Status
Not open for further replies.
"If you want to see, you can say so Isaac," Cezia tells Isaac as he moves away after a peek.

"Hey Steven," Cezia greets Steven with rather gloomy voice like if she expecting Steven will cheers the death of Sven, considering both hasn't been in good term because the whole mess the trio makes.

"It is ok Norio, see you later," Cezia waves at Norio.

Cezia brings the files toward a table, putting them there and rearrange the torn parts and announce it aloud to the room,

"Apparently, the files says we have been here for three years, make no sense. And..." Cezia pieces part of the torn up ones in the table nearby. "Isaac none of your business SHSL is actually assassin," Cezia says as she looks at Isaac with suspicion.

"I will keep these files for the trial," Cezia says, putting them among her drawings.

Steven nodded. "I see. Thank you, Isaac." The Monokuma file had already told him about the cause of death, along with a couple of other details. Still, it was good that they were able to confirm this for themselves rather than blindly believe Monokuma's words. Which left Cezia's findings. Before Steven could even ask for it, though, the Ultimate Painter had already started to talk about the things on her own, sparing Steven the effort of having to read the things himself.He hadn't missed the tone in her voice; it seemed obvious to him that she wasn't really happy to see him at the moment. Figuring he'd do her a minor service by not getting too close to her right now, Steven just listened to her from the other side of the room.
...Yet what she said made no sense at all. They've been here for three years? No way! Of course he could not answer for the rest of them, but as far as Steven knew, he only woke up in this hellhole roughly a week ago. Like Cezia herself had said, that didn't make sense at all. As for the other part... Isaac was supposed to be the SHSL Assassin? That would explain several questions, like his obsession with death and kills or how he managed to counter Sven's attack the other day even though his hands were full at the time. On the other hand, Isaac's behaviour in the immediate aftermath of said scene was not befitting an assassin at all, nor did his behaviour in general for that matter. All in all, it was possible that the entire thing was completely fabricated. ...But then why did it exist at all? And on that note, where did it even come from, and why was it here now? Was Monokuma just messing with them for shits and giggles? Possibly, but there was no way to know.
Either way, without some more information about the factuality of those papers, they couldn't really use it for anything. It was better to continue their search for clues for now. But where to start... Maybe over there? "Has anyone checked the back room yet?", Steven asked as he headed for the Archives room.

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Isaac eyes landed on the bloody letter opener before glancing back at Sven's corpse. 'Sharp, bloodied, heavy chance this is the murder weapon.' He thought before he froze in his spot at Cezia spoke to him about his talent. For a moment he said nothing as he looked at Cezia with a look of shock. "As....Assassin???" He asked looking genuinely confused as he tilted his head to the side. "Is that suppose to be a joke?? Its not very funny if it is, and now isn't the time for jokes." he stated as he scratched the back of his head as if trying to understand why she would joke at a time like this. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]"Something isn't right with the file, three years and now saying I'm a trained killer??? It doesn't sound right... I know I haven't told anyone, but my talent is kickboxer. I'm the official SHSL Kickboxer." He stated, his tone very earnest as he spoke. He then looked at Steven before shaking his head. "No, no one has looked there yet." [/BCOLOR]

Cezia looks at Steven, then to Isaac, then turn to Steven, and Isaac again. She frowns, really confused.

"On first glance, I think you have a reason for killing Sven because umm... maybe he blackmails you with the files or you know he has it and scared he find it. But if you are the killer and really an SHSL Assassin, you won't be that foolish to leave the files intact. Well, whoever you are," Cezia address Isaac. "It is more likely that the killer put it here to accuse you unless there is another obvious thing here I haven't found."

Cezia pauses, her head hurts with trying to think around these, and she still sad with Sven's death. "I... I think I will leave this room, it makes me depressed. I will be at the cafeteria if anyone wants to look at the files or the drawing of the scene," Cezia says with a sigh before leaving.

Steven silently listened to Isaac's response to the 'revelation' of his Ultimate Ability. So, Isaac was the Ultimate Kickboxer? That would explain his counter to Sven's attack too, while being far less unbelievable than him being the Ultimate Assassin. Assuming Isaac was telling the truth, which he had no reason to doubt right now (aside from the whole 'doubt everyone ever on every little thing if you want to live' thing), that pretty much meant that the files were full of it.

Again, Steven just listened to Cezia speaking. What she said made sense; If the files were to be trusted, then Isaac would have an obvious motive for killing Sven. But of course, if that was the case, then it would be beyond stupid for him to leave the files right at the murder scene. It was one thing for Kyle to make all the mistakes he did (In retrospect, it was almost as if he had wanted to be caught), but an hypothetical Ultimate Assassin? No way. Like Cezia said, if the files were to be trusted in the first place (Which he really didn't), then it was more than likely a trap, and if they weren't, then they had nothing to do with the case in the first place. Before Steven could thank Cezia for confirming his own though process though, the girl had already left, leaving only Isaac and Steven in the room.
"...Well, then I'll check out that room", Steven broke his silence as he entered the Archives. Once inside, he looked around at first to see if he could spot anything glaringly obvious.

As soon as Cezia had waved goodbye to him Norio left the library, trudging along down the corridor towards Sven's room. It seemed the closer Norio got to Sven's room the slower he walked, dragging out what should have been a two minute walk for at least five minutes- but as slow as he walked Norio still eventually arrived outside the room. For a moment Norio just stared at the door handle, reluctant to discover whatever could be on the other side of the door.

"Come on Norio, you need to do this," Norio muttered to himself, "For him... for everyone..."

Forcing himself to move forward, Norio shoved the door open, and practically fell inside the room. He started a preliminary search of the room, looking for anything which immediately stood out.

@The Tragedy

@Daz
The room was clean of anything incriminating, besides a messy bed, caused by Sven there was no evidence inside of the room

I've spoilered the second paragraph because it hints at certain things. It's not like vivid sexual descriptions or anything, but y'know, better safe than sorry. If you don't want to read creepy or mildly sexual stuff, don't unspoiler it.

Relief flooded through Norio as he realised there was no evidence in Sven's room. Norio knew that he should've been hoping for evidence, something that would lead them to the killer, but the idea of someone tainting Sven's room with traces of murder sent chills down his spine. The fact the room was just as Sven had left it made Norio breath a sigh of relief, and... man, the room even still smelt Sven. Norio took a deeper breath to check, and yes, that was definitely the invigorating scent of Sven. Despite the fact Norio was supposed to have only known Sven for a few days that smell brought back nostalgic feelings, even ones of desire.

[spoili]
Before Norio knew what he was doing he had flung himself onto Sven's bed and was sniffing Sven's sheets like a dog, practically getting high from the smell of Sven. The smell of his sweat... Norio felt like he should be tasting it from another surface, although not one far from Sven's bed sheets. In fact, as Norio desperately grasped at the bed sheets he got the sense he'd been in this position before- that he'd been in a lot of positions here before. Norio could practically feel the warmth of Sven behind him, it was as if Sven's spirit was entering him and trying to comfort Norio with his presence.
[/spoili]

Tears streaming down his face, Norio collapsed on the bed. What was he doing? This... there were no words for how much was wrong with this. So badly Norio craved that Sven would comfort him- that Sven would comfort him again, if that was even possible, if Norio wasn't deluded to feel it'd happened in the past. But Sven was dead. A dead person cannot comfort you about their own death. Instead Norio would lay there, sobbing.

Alone.​

Erin looked for some type of trash net or anything to pull the PDA out. He found, grabbed, and used one to fish out the PDA. He then looked for how it was damaged, for a certain type of weapon.

A quick scan search revealed nothing out of the ordinary, at least not as blatant as the things in the main room; it seemed to just be another room filled with books, although this one was a tad more dusty than the main library. But why was it seperated from the rest though? ...Eh, it probably just meant the books were a bit rarer or something. Steven made a note to check out the contents of the books themselves a bit more later on, then proceeded to search the boxes in the room. Again, the result was zilch. "We're running out of time...", Steven grumbled to himself as he turned around, then exited the room again.
"It doesn't look like the killer went in there", he said to Isaac. "In fact, judging by the dust, I'm pretty sure that nobody went there for a while; otherwise they'd have disturbed the dust before I even went in there, leaving an obvious trail". He paused for a moment, then continued. "Did you find anything while I was in there?"

A folder fell from a shelf, documents and photos falling out of it. One of the photos showed all of them at the front of a classroom. Norio and Sven a bit... too close. The documents talked about some people named "The Original Despairs" and how horrible deeds had been committed surrounding them at Hope's Peak. However, their identities were unknown

Reactions: Vitreus
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Cezia left before Isaac could say anything leaving him in the room a bit longer on his own. He let out a light sigh and scratched the back of his head. "I wouldn't be blackmailed since the files are obviously fake." He muttered though he was pretty sure no one heard him with Ceiza gone and Steven in the other room. Letting out a small sigh he shot a death glare at the camera. [BCOLOR=#000000]"What are you playing at." [/BCOLOR] He said coldly. After a moment he took a small breath and looked around the room to see if there was anything else worth investigating. Before he could come to that decision however Steven exited the back room and told him he didn't find anything worth his time. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]He looked at the other in silence for a time and debated if it was fine to share more information, but not seeing a reason to truly hide his discovery he gave a nod. "I think I found the murder weapon. Its a letter opener with blood on it." With that he moved back to the table and pulled out the letter opener and showed it to Steven. Once did so he approached Sven's corpse he kneeled next to it again and compared the wounds with the weapon before giving a nod of confirmation. "This was used to kill Sven." Isaac stated before placing the letter opener next to Sven's corpse. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]After doing so he stood up and looked around the room. 'Cabinet, trash, cause of death, condition of the body, murder weapon. All of these have been searched or found. Is there anything else in this room to investigate?' He wondered as he looked around. "Right now I'm trying to see if there is anything left in the room to be found, if not I'll likely have to move my search elsewhere... Sven's lighter is still missing, and his PDA." [/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]@Neobullseye @The Tragedy [/BCOLOR]

@Dualnte
However, there was no response from the monochromatic bear. The camera just continued its usual movement back and forth. Not paying Isaac any mind. Clearly Monokuma had no care to answer his question

All of his crying had made Norio's head begin to ache, forcing him up out of Sven's bed in search of painkillers. Absent-mindedly Norio dragged himself over to the infirmary, where he began to rifle through the draws looking for the relief he needed, without a care for returning anything he pulled out back to their rightful place. Once he'd found what he was looking for Norio gulped down two pills, shoved the rest of the packet into his pocket, and turned to leave the infirmary. However before Norio could escape he caught a glimpse of himself in the glass of one of the medicine cupboards; damn, he looked like the aftermath of the blitz. The scarlet blotches and unkempt hair made it obvious he'd been crying, something he'd rather not let the others know. Originally he'd been planning on asking the others for their PDAs to search their rooms, but that was out of the question now. There was still one other option though.

"Yo Monokuma, can you do me a favour? Feel like unlocking everyone's rooms in the name of a fair trial?"

@The Tragedy

"Good work", Steven commented, both aimed at Isaac finding the murder weapon and the crew in general going through the crime scene so efficiently. Indeed, it seemed like they had found everything already; at the very least, Steven couldn't really think of anything to add to Isaac's list. ...It was strange though. Although the murder weapon had been hidden a bit more than last time, it was still found within minutes. Not to mention the murderer made the same mistake that Kyle had made; namely, that stabbings made for a very unclean kill. ...Wait a minute. Maybe he did have something to add to Isaac's list.
"Before we go, though, I do want to check one more thing. Like last time, with a stabbing like this, the killer should have gotten blood all over himself, even more so than with Sodika -- which means we should probably search for that too. But first...," he trailed off as he approached the body, making sure to not disturb the blood. "The way this body is set up, the killer had to get very close to the body, right? And with this much blood, there's a decent chance the killer accidentally got something on his or her shoes. Even if it's just a smudge, that still places the owner of the shoes in this room...". He then looked at the edge of the pooling blood to see if he could find any irregular patterns. Straight lines, indentations, anything that pointed to something getting in the way of the flow of the blood.
@Dualnte
@The Tragedy

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Isaac looked at Steven and listened to him before giving a small nod of confirmation. "True enough, it is a bit messy as it is beautiful . This person however took the time to make this, so they likely didn't panic and hide the bloody clothes in a better place than Kyle did." Isaac said before scratching the back of his head and looking around. "It seems we still have time, best thing we can do right now is get alibis, and look in every room just incase. We need to be through." After saying this he looked at Steven. "With that being said where were you last night?" [/BCOLOR]
@Neobullseye

On the first floor a smoky smell came from the already destroyed storage room, sure one could assume that the smoke was from the previous fire but that had already cleared up and been replaced with with new one

• Love
Reactions: Daz
"Yeah, probably," Steven agreed. At the very least, they wouldn't be foolish enough to just hide it under their mattress. And with the added floor, there was that much more room to hide the bloodied clothing. They might be able to find it if they put all of their resources into it, but that would mean they wouldn't be able to do anything else. And like Isaac said, they still needed to talk to people about where they were last night. Well, if they were lucky enough to find it during their search, all the better. If not? Well, then they just have to do without it.

Before that, though, Isaac wanted to know Steven's alibi first. Well, fair enough. "Where was I last night? I assume you mean around the time of the murder...". Steven paused for a few seconds to open the Monokuma file, to double check the exact murder time. "...Midnight? I was back in bed at that time, trying to fall asleep -- and failing." Of course, it wasn't like he could prove that, but eh. "I don't remember hearing any movement or anything, though. Then again, the murder was all the way on the second floor, so that would explain that, I guess. Does that answer your question? And if so, where were you last night?"
@Dualnte

[spoili]
Credit to Behelit
tumblr_okqfsd5Um61uoblcyo1_1280.jpg

[/spoili]

Well, this was awkward.
Norio's question to Monokuma went unanswered, no sign of life coming from the bear usually eager to get his nose all up in everyone's murder-related business. Before Monokuma had been happy to answer to answer questions about open rooms, yet now there wasn't a peep from him. As the silence dragged on a creeping worry built up in Norio's stomach, telling him something wasn't right.

Wrinkling his nose up Norio recognised a familiar smell: the delicious aroma of smoke. Had someone dared have an arson party and not invite him?! Curious, Norio jogged off to investigate what was going on, leading him to the new storage room. Stepping inside Norio looked to see what the source of the smoke was.

@The Tragedy

Reactions: Vitreus
@Daz
There was a pile of burnt clothes, most of it ash except for frills, which looked like it came from a skirt which had a splatter of blood on it

Status
Not open for further replies.