• So many newbies lately! Here is a very important PSA about one of our most vital content policies! Read it even if you are an ancient member!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michale CS

Ignorance of grammar is not an excuse.
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
Online Availability
Evenings, Pacific Time
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
Title: Monkey See, Monkey Do.
Power level: Enhanced to Global
Look/Feel: [Mastermind's Machievellian Plot ]

Mission Full

Los-Angeles-Skyline.jpg

Los Angeles. one of the Crown Jewels of the West coast, as coined by CatCo Worldwide Media, along with National City, San Diego, San Francisco, and Coast City.
Crime is no stranger to Los Angeles with one of the highest crime rates of cities in California. But, crime, after a fashion was somewhat predictable. People choose a life of crime, and recidivism in criminals is high.

What is strange is a rash of burglaries, armed robberies and other type of theft from people who had never committed crimes before. Even more strange - none of them remember committing these crimes, even under polygraph. They simply don't remember. Most of the thefts were from law abiding citizens who had never even had so much as a traffic ticket. Those who weren't caught during the act dumped their ill gotten gains somewhere that they cannot remember, even with trained psychologists aiding them.

This sounds like a job for...

You, maybe?​

Last edited:
Alright, besides him... now we have more victims.... busy being turned into monkeys ?

Cardiff, anything from the cameras in that area ?
"The red light cameras in the area haven't been on since 2010 when the local LEOs ruled them not sufficient evidence to go after traffic violators so all we have is the civilian camera a block or so away. Apparently that guy who tried to control Cloud had been there a few times over the past few days, and once there was an animal control truck he got out of parked there overnight a few days back. Over at the site of the murder, we have a few more cameras, but no one matching our Englishman's face showed up there. My best guess? The gorilla showed up to check the energy drink makers out, someone came across him and rather than mind control him, he has to kill him."

Cardiff paced a little. "If our school teacher had only one shot of the energy drink and could remember being taken as a dream, what happens if say, you work for the energy drink company and you slam one of those puppies every day to get through your overtime? I think our energy drink is an anti-mind-control potion, and our gorilla simply couldn't Jedi Mind Trick the guy so he had to kill him. If... and this is a big if... all of what I've guessed is about right so far, that means whomever is working on this drink is probably number one with a bullet on our trio of mind controllers' hit list."

"But hey, I could be wrong."

@Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Ringmaster

"Least we know who to shoot, come time for that."

He drawled quietly as he checked his ammo in his gun, spinning the chamber for the apparent fun of it as he leaned back in his seat. Boots propped on the table, Tepes added.

"So I got a drink sample from that place- Maybe y'all can analyze it and find out for sure?"

@Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Michale CS

Reactions: Michale CS
It wasn't long before everything was wrapped up, and their team, except for Jason, were all convened in the back room of Lux. It occurred to them that he had never given them a means of contacting him, so they had a potential loose cannon out there.

By the time they all got together, 11pm pacific time, one of their theories got shot down right away.

"The energy drink tie-in... doesn't our newest victim is the only one who had access to the drink. But... that brings up another interesting point. From what you said, she remembered more, even after being under long term control, than any of the others. If she was the only one that had the drink, it might have had... resistant effects. Which, could be a reverse tie in, in that, if this energy drink makes you more resistant to mind control, and you're a mind controlling kind of person... wouldn't you want to stop that from going into production right away? That's just my two cents. You guys can compare notes and try to figure the next moves."

At this time, Jason was snoozing away so he could get some rest before taking the red-eye flight to San Antonio. His subsequent adventure and capture by Kid Flash had yet to happen.

@york @Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands
So, does anyone know where captain disguise wandered off to ? Didn't he say something about checking with one of the hi jacking victims ?

Someone tell me that's not odd somehow ?

(( going to make a certain assumption here, that we' all already shared our stories, hopefully not a problem ))

Alright, besides him... now we have more victims.... busy being turned into monkeys ?

Cardiff, anything from the cameras in that area ?

@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @thatguyinthestore @Ringmaster
"The red light cameras in the area haven't been on since 2010 when the local LEOs ruled them not sufficient evidence to go after traffic violators so all we have is the civilian camera a block or so away. Apparently that guy who tried to control Cloud had been there a few times over the past few days, and once there was an animal control truck he got out of parked there overnight a few days back. Over at the site of the murder, we have a few more cameras, but no one matching our Englishman's face showed up there. My best guess? The gorilla showed up to check the energy drink makers out, someone came across him and rather than mind control him, he has to kill him."

Cardiff paced a little. "If our school teacher had only one shot of the energy drink and could remember being taken as a dream, what happens if say, you work for the energy drink company and you slam one of those puppies every day to get through your overtime? I think our energy drink is an anti-mind-control potion, and our gorilla simply couldn't Jedi Mind Trick the guy so he had to kill him. If... and this is a big if... all of what I've guessed is about right so far, that means whomever is working on this drink is probably number one with a bullet on our trio of mind controllers' hit list."

"But hey, I could be wrong."

@Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Ringmaster
"Least we know who to shoot, come time for that."

He drawled quietly as he checked his ammo in his gun, spinning the chamber for the apparent fun of it as he leaned back in his seat. Boots propped on the table, Tepes added.

"So I got a drink sample from that place- Maybe y'all can analyze it and find out for sure?"

@Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Michale CS
Eisley Cloud
@Michale CS @Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands

Hmm... An energy drink company that had unwittingly developed some sort of substance that could resist mind control, an intriguing theory, and one that seemed to hold the most ground. Since she was unsure exactly where to track her suspect now, she figured she would have to piece the rest together later. On the other hand, Tepes seemed to be onto something, with getting a drink sample from the place.

"I could get one, easy. Juuust need to stow this tech away." She said, gesturing to her suit.

The process wouldn't take long, but this was merely a suggestion, if they happened to have a few of those drinks in question in the first place, perhaps her whole plan didn't even need to happen, and if that were the case... She could instead focus her efforts on intercepting the suspects before they could eliminate those involved with the company behind those drinks. The last thing any of them would want was a way to fight that mind control, to be wiped out overnight, after all.

"First of all, state your name for the record."

After that, they went though a few basic questions about his whereabouts for the past few days, ending with...

"Were you at a crime scene in Hollywood, impersonating a coroner two days ago"

@thatguyinthestore
Jason sighed and gave the man his name. "Name's Jason Todd." Jason said, knowing that this Jason was already presumed dead as far as records could show him.

Jason nodded at his last question. "Yeah, I was there. And for good reason, too."

Jason sighed and gave the man his name. "Name's Jason Todd." Jason said, knowing that this Jason was already presumed dead as far as records could show him.

Jason nodded at his last question. "Yeah, I was there. And for good reason, too."

"That was easy. We're extraditing you to Los Angeles. You're wanted for questioning there."

To his earpiece, he said "Identity confirmed sir. We'll rendezvous with the bus in 30 minutes. Recommend that we have Enhanced babysitting available."

Kid Flash just sat there grinning. "I'll hang out with you until someone else who is for sure keeping our wannabe action hero contained shows up."

@thatguyinthestore

Lucifer paused, trying to figure out what else there was. It seemed they gathered that there were about three to four mind controllers, an energy drink that made you immune to mind control and that was it. It wasn't much to go on. What the hell could all of this mean? " But that still leaves the rather larger looming question, what do the mind controllers want and why steal all of this random stuff?" He asked,

@Michale CS @Gands @york @Ringmaster

Eisley Cloud
@Michale CS @Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands

Hmm... An energy drink company that had unwittingly developed some sort of substance that could resist mind control, an intriguing theory, and one that seemed to hold the most ground. Since she was unsure exactly where to track her suspect now, she figured she would have to piece the rest together later. On the other hand, Tepes seemed to be onto something, with getting a drink sample from the place.

"I could get one, easy. Juuust need to stow this tech away." She said, gesturing to her suit.

The process wouldn't take long, but this was merely a suggestion, if they happened to have a few of those drinks in question in the first place, perhaps her whole plan didn't even need to happen, and if that were the case... She could instead focus her efforts on intercepting the suspects before they could eliminate those involved with the company behind those drinks. The last thing any of them would want was a way to fight that mind control, to be wiped out overnight, after all.

"But, Tepes snaked one from the scene. You've got a sample. Of course that might not be the same formula as the finished product our school teacher drank, since he grabbed it from a testing facility... Maybe grabbing a 'production' version and comparing it to Tepes' version would help?" Cardiff replied.

@york

So Eisley, does that suit of yours do chemical comparisons ?

This is my thought. We need someone with a little Mojo to go and have a discussion with the two lab techs.

Someone else can do a little more looking at the factory. Question is, who wants to go where ?

@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Ringmaster

Lucifer looked around and over at Hercules. " I guess that is my terrority. I am sure that they won't be able to resist my charm," he said with a chuckle. He paused and looked at his phone. Of course, someone wanted to get a job now. Curse their timing.

@Michale CS @york @Ringmaster ( At helping to transit @Kingof192 in)

Lucifer paused, trying to figure out what else there was. It seemed they gathered that there were about three to four mind controllers, an energy drink that made you immune to mind control and that was it. It wasn't much to go on. What the hell could all of this mean? " But that still leaves the rather larger looming question, what do the mind controllers want and why steal all of this random stuff?" He asked,

@Michale CS @Gands @york @Ringmaster
"But, Tepes snaked one from the scene. You've got a sample. Of course that might not be the same formula as the finished product our school teacher drank, since he grabbed it from a testing facility... Maybe grabbing a 'production' version and comparing it to Tepes' version would help?" Cardiff replied.

@york
So Eisley, does that suit of yours do chemical comparisons ?

This is my thought. We need someone with a little Mojo to go and have a discussion with the two lab techs.

Someone else can do a little more looking at the factory. Question is, who wants to go where ?

@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Ringmaster
Lucifer looked around and over at Hercules. " I guess that is my terrority. I am sure that they won't be able to resist my charm," he said with a chuckle. He paused and looked at his phone. Of course, someone wanted to get a job now. Curse their timing.

@Michale CS @york @Ringmaster ( At helping to transit @Kingof192 in)
Eisley Cloud
@Michale CS @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9@Ringmaster

"Hmm... This'll have to do for now then..." Eisley said.

In her haste, she nearly forgot about the sample she had from that place, even in that suit, she was unfortunately still only human, perhaps she oughta do a little tweaking later. For the moment, she tried to analyze the chemical compounds within the drink she had, using her suit's ocular scanner. Hopefully there weren't any crazy concoctions in an energy drink, but who knows, given the competetiveness, even if this wasn't really the future yet.

She would have to see about acquiring a more recent sample though, at least for comparison. It was likely that she'd have to stow her suit for the occasion, and cross her fingers that company wouldn't be accosted just yet while she was trying to make off with a drink, though it did mean she'd probably have to promote the thing later, in some sorta silly commercial. Oh well, what was so wrong with promoting a drink that apparently had some lesser known perks?

Tepes meanwhile, was doing something else entirely. Down in the morgue where the body of the victim was placed, he stared at the face and quietly, began to chant. At the end of it, he finally spoke.

"Up and at em, you old ghost. Once I call you, twice I bind you, thrice you answer to my will. Three times and is done. I've questions that need answering. And in return, I offer vengeance and absolution. Can't ask for fairer."

@Michale CS @Tepes ditching yo, for ghosts.​

Tepes meanwhile, was doing something else entirely. Down in the morgue where the body of the victim was placed, he stared at the face and quietly, began to chant. At the end of it, he finally spoke.

"Up and at em, you old ghost. Once I call you, twice I bind you, thrice you answer to my will. Three times and is done. I've questions that need answering. And in return, I offer vengeance and absolution. Can't ask for fairer."
The first thing that he got from the ghost was a scream. A nice long one. Lot of feeling. Kinda happens when the last thing you really remember is having your chest then your skull caved in by a giant gorilla. Once that was done, he seemed to focus.

"Ask your questions." The apparition said, all trace of emotion faded from his face.

@Ringmaster

The first thing that he got from the ghost was a scream. A nice long one. Lot of feeling. Kinda happens when the last thing you really remember is having your chest then your skull caved in by a giant gorilla. Once that was done, he seemed to focus.

"Ask your questions." The apparition said, all trace of emotion faded from his face.

@Ringmaster
Not the worst he'd seen in his time. He waited patiently before he spoke.

"So what was your job in life?"

@Michale CS

In her haste, she nearly forgot about the sample she had from that place, even in that suit, she was unfortunately still only human, perhaps she oughta do a little tweaking later. For the moment, she tried to analyze the chemical compounds within the drink she had, using her suit's ocular scanner. Hopefully there weren't any crazy concoctions in an energy drink, but who knows, given the competetiveness, even if this wasn't r eally the future yet.
When she compared the one Tepes had left behind, the one marked XMXZ-42 with the sample she had from what was in the vat, they were definitely different. the 42 sample seemed to be far more complex molecularly than the stuff that was being mass produced in the vat. Maybe the smaller sample was the prototype? It appeared that the base of the mixture was nearly the same with a lot of various chemicals that weren't in the mass sample that were in the 42 sample. As if they... simplified their mixture... or, if the 42 sample happened after the mass produced one - which was less likely, why make more prototypes after you start a massive production? - they were getting more complex.

When Eisley remembered her middle-school chemistry - future schools were great that way - she realized that both of these definitely seemed like they were made to be very reactive to other chemicals. Both were designed to be part of a two or three part formula.

Really, if she wanted to run down this lead any more she'd have to reach out to the company who was producing this - Lord Technologies. Thing was, they were headquartered in National City California, so she'd probably have to make a phone call or something rather than travel across the country in pursuit of what may or may not be a lead.

@york

Damn, I hope Tepes knows about phones.

Come on Morningstar, lets go talk to some techs.

Cardiff, try to find Tepes please, get him some sort of communications device, like a couple of cans and some damned string !

Morningstar, tell me I don't have to let you drive again !

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9 @york

Reactions: Michale CS
Not the worst he'd seen in his time. He waited patiently before he spoke.

"So what was your job in life?"

@Michale CS
"Electrician for Lord Technologies." He replied.

Then, behind Tepes, he sensed another undead approaching. But not one of a type he'd ever sensed before. The fact that she'd been able to get that close before being noticed was a little unsettling as well.

"That's a new approach. Wish it were that easy for me. Olivia Moore. Part of the new Enhanced CSI team. You're one of the consultants Maza mentioned, right? Oh! Yeah I guess you're still talking to a dead guy. I'll wait." She made a zipping motion across her lips and stopped talking then.

@Ringmaster

"That's a new approach. Wish it were that easy for me. Olivia Moore. Part of the new Enhanced CSI team. You're one of the consultants Maza mentioned, right? Oh! Yeah I guess you're still talking to a dead guy. I'll wait." She made a zipping motion across her lips and stopped talking then.
"Hell are you supposed to be?"

He said flatly, eyeing her over as he added.

"Can't hear no heartbeat, can't hear no blood. Just...Ah." He blinked and looked briefly apologetic.

"Sorry ma'am. Them Jamaicans and Tahitians got all kinds o' wrong with their magic. Now if you'll excuse me, gotta raise some Hell with this here ghost."

He turned back and his scowl returned beneath his collar as Baskerville spin hand over hand in habit.

"The hell is Lord Technologies? And what was the last thing you were doing?"

He paused in thought and amended.

"Besides dying."

@Michale CS

Cardiff, try to find Tepes please, get him some sort of communications device, like a couple of cans and some damned string !
"It's fine. I bugged him on the way in with a GPS tracker attached to a hip flask I gave him. Shoulda thought about that with our fake coroner. He's still not responding to my texts. Well, he knows to be at our 'new' HQ tomorrow at 2pm so we can touch base with him then."

@Gands

"Sorry ma'am. Them Jamaicans and Tahitians got all kinds o' wrong with their magic. Now if you'll excuse me, gotta raise some Hell with this here ghost."
"The hell is Lord Technologies? And what was the last thing you were doing?"

He paused in thought and amended.

"Besides dying."

"Actually, it's American, and caused by another reality's version of Lord Technologies, so if he's not forthcoming I certainly can be. Sorry, shutting up. Again." Liv rattled on, then cleared her throat nervously.

"Lord Technolgies is the company I worked for. Investigating a glitch with the door locks. We had traced it to power surges in the electrical room. No one is supposed to be in there. Was just going to test some circuits and swap out bad parts. Then I died." The apparition replied.

@Ringmaster

"Actually, it's American, and caused by another reality's version of Lord Technologies, so if he's not forthcoming I certainly can be. Sorry, shutting up. Again." Liv rattled on, then cleared her throat nervously.

"Lord Technolgies is the company I worked for. Investigating a glitch with the door locks. We had traced it to power surges in the electrical room. No one is supposed to be in there. Was just going to test some circuits and swap out bad parts. Then I died." The apparition replied.

@Ringmaster
"If a body had a mind to mess up in that room, what kinda chaos would he or she be capable of?"

He asked curiously before adding.

"Also, if its so important, why ain't no cameras around?"

@Michale CS

Status
Not open for further replies.