Status
Not open for further replies.
@Neobullseye
The rokm was filled with different test tubes chemicals, etc, but nothing of evidence
@Daz
The first rokm was empty of evidence but the other, quite suddenly, over the course of a day, almost as if by magic was covered in despair symbols

Reactions: Daz
Nothing again. He had expected this though; there was no real reason why there should be anything of value here, and the only reason he went here in the first place was to make sure he didn't miss anything. Still... Something told Steven that it was almost time for the Trial, and there was no way he was going to be able to check the entire rest of the building. Similarly, though he still held out hope that they would win this last Trial too, it was possible that they would lose too. If that happened... No. He couldn't, he wouldn't let the Despairs win. Sodika, Kyle, Sven, Cezia, Erin, Isaac... Their deaths would NOT be in vain! It was time to prepare for a plan B, just in case the worst would come to pass. Even if they lost the trial,even if they would die, he would not allow Norio to fall to despair! Which meant he would need to find a way to keep Norio's spirits up even beyond the grave... Maybe he should gather a few items from everyone for him? Yes, that would work; even if they could no longer fight this battle in person, then at least they would join Norio in spirit.
Steadfast, Steven headed back down to the first floor and headed through everyone's dormitory. First, he headed to Sodika's dormitory -- or rather, the storage room it was now --, and after some searching found a backpack very similar to hers. "Sodika... I'm sorry for mocking you," Steven spoke to the air. "All I can pray is that your death wast fast enough for you not to realize you were killed by the one person you trusted." So cruel. It was all so cruel...

Next up, Kyle's room. There, Steven picked up one of his video games and put it in the backpack. "Kyle... You always were the silent one,weren't you? I guess that's what would draw Sodika to you; you were one of the few people who wouldn't ridicule her. Unlike myself,even... Though, of course, that's just based on the few days we were together in here. I wish I'd gotten the chance to really know you. ...Well, know you again, I guess. Turns out we were together for quite a while before we got here, and that our memories were wiped. Know this though. I'll never forget you again."

Going down his list, the next target was Sven's room. "Sven... I pity the poor hall monitor that had to stop your antics," Steven sadly smiled. "Judging by what you did in here, I'm betting you would've burned down Hope's Academy within the first week or something." Speaking of fire, he would've taken the lighter from Sven's room, but it wasn't there anymore.Of course, Norio already has that. Never mind that then. Instead, Steven took a book from Sven's desk, which was apparently something about anarchy.

After that, Cezia's room. "Cezia... I would've loved to see more of your paintings. I'm just sad that you never got the chance to show the world your talents. I know you would've become a legendary artist, if... if-" Steven bit his cheek, trying in vain to fight back tears. No, he couldn't break down now; he had to keep going. Here, Steven pocketed a few of Cezia's brushes and pencils, then stopped for a moment. Given how Norio reacted to what happened, was it really a good idea to force him to remember this? ...Maybe, maybe not. Still, he could not allow for Cezia to be forgotten; not when she too had willingly risked and given her life, just like all the rest of them.

Fifth, Erin's room. "Erin... I'm afraid I don't know a whole lot about you. I just... I wished I had protected you more. If only I'd stayed at your side, if only I'd seen just how afraid you were. I could've helped you, I should've helped you. ...If you had even trusted me, that is. You wouldn't have, would you? Maybe you had already fallen to despair the moment you entered this building. I guess that's why you weren't supposed to be here; Norio knew that you weren't strong enough. So then, why.... Did the Despairs force you to go here, maybe?" Shaking his head, Steven too Erin's math notebook and put it in the backpack.

Isaac's room... "Isaac. ...I still don't get it, you know? Why did you do it? Was it truly just because you were bored and wanted to get ouy? Or was it lke I said, that you killed someone so that others wouldn't have to, and did you just not want to admit it out of pride or something? I thought we were going to work together... I don't blame you though, not anymore than I blame myself. ...Did you know that we all signed up for this voluntarily? Which means that in a way, we were all killers, for if it weren't for all of us, none of us would have died. It's ironic, isn't it? Here I was thinking that if we just banded together, we could defeat the psychopath. And then it turns out that we were working together, but that we are the psychopaths. ...It makes me wonder just what kind of past I have. I thought myself to not be able to kill someone at all, no matter the reason -- yet here I am, voluntarily taking part in a killing game. Strange paths doth take the hands of fate, what have you?" From Isaac's room, Steven took a blade that was hidden beneath Isaac's pillow.

Steven doubted for a moment whether or not he should go to Tanami's room -- after all, Tanami was still alive. Maybe he could convince the kid to give up Kibi and Nibi just before they were punished? ...No, he couldn't risk it. Quietly, he entered Tanami's room too, then took what seemed to be an unfinished puppet from Tanami's desk.

Finally, he put his own magnifying lens in their too. Typical how he ended up never using it. Not that it mattered though; at least there was still this final use for it. There. That should do it. Now let's just hope that Norio doesn't need it.

• Love
Reactions: Daz

[spoili]
Credit to Behelit
tumblr_okqfsd5Um61uoblcyo1_1280.jpg

[/spoili]

After another futile search of an empty room Norio truly wasn't expecting to find a damn thing in the second classroom: at this point Norio was searching out of routine, or as a distraction from reality, rather than because he thought he'd actually find something. Yet when he opened the second classroom's door he was greeted with the sickeningly familiar symbols of Despair, sending chills down his spine. During his time 'infiltrating' the Original Despair Norio had seen these symbols many a time, and it had never been in a pleasant context. These symbols were marks of a devastating attack.... or one to come. That thought left Norio super enthusiastic about the fact he had to investigate harrowing marks, and not at all like he was rotting from the inside out

To begin with Norio ransacked some of the classroom's cupboards until he found some paper and a pencil. Considering the other two wouldn't be familiar with the Despair symbols and that he couldn't take the symbols to the trial with him, Norio decided to make a quick sketch of what the symbols looked like. Once Norio had a rough outline down he shoved the paper into his pocket, grimacing as he did so knowing what had to be done next. Getting down onto his knees- a position that reminded him of Sven... fuck, now wasn't the time to be thinking of Sven- Norio inspected the symbols more closely, trying to see what they were made of. They didn't seem to be drawn on with paint or the like, it was almost as the the symbols had just magically appeared there.

"How the fuck did these things get here?" Norio grumbled, nervously fidgeting as he continued to scrutinise the disconcerting marks.

@The Tragedy

Last edited by a moderator:
@Daz
The symbols looked to be drawn in... blood, the red substance, the smell, the taste all of it seemed to be of blood, and it was everywhere in the classroom

As if the doors of hell opened the horrible voice of the despair echoed thorugh the halls, signalling the students trials "Time for the class trial hopes, get ready to meet your despair" It went quiet, it was time for the final class trial
@Daz
@Neobullseye
@GrieveWriter

Tan hadn't given Steven anything of substance. Merely responding with a "Eh, it'll be more useful during the trial. Focus on finding more evidence and shit."

And with that he and his rapidly deteriorating posses of puppets departed on their way to continue whatever it was they'd been doing. He'd considered simply dicking around until the trial started, but figured he might as well sate his last curiosity for the day.

And that was why he ended up in the Music Room.

Reclining on a piano's bench, Tan looked over the puppets as they picked through the room whilst muttering incoherently.

"Boy," Kibi muttered as he looked over the crew "your puppets are getting more and more creepy as time goes on, the hell are you doing?"

"Eh, things are almost over pal," Tan chittered "Ain't gonna need 'em much more anyway so it doesn't matter much."

"He's right," Nibi said with a sigh "as soon as he's released out there he'll probably find more people."

At that very moment the announcement came, the Puppeteer standing tall as his puppets gathered with anything that looked interesting. They were all shaking violently as they continued muttering in a cacophony of dead voices.

A bright smile formed on Tan's face as he giggled "Oh boy, guys! Looks like we're up, this'll be fun!"

"We're gonna' fucking die..." Kibi uttered as the Puppeteer skipped happily through the school towards the elevator

"You just now realize that?" Nibi sighed while raising another cigarette.

Tan slid into the elevator happily as the now freakishly jerking puppets scrambled in after him, he hopped from one foot to the other as his excitement reached critical levels.

[spoili]
Credit to Behelit

[/spoili]

Wait, this stuff... no, Norio would have realised sooner if the symbols were actually made from it... he couldn't be so used to the stuff, could he? But now Norio had realised the truth there was no denying it: the symbols were painted in blood. Norio even licked one of the symbols to check, the metallic taste of blood corrupting his mouth. So many questions were raised by this, but...

"Time for the class trial hopes, get ready to meet your despair"

...they were out of time. Norio had no option but to drag himself over to the elevator: it was finally time to face the future. Whether Hope or Despair would reign supreme would be decided now, in the final trial of the killing game.

~

"A deadly judgement... A deadly deception... A deadly betrayal... A deadly riddle, a deadly defense, a deadly faith... A deadly...class trial!"

...It was time. Silently,Steven moved towards the elevator

"Norio... I want you to take this," Steven said, holding out the backpack filled with items towards Norio. "It's... It's something to remember us all, if this goes wrong. Now, don't get me wrong, I believe that we will win this. It's just that I wanted to prepare for the alternative too. ...Either way, look,whatever happens, don't forget us, okay? Even if the Despairs take these things to mess with you. Don't forget the promise we made each other. Though I cannot remember myself, I trust what you told me; that we all decided to fight the Despairs, no matter the consequences to ourselves. Please... Don't fall to despair. Keep up the battle for us, okay? Don't let... Don't let all of this have been for nothing."
"All right then. Let's do this," he spoke confidently as he entered the elevator. "Let's show those Despairs what we're made of, shall we?"

Tan stepped off the elevator and stretched "Welp, that was fun guys. Cheers to a nice clean run, eh?"

"If that's what you'd like to call it." Nibi uttered

"Can we get her a fucking psychiatrist once we're outta here?" Kibi groaned

"I don't know, an angry and a naïve set only went so far, wonder how far angry and depressive could go." Tan smiled "Anyway, I'mma go check how the outside world looks, if I don't see my face on half the billboards, we got some work to do."

"You absolute shit."

"Aw don't be like that, we had a great time." he glanced back to Norio and Steven "Right guys? This'll be going into my next show, I promise you that."

• Love
Reactions: Vitreus and Daz
"...Before we go, I have to do a few more things," Steven said when they left the elevator, then split up from the group. First things first, he went to the storage room to pick up a bag, then took this up to the library where he picked up all the files about Hope's Peak Academy, the Ultmate Hopes, Original Despairs and anything related to them. Their battle was only just starting today; who knew when they were going to need these again. Next up, he went to the storage room again, then took one more bag from it along with a screwdriver. Using said screwdriver, he lifted all of the weird images with the student's names on them from the doors, then put those in the new bag. "I'm never going to forget any of you guys. Not even you, Sodika. I won't let any of your sacrifices have been in vain, no matter what cost it shall bring upon myself. This I swear to all of you. Please now... Rest in peace."

"...I'm ready now," he stated when he returned to the group, now holding two somewhat large bags. "Shall we go?"

• Love
Reactions: Vitreus and Daz

[spoili]
Credit to Behelit

[/spoili]

While Steven was busy gathering files and pictures Norio was collecting something a little more... explosive. Carrying the farewell gifts he'd prepared in what seemed to be a blanket, Norio waited by the door until Steven returned.

"Yeah, let's go. We don't want to keep Tan from preparing his next show, and we have some Despair ass to kick still, right?"

As the three Ultimates walked out of the school, Norio turned to take one last look at the building that had hosted their killing game. Now that they were heading towards a new future there was no need for this school anymore: it was merely a scar on the Earth that reeked of Despair. Time to erase it.

Norio took one of the molotov cocktails out of the blanket, and lit it with Sven's lighter. Then Norio threw the flaming concoction through the still open door of the school into the entrance room, repeating the process until he was out of ammunition. The entrance of the school was consumed with flames, the rest of the school soon to follow. Taking off the backpack of mementos Steven had given him, Norio tossed each item from the bag into the flames one by one: there was no need to keep such objects, the memories of his dead classmates would live on in himself, Steven, and (probably) Tan's actions. They would continue to battle Despair in the name of the dead and try to create a future full of Hope in their honour, whatever their version of Hope may be. Once even the backpack had been tossed into the fire, Norio kissed Sven's lighter, then throwing that too into the blazing room. His work done, Norio walked away from the inferno without any regrets.

"Good bye, everyone."​

Status
Not open for further replies.