Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what? Screw it, I'm gonna make a charrie too :P.

By the way, might I request the GM to add links to all accepted characters in the OP?

Wait what do you mean by OP I have like 5 meanings for OP

Actually I think he meant you need to put the characters in...
punch.jpg

ONE PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNCH!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: The Tragedy
Name: Steven 'Arthur' Silverberg

Super High School Level Detective/Mystery novel writer
(Note the 'writer' part in there. Unlike <spoiler> he does not have any actual detective training; rather, he just knows a lot about any and all crime/detective books, movies, TV shows et cetera, both by virtue of having read/watched a lot of it and having written his own works. Although he can use this information to figure certain things out and inversely knows what NOT to do, the unrealisticness of TV shows and whatnot means that there's a good chance he'll completely mess up. In short, he's closer to a combination of Toko Fukawa and Hifumi Yamada than to <spoiler>, except for detective work instead of anime and whatnot. Also, not as fat :P)

Backstory:
You know how some kids have Spiderman, the Power Rangers and whatnot as their youth hero? Well, Steven's youth hero was Sherlock Holmes. Sounds weird? It probably is. There's a reasonably valid explanation though; Steven's parents were immigrants from the UK, and much like a lot of other first-generation never completely left their heritage behind. As a result, Steven was introduced to the legendary Sherlock Holmes (or rather the books about him) at a very young age. He quickly took a liking to the man; Sherlock was smart, reasonably skilled and kept catching the bad guys. Granted, the villains tended to be pretty stupid and make really dumb mistakes, but hey.

From thereon out, it didn't take long for Steven to start searching for more detective/crime stories, both from the 'good' and the 'bad' point of view. CSI, Death Note, more Sherlock, Lupin III, Detective Conan, Baantjer; books, short stories, mangas, TV shows; literally anyhing that involved crime, punishment and solving mysteries he could get his hand on. And much like all young boys, he started to copy his youth heroes too; searching for a clue to find out who ate the last cookie (Totally not he himself, nuh-uh), finding out rookie mistakes not to make himself in order not to get caught, things like that. All of this made him a pretty logical-thinking person... Or, well, as logical-thinking as someone who almost solely focuses on one writing theme can be expected to be, at least :P.

After a certain age, just reading about the stories wasn't good enough for Steven anymore. No, he wanted to make his own. And thus he started to write. And write. And then the wrote some more. With a combination of the experience of having watched a ton of material and natural talent, he pushed out one bestseller after another. It didn't take long for people to start calling him the new Arthur Conan Doyle, a honorary title Steven gladly accepted. Soon, even the prestigious Hope's Peak Academy took notice of him. Surpremely honoured by this, Steven gladly accepted the invitation to the 'Ultmate' School...

Item taken with you:
A notepad and a magnifying glass.

Face Claim:
t9hptUJ.jpg

Last edited:
Name: Steven 'Arthur' Silverberg

Super High School Level Detective Fan
(Note the 'fan' part in there. Unlike <spoiler> he does not have any actual detective training; rather, he just knows a lot about any and all crime/detective books, movies, TV shows et cetera, and loves to copy them. Although he can use this information to figure certain things out and inversely knows what NOT to do, the unrealisticness of TV shows and whatnot means that there's a good chance he'll completely mess up. In short, he's closer to Hifumi Yamada than to <spoiler>, except for detectives instead of anime and whatnot. Also, not as fat :P)

Backstory:
You know how some kids have Spiderman, the Power Rangers and whatnot as their youth hero? Well, Steven's youth hero was Sherlock Holmes. Sounds weird? It probably is. There's a reasonably valid explanation though; Steven's parents were immigrants from the UK, and much like a lot of other first-generation never completely left their heirtage behind. As a result, Steven was introduced to the legendary Sherlock Holmes (or rather the books about him) at a very young age. He quickly took a liking to the man; Sherlock was smart, reasonably skilled and kept catching the bad guys. Granted, the villains tended to be pretty stupid and make really dumb mistakes, but hey.

From thereon out, it didn't take long for Steven to start searching for more detective/crime stories, both from the 'good' and the 'bad' PoV. CSI, Death Note, more Sherlock, Lupin III, Detective Conan; literally anyhing that involved crime, punishment and solving mysteries he could get his hand on. And much like all young boys, he started to copy his youth heroes too; searching for a clue to find out who ate the last cookie (Totally not he himself, nuh-uh), finding out rookie mistakes not to make himself in order not to get caught, things like that. All of this made him a pretty logical-thinking person... Or, well, as logical-thinking as someone who almost solely focuses on one writing theme can be expected to be, at least :P.

Item taken with you:
a notepad and a magnifying glass.

Face Claim:
t9hptUJ.jpg

EDIT: Changed the image to something more fitting of a detective fan. After all, a real detective wouldn't want everyone to know he's a detective, but a FAN on the other hand... :P
I'm sorry I'm trying to think how Hope's Peak would have something like a Super High School detective FAN of all things idk if you can give me an example of one that crazy I'll accept it but all I can say is maybe he should just be considered a detective cause just being a fan, at least with Yamada he was Super High School Fanfic Creator and came showing something of a skill

So...it's within bounds to be Super High School Level (something that has existed in the series before)?

Oh snap. I wasn't gonna join because Gamer and Writer were both already a thing. Okay, hmm...I gotta go find a suitable picture now don't I?

I'm sorry I'm trying to think how Hope's Peak would have something like a Super High School detective FAN of all things idk if you can give me an example of one that crazy I'll accept it but all I can say is maybe he should just be considered a detective cause just being a fan, at least with Yamada he was Super High School Fanfic Creator and came showing something of a skill
Oh, yeah, Yamada was a /fanfic creator/. Durr... Somewhere down the road, my mind made him into an anime fan. My bad. Meh, I'll make some edits here and there.
Anyway, I just wanted to put a twist on the smart guy/detective trope/stereotype. We all know how some of the smart characters look straight through all of the riddles in mystery novels; I wanted to make someone who thinks he's like that, but due to his own trope-centric mind actually falls short of that. Hmmm... Maybe a mystery novel writer, or something like that? Would that work?

Oh, yeah, Yamada was a /fanfic creator/. Durr... Somewhere down the road, my mind made him into an anime fan. My bad. Meh, I'll make some edits here and there.
Anyway, I just wanted to put a twist on the smart guy/detective trope/stereotype. We all know how some of the smart characters look straight through all of the riddles in mystery novels; I wanted to make someone who thinks he's like that, but due to his own trope-centric mind actually falls short of that. Hmmm... Maybe a mystery novel writer, or something like that? Would that work?
Don't worry about it, I actually thought Yamada was a gamer before I searched it up but yeah he could be a writer and still have those traits)

c62e8a9a0e180720789000202.jpg

Name : Kyle Cyrio (Pronounced like Si-ri-o)
Talent : Super High School Level Gamer
Kyle is the older of two brothers, both of them anti-social, and physically built rather small. Due to many late night gaming sessions, Kyle is pale and thin, and often has gotten confused for a girl throughout his life. The only thing he really knows is games, and he holds no interest for sports, so he finds talking to others difficult a lot of the time. At home and in school, he was a professional grade slacker, never getting anything done, either sleeping in class, ignoring it to game. Never really having to do anything, at home he rarely ever gets dressed, but when he goes out he puts on a heavy black sweatshirt, almost like a wearable security blanket.
Item Taken With You : The heavy sweatshirt, with a handheld gaming system and a charger.
(Is this enough or do I need more?)

Reactions: Daz
c62e8a9a0e180720789000202.jpg

Name : Kyle Cyrio (Pronounced like Si-ri-o)
Talent : Super High School Level Gamer
Kyle is the older of two brothers, both of them anti-social, and physically built rather small. Due to many late night gaming sessions, Kyle is pale and thin, and often has gotten confused for a girl throughout his life. The only thing he really knows is games, and he holds no interest for sports, so he finds talking to others difficult a lot of the time. At home and in school, he was a professional grade slacker, never getting anything done, either sleeping in class, ignoring it to game. Never really having to do anything, at home he rarely ever gets dressed, but when he goes out he puts on a heavy black sweatshirt, almost like a wearable security blanket.
Item Taken With You : The heavy sweatshirt, with a handheld gaming system and a charger.
(Is this enough or do I need more?)
Approved

There, edits are made. I think I cleared up all of the 'Fan' thing now, and replaced them with 'writer' or something similar. Also, I've added a third paragraph, both to make more mention of his focus on writing and to better tie him with getting accepted at Hope's Peak Academy. Does this work?

There, edits are made. I think I cleared up all of the 'Fan' thing now, and replaced them with 'writer' or something similar. Also, I've added a third paragraph, both to make more mention of his focus on writing and to better tie him with getting accepted at Hope's Peak Academy. Does this work?
Yes approved

By the way, when I asked if you could make links to the accepted characters in the Opening Post, I meant something like this:
Eric Fullbuster
Ari Underwoods
Yumi Kojima

Et cetera. It allows people to instantly go to each character sheet, rather than having to hunt them down manually.

Oh how do I do that?
See that number in the lower right of a post, just above the 'reply' button? Click that. A menu should pop up with two links in it:
6geIxjl.png
As shown, you want to select and copy the top one: this is a direct link to the post in question. Then just use that to make a link (select a bit of text, click the "chain" symbol above the posting window, paste the copied URL into the top bar, then press the 'insert' button). Et voila, you just made a link to another post without having to quote the entire thing. It's really useful for lists like this ^_^.

EDIT: Whoops, my image was broken the first time. Fixed it now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.