3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
Title: Monkey See, Monkey Do.
Power level: Enhanced to Global
Look/Feel: [Mastermind's Machievellian Plot ]

Mission Full

Los-Angeles-Skyline.jpg

Los Angeles. one of the Crown Jewels of the West coast, as coined by CatCo Worldwide Media, along with National City, San Diego, San Francisco, and Coast City.
Crime is no stranger to Los Angeles with one of the highest crime rates of cities in California. But, crime, after a fashion was somewhat predictable. People choose a life of crime, and recidivism in criminals is high.

What is strange is a rash of burglaries, armed robberies and other type of theft from people who had never committed crimes before. Even more strange - none of them remember committing these crimes, even under polygraph. They simply don't remember. Most of the thefts were from law abiding citizens who had never even had so much as a traffic ticket. Those who weren't caught during the act dumped their ill gotten gains somewhere that they cannot remember, even with trained psychologists aiding them.

This sounds like a job for...

You, maybe?​

Last edited:
"If a body had a mind to mess up in that room, what kinda chaos would he or she be capable of?"

He asked curiously before adding.

"Also, if its so important, why ain't no cameras around?"
"Nothing more than shut down the facility, maybe cause a fire." He responded, floating in an annoyed fashion if that could be done.
"There were. But when the new project was slated here, I was given a job to take them all out. Protecting proprietary secrets, they said. Paranoia I call it."

"That checks out. When we went over the whole place, we found spots where cameras should have been but they'd all been yanked out. We're still doing forensic analysis but we're thinking it was over a month ago because if it was recent, there'd be a lot less dust in and around the holes where the cameras were mounted. Sorry. I just... kinda do this. It's... something I ate." Liv chimed in.
@Ringmaster

When she compared the one Tepes had left behind, the one marked XMXZ-42 with the sample she had from what was in the vat, they were definitely different. the 42 sample seemed to be far more complex molecularly than the stuff that was being mass produced in the vat. Maybe the smaller sample was the prototype? It appeared that the base of the mixture was nearly the same with a lot of various chemicals that weren't in the mass sample that were in the 42 sample. As if they... simplified their mixture... or, if the 42 sample happened after the mass produced one - which was less likely, why make more prototypes after you start a massive production? - they were getting more complex.

When Eisley remembered her middle-school chemistry - future schools were great that way - she realized that both of these definitely seemed like they were made to be very reactive to other chemicals. Both were designed to be part of a two or three part formula.

Really, if she wanted to run down this lead any more she'd have to reach out to the company who was producing this - Lord Technologies. Thing was, they were headquartered in National City California, so she'd probably have to make a phone call or something rather than travel across the country in pursuit of what may or may not be a lead.

@york
Eisley Cloud
@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands @Others?

Eisley frowned for a moment, before she spoke.

"Looks like the one Tepes brought over's more complex than the stuff in the vat." She said simply.

It was probably for the best to spare the rest of the group the rest of the details... As much as she would love to ramble on, she was sure it would be a boring lecture for the rest of the group, really. So instead, she carefully put down the sample, before continuing to speak, rubbing her chin a little.

"If you'll excuse me... I have to make a call." She added.

Welp, her suit had a built in phone of sorts, futuretech no doubt, but it was compatable with modern technology, as long as she kept it linked to her phone's SIM card. After all, the companies that hosted such services simply weren't even founded yet not here. With that, after a brief search for the Lord Technologies Company phone number, she decided to give them a call. With any luck, she'd get an answer; being a minor model like her, perhaps she might just be able to get some information out of them, under the guise that it was for some ad for the company she wanted to put up.​

• Thank You
Reactions: Michale CS
"Nothing more than shut down the facility, maybe cause a fire." He responded, floating in an annoyed fashion if that could be done.
"There were. But when the new project was slated here, I was given a job to take them all out. Protecting proprietary secrets, they said. Paranoia I call it."

"That checks out. When we went over the whole place, we found spots where cameras should have been but they'd all been yanked out. We're still doing forensic analysis but we're thinking it was over a month ago because if it was recent, there'd be a lot less dust in and around the holes where the cameras were mounted. Sorry. I just... kinda do this. It's... something I ate." Liv chimed in.
"So no things to spot em, your killer we already know and no real motivation behind a quiet spot to kill you."

God, he was so bored. He took the flask given earlier and downed a shot. Maybe it'd drown out the lack of action here.

Nope, still in focus. He made a face behind his collar and rolled his eyes.

Maybe it was the lack of sleep, or being the product of his time. Back in the day, people didn't run- Not at first. They had the decency to stand and fight. All this shitty running and cleaning up after their mess was tempting him to just visit the local graveyard and get the ghosts hunting, like the old days. But noooo, now people got their panties in a twist if you desecrated the local graveyards.

They were dead, not like they weren't going to enjoy a time to get out and have fun.

He tapped his fingers, counted the ceiling tiles to relax a bit before asking.

"Door glitches you said....Which doors?"

@Michale CS

He tapped his fingers, counted the ceiling tiles to relax a bit before asking.

"Door glitches you said....Which doors?"
"The one to the electrical room and the service entrance. They kept locking and not responding to the key cards. We had to keep resetting the codes. It was like someone was changing them overnight but we have alarms, so even if the door opened, if it was after hours the alarm should have sounded." The ghost replied.

"Sorry to keep butting in but... relevant information? The alarm was looped back to itself. No clue as to how long, but you could kick one of these doors down and it wouldn't go off. Seems like an inside job... and kind of too delicate wiring work for an 800 pound gorilla..." Liv made a little bit of a face and shrugged lightly. "We're running a list of employees to see if we have anything else we can dig up as far as suspects."

@Ringmaster

"The one to the electrical room and the service entrance. They kept locking and not responding to the key cards. We had to keep resetting the codes. It was like someone was changing them overnight but we have alarms, so even if the door opened, if it was after hours the alarm should have sounded." The ghost replied.

"Sorry to keep butting in but... relevant information? The alarm was looped back to itself. No clue as to how long, but you could kick one of these doors down and it wouldn't go off. Seems like an inside job... and kind of too delicate wiring work for an 800 pound gorilla..." Liv made a little bit of a face and shrugged lightly. "We're running a list of employees to see if we have anything else we can dig up as far as suspects."

@Ringmaster
"I doubt y'ain't gonna find anythin' there."

Was his reply as he finally directed a reply back to Oliva as he added.

"'Afore I came back, there was a man with a voice like a whore's kiss. Managed to put the whammy on the lady I was working with. If it works on anyone, then could be anyone. What I wanna know is why though...Besides that weird juice, the hell is worth all that trouble, to kill for just to keep a handy exit open?"

He spun Baskerville in hand over hand again in thought.

@Michale CS

"'Afore I came back, there was a man with a voice like a whore's kiss. Managed to put the whammy on the lady I was working with. If it works on anyone, then could be anyone. What I wanna know is why though...Besides that weird juice, the hell is worth all that trouble, to kill for just to keep a handy exit open?"
"That weird juice, as you put it, when mixed with a designer drug in the reality that I... got morphed into the version of me of? Swapped? Not sure, not important... what is important is where this version of me came from, that drink and a drug mixed together... makes... people like me. And we're contagious by scratching or fluid transfer. Which is why I always wear gloves, anymore. I know this is different world so it might be a different thing that it does? But... whatever it is, it probably isn't good." She paced as well.

"See that doesn't make sense to me either. Why even leave the body and all the evidence? Once they clean everything up they'll just turn everything back on and - Oh crap. What if we're meant to find this? And once everything is checked out they turn everything on again... Okay, this is going to sound weird but can you like fly or anything? I think we need to get back to that scene and pronto. They had booby traps back in... whatever western you walked out of, right?" Meanwhile, Liv was dialing into ECSI, "Oh no, no no, not time to ignore your phone, Bones!"

@Ringmaster

Reactions: Gands
"That weird juice, as you put it, when mixed with a designer drug in the reality that I... got morphed into the version of me of? Swapped? Not sure, not important... what is important is where this version of me came from, that drink and a drug mixed together... makes... people like me. And we're contagious by scratching or fluid transfer. Which is why I always wear gloves, anymore. I know this is different world so it might be a different thing that it does? But... whatever it is, it probably isn't good." She paced as well.

"See that doesn't make sense to me either. Why even leave the body and all the evidence? Once they clean everything up they'll just turn everything back on and - Oh crap. What if we're meant to find this? And once everything is checked out they turn everything on again... Okay, this is going to sound weird but can you like fly or anything? I think we need to get back to that scene and pronto. They had booby traps back in... whatever western you walked out of, right?" Meanwhile, Liv was dialing into ECSI, "Oh no, no no, not time to ignore your phone, Bones!"
"Wait, y'ain't magic?"

He said blankly. An expression of incredulity and annoyance warring on his features that could be seen. Wow...Just...Wow. That was just wrong.

"How's a Necromancer supposed to do his job, when ya can just grab a bottle and do a little voodoo without the spirit?"

No passion, no sweat or blood. He shook his head and sighed out.

"Yeah, I can fly. Not like this and hell naw in this here sunlight. I did come in a car though. Um..."

He looked briefly embarrassed.

"....Can you drive? I shore as hell can't."

@Michale CS

"Yeah, I can fly. Not like this and hell naw in this here sunlight. I did come in a car though. Um..."

He looked briefly embarrassed.

"....Can you drive? I shore as hell can't."
"Wait, if you can't drive, how'd you get here oh nevermind. Sure. toss me the keys." She tucked her phone into her shirt pocket and put it on speaker. Right to voice mail. "Bones when you get this - Oh Hell I know you, you won't answer your voicemail until someone mentions it to you." She ended the call, still walking swiftly to wherever Tepes had parked his car. She knew that Shawn was interviewing the employees, and Abby was running analyses at the Lab. "Think! Think! There has to be a way to get ahold of someone who can help? Hey, cowboy? Anyone you working with good with computers? I think we might need to cause a power outage at the scene..."

At the blank look, she translated into Western Movie talk - "We need to put out the fuse before the powder keg blows up, and someone who knows how can do that like magic from wherever they are?"

It was just now getting to twilight, the sun should be fully set soon, which was, some good news for Tepes.

Meanwhile... At Lux

"We've got sudden movement on Tepes' GPS. He's headed... it looks like toward the murder scene, at a good clip. I recommend anyone not currently fully occupied join him there." Cardiff announced. Lucifer was still on his phone call but thankfully it was his mobile. Hercules was patiently waiting for that call to end so they could go out together to do the interviews, Eisley was knee-deep in talking to various gatekeepers at Lord Technologies so, hopefully that was everyone?

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster @york @Gands @Kingof192

"Wait, if you can't drive, how'd you get here oh nevermind. Sure. toss me the keys." She tucked her phone into her shirt pocket and put it on speaker. Right to voice mail. "Bones when you get this - Oh Hell I know you, you won't answer your voicemail until someone mentions it to you." She ended the call, still walking swiftly to wherever Tepes had parked his car. She knew that Shawn was interviewing the employees, and Abby was running analyses at the Lab. "Think! Think! There has to be a way to get ahold of someone who can help? Hey, cowboy? Anyone you working with good with computers? I think we might need to cause a power outage at the scene..."

At the blank look, she translated into Western Movie talk - "We need to put out the fuse before the powder keg blows up, and someone who knows how can do that like magic from wherever they are?"

It was just now getting to twilight, the sun should be fully set soon, which was, some good news for Tepes.
"Asked for a ride."

He said casually. The driver in question, out to lunch after Tepes said he was talking to the dead.

Extra keys just in case he needed to get in and off they went. Though he gave her a flat look in return to her attempt to speak cowboy.

"Don't you be getting sassy with me now miss. I can't use em, but I know what they do, watching others work."

He then paused and added.

"Can't do squat without a- Oh, wait."

He said a word that made every hair stand up on the back of the neck of the listener and the ghost from before appeared. Saying something in a dark language, the watched the ghost flee and said casually.

"He'll pass the message for me. Like the good lord intended."

@Michale CS

Forgive the manhandling Morningstar, but it's time to go !

For Hercules, just a miniscule part of his strength and attention to maneuver Lucifer Morningstar down to the large Motorcycle and gently put him on the back.

Hold On ! We're going to put this baby to the test !

The large motorcycle roared to life. Designed to hit big speed and handle accordingly. Hercules had actually spent time learning just how to use this crazy machine. On the back of the beast, Lucifer needed to consider holding on for dear life as the big bike dodged through traffic, over medians and across sidewalks, a siren going .

Lucky for him... it really wasn't that far.

@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Ringmaster

For Hercules, just a miniscule part of his strength and attention to maneuver Lucifer Morningstar down to the large Motorcycle and gently put him on the back.

The large motorcycle roared to life. Designed to hit big speed and handle accordingly. Hercules had actually spent time learning just how to use this crazy machine. On the back of the beast, Lucifer needed to consider holding on for dear life as the big bike dodged through traffic, over medians and across sidewalks, a siren going .

And well... about the time Cardiff noticed the movement... a ghost showed up... to verify the location they were going to.

"Cripes. I am putting in for vacation after this job." Cardiff sighed. "Yeah, you got the right place guys. Shoo! Don't you have something else to do, Casper?"

She complained to the ghost.

@Gands @Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Kingof192

And well... about the time Cardiff noticed the movement... a ghost showed up... to verify the location they were going to.

"Cripes. I am putting in for vacation after this job." Cardiff sighed. "Yeah, you got the right place guys. Shoo! Don't you have something else to do, Casper?"

blazing-saddles-old-lady.jpg

"Up yours, n-!"

And then it faded, because its job was done.

@Michale CS

Meanwhile... At Lux

"We've got sudden movement on Tepes' GPS. He's headed... it looks like toward the murder scene, at a good clip. I recommend anyone not currently fully occupied join him there." Cardiff announced. Lucifer was still on his phone call but thankfully it was his mobile. Hercules was patiently waiting for that call to end so they could go out together to do the interviews, Eisley was knee-deep in talking to various gatekeepers at Lord Technologies so, hopefully that was everyone?

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster @york @Gands @Kingof192

blazing-saddles-old-lady.jpg

"Up yours, n-!"

And then it faded, because its job was done.

@Michale CS
Eisley Cloud

@Gands @Ringmaster @LuckycoolHawk9 @Michale CS @Kingof192

Despite being a bit occupied with calls, Eisley tagged along with the rest of the group, looks like they were joining Tepes at that murder scene.

Fortunately, it was a little easier to take calls with her suit acting as the telephone, but she did realize that she'd have to keep her word with the whole advertisement thing, so... Chances are a commercial for a certain energy drink might be starring her in a while, she was used to that sort of publicity buuuut, admittedly it would be a bit awkward to break the news here and now to the group, in the middle of an investigation.​

Lucifer wasn't exactly happy to be dragged onto Hercule's motorcycle but he sighed when the call dropped. He guessed he would never figure out what was going to happen now . " How far are we going to be going this time? I may be- kind of almost out of charming powers," Lucifer said, muttering the last bit under his breath.

@Gands @Michale CS

Due to the fact that the traffic wasn't horribly bad anymore and that Lux was closer to the site than the Morgue, everyone pretty much arrived at the same time at the crime scene.

Let's tally them up, shall we?

• Olivia Moore, Zombie Coroner driving a car with Lucifer Tepes riding shotgun.
  • Lucifer Morningstar in a really pretty Mercedes SUV with Eisley Cloud riding shotgun - because both Eisley and Lucifer were on the phone and phones and Motorcycles are just incompatible.
  • Hercules on his modified Motorcycle.
Liv pulled up and started dashing towards the door. "You have to stop them from powering everything on in the electrical room! I think it's rigged to explode!"

Inside we have...
  • A couple CSI interns
  • Two of LAPD's finest hanging out near the entrance
  • Temperance "Bones" Brennan going over the evidence in the electrical room with her usual meticulous style
  • An LAPD IT guy who is working on finding out what was damaged electrically and working toward restoring power to the whole place, which according to Liv, would be a very, very bad idea.
So, what's it gonna be?

@Ringmaster @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @york

Lucifer was trying to piece together a plan and rather quickly. The first order of business was to stop that IT. There had to be a plan to be done fast. " Anyone got a plan? " He asked.

@Ringmaster @Gands @york @Michale CS

" We have to get those people out of there. Eisley, can that suit of yours broadcast in some fashion to reach all of them at once ? I'm not as much of a tech person as I'd like, but I'd like to think it's possible"'

"After that, we'd need to de-booby trap it, which is still above my technological pay grade. As far as things blowing up, I'm not so worried about myself, but local damage could be very very bad 1".

@york @LuckycoolHawk9 @Michale CS @Ringmaster

Due to the fact that the traffic wasn't horribly bad anymore and that Lux was closer to the site than the Morgue, everyone pretty much arrived at the same time at the crime scene.

Let's tally them up, shall we?

• Olivia Moore, Zombie Coroner driving a car with Lucifer Tepes riding shotgun.
  • Lucifer Morningstar in a really pretty Mercedes SUV with Eisley Cloud riding shotgun - because both Eisley and Lucifer were on the phone and phones and Motorcycles are just incompatible.
  • Hercules on his modified Motorcycle.
Liv pulled up and started dashing towards the door. "You have to stop them from powering everything on in the electrical room! I think it's rigged to explode!"

Inside we have...
  • A couple CSI interns
  • Two of LAPD's finest hanging out near the entrance
  • Temperance "Bones" Brennan going over the evidence in the electrical room with her usual meticulous style
  • An LAPD IT guy who is working on finding out what was damaged electrically and working toward restoring power to the whole place, which according to Liv, would be a very, very bad idea.
So, what's it gonna be?

@Ringmaster @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @york
Lucifer was trying to piece together a plan and rather quickly. The first order of business was to stop that IT. There had to be a plan to be done fast. " Anyone got a plan? " He asked.

@Ringmaster @Gands @york @Michale CS
" We have to get those people out of there. Eisley, can that suit of yours broadcast in some fashion to reach all of them at once ? I'm not as much of a tech person as I'd like, but I'd like to think it's possible"'

"After that, we'd need to de-booby trap it, which is still above my technological pay grade. As far as things blowing up, I'm not so worried about myself, but local damage could be very very bad 1".

@york @LuckycoolHawk9 @Michale CS @Ringmaster
Eisley Cloud
@Ringmaster @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Michale CS

"I could... But it'd take too long..." Eisley said.

Unfortunately because of the lack of power in the area, and the uncertainty of how many people were using a more... Open network to the form of communication her suit could transmit, she realized she couldn't risk it. Instead, she realized that the best course of action was to instead, prevent the LAPD from getting the power on in the first place.

"I'll take that LAPD IT guy. Try and get the word out the place isn't safe." She said after a moment.

Unless she was stopped at any point, Eisley would be headed towards the LAPD IT personel. After all, the last thing they'd want is for him to blow the place sky high, but of course there was still the possibility that there may be other ways the place might be rigged to explode. However, she'd have to worry about that after she made sure the power wasn't going to go up anytime soon, at least not while the building was at risk of blowing up.

"......"

Ah what the hell, ain't the first time he died. He leaped out the car and in rushing for the entrance, yelled at the two LAPD hanging by the door.

"EVACUATE THE BUILDING! FRAKING MOVE!"

And then he went to follow Liv.

@york @Gands @Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9

So, True Believers, our heroes rush the door, except for the Mighty Hercules, who approached at more of a saunter as he took up the reigns as mission leader as it were.

Thankfully the sight of a Greek God, two undead, a Samus Aran type and a random nightclub owner rushing the door didn't spook the police like it should have, mainly because the nightclub owner was a consultant for the LAPD,one of the undead was on the ECSI team and the Greek God was both SHIELD and Avengers. They went into action themselves, spreading out and working to get the rest of the people out of the building...

All save two. The IT Guy who was looking around at all the commotion in confusion, and...

'Bones' was kneeling in the electrical room staring at a small speck on the floor with an oversized head-mounted magnifier. "This is most certainly keratin, not bone... a chip from a very thick fingernail..."

"Bones! There's something a bit bigger we have to worry about in here. There's probably a bomb in the room!" Liv cried out.

"Then let the bomb squad handle it. Haven't they been called?" She was still utterly unruffled.

"Uh, sort of. We got these guys." As Tepes, Morningstar, Cloud and Hercules arrived.

"Good. I'm almost done here." Bones replied.

Meanwhile the IT Guy, whose name we find is Henry Jones - and he's tired of the Indiana jokes by the way - backs off when the group arrives. "This really can't have been rigged. You'd have to do that from the back for me not to have found it all and you'd have to have a forklift to move some of these racks- Oh. Right. Giant Gorilla. Okay... presuming it's not set to blow when you move stuff, the big rack on the left is the one that is hooked to the main capacitor. Presuming they didn't bring their own explosives and wanted it to look like an accident, you unhook that and it should depower it."

Henry shook his head. "Only problem with that is... if they've closed the loop in here that capacitor is hot and so are the contacts. It'd be like getting hit with a bolt of lightning to unhook them. So, you're going to want to squeeze someone back behind the racks, good luck there, to make sure there's no other explosives, then someone is going to have to take a massive shot of electricity to turn it off, because, well, if I were going to rig something like this, it'd be just as easy to set it to blow when power was fully up, or fully off and just use the massive capacitor to blow itself up."

"Uhh... can someone help me get Bones out of here? I don't want to drag her out though I could. Anyone with a bit of persuasive talents there... maybe?" Liv, being in ECSI knew in just what capacity Lucifer Morningstar served as a consultant and was looking straight at him.

@Ringmaster @york @LuckycoolHawk9 @Gands

Status
Not open for further replies.