Status
Not open for further replies.
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]"In my room asleep as well." Isaac said simply before he headed to the archive room. "I'm going to do one more sweep around here. After I'm done I will talk to some of the others." with that he entered the archive room and when he got there his eyes landed on a folder that was on the ground. "You dropped something in here." He said simply as he kneeled down and picked it up. Looking at the contents he raised a brow in confusion about the picture. "What...?" He asked softly question marks practically floating above his head at this point. [/BCOLOR]

Asleep as well, huh. Well, in that case it was completely impossible to prove or disprove each other's alibi, wasn't it? Of course, if Isaac's goal had been to tie people down to their words, then it didn't matter what Isaac himself was doing; all that mattered was whether the person being questioned would change their story or not, or knew things that they couldn't know if their story was accurate. Questioning 101, really. If nothing else, it was something that Steven could respect from others.

A short while later, Steven shook his head ever so slightly. As far as he could see, the blood flow looked completely undisturbed. The lack of bloody footprints already made it obvious that the killer didn't get that much blood on his shoes, but Steven had hoped to find at least some traces of it. Sadly, if there were any, the killer had been careful to make them unnoticable. Looks like things weren't going to be that easy.
It was about this point in time that Isaac pulled him from his thoughts, stating that he had dropped something in the back room. "I what?", Steven asked, equally confused. As far as he knew, he didn't really 'drop' anything, especially nothing that one would find instantly. Wondering what Isaac was talking about, Steven walked back to the back room, making sure not to disturb the crime scene on his way there. Once there, he peeked over the Ultimate Kickboxer's shoulder to see what the guy was looking at. The answer... added more questions than it answered. "...Okay, first of all, why does this thing exist. Second, what are Sven and Norio doing?"
@Dualnte

<<OOC note: I can't get on tomorrow, Dual. If Isaac needs Steven to be anywhere, you have permission to drag him along>>

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Vitreus

[spoili]
Credit to Behelit
tumblr_okqfsd5Um61uoblcyo1_1280.jpg

[/spoili]

Norio rumaged through the pile of ashen clothes, looking to see if there was anything hidden amongst them. Considering the blood splattered frills could be important evidence Norio decided to shove them into his hoodie pocket, ready to present them at the trial.

@The Tragedy

At the bottom of the pile was Sven's lighter, partially burned, that was what was used to burn the clothes
@Daz

[spoili]
Credit to Behelit

[/spoili]

Upon spotting Sven's lighter Norio gasped, a mixture of excitement and confusion running through him. Norio had found Sven's flame; he was able to carry on Sven's legacy of anarchy! Grasping at the lighter to check it was real and affirming it was, Norio hastily tucked the lighter away safely in one of his jean pockets- nobody was going to take it away from him. Amidst Norio's delight an important question still remained though: why was the lighter here? Why would the killer leave the ashes of their clothes and Sven's lighter in the storage room of all places? It left an uneasy feeling in Norio's stomach, one which probably wouldn't solved until the trial. Theorising that the killer may have been careless, Norio wandered from room to room on the ground floor, looking inside every room to check if there was anything obviously out of place in each.

@The Tragedy

@Daz
Nothing appeared to be out of place, everything looked fairly normal as it had been the day before

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Isaac sighed a moment and shook his head. "I don't know what this really means, it could be photo shopped or....it's real. Though the latter is unlikely." Isaac said as he closed the folder and put it under his arm. "We can have a look at it later, right now we should review everything we have." With that he left the archive room and went back to the library with Steven. "The murder weapon is a letter opener, and cause of death was the stabs to the neck. Sven had several injuires along with bruised arms and a practically crushed chest. With that I can assume he either fought his attacker, or the cabinet was dropped on top of him crushing his ribs. Before he struggled to get out. Either way, the is more than likely what did that damage to his chest." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]After saying this Isaac walked to the side a bit. "The attacker took their time to make a scene like this. However whoever it was lazily disposed of the murder weapon. Likely because there wasn't a huge point in hiding it, likely had confidence this weapon wasn't enough to pin said attacker down." Now looking at the trash can he continued. "The files in the trash were those of our supposed enrollment though the information seems faulty. Its likely the killer didn't care about the information or saw any use in them. So rather than just hide or burn the files he/she placed them in the trash. Almost like they wanted it to be found. " Once again he looked back at Sven's corpse. "His lighter and any personal belongs are missing from his corpse, meaning the killer likely looted him. I don't know why however." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]After saying all of this he let out a sigh and ran a hand through his hair. "The trial will be soon, I'm not sure if we will have enough time to actually ask others questions." [/BCOLOR]

An announcement sounded over the PDA system "upupu it's time for the class trial, everyone go to the elevators and good luck!"

Isaac looked up and sighed at Steven. "Times up, lets go" He said before he headed out the room, sparing only one more glance at the scene before he left. Now heading to the trial.

As if Monokuma heard them talking (he probably did, actually), the Class Trial announcement rang out mere moments after Isaac had finished speaking. Well, so much for asking people questions, or doing any other research for that matter. The picture was still bothering Steven, but he had no time to think about it now. Simply nodding in response, Steven followed Isaac towards the Trial Room.

[spoili]
Credit to Behelit

[/spoili]

Upon hearing Monokuma's announcement Norio finished his search and made his way to the elevator. Hopefully he'd found enough evidence to avenge Sven's death.​

A new floor had been opened, the next gate opening up to the staircase

Tan yawned as he exited the elevator, grumbling swears the entire time until he exited and stretched.

"Motherfukcing leavin' without letting me smash that ass into the ozone." the Puppeteer grumbled "Makes me want that motherfucking little retard back, she'd probably let me fuck her without even knowing what was happening."

He chuckled at that until muffled sounds came from his pockets, glancing down, he reached into his pocket only to pull out a gasping and frantically breathing Kibi "Oh goddamn it!" the rabbit wheezed as he tasted fresh air for the first time in what felt like hours "I see light, freedom! It tastes so fucking sweet!"

Raising an eyebrow, Tan reached into his other pocket and withdrew a sobbing Nibi "So cold....so dark...so empty."

"Oh hello old chaps!" Tan giggled as he glanced between the two "I see you've returned from your naps!"

"You stuffed us in your fucking pockets for hours you dumb cunt!"

"Oh no need for such negativity!" Tan cooed as he nuzzled the enraged rabbit "I had a good reason indeed you see."

Saying this, the puppeteer did a quick spin in place "A terrible tragedy befell our dear friend, who unfortunately met his untimely end. And with the killer obvious, or at least to me, there was not much of a reason for you to be free. So I tucked you both away until now, and had myself a little lay down. And now that the trial is over and done we can get back to having such glorious fun!"

"We missed a fucking trial!?!"

"Somebody else is dead!?!"

"No need for such worries, worry not your little heads." Tan nuzzled them again despite their loud protests "For the time being we must find rest in our bed."

The now chipper boy began skipping towards the bedrooms rhyming the entire was as Kibi and Nibi loudly tried getting information out of him to no avail.

Reactions: Vitreus
[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Isaac left the elevator and watched as Tan walked off. After a moment he closed his eyes before sighing and walking off. Rather than head for his room however he made his way to the third floor to look around. He didn't feel tired in the least, rather he had thoughts on his mind that he needed to sort out. So for now, rather than sleep he chose to look around the new floor.[/BCOLOR]

...The bear was winning. One after another, people turned on one another. Even the closest of friends could be brought to murder when the right buttons were pressed. Steven had known this, and today it had been confirmed once more. So then, how could one possibly hope to build a bond of trust in a place like this? As much as that that was exactly what he wanted from the start --to build a bond, to prevent any murders -- it was clear to him that this was far beyond his abilities. And yet... Whenever a murder had been commited, everyone managed to band together to find the killer. In fact, even the killer himself tended to help with the investigation, even though doing so would inevitably lead to their own demise. If only there was a link between them all, something to tie them all together and give them a common goal other than sheer survival. ...Wait a minute. That photo! What if there were more things like that? Sure, there was always the chance that everything was a lie, but still. If he really wanted to get everyone to work together, he had to start somewhere, and something like that would be as good a place to start with as any.
With that, Steven went up the stairs again and returned to the back room of the library, taking the map with student data and Cezia's paintings with him. Now that he wasn't on a murder clock, he had time to actually go through all the files in the back room to find out if there was anything interesting in all of them and cross-reference them to the files Sven had found earlier.

[spoili]
Credit to Behelit

[/spoili]

White as a skull Norio slunk out of the elevator, the wounds of the trial still fresh in his mind. Wholeheartedly Cezia had believed that murder and death were the only escapes from this Hell, that it was impossible to escape as a group; Norio wished he could have shown her otherwise, if only she hadn't fallen to Despair so soon. Now Sven and Cezia were merely a sacrifice to the remaining students' Hope- or less, if the group couldn't use their demise to bring them together. If only that were easier. Feeling like he'd been gutted Norio wasn't exactly in the mood for teamwork, and a forced attempt at cooperation could turn lethal.

Without realising it Norio had drifted up to the new floor, roused from his stupor by the jarring change in his surroundings. Since he was there Norio decided he may as well dissect the area to do something productive for the group, thus Norio entered a room at random. It so happened that the room he chose was the art room, it's lively air antithetical to Norio's mood. Swiftly escaping its vibrancy Norio moved onto the storage room, where a particular object immediately caught his eye: a bucket of blood red paint stood proud in the corner, beckoning Norio to spill its contents everywhere. An idea crossed Norio's mind, a way to exorcise the gloomy spirits torturing his soul- Norio could create a tribute to slaughtered.

Spontaneously Norio wrenched open the paint can, then hefted it out into the corridor, along with the broadest paintbrush he could find. Wielding the paintbrush in one hand, Norio thrust his weapon into the paint, and lunged at the wall with four violent strokes. Moving along, Norio repeated the action, scarring the wall over and over. Once Norio's massacre was over the walls bled with his 'art', not that it was up to Cezia's standards. Anarchy blighted the corridor, its symbol a paean to those slain, honouring not just their talents but all they were.

Norio walked away feeling slightly less empty.

[spoili]
Jesus_Christ_Superstar_Anarchy-960x366.jpg

[/spoili]​

[BCOLOR=#800000]After walking around for a while Isaac soon came to a stop at one of the rooms that he came across. Pushing the door opened he entered and looked around a bit before shutting the door behind him. "The rec room." He mumbled as he moved over and sat down on one of the chairs his eyes going around the room taking it all in. "Nothing of interest here." Sighing as he relaxed his back against the chair he looked up at the ceiling in silence. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#800000]For a time he said nothing, or thought of nothing as he stared blankly at the ceiling. After about ten minutes he finally seemed to zone back in as he stood up. "Five left, me, the puppet, Steven, Noiro and the last one who's name I don't even know." Moving to the door with his hands in his pocket he sighed. "Are we almost done?" Not saying a thing after this he quietly made his way further down the floor, not making a single sound as he walked on. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#800000]Soon enough he came to a stop and looked at what was before him. A gate, another gate blocking his way to get to the fourth floor. Seeing this he move over to a wall and rested against it before sitting down on the ground with his hands in his hair. A low laugh left him a moment as he shook his head. "Five left, third floor, and another gate....." He whispered as his grip got a bit tighter in his hands as he gritted his teeth in frustration. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#800000]'Find a way out? She made it seem so easy....no one was leading no one was searching? Ha, what would leading a bunch of chaos filled idiots do? They can't blow a hole in the wall for us to leave, they can't bring down this gate without anyone dying. What use is it? I don't want to be trapped like a bird in this sickening cage, I don't want to die here, the mere idea of living here for the rest of my life and just dying makes me sick. But.....how do I go about trying to get out? Hm!? You didn't have any ideas either did you Cezia!? Of course not! If you had something! If you thought there was an actual way out, instead of killing your friend like a backstabbing bitch, you would have gathered those you could and shared your fucking ideas!' Gritting his teeth he suddenly slammed his fist hard into the wall nest to him, leaving a small dent and crack where his hand smashed against.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#800000]Letting his hand then fall to his side, his head still in his other hand, his body still tense he slowly looked up at the gate in front of him. "You tried to encourage us to move out asses, but Cezia..... This gate will smash any encouragement you could possibly give anyone here with your death. The files, my real talent, how long we have been here....all of it is useless if we can't get past the gate. We can't figure out who is the sick shit behind this is with what we have now...more answers are behind the gate.... But we are already down to five." Looking back down his body still tense as he kept his mind clear. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#800000]'If we are were, I think we are....then by the time we get to the last floor, only one of us will be alive... Cezia, why couldn't you just let me remain ignorant and blissful, why did you have to snap me back into reality?' He thought as he hanged his head his body now lax, despite the intense frustration he was feeling. [/BCOLOR]

• Love
Reactions: Rosedrachen
Some time later, Steven closed the binder with files about Hope's Peak. ...It just didnt make sense. Acoording to these files, some people going by the name of The Original Despairs had caused all sorts of havoc in Hope's Peak. But as far as he knew, no such thing had ever happened before he arrived at the school a few days ago, and though he would by no means deny that a lot of horrible stuff happened afterwards, the writer of these files would have to be psychic to be able to describe them. Besides, the details of the contents didn't match his experiences here. In short, it couldn't be true... and yet, it was all way too detailed to be made up for no apparent reason. So what did all of this mean? The simplest explanation was that Monokuma just made the entire thing up, but then why would he fabricate something so intricate? ...No, that was a pointless question; the psycho was fully capable of capturing a bunch of teenagers and pitting them against each other. There was no way to know how his brain worked. Either way, he needed more information, something that he could actually fact-check.
Turning back to the shelf, Steven picked a few files at random, placing pointless files to the right and more useful ones to the left of him. "Stuff... stuff... stuff", he muttered as he discarded one file after another. Not that there wasn't anything interesting in there; it was just that he didn't know enough about the topics at hand -- poilitics, police records and whatnot. Not something most people know a whole lot about beyond what the headlines say. And then there was the occasional piece of junk, like, say... "...Monokuma's grocery list?! What is that doing here? And why does it include several dozen spears? ...Stuff, stuff, more stuff."

This pattern kept going for a while, the two stacks of files growing ever larger in the process. Eventually, the left pile was getting too big to ignore for Steven. Sure, he didn't know if every single thing the files claimed to be true was accurate, but what he did know about the topics at hand matched perfectly with what the files said. And if so much was correct, was it not at least plausible that the rest of the files were true too? But if that was the case, then Isaac... really was the Ultimate Assasin? Does it really matter at this point though? The Ultimate Gamer and Ultimate Artist were capable of murder too, so an Ultimate Kickboxer, already not the most pacifistic of sportsmen, might very well be driven to murder too. That said though, if all the files were accurate, then that meant that they had been together for years already before this event started, and it was that very bond that he needed to stop people from killing one another. But in order to prove that... He'd have to first prove that Isaac was indeed the Ultimate Assassin, or failing that getting him to admit to this. Steven sighed. That mission might be even harder than the goal he had in mind before...

Last edited:
@Neobullseye
At the very bottom, there was one more file it was labeled "Even in true Despair there is Hope" Inside it said how the ultimates of Hope's Peak planned to find the Ultimate Despairs. There was plan was to make.... there was nothing.. everything after that was torn away. All except for one small note which said "Order cannot exist without Chaos, Hope cannot exist without Despair"

In his own room, Tanami worked thoroughly at his desk while humming a tune. A pen and stapler in hands, he grinned at the progress his project had shown. On his bed were the same files he'd pilfered from the secret room, occasionally he'd glance at them and gave a pout before returning to his work. Off to the side on his desk were his hand-puppets, Nibi frozen with her paws over her mouth while Kibi had his crossed. He'd left them like that, but despite not currently being on his hands that didn't stop the puppets from speaking up.

"You do realize this is freaky as hell, right?"

"Oh please, my angry friend" the puppeteer sang as he worked "this is merely a means to an end. Such a tragedy will do nothing to stop this hobby, and I'll continue doing so around the bend!"

"Oh... did you have to make them look....like that?" Nibi was struggling to keep coherent as she gazed on in horror

"The burden of not having a tailor," Tan sighed "I shall not consider it to be my failure."

"Seriously, I'm known for not giving two shits and it still unnerves me how you've managed to keep doing this."

"All tasks require no small amount of effort, I'll say the same to any of our wonderful cohorts."

"They...they're staring at me..."

"Of course my dear! But don't give in to the fear! Just cause they don't have proper eyes doesn't make them less familiar guys."

As he said that, Tan paused in his work to stand and walk back to the bed to look over the spread information he had. He stood there for a moment giving a pondering whistle as he pieced information together with what had been revealed during the trial. If what was said holds even a modicum of truth, that confirmed quite a few theories he'd developed over his time here. A chipper giggle burst from his lips before he could stop it, and before he could return to analyzing-

"Um...hey....Tan?" a familiar voice called from across the room nervously.

The puppeteer didn't turn around though, merely smiled as he kneeled beside his bed "What do you need there, little buddy? No need to speak so silently."

"C-could you...move me away...from her?"

"No!" came another voice frantically "My god's eye said he had to sit next to me for protection! Don't put him in danger Tan-Senpai, forgive me!"

"She's getting...r-really close!"

"I feel your pain I do, but I can do nothing, yes its true!" Tan sighed "Not much space for you and the new ones, so try to get comfy and have lots of fun!"

"So goddamn creepy!"

"Perhaps little rabbit, but amusing as well." Tan admitted as he slid back into his chair and continued working on his newest additions "This should provide entertainment for the next few days in this hell."

Status
Not open for further replies.