3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Urban Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Modern, Horror, Magical... pretty flexible.
Title: Monkey See, Monkey Do.
Power level: Enhanced to Global
Look/Feel: [Mastermind's Machievellian Plot ]

Mission Full

Los-Angeles-Skyline.jpg

Los Angeles. one of the Crown Jewels of the West coast, as coined by CatCo Worldwide Media, along with National City, San Diego, San Francisco, and Coast City.
Crime is no stranger to Los Angeles with one of the highest crime rates of cities in California. But, crime, after a fashion was somewhat predictable. People choose a life of crime, and recidivism in criminals is high.

What is strange is a rash of burglaries, armed robberies and other type of theft from people who had never committed crimes before. Even more strange - none of them remember committing these crimes, even under polygraph. They simply don't remember. Most of the thefts were from law abiding citizens who had never even had so much as a traffic ticket. Those who weren't caught during the act dumped their ill gotten gains somewhere that they cannot remember, even with trained psychologists aiding them.

This sounds like a job for...

You, maybe?​

Last edited:
Well friends... this played out a lot like you might imagine.

• Cloud found a small satchel filled with some kind of liquid, but it wasn't attached to anything. It was supposed to light up after the electrical fire started, she supposed. No additional threat there.
  • Hercules got a heck of a shock when uncoupling the contacts of the capacitor. But, direct current. So he didn't go flying everywhere, he just stood there and insisted on sucking up all that juice himself. Suddenly he had a little more respect for Thor, as that was not anywhere near even his usual pain tolerance levels, but no permanent damage, just a lot of muscle cramps.
  • Tepes pulled the right switch at the right time, amazingly, and the whole place powered down, backup lights kicked on.
  • Morningstar managed to evacuate everyone just in case.
  • And over in the control room, Liv found the small MP3 player that had been hooked up to the PA system. "There's three tracks here and only one played. His recorded voice doesn't seem to do anything funky but maybe people with more resistance to psychic mumbo jumbo should be the ones listening, just in case?"
@york @Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Ringmaster
The Hulk: friends, enemies, history, views. I had spent many hours studying the thing that I had spent so many years avoiding. The Hulk matched the one on the photo Jasmine gave me. This Hulk was different and even stronger the the old Hulk, who looked liked a weightlifter in green stage makeup trying to portray the Hulk in comparison. This world's Hulk also had something that I never dreamed possible: friends, people loyal to him. People who even felt sorry that they had exiled him. It was not uncommon to find people on the internet that had more compassion for the Hulk than I ever did.

Hercules was right, which was further confirmed by internet pictures of a different Daredevil and Thor than I had known. It was not only I who had a doppleganger, but as for me I had changed worlds. I could find no information to tell me when it happened. At the coffee shop a few hours ago? In South America? When I died? My only clue being the picture that Jasmine had showed me matched the Hulk of this world. Whichever I was in I saw somebody from the old world and somebody from the new. The presence of information on this level meant I was here by intelligent design. Which carried the idea of purpose, though searches through the internet could not tell me the purpose.

Whatever happened, it also altered my password so I couldn't get into my finances. The intelligence was blocking me from going back to South America. So I ended up doing what I so often did- going door to door looking for a job until the company could resolve my problem- I only hoped that the intelligence did do me the favor of giving me my fake "David Bryson" identity" so that it could eventually be resolved

"Hello, My name is David Bixby. I am a stranger to you, but I need help. I'm accidentally stuck in Los Angeles and can't get my money to get home. I'd be happy to work for you." I said, going door to door.

Why did it have to be Los Angeles? Unemployment is a way of life here. I changed tactics and tried speaking to the people

"Hello, My name is David Bixby. I am a stranger to you, but I need help. I'm accidentally stuck in Los Angeles and can't get my money to get home. I'd be happy to work for you." I said, going person to person.

Still, nothing. That had happened before. Hungry, tired, and a little dirty I found a semi-hidden alley to try to get some sleep in.

Sirens, commotion, vehicles arriving and then gunshots nearby. It would not stop. Eventually, I chose to take a look at what was happening. It was the evacuation of a building. The sight of a Greek God, two undead, a Samus Aran type and a random nightclub owner.

Fate had always been a player in my life
Add to that the presence of some kind of intelligence
and I was about to do the exact opposite of what I had ever done before.

I approached the nightclub owner, the only one I felt confident enough to approach, and said

"Hello, My name is David Banner. I am my world's Hulk, and am willing to help. I believe I've been transported to this world for a purpose and don't really need to get home. Would you dare to let me work with you? "
Hercules dusted himself off, drew his hair back and tied it off. Then he put the headpiece back on and picked up his duffle bag..

Looks like we managed to avert disaster he thought to himself. " Nice work folks!".

"Eisley, please make sure the bomb squad gets back in here. I am going to get Morningstar and head over to that other lab".

He went outside to find Lucifer and found Banner talking with Morning star and went there was a break in the conversation...

"Dr. Banner !, Morningstar".

He looked at Banner for a long moment. Was he... Well ? Could he be trusted ?.
Hmmn, since things hadn't gone to hell yet, looking briefly back at Morningstar, let's take a chance.

"Dr. Banner, can you make heads or tails out of biochemistry ? I think we have a lab I would like you to look at !".

@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kingof192 @york @Ringmaster
...the next day, at the improvised headquarters...

• Banner is there and has had a chance to check in detail both versions of the drink. Both are ripe for being secondary or tertiary parts of a greater formula, but only the formula from the vat seems to have the anti-mind-control property.
  • Lucifer Morningstar has had a chance to speak to Redfern again with using a bit of his charm, and has gotten a general area for where she was supposed to deliver the stolen goods to, near the Port of Los Angeles.
  • Lucifer Tepes found another ghost who confirmed the area and narrowed it down to a few block radius.
  • Eisley successfully navigated the bureaucracy of Lord Technologies to get a case of the drink overnight shipped to her and a list of schools across the nation they want her to appear at and distribute the drink as semi-secret trial sampling events.
  • Hercules got a SHIELD report that Jason Todd, the man who faked being the coroner, attempted to carjack one of the victims of the crimes in Little Rock Arkansas and was captured by Kid Flash and remanded to SHIELD custody. He is being extradited to LA and being placed in Hercules' custody specifically once he arrives.
"So folks... What's our next move?" Cardiff asks.

@Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kingof192 @york @Ringmaster
Hercules

"First, good job last night everyone!".

"We still need to check the other victims, the ones being turned into animals".

"I would think Dr. Banner and Morningstar would be best for that".

"Eisley, please take Tepes and search the dock areas for the area where the stolen goods were to be taken to. If you need a vehicle and or a driver, check with Agent Cardiff".

"As for me, I will wait here for captain fake Coroner. Cardiff, let's make sure we nail down his identity and put tracking devices on his person. Once he is here, he and I will see where everyone is at".

"Cardiff, has the DNA been completed by the Csi folks ?".

"I think that's it, have I forgotten anything ?

@Michale CS @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kingof192 @york @Ringmaster
"Mr Hercules, both samples are parts of a greater formula. That indicates some sort of targeting. I think a harmless um...reagant for lack of a better word would be a way to neutralize the drink before effects take hold."
"Dr Banner, thank you. In addition, there are other victims. Normal folks who are in the process of being turned into animals. Given your scientific experience, I believe you can be invaluable for those poor people".

@Michale CS @Kingof192 @LuckycoolHawk9 @york @Ringmaster
"Miss Scuito is running them, and will send me the results... 'within one big gulp' in time? Sorry, she's... Odd. As far as Mr. Todd, he used the ID of a former sidekick of Batman. Deceased. But... He may be an Alternate Universe version, and giving his irrational behavior, that's a possibility. We're running an electronic trail on him but he's a decent hacker so that may take time."

@Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kingof192 @york @Ringmaster
Lucifer listened to the conversation silently making notes about things. " I agree with the others here. Mr. Banner, before we get going, do you have a mode of transportation or are we taking my corvette to talk to these victims?" He asked, looking over at the man.

@Ringmaster @Michale CS @Gands @Kingof192 @york
Eisley Cloud

@Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kingof192 @Michale CS @Ringmaster

Eisley nodded at the idea of going to the docks to acquire that shipment, but stopped for a moment, something suddenly occurring to her.

"So, before I leave... Anyone know what it'd take to capture an oversized gorilla?" She asked.

It looks like she was thinking ahead a little, since when the situation did finally present itself, where she encountered one of those Gorilla's, she might have to neutralize it if things didn't go so well.​

• Useful
Reactions: Michale CS
Eisley Cloud

@Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kingof192 @Michale CS @Ringmaster

Eisley nodded at the idea of going to the docks to acquire that shipment, but stopped for a moment, something suddenly occurring to her.

"So, before I leave... Anyone know what it'd take to capture an oversized gorilla?" She asked.

It looks like she was thinking ahead a little, since when the situation did finally present itself, where she encountered one of those Gorilla's, she might have to neutralize it if things didn't go so well.​
"Lead." Tepes deadpanned as he spun the chamber of his revolver.

@Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kingof192 @Michale CS @york

I wandered around the area, gathering some supplies. I intended to draw a blood test.

"I try to avoid driving in Los Angeles, sir. It gives me a serious case of road rage."

Reactions: Michale CS
"So it seems like you guys have a plan. I as usual will wait for the various data you set me to gather and coordinate logistically... this time the right way."

She handed each of the rest of them - Herc already had one - a SHIELD communicator, just so they could communicate to each other. Cardiff even managed to show Tepes very tactfully and without any sort of bias how to use the thing. It could be push-to-talk or voice activated with a switch that moved it from one mode to the other.

@Ringmaster @Gands @Kingof192 @york @LuckycoolHawk9

Lucifer looked at that communicator, slightly reluctantly not certain if he wanted to take this strange device. He decided that it might be a good idea to be able to make contact with the team, in case, something went horribly array and odds were that was going to happen more often than he wanted to admit. He looked at Agent Cariff and muttered a thank you, accepting the communicator.

" So does driving everywhere else in the US. I guess that answers my question, we'll be taking the corvette to our destination," he said to him.

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @Gands @york @Kingof192

"Lead." Tepes deadpanned as he spun the chamber of his revolver.

@Gands @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kingof192 @Michale CS @york
I wandered around the area, gathering some supplies. I intended to draw a blood test.

"I try to avoid driving in Los Angeles, sir. It gives me a serious case of road rage."
"So it seems like you guys have a plan. I as usual will wait for the various data you set me to gather and coordinate logistically... this time the right way."

She handed each of the rest of them - Herc already had one - a SHIELD communicator, just so they could communicate to each other. Cardiff even managed to show Tepes very tactfully and without any sort of bias how to use the thing. It could be push-to-talk or voice activated with a switch that moved it from one mode to the other.

Eisley Cloud

Eisley rolled her eyes.

"Guess I'll think of something." She muttered.

Besides the small little problem they might run into if they wanted to catch one of those gorillas alive, it looks like she was as ready as she could be to go to the docks. Taking the communicator Cardiff had given her, she appeared to be waiting for the others to be ready too before she headed off to the docks.

Eisley Cloud

Eisley rolled her eyes.

"Guess I'll think of something." She muttered.

Besides the small little problem they might run into if they wanted to catch one of those gorillas alive, it looks like she was as ready as she could be to go to the docks. Taking the communicator Cardiff had given her, she appeared to be waiting for the others to be ready too before she headed off to the docks.
"I still say we just shoot em and call it a night."

Tepes remarked to Eisley as he kicked back in the front seat of their vehicle.

@york @Michale CS

[fieldbox="At ECSI, green, dotted"]
@Kingof192 @LuckycoolHawk9

The victims of the partial transformations had been moved to the ECSI lab and hospital, where one other member of ECSI was present. One Dr. Leonard Skivorski, Jr. also known as Doc Samson. He raised an eyebrow at Banner's entrance, but did no more than nod and adjust his glasses in a way that said he wasn't there to deal with any previous deep-seated issues they might have. Someone else recognizing Banner who he couldn't quite place, the same way Hercules had.

"These transformations aren't typical of such events, as you'll see, Doctor." Skivorski said to Banner. "Usually, one finds dramatic changes in the DNA of the transformed individual, but in this case, there's a second set of DNA here... and it's trying to overwrite the first. As you can imagine this makes reversing the process a lot easier. We simply have to segregate the two sets of DNA and... well, I imagine that we'll have... from my best guess here I'm not as versed in zoology as I'd like... four humans and four Capuchin monkeys at the end of the day. But I do welcome any input from an expert such as yourself, Doctor Banner."[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox="At The Docks, red, solid"]
@Gands @york @Ringmaster
10514400_10152404293381997_1250926373161551490_o.jpg

It was a fairly typical day at the docks, nothing unusual... hey, is that a gigantic rubber duck floating in the water? Why yes it is. That's certainly unusual...

The GPS location they had for the 'dead drop' for the stolen goods and the warehouse where Lord Technologies was due to deliver the energy drinks to were about two blocks apart. Of course this is about 3pm, in the LA area, so it was full of people going about their day.

Of course, there were three of them (Eisley, Tepes, and Hercules) and three points of interest - if one included the duck. Where would they head and would they head there together?
  • The GPS location of the dead drop.
  • The Warehouse where the Lord Tech energy drinks are scheduled to be delivered today
  • The... giant rubber duck floating in the harbor.
[/fieldbox]
[fieldbox="At SHIELD Facility 0U812, Yellow, solid"]
[USER=22890]@thatguyinthestore[/USER]
...three hours later...
"Just sit tight here, Sir Knight. Your new chaperone, the Mighty Hercules himself, is on the way here. I don't know how you rated an Avenger and a Greek God, maybe you're bigger deal than I thought." Kid Flash proclaimed, phasing into Todd's cell for the fourth time this hour.[/fieldbox][/hr]

Last edited:
Reactions: Gands
Hercules

I will suggest to my compatriots and I split up. In that Eisley has already made some inroads to Lords company, she should cover that. With the other two, I just get the sense that my new friend Tepes is itching to fix some frustrations on some poor hapless goon, he should attend the GPS location, once we make sure he can find it..

Lastly, I will check the dock area.. and the dread giant rubber duck.

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @york @thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kingof192

The victims of the partial transformations had been moved to the ECSI lab and hospital, where one other member of ECSI was present. One Dr. Leonard Skivorski, Jr. also known as Doc Samson. He raised an eyebrow at Banner's entrance, but did no more than nod and adjust his glasses in a way that said he wasn't there to deal with any previous deep-seated issues they might have. Someone else recognizing Banner who he couldn't quite place, the same way Hercules had.

"These transformations aren't typical of such events, as you'll see, Doctor." Skivorski said to Banner. "Usually, one finds dramatic changes in the DNA of the transformed individual, but in this case, there's a second set of DNA here... and it's trying to overwrite the first. As you can imagine this makes reversing the process a lot easier. We simply have to segregate the two sets of DNA and... well, I imagine that we'll have... from my best guess here I'm not as versed in zoology as I'd like... four humans and four Capuchin monkeys at the end of the day. But I do welcome any input from an expert such as yourself, Doctor Banner."[/fieldbox]

@Gands @york @Ringmaster

It was a fairly typical day at the docks, nothing unusual... hey, is that a gigantic rubber duck floating in the water? Why yes it is. That's certainly unusual...

The GPS location they had for the 'dead drop' for the stolen goods and the warehouse where Lord Technologies was due to deliver the energy drinks to were about two blocks apart. Of course this is about 3pm, in the LA area, so it was full of people going about their day.

Of course, there were three of them (Eisley, Tepes, and Hercules) and three points of interest - if one included the duck. Where would they head and would they head there together?
  • The Warehouse where the Lord Tech energy drinks are scheduled to be delivered today
[/fieldbox]
...three hours later...
"Just sit tight here, Sir Knight. Your new chaperone, the Mighty Hercules himself, is on the way here. I don't know how you rated an Avenger and a Greek God, maybe you're bigger deal than I thought." Kid Flash proclaimed, phasing into Todd's cell for the fourth time this hour.[/fieldbox][/hr]
At this point, Todd was extremely annoyed. He looked up at the Kid Flash and rolled his eyes. "Yeah, there's a lot more t'me than meets the eye." Jason said before leaning back and closing his eyes.

Another odd feeling coming from a man I've never known. I knew enough now to know that his reaction may or may not match Hercules. I bury my head in my pad, making notes about the questions.

"Thank you, Dr. Skivorski, that's a good start." I hoped these were the last words I ever have to speak to the man, and wonder if my voice sounds anything like the other Banner's. I typed an agenda.

Blood tests at various levels of transformation
observation of endocrine system/hormones in most transformed
information on Skivorski,
identification on type of monkey
what type of monkey is this Grodd?
case studies of subjects, timetable
digestive system of least transformed person.
identification of environmental factors which may effect transformation
DNA of actual 2nd lifeform vs DNA of monkey type identified
occupation/lifestyle of subjects
Have the people of this world learned to create life in three steps inside of another's body? This is highly advanced.

I need you to do the talking.

I showed my pad to my partner "That's what I see so far, do you have anything to add?"

"I still say we just shoot em and call it a night."

Tepes remarked to Eisley as he kicked back in the front seat of their vehicle.

@york @Michale CS

@Gands @york @Ringmaster

[/fieldbox]
...three hours later...
Hercules

I will suggest to my compatriots and I split up. In that Eisley has already made some inroads to Lords company, she should cover that. With the other two, I just get the sense that my new friend Tepes is itching to fix some frustrations on some poor hapless goon, he should attend the GPS location, once we make sure he can find it..

Lastly, I will check the dock area.. and the dread giant rubber duck.

@Michale CS @Ringmaster @york @thatguyinthestore @LuckycoolHawk9 @Kingof192
Eisley Cloud
@Gands @Michale CS @Ringmaster

Seeing that Eisley had ordered the package, she figured she'd show up... In person. For the time being, she did not have her suit on, as it would probably freak whoever was making the delivery out if she showed in in some future-tech armor.

Naturally, she still had that suitcase with her anyways, and her guard was still up, but it appeared that she was currently waiting for the delivery, leaning against a wall, and possibly spacing out a bit.

"That's a bigass duckie."

Ever the keen eye, Tepes.
Eisley Cloud

Seeing that Eisley had ordered the package, she figured she'd show up... In person. For the time being, she did not have her suit on, as it would probably freak whoever was making the delivery out if she showed in in some future-tech armor.

Naturally, she still had that suitcase with her anyways, and her guard was still up, but it appeared that she was currently waiting for the delivery, leaning against a wall, and possibly spacing out a bit.

Still, he'd stick around in hiding. Cruising in rat form in whatever hiding place was close by, mentally evaluating people for fun.

@york @Gands @Michale CS

match Hercules. I bury my head in my pad, making notes about the questions.

"Thank you, Dr. Skivorski, that's a good start." I hoped these were the last words I ever have to speak to the man, and wonder if my voice sounds anything like the other Banner's. I typed an agenda.

Blood tests at various levels of transformation
observation of endocrine system/hormones in most transformed
information on Skivorski,
identification on type of monkey
what type of monkey is this Grodd?
case studies of subjects, timetable
digestive system of least transformed person.
identification of environmental factors which may effect transformation
DNA of actual 2nd lifeform vs DNA of monkey type identified
occupation/lifestyle of subjects
Have the people of this world learned to create life in three steps inside of another's body? This is highly advanced.

I need you to do the talking.

I showed my pad to my partner "That's what I see so far, do you have anything to add?"
Lucifer looked over at it, seeming to understand that the man was showing him the list. " I believe you have everything covered. Just give me a minute and I will ask all of this," he replied, taking a deep breath. God, he hoped he wasn't resistance to his charm.

@Michale CS @Kingof192

Lucifer looked over at it, seeming to understand that the man was showing him the list. " I believe you have everything covered. Just give me a minute and I will ask all of this," he replied, taking a deep breath. God, he hoped he wasn't resistance to his charm.

@Michale CS @Kingof192
"Oh come on, Bruce, it isn't as if I'm going to try to psychoanalyze you now. You don't have to play password with your friend here." And yeah, if you were going to rank the top ten willpowers in the world of people without actual psionic powers? Doc Samson would be on the list along with Banner, Ben Grimm, and James Howlett.

He smiled at Lucifer and just said "Do you mind?" and took the tablet from him, looking it over. "Information on me? I'm an open book. Tells me you're not the mainline Banner I expected you to be. So let's do this right this time." He handed the tablet back to Lucifer and stuck his hand out to Banner. "I'm Doctor Leonard Skivorski. Mainly I'm a psychiatrist, but due to being transformed by gamma radiation but to a lesser extent, I've made it my life's work to help the Banner I knew to work on a cure. Also, those are very good questions and tests you came up with there. Let's get to work."

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Kingof192

"That's a bigass duckie."

Ever the keen eye, Tepes.

Still, he'd stick around in hiding. Cruising in rat form in whatever hiding place was close by, mentally evaluating people for fun.

@york @Gands @Michale CS
Eisley Cloud

A Lord Technologies truck pulled up and a bored guy got out of the passenger's seat. He walked around to the back of the truck and lifted up the roll door. It wasn't til after he'd lazily put the ramp up and gotten into the back of the truck before he even seemed to notice Eisley. He looked down at his clipboard. "Eisley Cloud?" Damn that's a porn star name if I ever heard one. Nice one Max.

@york @Ringmaster

The best way to the duck... other than swimming? Hire a boat. And no, there aren't paddle boats or jet ski rentals at the port. It's all business. Of course being SHIELD he could commandeer something, but that sends a strange impression, especially when investigating... a giant rubber duck.

@Gands

Off the motorcycle and striding the docks, I see a likely boat nearby, a yacht I believe !

" Ahoy the yacht "

A bit of Olympian gold and charm of yours truly has the yacht captain heading towards the Duck.
The name of this particular yacht is Howard's Folly. The name would become clear in a moment, as an ally from the SHIELD subdivision ARMOR, appeared on deck from out of the control cabin. "Funny you should ask that. I was about to go check that thing out myself. Hercules, right? Get on, I'll get you as close as they'll let me get. You think there's something strange about that duck other than it being-" He sighed happily. "...big?"

@Gands

Jason opened one eye and looked at the kid. It seemed as though he was gonna be here a while, so he might as well make some small talk. "So are you supposed to be Flash's sidekick?" He asked, arms crossed.
@Michale CS

Status
Not open for further replies.