Status
Not open for further replies.
Name: James Frost
Super High School: Psychologist
Backstory:James is a boy with Alexithymia a mental issues that restricts the effect emotions and feelings have on him and his ability to register them. Because of this he spent his life trying to read how people are feeling as not to make them angry with him. He learned how to read people's emotions even if they hide them and can bring them out with ease. He soon used his gift to identify people's problems and help them.
Item taken with you:A notebook filled with notes on people and what symptoms show which emotions. Pens.
cd6a3669b80cb2a22a841ed2de156aa6.jpg

(I am so sorry if this is bad. this is my first time doing something like this.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: James Frost
Super High School: Psychologist
Backstory:James is a boy with Alexithymia a mental issues that restricts the effect emotions and feelings have on him and his ability to register them. Because of this he spent his life trying to read how people are feeling as not to make them angry with him. He learned how to read people's emotions even if they hide them and can bring them out with ease. He soon used his gift to identify people's problems and help them.
Item taken with you:A notebook filled with notes on people and what symptoms show which emotions. Pens.
cd6a3669b80cb2a22a841ed2de156aa6.jpg

(I am so sorry if this is bad. this is my first time doing something like this.)
Approved

It's a bit late now, I guess, but might I suggest that the victim in the first case is an NPC/GMPC student? If only for the simple reason that most people don't want his/her character to be killed in the very first page :P. Failing this, I would suggest a volunteering system only for the first case, again to avoid drama about not wanting to be killed.

On a related note: @Just a Friendly Universe , you said in the opening post that "this particular role play will have the same enviornment of the first game, Hope's Peak Academy, a school for the SHS(Super High School) students." Does that also mean that parts of the building will be sealed off at first, then will be slowly unsealed after each murder? Or is the entire building open for exploration from the get-go?

It's a bit late now, I guess, but might I suggest that the victim in the first case is an NPC/GMPC student? If only for the simple reason that most people don't want his/her character to be killed in the very first page :P. Failing this, I would suggest a volunteering system only for the first case, again to avoid drama about not wanting to be killed.

On a related note: @Just a Friendly Universe , you said in the opening post that "this particular role play will have the same enviornment of the first game, Hope's Peak Academy, a school for the SHS(Super High School) students." Does that also mean that parts of the building will be sealed off at first, then will be slowly unsealed after each murder? Or is the entire building open for exploration from the get-go?
Well people probably won't be getting killed on the FIRST page but I understand what you mean. I suppose that does make sense but this isn't exact supposed to be a very hopefilled experience upupupu. Besides even if I do have an NPC killed the killer will still be executed if found guilty and plus there's not as much immersion if we know for a fact who's going to die. We want people to get close to these characters, care about them, then when they think they'll all be happy singing around a fire BAM! Dead body.
Also yes areas will be blocked at the start and unlocked as the trials go on, I haven't actually watched the original anime in a while so I don't remember the order but ill get a refresher

Well people probably won't be getting killed on the FIRST page but I understand what you mean. I suppose that does make sense but this isn't exact supposed to be a very hopefilled experience upupupu. Besides even if I do have an NPC killed the killer will still be executed if found guilty and plus there's not as much immersion if we know for a fact who's going to die. We want people to get close to these characters, care about them, then when they think they'll all be happy singing around a fire BAM! Dead body.
Also yes areas will be blocked at the start and unlocked as the trials go on, I haven't actually watched the original anime in a while so I don't remember the order but ill get a refresher
Yeah, okay, that makes sense too. Fair enough ^_^.

Just an idea but those that are inactive could be killed off first. Though i think thats only one person atm

Just an idea but those that are inactive could be killed off first. Though i think thats only one person atm
well i don't want to call anyone inactive unless when the story starts they really aren't posting so we'll know once things start moving along

Reactions: Dualnte
On another note, I stole borrowed the floor description from the Danganronpa site. Each floor beyond the first one gets unlocked one at a time after a Class Trial is resolved (assuming, of course, the killer gets caught).

First Floor

On the first floor is the entrance hall, the school store, the A/V Room, a nurse's office, and Classrooms 1-A and 1-B. There is also the Gymnasium, which has a small Trophy Room as an entry hall. Attached to the first floor is "Hotel Despair", the dormitory for the students, which includes a cafeteria, storage room, a trash room with an incinerator, and a bathhouse. There is also a room with a work elevator that leads to the basement of the school [which is where the Class Trials are held, and which is generally locked unless a Class Trial is about to happen].

Second Floor
The Library and Archives, the swimming pool, and classrooms 2-A and 2-B are located on the second floor. Leading to the pool area are boy and girl changing rooms. Within the men's restroom on this floor is a secret room, containing secret documents and files about Hope's Peak Academy.
[This floor also contains another set of dorm rooms accessed from a separate staircase Hotel Despair; there's no direct connection between it and the second floor of the school proper. These are actually not unlocked immediately after the first case in the original work, but rather much later and even then only due to someone snatching a set of keys. However, seeing as this isn't the original work, feel free to do whatever here.]

Third Floor
The Rec room is directly across from the stairs leading to the second floor. To the left is the Art Room and a storage room. To the right is the Physics Lab, which contains an air purifier and another storage room. Classrooms 3-A and 3-B are also on this floor.

Fourth Floor
This floor contains the Music Room, the Staff Room, the Headmaster's Office, the Chemistry Lab, and Classrooms 4-A and 4-B. The Data Processing Room is also on this floor and is kept locked; it connects to the Monokuma Control Room.

Fifth Floor
The fifth and top floor contains a dojo, along with the Biology Lab, which doubles as a morgue. The Greenhouse is found here, however, when the school was converted into a shelter, the windows were covered and painted sky blue, and artificial sun lamps were installed. Classrooms 5-A and 5-B are next to each other, and classroom 5-C is near the Biology Lab. Classroom 5-C is covered in blood and body chalk lines, likely a result of The Tragedy of Hope's Peak Academy.

Note: Only the parts between [] marks are added by me: the rest is copypasta'd.

On another note, I stole borrowed the floor description from the Danganronpa site. Each floor beyond the first one gets unlocked one at a time after a Class Trial is resolved (assuming, of course, the killer gets caught).

First Floor

On the first floor is the entrance hall, the school store, the A/V Room, a nurse's office, and Classrooms 1-A and 1-B. There is also the Gymnasium, which has a small Trophy Room as an entry hall. Attached to the first floor is "Hotel Despair", the dormitory for the students, which includes a cafeteria, storage room, a trash room with an incinerator, and a bathhouse. There is also a room with a work elevator that leads to the basement of the school [which is where the Class Trials are held, and which is generally locked unless a Class Trial is about to happen].

Second Floor
The Library and Archives, the swimming pool, and classrooms 2-A and 2-B are located on the second floor. Leading to the pool area are boy and girl changing rooms. Within the men's restroom on this floor is a secret room, containing secret documents and files about Hope's Peak Academy.
[This floor also contains another set of dorm rooms accessed from a separate staircase Hotel Despair; there's no direct connection between it and the second floor of the school proper. These are actually not unlocked immediately after the first case in the original work, but rather much later and even then only due to someone snatching a set of keys. However, seeing as this isn't the original work, feel free to do whatever here.]

Third Floor
The Rec room is directly across from the stairs leading to the second floor. To the left is the Art Room and a storage room. To the right is the Physics Lab, which contains an air purifier and another storage room. Classrooms 3-A and 3-B are also on this floor.

Fourth Floor
This floor contains the Music Room, the Staff Room, the Headmaster's Office, the Chemistry Lab, and Classrooms 4-A and 4-B. The Data Processing Room is also on this floor and is kept locked; it connects to the Monokuma Control Room.

Fifth Floor
The fifth and top floor contains a dojo, along with the Biology Lab, which doubles as a morgue. The Greenhouse is found here, however, when the school was converted into a shelter, the windows were covered and painted sky blue, and artificial sun lamps were installed. Classrooms 5-A and 5-B are next to each other, and classroom 5-C is near the Biology Lab. Classroom 5-C is covered in blood and body chalk lines, likely a result of The Tragedy of Hope's Peak Academy.

Thanks

If we give a fair amount of time to explore the first floor and get to know one another before the first murder then everyone has a fair chance to play their character, so it won't suck so much if you're the first to die. It's also all the more despairful to see someone die if you know them a bit better.

First Floor

Second Floor

Third Floor

Fourth Floor

Fifth Floor

We could use this as a base then potentially edit it as appropriate. For example, it might be good to have rooms which will be useful to some of our specific SHSL abilities.

Are we just waiting for the person that reserved a spot? Or is there still one open?

OOOOOOOOMMMMMMGGGGGG MY STUPID ALERTS! I stopped getting them! BUT OMG I CAN'T WAIT!

I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: Daz
So nobody seems to be taking the last spot... if nobody claims it soon can we just have it be an NPC who is the first to die? If we don't start soon enthusiasm will die out.

So nobody seems to be taking the last spot... if nobody claims it soon can we just have it be an NPC who is the first to die? If we don't start soon enthusiasm will die out.
Here's what I'll do I'll ask if the reserved person still interested, if they are not or don't respond by tomorrow I'll start it with 14 people

• Thank You
Reactions: Daz
Are we going to be using Skype or the chat for Trials and the like?

Status
Not open for further replies.