Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm also going to say "no" to a personal-issue AI buddy. Artificial intelligence is something of a rare thing, so they wouldn't be so common as to come standard issue with powered suits.
Well there goes half an hour trying to figure out an AI acronym.....

Sounds good though. I kinda made Wade to be that guy who tries to do more than he really is capable of doing so being underpowered is fine.

I mean I felt it was appropriate for someone else to create him rather than a huge corporation, because I feel it leaves more room for development for Ash as a whole. Say if he was creating in a lab with tons of funding, then his chassis would be much more advance in technology and weaponry than the ragtag bot, and he probably wouldn't have the innocent mindset nor the urge to learn about everything in sight, as well as the need to improve on his body to keep up with the team. At least that's how I felt it should be, but if need be i can go back and change it up a bit.
Machines made by corps are not always perfect. And there's always the realm of the experimental. There's also the fact that creating a functional, sentient computer would be a massive undertaking. Your character can still have the same personality. I can already see several ways of this playing out well with the right adjustments. In fact, robot personalities are a specialty of mine. The only limit you ever have in writing a good character is your own creativity and how flexible your mindset is.

• Useful
Reactions: ~\The Talentless/~
Alright I'm gonna redo my history a bit then, maybe even adjust other things too

Ok, so first off, an announcement. It's a big enough group at the moment (not that I've taken a careful count) that I'll be closing things off for new people showing up. If you've expressed interest and are still working on a character, I won't say this means you're out, but it does mean you should get your character finished and/or posted ASAP.
Yeah, so like the cast for this RP is huuuuuuge!!! Like just too big for Boo :/ So withdrawing.

But good luck with RPing err'body!!^^!!

~Edz~ @~\The Talentless/~ ^,^!! ~hugs right back atcha!~ Yayuh! Thanks, bruh ;DD

Last edited:
@R-9 Pilot alrighty, his background is updated, it was rough, but I did it while keeping his personality the same.

So, quick question, as I want to get an IC started. Would you guys prefer a brief battle right away, or starting with time to just roleplay and get to know each other on base?

I'm up for whichever. Maybe if you want to throw in both, maybe have a battle in between bases or something which gives the characters some circumstance to be meeting?

Perhaps as they're being deployed, they get to know one another?

So, quick question, as I want to get an IC started. Would you guys prefer a brief battle right away, or starting with time to just roleplay and get to know each other on base?
I feel that we should be In a battle, I've seen roleplays that start off with getting to know one another and things tend to die off pretty quickly.

I'm up for whichever. Maybe if you want to throw in both, maybe have a battle in between bases or something which gives the characters some circumstance to be meeting?
Circumstances for meeting aren't really necessary. All our characters would have been pulled together as an elite team by the Not-U.N. beforehand.

Perhaps as they're being deployed, they get to know one another?
Getting to know each others' characters in combat wouldn't really be ideal. You have to remember that this is the mind of RP that works on two stages. One is the fun that comes with a fight. The other is the fun that comes with getting to know each other. In order to fully capitalize on both, we're gonna want to give them both our full attention when they need it instead of half-assing both at once.

Interaction during a fight can happen, but for our first time getting to know each other, we're going to want to dedicate time to it.

I feel that we should be In a battle, I've seen roleplays that start off with getting to know one another and things tend to die off pretty quickly.
I honestly agree. However I don't feel like I know the characters enough to go straight into a battle. Maybe we could start as we are about to drop in for the first time, not having met each other.

I honestly agree. However I don't feel like I know the characters enough to go straight into a battle. Maybe we could start as we are about to drop in for the first time, not having met each other.
Yeah why not something like us being in a helicopter or something like that, talking and getting introductions before we drop in like zero dark thirty lol.

It's fair to note that the PCs also don't have to start all as complete strangers. If you want to be a newcomer, you can, but there's nothing that say at least some of the people are already part of the same squad.

Debriefing for an upcoming operation might be the best case scenario, since it will quickly lead into combat while giving everyone time to show off eccentricities.
This is, to be fair, my plan for if combat right away was the thing. Starts in a briefing room.

It should also be important to note that if we DO start with combat, we'll want to keep that fight short and easy.
Getting bogged down in combat right off the bat can kill a roleplay, something I've experienced a lot in the past.
We'll want to go on with a simple objective and complete it and be on our way back to base soon. I'm talking two, maaaybe three, rounds of posts short. Extended conflicts don't work so well if they're the first and only thing players get to do.
So if we do start off with a fight, no lolly gagging!

So when will we expect to see this start?

I'll get things kicked off later this afternoon. I've got some grading to deal with, and will need to do a little hopping around between tabs, and my work computer is a tiny thing not conducive to it. But mostly, grading.

• Useful
Reactions: ~\The Talentless/~
Did we all get in?
No, we all failed and every one of us has been rejected :(
R-9 is going to run this RP by themselves, for themselves. It's R-9 Pilot's Big Fun Adventure, starring @ R-9 Pilot.

(I'm obviously kidding.)

• Useful
Reactions: Kit-n-Kat
Status
Not open for further replies.