3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
Title: Monkey See, Monkey Do.
Power level: Enhanced to Global
Look/Feel: [Mastermind's Machievellian Plot ]

Mission Full

Los-Angeles-Skyline.jpg

Los Angeles. one of the Crown Jewels of the West coast, as coined by CatCo Worldwide Media, along with National City, San Diego, San Francisco, and Coast City.
Crime is no stranger to Los Angeles with one of the highest crime rates of cities in California. But, crime, after a fashion was somewhat predictable. People choose a life of crime, and recidivism in criminals is high.

What is strange is a rash of burglaries, armed robberies and other type of theft from people who had never committed crimes before. Even more strange - none of them remember committing these crimes, even under polygraph. They simply don't remember. Most of the thefts were from law abiding citizens who had never even had so much as a traffic ticket. Those who weren't caught during the act dumped their ill gotten gains somewhere that they cannot remember, even with trained psychologists aiding them.

This sounds like a job for...

You, maybe?​

Last edited:
"Alright, I can take the capacitor, I have been hit by Thor's best and my father's own bolt".

" Our best bet I the is Eisley behind the panel and Tepes on this side in case she needs help. Or you and I can switch Tepes, if you like electricity more than I do !".

I take off my nice blue silk shirt, then hand it to Morningstar.

"Morningstar, see if you can't get the last of these folks to safety".

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9 @york

• Thank You
Reactions: Michale CS
Lucifer took a deep breath, tapping a little into his other half's powers. He was going to need some extra charm for now. " Miss I do believe that the best course of action is to leave the room. We certainly can't have you examining if you are dead," he said, hoping that there was enough to convince her. He was also addressing that towards the It. He caught the shirt and muttered something under his breath.

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @york @Gands

Reactions: Gands
Lucifer took a deep breath, tapping a little into his other half's powers. He was going to need some extra charm for now. " Miss I do believe that the best course of action is to leave the room. We certainly can't have you examining if you are dead," he said, hoping that there was enough to convince her. He was also addressing that towards the It. He caught the shirt and muttered something under his breath.
"...and there." She stood up and nodded. "You know, you've got a really good voice. You should do voiceovers, or go into singing. Wait, you run a nightclub, right? That must be where you get it." While she didn't rush, she did head out of the room. It seemed his voice had some effect but it was really hard to tell what. The girl was so unflappable. Lucifer had seen angels with less composure.

Where was the IT guy? Heading for the LAPD van he showed up in, that's where.

The P.A. snapped on just then. "Oh, it appears you've triggered the bonus round. I've decided to be generous. I could have made this all go boom the moment this recorded announcement came on, but I do so love how heroes work so diligently under pressure. You have a minute, oh wait, have I been talking for fifteen seconds? Fourty five seconds, before we let the inside of this building meet the rest of the neighborhood, quite forcefully. Fourty seconds..."

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @york @Ringmaster

The P.A. snapped on just then. "Oh, it appears you've triggered the bonus round. I've decided to be generous. I could have made this all go boom the moment this recorded announcement came on, but I do so love how heroes work so diligently under pressure. You have a minute, oh wait, have I been talking for fifteen seconds? Fourty five seconds, before we let the inside of this building meet the rest of the neighborhood, quite forcefully. Fourty seconds..."
"IT'S THAT THAR PANSY AGAIN!"

*BANG-BANG!*

Shooting every loudspeaker as he went, he said to Liv brightly.

"Looks like folks inside are warned now."

One bright side at least.

@Michale CS @Gands @york

Reactions: Gands
"......"

Ah what the hell, ain't the first time he died. He leaped out the car and in rushing for the entrance, yelled at the two LAPD hanging by the door.

"EVACUATE THE BUILDING! FRAKING MOVE!"

And then he went to follow Liv.

@york @Gands @Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9
So, True Believers, our heroes rush the door, except for the Mighty Hercules, who approached at more of a saunter as he took up the reigns as mission leader as it were.

Thankfully the sight of a Greek God, two undead, a Samus Aran type and a random nightclub owner rushing the door didn't spook the police like it should have, mainly because the nightclub owner was a consultant for the LAPD,one of the undead was on the ECSI team and the Greek God was both SHIELD and Avengers. They went into action themselves, spreading out and working to get the rest of the people out of the building...

All save two. The IT Guy who was looking around at all the commotion in confusion, and...

'Bones' was kneeling in the electrical room staring at a small speck on the floor with an oversized head-mounted magnifier. "This is most certainly keratin, not bone... a chip from a very thick fingernail..."

"Bones! There's something a bit bigger we have to worry about in here. There's probably a bomb in the room!" Liv cried out.

"Then let the bomb squad handle it. Haven't they been called?" She was still utterly unruffled.

"Uh, sort of. We got these guys." As Tepes, Morningstar, Cloud and Hercules arrived.

"Good. I'm almost done here." Bones replied.

Meanwhile the IT Guy, whose name we find is Henry Jones - and he's tired of the Indiana jokes by the way - backs off when the group arrives. "This really can't have been rigged. You'd have to do that from the back for me not to have found it all and you'd have to have a forklift to move some of these racks- Oh. Right. Giant Gorilla. Okay... presuming it's not set to blow when you move stuff, the big rack on the left is the one that is hooked to the main capacitor. Presuming they didn't bring their own explosives and wanted it to look like an accident, you unhook that and it should depower it."

Henry shook his head. "Only problem with that is... if they've closed the loop in here that capacitor is hot and so are the contacts. It'd be like getting hit with a bolt of lightning to unhook them. So, you're going to want to squeeze someone back behind the racks, good luck there, to make sure there's no other explosives, then someone is going to have to take a massive shot of electricity to turn it off, because, well, if I were going to rig something like this, it'd be just as easy to set it to blow when power was fully up, or fully off and just use the massive capacitor to blow itself up."

"Uhh... can someone help me get Bones out of here? I don't want to drag her out though I could. Anyone with a bit of persuasive talents there... maybe?" Liv, being in ECSI knew in just what capacity Lucifer Morningstar served as a consultant and was looking straight at him.

@Ringmaster @york @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands
"Alright, I can take the capacitor, I have been hit by Thor's best and my father's own bolt".

" Our best bet I the is Eisley behind the panel and Tepes on this side in case she needs help. Or you and I can switch Tepes, if you like electricity more than I do !".

I take off my nice blue silk shirt, then hand it to Morningstar.

"Morningstar, see if you can't get the last of these folks to safety".

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9 @york

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @york @Gands
"...and there." She stood up and nodded. "You know, you've got a really good voice. You should do voiceovers, or go into singing. Wait, you run a nightclub, right? That must be where you get it." While she didn't rush, she did head out of the room. It seemed his voice had some effect but it was really hard to tell what. The girl was so unflappable. Lucifer had seen angels with less composure.

Where was the IT guy? Heading for the LAPD van he showed up in, that's where.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @york @Ringmaster
"IT'S THAT THAR PANSY AGAIN!"

*BANG-BANG!*

Shooting every loudspeaker as he went, he said to Liv brightly.

"Looks like folks inside are warned now."

One bright side at least.

@Michale CS @Gands @york
Eisley Cloud
@Michale CS @Gands @Ringmaster

Eisley glanced at Tepes for a moment, then at the shelves before she spoke.

"I'll check for other explosives. I got the speed. Hope you like electricity." She said quickly.

As much as she would like to work with that switch, she knew they were really strained on time, and the only way she could make sure that there weren't any other explosives they weren't aware of... Was to use the extra speed her suit granted her to search for any explosives that they may not know about.

With any luck, Tepes would fare just fine with that switch.

With any luck, Tepes would fare just fine with that switch.
giphy.gif

"WAIT, WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?!"

Shit! He stared helplessly at the buttons, groaned and pinched the bridge of his nose.

Finally choosing whatever she had been touching, he prepared to....What was he meant to do?

"HERC, IF I GET OUT OF THIS I AM BUYING AN EYE POD AND CATCHING UP!"

@Gands @york @Michale CS @You entrusted the Luddite Cowboy with technology. xD​

• Bucket of Rainbows
Well friends... this played out a lot like you might imagine.

• Cloud found a small satchel filled with some kind of liquid, but it wasn't attached to anything. It was supposed to light up after the electrical fire started, she supposed. No additional threat there.
  • Hercules got a heck of a shock when uncoupling the contacts of the capacitor. But, direct current. So he didn't go flying everywhere, he just stood there and insisted on sucking up all that juice himself. Suddenly he had a little more respect for Thor, as that was not anywhere near even his usual pain tolerance levels, but no permanent damage, just a lot of muscle cramps.
  • Tepes pulled the right switch at the right time, amazingly, and the whole place powered down, backup lights kicked on.
  • Morningstar managed to evacuate everyone just in case.
  • And over in the control room, Liv found the small MP3 player that had been hooked up to the PA system. "There's three tracks here and only one played. His recorded voice doesn't seem to do anything funky but maybe people with more resistance to psychic mumbo jumbo should be the ones listening, just in case?"
@york @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster

The Hulk: friends, enemies, history, views. I had spent many hours studying the thing that I had spent so many years avoiding. The Hulk matched the one on the photo Jasmine gave me. This Hulk was different and even stronger the the old Hulk, who looked liked a weightlifter in green stage makeup trying to portray the Hulk in comparison. This world's Hulk also had something that I never dreamed possible: friends, people loyal to him. People who even felt sorry that they had exiled him. It was not uncommon to find people on the internet that had more compassion for the Hulk than I ever did.

Hercules was right, which was further confirmed by internet pictures of a different Daredevil and Thor than I had known. It was not only I who had a doppleganger, but as for me I had changed worlds. I could find no information to tell me when it happened. At the coffee shop a few hours ago? In South America? When I died? My only clue being the picture that Jasmine had showed me matched the Hulk of this world. Whichever I was in I saw somebody from the old world and somebody from the new. The presence of information on this level meant I was here by intelligent design. Which carried the idea of purpose, though searches through the internet could not tell me the purpose.

Whatever happened, it also altered my password so I couldn't get into my finances. The intelligence was blocking me from going back to South America. So I ended up doing what I so often did- going door to door looking for a job until the company could resolve my problem- I only hoped that the intelligence did do me the favor of giving me my fake "David Bryson" identity" so that it could eventually be resolved

"Hello, My name is David Bixby. I am a stranger to you, but I need help. I'm accidentally stuck in Los Angeles and can't get my money to get home. I'd be happy to work for you." I said, going door to door.

Why did it have to be Los Angeles? Unemployment is a way of life here. I changed tactics and tried speaking to the people

"Hello, My name is David Bixby. I am a stranger to you, but I need help. I'm accidentally stuck in Los Angeles and can't get my money to get home. I'd be happy to work for you." I said, going person to person.

Still, nothing. That had happened before. Hungry, tired, and a little dirty I found a semi-hidden alley to try to get some sleep in.

Sirens, commotion, vehicles arriving and then gunshots nearby. It would not stop. Eventually, I chose to take a look at what was happening. It was the evacuation of a building. The sight of a Greek God, two undead, a Samus Aran type and a random nightclub owner.

Fate had always been a player in my life
Add to that the presence of some kind of intelligence
and I was about to do the exact opposite of what I had ever done before.

I approached the nightclub owner, the only one I felt confident enough to approach, and said

"Hello, My name is David Banner. I am my world's Hulk, and am willing to help. I believe I've been transported to this world for a purpose and don't really need to get home. Would you dare to let me work with you? "

"That was easy. We're extraditing you to Los Angeles. You're wanted for questioning there."

To his earpiece, he said "Identity confirmed sir. We'll rendezvous with the bus in 30 minutes. Recommend that we have Enhanced babysitting available."

Kid Flash just sat there grinning. "I'll hang out with you until someone else who is for sure keeping our wannabe action hero contained shows up."

@thatguyinthestore
Jason simply sighed and put his head down with a moan. "Does the kid have to stay with me?" Jason said in an annoyed tone.

Jason simply sighed and put his head down with a moan. "Does the kid have to stay with me?" Jason said in an annoyed tone.
"Aww. It usually takes a full hour for people to get that annoyed with me. But yep, all the way to LA! The slow way for me..."

"Aww. It usually takes a full hour for people to get that annoyed with me. But yep, all the way to LA! The slow way for me..."
Jason just sighed and closed his eyes. This was going to be a long trip.

(Time skip?)

Hercules dusted himself off, drew his hair back and tied it off. Then he put the headpiece back on and picked up his duffle bag..

Looks like we managed to avert disaster he thought to himself. " Nice work folks!".

"Eisley, please make sure the bomb squad gets back in here. I am going to get Morningstar and head over to that other lab".

He went outside to find Lucifer and found Banner talking with Morning star and went there was a break in the conversation...

"Dr. Banner !, Morningstar".

He looked at Banner for a long moment. Was he... Well ? Could he be trusted ?.
Hmmn, since things hadn't gone to hell yet, looking briefly back at Morningstar, let's take a chance.

"Dr. Banner, can you make heads or tails out of biochemistry ? I think we have a lab I would like you to look at !".

@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kingof192 @york @Ringmaster

• Thank You
Jason just sighed and closed his eyes. This was going to be a long trip.

(Time skip?)
(( You're a day ahead still. Once I jump to the next day with the rest of the group, I'll post at them to start the extradition ))

...the next day, at the improvised headquarters...

• Banner is there and has had a chance to check in detail both versions of the drink. Both are ripe for being secondary or tertiary parts of a greater formula, but only the formula from the vat seems to have the anti-mind-control property.
  • Lucifer Morningstar has had a chance to speak to Redfern again with using a bit of his charm, and has gotten a general area for where she was supposed to deliver the stolen goods to, near the Port of Los Angeles.
  • Lucifer Tepes found another ghost who confirmed the area and narrowed it down to a few block radius.
  • Eisley successfully navigated the bureaucracy of Lord Technologies to get a case of the drink overnight shipped to her and a list of schools across the nation they want her to appear at and distribute the drink as semi-secret trial sampling events.
  • Hercules got a SHIELD report that Jason Todd, the man who faked being the coroner, attempted to carjack one of the victims of the crimes in Little Rock Arkansas and was captured by Kid Flash and remanded to SHIELD custody. He is being extradited to LA and being placed in Hercules' custody specifically once he arrives.
"So folks... What's our next move?" Cardiff asks.

@Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kingof192 @york @Ringmaster

Hercules

"First, good job last night everyone!".

"We still need to check the other victims, the ones being turned into animals".

"I would think Dr. Banner and Morningstar would be best for that".

"Eisley, please take Tepes and search the dock areas for the area where the stolen goods were to be taken to. If you need a vehicle and or a driver, check with Agent Cardiff".

"As for me, I will wait here for captain fake Coroner. Cardiff, let's make sure we nail down his identity and put tracking devices on his person. Once he is here, he and I will see where everyone is at".

"Cardiff, has the DNA been completed by the Csi folks ?".

"I think that's it, have I forgotten anything ?

• Useful
"Mr Hercules, both samples are parts of a greater formula. That indicates some sort of targeting. I think a harmless um...reagant for lack of a better word would be a way to neutralize the drink before effects take hold."

• Thank You
Hercules

"First, good job last night everyone!".

"We still need to check the other victims, the ones being turned into animals".

"I would think Dr. Banner and Morningstar would be best for that".

"Eisley, please take Tepes and search the dock areas for the area where the stolen goods were to be taken to. If you need a vehicle and or a driver, check with Agent Cardiff".

"As for me, I will wait here for captain fake Coroner. Cardiff, let's make sure we nail down his identity and put tracking devices on his person. Once he is here, he and I will see where everyone is at".

"Cardiff, has the DNA been completed by the Csi folks ?".

"I think that's it, have I forgotten anything ?

"Miss Scuito is running them, and will send me the results... 'within one big gulp' in time? Sorry, she's... Odd. As far as Mr. Todd, he used the ID of a former sidekick of Batman. Deceased. But... He may be an Alternate Universe version, and giving his irrational behavior, that's a possibility. We're running an electronic trail on him but he's a decent hacker so that may take time."

@Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kingof192 @york @Ringmaster

Lucifer listened to the conversation silently making notes about things. " I agree with the others here. Mr. Banner, before we get going, do you have a mode of transportation or are we taking my corvette to talk to these victims?" He asked, looking over at the man.

@Ringmaster @Michale CS @Gands @Kingof192 @york

Status
Not open for further replies.