Status
Not open for further replies.
[BCOLOR=#800000]Isaac was unmoving for a time as he sat there in thought, simply staring at the ground in silence. After a moment he pushed off the ground and approached the gate. Resting a hand on it he remained silent as he starred past the metal. Letting out a light sigh he let go and turned his back to it. "If only I had my tools." He muttered under his breath before he left the area, he decided to check out one more room before heading back. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#800000]Soon enough he arrived at the physics room and started to look around there to see if there was any of use or interest to him. [/BCOLOR]

The next day, there was no morning announcements, but everyone knew the sadistic bear had told them to go to the auditorium first thing anyway, maybe he was just sleeping on the job.. do robots sleep?

[BCOLOR=#800000]Isaac was in his room reading a few books he found in the library about the school, as well as some other things he found. As he read he wrote down in a book he got from the school store. He hadn't slept at all that night, and his book was almost half way filled with his writings. Soon enough however he stopped writing as he looked at his wrist which had a wrist watch on it. Noting the time was past seven he raised a brow but none the less decided he should head out. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#800000]Putting the book on the table, as well as the one he wrote in, Isaac got cleaned up and dressed. Making sure everything was in place he headed out his door and made his way to the auditorium. Upon arriving he looked around in silence as he simply stood there and patiently waited. [/BCOLOR]

As each person walked inside there was no sign of Monokuma, no flashy enterances, no bad bear puns, nothing desbearful. Where was there leader in Despair?

"Well damn, looks like our principle's getting lazier with less students to look over." Tan commented with a smirk as he entered the auditorium "Whatever, I'm sure he'll show up eventually."

The Puppeteer was wearing his jacket zipped up for once, and instead of on his hands both Nibi and Kibi were balanced on his head on top of each other. His arms were crossed, movements were relaxed, and he seemed to be as casual as possible considering yesterday's trial.

He unfolded his arms so he could yawn into one of his hands. Spotting Isaac, Tan turned to him as he was the only one currently in the room with him.

"So seeing as two more numbskulls are dead and gone and there's like, what? Five or four of us left? Big-Bear's gonna have to pull out all the stops for these next few motives."

He tilted his head to the side in thought "Ya know when this thing started I originally thought he'd just strap deadly devices to us while we slept and have the keys to deactivate those devices inside our fellow captives then we'd have to hunt our quarries down or perish." Tan rolled his eyes "Would've been quicker and more pulse-pounding than this, that's all I'm saying, but I guess there just ain't enough Despair in doing things the fun way."

"By the way, what exactly do you think is taking him so long, eh Mr. Kickboxer?" Tan questioned with an inquisitive grin, trying to pass the time till their captor decided to show up.

@Dualnte

[BCOLOR=#800000]Isaac remained in his spot as he waited, not even so much as shifting his stance. When the doors opened he turned his head a bit just to see who had arrived, only to find it was the crazy puppeteer. "......" Turning his attention back to the stage he listened as Tan spoke. Despite the casualish conversation, Isaac felt rather annoyed on the inside, normally by now even with the lack of interaction he would understand someones personality, no matter how stupid it was. But Tan, tan kept jumping all over the place, and trying to understand the puppeteer was starting to get annoying. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#800000]"........If he did it like that, it would have been too onesided." Isaac said simply as he closed his eyes for a moment. "Who knows, maybe he had to take a shit." His tone was blunt as he now made his way to the stage to see if the bear was hiding. "Or he might just be waiting for the other two to get here. Or maybe the master mind had a heart attack and died on us. There are a lot of other ors I can give you, but nothing exact." [/BCOLOR]

@GrieveWriter

The Puppeteer gave a thoughtful hum as he watched Isaac search for their captor "If he did die on us, wouldn't a true mastermind have some sort of backup plan in case something like that went down?" He folded his arms once more before giving a now whistle "Maybe cut off the air or burn all the food, contingencies like that just for a final middle finger."

The Puppeteer shrugged before taking a seat on the floor, he plucked the puppets from his head and laid down with a relaxed sigh.

"So... guess if we're waiting. Got any bets?" Tan asked as he slipped Nibi on to one hand "On who the next killer is, I mean."

Using his free hand, he tossed Kibi into the air and caught him. He repeated this as he glanced towards Isaac "Come on, we'll wager chocolate bar rights or something. Out of what's left, who do you think's going off the edge next?"

He caught Kibi again and paused to say "I bet it'll be that Norio dude. He'll probably try killing me or Stevey-boy. What about you?"

@Dualnte

Steven was just about to leave when he spotted one last interesting-looking file. If the title was anything to go by, this was exactly what they needed. Picking it up, Steven opened the file, and upon reading the first page almost dropped the thing then and there. "No way..." The Ultimates of Hope's Peak, banding together to find the Ultimate Despairs? But... they were the Ultimates, right? At least they were some of them. So why did they know nothing of this? And on that note, who were the Ultimate Despairs?
And so, yet more mysteries were added to the list. What did it all mean? Figuring that maybe there was something else in the file, Steven flipped to the next page... only to find that almost the entire file was torn out, save for the introduction on the first page and a footnote stating something about how Order and Hope could not exist without Chaos and Despair. "...Why is it written in that order though?", Steven muttered. Normally the negative aspect was written first to imply that even bad things can be good, since they allowed men to apreciate the good that much more. Yet here the good aspect was written first. Maybe it was written by Monokuma? Something like 'Even if you have hope, that just makes you all the more susceptible to despair' or something like that? Or maybe he was just looking way too much into it... Either way, even if almost all of the file was missing, the most important thing was in the introduction itself; yet another hint that they did indeed share a past -- which made it all the more grueling that it had been so easy to get them to kill one another. "No more though... No more...".

Steven yawned, fatigue finally starting to catch up to him. How late was it anyway? Rubbing his eyes, he took out his PDA and looked at the time.
"...Wait, what?!" How late was it? Well, 7:10 AM, apparently, but how did that happen? Did he really manage to stay up the entire night? Jeez... Well,so much for trying to keep well-rested. ...Wait a minute though. Why hadn't there been a morning announcement? For as far as he could remember, there hadn't been a single day here without Monokuma acting like the World's Creepiest Alarm Clock, not counting the very first day they were brought here. So what gives? Shrugging, Steven collected the most important files and headed over to the auditorium, arriving there a few minutes later. Apparently Isaac and Tan had already made it there, but there was no trace of Norio or Erin. "Morning, guys", he greeted the two as he took a seat. "So... Was it just me, or was there no morning announcement today?"

Last edited:
[BCOLOR=#800000]Isaac was now on the stage and looking behind the podium for Monokuma. As he did so he of course kept his ears opened and listened to Tan. "If the person is dead we'll likely die soon enough, after all he/she was the one refilling our food. If the person really kicked the bucket, its only a matter of time before we starve to death." He said simply before Tan continued on. By this time Isaac moved away from the podium and sat at the edge of the stage while looking at the puppeteer. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#800000]The question didn't come as a shock to him and he kept a neutral face as he listened to the end. "Not interested in the bet, but I'll give you might thoughts." He said with a shrug. "I would like to think that there won't be anymore killings since only five of us are left.... Assuming someone does end up killing. I always thought you would be a likely candidate as a murderer." He stated ever so bluntly to the other. "Noiro is emotionally damaged, I'm not sure if he would even bother to kill at this point. Steven seems to want to get out of here as fast as possible, though by more passive ways. I have no clue what this Erin guy is like, too quiet. There's then you, who I can't get an honest read on, meaning I don't know what you are capable of completely. So in my eyes, I wouldn't be surprised if you killed next. " [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#800000]Sighing he looked at the door an quietly waited for a moment. "Who the victim would be, I don't know. Noiro would be easy likely, but maybe the silent one would be next to die. None of us would shed a tear for him." At this point Steven entered and Isaac attention went to him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#800000]"There wasn't, and the bear isn't here either so we think something is up. Or the shit is waiting for everyone to arrive." [/BCOLOR]

"Just having a chat about who'd probably kill next," Tan answered as Steven entered "I bet it would be Norio, Mr. Kickboxer here suspect it could be me."

He sat up and glanced at Kibi with a smirk "I'd like to think I'm far to curious about the end of this little tale to kill someone. If I were to just escape then it'd be boring, and if I died then I'd never get to know the ending."

He began to slide Kibi onto his hand, his smirk shifted to a deep frown and began standing as his voice went gravelly again "Motherfucking completion principle gon kick my ass to Sunday and back if I motherfucking make it out o' this bitch without a goddamn resolution."

"With only five motherfuckers left, stakes on a murderer's behalf ain't never been motherfuckin higher." he cackled "Only gon' get motherfuckin higher as more of our asses wind up dead and we lose niggas to point fingers at."

"Tanny, you're being too loud." Nibi whined, the hand puppets animating once more seemingly spontaneously

"Aw, who the fuck's gonna worry bout a nigga being too fucking loud whilst bitches are getting killed out here?"

"Both of you need to shut the hell up." Kibi groaned to his puppeteer and partner, his glare settled at the stage "You can banter all you want after we find out where the faggoty fuck-head is."

"Who gives to shits bout his bitch ass!?!"

"I'd like to know, Tan senpai!" a fourth voice seemed to call out from within the puppeteer's jacket.

"Nobody asked you bitch!" Tan shouted down to the voice, silencing it.

Kibi just sighed whilst muttering "Can't believe you thought bringing them would be a good fucking idea." then shook his head saying "If he's not showing up then we need to do something right this goddamn second. If he really is waiting for everyone to show then we need to drag those lazy asshats over here before we miss something important."

The agitated puppeteer seemed like he wanted to argue, but then thought about the puppet's words before smirking and speaking casually again " Ah, but what if he's got some special event planned for us? You know, for being five captives this long."

Kibi seemed unfazed by the seamless change in character "Then we need to figure out what this event is before it becomes another shitty annoyance I have to deal with."

[spoili]
Credit to Behelit
tumblr_okqfsd5Um61uoblcyo1_1280.jpg

[/spoili]

Without a morning announcement to wake him up Norio overslept, and so arrived at the auditorium several minutes late. Expecting to enter to something like an argument between Monokuma and Kibi, Norio was surprised by the relative calmness of the auditorium, and by the lack of Despair Bear. Odd... Norio may have been late, but surely not late enough to miss all of the bear's antics.

"Has already given the motive?" Norio asked plainly. Normally he'd make a joke about the bear being too fast and that being why there were no girls left, or something equally stupid, but Norio simply wasn't feeling it today.​

Erin who had gotten little sleep made his way to the auditorium. As we walked he thought about what may be happening. Was someone ready to target him? Was he ready to kill? All of this depended on another motive. Making his way in, he looked around at how unfazed everyone was despite recent the murder and execution. He looked uneasy, but sat down in one of the corners and took out a few of his rocks and stared blankly into them.

"I see", Steven simply said in response to Isaac, not really knowing what to say other than that. Not to mention that Tanami went on a tangent before he could say much more anyway. Most of it went right past Steven, but there was one thing that did got his attention. "Uhm.... Tanami? ...Was that Sodika's voice?", Steven asked, seriously confused. He had gotten used to the puppeteer arguing with himself and swearing at everyone by now, which was why he hadn't paid too much attention to him, but imitating Sodika? That was new. Also, seriously worrisome. It seemed that Tanami was starting to lose it, and fast at that.

Some time later, Norio entered the auditorium too, followed soon after by Erin completing the group. "No, no motive was given yet. In fact, Monokuma hasn't given us any sign of life yet", Steven answered Norio's question. "Not that I'm complaining, mind you." He then fell quiet for a moment. Now here was a problem. On one hand, he wanted to share his information with everyone as soon as possible, to try to forge a bond of some kind as fast as possible. On the other hand, much of it still depended on getting Isaac to confess he was indeed the Ultimate Assassin, which wasn't going to be easy in the slightest. Maybe he should try speaking with Isaac in private first? But... what if something happened in the meantime, either to or because of Isaac? Or himself, for that matter. Isaac and Tanami had already been wondering who the next killer or victim would be. If something like that happened, then his entire plan would be cut short. ...No, he had to do it now.

"So... I've spent last night in the back room of the library, trying to see if there was anything interesting in there," Steven started. "Most of it were just historic files, politics and whatnot; trustworthy enough, from what I could tell, but not really interesting. More importantly is this", he continued, taking out Sven's files, the files that came along with the photo he and Isaac had found in the back room, and finally the file that talked about the Ultimates of Hope's Peak fighting against the Ultimate Despairs. "We've all seen Sven's files already; the ones that mention all of our ultimate abilities, background information and such. For example, turns out that Sodika has a mental illness, something like schizophrenia. Perfectly treatable with medicine, but seeing as there's nothing here... Yeah, we all know how that turned out. Anyway, it could be completely faked to confuse us, but remember that it was found in a room we're not supposed to even have access to, and by complete accident at that. So, why bother then? If you make things like this in order to mess with people, wouldn't it make more sense to place it in a location where they have a reasonable chance to find it?"

After stifling a yawn, he continued. "Then there's this photo of all of us at the front of a classroom, but it obviously hasn't been taken here. Which raises the question; where was it taken and, more importantly, when? Unless it is faked, which is still an option, this can only mean that we were together before all of this happened. It came together with a file about 'The Original Despairs'. Whoever they might be, they apparently did some horrible things right here on Hope's Peak. The problem with all of that is that I have no memories of any such thing. I don't know about you guys though. And yet, it's all way too detailed to be completely made up, especially seeing how it was in one room with a ton of other files which all seemed perfectly legitimate from what I could tell."

"Finally, there's this new file I found"
, he said, tapping the new file. "It speaks of the 'Ultimates of Hope's Peak fighting against the Ultimate Despairs'. It's not an event I remember, but," he said as he opened the file, showing how it was obviously tempered with, "this is just suspiscious. It's almost completely destroyed. All that's left is that bit of introduction, and a poem-like footnote. I have no idea what it's about, but... Anyway, my point is, is it reasonable to think that every single bit of this was faked? Especially considering how there might be even more where this came from? ...What if we have a joined past, and we just don't know about it anymore? If even one of these files is true, then something is seriously wrong with our memories. And quite frankly, at this point I wouldn't even be surprised anymore if that bear-freak has the ability to mess with our brain like that."

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: Vitreus
"Don't worry about it man," Tan waved off Steven's question before patting himself on the chest "just thought the guys should get some fresh air for a while. Keeping them cooped up in my room isn't healthy."

Before he could say anymore, Kibi shushed him to listen to Steven's findings. After mulling it over, the dark rabbit scoffed "Whatever, as long as we're stuck in here there's no way to tell if they're fake or real so what's the point."

The puppet folded his stub arms "And frankly, at this point does previous history between you monkeys even really matter? Ooh boy we all used to be pals or some shit, whoopee! Doesn't change the fact that we're stuck in a shitty school, getting forced to kill shitty people by a shitty bear-themed inbred asshole!"

"B-but if that were true, wouldn't that mean we've been killing our friends?!?" Nibi cried in horror

"In case you haven't fucking noticed, the artsy bitch and the self-righteous faggotron were practically joined at the goddamn hip and that didn't keep dickwad one from offing dickwad two. Friends are already killing each other, the fuck does it really matter?!?"

"M-maybe..." another oddly familiar, nervous male voice spoke from within Tan's jacket "learning how w-we got here... could help us escape?"

"He's got a point there." Tan smirked at Kibi, who grumbled

"You of all fucking people can't say shit, you've constructed entire lifetimes just to properly convey a character!" the dark rabbit pointed at his puppeteer "If you can come up with thirteen years of a random made up character's life story just for context on a puppet show, then that retard could easily manufacture bullshit to waste our time on."

"But the thing is, not everyone has my talent." Tan gave a small chuckle before glancing to Steven "But I'd still like to know how this information helps us. I mean I made a few assumptions from what I took from the secret room but not all of those revelations have offered too much help at the moment."

• Love
Reactions: Rosedrachen

[spoili]
Credit to Behelit
tumblr_okqfsd5Um61uoblcyo1_1280.jpg

[/spoili]

Blank-faced, Norio barely reacted to Steven's little speech. Maybe he was too exhausted, maybe he felt too depressed, or perhaps it was something else. Whatever the case, Norio took more interest in the lack of Monokuma than Steven's discoveries.

"I'll leave you guys to make sense of those files- I'm off to find out what's happened to Monokuma" Norio declared, making his way towards the hall doors, "I'm sure y'all can figure the files out before I'm back."

With that Norio left the hall, going on a bear hunt.​

[BCOLOR=#800000]Isaac listened to Steven and was silent for the time before he got up and stretched a bit. "All of that is fine and great, but.... Unless you have the remote needed to get us out of here. I don't really think this is going to help us. Though I find it hard to believe that three years of our life have been poofed out of our head, all of our heads so we all remember the same day." Isaac said with a shrug as he closed his eyes. "And why wouldn't the bear fuck with us even more and mess with the files, that thing isn't trust worthy, I mean look. He can't even go to the place he told the rest of us to go, and tried to get us to sleep in." [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=#800000]Moving to the door Isaac sighed. "I'll look around and see if I can find the damn thing, so we can get this over with."[/BCOLOR]

Last edited by a moderator:
"I know... It won't help us directly", Steven shook his head. "I'm... I'm just trying to get us all to trust one another a bit more, so that we can work together as a team. I feel that that lack of trust is what caused both the previous murders. In the case of Kyle and Sodika, the former didn't know who anyone was. As far as he had known, someone else could have killed him at any moment. His action was born from fear, not malevolence. As for Cezia.... I don't know her heart, but from what she told us, it doesn't feel like she betrayed her own friend just to get out herself. Rather, she killed him to spare him from becoming a murderer himself, and turned his grave into a shrine of sorts. Again, despair drove her over the edge."
This of course assumed that Cezia had told them the truth, which Steven had no way for knoing for sure. But then again, she told them all of this after they had already voted for her. What point was there in lying at that point? It wasn't like she could turn back their votes or anything. Besides, if Steven really wanted everyone to trust one another, the least he could do was also trust the dead.
"Now tell me", Steven continued, "if all of us could work together, if she had known that she could trust everyone, would she have still done the same? And if we can work together and don't have to constantly look over our shoulder, would it not be far easier to find what we need to find?"

Meanwhile, Norio had decided to leave the auditorium in search of Monokuma, while Isaac had saidhe was going to search for the remote to open the main door. "You're right though... Simply sitting here and talking about things won't help us getting out of here." Yawning again, Steven started to gather his files again, then got up from his chair. "I'm going to check the upper floors then. Erin, do you want to come with me?"

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Rosedrachen
(I'll just be making a post for Norio)
@Daz
Norio, once out of view of the other students walked through the halls quickly, until he reached a door. This door had been locked since the beginning. However, Norio pulled out his PDA and put it up to the keypad and it unlocked. Norio pushed it open and there sat the bear of despair, hunched over like a corpse. His usually vibrant red eye was now a dull grey. Norio pulled away the bear's mask, revealing circuits all along where the mask was covering. He quickly got to work, working on the bear, as if he knew every nook and cranny of the machine. He heard the sound of the Bear-bot coming back to life and he quickly put the mask back on and left, shutting the door behind him which lockedd automatically.

Soon after Monokuma burst out from behind the pedastal on the stage "Welcome Ultimates! Sorry for the delay, i was cooking up a nice cod, upupu" He pulled the said fish out from behind him and took a bit from it "i brought you all here for today's motivation"

Norio seeming to be walking past noticed the bear standing up on stage and he walked into the auditorium

"This one will be a special motive, the killer, if they make it through the trial can take one other person out with them upupu so will one of you kill to save that special someone and yourself?"

• Thank You
Reactions: Daz
[BCOLOR=#800000]Isaac hadn't left the room, rather he decided to wait, just in case the bear came down while he was gone. So leaning against the wall he waited and soon enough the bear appeared. And shocker, another motive. "Do you know anything about a mourning period? The last trial was just yesterday, and you already want another death?"[/BCOLOR]

Before Steven had even moved one step away from his seat, Monokuma had arrived after all. Even Isaac hadn't managed to leave the room yet. Norio was still gone though... Maybe someone should go get him? As Steven turned back to ask whoever was closest to the door to call out for Norio, however, the person in question just walked back into the room, just in time to hear Monokuma's motive. It was an amazing coincidence, to say the least... No matter, he had bigger things to worry about at the moment, like Monokoma's newest motive.
As for said motive, it was quite different from the previous two. The first motive was simply a link to the outside world and a threat to a third party. 'If you don't do as I say, I'll kill your family and friends.' In short, a maffia motive, and one that turned out to be very effective indeed. The second one was money, and a lot of it. As it turned out, the money itself wasn't why the second murder had been commited, but there was a very good chance that it had been what triggered it. This time, the motive was something that completely turned the tables on them all. Not one, but two people could escape from this hellhole. But then... then...

Isaac's response broke Steven out of his train of thought, although he had no idea what to say himself. Of course the psycho bear wanted another murder; that was what this entire game was about. And with this added rule, not even sticking in one giant group was guaranteed to keep them save anymore. Dammit, the monster had snatched away the one sliver of hope he had to reunite the group against their captor. What could he even do at this point? ...No, he shouldn't think like that. If he wanted the rest of the group to trust him and each other, the least he could do was trust them in turn and show them that he did so. Even if... Yes, even if that happened. It was something that Steven really didn't want to think about yet, but the circumstances were forcing him to do it anyway.

"...That was it?", Steven finally opened his mouth, which immediately resulted in another yawn. Huh. Turns out that staying up all night was good for something after all; what better way than to look utterly unimpressed than yawning? "Well, if you don't have anything else to say, I'm going back to exploring this place. If anyone is looking for me, either check out the back room of the library, the third floor or my room. Oh, speaking of which, from now on I won't be locking my door anymore. For one, I don't have anything to hide from you. And second, I want everyone to trust one another. It wouldn't do if I was a hypocrite, right?".
With that, Steven exited the auditorium and headed for his dorm room. Once there, he left his collection of files on the table, then exited the room again, making sure not to lock the door like he said he would. After that, he headed up to the third floor, and upon arriving there headed to the left and entered the first room he came across, which turned out to be the Recreation Room.

Status
Not open for further replies.