"Well, I suppose I'll let you two have a nice chat," he finally said, slipping around the pair to have a chat with the white haired girl that had broken up the previous "situation." "So," he began, flashing his signature smile. "You were pretty smooth with all 'that'," he jerked his thumb towards Duivel and Franky. "You gotta be pretty special to handle something as high stress as those two. I like that." Duke smiled again. He was obviously laying it on a bit thick, but he'd totally been shot down earlier, and it had been a slight blow to his confidence with people. Surely he wouldn't get shot down twice in one day...right?

"So..I'm Duke. What's your name?" The Rook smiled once more.
Windia spaced out for a bit there, satisfied to see that she created this relaxed atmosphere where students are behaving like they should be due to her intervention. It reminded her when she broke up fights between humans and faunus when she was a child back when her family was still living in Terra. For that reason, she didn't notice Duke's presence until the boy started talking to her.

"Oh! Hi there! Didn't noticed you for a second. The name's Windia, though yeah it sounds a bit strange. Pops can't name for beans, after all. Call me anything you want... though I can't guarantee your safety if you give me a weird nickname." Windia said enthusiastically as she beamed at Duke.

"Oh it was nothing really. I'm used to breaking up fights between people. I've done that lots of times back when we were still living in Terra and after we moved to Nysa." She said modestly as she looked away at Duke for a bit to hide her embarrassment. "Faunus and Humans sometimes sometimes don't get along that well and since I'm from both worlds, being an adopted human living with a faunus family, I'm the best candidate to do that. Though I honestly am quite surprised I diffused this situation in record time. Usually, I have to beat the bloody hell out of both sides first before they made up so hurray!" All hints of embarrassment practically gone, Windia exclaimed the last bit excitedly, as if she had just unlocked a new achievement in a game.

"Huh? What are you talking about?" she asked, tilting her head with a clear shade of clueless. "I've never had any problems with any humans...." she stated, words obviously sincere. "Or Faunus, for that manner. Everyone I've met's been sweet as sugar." That was... odd., to say the least. Perhaps Mona had a darker, more serious side that came out and intimidated locals out of picking on her? Or some intimidating friend that scared them off? The latter wouldn't be surprising, with how the first people she'd taken to interacting with were the ruffians. Shrugging it off, Mona smiled once more. "I bet it's just some rumor. But Nysa, huh? I've heard there's lots of Faunus there... I'd love to visit, some day. Maybe you could introduce me to that family of yours, even!"

Astonishment hit the white-haired girl in the face yet again as Mona described what it was like for a Faunus living in Terra. The way she described it seemed like the discrimination by the human populace against the faunus was nonexistent in the first place. Could things have gotten better shortly after her family left Terra? No. That couldn't be the case. Even after the Milkyway family migrated to Nysa, Faunus families would still arrive there, telling how the terrible treatment of Faunus in Terra led them to migrating to the icy kingdom despite the prosperity in Terra. Windia could only theorize that Mona led a sheltered life, or that someone protected her from seeing the harsh realities of discrimination.

"Well, you're welcome to crash at my place any time. Though, I'd still recommend you bring a ton of coats. I've already gotten used to the cold though I can't say about you. On the bright side, we get to have snowball fights almost year-round! I'm sure you'll get along well with my siblings." Windia told Mona while smiling sweetly at the tiger-faunus.

Meanwhile, Edward Teach still seems to be in a non-talking mood as he was reluctant to even say where he was from. Though, after seeing Mona's determination firsthand, Windia was certain she wouldn't give up on befriending him so easily. At least Windia now knows his name, Duivel. She was about to run out of pirate names for him too so what perfect timing.

A couple more people arrived, or more accurately, crashed near where the group had congregated. One of them was visibly upset enough that she grumpily declared everyone didn't see her crash face first on the floor. She looked like the type that would be fun to tease and pester so Windia took a mental note to make get to know her better in the future.

Unfortunately, Franky seems to not have taken her attitude lightly and it just seems like Windia's going to have to break up another fight for today. Hopefully, this ends with just verbal daggers being thrown at each other. If things take a physical turn, she'd have to either beat both of them up or resort to Plan B.

Shizune had spaced out, watching Kwame seemingly shuffle the cards endlessly without answering her question (They were nimble fingers :T) , but when Aelius spoke up she shook it off and glanced up to him. "OH, sorry. I asked what we were playing and then I... dunno. Like some three person simultaenous space out. I'm Shizune Shimmer, nice to meet you- wait, did you say someone's dying?" She asked as she leaned to look past him towards wherever said death would be occuring.
"If either strikes, someone will deal with it. If not, I will."

Aqua said casually with a nod to the new person, before turning slightly in her seat to regard them as she frowned. Hmph. Not to hard to deduce where one of them might have come from, if that outfit and mannerism was any indication. As to the other...

....She hadn't a clue and it was around that moment someone else stepped in. Dressed in a yellow jumpsuit with black lines on the side of her legs, she was a slim figure with an open face. Around her hands, bandages wrapped in a style meant for those who used their fists extensively as she asked brightly.

"Excuse me. Does anyone know if the cockpit is off-limits to students?"

Aqua blinked.

"...Why would you want to know?"

The new girl laughed and brushed her bangs from her eyes.

"Because I want to ride shotgun silly! Or at least check it out- Did I interrupt anything?" She asked with a casual blink.

On the other hand, Ael finally learned the name of the samurai girl that caught his interest. As expected, her name was of eastern origins, though he should have already known that since she looked eastern as well. After seing Shizune suddenly became concerned if someone was dying, he instantly regretted making that exaggeration he did earlier. Sure, he considered Windia to be more gifted in terms of fighting skill than he was but behind that quirky, happy-go-lucky, exterior is a responsible, and mature young lady. She wouldn't accidentally kill someone by beating them up... unless they call her an exhibitionist.

After glancing at Windia, she seems to have done more than just diffuse the situation. In fact, people were coming towards their group from all directions. As expected of her, she's already started expanding her friendship circle this quick.

The girl wearing the naval officer uniform seemed to be ready to spring into action should another fight break out over at Windia's group though he doubted that's going to happen. Before he could get in a word of assurance to her, however, another peculiar girl joined their group dressed in a yellow jumpsuit with black linear designs on the side of her legs, and bandages wrapped around her hands. It was pretty obvious that she was some type of martial artist, judging from her appearance. She looked pretty cute too and Ael was about to introduce himself when she suddenly blurted out words that he thought only someone on Windia's level of crazy would utter. She wanted to know where the goddamn cockpit was so she'd be able to ride shotgun!

Ael didn't know if this girl also had a few loose screws inside her head but he was now more anxious than ever to land on sweet solid ground. Windia, despite her spontaneity, crazy antics, and overall weird behavior was controllable. He was already used to dealing with her, or at least he imagined he was. This new girl, however, could legitimately bring the entire plane crashing to the ground if nobody kept an eye on her! She was too much of an unstable mystery to be left to her own devises.

"What a lovely name you have, Shizune. Don't worry. Windia seems to have already gotten the entire situation under control. Nobody's going to die now... hopefully." He told Shizune and Aqua in the most reassuring voice he could muster. He needed to stay positive now more than ever since he was afraid negative thoughts would just spell their doom. "By the way, I believe I have yet to know your name, Miss." Aelius said to Aqua in particular. "And I still didn't get our card dealer's name too."

"Why the heck are there so much unstable people on this plane?" He thought.

"Oh and you haven't interrupted anything yet. We're supposed to play a card game but we haven't started just yet. So you're very much welcome to join us if you'd like! In fact, I insist that you join us, (and give up searching for the cockpit so the plane won't come crashing down!). The name's Aelius Cedomir, though you can just call me Ael. May I know yours?" Ael asked the peculiar newcomer politely.

Hopefully, she decides to stay here and play cards with them. If Ael could keep her here at bay and make her forget about her interest with the cockpit, perhaps then they could arrive in Eden in one piece now instead of in a body bag.

@Hospes @BlueFlameNikku @C.T. @QuakeUPSB @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ringmaster @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Yun Lee

Luckily for Duviel, though, she didn't get to say more before some new people joined them rather abruptly, having been in a pile on the floor. To both of them, she cheerfully waved. "Hi there! What're your names?"​
"Hi!" Tee replied with a excited wave of her own. "I'm Teanna Sky and that's Audrey. Audrey Pyralis. We uh...well, they didn't like us snooping around very much. Or at all, really. Yeah. How's it going?"

@Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT @QuakeUPSB @Accelerator @BlueFlameNikku

"Excuse me. Does anyone know if the cockpit is off-limits to students?"

Aqua blinked.

"...Why would you want to know?"

The new girl laughed and brushed her bangs from her eyes.

"Because I want to ride shotgun silly! Or at least check it out- Did I interrupt anything?" She asked with a casual blink.
Shizune slowly started to slouch back into her seat once Aqua and Aelius assured her no one was actually dying. She let out a small, relieved huff and said. "Good, good. Sorry, there's someone else on the ship who-"

She blinked a few times as the girl in the jumpsuit approached and asked her questions. There was a faint flicker of recognition that warred with doubt as she sat up and started to ask something before she stopped.

"...thats not... is it? It can't be-"
"What a lovely name you have, Shizune. Don't worry. Windia seems to have already gotten the entire situation under control. Nobody's going to die now... hopefully." He told Shizune and Aqua in the most reassuring voice he could muster. He needed to stay positive now more than ever since he was afraid negative thoughts would just spell their doom. "By the way, I believe I have yet to know your name, Miss." Aelius said to Aqua in particular. "And I still didn't get our card dealer's name too."

"Why the heck are there so much unstable people on this plane?" He thought.

"Oh and you haven't interrupted anything yet. We're supposed to play a card game but we haven't started just yet. So you're very much welcome to join us if you'd like! In fact, I insist that you join us, (and give up searching for the cockpit so the plane won't come crashing down!). The name's Aelius Cedomir, though you can just call me Ael. May I know yours?" Ael asked the peculiar newcomer politely.​
Whatever spark of memory Shizune was trying to kindle was smothered by the sound of being complimented, and she giggled and shrugged as she relaxed back into her seat again. "Well, a cute girl needs a cute name, right?" she said with an easy confidence. At the suggestion, she beamed and nodded towards the vaguely recognized newcomer "And yea, sit down and play! Or sit down and talk about playing. I think that's what we're actually doing. I'm winning." she concluded with a firm nod and closed eyes.

@Accelerator @Ringmaster @Yun Lee

Felix was slightly taken aback when Franky kissed her hand. She had expected a firm handshake, but the surprising act had caught her off guard. "Oh! Uhm-yes. Well.. Drayce isn't for everyone," she stammered, trying to maintain her bearings. She quickly withdrew her hand, staring it it momentarily. She was about to say more when she saw two girls land flat on their faces. Felix found it amusing, and smiled slightly. Looking around, she noticed more and more people gathering, looking for someone to talk to and quickly getting involved in conversation. So this is what it's like to have friends, she thought. It must be nice not to worry about everyone and their intentions. Everyone is so carefree. Once again, Felix's mind began drifting to some far off place.

Duke noticed Teanna walk up to the group while he was in the middle of his conversation. Locking eyes with her for a brief moment, he smirked playfully. "Hey there. Looks like you and your partner have just been having a grand ol' time eh?" He laughed. "Just think. If you'd have stayed with my company earlier, you wouldn't have been rolling all over the floor just now," he joked, hoping she wouldn't take his comments the wrong way.

Turning back to Windia, he laughed at her comment about her name. "Well, your name makes you unique, although you'll have to excuse me if I forget it once or twice. I've never been too good with names," Duke said. "I'd call you Windy, but that's a nickname that could have some implied flatulence connotation," he chuckled at his own bad joke. "And..well, either way, you took care of the situation before this flying hunk of metal crashed and we all died, so I guess that makes you a hero, doesn't it?"

@BlueFlameNikku @C.T. @Accelerator

Hazel Sterling
@Crimson Spartan

Hazel actually looked a little jealous of Alcander, giving her own weapon a side glance.

"Mine ain't much more than a... Pre-owned gig." She said, a little sourly.

Considering its simplicity, one could definitely tell it had been made in a more distant era; little to no elaborate transformations... A simple, easily reproduced design, and it looked like it had quite some wear on it.

Naturally she wasn't going to disclose exactly where the thing came from; trade secret and all, but if she were to be honest, even she wasn't too sure.

However, when she heard that fire was great for his semblance... That it complimented his fighting style... She seemed to suddenly perk up.

"So... Ya ever sparred before?" She asked suddenly.

It was a little hard to say why she was suddenly so eager for a fight, but... Maybe the prospect of testing her own experience against Alcander's was just temping, or hell, maybe Hazel just wanted to see those gauntlets in actions, hard to tell which one.

On the other hand, they might have a while before they were actually able to spar, if this ginormous ship didn't have a room or something for precisely that.​
"If fighting Grimm count I suppose I have..." Alcander remarked when she had asked if he had ever sparred before.

"Oh! My brother and I have...but that was...a long time ago..." He himself had perked up but slowly descended into sadness as he spoke. He avoided eye contact when he mentioned that it had been a long time ago preferring to look at the ground before making eye contact again.

"So I suppose my sparring skills are a bit rusty but i'd be down for a few rounds once we get there..." back to his usual self now.

@york

"If fighting Grimm count I suppose I have..." Alcander remarked when she had asked if he had ever sparred before.

"Oh! My brother and I have...but that was...a long time ago..." He himself had perked up but slowly descended into sadness as he spoke. He avoided eye contact when he mentioned that it had been a long time ago preferring to look at the ground before making eye contact again.

"So I suppose my sparring skills are a bit rusty but i'd be down for a few rounds once we get there..." back to his usual self now.

@york
Hazel Sterling
@Crimson Spartan

Hazel grinned... Looks like they were fighting on even grounds then; she was certainly eager for the ship to land so they could get started on sparring right away. After all, while hunting Grimm was fun, she had yet to go toe to toe with a human (or faunus) opponent in years!

Perhaps it would be her first step towards her eventual career as a Huntress, offing the bigger Grimm creatures that she currently could not. She did pick up on his interesting reaction when he mentioned sparring with his brother... And well, as much as she'd like to tease him, she herself did have a few sore memories from the times she had sparred with her bandit tribe, so... She figured she'd let sleeping dogs lie and leave the subject be.

Instead, she shifted the subject towards something a bit easier to talk about.

"So... Whaddaya think our Academy 's gonna look like?" She asked, kicking back a little as she plopped down on one of the lounge chairs.

Her gaze turned towards one of the windows, where the Academy should eventually pop into view, whenever they got there anyways.​

Turning back to Windia, he laughed at her comment about her name. "Well, your name makes you unique, although you'll have to excuse me if I forget it once or twice. I've never been too good with names," Duke said. "I'd call you Windy, but that's a nickname that could have some implied flatulence connotation," he chuckled at his own bad joke. "And..well, either way, you took care of the situation before this flying hunk of metal crashed and we all died, so I guess that makes you a hero, doesn't it?"
Again, another surprise hit Windia when she heard Duke's response about her name. He laughed, as expected, though it didn't feel like he was being condescending towards her name. She was used to guys generally making fun of her rather peculiar name that she half-expected every guy she'd meet to mock her for it in a bit, calling her a natural "airhead" or, like Duke had said earlier, someone with a bad case of uncontrollable flatulence. At least that was how it was back when she was a child. When she asked her father about his poor naming choices, he responded that he gave her that name because he wanted her to be free like the wind, gentle like the breeze, and sometimes devastating like a gale. Even though she had to admit it was poetic, that didn't stop her from lightly karate chopping her old man as a form of displeasure.

"Well, in terms of nicknames... I guess nobody's ever called me Dia before. It'd certainly be interesting to be called that nickname by someone. I know! I'll give you the exclusive privilege to call me by that nickname!" Windia said as she grinned from ear to ear.

There were now three guys she knew that didn't outright mock her for her weird name. The first was Aelius Cedomir, who was even sort of impressed by her unique name. He even made fun of his own name when they first met, claiming that if his father didn't have a great reputation back home, every kid he met would have called him "Used Ale".

Secondly, Franky Russo, the gangster from Drayce, who didn't seem to even bat an eye when he heard her say her name. As if he was used to hearing names like that. She appreciated being treated "normal" for once. Though, admittedly, her outlandish actions were the reason why everybody she comes across thinks of her as a loose cannon, or plainly a girl with perpetual ADHD, sugar rush, or a combination of both.

Lastly, there was Duke Velos, who also hailed from Drayce. Strangely enough, for another supposed ruffian-type, he seemed to be kinder, easy-going, sort of guy that betrayed what she expected of someone from such a chaotic place like Drayce.

It certainly felt like she was in some sort of Otome Game now, and her Reverse Harem was slowly starting to take form. The thought ended up making her blush profusely. He could see the Drayce boys try to make a move on her, but Ael? She was unsure. She didn't even know what the guy's type was, not that he'd ever tell anyone.

Her blushing even became more prominent when Duke went so far as to call her a hero after she indirectly prevented the plane from theoretically crashing from a fight between Franky and Duviel. She knew she didn't deserve such a grandiose title, not because she was being modest, but heavily due to her desire to crash the plane herself as a last resort to teach the two boys a lesson that fighting amongst themselves was a horrible idea. Still, the praises she'd been receiving have been putting her in an even better mood than before. Part of her wanted to prompt Duke to praise her more but she managed to restrain herself from doing so and most likely embarrassing herself again.

"And, I'd love the idea of becoming a hero... but my dreams, my ambitions don't just stop there. Sure it would be nice to help everyone along the way, but my goal is to bring true human and faunus coexistence. My parents told me the story of a certain faunus named Tiara Pendragon back when me and my siblings were still little runts. She was able to do that, bring coexistence between humans and faunus in the past, but it lasted only until her death. I want to do better than her... I want to create a coexistence that isn't as fragile as the one she created. I want mine to last even after I kick the proverbial bucket. Only then can I call myself a hero." Windia said in a determined voice as she glanced at the passing, fleeting clouds the aerial vessel pass by with a fleeting look on her face.

"Oops... I've gotten a bit sentimental there, haven't I, Duke? Well... since I sort of blurted out my main motivation for becoming a Huntress, I see that it's only fair game that you do the same. Or are you the type of guy that likes to leave a girl hanging?" the white-haired girl jested.

There was a long way to go. Tiara wasn't able to bring that coexistence overnight, and even if it took her years to do it, she failed to ensure it would be a lasting one. If such a great hero failed to achieve that seemingly unattainable ideal, Tiara knew that she has a very long and harsh road ahead of her. But instead of worrying about it, she plastered her signature smile on her face. Even if the road is arduous and the journey is hard, she had already taken the first step towards that dream by deciding to enroll at Eden. For Windia Milkyway, her thousand mile journey had just began.

@QuakeUPSB

Last edited:
Reactions: Quake
"Dia, huh?" Duke rubbed his chin for a moment. "I think I can work with that," he agreed. Listening to Windia's aspirations and dreams, Duke smiled. This girl seemed like she had a good heart, something that was rare for him to come in contact with. A part of him worried that she was a bit naive, and that her dreams would falter when she saw just how dark the real world could be. And yet, there was something different about "Dia." Maybe, just maybe, she'd be able to outshine all the evil and darkness that existed in the world. Only time would tell, and Duke was curious to see how it'd all play out.

With a little hop, Duke took a seat on the hand rail near the windows looking out the ship. When asked about his motivation for becoming a huntress, a sad look flashed across Duke's face for a quick moment. "Well...you see that girl over there talking to Franky?" Duke tilted his head slightly towards Felix. "That's my kid sister, if only by a couple seconds. You'll never meet anyone as bullheaded or strong willed as her," he laughed, his eyes twinkling. "I raised her for most of our lives, at least until we could fight. Even then, we've always been some sort of team. When you grow up like we did, family's all you got." Duke stuck his tongue out, revealing the black Rook tattoo inside his mouth. "See that? It's our symbol: The Rook. ...It means many things to many different people, but to me...it means brother. I'm not the kind of guy who wants to save the world or be some famous hero. As long as I can protect what's important to me," Duke glanced over at his sister briefly. "Then that's all that matters..." After a moment of shared silence, Duke laughed nervously, running his hands through his hair. "I guess we're both getting a bit sappy eh?"

@Accelerator

One dragon paints the meadow white
The next breathes forth his ire
The last snuffs out this world's pale light
Three dragons, born of fire

The first hails from the frozen north,
where winter storms do gale.
His claws rend all who do come forth,
his talons pierce the toughest mail.

The next from craters of the earth,
where fire rules the day.
His grinning visage, devoid of mirth,
breathing flame spilled forth to slay.

The last flies forth from darkened skies,
another world, where daylight fades.
Sleeping silent, the shadows lies,
the Dragon wakes, the dark invades.

One dragon paints the meadow white
The next breathes forth his ire
The last snuffs out this world's pale light
Three dragons, born of fire

So many people. That was the thought that dominated Lilac's mind as she sat quietly, wedged into a corner seat on the ship, her face in a book of poetry, its worn leather cover hiding the expression of doubt and anxiety that adorned her features. She couldn't forget the look on Adam's face when he told her that she was being transferred from Zion to Eden Academy. His red lips, pursed in an uncharacteristic frown, his hair--the same blue-black shade as her's, highlighted in crimson-- tousled and filthy. Most troubling of all, was the emotion in his eyes. Fear. Adam Azura (or Reed, as he went by these days) never showed fear. It wasn't in his makeup; he was always the wild child, the loose cannon, charging headlong into the fire. So what was he, a graduated huntsman, afraid of? What was Lily running from on his behalf? Because, make no mistake, she was running, if unwillingly. Something had happened back in Drayce that had scared her brother so much that he had sent her away so that she wouldn't be near it.
Whatever it is, I'm sure he can deal with it. Adam's never backed down from a challenge. But neither have I. So why am I on a ship on the way to Eden Academy, while he faces this danger alone?
She sighed. There was nothing she could do about it; she couldn't turn around now, and she knew that if Adam desired to keep something secret, nothing that she could do would make him tell her. Reluctantly, Lilac set her book on her lap and looked around at the veritable crowd of other aspiring huntsman and huntresses crowded onto the ship. Self consciously, she adjusted her choker, spinning her necklace, which had gotten turned backwards, into its proper position. Her hands smoothed the front of her pink button-down shirt, wishing irrationally that she was wearing her armour. She looked down, examining every aspect of her attire obsessively, to be sure that there was nothing visible that could out her. That would be her worst nightmare; Lily would rather face a horde of Deathstalkers alone than endure the jeering and mockery of the other students, see a repeat of Christus Academy. Satisfied that her soft blue skirt and supple leather boots were in order, she allowed herself to relax slightly. She reached for Favored Soul, laying sheathed beside her chair, and laid it across her lap, running her hands across the embossed metal of its sheath. Its presence calmed her, and she took a slow, deep breath. She couldn't avoid social contact forever, not in a ship this packed with people her own age. So far, with her nose in a book, she had been ignored, but...

Chapter One: Free Fallin'

The journey had admittedly been a long one, that much was for sure. Lasting two days, the soon-to-be students of Eden likely found themselves tired of being on the aircraft at some point during the journey, despite the surely made friends and allies they'd come to know. If only somewhat. After all, everyone has a secret, and the teens were certainly no exception. But I digress, whether the young heroes- and less than such -enjoyed or disliked the ride, they likely wouldn't enjoy the way it came to an end. The tip top of the morning, before the sun had even risen, they would come to a rude awakening. A loud, deep voice blaring over the speakers of the entire craft, undoubtedly jolting any and all passengers awake in the cabins. Or, well, wherever it was they'd happened to fall asleep in.

Or, if you were Midna, where you hadn't been sleeping at all.

Throughout the ship, an apparation appeared to the students, standing tall but casual with hands clasped behind it's back. A man, bespectacled, with orange hair and nice dress, the hologram staring at the group as though the man were truly there and able to see them all. Which, given the craft was surely equipped with cameras all around, he likely could. Regardless, with a brief adjustment of his glasses, he gave a wave before replacing his hands behind his back. "Good morning, students," came a voice through the speakers as the hologram's shining teal eyes regarded them. "I apologize for the rude awakening, and I understand you'd rather be asleep at this time. A sentiment that I can assure you, I share." Humor. Well, at least he wasn't a complete stick in the ass. "However, I'm here to inform you- you've all safely arrived at Eden Academy." A pause. "Well... Almost."

Oh, great. Of course there was a catch.

"As you all are likely aware, I'm the headmaster of Eden. Solomon Oran. As such, it falls upon me to inform you that arriving at my academy is sadly not as simple as catching a ride from my associates- the gentlemen and ladies on board with you," he mused, openly gesturing with his arm. "While you've all passed your examination tests, proving your capability to attend the prestigious Eden, there is one final trial you must undergo before your arrival." Taking a moment to step to the side, seeming more comfortable in movement, the man continued. "This may seem like a review to many of you, but Ashea is home to many a woodland, the densest and harshest of which surrounds our very school. We consider it a line of defense, not many wishing to venture through it with the numbers of the creatures of Grimm within. You lot, on the other hand, well... You'll be doing precisely that."

A smile grew on the man's face, and he turned before adjusting his glasses once more and straightening his tie. "Now, then, as you may have noticed, despite my statement that you have arrived where you'll be being dropped off, your craft has not ceased moving, has it?" Well, the likely groggy students would in fact notice that they were still moving along, despite this claim, indeed. As though to accentuate this fact, abruptly, a hatch opened beneath one of the student's cots, the one that held an unfortunate Qing You Xia and Aelius Cedomir, sending the two students free falling to the woods from the airborne craft. "Well, that would be because you'll be practicing your landing strategies and making sure you cannot easily be caught off guard. Expect the unexpected, and you'll find it hard to be surprised. Anyhow, don't worry for your friends, there. After all, you were all briefed on how you'd receive your partners and teammates before your journey here began, no? But I suppose I can give you a quick recap."

With that, he continued. "You'll be dropped off on the outskirts of the forest surrounding the academy, filled to the brim with Grimm and other creatures that may wish you harm. In the very center of the woodlands, you will find our academy. However, before you may enter, you must find a token, of sorts. Spread throughout the woods, two of which at every alter. Of which, there are eleven. In addition, whoever you first lay eyes upon once you've landed will be your partner for the years to follow. That said, I do hope none of you tried to cheat and pre-plan a team." Knowingly, he winked, before giving a final wave. "Now, then. I'll be seeing you all shortly. Try your best to stay alive, yeah?"

And so, one by one, the students would find hatches opening under them, dropping them into the sky. Whether they were ready... Or not.

rsz_1screenshot_12_by_teh_zombish-dawm5dm.png

"Wooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Ahahahaha!" exclaimed a girl who entered the free fall with a particularly large amount of excitement. Stretching her arms out to her sides, she relished the feeling of the wind rushing up against her skin as she fell, blowing her black hair about, running against the fur of her white tiger ears pleasantly. Laughing with pure joy, she whipped out Night Tearer, flipping the weapon open into it's Tessen form. Continuing to laugh heartily, she brought the two war fans downward as she came close to the treetops she'd be landing through, causing a gust of wind that kept her up moments longer. Just long enough, more specifically, to switch Night Tearer into it's shield form, curling into a ball behind it, crashing through the trees before switching positions so that it was beneath her feet. Using the thing like a surfboard, she sped down a slope, smiling all the while.

"Wooooooohooo!"

Less excitedly, another fell, dual sickles in hand and cloak skillfully concealing her wolf tail she worked so hard to hide from the world. Long, wavy blonde hair rippled in the wind much like the dark fabric of her cloak as she fell. With but a small grunt signifying her minor exerted effort, she slammed through the leaves, skillfully hooking her sickle off a thick tree branch and easily swinging off of it with her already gathered speed. She landed on the ground in a roll, ending on her feet in the end before brushing herself off.

Hmph. Well enough.

In any case, the students were dropped off in fairly different areas. Windia, Teanna, Audrey, and Liliya found themselves on the western outskirts of the forest. Unluckily for them, it appeared the outskirts were lined with many a detour, thick vines and undergrowth making navigation difficult.

@Accelerator @C.T. @Gummi Bunnies

Mona, Duviel, Duke, and Aqua found themselves closer to the Northeastern areas of the woodlands, a little further in. The area was near a peculiar body of water, looking to be perfectly clear, with the shadows from the treetops cast over the water.

@Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT @QuakeUPSB @Ringmaster

David, Aria, Franky, and Kwame, meanwhile, found themselves further to the East, in an area that seemed a bit more forgiving. Flowers of various shades laid around, and the trees were not stirred by even a breeze. But it seemed almost as though a bit too calm.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @FrozenOcelot @BlueFlameNikku @Yun Lee

Shizune, Alcander, Gainsborough, and Felix landed to the South of the rest, in what seemed like a bit of a valley.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Crimson Spartan @Minerva @QuakeUPSB

A more meadowy area was where Soneri, Eshell, Midna, and Angus found themselves landing, though it was still littered with various trees and other vegetation.

@Gummi Bunnies @Demmy @Hospes @Ringmaster

Aelius, Mason, Tiara, and Hazel wound up surrounded by trees and... A growling could be heard nearby where Aelius and Hazel had ended up, more specifically. That couldn't be good.

@Accelerator @Mason Moretti @Accelerator @york

Finally, Joylu, Lilac, Qing, and Erin landed deeper in the woodlands, For now, it seemed like things were safe enough, but one could never be too careful.

@True Ending Eliza @Valentyne @OrlandoBloomers @TyranntX

But hey, at least the sun had finally risen. It was the dawn of a new day, and, more than that? It was time for their days at Eden to begin.​

Lilac realized what was happening while the projection of the headmaster was still speaking. Thinking fast, she rushed to the specially made case that contained her armour. If they were hoping to catch her unprotected with this surprise, well...
As Solomon continued to explain what was going, she tore the case open and quickly pulled out each piece of her armour, sliding each on in turn over her nightclothes. She trusted that the rest of the belongings would continue on to Eden on the craft, but reached desperately for her prized necklace after getting equipped. Just as it slid over her neck, the hatch beneath her opened, and Lilac fell, her ebony hair streaming out like a wave on a dark sea above her.

As the woods loomed up below, she set her sights on a particularly tall tree; she seemed to be falling into an area deep in the forest. She tore Favored Soul out of its sheath on her back and flicked the switch that caused it to become a disjointed chain whip. She tried to take a deep breath, but the wind stole it from her lungs. Lilac watched her target tree get closer and closer, and then she flicked her whip forward, wrapping it around a long, sturdy branch. Her momentum shifted instantly as centrifugal force pulled her forward, the limb cracking beneath the forces bearing down on it. As it began to break, Lily swung, transforming her weapon back into a sword and releasing its grip. She flew briefly through the air before, just as she had aimed, passing near another tree. The girl dug her blade into the bark, further slowing her rapid descent before she tucked her legs and hit the ground rolling, coming up on her feet, Favored Soul held in a defensive position and the gentle white glow of the Shroud of Cain wrapping her in its retributive light. Seeing no immediate threats, Lilac let her Semblance fade and slightly lowered her sword, though still ready to fight.

This was where the fun began.

Had Eshell been fully awake he might have been prepared to drop out of an aircraft in a random place. But he wasn't awake, and he was most certainly unprepared when the hatch opened up under him, sending him off into the unknown below, the only comforting thought in his head being the memory of being pushed out of a tree. Screaming the whole time, the blind boy began stretching his arms out to try and reach a branch, or at least something. Unfortunately he didn't find anything and instead found himself landing on a large pile of knotted grass. At least it broke his fall, if not leave him winded. 'Nothing like being pushed out of a tree...'

Duke Velos

Duke had been enjoying his time talking to his new friend when Eden's headmaster had appeared via hologram to introduce himself and their mission. The young Rook turned to continue his conversation with Windia when the lower window angled below him opened up out of nowhere. Immediately, the sudden air pressure sucked Duke off the handrail and out the ship. The boy sighed heavily as he plummeted towards the earth. He had been having such a nice conversation. I guess it's time to take care of business, he thought. Duke's mind slowly began to speed up, racing through hundreds of ways to land safely. After a brief moment, he decided the best way to land was to aim for the large body of water below him. Corkscrewing his body in order to change his angle of direction and landing, Duke twisted and turned, straightening out at the last moment to splash into the water. After a couple moments, Duke resurfaced and began swimming to shore. The sudden impact had hurt a lot more than he would have liked, but he had done the best he could with what he had around him, which had literally been nothing. As he reached shore, Duke took a seat on the sand to catch his breath. "Well, that's one hell of way to start an orientation," he muttered, removing his shoe to dump out the water that had pooled inside it. After putting his boot back on, Duke got up and headed inland, wondering who he'd run into. It was a weird thought; the idea of having a partner other than his sister. He could only wonder how everything would turn out...

@Hospes @CrunchyCHEEZIT @Ringmaster

Felix Velos

Felix on the other hand, had been a bit more aware and had seen her brother disappear over the railing. Looking around, she noticed other students start exiting the ship, many of them falling through hatches of the ship or out the windows. Seeing as her brother was already gone, Felix decided it was probably time to head out. The sooner she got down to the ground, the sooner she'd be able to reach her objective and find these tokens Eden's headmaster had talked about. With a casual salute to Franky, Felix turned and hopped down into one of the open hatches and out the ship. As she fell, the female Rook looked around and noticed all the other students falling, each of them attempting to find some sort of way to land safely. Some had already landed, others were still exiting the ship. As Felix fell, she couldn't help but feel a calming sense of peace as the wind rushed past her. Looking down, the raven haired girl eyed a patch of trees where the hills sloped down into a valley. Slowly, she began using her semblance to build up extreme pressure in her fingertips and palms. As she got closer, Felix reached out, latching onto a branch at the top of one of the trees. Only her ability to manipulate pressure throughout her body had allowed her to maintain her grip without ripping her arms from their sockets. With a couple more swings, Felix landed and rolled onto the ground. After dusting herself off and quickly stretching out her poor arms, Felix stood up and started walking, eyes wary for any Grimm that might be nearby...

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Crimson Spartan @Minerva

• Love
Reactions: Accelerator
And so, one by one, the students would find hatches opening under them, dropping them into the sky. Whether they were ready... Or not.​
"...Finally." She remarked after the headmaster's spiel, feeling rather than hearing the hatch giving way under her. Testing time at last. No more need for socializing with the others. Land successfully, fight through any Grimm in her way and retrieve this token required. She considered it done already.

With the hatch open, the young warrior fell through into the open sky. With a quick blast of flame, she lowered her momentum enough to cast a glance at her surroundings, searching for her constant companion through all these years. It wasn't too difficult.

She only had to listen for the cheery, excited whoops of joy from her voice.

Quickly thrusting over with a blast from her fire-propelled boots, she reached out to grasp for Teanna...only instead for the other to grab on herself. And move over so she stood on Audrey's back like a skateboard.

"..."

"Hi!"

"Do you mind??"

"Hmmmmm...nope, I don't." : D

Audrey sighed but said nothing more, letting the wind take her down. At the last second, she pulled back and decelerated to a comfy pace as Teanna hopped off and onto one of the trees before them.

"Was that really necessary? Back there?"

"I mean, it is in my name, Audrey. I like riding the sky."

"Hngh." She grunted and moved on. "Vines. Yay."

"No need to be sarcastic! We can ride on them, like mon--"

"No." She marched forward without another word.

@Hospes @Accelerator @Gummi Bunnies

In any case, the students were dropped off in fairly different areas. Windia, Teanna, Audrey, and Liliya found themselves on the western outskirts of the forest. Unluckily for them, it appeared the outskirts were lined with many a detour, thick vines and undergrowth making navigation difficult.

"...Finally." She remarked after the headmaster's spiel, feeling rather than hearing the hatch giving way under her. Testing time at last. No more need for socializing with the others. Land successfully, fight through any Grimm in her way and retrieve this token required. She considered it done already.

With the hatch open, the young warrior fell through into the open sky. With a quick blast of flame, she lowered her momentum enough to cast a glance at her surroundings, searching for her constant companion through all these years. It wasn't too difficult.

She only had to listen for the cheery, excited whoops of joy from her voice.

Quickly thrusting over with a blast from her fire-propelled boots, she reached out to grasp for Teanna...only instead for the other to grab on herself. And move over so she stood on Audrey's back like a skateboard.

"..."

"Hi!"

"Do you mind??"

"Hmmmmm...nope, I don't." : D

Audrey sighed but said nothing more, letting the wind take her down. At the last second, she pulled back and decelerated to a comfy pace as Teanna hopped off and onto one of the trees before them.

"Was that really necessary? Back there?"

"I mean, it is in my name, Audrey. I like riding the sky."

"Hngh." She grunted and moved on. "Vines. Yay."

"No need to be sarcastic! We can ride on them, like mon--"

"No." She marched forward without another word.

@Hospes @Accelerator @Gummi Bunnies
"H-Huh? Landing strate-"

Liliya mumbled in confused moments before she would be dropped down to the forest below. She wasn't prepared for this at all!

"-GYYYYYYYY!?"

She was still in the middle of questioning on what a landing strategy was, but was already falling by the time she got to the last syllable. At the rate that she was falling, Liliya knew whatever she had wasn't going to end well in terms of actually landing onto something stable. Without much time to think, she slipped off her coat, and a small flash of light came from her. By the time Liliya would probably slam into one of the tree branches, she had somehow transformed into the form of a swan... a panicking swan to be exact.

Noticing a few other students present here, Liliya tried to make gestures over to where her ribboned coat was, the coat hanging off of a tree branch higher from them. Well... if only it were easy to convey while in swan form.

@Accelerator @C.T.

A more meadowy area was where Soneri, Eshell, Midna, and Angus found themselves landing, though it was still littered with various trees and other vegetation.

Had Eshell been fully awake he might have been prepared to drop out of an aircraft in a random place. But he wasn't awake, and he was most certainly unprepared when the hatch opened up under him, sending him off into the unknown below, the only comforting thought in his head being the memory of being pushed out of a tree. Screaming the whole time, the blind boy began stretching his arms out to try and reach a branch, or at least something. Unfortunately he didn't find anything and instead found himself landing on a large pile of knotted grass. At least it broke his fall, if not leave him winded. 'Nothing like being pushed out of a tree...'
While she knew how straightforward a landing strategy was, Soneri didn't actually think this one through when she was immediately thrown into the situation where a landing strategy was needed. She only practiced herself in the arts of archery, and she didn't think that she would be needing a landing strategy until now. However, something broke her fall, and that was falling into the same grass pile that Eshell fell into.

"..."

Soneri immediately recalled the words said by their headmaster. So what was her thoughts on Eshell?

"Ugh, I don't have the time to be lingering around you."

And there she goes, thinking on going somewhere else and finding someone a bit more suitable to her tastes. She probably wouldn't get far, considering that she didn't feel like going through all of that nasty vegetation that surrounded this meadow.

@Demmy @Hospes @Ringmaster

• Love
Reactions: Midnight Maiden

The journey had admittedly been a long one, that much was for sure. Lasting two days, the soon-to-be students of Eden likely found themselves tired of being on the aircraft at some point during the journey, despite the surely made friends and allies they'd come to know. If only somewhat. After all, everyone has a secret, and the teens were certainly no exception. But I digress, whether the young heroes- and less than such -enjoyed or disliked the ride, they likely wouldn't enjoy the way it came to an end. The tip top of the morning, before the sun had even risen, they would come to a rude awakening. A loud, deep voice blaring over the speakers of the entire craft, undoubtedly jolting any and all passengers awake in the cabins. Or, well, wherever it was they'd happened to fall asleep in.

Throughout the ship, an apparation appeared to the students, standing tall but casual with hands clasped behind it's back. A man, bespectacled, with orange hair and nice dress, the hologram staring at the group as though the man were truly there and able to see them all. Which, given the craft was surely equipped with cameras all around, he likely could. Regardless, with a brief adjustment of his glasses, he gave a wave before replacing his hands behind his back. "Good morning, students," came a voice through the speakers as the hologram's shining teal eyes regarded them. "I apologize for the rude awakening, and I understand you'd rather be asleep at this time. A sentiment that I can assure you, I share." Humor. Well, at least he wasn't a complete stick in the ass. "However, I'm here to inform you- you've all safely arrived at Eden Academy." A pause. "Well... Almost."

"As you all are likely aware, I'm the headmaster of Eden. Solomon Oran. As such, it falls upon me to inform you that arriving at my academy is sadly not as simple as catching a ride from my associates- the gentlemen and ladies on board with you," he mused, openly gesturing with his arm. "While you've all passed your examination tests, proving your capability to attend the prestigious Eden, there is one final trial you must undergo before your arrival." Taking a moment to step to the side, seeming more comfortable in movement, the man continued. "This may seem like a review to many of you, but Ashea is home to many a woodland, the densest and harshest of which surrounds our very school. We consider it a line of defense, not many wishing to venture through it with the numbers of the creatures of Grimm within. You lot, on the other hand, well... You'll be doing precisely that."

A smile grew on the man's face, and he turned before adjusting his glasses once more and straightening his tie. "Now, then, as you may have noticed, despite my statement that you have arrived where you'll be being dropped off, your craft has not ceased moving, has it?" Well, the likely groggy students would in fact notice that they were still moving along, despite this claim, indeed. As though to accentuate this fact, abruptly, a hatch opened beneath one of the student's cots, the one that held an unfortunate Qing You Xia and Aelius Cedomir, sending the two students free falling to the woods from the airborne craft. "Well, that would be because you'll be practicing your landing strategies and making sure you cannot easily be caught off guard. Expect the unexpected, and you'll find it hard to be surprised. Anyhow, don't worry for your friends, there. After all, you were all briefed on how you'd receive your partners and teammates before your journey here began, no? But I suppose I can give you a quick recap."

With that, he continued. "You'll be dropped off on the outskirts of the forest surrounding the academy, filled to the brim with Grimm and other creatures that may wish you harm. In the very center of the woodlands, you will find our academy. However, before you may enter, you must find a token, of sorts. Spread throughout the woods, two of which at every alter. Of which, there are eleven. In addition, whoever you first lay eyes upon once you've landed will be your partner for the years to follow. That said, I do hope none of you tried to cheat and pre-plan a team." Knowingly, he winked, before giving a final wave. "Now, then. I'll be seeing you all shortly. Try your best to stay alive, yeah?"

And so, one by one, the students would find hatches opening under them, dropping them into the sky. Whether they were ready... Or not.

"Wooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! Ahahahaha!" exclaimed a girl who entered the free fall with a particularly large amount of excitement. Stretching her arms out to her sides, she relished the feeling of the wind rushing up against her skin as she fell, blowing her black hair about, running against the fur of her white tiger ears pleasantly. Laughing with pure joy, she whipped out Night Tearer, flipping the weapon open into it's Tessen form. Continuing to laugh heartily, she brought the two war fans downward as she came close to the treetops she'd be landing through, causing a gust of wind that kept her up moments longer. Just long enough, more specifically, to switch Night Tearer into it's shield form, curling into a ball behind it, crashing through the trees before switching positions so that it was beneath her feet. Using the thing like a surfboard, she sped down a slope, smiling all the while.

"Wooooooohooo!"

Less excitedly, another fell, dual sickles in hand and cloak skillfully concealing her wolf tail she worked so hard to hide from the world. Long, wavy blonde hair rippled in the wind much like the dark fabric of her cloak as she fell. With but a small grunt signifying her minor exerted effort, she slammed through the leaves, skillfully hooking her sickle off a thick tree branch and easily swinging off of it with her already gathered speed. She landed on the ground in a roll, ending on her feet in the end before brushing herself off.

Hmph. Well enough.

Mona, Duviel, Duke, and Aqua found themselves closer to the Northeastern areas of the woodlands, a little further in. The area was near a peculiar body of water, looking to be perfectly clear, with the shadows from the treetops cast over the water.

David, Aria, Franky, and Kwame, meanwhile, found themselves further to the East, in an area that seemed a bit more forgiving. Flowers of various shades laid around, and the trees were not stirred by even a breeze. But it seemed almost as though a bit too calm.

Shizune, Alcander, Gainsborough, and Felix landed to the South of the rest, in what seemed like a bit of a valley.

Aelius, Ming, Vasili, and Hazel wound up surrounded by trees and... A growling could be heard nearby where Aelius and Hazel had ended up, more specifically. That couldn't be good.

@Accelerator @Minerva @Schnee Corp Lawyer @york

Finally, Joylu, Lilac, Qing, and Erin landed deeper in the woodlands, For now, it seemed like things were safe enough, but one could never be too careful.

But hey, at least the sun had finally risen. It was the dawn of a new day, and, more than that? It was time for their days at Eden to begin.​
As with everyone else, Kwame's awakening had been a rude one indeed. However, already his mind was racing as he realized: they were gonna be dropped down far-most likely without a parachute.

No matter; he would just make one.

Taking the sheet from his bed (not like they'd need it back anytime soon) Kwame opened up Spinneseade and sewed white Air threads into the corner of the blanket, then folded the blanket rather loosely, while still keeping hold of the threads. Taking one last look in the mirror to make sure he looked good while landing, Kwame fell through the floor when his time came.

The fall was as fun as it was frightening, and Kwame would've been having more fun if he wasn't so busy focusing on his landing. He needed to time this just right...

...NOW!

With a firm grip on the threads Kwame opened the sheet, then closed his eyes, leaving the four hidden behind goggles able to see if he needed to...yup! Semblance time. As he held onto threads connected to the sheet, Kwame manipulated the sheet into a more aerodynamic shape, using the Air Dust in his threads to give a higher lift and allow more air resistance. In just a few minutes Kwame floated down to a colorful meadow, sinking to his knees as he caught his breath. Damn, that took more out of him than he expected. But, hey, better tired than dead.
@LuckycoolHawk9 @BlueFlameNikku @Hospes

A white-haired girl who had remained silent for the vast majority of the two-day long trip had been lying peacefully in bed when the hologram of the headmaster came about, causing her head to rise from her pillow and the ears atop her head to twitch curiously, a tired expression on her face as she watched and listened to what the man had to say. Sleepiness was still clear in her warm reddish-gold eyes, and a silent yawn parted her lips, mouth falling open and eyes drooping tiredly as she listened. Well, at least, up until the first students had hatches opened from under them.

rsz_alert2_by_teh_zombish_dawpruk_by_teh_zombish-dawqajg.jpg

Then, the girl was wide awake, ears perking straight up and eyes going wide. Jolting upright and barrel-rolling away from the spot she'd been lying, she made a dash to quickly grab her weapon and bag of belongings... Just in time to be dropped through the air.

While some may have screamed, or perhaps laughed, or some other variation of panic or excitement, this girl- Bianca Armod -was totally silent as she fell, hair white as snow flowing behind her like a waterfall. With evident concentration, she glanced over the area, trying to pinpoint what would be the best place to land. After a moment, a small grin crossed her face as Divines' Fury extended into whip form, lashing out and wrapping itself around a rather large tree branch and letting the girl skillfully swing downwards, landing safely on her feet before retracting her weapon.

With a small smile on her face, the girl calmly stowed her weapon, stretching out and resting her hands on the back of her neck, beginning to walk along contently through the flowery, calm area with eyes full of curiosity. Her ear flicked slightly, eyes briefly widening and mouth falling open ever-so-slightly. She'd heard some noise nearby, and she wasn't sure what to make of it. Whirling on her heel, her features steeled slightly, a hand ghosting over the hilt of her weapon as she cautiously began to approach the source of the noise.. Before she instead smiled, hand falling instead to her side and a breath of calm released. This was no Grimm, but rather, a fellow student. A friendly wave was given to the new arrival, though no words of greeting were spoken.

@BlueFlameNikku

@Yun Lee @LuckycoolHawk9

-----------

Where she'd landed, Midna calmly glanced about, dark blue eyes scrutinizing her place of landing with a purpose. Ears were strained, listening closely for any hint of a Grimm presence despite the seeming calm of the area. Satisfied for the moment when she heard nothing, the cloaked female carefully stowed her weapons, blinking as she took her first steps since landing and began scaling on of the nearest trees, seeking a higher ground to determine her location in regards to the closeness of her destination. Being a natural climber, it took her no time at all to reach the top, where she scanned the area with a purpose..

Just in time to see a male go whizzing by, landing nearby, followed by a female that seemed to land in the same general area, if not right on top of him. And, not just any girl, either - from the brief glimpse she caught, it seemed to be the infamous Soneri.

rsz_rsz_screenshot_162_by_teh_zombish_dareciv_by_teh_zombish-dawqeon.png

"..."

Yeah. She was glad that she hadn't been the one to land in her company. Pass on partnering with her, though she did feel bad for the unfortunate Eshell who had. Sighing softly, the female use one hand to hold back her windblown hair, preparing to jump down out of the tree... Just as another boy came whizzing by.

Right towards her.

With wide eyes, and already having jumped off of her perch, Midna had no choice. The boy was going to slam into her, otherwise, so she had to act fast. And she did. Bracing for the impact, Midna waited for exactly the right moment before... Catching the male in her arms around impact, admittedly pushed back a bit by the force of his impact with her, but able to recover easily and navigate them down through the last of the branches with minimal impact(all of which was hers, luckily able to guard him from it) and land on her feet....

With the boy held awkwardly in her arms, bridal style.

"..."

Okay. She needed to think, and fast. What was she supposed to say? What was she supposed to do? This guy was going to be her partner for a long time, now, and she couldn't screw up. She couldn't make a bad first impression with someone she'd be stuck spending so much time with, after all. So caught up in figuring out what to say, she forgot she was even holding him, forcing herself to be calm and give a well thought-out greeting that would surely be a great start to what hopefully wouldn't end horribly like many of her attempts at being social.

"...Hello," she finally spoke, English accent a little more evident considering she forced herself to speak up.

Totally nailed it.

@Ringmaster

@Gummi Bunnies @Demmy

-----

"Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~!"

Sledding back and forth with surprising skill for someone who seemed so klutzy, Mona continued to laugh through her descent down the hill.. Only for her to notice something as she headed down. Oh, was that.. Could it be....? "Hahaha, loooook outtttttt!" she called to the figure, but she was already much too close for that warning to cut it. Still smiling as bright as ever, she hopped off of the makeshift 'sled' she'd been using Night Tearer as, leaping right at the unfortunate male in a forceful tacklehug one wouldn't think would be possible for someone of her rather petite size. The force likely knocked the poor male over, if so winding up with both of them tumbling through the grass, Mona still laughing all the while. Even as they slowed to a stop, with her atop of him, she smiled and giggled softly. Leaves danced through her tiger ears and black hair, her expression still as cheerful as ever as she rested her chin on Duviel's chest through the tacklehug.

rsz_cheerful_by_teh_zombish_dawqts0_by_teh_zombish-dawsd8s.png

"...Heya, Duviel!" she greeted, evidently absolutely elated to see the male judging by how her smile was even wider than usual. "Hehe, wow, I guess we're partners, huh?"

At least it was hard to get mad at that dorky little face... Unless, of course, you were Duviel. And this was the second time you'd been tackled by her.

@CrunchyCHEEZIT

@QuakeUPSB @Ringmaster

"Wooooooohooo!"

Hmph. Well enough.

Aelius, Ming, Vasili, and Hazel wound up surrounded by trees and... A growling could be heard nearby where Aelius and Hazel had ended up, more specifically. That couldn't be good.

As the events played out Alcander mostly kept to himself having trouble sleeping at night due to the nightmares he was plagued by. Around the time the headmaster appeared . Being antisocial for the most part and sleep deprived Alcander wasn't really paying attention until he noticed students beginning to fall through hatches.

Oh.....and upon noticing that a hatch under where he was standing opened he was rightly caught off guard.

Well Alcander had to plan his next carefully as he held his hands out in front of him. His gauntlets activating as he surrounded himself with fire. Using his semblance he absorbed the fire and with the boost came crashing down into the valley. Fist first he hit the ground causing a decent sized crater in response.

Standing up to brush himself off his landing had damaged his aura already but he seemed fine.

@Schnee Corp Lawyer @Hospes @Minerva @QuakeUPSB

Last edited:
Where most of the students spent their time aboard the ship making friends and socializing, Jolyu Sun-Shin stared out the window with a sour face. Her ears twitched in agitation at all the noise in the background. At night, she willed her eyes shut, and dutifully drifted to sleep. The next morning she rose, and listened intently to the apparition in front of her. Her brow furrowed at the mention of a "landing strategy". Protecting Korya scarcely needed falling/jumping from high places, nor was it likely to in the future.Gathering her essentials in preparation for Eden's little initiation, an open hatch prompted the dog-woman to come to grips with the situation.

Despite her self, Jolyu panicked for a solid ten seconds. The air felt like it was rushing through her, rather than just around her, blinding her. With her eyes still closed, the martial Lady of Korya took a gravity assisted breath, pulled her bow from her back, and pressed a small glowing button on the bow's pivot point. Immediately the mahagony gave way to a neon blue translucent tortoise shell 2 meters in diameter with the ornamental head of a dragon in the center. Eyelids unburdened with the rush of fear that comes from death by gravity, Jolyu watched and waited crashing through past tree branches, until she was nearly ten meters from the ground. Just before that distance, she reached into her quiver behind her and pulled out an arrow with a glowing grey tip. Jolyu jammed that arrow into the area of the shell jut behind the dragon, whose eyes glowed the same shade of grey and belched a shell of energy against the earth, cushioning her fall. Or rather, it would have, had she fired the gout of gravity energy a scant meter higher up, with her Tortoise and Dragon angled to be completely parallel with the earth. Instead her weight threw her angle off a few degrees, and her last resort sent her flying through the branches a solid 15 meters. It's just her luck that she'd crash land on a fellow huntress in training.

@Valentyne

"Wooooooohooo!"

Hmph. Well enough.

Hazel Sterling
@Crimson Spartan

Well, however things ended up, Hazel had ended up dozing off somewhere through the rise... Snoring quite loudly, loud enough that it would make one wonder how in the world she managed to survive for this long with a snore like that, or maybe this was just her cutting loose since she had the chance?

At any rate... It was gonna be a loooong night...

Somewhere at the crack of dawn, she was awakened by an unexpected announcement, and groggily rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, she could just barely catch what the man was saying... Something about... Destinations... Sleep, and... A test? Say what?

Partners... Eye contact... Stay alive... Tokens... Spread throughout the woods...

Wait, woods? They were going through some woods?

Hmm... That sounded familiar... Too familiar...

Shaking the last of her sleep out of her eyes, still seeming a bit out of it, she raised a hand, not even waiting to be called on before she called out.

"Oy! Just where da ya think yer droppin'-...!" She started to say.

However, the rest of what she was saying was quickly cut off when she suddenly felt herself being dropped from the ship, and down to the forest below.

So much for being prepared, right?

Except... In this case... Being unprepared worked to Hazel's advantage.

The feeling of suddenly going into a freefall, with nothing except her own actions stopping her from becoming nothing more than a nasty stain somewhere in the foliage down below would have filled most common folk with fear... And for Hazel, it most certainly did, but unlike most common folk... She liked it.

As the forest below her grew closer and closer... A grin crossed her face, as she felt fear running its course through her body... And then, a mysterious, yellow glint was present in her eyes for a brief moment, before she drew her weapon with a swift motion, poised and waiting, until she saw the perfect opportunity to stick her landing

As the trunk of a sizeable tree veered into view, she took a jab towards it... Embedding her spear quite deeply into its trunk, and drawing a nasty gash down its side as she used it to slow herself down.

Using the initial fear she had felt on the way down... She amplified her strength, allowing her to slide with with little trouble.

Once she got close enough to the ground, she quickly yanked her weapon's razor sharp blades from the trunk, landing rather neatly with a crouch.

Landing strategy? Check.

Though she did not date make eye contact with anyone yet, she did notice that four others had landed roughly in her area, if she judged the trajectories of their plummets correctly. However, the distinct sound of growling quickly drew her attention...

She had been lusting for a fight on that ship... And now that she had the chance to get one, Hazel didn't hesitate to seize the opportunity. As she was aware her bloodlust accompanied a distinct feeling of hostility towards the creature near her.

Using this to her advantage, another yellowish glint was present in her eyes as she concentrated... Using her semblance to direct her own negative emotions towards where the growling sound was coming from. It looks like she intended to lure the creature towards her position, so she could finish it off...

Or at least, so she thought.

Would her over eagerness to fight, in conjunction with her own ego be the death of her?

Only time would tell.

It wasn't the first time she had taken a risk like this, but hey... When boredom was as great as it was living alone like she had for so long, who could blame her, right?

@Accelerator @Minerva @Schnee Corp Lawyer @Hospes

Reactions: Mason Moretti