3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
Title: Monkey See, Monkey Do.
Power level: Enhanced to Global
Look/Feel: [Mastermind's Machievellian Plot ]

Mission Full

Los-Angeles-Skyline.jpg

Los Angeles. one of the Crown Jewels of the West coast, as coined by CatCo Worldwide Media, along with National City, San Diego, San Francisco, and Coast City.
Crime is no stranger to Los Angeles with one of the highest crime rates of cities in California. But, crime, after a fashion was somewhat predictable. People choose a life of crime, and recidivism in criminals is high.

What is strange is a rash of burglaries, armed robberies and other type of theft from people who had never committed crimes before. Even more strange - none of them remember committing these crimes, even under polygraph. They simply don't remember. Most of the thefts were from law abiding citizens who had never even had so much as a traffic ticket. Those who weren't caught during the act dumped their ill gotten gains somewhere that they cannot remember, even with trained psychologists aiding them.

This sounds like a job for...

You, maybe?​

Last edited:
"So now he wants a lawyer. Okay. I'll go tell the SHIELD guys." In a rush of air, he was alone in the room, the door slamming shut and the window darkening so he couldn't see out.

...twenty min"utes later...

A speaker crackles then kicks in, and a female voice comes over it.

"See... we're having a little problem here. Miranda rights are for US Citizens, and more importantly, alive ones. The name you've given us is false, and we have no way of verifying your citizenship. That means we get to fall back on the Patriot Act. So, give us anything we can verify, a social security number that checks out would be nice, and we'll go forward with the treatment a US citizen would get. Until then... well, you're about as eligible for a lawyer of a phone call as an ISIS member. Good night. We'll let you think this over until the morning, and see if you're more cooperative."

Then the lights go out.

@thatguyinthestore
"The hell you can't just-" But it was too late, and the lights were out. "Great, just great. The only thing that can get me out of this hellhole is a god or some sort of miracle child."

Is this still a day ahead?]

"The hell you can't just-" But it was too late, and the lights were out. "Great, just great. The only thing that can get me out of this hellhole is a god or some sort of miracle child."

Is this still a day ahead?]
[[ Naw you're just three hours ahead now - Take a look at my post in NYC with Lex to find out what's up ]]

As soon as dude had his signature, he was walking away and pulling up his Uber app... then she caught a whiff of a really... really... good smell.

"Ah, my dear. You're going to drive this truck right into the ocean for me." And damnit, not again! Cept this time it wasn't the English dude or a giant gorilla... No, she had to become Faye Wray to this ugly sucker... She wasn't fully under his control yet but somehow this guy was soo sexy, she just had to impress him. It was that awesome cologne...

[[ OOC - Cloud has enough presence of mind left to realize if she blocks the smell somehow she'll probably be okay, but don't worry you have a hole card, or hole Rat nearby as it were, in Tepes ]]

@york @Ringmaster
If there was anything that Tepes was thinking, it was a single phrase.

Finally.

Shifting back quietly, he stepped out of the shadows and with the ease of a man who shot fast for a living, fired off two shots. The necromatic bullets of Baskerville perhaps the best weapon for a case like this as he aimed for the center of mass, around the chest or arms. He wasn't particular.

All he knew was that he had been led on a very, merry chase and now that he had a figure to work off some frustration, he was damn near gonna take it.

"Y'ain't her type."

@Michale CS @york
The Mandrill was fast too - but not quite fast enough as he was grazed in the arm and hit in the shoulder before he managed to snake one arm around Cloud, his hand on her neck. "Try that again and I'll throw you her head." Though the words didn't quite seem to have enough weight, considering he was gasping and it sounded like the words of a drunk that was trying to insist that he was fine. Baskerville had done its work, but hadn't finished the job.

[[ OOC - pausing it here to allow for @york to respond and hopefully get @Gands to move with Hercules toward the big rubber ducky ]]
Eisley Cloud
@Ringmaster @Michale CS

That smell, as much as it messed with Eisley's mind, that little shred of reasoning she had left in her instinctively caused her to pull out her handkerchief in an attempt to protect herself from that smell. It was cologne, strong cologne, and it smelt good, too good... Even as she did get an arm around her neck after Lucifer's intervention, she realized that the creature had been hit by some sort of narcotic.

Hmm... Well, this would have been alot easier with her suit on, but considering her assailant's slightly drugged state... She might just be able to do something. With carefull precision, she carefully jabbed out with her free arm, attempting to drive her elbow right into her assailant's lower-gut. Even if she wasn't able to directly hit the "sweet spot", she was hoping the hit was enough for her to pry herself free from the creature's grip. On the other hand, she was keeping her handkerchief over her face, not risking inhaling the smells of that thing's cologne again.​

Hmm... Well, this would have been alot easier with her suit on, but considering her assailant's slightly drugged state... She might just be able to do something. With carefull precision, she carefully jabbed out with her free arm, attempting to drive her elbow right into her assailant's lower-gut. Even if she wasn't able to directly hit the "sweet spot", she was hoping the hit was enough for her to pry herself free from the creature's grip. On the other hand, she was keeping her handkerchief over her face, not risking inhaling the smells of that thing's cologne again.​
Normally, that would have worked about as well as trying to elbow a forklift. Right now, however, thanks to Baskerville, It sent him staggering. "What... kind of bullet..." Thump. Mandrill fell over, unconscious.

"Seriously? That's it? They spent 19 pages finding these guys and a couple of bullets and a chick with self defense training takes him out? I hope the other two aren't such pushovers."

Well... that was anticlimactic.

@Ringmaster @york

Normally, that would have worked about as well as trying to elbow a forklift. Right now, however, thanks to Baskerville, It sent him staggering. "What... kind of bullet..." Thump. Mandrill fell over, unconscious.
"The best kind."

Tepes drawled, spinning the chamber after a reload.

And without a second thought, he pointed the gun at Mandrill's head and put two bullets through the eye.

@Michale CS @york

Hercules

I shake the damned communicator, curse under my breath and stick it in my pocket. I hope it's waterproof for all the good it does me.

{ to the duck } " I am going to try and get those tanks out of the water, wish me luck "

I take off my shirt and my boots and dive in. My goal it to get to the Giant Duck and get those tanks out of the water.

@ michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster @york @Kingof192

"Dr Banner, I've not yet finished my investigation of the giant Duck yet, but we've discovered something...
Large tanks under the duck.... Can you think of any reason why they might store some sort of chemical, to react with the energy drink in the ocean ? Cardiff, you can check with captain fake coroner too if you have access to him, show him the chemical formula if you think he can comprehend. Let me know right away if anyone comes up with anything. Hercules out..."
"Captain Fake Coroner has just been transferred out of SHIELD care - Homeland Security is sending him to GitMo. Sorry, boss, he's gone."

@Gands

Hercules

I shake the damned communicator, curse under my breath and stick it in my pocket. I hope it's waterproof for all the good it does me.

{ to the duck } " I am going to try and get those tanks out of the water, wish me luck "

I take off my shirt and my boots and dive in. My goal it to get to the Giant Duck and get those tanks out of the water.
When Hercules gets to the big duck, he realizes the big tanks are unmarked, but ringed with some sort of clay in spots. When very close to the duck, he can see through its translucent exterior to see some sort of machinery. After a little visualization, it looks like this is rigged to blow up, and distribute whatever is in this tanks high into the air.

@Gands

A call from Hercules broke my momentary reverie with something more invasive than he intended.

"There are many options. It may be to hide, it may be because the chemical is only safe underwater, or may that under the water keeps it cold."

I stop: chemicals A has chemical B added to it, and a sort of parasitic money is born. Chemical B is kept at a certain temperature...."

I sit down, wanting to retch and not feeling very comfortable with telling a Greek god the possibility that just entered my mind.

"Hercules, if those containers feel light for their size they may be dangerous to move. If they are cold and heavy for their size, you need to very discreet about them. If it may contain genetic material used in reproductive functions.

I breathe out, trying to calm myself as I hope the big guy understands what I'm not quite saying.

Hercules

" I hope this damned communicator works while wet "

I get it out having it connect to all local personnel.

"This is Hercules, I repeat, this is Hercules. I am at the inflatable at the harbor. I believe it's rigged to explode and distribute some sort of gas into the atmosphere. This is an all hands emergency, I repeat, this is an all hands emergency. Sending coordinates NOW.... Hercules out.."

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @york @Kingof192 @LuckycoolHawk9

Hercules

To Banner & Cardiff via communicator

" They are cold and heavy for their size, likely a desire by someone to turn this part of town into Monkey Paradise "

@Kingof192 @Michale CS

Hercules

"This is Hercules, I repeat, this is Hercules. I am at the inflatable at the harbor. I believe it's rigged to explode and distribute some sort of gas into the atmosphere. This is an all hands emergency, I repeat, this is an all hands emergency. Sending coordinates NOW.... Hercules out.."
"Well."

Replacing Baskerville into his holster, he went about the usual ritual of raising Mandrill's ghost to his side and binding it to his will. A bit more power than he usually did at this point. He wanted this ghost under his power for reasons and once he was sure, he grinned beneath the collar.

"Howdy monkey. Now I just got this here message about a big ol' boom. How do I stop it?"

@Michale CS @york @Gands

"Seriously? That's it? They spent 19 pages finding these guys and a couple of bullets and a chick with self defense training takes him out? I hope the other two aren't such pushovers."

Well... that was anticlimactic.

@Ringmaster @york
"The best kind."

Tepes drawled, spinning the chamber after a reload.

And without a second thought, he pointed the gun at Mandrill's head and put two bullets through the eye.

@Michale CS @york
Hercules

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @york @Kingof192 @LuckycoolHawk9
"Well."

Replacing Baskerville into his holster, he went about the usual ritual of raising Mandrill's ghost to his side and binding it to his will. A bit more power than he usually did at this point. He wanted this ghost under his power for reasons and once he was sure, he grinned beneath the collar.

"Howdy monkey. Now I just got this here message about a big ol' boom. How do I stop it?"

@Michale CS @york @Gands
Eisley Cloud
@Michale CS @Ringmaster @Gands

Well holy shit, Tepes straight up killed him. On the other hand, Eisley had recovered from the cologne's effects, but well, she was just in time to witness Tepes raise Mandril's ghost to his side, causing her to rub her eyes a few times. Perhaps that cologne was still messing with her?

In either case, she would have to leave that to worry about for later, as apparently there was a bomb rigged to explode, she palmed her suitcase, frowning a little.

"If I have to go in... Remember... Monkey pushed me in the water." She whispered to Tepes.

It was pretty clear what she meant to do to excuse her sudden absense at the site for whatever reason, if things got that desperate.​

Last edited:

"That was Grodd's project. Not mine. Mine never got finished. Though, I was forced to work on parts of it. It's C4 with primacord underneath and I think he had some liquid secondary explosions to disperse the mutagen. It wasn't on a timer. Remote detonator of some kind. Knowing Grodd he'd have something rigged if you tried disarming it locally though. Only reason he'd need the primacord. You'd just have to find where the failsafe was to disarm it. If it were me I'd put it inside the thing. The air inside the duck is lethal. Heavy Co2 and cyanide gas, which will burn off when the explosion goes off so you don't have a bunch of dead monkeys lying around instead of live ones."

@york @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kingof192 @Ringmaster

Let's be very discreet about this. The news of this incident alone would wreak financial and social havok on the population.

One of the other ECSI team members... kind of skipped? Over to Lucifer. "Hey, aren't you that guy who owns that fancy nightclub in NoHo? Think I could drop by and you could show me the VIP treatment one night?" She asked, then stuck her hand out.

"Sorry, didn't introduce myself. Abby. Abby Scuito. ECSI. See? Says right here on the badge." Abby actually showed the badge to him.
Lucifer noticed that someone was kind of skipping over to him. He cocked his head, not certain what to make of that and he looked at her. " Sorry, the VIP treatment is pricy and I don't believe in discounts," he said, giving his best answer to her question.

Lucifer looked at her badge and did indeed say Abby. " Well, is that all?" He asked, clearly still bored and annoyed. Why was he missing all the action? He finally got his answer when Hercules gave the call. " I got to go, nice to meet you," he said, leaving and heading for the docks.

@Michale CS @everyone

Last edited:

Howard and Hercules manage to hook up that duckie to the winch on Howard's Folly, and get it towed out to sea somewhat so that if it did explode, hopefully it wouldn't cover nearly as many people with it's potential monkey-fying gas, and hopefully get out of range of whatever receiver was on it to trigger it remotely. No one questioned them towing the duck away, not when they saw the captain of the yacht at least.

By then, the rest of the team had arrived on scene on the deck of the Folly, with a speedboat that Morningstar had 'borrowed' bobbing next to it. They had to figure out how to disable the failsafe, or something. Eventually this thing was going to blow if not disarmed. A SHIELD ops team had arrived, including one Agent Cardiff, on a small gunboat not 20 yards distant from the Folly.

"I'm sorry it has to end like this sir. Grodd's given me no choice. I'd take out the cabin first if I were you. It was a pleasure serving with you." Tears streamed down her cheeks as she managed to half whisper-half grunt out into the communicator. On a signal from her, she and her team take up firing positions on Howard's Folly.

Last edited:
Howard and Hercules manage to hook up that duckie to the winch on Howard's Folly, and get it towed out to sea somewhat so that if it did explode, hopefully it wouldn't cover nearly as many people with it's potential monkey-fying gas, and hopefully get out of range of whatever receiver was on it to trigger it remotely. No one questioned them towing the duck away, not when they saw the captain of the yacht at least.

By then, the rest of the team had arrived on scene on the deck of the Folly, with a speedboat that Morningstar had 'borrowed' bobbing next to it. They had to figure out how to disable the failsafe, or something. Eventually this thing was going to blow if not disarmed. A SHIELD ops team had arrived, including one Agent Cardiff, on a small gunboat not 20 yards distant from the Folly.

"I'm sorry it has to end like this sir. Grodd's given me no choice. I'd take out the cabin first if I were you. It was a pleasure serving with you." Tears streamed down her cheeks as she managed to half whisper-half grunt out into the communicator. On a signal from her, she and her team take up firing positions on Howard's Folly.
Lucifer was happy that there was finally some action and he arrived on the boat wondering what had caused the failsafe to activated and how to disable it. There was no way around it and he paused, when he saw the gun boat and noticed it was shooting the duck.

" Well, I think we know that something has happened to our friends at SHIELD. I imagine that it is Grodd. We need to make sure the duck doesn't explode and also not die," he said, slightly caring for all the people here. He paused, deciding to try something. " You don't need to shoot at us, we're your friends. You are stronger than this, don't shoot, lower your weapons and let us disable this," he said, hoping that this worked.

@Ringmaster @Gands @york @Kingof192 @Michale CS

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Michale CS
"That was Grodd's project. Not mine. Mine never got finished. Though, I was forced to work on parts of it. It's C4 with primacord underneath and I think he had some liquid secondary explosions to disperse the mutagen. It wasn't on a timer. Remote detonator of some kind. Knowing Grodd he'd have something rigged if you tried disarming it locally though. Only reason he'd need the primacord. You'd just have to find where the failsafe was to disarm it. If it were me I'd put it inside the thing. The air inside the duck is lethal. Heavy Co2 and cyanide gas, which will burn off when the explosion goes off so you don't have a bunch of dead monkeys lying around instead of live ones."

@york @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kingof192 @Ringmaster

Lucifer was happy that there was finally some action and he arrived on the boat wondering what had caused the failsafe to activated and how to disable it. There was no way around it and he paused, when he saw the gun boat and noticed it was shooting the duck.

" Well, I think we know that something has happened to our friends at SHIELD. I imagine that it is Grodd. We need to make sure the duck doesn't explode and also not die," he said, slightly caring for all the people here. He paused, deciding to try something. " You don't need to shoot at us, we're your friends. You are stronger than this, don't shoot, lower your weapons and let us disable this," he said, hoping that this worked.

@Ringmaster @Gands @york @Kingof192 @Michale CS
Eisley Cloud
@Ringmaster @Kingof192 @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @Michale CS

Eisley was on deck, but she realized she'd have to think of an ideal solution before she moved into do anything. However, for now, she decided to move as close as she safely could to the rubber ducky. Then, she began to think.

Let's see... From what she could remember that money saying, the failsafe was inside the duck, which was the thing that they had to worry about disarming. Hmm, so in order to get inside that ducky, they'd have to puncture the casing, which would release toxic fumes from within, but perhaps if someone could disarm the failsafe fast enough... Then burn up those gasses while legging it with the disarmed failsafe, there was a slim chance of this working.

In either case, she realized she'd have to talk Cardiff down from blowing them out of the water first before she could do anything more.

So, as she began to use her scanners in an effort to locate the rubber duckie's failsafe, she decided to speak up too.

"Hang on a minute! At least give us a little time to try and diffuse this sucker! Between my tech, and the hands on deck... It might just work!" She said.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Hercules

Grinning, I yell out to the shield agents and Cardiff. " Cardiff, your resignation is not accepted. Welcome back to the game folks ! Morningstar, I don't think whatever gas is in this ridiculous damned thing is going to harm you and as long as I hold my breath, me either. Eisely, you have the best shot at defusing this thing, Banner, I have a camera set up for my headband, Cardiff can set up a remote pick up so you can watch and maybe help. Tepes, keep an eye out for interference. "

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Kingof192

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.