Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not giving anyone the boot, at the moment. Mostly because if I wanted to be particularly selective, I should have said so from the beginning. Also because I doubt everyone will stick around all the time, so there may be some attrition to the cast. ...Which creates its own problems, but hey, we can just keep moving on without people who disappear.

And a long-ish day done, I can finally get to making an IC thread.

And to make sure it pings everyone, here we go.

CLOSED SIGNUPS - Dive into the Sky

Briefing's open for a few questions, but you are on a schedule, so Marisa won't wait too long. I'll be editing the second post with information on things later.

Though, for important details of a sort, the actual footsoldiers are pretty much just mooks. The ground craft are a basic hover tank, and the fighters are one of the common multirole types. You're in Eastern Not-Scandinavia, for general geological location.

This start is designed to sort of let us express one or two eccentricities and then toss us into battle.

It also might help to say this now (this always happens sooner or later, but sometimes it happens sooner than we'd think), but if you're ever at a loss for what to write, don't be afraid to come to the group for advice. If you simply don't know what kind of input to give, just ask and either we can give you some advice, or even help include your character in on something, or set up a cooperative post together. At the very least, it lets us know you're in a jam. One of the biggest roleplay killers is players not knowing what to post, but being afraid to ask for help.

That goes for anything. Everyone should help everyone. A good RP is a cooperative story-telling experience, not a solo side-by-side with other people in their own isolated spheres. Good luck, team!

Hey @R-9 Pilot. How well known is Marisa in Ofria? Since my character is from there as well would he recognize her?

She's a member of a noble family that stays relevant in part through military service, so he'd probably have heard of her. Unless he's in the same high society circles, he may not have personally met her outside of the military, though.

It is fair to know her from prior service under her command, as well.

I'm gonna have it be ash's first day in the team.

I'm gonna have it be ash's first day in the team.
I'm pretty sure it's the first day for everyone.... at least for Wade...
She's a member of a noble family that stays relevant in part through military service, so he'd probably have heard of her. Unless he's in the same high society circles, he may not have personally met her outside of the military, though.

It is fair to know her from prior service under her command, as well.
Ok thanks. Hes probably going to know her name and reputation.

I'm pretty sure it's the first day for everyone.... at least for Wade...

Ok thanks. Hes probably going to know her name and reputation.

Nah, pilot said it was up to us if it was our characters first day or not

Do you think I can have it with Lucy out in the field? I know they're all supposed to meet in the briefing room but I thought it would be better that way.

Do you think I can have it with Lucy out in the field? I know they're all supposed to meet in the briefing room but I thought it would be better that way.
That's honestly possible. Someone needs to be out there to actually gather that recon intel. So, if you'd prefer, that's cool with me.

And posted! Can't wait to see what all of you guys come up with! Looking forward to all your posts!

I have a fun idea to spice up the intro battle in which Sylphie is still treated as a secret weapon and deployed independently for test data by sketchy lab techs under the pretense that she not be spotted. The eventual presence of Kenshima streamers would probably make this worse.

Lucy can probably spot something weird and investigate, possibly pursue her. She'd end up joining up with the squad after battle, for what reason is up in the air (respect, change of scenery, etc.)

Posted. I do hope it is satisfactory.

Sorry for the delay. Will try to post within the next couple of hours....

Status
Not open for further replies.