad and showed it to him.

Left twice, then right. That's where it is. I can't get close enough. You distract her, I'll grab it. Don't look at it mate!
But, this was his one sure-fire chance to rid himself of a curse. If what they all were saying was true, just looking at this thing could cure him forever.

Decisions, decisions.

@Ringmaster

Reactions: Gands
Argent, something's not right, not right at all.

I kick the sand, aiming to get it in the faces of the images? standing in front of me. Then, looking down at their legs, I reach out for Raylene.

The hypnotist Argent... it's the hypnotist.

Lord I hope I was right on this, hell to pay if not.

"Oh you can call me Scraps now. Yes, Scraps the Patchwork Girl? Do you know the story? Probably not, it's well before your time."

"Oz. It's an Oz story. A girl created from scraps. Lives as a slave to her creators, until Dorothy and the others help people realize she should be free. As you should be. You're acting according to a hypnotic suggestion. I can break that. I'm rather good at that sort of thing. Honest."
"Much as I liked Scraps, I always felt more of a kinship with Tik-Tok. Always needing to be wound up."

He crumbled the paper after reading and slipped it in his pocket, before heading out. Now...Where...

Aha. He stepped out and without looking at the item, spoke aloud.

"As a kid, I had a crush on Polychrome like you wouldn't believe."

Reactions: Gands
Argent, something's not right, not right at all.

I kick the sand, aiming to get it in the faces of the images? standing in front of me. Then, looking down at their legs, I reach out for Raylene.

The hypnotist Argent... it's the hypnotist.

Lord I hope I was right on this, hell to pay if not.
It pays off. Sort of. Rayleen had a little to do with it, as suddenly 'Thorne' staggered back from a palm under his chin even before Grady grabbed her.

Then all Hell broke loose as April was suddenly there. The Ringmaster was on the ground, and April was on top of him, pounding the life out of him.

The rest of the illusions faded as the Question finally got there. "...should we... should we.. stop her? Man I need more cardio"

@Gands @york
"Much as I liked Scraps, I always felt more of a kinship with Tik-Tok. Always needing to be wound up."

He crumbled the paper after reading and slipped it in his pocket, before heading out. Now...Where...

Aha. He stepped out and without looking at the item, spoke aloud.

"As a kid, I had a crush on Polychrome like you wouldn't believe."
"The daughter of the rainbow. Oh, that could be arranged. Or any of a number of- fool! You've killed yourself!"
Scraps called out as John Constantine blandly plucked the item from the air and held onto it with no ill effects.

faceted_cone-rainbow-crystal-ornament-c1532.jpg

"Now there's where you're wrong, Scraps. Oh, I've tucked it away now Nos, safe to look now. You see, this thing here, it's a shattered piece of leftover reality. Quite literally. In it, you can see all of the alternate versions of you from everywhere and every when. What's that quote again? Stare long enough into the abyss and the abyss stares into you? Now, I know what you're thinking, why isn't plain old John affected by all this? Put simply, I'm the only John Constantine left. Unique in the multiverse I am. No possibilities for me. This is all I've got. Kind of sad when you think of it, really."

During this rant, Scraps was taken aback. The source of the suggestion was removed. It wasn't programmed into the orders what to do if it was taken, as it was assumed no one could touch it and survive unchanged.

"Elizabeth. She's safe, right?"

"Right as rain. Might not remember you though. He did go through with his promise. Gave the girl her dream life. Makes you wonder when a villain does that. Does he have a spark of good left in him after all?"
@Ringmaster

"Welp. So much for that. The heroes sound like they got their prize...Me? I'm a good enough scientist to know not to mess with magic."

He sighed aloud and considered.

"Two things....One, you got anything I can take from this and two, is there a blood bank anywhere close? Bats gotta eat."

April love, leave a little somethin for me will yah ?

I make an effort to convince or pull her away before she kills him, and perhaps let question drag him out from under.

"Welp. So much for that. The heroes sound like they got their prize...Me? I'm a good enough scientist to know not to mess with magic."

He sighed aloud and considered.

"Two things....One, you got anything I can take from this and two, is there a blood bank anywhere close? Bats gotta eat."

"For your first question, yes. This little shattered bit of... creation, well, it's not unique. There's more. Lots more. You find another one, call me up, yeah? And as for the second, Gotham's not my town. Don't know the way around... except..."

He began walking out, with Scraps wandering out behind him as he paused. "Might I recommend this lovely bar just down the way. Called Callahan's. Serve anything you like. Even what you need, Mate. You'll find it in every town. Don't think about it too hard and don't have anywhere to be if you do go there, it'll always be an all nighter. It's like that room in those books. Think of the perfect bar, and there you'll be. Give the others my regards, what? Got places to go with this naughty git I just nabbed. Ta."

@Ringmaster

I make an effort to convince or pull her away before she kills him, and perhaps let question drag him out from under.
"He did this to me! He made me see... so many awful things! He and that fat fuck. Controllin the machine tha' did this ta me he did." She gave Ringmaster one more good whallop, cracking his jaw, then she stood up.

"I'm a woman stuck in a doll's body. I can't even change my facial expression, Grady! God knows I've tried... I've tried..."

She sank to her knees now, sobbing, though her face remained unchanged. No tears fell. Nor could they. "April O'Rourke is dead. Doll. That's what I am now, and that's what I'll be called. Doll."

Not too far away, Control Freak, who had been hiding in the illusion of Big Patrick, was on his knees, cringing and hoping that Doll didn't unleash her anger on him next.

@york @Gands @ Ringmaster

~ FIN ~
Cue Epilogue of Mission

(Feel free to continue posting wrap up here of the mission, however)

Well.

You went on an adventure, you tried to be cold. What happened?

You ended up with the name of a bar as your reward. Maybe he should rob a bank or something.

It was way too late for this shit as it was and with a deep, heart felt sigh....Nosferatu left.

His part in this story was over.

Time to get roaring drunk.​

Quick Recap:

On the Beach -
Ringmaster, unconscious, wounded badly
Control Freak - cringing like a little pansy
Question - just got my breath back, thanks
April O'Rourke/Doll - on her knees wishing she could cry real tears
Argent Sentinel - standing around going WTF did I sign up for?
Zombie-like Lifeguard - at the lifeguard tower drinking shots of Jack and getting mad that she can't get drunk.

At the Amusement Park -
Scraps - wandering around wondering if this gender reassignment from Ragman could actually work for her.
Constantine - On his way to hail a cab and then get to... wherever supremely dangerous shards of reality are safely stored
Nosferatu - On his way to find some blood somewhere, Callahan's maybe?

Unaccounted for -
Wolf Girl - She took off somewhere
Lizzy Berg - Killin the Karoke machine at Ugly Joe's last we saw her. Now, who knows?

April, lets go, lets go home. I'll get the spare bed ready. If either of us stay here any longer I'll finish the job you started. We'll find a way tah get yah back.

I was weary, sad and really wanted to squash both of these bastards.

Raylene...Your father has people in that bar there, talk to the bouncers and they will arrange a ride home.

Question... I hope some good came of this. I'm sorry tah leave the cleaning up to you, if I stay longer, I'd have to bury the bodies.

I walk over and pick up Control Freak, my hand on his neck and lift him up into the air.

With a slow, deliberate and nasty tone to my voice...

If I ever catch you doing anything to me or mine, they will find parts of your body in a thousand years mixed in concrete.

I help April up and take her to the truck.

Oh, Q, do yah need Cab Fair you and Argent ?

April, lets go, lets go home. I'll get the spare bed ready. If either of us stay here any longer I'll finish the job you started. We'll find a way tah get yah back.

"I don't sleep anymore. I can try, though. I can pretend I need it. I don't have eyes to close. I don't see anymore Grady. I just know where people and things are. In my mind. But I don't see anything. Not like before."

Raylene...Your father has people in that bar there, talk to the bouncers and they will arrange a ride home.

Question... I hope some good came of this. I'm sorry tah leave the cleaning up to you, if I stay longer, I'd have to bury the bodies.
"Yeah, I know. I spent some of my wasted youth being babysat by old Rosie. I don't normally do this but... thanks. Grady, was it? Rupert'll know about what you did for us today." She slapped him on the shoulder in companionship. Was it just the injuries or was that casual slap actually pretty hard?

"Getouttahere, both of ya." Question says to Argent and Grady. "Covering stuff up is what I do, after digging it out. I gotta figure out a more efficient method..."

I walk over and pick up Control Freak, my hand on his neck and lift him up into the air.

If I ever catch you doing anything to me or mine, they will find parts of your body in a thousand years mixed in concrete.

At this point, the poor kid just passes out. Sirens already ring out in the distance. It's time to skedaddle.

Just then, the lifeguard girl staggers up to the rest of them, her eyes more normal looking now. "Anyone see my phone? I wanna call in sick, for like, ever."

WTAVwYt.jpg

@Gands @york

It pays off. Sort of. Rayleen had a little to do with it, as suddenly 'Thorne' staggered back from a palm under his chin even before Grady grabbed her.

Then all Hell broke loose as April was suddenly there. The Ringmaster was on the ground, and April was on top of him, pounding the life out of him.

The rest of the illusions faded as the Question finally got there. "...should we... should we.. stop her? Man I need more cardio"

@Gands @york

"He did this to me! He made me see... so many awful things! He and that fat fuck. Controllin the machine tha' did this ta me he did." She gave Ringmaster one more good whallop, cracking his jaw, then she stood up.

"I'm a woman stuck in a doll's body. I can't even change my facial expression, Grady! God knows I've tried... I've tried..."

She sank to her knees now, sobbing, though her face remained unchanged. No tears fell. Nor could they. "April O'Rourke is dead. Doll. That's what I am now, and that's what I'll be called. Doll."

Not too far away, Control Freak, who had been hiding in the illusion of Big Patrick, was on his knees, cringing and hoping that Doll didn't unleash her anger on him next.

@york @Gands @ Ringmaster

~ FIN ~
Cue Epilogue of Mission

(Feel free to continue posting wrap up here of the mission, however)

Oh, Q, do yah need Cab Fair you and Argent ?
"I don't sleep anymore. I can try, though. I can pretend I need it. I don't have eyes to close. I don't see anymore Grady. I just know where people and things are. In my mind. But I don't see anything. Not like before."

"Yeah, I know. I spent some of my wasted youth being babysat by old Rosie. I don't normally do this but... thanks. Grady, was it? Rupert'll know about what you did for us today." She slapped him on the shoulder in companionship. Was it just the injuries or was that casual slap actually pretty hard?

"Getouttahere, both of ya." Question says to Argent and Grady. "Covering stuff up is what I do, after digging it out. I gotta figure out a more efficient method..."

At this point, the poor kid just passes out. Sirens already ring out in the distance. It's time to skedaddle.

Just then, the lifeguard girl staggers up to the rest of them, her eyes more normal looking now. "Anyone see my phone? I wanna call in sick, for like, ever."

WTAVwYt.jpg

@Gands @york
@Michale CS @Gands @Ringmaster

"..."

Well, this was an... Interesting development to say the least. Unfortunately the Sentinel wasn't completely sure what had happened, but it seemed that the fat guy, Control Freak, and... Some other guy, Ringmaster, had been behind all of this. Unfortunately, April appeared to be trapped in the body of a doll, but on the bright side, she was safe. Her mental state? Well, that was up for debate, but that would have to be worries for later.

"I'm good, I have my own ways of getting around." She said, looking towards Grady.

The Question's urge to get them out of here quickly reminded her that well... It would be in her best interests to, so, she nodded... Preparing to leave, but just before she did, the Lifeguard girl showed up one more time, asking for her phone, which the Sentinel had kept a hold of through the ordeal, somehow... She must have grabbed it during the ensuing chaos.

"Here, 12% batteries. Best make it count." She said, handing the phone over to the girl.

Then, unless she was stopped for whatever other reason, the Sentinel would head off as quick as she could, disappearing into the shadows of the night. Wherever she went, was a mystery for the time being... But sooner or later, she was bound to return... If another case like this were to pop up, as it looks like this one had for the most part, wrapped itself up.

Reactions: Michale CS
Status
Not open for further replies.