Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a fun idea to spice up the intro battle in which Sylphie is still treated as a secret weapon and deployed independently for test data by sketchy lab techs under the pretense that she not be spotted. The eventual presence of Kenshima streamers would probably make this worse.

Lucy can probably spot something weird and investigate, possibly pursue her. She'd end up joining up with the squad after battle, for what reason is up in the air (respect, change of scenery, etc.)
It's probably ok. Although unless the main force is advised of your deployment, there's a good chance you might be marked as a possible enemy, being an unknown and unannounced contact. Which could lead to some fun misunderstandings.

I was hoping for fun misunderstandings!

Post will be little later today then

latest

Name: Dominic Breisgau

Nationality: Ofrian

History: Dominic hails from old Aristocratic blood. He is the secondborn son of Lord Bradow von Breisgau, a man following a renowned Political career as Lord Speaker in the House of Lords of Ofria. Although Bradow planned for his oldest son and heir-Damon, Dominics older brother- to follow a similar career in politics, Dominic was seemingly free to curve his own path in the world and thus chose a profession most unseemly for many generations of Breisgau's...a career in the military. He would later prove many of the naysayer s wrong when he would graduate with honors from the Royal Lesalia Academy, the top war college in the Kingdom of Ofria, a distinction he shares with his senior, Major Maria Rossini.

Shortly after his first taste of the battlefield, Dominic would learn of an incident back in homeland that involved his older brother. Damon Breisgau was the very definition of the spoiled playboy, a heavy drinker and while possessing a sleuth of charisma it was mostly wasted on his womanizing ways. A stark contrast to his young brother, whom the military molded into a man of diligence and duty, albeit with a slightly darker sense of humor. After Damon crashed the family yacht, with himself only lightly wounded, Dominic took a leave to check up on his family. But he soon realized that the call was something more than his brothers condition. With the reckless behavior of his heir endangering his ambitions of brokering a marriage with the Rossini daughter, Lord Bradow revealed on a private meeting between the two of his plans to have Dominic released from active duty and become the next inheritor to the family fortune. Taken aback at first, Dominic was at east given the leeway for some time to think about it before taking a final decision for their second meeting. It would never happen, for Bradow Von Breisgau would fall a victim to the Mist during a diplomatic journey.....

With relatives becoming aware of the possible clash over the inheritance, Dominic rushed to put things in order by not only returning to the military in full force, but by also signing up for prototype surgeries that would turn him into a cybernetic soldier capable of facing the terrors that invaded their World. He is now a decorated member of the Ofrian Vanguard that is currently mobilized for the final push against the enemy in Voskad.

Gear: WIP, to be completed soon...

I totally need a playlist of 80s music and classic jams to put on Sylphie's person at all times. Highway to the Danger Zone is probably old hat but I neeeeeeeeeeeed it :(

• Love
Reactions: ~\The Talentless/~
I totally need a playlist of 80s music and classic jams to put on Sylphie's person at all times. Highway to the Danger Zone is probably old hat but I neeeeeeeeeeeed it :(
Sylphie.
Hey Slyphie.
Sylphie!
Sylphie!
SYLPHIIIIIEEEE!!!!
Danger Zoooone...

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: TuttyTheFruity
You have all just witnessed the first of many powerful displays of BLINDING INSPIRATION!!!

Ok in all honesty, did you use Reinhardt from Overwatch as an inspiration?
No, that's an Alex Armstrong thing.

latest

I used the overly manly (sometimes older) guy stereotype you see a lot in anime as a foundation for Maxim's character and then stuffed it into mecha-looking armor and modeled him after old Slavic knights (Bogatyr is basically a general term for heroes from Slavic folklore).
Characters like the above mentioned Alex Louis Armstrong or Joseph Joestar (after he gets old; but now that I think of it, most of the characters in JJBA are that archetype). The muscly, jolly, bold guy is a pretty common archetype.

Overwatch, while being a western game, actually taps into a lot of the established character archetypes and tropes. A huge chunk of their characters are archetypes that are actually quite common, but to those who haven't ventured much, they seem new. Bastion's the robot who fights against their nature (The Iron Giant, Chappie), Genji's a cyborg ninja, (Raiden/Grey Fox, Sektor/Cyrax,), Soldier 76 is the grizzled veteran (too many to name here, they're a dime a dozen), Winston is a smart brute, (Gorilla Grodd, Beast), etc. etc. etc.

So I didn't take the idea from Overwatch, but I did take it from the same place they did. It's like they say, everything is inspired by something else.Cause they drew from so many wells, it's hard to draw one they haven't taken from in some way, shape or form.

So no, not really.

I'll be posting soon, including some narrative work to get the battle joined in earnest and everything really kicked off. feel free to finish up anything in the scene before switching over to the next one, but it feels like a good time to move onward.

And, well, if the pacing does seem too fast or too slow, just speak up.

No, that's an Alex Armstrong thing.

latest

I used the overly manly (sometimes older) guy stereotype you see a lot in anime as a foundation for Maxim's character and then stuffed it into mecha-looking armor and modeled him after old Slavic knights (Bogatyr is basically a general term for heroes from Slavic folklore).
Characters like the above mentioned Alex Louis Armstrong or Joseph Joestar (after he gets old; but now that I think of it, most of the characters in JJBA are that archetype). The muscly, jolly, bold guy is a pretty common archetype.

Overwatch, while being a western game, actually taps into a lot of the established character archetypes and tropes. A huge chunk of their characters are archetypes that are actually quite common, but to those who haven't ventured much, they seem new. Bastion's the robot who fights against their nature (The Iron Giant, Chappie), Genji's a cyborg ninja, (Raiden/Grey Fox, Sektor/Cyrax,), Soldier 76 is the grizzled veteran (too many to name here, they're a dime a dozen), Winston is a smart brute, (Gorilla Grodd, Beast), etc. etc. etc.

So I didn't take the idea from Overwatch, but I did take it from the same place they did. It's like they say, everything is inspired by something else.Cause they drew from so many wells, it's hard to draw one they haven't taken from in some way, shape or form.

So no, not really.
Wow.... Just wow....

I am really taken aback and impressed at the same time. That's awesome. I guess you really do learn new things everyday!

GUYS, I found what Ash sounds like

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: TuttyTheFruity
So are we gonna have dormmates?

So are we gonna have dormmates?
Yes. I'll have to do some bookeeping and actually take stock of the characters. Then decide on things randomly. Well, or you guys can work some of it out yourselves, if you see it being particularly funny or interesting to room your character with another one.

I think having @R-9 Pilot assign our rooms opens up more possibility for antics and fun little situations.

Reactions: Kit-n-Kat
And, well, if the pacing does seem too fast or too slow, just speak up.
Pacing is good to me so far!

Also think a 3rd party selection would lead to some fun interactions. Worst case scenario they dont have to be permanent

It'd mostly be figuring out how to assign via random roll, so we'd be using an impartial third party.

It'd mostly be figuring out how to assign via random roll, so we'd be using an impartial third party.

You can fudge it. No one will know.

• Love
I have a quick and question @R-9 Pilot, so say ash wants to build, or start a new project. (Say building a heavier body to switch in and out of, or to repair and modify his augmentation and others) will he have a place to do so?

Full R&D probably isn't possible, but they do have the standard sort of cyborg medical facilities for replacing or repairing damaged parts and so-on.

• Useful
Status
Not open for further replies.