My considerations are:

Gashadokuro
Bakekujira
Ungaikyo
Chochinobake

Unicorn dancer girl? My fav :>

I'll have to see the OOC first and then figure out which Yokai I would want to make.

Can we create our own Yokai? @Sen
I'd prefer a pre-existing species - trust, there are a shit ton of them. But I might also include supernatural creatures in general under the 'youkai' branch like vampires or werewolves... what sort of youkai do you want to create? :o

they do have a vampire youkai in that website i linked called iso onna, maybe there's also some kind of werewolf/beast kind as well? :3

they do have a vampire youkai in that website i linked called iso onna, maybe there's also some kind of werewolf/beast kind as well? :3
Closest thing I could find was okuri inu. Well, they're look werewolf-ish if they had a human form anyway xD

Closest thing I could find was okuri inu. Well, they're look werewolf-ish if they had a human form anyway xD

yeah xD i just looked it up lol

Okay. So I have a question, and sorry if the answer is possibly obvious lol.

Are our characters living in the human world, disguised as humans? Or is it like in spirited away, where they have their own plane in the human world? Would that mean everyone has a human camouflage?

Okay. So I have a question, and sorry if the answer is possibly obvious lol.

Are our characters living in the human world, disguised as humans? Or is it like in spirited away, where they have their own plane in the human world? Would that mean everyone has a human camouflage?
Like spirited away, they have their own plane in the circle of protective cherry blossoms. Everyone has a human 'form' or camouflage :o

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: junebug
What would their day to day life be like? Would they have occupations and such?

What would their day to day life be like? Would they have occupations and such?
Yup! Teachers, pesky news reporters, gatekeepers, lazy drunkards... you name it!

• Love
Reactions: envogue
And to clarify, this will be set in modern day Japan, or has that not been decided yet?

And to clarify, this will be set in modern day Japan, or has that not been decided yet?
Modern-day Japan seems best c:

Reactions: Katori
Modern day seems fun, but then so does feudal era. Couldn't we merge the two?

Well, that depends on which aspects of the modern day and feudal era that people are interested in. Me personally, I like the lack of construction, fashion, and just the overall aesthetic of it. We could add in certain technologies and luxuries only modern people have, which to me is the most appealing aspect of the modern day. I do like modern clothing though, so that's my dilemma, lol. >.>

Modern day seems fun, but then so does feudal era. Couldn't we merge the two?
It's the modern world outside, but the youkai inside are living a more traditional lifestyle similar to the feudal era, maybe with a few modern gadgets here and there :o

• Love
Reactions: junebug and envogue
It's the modern world outside, but the youkai inside are living a more traditional lifestyle similar to the feudal era, maybe with a few modern gadgets here and there :o

This is exactly what I was imagining. :D

Yeah, the plane could be the 'feudal era' and the human world 'modern'. :D

• Love
Reactions: envogue
Yeah, the plane could be the 'feudal era' and the human world 'modern'. :D
Yup! They've lived that way for so long they're kind of locked into that lifestyle. Once upon a time a youkai walked out and came back with a camera and everyone went "woaaaaaaaaaah!!!!" and that's how they have a few things from the outside world xD

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: junebug
Yup! They've lived that way for so long they're kind of locked into that lifestyle. Once upon a time a youkai walked out and came back with a camera and everyone went "woaaaaaaaaaah!!!!" and that's how they have a few things from the outside world xD

Omg yes! PHOTOBOMB! xDDDD *takes someone's takoyaki*

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mu